PDA

View Full Version : Curved Cantina Bar Sections

Tycho
02-10-2007, 05:46 PM
In looking at the pictures of Elris Helrot and Myoom Onth, we discover they include the curved bar sections you need to add to your 2002-2004 cantina bar sections to make the full "u-shape" of the bar.

Pretty cool. I imagine those figures, along with Umpass Stay's large Max Rebo Band drum will come on rather large cards.

Still, that's a nice value.

Blue2th
02-10-2007, 06:08 PM
After looking at my old bar sections, the "U section" looks like it has the exact same paint apps as the old bar sections. So it'll match them. :thumbsup:

Droid
02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Do you think those two pieces will do it or do you think there are more pieces to come? I'm not sure how that will hook together. I'd like to see a picture of it all set up. I pictured the curved pieces being bigger. But I'm sure it will work out. I'm glad they're doing it.

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I also thought they would be slightly bigger too. I am juts glad to have them. I passed on the Cantina exclusive single packs, but got the K-mart sets. Hopefully that will be enough. We now need booths.

Jargo
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm sure it needs three of those. the size of the curve is quite broad in the movie. there's a fair space between the 'still and the bar itself.

Kidhuman
02-10-2007, 10:29 PM
I am thinking the same thing MDP. 3-4 pieces should suffice.

figrin bran
02-10-2007, 10:56 PM
judging by the pics sirsteve put up, the cards don't look any bigger than the other figures. it's the bubble that's bigger.

Tycho
02-11-2007, 01:24 AM
I think 2 curved sections will do it. However, I think you'll need 4 straight sections to complete the bar - more than you get in the K-Mart 3-pack.

The bar will likely be smaller than the actual one might've been in the movie - or at least how it appeared to be in the movie.

I'm concerned with how we might get the drink dispensor / cappachino machine now.

Kidhuman
02-11-2007, 01:33 AM
If you got both three packs and the WM exclusives Tycho, thats 9 straight pieces. I got both Exclusive sets and Greedo from the WM exclusive set. 7 pieces is enough

Tycho
02-11-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm not sure what I got.

IIRC:

Momaw - I wanted the bar section and could use the Ithorian in the Senate
Greedo - ditto
Ponda Baba - I used the figure on Peasant Disguise Anakin's freighter

Kitik Keed Kak - (single) - I was lucky enough to get this from Galactic Hunter

I skipped the other two and didn't go for any of the 3-packs.

I guess I do have enough to turn out a pretty good bar if I wanted to.

However, I've always preferred to construct my own cantina so all the materials match, and it is the exact size I need. So I was using one reversed bar section as the clerk's counter in Watto's shop.

DarthQuack
02-11-2007, 06:20 AM
This should look freaking sweet when all pieced together.....Anyone have any pics of it all together so far?

Snowtrooper
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
For those of you who are a little concerned about the size of the curved ends(myself included), a quick fix would be to put a straight piece in between the two curved ends. It will get you alot wider bar than you would get with just the ends. Of course it is not going to be a nice curve like in the movie. That could be fixed by cutting one of the straight pieces in half and putting it in between the ends. You'll still have a bit of a flat end, but it will look more curved and you'll probably get closer to the correct width of the actual bar.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-11-2007, 09:34 PM
The bar section in this picture this picture (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=20362&cat=5269) looks like it is a 90 degree arc, so two pieces is likely all it will be. Hard to tell for sure how much room that will make behind the bar. Adding a straight piece between these two would be too much I think.

Val Da Car
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
The bar section in this picture this picture (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=20362&cat=5269) looks like it is a 90 degree arc, so two pieces is likely all it will be. Hard to tell for sure how much room that will make behind the bar. Adding a straight piece between these two would be too much I think.

or it looks like it might take 3 pieces to have a full curved section. I hope these are more than one to a case.

Rogue II
02-12-2007, 10:07 PM
For those of you who are a little concerned about the size of the curved ends(myself included), a quick fix would be to put a straight piece in between the two curved ends. It will get you alot wider bar than you would get with just the ends. Of course it is not going to be a nice curve like in the movie. That could be fixed by cutting one of the straight pieces in half and putting it in between the ends. You'll still have a bit of a flat end, but it will look more curved and you'll probably get closer to the correct width of the actual bar.

That sounds about right to me. Looking at the picture MSP linked to, the curve has a 90 bend. If you have 2 curves attached to each other, the bar will be too narrow. So, spacing them out with a straight piece makes sense and should fix the problem. Now, I hope the release more straight pieces. I only bought the first 3 sections. The K-Mart sets didn't seem like they were worth the money at the time.

Tycho
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
You can't use a straight piece in there. It would really look wrong.

Watch the movie.

Like many things made by Hasbro, this bar might be undersized, but I'm pretty sure the two straight pieces will do it.

Also, adding more curves to it will not work either.

A final possibility is that the movie set just looks bigger on film than it was in real life (though I doubt Hasbro got measurements from Lucasfilm to craft this one).

Sorry guys. I can totally see that this is it.

The (hopefully) next bar part we get is the drink dispensery machinery.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I played the Mos Eisley level on Lego Star Wars II, and the bar seemed fairly narrow. Then I watched the scene in the movie and it was a bit wider.

Rogue II
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, the curve isn't wide enough. Unless you add the straight piece in the middle, there is no way you are going to fit the drink dispenser and a figure in the middle.

Tycho
02-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Wuher will stand in front of the drink dispenser with no walkspace for him to reach customers along the straight away sections of the bar. In other words, he'll fit in the curve with only room for him.

It's typical Hasbro foresight into their design - as incredibly functional as that Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter :thumbsup:

Once they master this engineering feat, they will proceed to make Oppo Rancisis' Jedi Starfighter. That should be a real winner!

pbarnard
02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Well after building my cantina, one thing that was the biggest challenge was the bar. Course I was inexperienced than, so now I could probably do better, I still have no plan or desire to replace mine with Hasbro's. It's not the size or scale of the bar itself that bothers me, it is the presence of the stools. Can some one convince me that these were in the movie?

Tycho
02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
It's not the size or scale of the bar itself that bothers me, it is the presence of the stools. Can some one convince me that these were in the movie?

There weren't stools in the movie. You can see that when they show Bo Shek standing. Could there have been stools on the side where the Tonnika sisters were positioned? Maybe. But there were none over where Luke and Ponda Baba were.

Hasbro added the stools I imagine to make the set seem to have more value than say General Rieeken's tactical screen, and give folks a greater reason to buy re-sculpts of several of the aliens with bending knees.

JEDIpartner
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm concerned with how we might get the drink dispensor / cappachino machine now.

Get a bunch of IG-88s on clearance and make them out of his parts! I think there are about 3 or 4 of his heads in that mess!

Jargo
02-13-2007, 02:02 PM
copper wire, a soldering iron, some solder flux, a few metal beads and a few IG-88 heads. ben wire, thread beads on, solder wire to wire solder beads to wire. glue droid heads on. attach assembly to foam core plinth. easy. HA!

JEDIpartner
02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Precisely!!!!