PDA

View Full Version : Songs for Guitar Hero 3

Slicker
02-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I would assume they'll make another one so I was listening to some music and just thought to myself for a couple of them that that song would be tough/fun for that game.

Just list up some songs you think would good for the next addition.

Mine are:

Fred Bear - Ted Nugent

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (it's got that bit*hin' part towards the end that would be near impossible)

Metallica - One (just for the LONG end part)

Scorpions - Robot Man

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

Sublime - Santeria

Disturbed - I'm Alive (most anything by Disturbed would be tough)

The Doors - House of the Rising Sun (for classical purposes)

System of a Down - Shimmy

Anything by Santana (for impossibility purposes)

El Chuxter
02-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Actually, Slicker, the multiple guitars right before the part most people consider to be the "great solo" in "One" is better than the solo itself. :p

Is this one going to be based on the mind of Joan Osborne???

Rocketboy
02-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Damn you Slicker, I thought you actually had news on GH3 (or GH 80's edition).

The 2 songs I can think of right now that I'd like to see/hear/play:

Velvet Revolver - Sucker Train Blues (even though it wasn't a single)
Everclear - Santa Monica

El Chuxter
02-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Okay, I'm not familiar with GH 1&2, and, well, it sounds seriously silly, but if this is "songs with kickin' guitar," I'd like to nominate these, and apologize in advance if they're on one of the first two:

Buddy Guy: pretty much anything

Muddy Waters: Rollin' and Tumblin'

BB King: The Thrill Is Gone

Jonny Lang: Lie to Me

Frank Zappa: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (this could be the "final boss" song)

John Mayer: Gravity

Derek and the Dominoes: Layla

Willie Nelson: Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain

Black Crowes: Hard to Handle

Spin Doctors: Two Princes

figrin bran
02-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Please no Santeria or Santa Monica! this isn't Guitar Hero 90's nostalgia version :p

CaptainSolo1138
02-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Please no Santeria or Santa Monica! this isn't Guitar Hero 90's nostalgia version :p
There is an 80s "expansion" coming out sometime this year.

The Doors - House of the Rising SunThat's the Animals. Just and FYI.

I haven't really thought about what I'd like on a GH game. I'll put some thinking time into it and get back at you.

Rocketboy
02-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Please no Santeria or Santa Monica! this isn't Guitar Hero 90's nostalgia version :pHey, GH2 has STP, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and quite a few other great 90's rock songs.

figrin bran
02-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey, GH2 has STP, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and quite a few other great 90's rock songs.

yes, but most songs from those bands are better than santeria and santa monica.

Rogue II
02-13-2007, 01:41 PM
The Doors - House of the Rising Sun (for classical purposes)

The Animals' version is more popular.

Slicker
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
The Animals' version is more popular.Yeah, I read but I just happened to be listening to the Doors and wrote that in.

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
You could do Dylan's or Leadbelly's version.

Rogue II
02-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I looked it up on Wikipedia. I had no idea that many bands covered "House of the Rising Sun."

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
It was originally told from a woman's perspective, which makes her warning to her sister not to go to the House of the Rising Sun (a brothel) all the more appropriate.

Oddly, Dylan sang it from the woman's perspective, too. Most guys who sang it did a gender-bender with the lyrics.

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Alright. Off the top of my head:

"Working Man"- Rush
"Looks That Kill"- Mötley Crüe
"Not to Touch the Earth"- The Doors
"Hot for Teacher"- Van Halen
"Welcome to the Jungle"- Guns n Roses
"Layla"- Eric Clapton
"Mouth for War"- Pantera
"Bullet with Butterfly Wings" or "Zero"- Smashing Pumpkins
"Crazy Train"- Ozzy
"Revolution"- The Beatles
"Yellow Ledbetter" Pearl Jam
"I Love it Loud"- KISS
"Sultans of Swing"- Dire Straits
"Master of Puppets"- Metallica
"Surfing with the Alien" Joe Satriani
"25 or 6 to 4"- Chicago
"Long Time" or "Peace of Mind"- Boston
"Breaking the Law"- Judas Priest
"Run to the Hills"- Iron Maiden

Slicker
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
I forgot November Rain by GnR.

That one is just to make your wrists ache.:yes:

EDIT: I just listened to Sultans of Swing again and holy carp! Just listening to it I can see the damn notes on the screen whizzing by during the last 30 seconds of the song. I seriously think that would be one of the better songs if they every make another one.

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2007, 07:47 PM
I forgot November Rain by GnR.Ah, yes. The "Freebird" of GH3.:D

EDIT: I just listened to Sultans of Swing again and holy carp! Just listening to it I can see the damn notes on the screen whizzing by during the last 30 seconds of the song. I seriously think that would be one of the better songs if they every make another one.Sadly, I pretty much listen to most songs in terms of GH any more. That's where I got the idea for "Mouth for War" as an awesome song. I heard it on my way back to work from lunch today.

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Has KISS' "War Machine" been on either of the two existing games? That's probably the coolest KISS track, guitar-wise, that doesn't feature Ace.

Rocketboy
02-14-2007, 11:09 PM
The only Kiss song on GH is "Strutter"

"One" or "Master of Puppets" by Metallica would be cool to have on there.

mabudonicus
02-15-2007, 10:35 AM
"Ram it Down" By Judas Priest, that thing would HURT ya'll (and if you actually check it out, make sure you listen to the WHOLE solo, it's really nuts)

:beard:Isobaws&

CaptainSolo1138
02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
They should include a STANSE track on GH3.

Rocketboy
02-15-2007, 06:56 PM
They should include a STANSE track on GH3.The rights to the music are held up in legal limbo. Something about a Knight Rider 64 game.

JediTricks
02-16-2007, 11:31 PM
The entire Dethklok catalog, since their Thunderhorse is a bonus track on GH2.

CaptainSolo1138
02-17-2007, 01:31 AM
The entire Dethklok catalog, since their Thunderhorse is a bonus track on GH2.I DOMINATE that song. Its so much fun to play.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Brendon Small does a surprisingly good job with the music on Metalocalypse (it's all him), you'd think him being a cartoon writer/actor would mean the music would be cheap and cheesy, but Dethklok's licks totally own!

CaptainSolo1138
02-17-2007, 10:34 AM
you'd think him being a cartoon writer/actor would mean the music would be cheap and cheesy, but Dethklok's licks totally own!I agree. That's a mean sounding track. I don't watch Metalocoplypse (is that even the right name?) and I didn't catch the reference to it on the GH load screen before you play the track. As far as I knew it was just another unsigned metal band.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Close, it's "Metalocalypse" because "Dethklok" turned out to be a real band's name and they couldn't use that name for the show's title.

Brendon is releasing a full Metalocalypse album this summer, and I couldn't be more excited, he's single-handedly bringing metal back to glory and GH3 could surely benefit! :D

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Close, it's "Metalocalypse" Meh. That's what I meant. My brain wasn't working properly I guess. How would one even pronounce whatever it was I spelled? Was I drunk?!?

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 10:49 PM
"metal-ock-uh-lips" is what it is, like the metal apocalypse (which in fact is what they said in the season 1 finale).

Yours would be "metal-ock-opp-lips" which is just 1 letter off (phonetically) but is very weird. It might also be "metal-ock-uh-plips" :p