PDA

View Full Version : Review of a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it

Slicker
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I made dinner last night and made hamburgers. Seeing as how a hamburger isn't fattening enough I threw some fried eggs on 'em with some cheese. It's very yummy. I've had it before but never remembered to make 'em that way at home.

I highly recommend trying it. Especially if you wanna feel what it's like to have your heart stop momentarily.:thumbsup:

QLD
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I've never made them that way at home, but I have had them out before. Usually those are called something like "heart attack" on a plate.

Slicker
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
The one restaraunt that I know of that serves a burger like that, and we've been talking about elsewhere, is Red Robin.

Rogue II
02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
My arteries are getting clogged just reading that. And I won't even get into what eggs do to my digestive system.

Slicker
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM
My arteries are getting clogged just reading that. And I won't even get into what eggs do to my digestive system.Yeah, I probably should've made an entry into my bad gas thread but I showed restraint...

Kidhuman
02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
The first time I heard about these was about 12-15 years ago in NYC. They called it a Texas Burger. Damn good. Make me one now somebody.

DarthQuack
02-12-2007, 09:25 PM
You ain't had nothing until you have the Quad Stacker.....that thing kicked my *** one day...I felt like dying an hour after downing all of it.

Slicker
02-12-2007, 09:28 PM
You ain't had nothing until you have the Quad Stacker....From BK? Pfffttt...those aren't even that bad. I get 'em quite often (at least twice a month).

El Chuxter
02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
There's a place in downtown Roanoke, VA, called the Texas Tavern. They have a cheeseburger that's called the Cheesy Western, which is meat, cheese, mustard, relish, onions, and an egg. It may be the single greatest cheeseburger ever.

Every time I grill out, I fry some eggs to go on the burgers.

BTW, hamburgers suck and cheeseburgers rock. A hamburger without cheese is an abomination. But it looks like the proper thread title should be "Review of a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it," since you added cheese.

El Chuxter
02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
By the way, KH, if your travels ever take you to Roanoke, eat at the Texas Tavern or I'll have to kick your goody bag.

CaptainSolo1138
02-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm the lone dissenter of the group it would seem. My argument is not very strong since I've yet to ever eat a burger in this fashion, but based solely on principle it sounds nasty. Eggs = Breakfast, Burgers = Dinner. As if slaughtered cow isn't enough, you have to go and slap a chicken abortion on it? :p

QLD
02-12-2007, 11:11 PM
The one restaraunt that I know of that serves a burger like that, and we've been talking about elsewhere, is Red Robin.

God, I almost forgot about that place. I need to find my way back.

Slicker
02-13-2007, 12:25 AM
I Eggs = Breakfast, Burgers = Dinner. Touche. But how many times have you eaten breakfast at dinner time? I'm gonna say: Many!

Give it a whirl.

I'm actually planning on making them again tomorrow since all of this talk has me hankering for one.

mabudonicus
02-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Damn Slick, you are quite the reviewer, this thead kinda made ME hungry and I wouldn't eat anything but the cheese and the bun...

makes ME want to write a review of Lentils now... I'm sure KH would prolly close that sucker as soon as I hit "reply" tho :beard:Isobaws&

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Damn Slick, you are quite the reviewer, this thead kinda made ME hungry and I wouldn't eat anything but the cheese and the bun...

Do you know how cruel they are to dairy cows?

Shame...:whip:

Jargo
02-13-2007, 10:22 AM
what an 'eggcellent' review hahahaha....

yeah I don't even think it was funny the first time someone used that joke all those millions of years ago.

mabudonicus
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
It's okay EJ, we'll let it slide since it's yer B-day...

And Chux- you ever seen a pic of Slicker?? I have a feeling that what he refers to as "cheese" is prolly that petroleum-based "slices" crap- the only cruelty involved with that stuff is what happens in your bowels for the 12 hours following ingesting it :beard: Isobaws&

mtriv73
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
There's a restaurant in Roanoke, VA (where I went to High school) that has a burger called a cheesy western. It has a burger, a fried egg, cheese, and chilli on it. Mmm, those were good!

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
There's a place in downtown Roanoke, VA, called the Texas Tavern. They have a cheeseburger that's called the Cheesy Western, which is meat, cheese, mustard, relish, onions, and an egg. It may be the single greatest cheeseburger ever.

By the way, KH, if your travels ever take you to Roanoke, eat at the Texas Tavern or I'll have to kick your goody bag.

There's a restaurant in Roanoke, VA (where I went to High school) that has a burger called a cheesy western. It has a burger, a fried egg, cheese, and chilli on it. Mmm, those were good!

See, KH, that's two endorsements for the Texas Tavern.

No official site, but here's some info.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-5965025-texas_tavern_roanoke-i

Edit: looks like there is an official site, after all: www.texastavern-inc.com.

Kidhuman
02-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Next time I am in Roanoke I will give it a go, I dont get up there to often because I hate it.

Slicker
02-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I just got done eating 2 more of 'em. I'm friggin' hooked.

sith_killer_99
02-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I first saw cheeseburgers with eggs while I was in Japan. They sell 'em at McDonalds over there!

Yep, just picture the regular cheeseburger with an egg McMuffin style egg on top, in fact that's exactly what it is.:rolleyes:

Of course I had one and was surprised by how good it really was.:D

Slicker
02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I first saw cheeseburgers with eggs while I was in Japan. They sell 'em at McDonalds over there!Hmmm...hot Asian chicks AND fried eggs on cheeseburgers?!?!?! I can't wait to get there!!!

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 12:18 AM
And ninjas. Don't forget ninjas.

But no samurai. Not anymore. They were outlawed about 140 years ago. :(

Tycho
02-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Whoa! I definitely can't eat one of these with my kidney ailment, but it's a good review Slicker.

Now that it's been a while since you've eaten your concoction, did it cause you to have any interesting DREAMS? (do post 'em!)

Slicker
02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, no dreams. I don't really sleep well enough to have any that I remember.

BUT, if I didn't have one the clouds of this "heaven" that people speak of would be made of fried egg cheeseburgers and fluffy mashed potatoes.

Tycho
02-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately, no dreams. I don't really sleep well enough to have any that I remember.

I went to bed at midnight last night and slept until a little after 6 am.

6 hours is better than the 5 I was sleeping before. (Then I wind up napping to make up for the time down from 8 hours that I miss - but today I'm feeling great!)

But while I've been sleeping, I haven't had any dreams I can remember, else I would have posted something about them here.

Dreaming is not always something you can control when it happens.

Rest assured, my own dream threads are not over with - I am just waiting for inspiration!

2-1B
02-16-2007, 10:27 PM
This is almost as gross as those KFC bowls.

QLD
02-16-2007, 10:39 PM
There is a place in Atlanta that serves a burger called Heart Attack on a Plate.

It is a half pound burger with lots of bacon, 3 slices of cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, egg, ketchup, mustard, onion, pickle, and barbeque sauce I believe. I almost soiled myself. And I wonder why I needed gastric bypass surgery...

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
This reminds me of a classic Simpsons bit....

"We took our best burger, topped it with rich creamery butter, two strips of bacon, and a fried egg. We call it our Good Morning Special....

We took our best chocolate bar, topped it with rich creamery butter--"

sith_killer_99
02-18-2007, 10:39 PM
This is almost as gross as those KFC bowls.

Don't knock the KFC bowl man!:D

I saw an episode of Jay Leno one time where a guy made a burger with Krispy Kream donuts for the bun!!!

mabudonicus
02-19-2007, 08:18 AM
C'mon Chux, that's just a load of rich creamery butter (that bit was damn funny) :beard:Isobaws&

DarthQuack
02-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Has anyone had the Texas Burger from BK....at least that's what I think it's called.....it looks like a heart-attack on a bun.

Slicker
02-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Don't knock the KFC bowl man!:D

Thank you SK! I didn't see that or else I would've jumped on it before you!

2-1B
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Slickipedia, I thought you subscribed to all of my posts. :cry:

Slicker
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I just got on for the first time all weekend, Caes. It only showed the most recent post. I dearly apologize and it'll never happen again, Sweetums.

Slicker
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I had to more of the scrumptious delights tonight. They were, as always, amazing and I've found out that they're most likely the cause for my overpowering gassiness.

seanmcfripp
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I seem to remember my mother actually putting egg in with the ground beef, then mixing it up prior to making the patties. She claimed the egg held the burgers together better while they cooked. As I grew up, I came to find that this is something that poor people do, adding filler to the ground beef to stretch out the meal. Some use eggs, while others use bread crumbs. My family wasn't poor, so adding the eggs to the beef wasn't really necessary, but my mother grew up in a white-trashish, lower income situation, and she just had it in her head that putting eggs in burgers was a normal way of doing things. When Eddie Murphy did the green pepper welfare burger bit in Raw, I think we finally confronted her about her burger making practices.

2-1B
03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
did you tell her that "this aggression will not stand" ?

seanmcfripp
03-09-2007, 10:07 AM
did you tell her that "this aggression will not stand" ?

Meh, it was all about unchecked aggression at my house. I am the Walrus.

El Chuxter
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
What an egg-cellent idea, Slicker!

In fact, why not forego the egg-straneous ingredients, like the bun, meat, cheese, and condiments?

mtriv73
03-14-2007, 10:08 PM
This thread has got me really wanting a cheesy western. If I have to drive 3.5 hours to Roanoke to satiate my hunger then I'm not going to be happy. :sad:

It would allow me to hand off the figures I have for KH without mailing them though.

Kidhuman
03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
GO for it, saves me shipping money, actually, mail them shipping is less than the gas to Roanoke, but then we can get a burger while we are there.