PDA

View Full Version : First look at the new Clone Wars 'toon

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2009, 01:22 PM
I wonder if he's the Neimoidian Pilot from Storm Over Ryloth?
Yeah, it does kind of sound like him.

I like how, in the preview, Anakin pronounces Twi'leks the same way I do; I've heard it "Twee'leks" and I've always thought that was stupid. :p

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Is anyone else growing as annoyed with Padme's voice as I am? That lisp she seems to have makes her more intolerable than any Gungan.I wouldn't say she's more annoying than a Gungan, but her voice doesn't sound right to me either. Then again, I didn't like Nat's voice much, so I'm not attached to it, but this cartoon one is a little more from the nose which gives a whiny sense to it.

Same here.

I realized today that these episodes took place at least nine months after AOTC, since Jaybo Hood said it took him nine months to reprogram the battle droids, which I assume didn't show up until after the start of the war. However, since apparently the episodes aren't really in any kind of chronological order overall, I'm not too bugged about the continuity stuff.It's possible that Iego was overrun by the Separatists before the start of the war. It's a poorly-known planet that doesn't appear on starcharts, according to wookieepedia. Keep in mind, the Separatists were already separate before AOTC, they just didn't confederate until during the film. But your point is received, this episode probably had to take place at least 1/4 of the way between AOTC and ROTS. I would chalk it up to sloppy writing.

I like how, in the preview, Anakin pronounces Twi'leks the same way I do; I've heard it "Twee'leks" and I've always thought that was stupid. :pPhonetically, it'd be "twee-lecks", not "twai". There's no modifier on the "i" which would lengthen it.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Phonetically, it'd be "twee-lecks", not "twai". There's no modifier on the "i" which would lengthen it.I always thought it should be a short i, as in "it", and stress on the second syllable. Twi'LEK.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
It's possible that Iego was overrun by the Separatists before the start of the war. It's a poorly-known planet that doesn't appear on starcharts, according to wookieepedia. Keep in mind, the Separatists were already separate before AOTC, they just didn't confederate until during the film. But your point is received, this episode probably had to take place at least 1/4 of the way between AOTC and ROTS. I would chalk it up to sloppy writing.
I know there was a Separatist movement before AOTC - actually right after TPM, it seems. But I assumed they didn't use the droids until Obi-Wan found them on Geonosis, since it seemed like a surprise to him. Then again, the Trade Federation had the army in TPM, and apparently still kept a fair chunk of it up through the Clone Wars, and the Techno Union and the Commerce Guild had their armies as well. I wonder how Dave Filoni or Leland Chee will deal with this.

Phonetically, it'd be "twee-lecks", not "twai". There's no modifier on the "i" which would lengthen it.
Right, because not only does the English language always follow extremely stringent rules, but made-up Star Wars follow these rules especially strictly. :D

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 11:46 PM
I always thought it should be a short i, as in "it", and stress on the second syllable. Twi'LEK.I don't think so. I'm no egnlish majer ;) but I believe that would suppose that the whole thing were run together without the apostrophe.

I know there was a Separatist movement before AOTC - actually right after TPM, it seems. But I assumed they didn't use the droids until Obi-Wan found them on Geonosis, since it seemed like a surprise to him. Then again, the Trade Federation had the army in TPM, and apparently still kept a fair chunk of it up through the Clone Wars, and the Techno Union and the Commerce Guild had their armies as well. I wonder how Dave Filoni or Leland Chee will deal with this.They used Battle Droids in TPM, that's a good enough argument.

Right, because not only does the English language always follow extremely stringent rules, but made-up Star Wars follow these rules especially strictly. :DSHUT UP! :p

As much so as not tho'. They say "coruscant" right (it helps that it's a real word, I suppose), and Utapau is pretty phonetic, even "Kashyyyk" for all its silly Ys is fairly phonetic when said, there's an extra break so it's "kash-ee-yick".

Mad Slanted Powers
02-25-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't think so. I'm no egnlish majer ;) but I believe that would suppose that the whole thing were run together without the apostrophe.Actually, if it was run together, I might be inclined to pronounce it TWILLek, but perhaps the one L would make me want to say TWY-lek, just like twilight.

I guess in Spanish, the i always makes an EE sound, so TWEE-lek works for me.

Tycho
02-26-2009, 08:07 AM
I always said Twi'lek like twilight, as in "Aayla Secura is a very hot blue Twi'lek chick."

Incidentally, her master Quinlan Vos was introduced first in the comic called Twilight (part of the most-excellent Star Wars on-going series). That comic series gave the prequels their best Expanded Universe characters: Quinlan, Aayla (before her movie appearances), Villie, Tholme, Treesara, A'Sharad, The Dark Woman, Aurra Sing (after her movie appearance), Tol Skorr, and more.

That's always cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2009, 11:41 PM
I really liked this one; it's cool how they seem to be devoting each episode in this arc to a different aspect of the battle. I liked seeing Mace, Wat Tambor, Admiral Yularen, and the Y-wings again. It was also good to see Ahsoka get some responsibility and learn a little bit in there (for once). Also, you could definitely tell that this was supposed to air earlier in the season, since the animation has really gotten better since then.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
This was a pretty good one. Much more serious in tone. Normally when Ahsoka's been featured, it's been weak, but she did well. These next two look like they can be really good, too (love those Y-Wings also).

Battle Droid
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I loved the Neimoidian Captain Mar Tuuk, nice to see he escaped as well.:pleased:

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Anakin wasn't entirely unbearable this time around, which was a surprise, and Ahsoka was less stupid than usual. I wasn't entirely impressed with the episode, but it was a good snippet for these 2. If I were a clone trooper, I'd be super miffed at the Jedi for putting an 11 year old in charge of my whole squad though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
If I were Ahsoka, I'd be miffed at people still thinking I was 11. ;) :D

A note on the chronology: in the webcomic, one of the characters mentioned how it had been a profitable month, mentioning Christophsis. So, it seems that they wanted the entire season to take place within a month, which I can buy (though there are also episodes like The Hidden Enemy, which is obviously not in chronological order). This means the show can go on for a really long damn time, which is great. :D

Rocketboy
03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Good episode that looked great. Ahsoka wasn't as bad as normal, but she really needs to put in her place when it comes to the backtalk. The kid is constantly arguing with Anakin.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Good episode that looked great. Ahsoka wasn't as bad as normal, but she really needs to put in her place when it comes to the backtalk. The kid is constantly arguing with Anakin.
I don't think it's too much worse than Anakin was with Obi-Wan in AOTC or even than Obi-Wan was with Qui-Gon in TPM. But yeah, she does kind of need to quit it out.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't think it's too much worse than Anakin was with Obi-Wan in AOTC or even than Obi-Wan was with Qui-Gon in TPM.I was thinking the same thing. I haven't had a problem with her. This time, she actually saw some negative consequences from her actions, and how it affected her confidence. Anakin gave her a chance to get that confidence back and redeem herself.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2009, 12:04 AM
The recent WonderCon reports (http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/category/wondercon/) have a few interesting tidbits about the next few episodes. There is indeed going to be a final episode after the Ryloth trilogy, featuring Cad Bane and Aurra Sing. Sounds sweet!

JetsAndHeels
03-03-2009, 09:59 AM
While I was in Target last night, I saw a promo in the electronics section for Clone Wars on dvd. Apparently volume 1 will be on dvd March 24th.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
While I was in Target last night, I saw a promo in the electronics section for Clone Wars on dvd. Apparently volume 1 will be on dvd March 24th.
As has been stated before, that's just the first four episodes, and the full season will be out later in the year.

Tycho
03-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I haven't really been watching. I need a break from Clone Wars myself.

But when the full season comes out on DVD I'll buy and kick back and enjoy for sure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Tonight's episode was really amazing for many different reasons. I loved the battle and the plenty of "holy crap" moments, but I also thought the stuff with Numa was great. It reminded me of an episode of Young Indiana Jones where they find a young boy who was displaced by the war and it was pretty emotional, I thought, especially visiting her home. I loved seeing more of Obi-Wan and Cody and seeing the 212th armor from ROTS on Waxer and Boil. Even the battle droid was funny in this one (the one in the jail). This was definitely a highlight of the first season.

The commercial for the Cad Bane episode has me really excited for that one. He looks like a badass character.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-07-2009, 08:46 AM
I liked it as well. One of those overall good episodes, with no one thing that stands out to me. That's good storytelling. I'm not sure which is more annoying, though: "roger, roger" or "does not compute, does not compute." :rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I was just about to post: what is the most annoying widely used phrase in this clone wars series?

I would have to vote for "roger, roger." Talk about overkill..........

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I just read in the Comcast description for Hostage Crisis that the plot involves Ziro the Hutt. I honestly didn't think they would ever bring him back. :p

sonofsokol
03-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I also thought the stuff with Numa was great.

It would be fun to have a Numa figure... I would totally buy a 3-pack with Boil, Waxer and Numa, that is cool clone armor. I just love all the possibilities this series brings. My 3-year-old asked if Luma was a baby Aayla Secura... he has a heck of a time saying Twi'lek... makes me laugh.

As far as the "roger, roger," goes. My son calls battle droids "roger roger guys." And anytime I ask him to help me he says "roger roger."

for example,
Me: "Hey Brady could you grab the remote control off the coffee table for me?"
Him: "Roger roger"

I love that kid

Mad Slanted Powers
03-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Yes, she was an adorable little kid. They should have had her point at the beasts and say, "kitty" like the girl in Monsters, Inc.

pbarnard
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Except in Ryl, otherwise it would just be silly.

bigbarada
03-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Tonight's episode was really amazing for many different reasons. I loved the battle and the plenty of "holy crap" moments, but I also thought the stuff with Numa was great. It reminded me of an episode of Young Indiana Jones where they find a young boy who was displaced by the war and it was pretty emotional, I thought, especially visiting her home. I loved seeing more of Obi-Wan and Cody and seeing the 212th armor from ROTS on Waxer and Boil. Even the battle droid was funny in this one (the one in the jail). This was definitely a highlight of the first season.

I agree, best episode so far. It actually had some emotional resonance without being too syrupy.

Back in 1996-97, I spent about 8 months in Bosnia and Croatia, so I've had firsthand experience dealing with children who have been displaced by war and have literally lost everything. So this episode brought back some of those memories and I kind of teared up a little bit during a couple of scenes. Definitely not something I ever expected from this cartoon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2009, 12:48 AM
I also really loved tonight's show. The ARF Troopers, fast AT-RTs, and Hyena Droid Bombers were all awesome, not to mention Mace. Even though I had seen the bridge scene before, I got chills seeing it here. I thought they'd make Orn Free Taa's voice deeper to gel with ROTS ("Watch it"), but he sometimes got gravelly, so it was close enough.

Next week's episode is going to be amazing. It looks to have an absolute ton of characters, and I'm especially interested in seeing Bail and Aurra Sing. I assume Cad Bane will be a recurring character, so it should be sweet.

JediTricks
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
I was glad to finally see LEGO's Hyena Bomber wasn't something they made up. :p (I never noticed when it first came out, but it's also got space Battle Droids!)

This episode was good, but it showed the limitations of the format. They should have set up Mace's meeting with the resistance at least 1 episode back. These stories shouldn't be so compressed when they can be told on a greater canvas. We've got 3 episodes here, kids at this stage in the season are already locked in, so break those stories up a little, give them more more cliffhangers and spread stuff like this out. There's also not much room for Mace to have a personality.

Maerj2000
03-14-2009, 07:10 PM
^^Agreed.

My only complaint was the episode wasn't long enough. Even a special 45 minute episode would have been better.

At the very end there were what looked to be super fast battle droids that were attacking. Were these the space battle droids you mentioned? I couldn't make out exactly what they were. That and we were dealing with our one year old at the time, that can make it hard to focus!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-14-2009, 10:46 PM
So, is Cad supposed to be Josey Wales? [sp?] Or one of the Three Amigos? Still, it looks cool, and maybe a good end to the season.

Was the sound supposed to go down in volume when the bridge was deactivated? Or is my set falling apart? This was a simple storyline, but well done; I didn't think it was too short or weakly set up. It moves smoothly and kept my interest.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
^^Agreed.

My only complaint was the episode wasn't long enough. Even a special 45 minute episode would have been better.

At the very end there were what looked to be super fast battle droids that were attacking. Were these the space battle droids you mentioned? I couldn't make out exactly what they were. That and we were dealing with our one year old at the time, that can make it hard to focus!
Those were the Commando Droids, previously seen in Rookies. They kind of seemed to come out of nowhere this time but I love them so it's all good.

jonthejedi
03-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Solid episode, great action...shame they couldn't get Samuel L's voice for this Mace-heavy story. Oh well.

JEDIpartner
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Did anyone else notice the battle droids carrying the Ark of the Covenant aboard Wat Tambor's ship?

sonofsokol
03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I was discussing the Clone Wars cartoons with my family over the weekend. My brothers and I were big star wars fans and we only had the movies to watch and rewatch and rewatch and rewatch. It has been so great having new episodes on a (almost) weekly basis; I'm going to miss this after the season finale...

With the muli-part episodes that they have had this season it makes me wonder why they chose the story they did for the full-length movie and not one of the other story lines. Don't get me wrong these last 3 episodes have been great, but imagine if they could go into more depth with a feature-length movie for this story line.

darthbooger
03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Did anyone else notice the battle droids carrying the Ark of the Covenant aboard Wat Tambor's ship?
No, but I want to. When do the episodes go to dvd?:D

JEDIpartner
03-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I was discussing the Clone Wars cartoons with my family over the weekend. My brothers and I were big star wars fans and we only had the movies to watch and rewatch and rewatch and rewatch. It has been so great having new episodes on a (almost) weekly basis; I'm going to miss this after the season finale...

With the muli-part episodes that they have had this season it makes me wonder why they chose the story they did for the full-length movie and not one of the other story lines. Don't get me wrong these last 3 episodes have been great, but imagine if they could go into more depth with a feature-length movie for this story line.

I know. It's not high art or anything, but these are nice little weekly escapes into a different world. I suppose I could tune into the ones Turner is airing on Thursday nights. *shrug*

No, but I want to when do the episodes go to dvd?:D

I wonder how long we will have to wait!!!! :sad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
They chose the story they did for the movie because it was some of the first animation and work done for the series and it introduced everything. Though I didn't hate the movie, the show now is miles above it, and I think that the movie unfortunately turned a lot of people off to the show instead of inviting them in, due to the childish battle droid and Ahsoka humor and less-than-stellar animation (all of which are gone now).

As for getting more in-depth stuff, I think people just have to get used to the idea that these are half-hour TV episodes, not two-hour movies, so by its very nature it's going to be different from the movies. Still, I think this series feels more like Star Wars than pretty much any other EU (certainly a thousand times more like SW than the Genndy cartoon) and I'm glad to have it. I think part of the "feeling like SW" thing is that now we're getting to see so many more characters in any given episode, so it feels more epic than it did when there were fewer animation models.

DarkArtist
03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
i have to say i just watched all 3 of the Ryloth episodes and the preview for Cade Bane and all i can say is WOW. I loved the series and can't wait to see how Bane will play out next season.....i just wish we knew when the season was going to be returning.

at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the Clone Wars series (not a huge CG fan) but I have to say the more and more I watch it the more and more I fall in love with it.

I truly hope Lucas considers perhaps re-envisioning the classic trilogy and prequel trilogy and perhaps give us the movies redone in the CG format and even perhaps give us some of the EU in an animated format...would love to see perhaps a CG movie of Shadows of the Empire.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I truly hope Lucas considers perhaps re-envisioning the classic trilogy and prequel trilogy and perhaps give us the movies redone in the CG format and even perhaps give us some of the EU in an animated format...would love to see perhaps a CG movie of Shadows of the Empire.
You shut your dirty mouth! :eek: ;)

I love this series and I love the animation, but I certainly don't want them to remake the movies in this style. If they were to do another OT-focused series with the same style I'd be all for it.

But yeah, I'm really quite excited to see Cad Bane tomorrow!

Blue2th
03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I just watched Liberty on Ryloth. I liked this whole series. Lots of cool military tactics in all three. The ground cannons hitting the engines on the Cruiser in the second episode was a cool part.
I like the Separatist Probe Droids, and the Hyena bombers is it?
Good to see some AT-RT's and MTT,s again.

Anybody see the droids loading the Ark of the Covenant into Wat Tambor's Nemoidian shuttle?

bigbarada
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
i have to say i just watched all 3 of the Ryloth episodes and the preview for Cade Bane and all i can say is WOW. I loved the series and can't wait to see how Bane will play out next season.....i just wish we knew when the season was going to be returning.

at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the Clone Wars series (not a huge CG fan) but I have to say the more and more I watch it the more and more I fall in love with it.

That's an interesting idea, but Lucas has proven that he's just not the same director that gave us Star Wars (ANH to you younglings) and Empire Strikes Back. Maybe if he took a hands-off approach like he has with CW, then it'd be interesting to see another writer's take on the original series, but I believe that all-new stories are the best way to keep Star Wars alive for the long term.

Now I would be all for an animated series that covered the adventures of Luke, Han and Leia in between ANH and ESB done in the style of Clone Wars, that would be awesome, but no need to retread old territory.

DarkArtist
03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
You shut your dirty mouth! :eek: ;)

I love this series and I love the animation, but I certainly don't want them to remake the movies in this style. If they were to do another OT-focused series with the same style I'd be all for it.

But yeah, I'm really quite excited to see Cad Bane tomorrow!

While I'll would love to see the CG versions of ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC and ROTS i would not want to see Lucas re-release them in the theaters...maybe just a straight to DVD series for the fans or even perhaps a special airing on the cartoon network.

That's an interesting idea, but Lucas has proven that he's just not the same director that gave us Star Wars (ANH to you younglings) and Empire Strikes Back. Maybe if he took a hands-off approach like he has with CW, then it'd be interesting to see another writer's take on the original series, but I believe that all-new stories are the best way to keep Star Wars alive for the long term.

Now I would be all for an animated series that covered the adventures of Luke, Han and Leia in between ANH and ESB done in the style of Clone Wars, that would be awesome, but no need to retread old territory.

i would love to see animation of the events that happen in between the movies and even after Jedi....this might be the only way we will ever see Yuzzan Vong or the Legacy series (besides printed comics)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
That's an interesting idea, but Lucas has proven that he's just not the same director that gave us Star Wars (ANH to you younglings) and Empire Strikes Back.
Maybe because Lucas wasn't the director of ESB.

clone157
03-20-2009, 03:39 PM

That theres funny, I don't care who you are.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I know I post perhaps a lot in this thread, but . . . I just read that Jaime King (aka Ms. Kyle Newman) is playing Aurra Sing tonight! Awesome!!

bigbarada
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Correct. :o I should have been less specific. I originally just mentioned ANH, but then added ESB to the sentence after the fact. I should have remembered to change "director" to "filmmaker."

Bel-Cam Jos
03-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Anybody see the droids loading the Ark of the Covenant into Wat Tambor's Nemoidian shuttle?Somebody here did. And now, I have to look twice if I catch it in reruns, because the third time's an ancient historical treasure lost to the ages, as the ol' cliche' goes. :p

Maerj2000
03-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I really liked Cad Bane, excellent episode! Bounty hunters, violence, Anakin trying to get freaky with Padme, truly an interesting finale and I can't wait for more.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Damn, Cad Bane is cool. The first half or so of this episode was really damn intense and I loved it - killing senators, snapping people's necks, and so on, without any remorse whatsoever. Robonino reminded me of some of those goofy old Marvel characters. I loved seeing Aurra Sing here (even if she only had one line). Same with Bail Organa, though I'm not sold on Phil LaMarr's voice here. I also liked seeing Anakin and Padmé together.

I noticed in the preview for season two that Ahsoka seemed to be wearing more clothes. It didn't look like a Jedi robe but almost like a long-sleeve shirt of the same fabric of her tube top. I wonder if they responded to the criticism that she's too uncovered?

Rocketboy
03-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Cad Bane was lame. Almost as lame as Ventress. They built him up to be this epic bad guy and he pretty much just stood around and mumbled threats. Ziro was more interesting.

Anyone else notice they seem to have forgotten Grievous about half way through the season? I think Lair of Grievous (episode #10) was the last time we saw him.

The animation was spectacular though. I'm glad they seem to have finally nailed it for the most part (Ziro just slid along the ground, instead of the way Jabba shifted his entire bulk to move in the Episode IV Special Edition).

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2009, 09:03 AM
This was no kiddie cartoon; wonder if that's the tone they'll take in season 2 (and did I hear that it'll be on TNT? Is that in addition to showing on Cartoon Network, or instead of it?). Anakin went a little rouge in beating the IG-Whatever # droid's head in, don't you think? Bane wasn't a super-villain to me, but he was successful and coldly effective. I also liked the sound effect of his blaster.

Speculation time: how did Bane get a direct holo link to the Chancellor's office? Could he be a plant via Sidious?

Maerj2000
03-21-2009, 09:13 AM
I loved seeing Aurra Sing here (even if she only had one line).

Seeing more of her was great...

"Help me...." Then she shoots him in the face! LOL!

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Bane wasn't a super-villain to me, but he was successful and coldly effective.

I thought him shooting the senator in the back was pretty cold, which is good for a bounty hunter I suppose.

Great episode though. Can't wait for season 2!!

dr_evazan22
03-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I liked the little guy that disabled all the security equipment. I thought he looked like a cross between Howard the Duck and Roger from American Dad. Then when Ani found him, he sounded like Golem from LOTR; "Oopsie," waiting for the door to close, "Hurry, hurry".

Bane looked pretty cool - very Clint Eastwood-ish with the hat, with mostly his mouth showing while speaking.

I wish they could have cast a single voice talent for the entire season. I mean, would have been that difficult for Ahmed Best or Jimmy Smits to record ALL of their dialogue at the same time? Or even to go into any recording studio wherever they may be working?

I thought Orn Free Ta was a Twi' - sry - twee-lek? Why does he have 4 lekku? 2 front 2 back. I thought he sounded kinda like Jar Jar in this ep.

Does it matter who the Senators were who got captured? I don't know, but I wouldn't mind knowing who they all are... Padme and Bail of course; I'm guessing Ask Akk, the Gran; and there's also a Sen there dressed like Gideon Danu, but this one appears to have more Caucasian skin tone. 3PO is present as well.

jonthejedi
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
For real Cad Bane inspiration...watch Lee Van Cleef in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly...although some may argue he was more like Eastwood.

Rocketboy
03-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Does it matter who the Senators were who got captured? I don't know, but I wouldn't mind knowing who they all are... Padme and Bail of course; I'm guessing Ask Akk, the Gran; and there's also a Sen there dressed like Gideon Danu, but this one appears to have more Caucasian skin tone. 3PO is present as well.Starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode022.html):

Among the Senators held hostage are Riyo Chuchi of Pantora; Onaconda Farr of Rodia; Jakker-Sun the Ithorian; Dantum Roohd, a character based on a costume design used by Giddean Danu in Episode III; Zinn Paulness , a character based on a design of an Alderaanian aide in Episode III; and an unnamed Christophsian Senator.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, that's nice, RB, but does that really tell us who they are? I mean, we have their names, but what about their hopes, their dreams, their motivations? That's really what matters. :pleased:

And Pantera is a planet?!? \m/ Rock on!!! \m/ :twisted:

dr_evazan22
03-22-2009, 09:27 AM
That's great RB, thanks. I didn't know that was on the official site (hardly go there anymore).

After reading over everything in that link, it reminded me that I also liked when Ziro was released and talked about "the horror" of prison. It reminded of Apocalypse Now.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Cad Bane was lame. Almost as lame as Ventress. They built him up to be this epic bad guy and he pretty much just stood around and mumbled threats. Ziro was more interesting.

Anyone else notice they seem to have forgotten Grievous about half way through the season? I think Lair of Grievous (episode #10) was the last time we saw him.Agreed on both parts. Cad Bane would have been really interesting if the mission turned out to be him making sure Ziro can't talk by breaking him out just to kill him, rather than a simple rescue.

Cad Bane ended up rather simplistic and straightforward. Yes, he killed a bunch, but he wasn't the cold manipulator his character was based on, and he didn't seem cooly logical the way Lee van Cleef's "Angel Eyes" was, that character wouldn't have stupidly tried to kill high-ranking people thus guaranteeing more revenge against him. And the plan was kinda silly, like there are no other security nearby in the SENATE building, all this for a jailbreak. I was kinda hoping Poppa Palpatine was gonna pull a Clark Kent and turn into Darth Sidious, complete with pure arse-kicking anger. THAT would have made Bane cool, to stand down Sidious.

Also, I couldn't understand a lot of what Bane was saying, his slight accent mixed badly with the vocal effects they put for him.

Anakin was a rather unimpressive Jedi in this outing, he barely used his training or any cleverness, just a quick hide & seek. And the whole thing of Padme with Anakin's saber was rather lazy stuff.

Ji'dai
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
This site (http://windyharbor.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/ark-of-the-covenant-ftw/) has screen shots of the Ark of the Covenant from the Ryloth episode. I waited until I had all three episodes recorded before I watched them so I'm a little behind.

I still like Cad Bane though he was a bit overhyped. There was a lot about that Senate raid that stretched believability, though I still enjoyed it. Seeing Aurra Sing again was cool. I was wondering if Palpatine would intervene too but I figure he'll wait and see how he can best use this new pawn.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-23-2009, 11:32 PM
This is more evidence for the ancient astronaut theory! It also is evidence that Star Wars really did happen a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

El Chuxter
03-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Watched the newest episode tonight. Wow. I was unimpressed before, but I think we've crossed into Plan Nine badness. I'm not speaking in hyperbole. It was that bleh. It's to the point where it's so bad, it's actually sort of fun to watch it.

Did anyone catch the final scene, where Cad Bane said, "I need to go rent Unforgiven to have some more material," and then Ziro said, "Hey, while you're there, can you pick up Capote for me?" And then the other guy said something about his precious and Aurra said, "Why the hell am I hanging out with these losers?"

Worst bit of all: why did a bunch of bounty hunters working for the Confederacy leave the most powerful Jedi alive in some insanely stupid Rube Goldberg trap? Why the hell didn't Aurra Sing, who lives only to kill Jedi, gut him when that little Gollum guy knocked him out?

And the Anakin fight scenes... man, if you were annoyed that the prequels made Darth Vader a wuss, it adds insult to injury to show that he was also severely retarded.

I will say the animation is a million times better than the earlier episodes I saw. The weird mishmash of styles still totally doesn't work in my opinion, but at least it looks like the animators finally finished Computer Animation for Dummies.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, this was just his introduction. I'm glad to have another villain in the series. Hopefully they'll flesh him out more.

Anyone else notice they seem to have forgotten Grievous about half way through the season? I think Lair of Grievous (episode #10) was the last time we saw him.
Part of the reason they included the Tactical Droids and those miscellaneous Separatist commanders (Lok Durd, Mar Tuuk, Wat Tambor, etc.) is so that the Republic could get some victories without completely pantsing Grievous every time, but they did seem to forget about him. He was indeed getting whooped a lot early on, so I want to see him get some victories soon.

I wish they could have cast a single voice talent for the entire season. I mean, would have been that difficult for Ahmed Best or Jimmy Smits to record ALL of their dialogue at the same time? Or even to go into any recording studio wherever they may be working?
I don't know what's up with Ahmed, but I bet that they didn't have the later scripts written when he was recording for Bombad Jedi. Jimmy Smits did stuff for The Force Unleashed but has never been on the show so far (nor has Bail Organa at all) but I'm fairly certain they don't do Lucasarts stuff the same place they do Lucasfilm Animation, and they were likely done at different times, too.

I thought Orn Free Ta was a Twi' - sry - twee-lek? Why does he have 4 lekku? 2 front 2 back. I thought he sounded kinda like Jar Jar in this ep.
He is indeed a Twi'lek. I don't know why he has four lekku (or only four fingers on each hand) but it's been at least noted in the EU stuff, I think. He's just a different kind of Twi'lek.

I was kinda hoping Poppa Palpatine was gonna pull a Clark Kent and turn into Darth Sidious, complete with pure arse-kicking anger. THAT would have made Bane cool, to stand down Sidious.
I doubt we'll see much (or any) Sidious action in the series, as he's still in hiding until ROTS. I mean, we have seen him with the cloak on, talking through holograms as he did in TPM and AOTC, but that'll probably be it. And as I said, there's more Bane to come; they're not going to pull out all the stops right away.

Did anyone catch the final scene, where Cad Bane said, "I need to go rent Unforgiven to have some more material," and then Ziro said, "Hey, while you're there, can you pick up Capote for me?" And then the other guy said something about his precious and Aurra said, "Why the hell am I hanging out with these losers?"
That must have been right after they mentioned how Star Wars has been influenced by (or ripped off) the Bible, the Odyssey, Faust, Republic serials, Hidden Fortress, Battleship Potemkin, Ben-Hur, countless historical events, and a ton of other stuff, often more directly than most people are aware, and how taking bits and pieces from other things should absolutely never come as a surprise to any Star Wars fan. :p

And the Anakin fight scenes... man, if you were annoyed that the prequels made Darth Vader a wuss, it adds insult to injury to show that he was also severely retarded.
To be fair, if you were annoyed that the prequels made Darth Vader as a wuss, then clearly you misunderstood the character from the end of ESB all through ROTJ. :D

I will say the animation is a million times better than the earlier episodes I saw. The weird mishmash of styles still totally doesn't work in my opinion, but at least it looks like the animators finally finished Computer Animation for Dummies.
I know it's been said that the ships and so on are supposed to be realistic, but if you compare the look of the show to the look of the movies, there's a clear and obvious difference. Nothing in the series is completely photorealistic; there's a kind of tone to everything that at least makes it instantly recognizable. Though I know you'll disagree, even Genndy used semi-realistic ships instead of really adapting them to his own style. And I don't know why anyone is surprised that the animation got better - that's only happened on, oh, every cartoon in the history of ever. ;)

dr_evazan22
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't know what's up with Ahmed, but I bet that they didn't have the later scripts written when he was recording for Bombad Jedi. Jimmy Smits did stuff for The Force Unleashed but has never been on the show so far (nor has Bail Organa at all) but I'm fairly certain they don't do Lucasarts stuff the same place they do Lucasfilm Animation, and they were likely done at different times, too.

Yeah, I just recently got TFU and got confused, mixing CW and TFU.
But, my other point is that any voice talent should be able to go into virtually any recording studio, so not being near Skywalker Ranch shouldn't be a concern.

As for Orn Free Ta, maybe its just because he's so corpulent:cross-eye. Whatever.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Jimmy Smits did stuff for The Force Unleashed but has never been on the show so far (nor has Bail Organa at all) I thought Bail was in the last episode. That's who Padmé was with when they were captured.

Rocketboy
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
But, my other point is that any voice talent should be able to go into virtually any recording studio, so not being near Skywalker Ranch shouldn't be a concern.Anthony Daniels records his lines from across the pond, so it's not something they can't do.
They're being too quiet about the Ahmed Best disappearance, which leads me to believe he wanted too much money (or a contract dispute or something) to continue recording. They've also been really quiet as to who BJ Hughes (more than likely a pseudonym) really is.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I thought Bail was in the last episode. That's who Padmé was with when they were captured.
Right, I know he was in Hostage Crisis, but what I meant to say was that he hadn't been in the show before then.

El Chuxter
03-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Vader was never a wuss. He was tragic. He was a killing machine who we find out has a soul and is torn by his compassion for his son. Darth Vader wasn't breaking down into tears every episode, and it wasn't simply because his ducts were burned. I'm not against the characterization of Anakin exactly (though I know a lot of people are); but it's not always consistent with what he becomes in the OT. If something like the Dark Lord novel were E3, where we see more of him actually giving up on humanity and becoming the nasty killing machine, it would've been. Even with everything else I've ever said or will say about them, my biggest complaint with the prequels is that the transition from Anakin the hero to Vader the villain is far too rushed to be believable in the film version of the story. (Matthew Stover did an excellent job in the novel, though, in fairness, a guy writing a novel has a slightly easier time being in someone's head.)

Star Wars is pretty much a mash of homages, but all these full-on character ripoffs were a bit much for me. One, I could live with. Two, maybe. But four in a single episode (and Ahsoka Cyrus wasn't even in this one)? Character homages have been more subtle in past SW: C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't exactly bickering Japanese "clowns." That little fish dude was totally Gollum up one side and down the other; slap an eyepatch on the Weequay and he could've been a sailor on the Black Pearl. And, besides, there already is a much more subtle Man With No Name homage in Boba Fett. Keep the attitude, the mystery (well, up until 2002), and the rasp, and there's no need for chaps and a sombrero. That was really pushing it. I think they just went a bit too far with the nods, especially with there being three new ones (and Truman the Hutt, who I totally see the complaining about now that I know who he is).

BTW, most cartoons that don't last some insanely long amount of time (five years or more) usually get worse over time as folks try to cut the budget (GIJoe being a prime example of this--try to sit through one of the DIC episodes; you might want to make sure there are no heavy objects within reach that you can use to try to bash your skull in) or "fancy things up" (Powerpuff Girls and South Park both work much better with the exaggerated simplicity).

However, in the four episodes I've seen in full, the Clone Wars animation has gone from wretchedly bad (first ep) to passable with some nice touches (Bombad Jedi and the one with Goldie vs Artoo) to actually rather well-done here (the season finale). That kind of improvement in a single season is really unusual.

At this point, I can say that, overall, I no longer think the animation is horrible. It's not a style I like, but that's just my personal opinion. I really think the writing could use some major work, but at least it looks like there's some improvement in that category, although at a much slower scale.

In the end, I don't care much if anyone else likes or dislikes it. I'm not exactly complaining here, but it's a much more receptive audience to both positive and negative discussion of the show than in the real world (where I'm the only person I know who's even watched a single episode). :D

bigbarada
03-26-2009, 04:43 AM
In the end, I don't care much if anyone else likes or dislikes it. I'm not exactly complaining here, but it's a much more receptive audience to both positive and negative discussion of the show than in the real world (where I'm the only person I know who's even watched a single episode). :D

I'm the only person I know over the age of 10 who has watched a single episode. :D

Cad Bane was alright, I guess. I think I would have liked him better if he wasn't so over hyped by the TV ads. I guess the same could be said of Boba Fett back in 1979-80 just before ESB came out, but Cad Bane is no Boba Fett.

Oh yeah, and Darth Vader is definitely not a wuss in ROTJ. He sacrificed his life to save the life of his son, those are the actions of a hero not a wimp.

DarkArtist
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
i would have liked to see Cad Bane have a stronger presence in the last episode, he looked so cool in the previews but was sorta held back in the episode...here's hoping that they use him wisely in the second season.

on another note, does anyone know if the Walmart version of the Clone Wars DVD has anything special that wasn't aired...it claims to have 22 minutes of exclusive footage called Downfall of a Droid. is this the episode where Artoo is presumed lost in battle and the episode with Goldie ?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Vader was never a wuss. He was tragic. He was a killing machine who we find out has a soul and is torn by his compassion for his son. Darth Vader wasn't breaking down into tears every episode, and it wasn't simply because his ducts were burned. I'm not against the characterization of Anakin exactly (though I know a lot of people are); but it's not always consistent with what he becomes in the OT. If something like the Dark Lord novel were E3, where we see more of him actually giving up on humanity and becoming the nasty killing machine, it would've been. Even with everything else I've ever said or will say about them, my biggest complaint with the prequels is that the transition from Anakin the hero to Vader the villain is far too rushed to be believable in the film version of the story. (Matthew Stover did an excellent job in the novel, though, in fairness, a guy writing a novel has a slightly easier time being in someone's head.)
I know you don't like the prequels (overall), so I guess we disagree here. I don't think Anakin is being a wuss, I guess (so forgive my earlier post when I quoted you). He's torn between conflicting duties, ideals, and passions. That's how it seems to me, anyway.

Star Wars is pretty much a mash of homages, but all these full-on character ripoffs were a bit much for me. One, I could live with. Two, maybe. But four in a single episode (and Ahsoka Cyrus wasn't even in this one)? Character homages have been more subtle in past SW: C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't exactly bickering Japanese "clowns." That little fish dude was totally Gollum up one side and down the other; slap an eyepatch on the Weequay and he could've been a sailor on the Black Pearl. And, besides, there already is a much more subtle Man With No Name homage in Boba Fett. Keep the attitude, the mystery (well, up until 2002), and the rasp, and there's no need for chaps and a sombrero. That was really pushing it. I think they just went a bit too far with the nods, especially with there being three new ones (and Truman the Hutt, who I totally see the complaining about now that I know who he is).
I know people thought Robonino was Gollum, but I didn't get that. If he had been climbing on walls, scizophrenic, and freaking out about something, then I'd say he was a Gollum rip-off. But he's just a small guy with a goofy voice, based off concept art for TPM.

There were Weequay pirates in earlier episodes that you didn't see, so it was nothing new. But, again, it wasn't a POTC homage. Are you saying that anything vaguely pirate is now a POTC ripoff? I don't see the connection.

Lucas wanted them to reference Lee van Cleef in the characterization of Cad Bane, and then Dave Filoni came across this concept art from the 1970s (http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/hunter.jpg), for what it's worth.

And I'm used to Ziro since I saw him last August. So I guess you could be put off by the Capote and van Cleef stuff as it's new to you, but I don't understand the other two.

BTW, most cartoons that don't last some insanely long amount of time (five years or more) usually get worse over time as folks try to cut the budget (GIJoe being a prime example of this--try to sit through one of the DIC episodes; you might want to make sure there are no heavy objects within reach that you can use to try to bash your skull in) or "fancy things up" (Powerpuff Girls and South Park both work much better with the exaggerated simplicity)
I guess I don't know about short-lived shows. You can see the evolution of style in longer-running shows like Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy, though I suppose it is longer than one season. Maybe CGI and hand-drawn animation are so different that I shouldn't try to compare the two. But I know the animators in Singapore did essentially have to start from scratch so I guess now they've got a better hang of it.

Right. I'm not trying to make you like it. I guess I'm just like Slicker and his annoyance with people who complain about the figures. It does get a little tiring hearing how the show is retarded, crappy, and everything else. So I guess I'm just sticking up for it, so to speak.

Cad Bane was alright, I guess. I think I would have liked him better if he wasn't so over hyped by the TV ads. I guess the same could be said of Boba Fett back in 1979-80 just before ESB came out, but Cad Bane is no Boba Fett.
The over-hyping could also be said of Maul, Jango, and Grievous. At least Cad Bane will be around more than they were (at least the first two).

Blue2th
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
on another note, does anyone know if the Walmart version of the Clone Wars DVD has anything special that wasn't aired...it claims to have 22 minutes of exclusive footage called Downfall of a Droid. is this the episode where Artoo is presumed lost in battle and the episode with Goldie ?

Yes, thats the extra episode you get with it, only at Walmart it says. I bought it last night, fixing to watch it on a 52" projection screen my friend gave me.

What are the other special promo's for this at other retailers? Anything better? (before I open this DVD)

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 03:20 AM
I doubt we'll see much (or any) Sidious action in the series, as he's still in hiding until ROTS. I mean, we have seen him with the cloak on, talking through holograms as he did in TPM and AOTC, but that'll probably be it. And as I said, there's more Bane to come; they're not going to pull out all the stops right away.That's a shame, they are low on villains who truly rival the Jedi on this show. Ventress and Grievous have all but disappeared lately, and mostly they either ran or got beaten anyway. Dooku has been mostly a no-show, and Sidious has enough people out there knowing about him that he may as well go kick some bounty hunter booty in the empty Senate building, give us another red lightsaber to watch kill people if nothing else.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Alright! It's Friday, I've cancelled numerous offers to go places so I can catch another CW cartoon tonight! Woo-hoo! :D

What? Are you serious? Oh no, have I become THAT guy?!? :rolleyes:

Oh well. When the ENTIRE series comes out on DVD (not just the "teaser" 4-epi one out now :upset: ), I'll re-watch 'em.

figrin bran
03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
"Voice of Ziro" is probably the nadir of Corey Burton's career.

Tycho
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
When is the full season going to come out on DVD? I've missed so many episodes because it is on Friday night.

Rocketboy
03-29-2009, 11:47 PM
No street date yet, but Lucasfilm says it'll be before Season 2 starts in the fall.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2009, 03:28 PM
From StarWars.com (http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20090406.html):

The Clone Wars: Decoded on May 1 on Cartoon Network

Coming off of the record-setting first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Cartoon Network announced today it will premiere Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded, a full slate of 22 enhanced episodes from season one of the CG-animated series from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation. Using text windows to provide in-the-moment insights into all aspects of the sweeping galactic conflict -- from trivia to background on characters and storylines -- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded enhances each episode with exclusive content created by the Lucasfilm Animation talent responsible for the show itself.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded is Cartoon Network's first-ever season-long commitment to enhancing the content of existing series episodes. Offering a new twist on the beloved series and serving as an unprecedented primer for faithful fans as well as new viewers, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded premieres Friday, May 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT only on Cartoon Network. This full season of enhanced episodes will continue each Friday at 9 p.m. ET/PT, the regular time slot for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, leading up to the fall 2009 premiere of season two.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has emerged as the preeminent sci-fi series on television, combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with exciting weekly adventures. Ranking #1 on all television -- broadcast and cable -- with the key demo of boys 6-11, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a thrilling, weekly 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old join favorite characters such as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand new heroes like Anakin's Padawan learner, Ahsoka. Sinister villains -- led by Count Dooku and General Grievous -- are poised to take over the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights and their brave clone troops. Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the tradition of thrilling stories and astonishing visuals that have always been the hallmark of the Star Wars Saga.

Check out the Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Decoded preview here (http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000796.html)!
Based on the preview and the pictures they included in the article, I bet it's not going to be anything too earth-shattering, but I want to rewatch all the episodes so this will just be a fun little bonus thing for me. It's a pretty interesting way to get people to watch them again, at least.

pbarnard
04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I liked it better when it was called Pop Up Video with Voice over on VH1.

Blue2th
04-06-2009, 05:46 PM
They could have little tabs that come up like "Hasbro currently makes this action figure" or.. "would you like this character turned into an action figure? vote now online at www..." :D

Bel-Cam Jos
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Or "Check the box if you like me," a la junior high. :voicecrack:

Hmm.

DarkJedi5
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
No street date yet, but Lucasfilm says it'll be before Season 2 starts in the fall.

So if LFL says the fill season is coming why oh why would anyone buy the four episode crap that is about to be released? Or is this the same evil genius at work that conceived of re releasing the OT over and over again with minor tweaks so that we all own at least two copies?

Rocketboy
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
So if LFL says the fill season is coming why oh why would anyone buy the four episode crap that is about to be released? Or is this the same evil genius at work that conceived of re releasing the OT over and over again with minor tweaks so that we all own at least two copies?It's not an unheard of thing to do. Many cartoons have released discs like this in the past. I think it's mainly something for kids and those that want some episodes while waiting for the full season.

Ji'dai
04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
I didn't buy the new CW DVD. I have those episodes recorded on the DVR so I'll just wait until the complete season is released.

DarthQuack
04-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Any marathons coming up, I've totally missed the boat on watching this :(

pbarnard
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
It's not an unheard of thing to do. Many cartoons have released discs like this in the past. I think it's mainly something for kids and those that want some episodes while waiting for the full season.

I didn't buy the new CW DVD. I have those episodes recorded on the DVR so I'll just wait until the complete season is released.

Yes, after all, patience and the Jedi are mutually exclusive traits.

Soon enought, complete season will you have. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Any marathons coming up, I've totally missed the boat on watching this :(
Starting on May 1, they'll be replaying all the episodes in order, one per week. They'll have the pop-up video thing going on, but that seems to be as close as we'll get to a marathon.

Tycho
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Tonight the Padres saluted Star Wars: Clone Wars.

Our second baseman, David Eckstein, is married to the voice actress behind Ahsoka Tano!

She made an appearance at our ball game tonight, her cartoon form, on the scoreboard screen.

Then her husband used the Force and belted one into the gap between 2nd and 3rd. However, the Padres mostly played like padawans tonight, which helps to explain a 10-1 loss to Pittsburgh.

figrin bran
04-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Ashley Eckstein got mentioned in yesterday's LA Times Sports section as well, in an article about David.

Tycho, your Padres are very lucky to have him...I wish the Angels could've kept him a few years back.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I watched the first 5-10 minutes of the D3coded CW last night. I was a bit annoying, as there's really no place to put the thing that won't block something on the screen. I'd think it might be good for children, but I can live without it. I suppose the DVD may have these as Special Features that can be turned off/on.

Rocketboy
05-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I saw it also and thought it pretty bad. I was hoping for some interesting behind-the-scenes info rather than crap like "Ventress carries two lightsabers to intimidate her enemies."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2009, 02:45 PM
On the Forcecast a few weeks ago, they mentioned that this is more for kids or casual fans rather than people like us. There were a few new tidbits (like Katuunko's ship being the Thief's Eye) but I, too, would have been interested in behind the scenes stuff. I'll still watch the other episodes since I haven't seen them since the weeks they originally aired, though.

JediTricks
05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I taped it, but didn't bother watching. Glad to see my instincts were right about this one. Thanks for the warnings.

Tycho
05-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I think I met Ashoka Tano in an elevator today :confused:

I took my older cousin to the Padres game and she cannot handle all the stairs. So we're leaving the ball park and there's a sign that says "special service elevator," or something. We walk on with this pretty blonde girl who showed up there at the same time we did. Security has someone outside and inside who just wave us on through.

We're excited about the Padres' victorious sweep of the Reds so conversation is all enthusiastic in the elevator, while I'm thinking about ways to find out if this girl would be interested. I hadn't tried anything with a girl since the hamburger stand line during the 5th inning and I was about due.

So we're talking about the game immediately and she's really friendly but has a sort of familiar voice. Just some tones. I couldn't place it but didn't really think much about it at the moment.

So we come out of the elevator into a restricted access part of the stadium beneathe the ballbark and we're still talking and walking, but I notice that she, myself, and my cousin are the only people down there. My cousin interrupts and says, "this isn't the way to the parking."

So we ask the girl and she laughs and says we have to go back up the elevator we just came off of unless we want to go to the players' lounge. My cousin says, "No we want to go back to the car and head home now." :rolleyes:

I thought about it just as the girl was walking away to ask for her name or peek for a wedding ring (I usually forget to do the latter all the time anyway).

But 2nd baseman David Eckstein's wife is the voice of Ashoka Tano and I myself have the Star Wars story of the month to tell, what with me and Barry being in the Insider because of the kidney transplant (I have the scar to clearly identify myself for certain). But we never talked Star Wars as there was too much to say about an exciting ballgame anyway. Besides, she could have been the wife or other family member of at least 20 other ballplayers, but I wasn't on top of my game what with my older cousin stealing a few pinch hits in there.

But the other Padres I would most like to meet is Trevor Hoffman who also has 1 kidney like me and Barry, but was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers before the start of this season.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
But the other Padres I would most like to meet is Trevor Hoffman who also has 1 kidney like me and Barry, but was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers before the start of this season.They traded his remaining kidney? That's how they treat him after all the great years he gave them?

Tycho
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
LOL. Well, it looks like the Brewers got all of Hoffman afterall. There was a special deal where his kidney came with the rest of him.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
They traded his remaining kidney? That's how they treat him after all the great years he gave them?That's the famous "for an organ to be named later" trade detail. :D

I missed this week's rerun; which one was it? A "special" episode? :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I've still been watching. It's been fun rewatching these episodes, and occasionally there are some fun tidbits. Now we know that the Malevolence was designed by Ruggle Schmong, for instance. :p

JimJamBonds
05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
LOL. Well, it looks like the Brewers got all of Hoffman afterall. There was a special deal where his kidney came with the rest of him.

So that explains then his stint on the 15 day DL at the start of the season!!! :D

DarthQuack
07-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Complete First Season coming to DVD

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clone-Wars-Season-1/12312

:thumbsup:

Blue2th
07-15-2009, 11:39 PM

Well that's cool. I don't like buying just the 4 episodes at a time business.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-16-2009, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to add something to my amazon wishlist for christmas. :p

Ji'dai
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Good, I can delete the episodes from my DVR and free up some space for season 2.

Beast
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM

Can't wait! The Blu-Ray set sounds especially tasty. :)

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Can't wait! The Blu-Ray set sounds especially tasty. :)

Yeah, I find they taste better if marinated in Italian Dressing overnight.

I am in for it. I will never watch Bombad Jedi though, Worst episode ever.

JetsAndHeels
07-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Looks good, the only thing that caught me off guard was the suggested retail price....either way, I will definately be buying it.

2-1B
07-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I am in for it. I will never watch Bombad Jedi though, Worst episode ever.

That's one of my favorites! :)

It made me nostalgic for TPM after almost a decade...and no, I am not joking.

Maerj2000
07-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought Bombad Jedi was okay, not my favorite but I didn't hate it or anything. My favorite would have to be Rookies, I watched that one 5 times. I hope for more "A day in the liffe of Clone Trooper" episodes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2009, 10:17 PM
They just released some new pics (http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2009/07/21/lucasfilm-pavilion-at-comic-con-first-pics/) of bounty hunters from season 2 - including Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, a Zabrak woman, some other dude, and BOSSK!!! Bossk, for the love of Christ!!! Holy awesome what!!!

El Chuxter
07-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Bossk? Sure it's not Cradossk? Unless they're tossing continuity again, Bossk is still a kid.

mabudonicus
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
I liked that "Bombad Jedi" episode too, it was funny how Jar Jar "died" twice and both times people couldn't wait 10 seconds before eulogizing him- "Poor Jar Jar, I always knew something like this would happen"
:beard: Iso&Baws&topes

The one where Deuce gets them busted is still the standout

Rocketboy
07-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I watched every episode and enjoyed most of them, but I'm finding very hard to want the dvds.

And I also really liked Bombad Jedi, but I never hated Jar Jar either.
I think that episode, along with Destroy Malevolence and the Ryloth trilogy were the seasons best.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Bossk? Sure it's not Cradossk? Unless they're tossing continuity again, Bossk is still a kid.

They toss continuity out the window all the time! What about the episode where Obi-Wan doesn't know anything about the Talz and yet there's already an established Talz Jedi from the other series? I guess it's possible that Obi-Wan can't possibly have met or heard of every other knight in the order but I'm sure the species would have been covered in his Jedi High School biology text books.

pbarnard
07-22-2009, 12:23 PM
They toss continuity out the window all the time! What about the episode where Obi-Wan doesn't know anything about the Talz and yet there's already an established Talz Jedi from the other series? I guess it's possible that Obi-Wan can't possibly have met or heard of every other knight in the order but I'm sure the species would have been covered in his Jedi High School biology text books.

Technically, Talz weren't encountered till just around the Clone Wars. So the micro-series maybe wrong here, which wouldn't be a first. But continuity errors seep into every episode if you're observant.

But either way, the best episodes are the "clone" centered ones. Of course, they all feel like rip offs of a Karen Traviss novel plot.

El Chuxter
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Call me nuts, but the micro-series is always right in my book. It being fiction, I can pick and choose all I want.

And Luke and Mara lived to a ripe old age, as did their nephew Jacen, who never became a Sith Lord, because there weren't idiots writing garbage in my world. :)

Rocketboy
07-22-2009, 01:16 PM
And Luke and Mara lived to a ripe old age, as did their nephew Jacen, who never became a Sith Lord, because there weren't idiots writing garbage in my world. :)In that case Return of the Jedi is the absolute end of the Star Wars story.

Rocketboy
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
This Mtv article says that is indeed Bossk. (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/21/a-new-merc-and-an-old-bounty-hunter-in-these-exclusive-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-two-images/)

El Chuxter
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Call me insane, but would it be too much to ask for Lucas and his immediate subordinates to keep some sort of consistency in all these dozens (hundreds?) of spinoffs that they green-light?

C'mon, we've all seen the script samples in the "Making of Shadows of the Empire" book where a panel that features a TIE Fighter is nixed because it was "too far away from a capital ship for a one-man vessel without hyperdrive or life support." If they're going to get uber-anal on minor stuff like that, having a character show up as an adult when he should be the rough equivalent of a toddler or elementary kid is a pretty big snafu.

DarkJedi5
07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I know wookieepedia isn't a solid source but they list Bossk as being born in 53 BBY with that info sited to the New Essential Guide to Characters. That means an appearance in the CW show isn't too ridiculous.

2-1B
07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
BOSSK!!! Bossk, for the love of Christ!!! Holy awesome what!!!

Agreed, I'm excited about it too...I just hope they don't make him talk (and thus ruin the character).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Agreed, I'm excited about it too...I just hope they don't make him talk (and thus ruin the character).
I was wondering what he could sound like . . . we already heard Gha Nachkt, but it will be weird if/when Bossk talks.

And yeah, he'll be mid-30s here, so I see no problem with it.

Maerj2000
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, Bossk *did* speak in Empire Strikes Back. It was sort of a growl type of thing, I'm thinking that is how he will sound.

2-1B
07-25-2009, 01:34 PM
That's what I'm saying, I want only growls. lol

If he starts yammering on in English, it'll be a bummer.

And as far as Bossk being too young to be in this show, he's a lizard for f***'s sake, so I imagine his race living to be older. Maybe not as old as Yoda, but easily a hundred years old.

pbarnard
07-25-2009, 08:26 PM
And as far as Bossk being too young to be in this show, he's a lizard for f***'s sake, so I imagine his race living to be older. Maybe not as old as Yoda, but easily a hundred years old.

Trando's apparently don't live as long as others...at least that's what 3 different RPG supplement say. :thumbsup:

Let the contradictions continue....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2009, 12:22 AM
The season two (http://starwars.com/video/view/000841.html) footage from Comic Con (and originally SW Weekends, I think) is amazing! The panel shown on G4 also revealed that we'll see Mustafar and Felucia more, as well as ones I'm forgetting. Boba Fett will apparently be showing up too!

Rocketboy
07-26-2009, 05:23 AM
And if the footage is any indication, it should be retitled Star Wars: Cad Bane.

:rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2009, 02:03 PM
And if the footage is any indication, it should be retitled Star Wars: Cad Bane.

:rolleyes:
I'm fine with that. ;) :D

Is it just me or did that Mandalorian sound like Jon Favreau?

Blue2th
07-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow! Season 2 looks good.

Looks like a fight on Geonosis again too.

I noticed all the AT-TE's were in a wagon circle there.

Wonder who the Mandalorian is? Can't be Boba, he's still a kid at that time.

El Chuxter
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Season 2 also introduces Obi-Wan Kenobi's second ex-girlfriend! Woo hoo! And she's kidnapped by Mandaloreans because Mandaloreans are the shiz!

Obi-Wan Kenobi is now officially double-booked for every minute of his life, and this is, what, the fifth explanation for the throwaway line in the ESB novel about Jedi defeating Mandaloreans during the Clone Wars? Or is it the sixth? Why didn't they just treat it like the line about Owen being Obi-Wan's brother and just toss it out?

Oh, and Boba will show up, since he's not really busy over in his own series of novels.

Man, why don't they stop even pretending old books and comics are semi-canon and just replace them entirely with Star Wars: The Cad Bane Being a Mediocre Boba Fett Stand-In Variety Hour? I can't wait until Cad Bane develops a grudge against Dash Rendar and freezes him in carbonite!

Darth Metalmute
07-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I can't wait until Cad Bane develops a grudge against Dash Rendar and freezes him in carbonite!

I think in the "new" The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith edition you have to fight Cad Bane in order to marry Princess Leia. The downloadable level to be released next fall will be having to hunt down your daughter who has turned to the light side with your son who happens be her twin.

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 03:53 PM
They just released some new pics (http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2009/07/21/lucasfilm-pavilion-at-comic-con-first-pics/) of bounty hunters from season 2 - including Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, a Zabrak woman, some other dude, and BOSSK!!! Bossk, for the love of Christ!!! Holy awesome what!!!I love that SW.com is allowed to publish photos from inside the con before it's opened, but nobody else is allowed to. So season 2 will be guest bounty hunter of the week to sell some toys now, huh? I guess the Jedi will be too busy to meet with any of them, since they're all cheap punks who should be painfully easy to take down (although in this show, the Jedi are kinda lame without their sabers).

Call me insane, but would it be too much to ask for Lucas and his immediate subordinates to keep some sort of consistency in all these dozens (hundreds?) of spinoffs that they green-light?

C'mon, we've all seen the script samples in the "Making of Shadows of the Empire" book where a panel that features a TIE Fighter is nixed because it was "too far away from a capital ship for a one-man vessel without hyperdrive or life support." If they're going to get uber-anal on minor stuff like that, having a character show up as an adult when he should be the rough equivalent of a toddler or elementary kid is a pretty big snafu.They have a team dedicated to exactly that, but not everything can fit.

I know wookieepedia isn't a solid source but they list Bossk as being born in 53 BBY with that info sited to the New Essential Guide to Characters. That means an appearance in the CW show isn't too ridiculous.Yeah, makes as much sense as anything, Chewie's what, 200 years old? Surely he and Yoda aren't the only species that live a long time. During TPM, the EU had Mace Windu being 90 in the film as his race was a long-life one as well.

That's what I'm saying, I want only growls. lol

If he starts yammering on in English, it'll be a bummer.

And as far as Bossk being too young to be in this show, he's a lizard for f***'s sake, so I imagine his race living to be older. Maybe not as old as Yoda, but easily a hundred years old.So far, they've not gotten voices right for this stuff at all, so I'm assuming he'll speak like Rick from Casablanca.

Trando's apparently don't live as long as others...at least that's what 3 different RPG supplement say. :thumbsup:

Let the contradictions continue....Oh yeah, let's take what the RPG handbooks say as canon, that's a good idea. Star Destroyers are now 100 feet long and lightsabers can be blocked by vibro-axes. ;) While you're at it, why not bring the CCG into the mix too?

:rolleyes:Yeah, I got that feeling when we saw his episode as the season finale, someone is too enamored with these new bounty hunters and they're going to be the next big thing. I got the feeling Dr Vindi was supposed to be that too.

Season 2 also introduces Obi-Wan Kenobi's second ex-girlfriend! Woo hoo! And she's kidnapped by Mandaloreans because Mandaloreans are the shiz!

Obi-Wan Kenobi is now officially double-booked for every minute of his life, and this is, what, the fifth explanation for the throwaway line in the ESB novel about Jedi defeating Mandaloreans during the Clone Wars? Or is it the sixth? Why didn't they just treat it like the line about Owen being Obi-Wan's brother and just toss it out?Good point about Obi-Wan having 2 lives, it really is out of control.

Oh, and Boba will show up, since he's not really busy over in his own series of novels.

Man, why don't they stop even pretending old books and comics are semi-canon and just replace them entirely with Star Wars: The Cad Bane Being a Mediocre Boba Fett Stand-In Variety Hour? I can't wait until Cad Bane develops a grudge against Dash Rendar and freezes him in carbonite!Cad Bane is supposed to be Angel Eyes from The Good The Bad & The Ugly, so Boba Fett would be his rival and ultimately his undoing. The concept is beautiful, the timeline however says this better not friggin' happen or it'll suuuuuuck, because teenaged Man with No Name is not going to be cool.

pbarnard
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah, let's take what the RPG handbooks say as canon, that's a good idea. Star Destroyers are now 100 feet long and lightsabers can be blocked by vibro-axes. ;) While you're at it, why not bring the CCG into the mix too?.

Than why does LFL direct the authors to use the RPG books as source/reference material and not Essential Guides? Also without either, you don't get the names you do for most of the background characters in the OT. In reality, it's all the same material just copied and pasted. LFL is just too anal to correct mistakes that creep in at any stage so things get propogated forward in perpetuity. Little less snark, a bit more fact. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah, those names are soooo worth protecting. How many connected consonants apostrophes can you fit in a single name?!? And Lt. Pello Scrambas, or Sheckil, really?

Kidhuman
08-08-2009, 07:37 AM
When does this start up again?

Rocketboy
08-08-2009, 08:43 AM
October I believe. I don't think a definite set has been yet.

2-1B
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
So far, they've not gotten voices right for this stuff at all, so I'm assuming he'll speak like Rick from Casablanca.

If they make him sound like Rick from Lucasfilm, than I might be more open to new ideas. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Off-topic from the regular TV show discussion, but I thought this might be of interest:

LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2 will air on Cartoon Network Friday, August 28 at 9 PM.

DarkArtist
08-24-2009, 12:07 PM
does anyone know when Season 2 is set to air on Cartoon Network. I've been waiting for this series to continue. the preview that they showed at Comic-Con and SW Weekends was awesome.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Season 2 will be premiering October 2 (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/news20090824/index.html) in a one-hour special (just like the first season, I assume). It says it will be on at 8, which I think is an hour earlier than season 1 (I can never tell with the time zones and cable weirdness around here).

TheRupert
08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Cannot WAIT for October 2nd!!!

Umbra
09-06-2009, 12:37 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=57&p2_articleid=2379

Anyone happen to have the code, there are no walmarts in the city of chicago...

scratch that: random code guessing caught "bountyhunter"

Blue2th
09-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the code Umbra.

Looks like if we get a Jocasta Nu she might be animated. :silly: lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
As I posted in the other thread, all the footage looks great! Are they talking about "Master Oppo", as in Oppo Rancisis? I'd really love to see him in action!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Double post, la la la.

In Cad Bane's databank entry (http://starwars.com/databank/character/cadbane/index.html), this was revealed:

So prominent is Cad Bane and his predatory ilk in season two of The Clone Wars (2009-2010) that the series title was expanded with the subhead, "The Rise of the Bounty Hunters." Bane's villainy kicks things off with "Holocron Heist," written by Paul Dini and directed by Justin Ridge. In the season two premiere, Bane is contacted by Darth Sidious in the underworld of Coruscant for a special assignment: the capture of a Holocron from within the heavily guarded Jedi Temple. In this episode, Cad Bane's butler droid, TODO 360 appears (he was first previewed in the "Invitation Only" web comic), voiced by Seth Green. The season finale leads into a multi-part arc featuring Bane as the primary foe for the Jedi heroes.
Here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Todo_360) is what TODO 360 looks like; I didn't remember him. But it's pretty awesome that Seth Green will be playing him! Should be fun.

El Chuxter
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I find Seth Green to be not as entertaining as he finds himself. But Paul Dini writing, man, that might actually get me to watch!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I find Seth Green to be not as entertaining as he finds himself. But Paul Dini writing, man, that might actually get me to watch!
He also wrote Cloak of Darkness, which focused on Luminara and Ahsoka escorting Nute Gunray to trial. There was some absolutely fantastic character-based stuff in that one, so I'm looking forward to his return.

Rocketboy
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
The Dini episode was one of the highlights of Season 1. There were parts of it, like when Ventress is evading the droid, that felt like something very Catwoman-ish from Batman: TAS.

El Chuxter
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I was unaware of this. I might have to watch it in re-runs at some point. However, is that the one with Luminara and Ahsoka playing good cop/severely retarded cop? They played that clip last year at Comic-Con, and the voice acting almost made me lose my lunch.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I was unaware of this. I might have to watch it in re-runs at some point. However, is that the one with Luminara and Ahsoka playing good cop/severely retarded cop? They played that clip last year at Comic-Con, and the voice acting almost made me lose my lunch.
Yeah, that was the one; I remember you mentioning hating that clip. I didn't think the voice acting was bad, and that was only for a moment. Ahsoka over-reacted and Luminara had to reign her in, which happened a lot throughout, and kind of showed Anakin's influence on Ahsoka versus Luminara's more old-fashioned approach to being a Jedi.

2-1B
09-10-2009, 10:01 PM
She's still less annoying than C-3PO.

Rocketboy
09-10-2009, 10:37 PM
It wasn't Dini's fault; Ahsoka is just terrible no matter who writes her.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Here (http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/?episodeID=8a25059623a8dff20123aaae60330005) is yet another promo video. I find it interesting/odd that multiple Mandalorians all have the blue-silver Jango armor.

Damn, just a little under three weeks to go!

sonofsokol
09-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere, but has anyone else noticed that the cardback of the Anakin in Space Suit (CW21) it tells the story of the "Holocron Heist" Episode that was previewed on the "exclusive Walmart clips" at starwars.com?

It has been posted on the forums before, but just in case anyone missed them here is the link again: http://www.starwars.com/walmart/index.html and the password is bounty hunters

From the back of the card: "Anakin contrives a daring maneuver to board the Separatist frigate and retrieve the holocron. Skywalker, Ahsoka and a team of clone troopers drop through space on AT-TE walkers, land on the outside of the frigate and breach the ship."

I bought this figure a while back, but didn't open him until this morning. It made me think about how long ago they must have made that episode for season 2 to have printed it on the back of the card of a figure that was released several months ago...

Less than a week to go!:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2009, 12:52 PM
That might also describe Shipyards of Doom, which is the second episode. I remember there was a preview for it on the TCW movie DVD, which came out last year, so I sort of think that it might have been intended for season one. Also, many of the early references to Cad Bane mention him taking a holocron but not a whole lot else. But the facial movements in the clips on that site lead me to believe that they were produced well into the season, so who knows. Based on the production numbers given on the official site, there are still four episodes from season one that we haven't seen yet, so perhaps these are two of them. I guess we'll know in a week.

Rocketboy
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
There were also an episode or two in season one that was originally intended for season two.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes indeed - three, actually. Here's a list of the production order, with the episode number in the parentheses. They didn't list the movie, so I just assumed it was the first, third, and fourth episodes.

1. The Clone Wars
2. Downfall of a Droid (6)
3. The Clone Wars
4. The Clone Wars
5. Bombad Jedi (8)
6. Duel of the Droids (7)
7. Rising Malevolence (2)
8. Ambush (1)
9. Shadow of Malevolence (3)
10. Cloak of Darkness (9)
11. Destroy Malevolence (4)
12. Lair of Grievous (10)
14. Rookies (5)
15. Storm Over Ryloth (19)
16. Dooku Captured (11)
17. Innocents of Ryloth (20)
19. Liberty on Ryloth (21)
20. The Gungan General (12)
22. Jedi Crash (13)
24. Defenders of Peace (14)
25. Trespass (15)
26. Blue Shadow Virus (17)

1. The Hidden Enemy (16)
2. Mystery of a Thousand Moons (18)
4. Hostage Crisis (22)

Rocketboy
09-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Not sure I follow your list - how does Downfall of a Droid fit in the middle of the movie chronologically?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Not sure I follow your list - how does Downfall of a Droid fit in the middle of the movie chronologically?

That's production order. I was a bit confused at first as I was thinking they were listed in chronological order as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, the number on the left is the order in which the episodes were produced. The number on the right is the order in which they were shown on TV. As you can see, they were definitely made out of order, and even after that, some of the episodes were apparently shifted around. The first 26 spaces represent episodes produced for the first season, and the following four were produced for the second season, but things were shifted around for whatever reason.

So, for instance, Downfall of a Droid was the second episode produced, but the sixth shown (not including the three that were recut into the movie). If we're talking chronology, then I just assume everything happens in the order it's shown on the show, except for Hidden Enemy, which takes place immediately before the movie.

Rocketboy
09-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Ok, I see, but now it doesn't make sense for a whole other reason:
Why would they make the first part of a two part arc (Droid) in the middle of the first story arc (movie)?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Looks like they did that all the time - the Malevolence trilogy was made alongside the Nute Gunray trilogy, all with the movie and R3-S6 episodes, and so on. I really don't know why.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2009, 06:41 PM
There is no why. Nothing more will I teach you today.

DarkArtist
09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
so can't wait for October 2nd for the Season premiere.... looking forward to seeing new episodes of Clone Wars again....:thumbsup:

Ando
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM
so can't wait for October 2nd for the Season premiere.... looking forward to seeing new episodes of Clone Wars again....:thumbsup:

I concur! I loved having new episodes for almost 6 straight months (I think there few 3-4 weeks that weren't new) and hope the 2nd season runs the same length of time.

Rocketboy
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
While most of the show was decent, there were a handful of really good stand-out episodes in season one, so hopefully the creative team has found their true voice and vision for the show.

But with more Ahsoka, Ventress and Cad "mumbles" Bane I can't say I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm sure I'll be watching.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2009, 12:29 AM
But with more Ahsoka, Ventress and Cad "mumbles" Bane I can't say I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm sure I'll be watching.
I really wonder how much they'll be using Cad Bane? I've read that he's the main villian in the first three episodes, but I don't know about after that. I don't want over-exposure but I don't want a buildup and then a quick death like every other cool bad guy. I have to think they'll keep him around a while.

On Ventress, though, I wonder about her. Both she and Grievous got phased out in season one for different or altogether new villains. Now, Aurra Sing will likely be the more prominent white-faced bald(ish) woman (and there looks to be another based on the Darth Maul concept art). So they might try to avoid confusion between the two. Who knows.

I'm just pretty damn excited for the new season, though!

Tycho
09-29-2009, 04:27 AM
I want it to be the WHOLE season 1 that they release on DVD in the next month or so.

But what's the story?

Rocketboy
09-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I really wonder how much they'll be using Cad Bane? I've read that he's the main villian in the first three episodes, but I don't know about after that. I don't want over-exposure but I don't want a buildup and then a quick death like every other cool bad guy. I have to think they'll keep him around a while.Much of the promotional material and trailers make it look like Star Wars: The Can Bade Show featuring Mandalorians.

On Ventress, though, I wonder about her. Both she and Grievous got phased out in season one for different or altogether new villains. Now, Aurra Sing will likely be the more prominent white-faced bald(ish) woman (and there looks to be another based on the Darth Maul concept art). So they might try to avoid confusion between the two. Who knows.Ventress. Sing. Whatever. Practically the same anyway.

Ando
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
I want it to be the WHOLE season 1 that they release on DVD in the next month or so.

Here you go, Tycho: http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=110040 (http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=110040)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Potential mild spoilers throughout . . .

Much of the promotional material and trailers make it look like Star Wars: The Can Bade Show featuring Mandalorians.
But we can't forget the grand tradition of pimping the new bad guys and then killing them off quickly, most notably Boba Fett and then Darth Maul (and to a lesser extent, Jango and Grievous, but at least Grievous is getting more time in the show). They've said that the bounty hunters won't even be in every episode, and I don't think Cad Bane and the Mandalorians are involved with each other. From what I can tell, the Mandos have something to do with Sateen, Obi-Wan's ex-flame. I guess we'll see.

El Chuxter
09-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Why did the Jedi bother having a rule against love and marriage? According to various EU sources, Ki-Adi-Mundi got a waiver because of love birthrates in his people and was married, Neeja Halcyon was secretly married, Qui-Gon Jinn and another Jedi were an item, Kit was making the beast with innumerable headtails with Aayla, Callista Ming was secretly married to another Jedi, Etain was getting it on with a Clone Commando, and now Obi-Wan has two ex-girlfriends. Really, was Yoda just jealous that Yaddle wasn't into giving him a little something-something and he made up that rule out of sheer old man crankiness, or what?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Because there was the possibility it might drive the Jedi crazy and turn them to the dark side. Oh, wait. :D

Most of those EU relationships were before AOTC established the rule. The databank says this about Kit, who was obviously not around before AOTC:

His close friendship and concern for fellow Jedi Aayla Secura occasionally pressed against the rules against attachment. They shared a deep respect for one another that, had they been outside the Jedi order, perhaps may have evolved into something else.
So that's really nothing. I wonder how the Obi-Wan thing will play out. Obviously George is cool with it, and I'm willing to bet that he didn't know about Siri Tachi, or that Dave brought it up to him and he still went with it.

Ki-Adi-Mundi was also exempt from the rule that said you had to be a master to be on the council, which wasn't established until ROTS; the first time I saw the film, I figured Anakin would be ****ed if he knew Ki-Adi-Mundi was a knight on the council AND had multiple wives. :D Now they retconned it to say that he was promoted to master when he got on the council, or something like that.

2-1B
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Come on, as if any rule or anybody can prevent Kit Fisto from getting some trim. :lipsrsealed:

El Chuxter
09-29-2009, 10:36 PM
If you're counting Siri, then Obi-Wan has three ex-girlfriends.

2-1B
09-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Four, if you count Padme.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2009, 10:53 PM
If you're counting Siri, then Obi-Wan has three ex-girlfriends.
There was Siri in those books, and now Sateen in the show. Who else was there?

Rocketboy
09-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Five (Qui-Gon).

El Chuxter
09-30-2009, 01:08 AM
I can't recall her name, but a revolutionary on some planet Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were sent to early in his tenure as a padawan. He actually left the Order briefly to be with her, but she died, and Qui-Gon was willing to take him back, no question. Of course, he forgave his youthful impulsiveness, but no one (even Jude Watson) had any clue Obi-Wan was breaking more rules than just disobeying orders to get caught up in a rebellion.

Just saying, it would be a lot easier to forgive continuity errors if it didn't look like they were just coming up with whatever and riding ramshod over previous books and such if they don't jive. I'm not a huge Karen Traviss fan, but she's popular for her Clone Wars novels that deal with Republican Commandos and Mandaloreans, and she apparently quit because this season of Clone Wars was going to invalidate a lot of the mythos she'd set up. I do rather like Jude Watson's work, and it bugs me a bit that there's only one time period when Obi-Wan could've had a love affair, and she pretty well covered the entire time. A secret girlfriend is a pretty big detail.

Darth Metalmute
09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Why did the Jedi bother having a rule against love and marriage?

It was probably made a rule millions of years ago to protect Jedi from Jedi groupies. There were worried that all the male Jedi would take advantage of all the women swooning all over them. I mean, what woman wouldn't want their clothes ripped off them by a man who could just wave his hand and the panties would drop. So to protect the Order from a vile STD that kills off midiclorians, a rule was installed that forbid Jedi to have relations with strangers. Over time, the rule was misinterpreted by some Jedi council member because they decided that everyone is a stranger at one point so the rule must mean that Jedi could no longer love or get married.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Anakin said attachment is forbidden, not love.

Darth Metalmute
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Anakin said attachment is forbidden, not love.

I think he said that tongue-in-cheek. He was obviously trying to get Padme into bed. Pretty smooth line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I can't recall her name, but a revolutionary on some planet Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were sent to early in his tenure as a padawan. He actually left the Order briefly to be with her, but she died, and Qui-Gon was willing to take him back, no question. Of course, he forgave his youthful impulsiveness, but no one (even Jude Watson) had any clue Obi-Wan was breaking more rules than just disobeying orders to get caught up in a rebellion.
Oh, yeah, the Melida/Daan stuff. Reading it, I thought he just left since he believed in the cause, and I don't remember picking up any relationship stuff between them (though, on Wookieepedia, it says he later said he loved Cerisa). The fact that he actually left the Order didn't really sit well with me at the time, and it still doesn't - even within the continuity of those books, he worked his butt off to become Qui-Gon's Padawan, and then he throws it away to hang out with some punks.

As to the continuity changes of the Mandos and Sateen, I just don't know enough about them to say quite yet. Though I usually tend to like the Lucas stuff more than the EU. I do wonder just why Karen Traviss got so flustered with the changes, and what they are.

JediTricks
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Why did the Jedi bother having a rule against love and marriage? According to various EU sources, Ki-Adi-Mundi got a waiver because of love birthrates in his people and was married, Neeja Halcyon was secretly married, Qui-Gon Jinn and another Jedi were an item, Kit was making the beast with innumerable headtails with Aayla, Callista Ming was secretly married to another Jedi, Etain was getting it on with a Clone Commando, and now Obi-Wan has two ex-girlfriends. Really, was Yoda just jealous that Yaddle wasn't into giving him a little something-something and he made up that rule out of sheer old man crankiness, or what?Maybe it's a "monk" thing, Jedi are not the only ones out there who have taken a vow of celibacy, there are other kinds of monks who do as well. Besides the concern of attachments, there's also the issue of focus, some orders believe it helps with that.

In any event, the 1-hour premiere is this Friday.

pbarnard
09-30-2009, 06:21 PM
As I posted in the other thread, all the footage looks great! Are they talking about "Master Oppo", as in Oppo Rancisis? I'd really love to see him in action!

So now they're going to not make him killed off early on in the Clone Wars? Great, why not just toss out all the Clone Wars comics and novels. :tired:

El Chuxter
09-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I thought they already did.

And anything that involves Oppo is a bad idea. That stupid piece of crap isn't even good enough to dignify with the humor required to call him a pice of carp. He's just a rank turd.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Cool your jets there, kiddos. Turns out they were talking about Master Ropal, a new Rodian Jedi. Apparently Oppo died near the end of the war. I think, if they did it well, he'd be really cool in a fight scene - very snakelike.

El Chuxter
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
You mean turdlike, with him leaving poo-streaks on the floor and spitting rotted corn on Grievous until Grievous finally gives up.

pbarnard
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Cool your jets there, kiddos. Turns out they were talking about Master Ropal, a new Rodian Jedi. Apparently Oppo died near the end of the war. I think, if they did it well, he'd be really cool in a fight scene - very snakelike.

No, he sort of dies toward the begining to middle of the war...the Sora Bolq story arc. THis is the problem...there was up until a point a continuity. Now, it is being thrown aside for this. While I do think the bounty hunter aspect does make sense, it actually is a part of the novels, it's starting to get silly on what is being tossed and what replaces it and what is being kept.

Tycho
10-02-2009, 06:34 PM
OK, checked at Best Buy today, on or about November 1st, the ENTIRE COMPLETE SEASON ONE of Clone Wars will be available for about $35 on DVD and a little more on BlueRay.

Sorry if someone else had answered my question and I hadn't seen it yet.

Rocketboy
10-02-2009, 11:27 PM
OK, checked at Best Buy today, on or about November 1st, the ENTIRE COMPLETE SEASON ONE of Clone Wars will be available for about $35 on DVD and a little more on BlueRay.

Sorry if someone else had answered my question and I hadn't seen it yet.Ando answered you earlier.

And it'll be out on November 3.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2009, 01:24 AM
So . . . holy damn. That was some intense stuff. A lot of things you really wouldn't expect given the first season - Cato hitting Jocasta Nu, Cad Bane torturing Bolla Ropal and Ahsoka, Denal being murdered, and so on. This was pretty amazing.

It's strange that the first episode was #23 in production order and the second was #13. In the latter, Yularen looked like a new model, but some of the battle droid humor hinted at it being a little older, so that was odd. The lighting and everything in the first episode was amazing - the Coruscant stuff really felt like it belonged in the actual movies. There were also a lot of cool little touches - the Turbo Tank, seeing Plo's clones again, etc. I quite liked Todo 360, so it was a little sad to see him go.

We're only one day into the new season and it's already a whole hell of a lot darker than what we've already seen . . . I felt a bit uneasy at times tonight, which helped to show that Cad Bane really is a terrible, awful guy. The upcoming stuff is going to be nuts.

JetsAndHeels
10-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I have the premiere saved on my dvr and will watch it this afternoon after the football game. Hope it is as good as I am hearing.

sonofsokol
10-03-2009, 10:47 AM
The upcoming stuff is going to be nuts.

I agree that was some intense stuff. The torture scenes, 2 dead jedi (I assume Ord Enisence was dead), the beating of an old woman... crazy stuff.

I recently got DirectTV, so this was the first time I have gotten to see them in HD and these episodes looked amazing. Cool to see Anakin and Ahsoka in their space suits (like the already released action figures). My biggest complaint is against Bane's voice. I can't understand a lot of what he says. I guess I just need to rewatch with subtitles on.

Great way to start the season. I have just taken the attitude of enjoying this series for what it is and try not to get caught up in continuity issues and all that.

Tycho
10-03-2009, 11:35 AM
I saw it re-ran on Saturday morning. It's great watching a Saturday morning cartoon again - like when I was a kid and watched Ewoks and Droids.

But I'd like the return of those Pepperidge Farm chocolate Star Wars cookies in the shapes of Darth Vader and the Royal Guards' heads, amongst other characters.

I think the peanut butter had the Stormtrooper and Jabba The Hutt.

Vanilla had Chewbacca, Princess Leia, amongst others.

Man, I used to chow down on Star Wars cookies while watching Star Wars cartoons. It's probably great to maintain my fitness and weight that they don't come back out with those.

In any case, Clone Wars was modestly entertaining. I loved seeing Jocasta Nu in action, even if it wasn't really her (in the fight scenes).

I highly doubt a Clawdite infiltrator could hold his own against even a Jedi padawan, especially one who's battle-tested like Ahsoka. True she won, but it should have been much quicker and easier for her except I'll give them that she was sort of taken by surprise.

In any case, I hope Jocasta Nu makes more appearances because then we can get an awesome old-lady-action-figure, though I'd prefer her to be made for the realistic line.

Anyone notice that her cartoon face - specifically her nose - is drawn just like Palpatine's?

DarkJedi5
10-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I recorded the HD feed last night (the first time I'd watched an episode in HD) and it seemed like the sounds was really off. Anyone else experience this? Like the music was so loud it covered up a lot of the dialogue and sound effects and even the announcer guy. And then some characters voices had weird echos, yes it was mostly Bane but Asokha and Anakin at times as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I almost missed the second part, as I too caught it on its Sat. morning rerun and switched channels to watch college football. So, how does Fett become the galaxy's best BH, if Bane is as bad as he's been?

Rocketboy
10-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Impressive looking episode. They've really stepped up the animation.

Too bad the same can't be said for the storytelling.
The Jedi again prove how stupid they are by letting Tad Lame, er Cad Bane walk in and out of the most secure are of the temple. No wonder they get slaughtered so easily.
All Anakin had to do is kill Bane and let Ahsoka die and its a win situation for everyone: Anakin gets the Rubix Cube back and the viewers don't have to deal with the annoying brat or Derivative McMumbles any more.

Ji'dai
10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I recorded the HD feed last night (the first time I'd watched an episode in HD) and it seemed like the sounds was really off. Anyone else experience this? Like the music was so loud it covered up a lot of the dialogue and sound effects and even the announcer guy. And then some characters voices had weird echos, yes it was mostly Bane but Asokha and Anakin at times as well. I had this problem with the audio as well. I recorded the show on my DVR when it aired on Cartoon Network's HD channel Friday night. I watched it this afternoon and enjoyed it even with the sound issues. I may delete the episodes and record it again and see if the audio has been fixed.

DarkArtist
10-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I recorded the HD feed last night (the first time I'd watched an episode in HD) and it seemed like the sounds was really off. Anyone else experience this? Like the music was so loud it covered up a lot of the dialogue and sound effects and even the announcer guy. And then some characters voices had weird echos, yes it was mostly Bane but Asokha and Anakin at times as well.

i had the same problem with the audio as well but have 2 DVR so i taped it both in regular and HD... I think the cartoons/animated shows have a harder time in HD (happened last week when my cousins were watching that new Matchbox Force 5 cartoon...music was good but dialogue was hard to make out)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I forgot my one gripe with this episode: blatant inconsistancy with physics and laws of gravity. Yeah, I understand creative license, action, and all that, but c'mon!

- outside the ship, Jedi can jump like they're in atmosphere, then just attach their legs to the deck as if they have magna-boots, yet springing off whenever there's danger afoot (pun intended)
- cut to inside the ship, when the gravity's turned off, they float around; and no recoil when the clones fire

Huh?

DarkJedi5
10-04-2009, 01:01 PM
I forgot my one gripe with this episode: blatant inconsistancy with physics and laws of gravity. Yeah, I understand creative license, action, and all that, but c'mon!

- outside the ship, Jedi can jump like they're in atmosphere, then just attach their legs to the deck as if they have magna-boots, yet springing off whenever there's danger afoot (pun intended)
- cut to inside the ship, when the gravity's turned off, they float around; and no recoil when the clones fire

Huh?

Actually what bothered me was that there did seem to be instances where they would remember and things would like right but then the next shot would have something that was all wrong. I do remember 1 clone spinning because of the recoil which was really cool but no one else had that sort of thing happening.

Maerj2000
10-04-2009, 02:18 PM
I saw it re-ran on Saturday morning. It's great watching a Saturday morning cartoon again - like when I was a kid and watched Ewoks and Droids.

But I'd like the return of those Pepperidge Farm chocolate Star Wars cookies in the shapes of Darth Vader and the Royal Guards' heads, amongst other characters.

I think the peanut butter had the Stormtrooper and Jabba The Hutt.

Vanilla had Chewbacca, Princess Leia, amongst others.

Man, I used to chow down on Star Wars cookies while watching Star Wars cartoons. It's probably great to maintain my fitness and weight that they don't come back out with those.

In any case, Clone Wars was modestly entertaining. I loved seeing Jocasta Nu in action, even if it wasn't really her (in the fight scenes).

I highly doubt a Clawdite infiltrator could hold his own against even a Jedi padawan, especially one who's battle-tested like Ahsoka. True she won, but it should have been much quicker and easier for her except I'll give them that she was sort of taken by surprise.

In any case, I hope Jocasta Nu makes more appearances because then we can get an awesome old-lady-action-figure, though I'd prefer her to be made for the realistic line.

Anyone notice that her cartoon face - specifically her nose - is drawn just like Palpatine's?

I'd love to see them put out a Clone Wars cereal, with weapons and/or accessories as the prize. Kids and collectors would love that, I think.

I'm wondering if Ahsoka is going to turn to the Dark Side. It seems like she is based on her actions and attitude. Either way, I think she is going to die by the end of the series.

Rocketboy
10-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Why would a laser gun have recoil?

wawe1
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM

AGREED! It got a bit difficult understanding the dialogue at times because the music was too loud. The soundtrack was pretty cool, though.

Awesome episode.

figrin bran
10-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I don't think Ahsoka will either turn to the dark side or die at series end. For all intents and purposes, it's still a children's animated show and it's one thing for the Rodian jedi and Denal to meet their demise but I think main characters like Ahsoka are pretty much safe.

Am I the only one that finds Cad Bane's voice a bit annoying? I know Corey Burton does his voice but this along with Ziro aren't among his better character voices.

Darth Metalmute
10-05-2009, 08:01 AM

Huh?

I love the fact that they "dropped" AT-TEs onto the Trade Federation ship from above them in space. What they should have done was release the AT-TE and have them still floating there in the same spot, then Anakin says, "Um, Rex, boosters please."

Rocketboy
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Am I the only one that finds Cad Bane's voice a bit annoying? Nope, you ain't the only one. I have to try to understand him, instead of just listening. They almost need subtitles.

Ando
10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I love the fact that they "dropped" AT-TEs onto the Trade Federation ship from above them in space. What they should have done was release the AT-TE and have them still floating there in the same spot, then Anakin says, "Um, Rex, boosters please."

I still think it was pretty dang awesome for them to use AT-TE's as boarding craft.

Did anyone see the preview at the end of the episode(s) and happen to catch a glimpse of the ball turrets on the gunships?

I watched in HD and recorded in SD. I also had some issues with the audio. Our apartment walls are pretty thin, so I am hesitant about hooking up the surround sound again to watch in 5.1. Does anyone here watch in HD-5.1?

sonofsokol
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I watched in HD and 5.1 and the dialogue, especially Bane's was difficult to hear and like others have posted the music was way louder than the dialogue. I even tried boosting my center channel and turning on the "dialogue enhancer" on my amp, but it didn't do much. I can't imagine my son gets anything that Bane says when I have such a hard time understanding his raspy mumbles. There was a couple times I had to listen 3 or 4 times to get what he was saying.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
What's everyone's problem with Bane's voice? Is it the accent, the effects, how deep it is, or what? I've really had no problem understanding him.

Rocketboy
10-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Mainly the after effects and how deep and low his voice is.
I swear it sounds like he mumbles everything.

sonofsokol
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
It is really mumbled and metalic-sounding. Seinfeld would prpbably consider him a "low-talker"

clone157
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't think Ahsoka will either turn to the dark side or die at series end. For all intents and purposes, it's still a children's animated show and it's one thing for the Rodian jedi and Denal to meet their demise but I think main characters like Ahsoka are pretty much safe.

Be that as it may, I still think they are going to do a "special edition" of EPIII adding a couple of cut scenes. We know that they shot 2 different deaths for Shaak Ti. I am betting that one will be used for Ashoka to push Anakin over the edge of the dark side.

Blue2th
10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
He's a sly one that Cad Bane. Now we're going to get a figure of him in Clonetrooper disquise. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
What's everyone's problem with Bane's voice? Is it the accent, the effects, how deep it is, or what? I've really had no problem understanding him.I've always liked it. I wonder how Clint Eastwood-esque they're trying to make it.

He's a sly one that Cad Bane. Now we're going to get a figure of him in Clonetrooper disquise. ;)Why don't they just make EVERY figure a stormtrooper or clone, and just get it over with? :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I've always liked it. I wonder how Clint Eastwood-esque they're trying to make it.
I read that Corey Burton is going for the Peter Lorre kind of accent, which I think he's getting. I also like the voice - it's appropriately creepy.

bigbarada
10-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I don't have cable so I had to watch the show on cartoonnetwork.com, but I really enjoyed these first two episodes of season 2. I'm really liking the slight change in direction and I'm always happy to see another OT alien get more screen time. I didn't catch the Skrilling Jedi's name, but he would be a great choice for an action figure.

I'm also hoping Bossk gets a pretty significant role when he finally does make his appearance. If not for the teaser images of the Tradoshan, I probably wouldn't even have bothered to watch this new season. As you can probably guess, I'm really excited about the possibility of an animated-style Bossk action figure.

jonthejedi
10-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Watch The Good, The Bad & The Ugly sometime(Sergio Leone's Man With No Name masterpiece)...and you'll realize it's not Clint but very Lee Van Cleef-esque(he also appeared in Escape From New York). He has the greatest voice other than James Coburn's.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Watch The Good, The Bad & The Ugly sometime(Sergio Leone's Man With No Name masterpiece)...and you'll realize it's not Clint but very Lee Van Cleef-esque(he also appeared in Escape From New York). He has the greatest voice other than James Coburn's.
Man With No Name (Clint Eastwood) = Boba Fett
Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef) = Cad Bane

Tycho
10-09-2009, 10:09 PM
The show's dark tonight. Child kidnapping...

*sigh*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Dark, yes, but great! The quality of everything just keeps getting better all the time. It's unbelievable. The amount of characters, locations, and details in this one was astounding. Not to mention the story - probing Bane's mind, seeing Anakin and Palpatine together (finally), Sidious's plan for the kids, just everything. Ahsoka really wasn't annoying whatsoever tonight, and the humor was actually funny. If you were to compare this to the movie or first few episodes, I think the difference would be huge.

It was strange but interesting to see Anakin on Mustafar as a hero. I realized toward the end of the episode that Anakin would probably end up having to kill the two kids he just saved, which is really bizarre and sad to think about.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for a Xanadu Blood. :D

Rocketboy
10-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Better than the first two episodes, but not amazing.

I think I look at this show with a severely critical eye a little more every week.
Mustafar was unnecessary, seemingly thrown in to establish it before Episode III.
Bane makes the Jedi look like incompetent morons.
I'm really sick of them throwing in classic lines and other things just for fun. "No, lock them all down! Hurry!" :rolleyes:
And then there's the Mace Windu Indiana Jones nod. :rolleyes:

Tycho
10-10-2009, 05:20 PM
So in possibly the same way, this is how Mara Jade was found and trained to be one of the Emperor's Hands. This is not a new idea for the expanded universe since it was established in 1991 with Heir to the Empire.

However, I think Mara is 1 or 2 years younger than Luke, so this was going on during The Force Unleashed and prior, too.

If we catch any glimpse of a red haired human Force-sensitive baby, it would be interesting. But like I noted, I think we are maybe 1-2 years too early in the timeline to see Mara.

JediTricks
10-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I highly doubt a Clawdite infiltrator could hold his own against even a Jedi padawan, especially one who's battle-tested like Ahsoka. True she won, but it should have been much quicker and easier for her except I'll give them that she was sort of taken by surprise.This was a big deal for me as I noticed it too.

Too bad the same can't be said for the storytelling.
The Jedi again prove how stupid they are by letting Tad Lame, er Cad Bane walk in and out of the most secure are of the temple. No wonder they get slaughtered so easily.
All Anakin had to do is kill Bane and let Ahsoka die and its a win situation for everyone: Anakin gets the Rubix Cube back and the viewers don't have to deal with the annoying brat or Derivative McMumbles any more.This is pretty much how I feel. We've got 3 of the saga's greatest Jedi all crawling around looking for the communications system that Bane isn't even thinking about, they get fooled by mistakes even a rookie should have been wise to not once but 4 or 5 different times, 2 of them alone being the communications center crap.

Huh?This is all true, but it only bothered me during the parts where something crucial would happen and it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Ok, so here are my thoughts on these first 3 episodes:
Holocron Heist: Ahsoka's actions were unbelievably stupid, and then by the end they're forgotten simply because all the other Jedi are stupid about something else, that was sloppy as hell. It's not like she stopped the heist or anything, her ONE duty by her new master was a complete failure, but she's somehow rewarded. Cad Bane may be the galaxy's best bounty hunter-thief, but c'mon, he didn't really work all that hard to get into the temple or the vault. The Jedi are pretty pitiful at using the Force, they don't use it well to read the future, they don't use it to stop intruders or take away their weapons or anything useful, they are pretty much just bumbling their way through, but with lightsabers. Ahsoka's inability to deal with her only task then allows Bane to get into the vault. Anakin & Obi-Wan waste an opportunity to deal with Cad Bane. And the end result of Cad Bane's theft is a ridiculous "list of all the kids with the Force" which is just plain dopey. Cad Bane wasn't as annoying this time around, but the Jedi got dumber to make his plan work.

Cargo of Doom: More of the same, except with torture, and Anakin's sacrificing of all the future Jedi children for Ahsoka was unacceptable, especially when there's no attempt to hide it! This should have been him getting bounced from the order, certainly anybody who makes this mistake shouldn't be complaining about not being made a master in Ep 3. There's a lot of action and death here, but not much thought, and Cad Bane besting Jedi after Jedi is already getting too stupid.

Children of the Force: Could have been so interesting, Sidious, Force children being hunted... but no. Again it's a script where the bad guys succeed because the heroes are slow and/or stupid. Cad Bane's escape from the Republic Attack Cruiser. And then it's Obi-Wan and Mace's turn to be stupid once they catch up to Cad Bane with a list of children they divine via the Force, escorting Bane into a dangerous situation when they know it's a trap AND STILL GETTING TRAPPED! And how could they have avoided this? By doing the basic investigative actions that Anakin was already doing! At least for once there's a reason the Jedi don't kill Cad Bane as soon as they can, but it's already gotten old. Jedi torturing Cad Bane not only wasn't reasonable, it failed AND it didn't get enough weight in the script. Then there's the final battle on Mustafar - now, I don't mind them using it, but if the Jedi are going to find out about it already, there's no way Sidious is going to use it again later, so that is sloppy.

Why would a laser gun have recoil?Because they are blaster cannons, not mere lasers. They are firing excited gas bolts surrounded by a photonic envelope, that's the pseudo-technical logic behind them. If you look at the movies, they always recoil in the hands of their users.

So in possibly the same way, this is how Mara Jade was found and trained to be one of the Emperor's Hands. This is not a new idea for the expanded universe since it was established in 1991 with Heir to the Empire.

However, I think Mara is 1 or 2 years younger than Luke, so this was going on during The Force Unleashed and prior, too.

If we catch any glimpse of a red haired human Force-sensitive baby, it would be interesting. But like I noted, I think we are maybe 1-2 years too early in the timeline to see Mara.I thought the same thing at first, but quickly discarded it. These kids are to be surgically altered to be Dark Jedi Babies, they are physically changed to act as the Emperor's hand as it were, while Mara doesn't have any signs of surgical alteration that I know of.

morpheus282
10-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Plot holes aside, I liked the quadruped power droid and the ship Obi-Wan and Mace used to go to Mustafar.

Other than that, it was entertaining for the kids.

JediTricks
10-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I could swear we've already seen that Power Droid. Ok, yeah, we saw that 4-legged guy, he's the Plunk Droid (how clever), we saw him a few times in season 1.

Don't get me wrong, the show is still head and shoulders above other kiddie fare, and they actually deal with death in a mature way most of the time, but for Star Wars it's a mixed blessing.

sonofsokol
10-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Maybe it is just me, but does it seem like Admiral Yularen is sabotaging the Jedi a little bit? Here are a couple examples:

Children of the Force
He acted all snooty to Anakin's request to lock down the hyperdrive rings acted way too slowly and Bane got away.

Cargo of Doom
He huffs off after Anakin orders him to activate the AT-TEs to drop through space. And here is a quote from the Admiral: "Of all the Jedi, why did I have to end up with Skywalker?"

Maybe he just doesn't like Anakin... guess I can't blame him too much on that choice

El Chuxter
10-10-2009, 09:47 PM
He is trying to kill Anakin. He saw A New Hope already and knows he's doomed if he doesn't stop Vader early on.

Rocketboy
10-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Just wait until the killer rabbits show up in Season 3.
They'll show him who's boss.

El Chuxter
10-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh my God, that would be the BESTEST episode ever.

LUMINARA: "There it is!"
YULAREN: "What, behind the rabbit?"
LUMINARA: "It is the rabbit."
YULAREN: "Ahsoka, take care of it."
AHSOKA: "Right."
(Massive carnage ensues after the rabbit bites Ahsoka's head off.)
ANAKIN: "Run away! Run away!"
YULAREN: "How many did we lose?"
ANAKIN: "Ahsoka, Callista, Oppo, Rex, and Fordo."
YULAREN: "That's three."
OBI-WAN: "Five."
YULAREN: "Right, then. Five. Bring out the Holy Thermal Detonator. We must defeat that bunny."
JAXXON: "Who you callin' a bunny? I'm a Lepis Carnivorous!"

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Oh my God, that would be the BESTEST episode ever.

LUMINARA: "There it is!"
YULAREN: "What, behind the rabbit?"
LUMINARA: "It is the rabbit."
YULAREN: "Ahsoka, take care of it."
AHSOKA: "Right."
(Massive carnage ensues after the rabbit bites Ahsoka's head off.)
ANAKIN: "Run away! Run away!"
YULAREN: "How many did we lose?"
ANAKIN: "Ahsoka, Callista, Oppo, Rex, and Fordo."
YULAREN: "That's three."
OBI-WAN: "Five."
YULAREN: "Right, then. Five. Bring out the Holy Thermal Detonator. We must defeat that bunny."
JAXXON: "Who you callin' a bunny? I'm a Lepis Carnivorous!"

The Clones will soil their armor they'll be so scared.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Palpatine: "Now, do what must be done."
Anakin/Vader: "What is that, my master?"
Palpatine: "Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit..."

Obi-Wan: "Don't try it!"
Anakin/Vader: "Ahhhh!" [flips in air, Obi-Wan severs his left leg]
Obi-Wan: "You were the Chosen One!" [turns to leave]
Anakin/Vader: "What? You're done? Come back and fight me!"
Obi-Wan: "But your leg is cut off."
Anakin/Vader: "No it isn't."
Obi-Wan: "It's sitting right over there. You're hopping."
Anakin/Vader: "Are you poultken? Bok bokkbokk!"

"Tis but a cauterized wound..." blah blah blah
"Are you kicking me?" ... blah blah blah

Anakin/Vader: "... my new Empire."
Obi-Wan: "Your new Empire?"
Anakin/Vader [looks over at Padme]: "With huge... tracts of land."

morpheus282
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
At what point does the Spanish Inquisition show up?

Rocketboy
10-11-2009, 09:43 AM
"We are the Jedi Knights who say 'Ni!'"

"Bring out your dead Jedi!"

"He's a Sith! He turned me into a Hutt!"
"A Hutt?"
"I got better..."

Luke and Han running around Hoth with coconuts, then arguing with a Rebel soldier about which system they came from.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2009, 10:13 AM
At what point does the Spanish Inquisition show up?

When no one expects.

El Chuxter
10-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Everyone missed the important part that makes my version of the episode the best: a Jaxxon action figure! He's so goofy, it wouldn't matter to realistic collectors that he's animated-style. :)

Darth Metalmute
10-11-2009, 11:28 AM
:More of the same, except with torture, and Anakin's sacrificing of all the future Jedi children for Ahsoka was unacceptable, especially when there's no attempt to hide it! This should have been him getting bounced from the order, certainly anybody who makes this mistake shouldn't be complaining about not being made a master in Ep 3

Isn't that line of thought against the Jedi code? I thought the jedi valued all life equally. I was under the impression that was one of the reasonings to separate them from the sith. The sith would sacrifice lives for the greater good while jedi valued all life.

My biggest problem with that scene was that he unlocked the cube and then risked Ashoka's life by attacking. He could have attacked before he unlocked the cube and gotten the same result. If Bane would have activated the door, he could have used the force to press the button to shut it.

JediTricks
10-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Isn't that line of thought against the Jedi code? I thought the jedi valued all life equally. I was under the impression that was one of the reasonings to separate them from the sith. The sith would sacrifice lives for the greater good while jedi valued all life.

My biggest problem with that scene was that he unlocked the cube and then risked Ashoka's life by attacking. He could have attacked before he unlocked the cube and gotten the same result. If Bane would have activated the door, he could have used the force to press the button to shut it.
I don't remember any arguments from the Jedi core beliefs coming out that way. They kill their enemies when at risk. Ahsoka's life isn't worth saving over the lives of thousands of Force-sensitive children under any line of thinking, it's not logical to save one when sacrificing others. It's not like the Jedi were being asked to kill Ahsoka themselves, simply to not negotiate with a killer.

morpheus282
10-15-2009, 04:10 PM
On the bright side, I think this last episode was nominated for the Nobel prize for literature.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Everyone missed the important part that makes my version of the episode the best: a Jaxxon action figure! He's so goofy, it wouldn't matter to realistic collectors that he's animated-style. :)Now THAT'S a figure I would actually buy.

I have no rehearsals tonight, so I might be able to watch this one live for a change.

Rocketboy
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
No Ahsoka, no Ventress, no Cad Bane - I loved it.

JetsAndHeels
10-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Rocketboy, why don't you like Cad Bane again? Just wondering. I think he's a cool character.

I am loving this new season so far. Last night's ep was pretty darn good. Animated Poggle the Lesser FTW!! :)

morpheus282
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
No new episodes until Nov. 6th? WTF?

figrin bran
10-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Rocketboy, why don't you like Cad Bane again? Just wondering. I think he's a cool character.

I am loving this new season so far. Last night's ep was pretty darn good. Animated Poggle the Lesser FTW!! :)

I don't like Cad Bane too much either. I don't hate him either though.

Didn't really like the "Spy in the Senate" episode. Time and time again, the heroes walk blindly into traps this time with Padme falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book.

You just know an Anakin Naboo Pilot figure will be coming next year.

Tycho
10-18-2009, 04:12 AM
I loved the Spy In The Senate episode. Anakin was going through exactly the same stuff with Padme that I am currently going through and have always gone through with girls I like - dudes in the girls' past and whatever they might possibly be doing with them in the present, trust issues etc.

I loved it when Anakin swerved the ship hard and knocked that Senator Clovis into place!

Man, if I had the Force and the opportunity, would I ever be ruthless in that sort of situation. Actually, I'd hire my own spies, and hire spies to spy on the first spies I hired.

Good job, Anakin! Skywalker handled the situation very well, in my opinion.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Got the time mixed up (changed to 8pm instead of 9pm here) and didn't even think to DVR it. Oh well. It'll certainly be on sometime.

Rocketboy
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Rocketboy, why don't you like Cad Bane again? Just wondering. I think he's a cool character.The voice is totally unintelligible, far too low and mumbly. I struggle to understand what he's saying with every sentence.
His look is too old west inspired, especially that goofy-*ss hat.
Too much of a manufactured bad-*ss - the writer's are trying way too hard to make him the next Boba Fett.
I really hate the way he seems to ALWAYS have a back-up plan/way out (even though it's only been a few episodes), which makes the Jedi look like total idiots.

JediTricks
10-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I thought that was a totally boring episode. Not only are all the heroes incredibly stupid, but there was just so little story, the whole love-triangle thing that got played upon didn't have enough weight to it, and there was no action. This really felt like someone's pet episode that didn't get fully realized when they took it to the screen. I know they wanted to be like Hitchcock's "Notorious", but they didn't have enough time or character depth to make that work in a cartoon format.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
I thought that was a totally boring episode. Not only are all the heroes incredibly stupid, but there was just so little story, the whole love-triangle thing that got played upon didn't have enough weight to it, and there was no action.Because there wasn't really a love triangle.