PDA

View Full Version : First look at the new Clone Wars 'toon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

JediTricks
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I guess part of the problem is that they didn't do a convincing job of having Padme seduce Clovis, which sets off a chain of unconvincing behavior from Clovis and even Anakin because there's no weight to why any of them do anything and especially why Clovis' final choice betrays himself for her and why Anakin leaves him to die. Seeing it written on the page it actually seems like it had room to work, but since Padme and Anakin have a fate we already have seen play out in Ep 3, they couldn't tread hard enough onto that territory lest Anakin remain embittered towards Padme for being more committed to her perceived duty.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2009, 12:53 AM
I liked it a lot - another really good episode. It was nice to see more character-based stuff as opposed to just action, and I thought it was handled really well. Cato Neimoidia looked nice, too.

It always sounds like I'm trying to not look for faults in this show, but that's just because I can't really find any. :p :D

El Chuxter
10-19-2009, 02:31 AM
If you can't find faults, you're not watching closely enough. (I'm not being snide--I can give a laundry list of faults in any of my favorite shows. Except maybe Curb Your Enthusiasm, because it is the shiz.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2009, 02:40 AM
Then you need to go watch Curb Your Enthusiasm closer. :D

Sure, there are things I would have done differently here and there, but overall I love this show. I guess I was exaggerating when I said I find no faults - I just talk about the good stuff since it far outweighs any bad for me (at least, it does now - it wasn't really always that way with this show).

Tycho
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
If you can't find faults, you're not watching closely enough. (I'm not being snide--I can give a laundry list of faults in any of my favorite shows. Except maybe Curb Your Enthusiasm, because it is the shiz.)

Chux, I don't think there are any faults in "Girls Gone Wild."

Rocketboy
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Chux, I don't think there are any faults in "Girls Gone Wild."Joe Francis.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
So, I guess it was a rerun or no show this week. I forgot to set my DVR, but then I remembered this morning that I have a series recording set up for it, but nothing was recorded. Doesn't appear to be a new one next Friday. At least I couldn't find one on my on-screen guide.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2009, 02:49 PM
You're right - last night was Children of the Force again, and next week appears to be some Scooby-Doo crap. New episodes are back on November 6.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2009, 03:01 PM
You're right - last night was Children of the Force again, and next week appears to be some Scooby-Doo crap. New episodes are back on November 6.Scooby Doo, Jar Jar, about the same thing.

morpheus282
10-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Scooby Doo might actually make a better Star Wars character.

El Chuxter
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Scooby Doo is preferable. And I'm not talking about Sha'gai, either.

Frank Welker > Ahmed Best

sonofsokol
10-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Without a new episode to watch, I decided to check read through the episode guides on starwars.com for the episodes that have already been aired this season. If you haven't looked at them yet, they have a "trivia and details section for each episode. I didn't notice during the show, but they state on the site that "not a single blaster is fired in this episode, nor is a lightsaber ignited, nor does anything explode."

How crazy is that?!?

Tycho
10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I didn't notice during the show, but they state on the site that "not a single blaster is fired in this episode, nor is a lightsaber ignited, nor does anything explode."

How crazy is that?!?

But do they have burps, farts, and characters sticking out their tongues? Star Wars fans want to know. This is what made The Phantom Menace great!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2009, 08:30 PM
But do they have burps, farts, and characters sticking out their tongues? Star Wars fans want to know. This is what made The Phantom Menace great!And Return of the Jedi as well.

El Chuxter
10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I've never thought of it before: Blazing Saddles + Star Wars = The Phantom Menace.

Kidhuman
10-27-2009, 09:21 AM
was there a new episode this week?

DarkJedi5
10-27-2009, 10:23 AM
As far as I can tell there was no new episode last week (10/23) nor will there be a new one this week (10/30).

Ando
10-27-2009, 11:00 AM
New episodes start back up on Friday the 6th.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Too bad we didn't already have this discussion on the last page. Er, wait . . . :p

I think this starts the Geonosis arc, so that should be interesting. Technically I guess you could say it started with Senate Spy and Padmé finding the plans for the new droid factory, but I think they actually go there this next time.

2-1B
10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I haven't watched season 2 yet but I'm trying to get caught up...SW.com only has the last 2 episodes available online. Any idea where I can watch the first 2 ?

DarkJedi5
10-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I haven't watched season 2 yet but I'm trying to get caught up...SW.com only has the last 2 episodes available online. Any idea where I can watch the first 2 ?

You can buy the complete season 1 on Tuesday.

2-1B
10-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks but I need to watch the first 2 episodes of Season 2. :)

Rocketboy
11-01-2009, 08:30 AM
New episode on Wednesday, not Friday. A "Special Presentation."

JediTricks
11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Without a new episode to watch, I decided to check read through the episode guides on starwars.com for the episodes that have already been aired this season. If you haven't looked at them yet, they have a "trivia and details section for each episode. I didn't notice during the show, but they state on the site that "not a single blaster is fired in this episode, nor is a lightsaber ignited, nor does anything explode."

How crazy is that?!?Having watched the episode, I can believe it. Boring episode.

DarkArtist
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
New episode on Wednesday, not Friday. A "Special Presentation."

what time on wednesday ?? i just checked the cable channels and there is no listing. also I have the DVR set to tape Clone Wars whenever it's a first run episode and the DVR doesn't show it set to tape ?

i thought the season was going to come back on 11/6 ?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
The Cartoon Network website lists "Landing at Point Rain" as being on Wednesday at 8PM, but also on Friday at 8PM, Saturday at 8:30AM, and Sunday at 9PM.

JediTricks
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
It's not listed in my listings yet, but I notice a TBA (to be announced) slot for 5pm, the east coast equivalent of 8pm, so maybe that's it.

CN doesn't have much really going for it right now, they should air this show more often.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
My DVR looks like it is scheduled to record several times this week, but they all have generic descriptions. It doesn't have an 8PM Wednesday listing, but it does have 7:30PM.

Rocketboy
11-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Wednesday night at 8:00pm. (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Special_Broadcast_For_TCW_S2_EP_5_127366.asp)

El Chuxter
11-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Tonight, I was flipping through channels, and decided to give Clone Wars yet another shot. This was some rather silly episode about some Senator who'd gone Separatist, and had the hots for Padme, and she was spying on him, and apparently the atmosphere made her such a moron that she was poisoned by Lott Dodd, and it all sorta came together because it was written by a sixth grader, or something.

My daughter was looking at the screen.

"Who that?"
"C-3PO."
"Oh. I like C-PO. Who that?"
"That's Anakin. He's Luke's daddy."
"Oh. He does not look real. He has bad eyes. Who that?"
"That's Padme, Luke's mommy."
"She has bad eyes too. She is not real. I do not like them. I only like C-PO. He is nice. The others are not real. They are scary."

Conclusion: My daughter recognized at three that the animation and character design in this show reek. Therefore, she is awesome. There is hope for the next generation yet. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
11-02-2009, 02:51 AM
But she couldn't even get the name of the character she liked correct, so why trust a 3 year old?

JediTricks
11-02-2009, 05:29 AM
My DVR looks like it is scheduled to record several times this week, but they all have generic descriptions. It doesn't have an 8PM Wednesday listing, but it does have 7:30PM.Yeah, I hate that, programming doesn't list it as "new" or "repeat" so the DVR just treats it like it's new.

Tonight, I was flipping through channels, and decided to give Clone Wars yet another shot. This was some rather silly episode about some Senator who'd gone Separatist, and had the hots for Padme, and she was spying on him, and apparently the atmosphere made her such a moron that she was poisoned by Lott Dodd, and it all sorta came together because it was written by a sixth grader, or something.

My daughter was looking at the screen.

"Who that?"
"C-3PO."
"Oh. I like C-PO. Who that?"
"That's Anakin. He's Luke's daddy."
"Oh. He does not look real. He has bad eyes. Who that?"
"That's Padme, Luke's mommy."
"She has bad eyes too. She is not real. I do not like them. I only like C-PO. He is nice. The others are not real. They are scary."

Conclusion: My daughter recognized at three that the animation and character design in this show reek. Therefore, she is awesome. There is hope for the next generation yet. :DCan't speak to your daughter's lack of ability to grasp abstract art concepts, but you nailed that episode's descrip. Man did that ep suck eggs.

2-1B
11-02-2009, 06:32 PM
No offense to Little Miss Chuxter, but she's singing the praises of C-3PO, so I can't take her opinion seriously.
C-3PO.
Ugh.

So...nobody's got an idea on where to find the first 2 episodes of Season 2? :(

DarkJedi5
11-02-2009, 07:55 PM
So...nobody's got an idea on where to find the first 2 episodes of Season 2? :(

Hulu doesn't have them because Cartoon Network keeps a tight lid on that stuff (probably because of George) and StarWars.com only has the last couple episodes at a time. You'll probably have to wait for a mini-marathon to catch up, I think they did one a month or so into last season...?

Tycho
11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I can't wait to go to Wal-Mart about mid-nite tonght to buy the COMPLETE FIRST SEASON of Clone Wars on DVD!!!

I prepared for the occasion today by watching the Clone Wars movie from 2008.

However, I do not think I really "got my nerd on" yet.

I will probably stay up all night watching all the episodes - as I missed so many of them this is all going to be very new to me.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I will just saunter over to some store, maybe tomorrow, and get it. I value my sleep more than my collectibles... by a little bit. ;)

DarkJedi5
11-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Pre-orded mine from Amazon, what I saved on the dvds allowed me to get them shipped two-day and I still paid less than the MSRP! Should be arriving sometime tomorrow afternoon....

El Chuxter
11-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I plan to be the first in line at Best Buy tomorrow to get the DVD!!

...of G.I.Joe: Resolute.

Ando
11-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I'll be heading to Target on my lunch hour to pick up the season 1 DVD set. I am VERY excited!

Tycho
11-03-2009, 11:47 AM
It's packaged like a hardcover book with art sample pages in the inside - really collectible.

I've only watched the first DVD, then I had to turn in and sleep by 3am.

I saw shows I'd already seen:

Yoda and some clones on Toydaria.

The fight to destroy the Malevolence

Cody and Rex go to a moon and confront Assassin Droids ("Rookies")

Actually, "Rookies" was by far the coolest episode!

I'm going to watch more today.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
My DVR recorded a couple episodes today, but it wasn't Clone Wars.

Tycho
11-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Love the episodes where Luminara fights Ventress and they are betrayed by Republic Guard Captain Arygus.

Then the 2-part episode where Dooku is captured by pirates, and Anakin and Obi-Wan land in the middle of the pirates' trap!

Pirates are cool! I can't wait for that Weequay figure!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Damn, now THAT was an episode! Some of the jokes were a little corny, but nothing too bad. The animation and action was just so far above and beyond anything we've seen that it was insane. Seeing the characters get cut or covered in dirt was really cool, and it was great to see Ki-Adi-Mundi finally and to have Waxer and Boil again. Just the sheer scale of everything was amazing. I loved the long shot of Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, and the clones running up to destroy the factory; the episode guide said it was a nod to The Longest Day, which I haven't seen. It'll be cool to see Barriss next week.

Tycho
11-05-2009, 12:53 AM
I missed this because I was volunteering at the hospital (I help other transplant patients like myself). I will check to see if it is being replayed tonight.

I think my TV will be cut-off at midnight though. Direct TV's contract with my building has ended then officially, and Time-Warner Cable won't be here to connect me until Monday. :upset:

But I get to continue watching all the season 1 episodes I'd never seen before because of that new nifty DVD set :Yes:

So was tonight some kind of special? Hour-long even?

Will it be part of the regular Season 2 episode count?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2009, 01:12 AM
So was tonight some kind of special? Hour-long even?

Will it be part of the regular Season 2 episode count?
It was only considered special because of its Wednesday airdate. It will also be airing in its normal time on Friday, but it seems they wanted to show it early to make up for there not having been a new episode for three weeks. It was a normal half-hour episode and is as much a part of season two as any of the preceding four episodes or following 17.

I'm still thinking about how amazing this one was. Pretty great stuff.

lifeinabox
11-05-2009, 03:03 AM
It was only considered special because of its Wednesday airdate. It will also be airing in its normal time on Friday, but it seems they wanted to show it early to make up for there not having been a new episode for three weeks. It was a normal half-hour episode and is as much a part of season two as any of the preceding four episodes or following 17.

I'm still thinking about how amazing this one was. Pretty great stuff.
That and generate buzz for the DVD release. It was an hour's worth of action packed into at 20 min episode. Amazing indeed.

jonthejedi
11-05-2009, 04:43 AM
If that episode wasn't STAR WARS in all caps...I don't know what was. It's Saving Private Ryan-Lucas style. To quote Comic Book Guy...best episode ever! By the way, Hasbro, we want action figures(pronto) of every new design in that episode...especially the flametrooper. Also great to see Geonosians really coming at our boys like freakin' bats out of hell, ripping their helmets off & such. It was also the first time I suffered any kind of emotional concern for a character-Obi-wan! I really starting fearing for his safety.

Ando
11-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm in the same boat as everyone else here, that was a GREAT episode!

I really enjoyed seeing some new clone armor like the 212th ARF Trooper armor and the Galactic Marine armor (similar to the winter gear Rex and his men wore last season) and the troopers with the flamethrowers (what were those guys called?).

It was also nice to see the Y Wings again and a first appearance by the turret pods on the gunships.

morpheus282
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Kinda odd that the last new episode had absolutely no violence, no blasters, lightsabers, explosions, nothing, and this one was violence from the five minute mark until the end. The burning Geonosians was a little more than I thought I'd ever see from Star Wars.

Tycho
11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Didn't you ever burn bugs with a magnifying glass as a kid? :evil:

J/K - with regards to myself anyway. I was always nice to animals as a child.

However, I got sent to the principal's office in Kindergarten when I grabbed another kid by the throat and said in a menacing voice: "Several transmissions were beamed to your ship by Rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you!"

It was not a diplomatic mission.

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow, based on the reviews this episode is getting I need to watch it ASAP. I have it recorded on my dvr from last night, so once my shows are over tonight I will watch it.

jonthejedi
11-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Trust us...it warrants repeat viewing!

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm not as taken with this episode as you guys. There were some exciting moments, but some of the battle stuff felt very pedestrian, there weren't a believable amount of enemy troops to put up that much resistance, and there wasn't all that much story or character stuff going on, it was JUST battle sequences. And if Obi-Wan isn't that badly injured, why is he waiting for someone to save his skin? I'll give it a second watch soon, but all in all, I thought it was a good video game cut scene but not so much a television show.

sonofsokol
11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I just watched last night's episode... amazing!
Especially following that last episode where there was not a single laser blast or light saber ignited this was crazy awesome. I watched with my 4-year-old and my wife. My son kept commenting on all the new cool clones that we saw and how he wanted figures of them... I could sense my wife adding up the $$$ that we would be spending on new figures from this episode alone.:yes:

When Anakin threw Rex in the air and then jumped off the big wall my son gasped when Rex stopped just short of the ground.

I seriously almost started cheering when the Y-wings finally arrived for backup. I may just have to buy one of those after all

Fun episode... I hope they keep that pace up!:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
And next week, Chux gets to see Bariss Offee. :D Might want to watch sans the little one. ;)

I was also shocked to see Rex go over like that, and I remembered my science, where objects fall at the same rate, and wondered where Rex went. But then, there he was, not dead of a heart attack before impact. :whew: The disclaimer that this episode had "moderate" violence? Hmm...

Kidhuman
11-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Dang I missed it, Time to DVr it.

Snowtrooper
11-07-2009, 12:13 PM
I seriously almost started cheering when the Y-wings finally arrived for backup. I may just have to buy one of those after all.

Their appearance was pretty cool. I liked howl they made when they were dive bombing the enemy, sort of reminiscent of the German Stukas during WWII. Lucas has been influenced by WWII history & films, throughout the years and incorporated it into the SW films many times.

The episode was pretty good in spite of not having much of a plot. I thought the battle sequences were better than the Geonosis battle on AOTC.

Rocketboy
11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Pretty disappointing yet again. Ki Adi Mundi has a horrible look.
The action was very well done (the only real highlight of the episode), but as usual, everything just seems far too easy for the good guys. If they're not gonna lose a big battle once in a while then this war should've been over with weeks, not years.

Mundi should have scolded Anakin and Ahsoka and taken them down a notch for their little competition.

morpheus282
11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree that Ki Adi Mundi looked horrible. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that it was him. I think the whole competition thing was lost on Mundi, but I agree that someone should have really chastised them over it. I kept waiting for one of the clones to start cutting wings off the dead Geonosians, but after the lecture on keeping droid fingers last season I doubt it'll happen.

Sooner or later, they're going to have to lose a major battle. Perhaps there will be a major story arc panning three or four episodes where the Republic loses world after world and finally holds their own somewhere near the core.

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah, that's right, Ki-Adi-Mundi's look was dreadful, I meant to complain about that! His eyebrows are an entirely separate piece, for corn's sake! I know they're bushy in the movies, but they're not a hard geometric shape just sitting in front of his head!!! And his head was the wrong shape to boot.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I also forgot (guess I tried to Jedi-mind-trick purge it out of my short-term memory) about Ky-Adi-Mundi's mooshed head and brows. I always thought his name was Kee-Adi-Mundi. Oh well; something else gone wrong.

figrin bran
11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Like Tycho, I liked the Cloak of Darkness episode the best.

I didn't feel this one was on that level but I'll watch it again soon.

I actually like the design for Ki-Adi but didn't like the one for Bacara and his troops.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Mundi should have scolded Anakin and Ahsoka and taken them down a notch for their little competition.He sort of did take them down a notch when he ended with a higher total then they did.

I didn't think Ki-Adi looked that bad. What I thought was a bit contradictory was that he said "there's no such thing as luck", but later says, "with any luck."

JediTricks
11-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I hear atheists say "oh my god" all the time, so I guess it falls into that category, but it is a good catch.

LTBasker
11-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Bane makes the Jedi look like incompetent morons.
I'm really sick of them throwing in classic lines and other things just for fun. "No, lock them all down! Hurry!" :rolleyes:

On a random pick I recently saw the start of that episode to see if the show has gotten better, and that few minutes of footage was enough to continue to keep me away from this show. Ahsoka was pretty useless, which wasn't surprising, as she mostly just flopped over at the first hit from Bane. The most baffling thing was the ANH quote, though. What was the point? Anakin was demanding that ALL of the rings get shut down, never once did he specify a single one, then the Admiral had to say "No, shut them all down!"? It was one of the most moronic and pandersome attempts at a homage I've ever seen.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
"No, shut them all down!"? It was one of the most moronic and pandersome attempts at a homage I've ever seen.Actually, I never thought the line in ANH was necessary. Luke says shut them all down, and then C-3PO says "No, shut them all down." I can only assume that R2 was questioning him, but since when is R2 the dumb one?

LTBasker
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Luke was being somewhat specific, he was saying to shut down all of the ones on the detention level. That could take time for R2 to isolate them, so 3PO just told R2 to shut "them all" - every single one on the station - down.

JediTricks
11-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Actually, I never thought the line in ANH was necessary. Luke says shut them all down, and then C-3PO says "No, shut them all down." I can only assume that R2 was questioning him, but since when is R2 the dumb one?
Funny, I was just thinking about that line this afternoon, and postulating that R2 was asking him which masher specifically to shut down. After all, he didn't have the commlink in his hand, he couldn't hear Luke too well, only 3PO could. Basker's theory that 3PO meant to shut every masher on the whole station down is a new one to me, it's just as likely I suppose but having tried to shut down something that broad at once on my PC, it's not the ideal way to do it. That's a lot of thinking to back-retcon a line. :p

They had another one of those silly OT lines this week as well, and to be honest, it's something that generally leaves a bad taste and lingers too long after, it comes off as a distraction more than an homage.

JEDIpartner
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Just reading through these posts, I noticed a number of people griping week after week about the same things. That leads me to wonder why you bother tuning in at all! I'm not defending the show or anything, I'm just making an observation. It's like knowing that your mom can't make pizza, but you ask for it every week and then complain about how bad it is. Why do you even waste your time? So, unlike your mother's feelings being hurt if you just stopped eating her pizza, I don't think Lucasfilm will have hurt feelings if you stop watching. LOL

That's just something I thought I'd throw out there since I took note.

JediTricks
11-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Hope that it'll get better?

pbarnard
11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hope that it'll get better?--in one hand

Sumthin' sumthin' in the other...

Which gets filled first?:thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Slicker's mom.

What? She likes to eat a lot of candy.

darthbooger
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I dont know what disturbs me more, the possibility that Jeditricks may be an air traffic controller and thinks about Star Wars during the day, or that I really want pizza now. :evil:

El Chuxter
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I usually avoid it, but, whenever I'm in the mood to watch TV and nothing else is on, I'll watch in the vain hope it's gotten better, at least for as long as my mind can take the torture.

JEDIpartner
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I haven't really come here to discuss the episodes 'cos I really don't find that they have much merit. I just enjoy them for what they are and I let them fall away. I don't care whether there is a continuity issue or how stupid the plot might be. It's comic strip fare and it's meant to be enjoyed on the surface level and never revisited.

El Chuxter
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Okay, I feel I should preface this by saying I'm being serious, because this will sound a lot like one of my stupid jokes, but you're really selling comics short in your post, JP. I've never read any comic book as banal as Clone Wars. Well, unless you count Rob Liefeld and the cult of mediocrity he inspired in the 1990s, but I consider those to be fanfics that were somehow published.

JediTricks
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I dont know what disturbs me more, the possibility that Jeditricks may be an air traffic controller and thinks about Star Wars during the day, or that I really want pizza now. :evil:
I might be a what now???

darthbooger
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Holy crappamonkey!!! He is an Air Traffic Controller and he doesnt know it !! :eek:

Blue2th
11-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I liked this first episode of Season 2. More action than AOTC, they were mentioning, and I agree.
Pretty much a WWII scenario, which they mentioned Lucas being a fan of all the WWII flicks, wanted in this episode, with the airforce saving the day near the end.
The Geonosian camouflage Bacara and his troops had was cool. Nice to see something besides white armor.
When they pulled up the flame throwers and fried some bugs they should have done it earlier in that cave.
Screaming Troopers being carried off by Geonosians to god knows where (dropped on the rocks, eaten, mauled to death?) would terrify a little kid.

The Geonosian grimacing in his machine gun nest while firing, a nice touch.

So, I wonder if Hasbro will re-issue the Geonosian Fighter now?

Tycho
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
JediTricks is an air traffic controller?

pbarnard
11-09-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll ask if my brother has met him at Oklahoma City training...

darthbooger
11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
No No NO Jeditricks is not an air traffic controller ....it was a joke :frus:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2009, 01:15 AM
I haven't really come here to discuss the episodes 'cos I really don't find that they have much merit. I just enjoy them for what they are and I let them fall away. I don't care whether there is a continuity issue or how stupid the plot might be. It's comic strip fare and it's meant to be enjoyed on the surface level and never revisited.

Okay, I feel I should preface this by saying I'm being serious, because this will sound a lot like one of my stupid jokes, but you're really selling comics short in your post, JP. I've never read any comic book as banal as Clone Wars. Well, unless you count Rob Liefeld and the cult of mediocrity he inspired in the 1990s, but I consider those to be fanfics that were somehow published.

You're also selling The Clone Wars short. Reading and listening to interviews with Dave Filoni, it's clear that they're trying for real character-driven situations and for development to happen over time, and it's definitely happening if you're paying attention. They also try to inject lessons throughout the show and several episodes have featured real moral questions. They might not be doing it well in your eyes, but they're at least trying for it. To dismiss it as junk is just a little off the mark, but if that's how you enjoy it, then hey, it's all good.

El Chuxter
11-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Maybe I tend to be a bit harsh on the story aspects of Clone Wars because they hyped it, and still do, as "groundbreaking" and "like nothing you've seen before." So far, I've seen nothing unusually great about it; take away the Star Wars name and characters, and it's like a dozen or a hundred action cartoons that came before it. "Banal" doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's not original or exceptional. I know I'm predisposed to be more critical of anything that the creator(s) tout as the second coming. It's watchable, even when it's what I would consider bad (the episode with Padme getting poisoned was definitely bad); maybe if I cared about any of the characters going in (ROTS ruined even Anakin and Padme for me, with its lackluster character arcs, and Cad Clone comes across as even more an attempt at a manufactured "fan favorite" than the Fett man himself), I might be more interested, and forgive the poor character design and sometime sloppy animation.

If there's a Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76 hiding somewhere in Clone Wars, with something that's truly groundbreaking and masterfully done mixed in with something even the creators think of only as mindless entertainment, I've not seen any evidence of it.

JEDIpartner
11-10-2009, 08:57 AM

I didn't say comic "book". I said comic "strip"... like in the daily paper. I'd never sell a comic book/graphic novel short!!!

You're also selling The Clone Wars short. Reading and listening to interviews with Dave Filoni, it's clear that they're trying for real character-driven situations and for development to happen over time, and it's definitely happening if you're paying attention. They also try to inject lessons throughout the show and several episodes have featured real moral questions. They might not be doing it well in your eyes, but they're at least trying for it. To dismiss it as junk is just a little off the mark, but if that's how you enjoy it, then hey, it's all good.

I totally get what you are saying. And what I'M saying is that I am enjoying it on the personal level that I do. I'm not picking it all apart like everyone else. Continuity and logic be damned, I look forward to each episode. I don't think I've ever been disappointed because I'm not nitpicking ever millisecond of each episode. I went into it as "entertainment" and not something to change my world or to challenge me.

Maybe I tend to be a bit harsh on the story aspects of Clone Wars because they hyped it, and still do, as "groundbreaking" and "like nothing you've seen before." [snip] and forgive the poor character design and sometime sloppy animation.

Really? I think the animation and character design is quite good... especially for television! While it's not up to PIXAR levels, how could it be? They are producing a weekly television series. For that, I think they are light years ahead of the game. I don't think PIXAR would even do as well with a weekly series as they do with their own films!

I find the textures and designs to be quite rich. The fact that skies look like pastel drawings or watercolours that contrast with the more angular and deliberate characters, geography and ships is awesome! The "brushstrokes" on the armour, clothing and faces is really something to be admired!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I totally get what you are saying. And what I'M saying is that I am enjoying it on the personal level that I do. I'm not picking it all apart like everyone else. Continuity and logic be damned, I look forward to each episode. I don't think I've ever been disappointed because I'm not nitpicking ever millisecond of each episode. I went into it as "entertainment" and not something to change my world or to challenge me.
Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification.

Really? I think the animation and character design is quite good... especially for television! While it's not up to PIXAR levels, how could it be? They are producing a weekly television series. For that, I think they are light years ahead of the game. I don't think PIXAR would even do as well with a weekly series as they do with their own films!

I find the textures and designs to be quite rich. The fact that skies look like pastel drawings or watercolours that contrast with the more angular and deliberate characters, geography and ships is awesome! The "brushstrokes" on the armour, clothing and faces is really something to be admired!
I completely agree here. Flipping through channels, I've stopped on CGI shows here and there, and none of them even hold a candle to TCW. Sometimes, the details on this show are a little muted since I'm not getting them in HD . . . seeing the pictures that are posted on the official site and getting to look at all the detail is just amazing, though. The animation keeps getting better and better, too, so to me, it's just fantastic every time.

El Chuxter
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
True, Clone Wars is better animated than most 3D CG cartoons. However, most are really shoddy "bargain basement" cartoons (the sort that come on Saturday mornings and last maybe a year, if that, because even little kids hate them), are geared toward very small kids and go for simplicity, or are very old. Clone Wars looks better than older CG cartoons that made an effort to be good, like Reboot or Beast Wars... but does it really look fifteen years better?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Even though we've covered this before, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omjh4QWNB8w) is the most recent clip I could find of Reboot on a quick search. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rXTqxyaYk) is some Beast Wars. Here (http://starwars.com/video/view/000899.html) is the latest episode of The Clone Wars. Compare for yourself. I really do think it looks a whole hell of a lot better, in terms of framing (it looks like a real movie while the others used bizarre, unrealistic shots), texture (why is everything so damn shiny in the old shows?), and movement (TCW has improved exponentially in this area in the last year, too).

Looking at CGI as a whole, though, how much has it really improved since, say, Jurassic Park?

Tycho
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
OK, so they cloned JediTricks and they're putting these clones through training in Oklahoma City in order for them to become air traffic controllers.

I understand now.

Blue2th
11-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll have to say that quite frankly I'm sick of the Pixar and whatever the other film studio is, animation.
The way it's done, one flick looks like the next one and so on and so forth. Nothing new.
To see something like Clone Wars animation, though I had to get used to the characters, is refreshing and different from the norm.
I especially like the "brushstrokes" on the characters.

JediTricks
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
The Geonosian camouflage Bacara and his troops had was cool. Nice to see something besides white armor.It NEVER occurred to me that they were wearing Geonosian camo colors in that ep. I feel stupid for not noticing that's why they were those colors.

Rocketboy
11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I keep watching because this show has shown the possibility to be good, but more often than not it fails with poor character design, poor characters and poor scripts.

Destroy Malevolence, Cloak of Darkness, Bombad Jedi and 2/3 of the Ryloth trilogy were all good and showed what quality writing can do for the show.

Then we have crap fests like Dooku Captured, the Aayla Secura episodes, the Blue Shadow episodes and anything with Cad Bane.

The show has also been overhyped by the creators. Rookies was often described as being the Star Wars version of Band of Brothers, but they failed miserably. I find that any time they focus on clones, I get bored.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Don't feel bad, JT. I realized that Cad Bane is a Duros just a little bit ago, despite him looking just like one.

JediTricks
11-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Hey, just got a press release from Lucasfilm, it says the next episode is at 9pm instead of 8 this Friday. Why do they keep letting this happen? When CN screws with the schedule, it kills a show. That is a given, 100% of the time.

JEDIpartner
11-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Even though we've covered this before, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omjh4QWNB8w) is the most recent clip I could find of Reboot on a quick search. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rXTqxyaYk) is some Beast Wars. Here (http://starwars.com/video/view/000899.html) is the latest episode of The Clone Wars. Compare for yourself. I really do think it looks a whole hell of a lot better, in terms of framing (it looks like a real movie while the others used bizarre, unrealistic shots), texture (why is everything so damn shiny in the old shows?), and movement (TCW has improved exponentially in this area in the last year, too).

Looking at CGI as a whole, though, how much has it really improved since, say, Jurassic Park?

It's CLEARLY better. There's no doubt about it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Tonight's episode was pretty good, but really nothing too amazing. I liked the bickering between Anakin and Ahsoka at the start, and seeing the Republic more or less get beat by the Separatists for once (if they didn't lose, they certainly took a beating). The super tanks were pretty cool; I liked the effect of the rockets coming out, and towards the camera.

The thing that bugged me was that there was not a whole lot of build-up to Ahsoka and Barriss sacrificing themselves. It was pretty much, "well, we have no choice, so let's do this thing," and I think it could have had more weight if they drew it out more.

After last week's show, though, it's hard not to feel that this one was a little "meh."

sonofsokol
11-14-2009, 01:38 AM
I thought this was a good episode too. They seem to be making Luminara's character a bit too stiff, wound a bit too tight perhaps. If you stuck a lump of coal...

I thought the music was pretty good in this too. When the Ahsoka and Barriss were ready to sacrifice themselves the music was pretty dramatic. Good stuff. I keep wondering how they are going to deal with Ahsoka as this progresses... will she go dark side? will she die? Who knows.

I hope we get a Poggle the Lesser and/or a generic Geonosian Warrior for this line. They look pretty cool on the show. I wouldn't mind a Barriss Offee either, especially since we haven't had one in any format for a while now.

2 great episodes in a row after that Senate Spy clunker.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2009, 02:35 AM
With the show being on at 9PM and Dollhouse not being on, I was able to watch it live this time. I have my DVR set to record new episodes, so it was kind of odd that my DVR didn't record it, but looks like it will record it on Saturday.

Rocketboy
11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I missed the East coast broadcast at 8pm, so when I tuned in to the West coast broadcast at 11pm, it wasn't Clone Wars. They were showing some show I've never heard of.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-14-2009, 04:55 PM
I missed the East coast broadcast at 8pm, so when I tuned in to the West coast broadcast at 11pm, it wasn't Clone Wars. They were showing some show I've never heard of.
They moved it back to 9, remember?

Rocketboy
11-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I probably had the times mixed up.
Whenever it was, when I got home around 9:45pm (eastern) I checked the onscreen guide and set my auto timer to change the channel for Clone Wars on the West coast feed and when it switched at that time it wasn't Star Wars like I'd set it for.

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 01:26 AM
My DVR had problems with the changed timeslot, turns out it was in conflict with something else by 1 minute so it didn't record it at all and I had to record it this morning instead. VCR would have just started recording after that 1 minute conflict with the other 2 shows, technology really is 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

Next week is also airing at 9pm.

I felt like this was an ok episode but needed a second part just to really do the characters and their actions enough justice, it felt a little too much like they sacrificed the character interactions for moving the story along. And I utterly HATED Luminara, I already disliked the character design, but her personality here was very snotty and annoying, as were her choices. Really, the only way to get through is to send 2 padawans, not 2 Jedi, or 2 Jedi and 2 padawans, or 1 Jedi and 1 padawan??? Oh man, and that painfully obvious way of dealing with the enemy troops while the Jedi pulled a Spider-man move out of nowhere, that was left field.

Also, if these Super Tanks are such hot stuff and so impervious, how is it that a lightsaber cut right through them?

The thing that bugged me was that there was not a whole lot of build-up to Ahsoka and Barriss sacrificing themselves. It was pretty much, "well, we have no choice, so let's do this thing," and I think it could have had more weight if they drew it out more.I agree on this, it was definitely overplayed to the point where I kept wondering if there was something more coming.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-15-2009, 01:39 AM
I felt like this was an ok episode but needed a second part just to really do the characters and their actions enough justice, it felt a little too much like they sacrificed the character interactions for moving the story along. And I utterly HATED Luminara, I already disliked the character design, but her personality here was very snotty and annoying, as were her choices.I thought the personality seemed to fit. It's been a while since I read The Approaching Storm, so I can't recall how she was in that. I know people have complained about other characters' voices, so I was thinking of that while hearing her speak in this episode. I thought that her voice seemed to fit.

Also, if these Super Tanks are such hot stuff and so impervious, how is it that a lightsaber cut right through them?I believe that in the ANH radio drama, Obi-Wan said that lightsabers can cut through anything.

I forgot to look when I was at Wal-Mart, but while I was at Target I couldn't find the DVD of Season 1. All I found was the 4 episode release that came out a while back.

JediTricks
11-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Cortosis.

Look at how much trouble Qui-Gon had getting his lightsaber to cut through the door to the bridge of the Trade Federation Battleship, and it's a DOOR. These supertanks took fire that would raze a normal tank in a single shot, all without taking any damage whatsoever, the only thing that scratched them was a Wile E. Coyote-esque trip to the bottom of a very deep canyon, yet the lightsaber goes through the hull like butter. IMO, you can't make a story point out of a new weapon that's impervious to attack and then later have someone just sneeze their way into it, that is too inconsistent.

El Chuxter
11-16-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm not complaining, but did they completely throw out every fact and bit of backstory about Barriss, or something? I just read an article and watched a clip at Newsarama, and she's slightly older than Ahsoka and still a Padawan?

Really, this is a pretty big re-write. Barriss was more experienced than Anakin when we first met her in The Approaching Storm (the AOTC prequel novel), became a Knight before Anakin did, and served the latter half of the Clone Wars (when this show takes place) as a healer. Instead of chilling with Hannah Jedanna, she should be off in her own kick-arse duology right now.

Even if they did toss all that out, the actress who played her in AOTC is almost exactly four years old than Hayden Christiansen. Physically, there's no mistaking her in AOTC for a tweeniebopper, or youngling, which Ahsoka would've been at that time. The character should be a comparable age with Anakin.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2009, 02:05 AM
I did wonder about the Barriss age thing, but I just assumed she was still around Anakin's age (20), so I placed her at about 18 or 19, which still fits. Her *ahem* traits in the show lead me to believe she's at least a few years older than Ahsoka. But in the show, they only said they were both Padawans, not that they were the same age.

Where does she become a Knight? I mean, in what book? Wookieepedia lists nothing about it (it's not some revisionism, either - I checked several days ago and it wasn't there then). The voice actress mentioned in an interview that Barriss is a healer (though that didn't come up in this episode), so I assume they looked at her EU background before making this episode.

the latter half of the Clone Wars (when this show takes place)
Back it up, there, Sparky. Says who? Nobody has placed this on the timeline yet. As I recall, the first 20 CW microseries chapters (and whichever ones feature Anakin with short hair in the second season) took place four months after AOTC. The books and comics conflicted with the microseries quite a lot (at least with how Anakin was knighted), but I have no problem setting this series shortly after that. (Obi-Wan got Anakin as a Padawan the exact same time he was made a Knight, so it's possible that Anakin got Ahsoka pretty quickly, too.)

El Chuxter
11-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Okay, maybe the second two-thirds. :D I was basing that on the initial comments (which, I think, have not been actually confirmed) that the show more or less took place during the "montage" bit in season 3 of the Tartakovksy series. Anakin in the novels didn't become a Knight until Jedi Trial, about six months prior to ROTS. Obviously, neither cartoon series jives with that, so it has to be moved back at least a year (IIRC, the "official" retcon is that Anakin was knighted before his official trial, with his duel against Asajj being the "unofficial" trials).

Barriss was knighted at the end of the Medstar Duology of novels, which take place several months prior to Jedi Trial. Wookieepedia says she was knighted in season 2 of the cartoon, after the Battle of Ilum, but, honestly, as many times as I've seen it, I don't recall that. In any case, she should be older than Anakin, was a Padawan before him, and became a Knight before him.

I'm not complaining because I like the character and don't like the change; I like the character and therefore the change stands out more. Honestly, I wouldn't care one freaking bit, except that the Medstar Duology was so good, it's impossible not to like her after reading them. (My first thoughts were, "How the hell am I going to read an entire chapter, much less two books, about this boring background Jedi?")

Y'know, now that I'm thinking about this more, my dislike of the animation aside, what bothers me about the Clone Wars is more about the Clone Wars in general, rather than the movie and TV show. From the beginning, it's been something of an unplanned mess. It'd be easy to blame Lucas, but he's pretty hands-off. I'm going to get serious flak, but, probably because the Clone Wars aren't shown in the "canon" movies and everyone wanted to tell the story, they've pushed Star Wars into Star Trek territory. Rather than a tightly-managed continuity (with Lucas exercising veto power), it's become a multitude of contradictory stories. (With Star Trek you get "unofficial," yet published, books about Kirk's return. Here, you get comics, novels, and two cartoon series that only jive in that Anakin Skywalker is the main character.) How many different origins of Grievous or first duels between Grievous and Jedi have there been? Asajj Ventress has fallen to her death six or seven or forty times, and gotten better each time. Anakin's got a Padawan, despite there being no way she'd be old enough to be a Knight by ROTS, and, if she dies, it looks like it'd be worthy of a mention onscreen.

Maybe, in a way, Lucas is responsible. He sort of set the precedent for making the Clone Wars a confusing mess when, in AOTC, they were nothing like what we were told in 1980 and 1991. (And how many different times have people tried to explain the throwaway line in the ESB novelization about the Jedi defeating the Mandaloreans during the Clone Wars?)

Y'know (again), perhaps I don't give Lucas proper credit. He's an excellent storyteller when it comes to telling a linear story. It's when he goes out of order, and he's let other people fill in blanks that he now doesn't like because he's twenty years older, and he tries to revise the earlier story instead of making the newer chapters fit with what came before, that he seems to suffer. It probably wouldn't even matter if Star Wars weren't the biggest film series ever.

JediTricks
11-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Just watch the show, man.

Screw the comics and books as canon sources, they ain't and you should know better.

El Chuxter
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Even when Lucas says a cartoon is canon until he replaces it with another? :p

Or when the show contradicts the movies? Maybe Aayla Secura can be the next Padawan; she seems to have the Ahsoka look down. Heck, let's go for broke and say that Agen Kolar is now a youngling.

If the script called for a young Padawan, and someone wanted an existing character, why not Sarissa Jeng (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sarissa_Jeng)? Wookieepedia lists her as a Knight; however, there are no sources listed, and I've always seen her as a Padawan otherwise. Even if not, it's not like she is one of the rare non-core characters to have entire novels written about her, so, in my mind, the only change would be saying she didn't die, which wasn't shown onscreen, and, hey, Jedi coming back from the dead in the Clone Wars must happen every week, right, K'kruhk? Or use Etain Tur-Makan, who I thought was "Hi-Yaah Girl" until they gave her a name.

Wait, I'm trying to make sense of the Clone Wars. Eh, I'll just avoid the show and not criticize it. It's not my cup of tea, and I doubt it ever will be, even if there was an episode that was all Jawas and Dewbacks dancing to Megadeth, with a cameo by Alton Brown as 2-1B. I feel like I'm starting to sound like a peachy old man.

pbarnard
11-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Screw the comics and books as canon sources, they ain't and you should know better.

Sure, than why bother trying to have a continuity at all? Heaven forbid that if you want to write a project you have to be constrained by it, but if you make a show you can go over anything including the movies. :p I'm with Chux on this. I mean they made up a Mon Cal Jedi to go with Kit Fisto in Greivous' lair, so it would be just as easy to make up another younger padawan, a foil for Ahsoka, and give that one to another Jedi already there on Geonosis. Unless Cartoon Network is going their usual route and going to kill CW after 3 seasons.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Again, I don't think the age thing is an issue. If you think the Padawan/Knight thing is wrong, then be my guest. But nothing on the show indicated that Barriss was supposed to be the same age as Ahsoka, just that they were both Padawans. Obi-Wan was a Padawan until he was 25, so maybe Barriss is similar?

El Chuxter
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Obi-Wan was also a washout to the Agri-Corps and partnered with a Master that the Council didn't like and thought was nuts.

Not disagreeing with you, since you have a point... But I bet they regretted that decision when he became the second best warrior in the Order, you think?

Tycho
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I was just checking and there was no sign of Ahsoka Tano's lightsaber here.

But Jedi who wash out don't get to play in the Major Leagues.

Now do you think they let her bring it on the plane with her?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2009, 08:24 AM
I was just checking and there was no sign of Ahsoka Tano's lightsaber here.

Now do you think they let her bring it on the plane with her?You never saw any lightsaber... :handwave: :tired:

Finally watched it last night. Bariss' strict adherence to rules seemed too unnatural. "What'll we do? One thing changed the plan! AAAHHHHHHH!!!" At least now we know that Lucas is willing to almost kill main characters, i.e. Ahsoka.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-21-2009, 12:52 AM
I thought tonight's episode was pretty great, at least a step up from last week. The first act was a little slow (but I LOVED the animation on the sandstorm), but after that, things were damn creepy. It was interesting that it seemed to be so similar to Deathtroopers, even though the official site said they were produced independently. The zombie Geonosians were freaky and not too out of place, and I really liked Karina's voice, as it sounded like you'd expect how a Geonosian speaking English would sound.

I kept expecting Queen Karina to start producing Slurm. :p

Rocketboy
11-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Two episodes in a row I've missed. Cartoon Network used to show it numerous times all week. I didn't see last week's episode come up again after Saturday morning.

Just found out today that the chick that does the voice of Ventress also did the "Give it to me baby" part in the Offspring's "Pretty Fly For A White Guy."

Darth Metalmute
11-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I kept expecting Queen Karina to start producing Slurm.

I know how's its made yet I still want some.:Ponder:

I'm curious if the writers of Clone Wars and the writers of Fringe got together last month for a writers convention.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-21-2009, 11:17 AM
I was thinking, if I had a little boy or girl, how I'd have handled this episode. It was pretty scary, for an under 10-year old's mind, I believe. But it was cool and well-animated to set the proper moods, depending on whether it was indoors or out in the storm.

Another 2-week layoff, though. :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Two episodes in a row I've missed. Cartoon Network used to show it numerous times all week. I didn't see last week's episode come up again after Saturday morning.

Just found out today that the chick that does the voice of Ventress also did the "Give it to me baby" part in the Offspring's "Pretty Fly For A White Guy."
Just watch it on starwars.com. Last week's is up and last night's should be up in a few days.

I also heard the Ventress thing, as per the Forcecast. That blew my mind.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, there is a "Pretty Fly for a Jedi" parody out there.

sonofsokol
11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I was thinking, if I had a little boy or girl, how I'd have handled this episode. It was pretty scary, for an under 10-year old's mind, I believe.

I watched this episode with my 4-year-old. He spent the whole episode on my lap and half of it with his hands over his eyes. I told him we could turn it off several times, but he is a trooper. The Zombie Geonosian were really creepy. Based on the previews for the next episode, the creepiness will continue. I really liked this episode, but it is not one that I'll be watching again with my son any time soon.

I loved Anikan's response when Obi-wan was upset that he squished the worm-thing, "Study the bottom of my boot!"

Who's up for a Queen Karina action figure???

Rocketboy
11-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Just watch it on starwars.com. Last week's is up and last night's should be up in a few days.

I also heard the Ventress thing, as per the Forcecast. That blew my mind.I was able to catch it this morning.

figrin bran
11-22-2009, 02:31 AM
I would buy a Queen Karina figure, actually.

However, I thought Dee Bradley Baker did too much of an over the top job with the Queen's voice.

And if JT thought Luminara was annoying and snotty last week, what about this week? If Barriss is supposed to be the ideal padawan, Luminara seems a very poor fit as her master. If you'll recall, last season, she kept emphasizing how sloppy and undisciplined Ventress was and yet her overconfidence in herself seems to prevent her from seeing that she is not much better. Going off in pursuit of Poggle with just a lone trooper and in harsh conditions is not great thinking at all.

Obi Wan wanting to keep that worm isn't great thinking at all, either. Was he just going to carry it by hand back to the cruiser? There's no guarantee it would survive outside of its natural environment so his berating Anakin seems a bit harsh in this case. But as sonofsokol said, the "study the bottom of my boot" line was a great retort.

Overall, I thought it was an okay episode. I'm a bit burned out on zombies lately as I've been reading all of the Blackest Night comics so that diminishes my enthusiasm a bit.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Has anyone wondered if real zombies have taken over much of our society and culture? It sure would explain a lot... :brains: :tired:

A joke: What did the dyslexic zombie name his son? Brian.

Tycho
11-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Has anyone wondered if real zombies have taken over much of our society and culture? It sure would explain a lot... :brains: :tired:

Buy Hasbro product....

Buy Hasbro product....

Buy Hasbro product....

Buy Hasbro product....

Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....
Buy Hasbro product....

Oh, excuse me. We're you talking to anyone here? :D

Mad Slanted Powers
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Has anyone wondered if real zombies have taken over much of our society and culture? It sure would explain a lot... :brains: :tired:Bob Hope (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHK-ioV8UE8) said as much years ago.

A joke: What did the dyslexic zombie name his son? Brian.

I once saw baseball player Brian Hunter's name misspelled as Brain Hunter. Imagine someone in a zombie/Arnold voice saying, "I am Brain Hunter!"

Ando
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Did anyone else see the similarities between the Geonosian Queenand the Alien Queen from Aliens?

pbarnard
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Did anyone else see the similarities between the Geonosian Queenand the Alien Queen from Aliens?

Or just about any "insectoid" eusocial queen? :thumbsup: This has been a fairly enjoyable story arc (I can enjoy the attempt at a story and still be critical of the continuity).

Tycho
11-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Really? I thought she was based on my ex-girlfriend.

pbarnard
11-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Really? I thought she was based on my ex-girlfriend.

No, mantises are different than eusocial insects. One rips off your head and tries to eat you, probably your experience, the other just has 1000s of off spring with no father.

Tycho
11-23-2009, 08:36 PM
No, mantises are different than eusocial insects. One rips off your head and tries to eat you, probably your experience,

How did you know? Did I post about her before?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2009, 02:59 PM
So, what is the deal with the DVD? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart, Target or Best Buy today. All I could find were a couple of the 4-episode collections.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-28-2009, 04:30 PM
So, what is the deal with the DVD? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart, Target or Best Buy today. All I could find were a couple of the 4-episode collections.
My mom was having a hard time finding it as well, but I got it yesterday at Target (well, it'll be a birthday present in a few days, but still). I guess it must have sold well. It's possible they didn't order enough and it exceeded expectations, as I only ever saw two copies at most Targets. I didn't see it at Walmart but I didn't look much there. At Target, it seems to have moved from the main section into the kids section, so the youngins can relive the fun of watching Cad Bane snap peoples' necks. :D

Tycho
11-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Your birthday is around the holiday season too, JabbaJohn?

Me too.

Kind of sucks, doesn't it? Like July babies have more presents and more times in the year when they have fun.

I always get "No" as my answer when I ask if people have dressed up as Santa Claus for MY birthday.

Rocketboy
11-28-2009, 10:48 PM
So, what is the deal with the DVD? I didn't see it at Wal-Mart, Target or Best Buy today. All I could find were a couple of the 4-episode collections.All these are DVD:
Amazon - $27.49 (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_4_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=star+wars+clone+wars+season+1&sprefix=star+wars+clone+wars)

Deepdiscount - $26.97 (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=81271032)
(through tomorrow)

Or I have $29.99 raincheck for Target if anyone wants it. I ordered mine on Amazon.

JediTricks
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Even when Lucas says a cartoon is canon until he replaces it with another? :pI think you are rewriting things to fit your level of frustration with the Clone Wars micro-series not being available on DVD anymore. Lucas from the very beginning said it'd not be canon. I think in the stupid 5-levels-of-canon thing, it came up 3rd of 5.

Or when the show contradicts the movies? Maybe Aayla Secura can be the next Padawan; she seems to have the Ahsoka look down. Heck, let's go for broke and say that Agen Kolar is now a youngling.The shows don't contradict the movies, the movies are level 1 canon.

If the script called for a young Padawan, and someone wanted an existing character, why not Sarissa Jeng (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sarissa_Jeng)? Wookieepedia lists her as a Knight; however, there are no sources listed, and I've always seen her as a Padawan otherwise. Even if not, it's not like she is one of the rare non-core characters to have entire novels written about her, so, in my mind, the only change would be saying she didn't die, which wasn't shown onscreen, and, hey, Jedi coming back from the dead in the Clone Wars must happen every week, right, K'kruhk? Or use Etain Tur-Makan, who I thought was "Hi-Yaah Girl" until they gave her a name.Because she is somewhat lame and is goofy looking and not remotely interesting from a toyetics perspective and they wanted to expand on Luminara so her padawan is Barriss.

Wait, I'm trying to make sense of the Clone Wars. Eh, I'll just avoid the show and not criticize it. It's not my cup of tea, and I doubt it ever will be, even if there was an episode that was all Jawas and Dewbacks dancing to Megadeth, with a cameo by Alton Brown as 2-1B. I feel like I'm starting to sound like a peachy old man.I don't get it, why can't you enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn't?

Finally watched it last night. Bariss' strict adherence to rules seemed too unnatural. "What'll we do? One thing changed the plan! AAAHHHHHHH!!!" At least now we know that Lucas is willing to almost kill main characters, i.e. Ahsoka.I agree, and it reflects poorly on Luminara. Then again, the very next episode, Luminara breaks with the rules for no reason and it bites them in the aunt fanny.

I kept expecting Queen Karina to start producing Slurm. :pNO KIDDING! That's precisely what I thought when she was revealed. Apparently, the secret ingredient is geonosians.

I would buy a Queen Karina figure, actually. *BONK!* No! Bad Figgy!

And if JT thought Luminara was annoying and snotty last week, what about this week? If Barriss is supposed to be the ideal padawan, Luminara seems a very poor fit as her master. If you'll recall, last season, she kept emphasizing how sloppy and undisciplined Ventress was and yet her overconfidence in herself seems to prevent her from seeing that she is not much better. Going off in pursuit of Poggle with just a lone trooper and in harsh conditions is not great thinking at all.Totally. How many troopers get killed because of her foolish behavior? And that's not even counting the potential deaths that seem to be in next week's episode that follows this storyline.

Obi Wan wanting to keep that worm isn't great thinking at all, either. Was he just going to carry it by hand back to the cruiser? There's no guarantee it would survive outside of its natural environment so his berating Anakin seems a bit harsh in this case. But as sonofsokol said, the "study the bottom of my boot" line was a great retort.That line was good. Obi-Wan's behavior seemed so out of character that I knew it would have some future throwback to this, and lo and behold, the preview for the next episode comes and there's the worm again. The worm is just a ripoff of the Wrath of Khan Ceti slugs tho'.

Or just about any "insectoid" eusocial queen? :thumbsup: This has been a fairly enjoyable story arc (I can enjoy the attempt at a story and still be critical of the continuity).IMO, this story arc has been too front-loaded. The first ep is the only real battle of Geonosis, the rest are video-game style quests.

El Chuxter
11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
JT, I just don't care for the show. I've given it several chances, never going in with a "I want to hate this because ____" perspective. I just don't think it's very good. If the rest of you like it, then that's fine. The more the focus moves to Clone Wars, the more money I save on toys. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Your birthday is around the holiday season too, JabbaJohn?

Me too.

Kind of sucks, doesn't it? Like July babies have more presents and more times in the year when they have fun.

I always get "No" as my answer when I ask if people have dressed up as Santa Claus for MY birthday.
Well, it's December 1, so it's not too close to Christmas but there's a lot of pre-Christmas stuff going on. My family has always waited until after my birthday to start doing Christmas stuff, but still, it's impossible to avoid completely.

As to the presents, whatever I don't get for my birthday, I can just put on my Christmas list. Hasbro always pumps out enough stuff this time of year so it's not too much of an issue, at least as far as SW goes (though I remember back in 2001, the scarce POTJ days led to me getting Death Star Escape Han as the only SW figure at Christmas that year, which is in stark contrast to how I know this year will be).

JediTricks
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
JT, I just don't care for the show. I've given it several chances, never going in with a "I want to hate this because ____" perspective. I just don't think it's very good. If the rest of you like it, then that's fine. The more the focus moves to Clone Wars, the more money I save on toys. :)
Then why complain about the canon if you've already made up your mind about the show itself?

2-1B
11-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Ok, my attempts to catch up on season 2 are only digging me a deeper hole...because they keep discontinuing the previous episodes online and only the 2 most recent are available. So...I've still not seen anything from season 2 as of today.

Can I ask a favor? Can someone PLEASE send me a PM if you catch wind of a "catch-up marathon" of CW season 2?

I've been avoiding this thread lately to avoid too many storyline details...so if it's posted in here, I may not see it.

THANKS !!! :grin:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-05-2009, 12:50 AM
This wasn't my favorite episode. Something about it was a little off, for some reason. I'll need to see it again but it seemed like too much of the story came in the third act. The highlight was probably Anakin beating the crap out of Poggle, with the hints of the Imperial March. The EU connections to Mace on Dantooine and Kit Fisto near Ord Cestus were interesting, too. This episode wasn't horrible, but it wasn't really anything special, either.

The January 1 episode looks good, though. Finally, Grievous comes back. That Jedi looked like Eeth Koth. Wookieepedia says he died on Geonosis but doesn't list any sources and says it hasn't appeared in any in-universe sources; the official site's databank doesn't mention his death at all, so I guess it's all good. The microseries had him in the council scene, but that was retconned to make him Agen Kolar, despite the cartoon having the lighter skin and facial tattoos.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I disagree. This was one of the best episodes so far. Certainly NOT for kids. The Imperial March scene was good, skewering the clone was rough, and the Ahsoka/Bariss exchanges were strong.

Wait until 2010 for new ones, people. :(

DarkJedi5
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I thought the plot was not really well thought out but the episode was one of my favorites. They were able to borrow from some horror films and make some great references to the saga. All in all I thought it was a great episode.

Rocketboy
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM
As usual, too much Ahsoka.

It's about time we some real darkness from Anakin.

sonofsokol
12-06-2009, 03:12 AM
It's about time we some real darkness from Anakin.

:yes::yes::yes:

After reading some of the comments on here I decided to watch this one without my 4-year-old first to check it out. I don't think I'll be letting him watch this one:sad:
The worm coming out of Baris' mouth near the end was a bit nasty. All in all I thought it was a pretty good episode. The tiger face looking art that some of the clones had was pretty cool.
January seems far away, but it will be here before we know it.

figrin bran
12-06-2009, 10:38 PM
*BONK!* No! Bad Figgy!

Ah, come on, you know it would make a great battlepack with Queen Karina, Poggle, Zombie genosian and Luminara. :p

I thought this past episode, "Brain Invaders" wasn't that bad. Certainly better than the previous one. And how could you not like the Tantive IV tribute corridors of the medical transport?

Enough with the Bariss/Ahsoka centered episodes, please! And that's not a reflection on Ahsoka so much as it is on how dull Barriss is.

El Chuxter
12-07-2009, 01:05 AM
How dull Clone Wars Barriss is, that is. The real Barriss is being hella cool on Drongar.

JediTricks
12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I really liked this episode. Jedi acting like Jedi for once, using the Force and junk, a lightsaber battle, evil clones, an interior that harkened to the Tantive IV, an exciting spaceship situation, Kit Fisto's supergrin, the whole thing had tons of Star Warsy action for once without sacrificing the Jedi characters. My only real complaint is that if these Jedi are so good at dealing with Clone Trooper treachery, it undermines their defeat during Order 66, but that's a failure in the ROTS writing, not this show's.

DarkJedi5
12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
My only real complaint is that if these Jedi are so good at dealing with Clone Trooper treachery, it undermines their defeat during Order 66, but that's a failure in the ROTS writing, not this show's.

Well, I thought they did a great job of getting Barris out of the way in a hurry. I even loved the line, "If there's one thing we clones know, it's how to stop a Jedi." I thought that was a great little nod to ROTS. If I were to attempt to justify the whole thing I'd say that the Jedi we all saw killed by clones, with the exception of the Jedi Temple, were all more or less in combat situations. This would lead me to believe that they were so focused on threats in front of them that they were susceptible to threats from their blind side?

Ando
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
This would lead me to believe that they were so focused on threats in front of them that they were susceptible to threats from their blind side?

In the novelization of ROTS and again in Dark Lord, it was explained away that the Jedi only sensed the clones obeying orders and that there was no ill will or malicious intent that could be detected and that only Yoda and his unparalleled mastery of the force and life experience allowed him to sense something was not quite right, but just barely.

Maradona
12-08-2009, 09:00 PM
My only real complaint is that if these Jedi are so good at dealing with Clone Trooper treachery, it undermines their defeat during Order 66, but that's a failure in the ROTS writing, not this show's.

I was hoping that somehow during the episode there would be a cut to Coruscant to get a reaction shot of Palpatine being told of clone troopers turning on the Jedi. Who knows, though, maybe Order 66 will have its origin in the series at some point.

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Well, I thought they did a great job of getting Barris out of the way in a hurry. I even loved the line, "If there's one thing we clones know, it's how to stop a Jedi." I thought that was a great little nod to ROTS.That was an interesting line, suggests they had trained for this more than just blind programming.

If I were to attempt to justify the whole thing I'd say that the Jedi we all saw killed by clones, with the exception of the Jedi Temple, were all more or less in combat situations. This would lead me to believe that they were so focused on threats in front of them that they were susceptible to threats from their blind side?Kinda thin. I'd say it works for some, but not all. And it's not like Barris and Ahsoka were at battle readiness for this either.

In the novelization of ROTS and again in Dark Lord, it was explained away that the Jedi only sensed the clones obeying orders and that there was no ill will or malicious intent that could be detected and that only Yoda and his unparalleled mastery of the force and life experience allowed him to sense something was not quite right, but just barely.Hmm, I dunno about this one, the line from there with Cody as Palps' hologram cut off saying he wished he had been told that a minute before he handed Obi-Wan back his saber undermines this, suggests they know it's a treacherous act they're about to undertake. There clearly is malicious intent in any event because they are trying to kill Jedi, it's not just a single potshot.

I was hoping that somehow during the episode there would be a cut to Coruscant to get a reaction shot of Palpatine being told of clone troopers turning on the Jedi. Who knows, though, maybe Order 66 will have its origin in the series at some point.What do you think Palps would have said or done to react to that though? I think it's always been taken for granted that Order 66 was programmed earlier than AOTC.

Ando
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Hmm, I dunno about this one, the line from there with Cody as Palps' hologram cut off saying he wished he had been told that a minute before he handed Obi-Wan back his saber undermines this, suggests they know it's a treacherous act they're about to undertake. There clearly is malicious intent in any event because they are trying to kill Jedi, it's not just a single potshot.

My counterpoint to that (and I do remember Cody's thought about the bad timing with Order 66) would be this: In the Karen Traviss Republic Commando novels, we get the impression that Order 66 was just a "preprogrammed" contingency order (1 of about 150 of them), and to them it wasn't treachery to the clones because they were just following an order directly from their supreme commander.

Fun fact:
"Order 65: In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv)."

-Taken from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_65 (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_65)

Imagine what would have happened if the Jedi had discovered this (or remembered it) and Mace Windu had ordered the clones to initiate Order 65 instead of storming the Chancellor's office with the other 3 Jedi masters.

I found the idea of the Jedi not being able to see it coming when Order 66 was called out due to the clones "just following order" a somewhat reasonable explaining it away. It's definitely not how I would have done it, but it's GL's world and that's always going to be the issue when it comes to the inconsistencies of Star Wars.

Maradona
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
What do you think Palps would have said or done to react to that though? I think it's always been taken for granted that Order 66 was programmed earlier than AOTC.

I think it would have been a mistake to have him say anything. But maybe a slightly concerned, curious look while sitting at his desk at dusk with the sun setting in the background implying a knowledge of the future that only the audience would know the true significance of might have been a nice touch. Lingering more than a second or two on him would have detracted from the effect and been detrimental to the episode.

I don't know when Order 66 was programmed, but it could be that programming it too early - pre AOTC and the inception of the Clone Wars - might have had potentially negative consequences if there was a glitch. Given that maybe millions of troops were created, the odds that at least a few could prematurely turn on the Jedi if they experienced some sort of trauma or other prompting seems plausible. Maybe this series will have more on Order 66 and/or 1-65 (perhaps Palpatine will issue an earlier Order for something less expansive and consequential as a trial run to see if it would work or it could turn out that a faux disease is concocted plaguing only clones requiring them all to be "inoculated" and that is how the Order 66 programming will be carried out) or maybe all will remain untold. I merely speculate on the possibility.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I think it would have been a mistake to have him say anything. But maybe a slightly concerned, curious look while sitting at his desk at dusk with the sun setting in the background implying a knowledge of the future that only the audience would know the true significance of might have been a nice touch. Lingering more than a second or two on him would have detracted from the effect and been detrimental to the episode.
I don't know; I think that would have been kind of cheap. We don't need a reaction shot to everything. The part in ROTS when Yoda clutches his heart as Order 66 gets issued (or is it when Vader is named? It's around that time) even feels a little bit out of place, and we've been following him the whole movie, and it is directly referenced a few minutes later. So, not having Palpatine in the entire episode except for a three-second reaction shot would be really out of place. It reminds me of how some people were wanting a Yoda reaction shot added in ANH after the destruction of Alderaan - what's the point?

I don't know when Order 66 was programmed, but it could be that programming it too early - pre AOTC and the inception of the Clone Wars - might have had potentially negative consequences if there was a glitch. Given that maybe millions of troops were created, the odds that at least a few could prematurely turn on the Jedi if they experienced some sort of trauma or other prompting seems plausible. Maybe this series will have more on Order 66 and/or 1-65 (perhaps Palpatine will issue an earlier Order for something less expansive and consequential as a trial run to see if it would work or it could turn out that a faux disease is concocted plaguing only clones requiring them all to be "inoculated" and that is how the Order 66 programming will be carried out) or maybe all will remain untold. I merely speculate on the possibility.
I like the idea of having an earlier order issued.

It always hit me like Order 66 has been with the clones a long time, perhaps since they were created. Palpatine says, "The time has come. Execute Order 66," which could be interpreted as him saying, "The time has come; finally, my plans are coming to fruition," but it also implies that the clones have known about this for a long time. It's one of the main reasons they were created in the first place, so it would make sense for Palpatine (or Dooku) to define the order(s) right away.

Ji'dai
12-12-2009, 10:29 PM
On Friday, Cartoon Network finally rerun the second season premiere ep. "Holocron Heist." I had to delete it from the DVR when it originally aired due to audio problems with the HD episode. But Friday's ep. sounded good so hopefully next week's ep is fixed too. I totally missed the episode with Padme having to root out the Senate spy due to the audio making it impossible to watch.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2009, 12:21 AM
On Friday, Cartoon Network finally rerun the second season premiere ep. "Holocron Heist." I had to delete it from the DVR when it originally aired due to audio problems with the HD episode. But Friday's ep. sounded good so hopefully next week's ep is fixed too. I totally missed the episode with Padme having to root out the Senate spy due to the audio making it impossible to watch.
My DVR recorded it because it thought it was new.

AmanaMatt
12-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry, didnt want to read 28 pages, but just finished Season One on Blu, and loved it.........hated all the Jar Jar eps, but boy the Bounty Hunter finale ep was good and I watched the Season 2 trailer....just a couple of questions

How has season 2 been so far?

Are they still butchering the aired eps by showing them in 1:88 or the appropriate 2:33

As much as I want to see these now, gotta wait for the season set...so, so good!

Ji'dai
12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
My DVR recorded it because it thought it was new. Do you have it set to recored both types (new & reruns)? Mine recorded it because I deleted the first recording. I also had to delete the other Cad Bane Holocron eps due to audio problems. Hopefully when CN airs those over the next couple weeks they will be fixed too.

Sorry, didnt want to read 28 pages, but just finished Season One on Blu, and loved it.........hated all the Jar Jar eps, but boy the Bounty Hunter finale ep was good and I watched the Season 2 trailer....just a couple of questions

How has season 2 been so far? It's great! I've had some problems with the audio on the HD episodes but I've enjoyed the stories and action sequences.

Are they still butchering the aired eps by showing them in 1:88 or the appropriate 2:33 They air in full screen, just like the first season did. The picture completely fills my 46" flat panel. I was kinda surprised when I watched the season 1 blu-ray box set and noticed that the episodes were letterboxed.

Last year, CN did a Clone Wars marathon during the week of christmas, so I'm wondering if they'll do that again this year.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Do you have it set to recored both types (new & reruns)? Mine recorded it because I deleted the first recording. I also had to delete the other Cad Bane Holocron eps due to audio problems. Hopefully when CN airs those over the next couple weeks they will be fixed too. It is set to record new ones only. If I recall correctly, the on screen guide said that it was new, even though I knew it was a rerun.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2009, 01:02 AM
It is set to record new ones only. If I recall correctly, the on screen guide said that it was new, even though I knew it was a rerun.
Mine did the same thing, and had Cargo of Doom set to record next week. The original airing had them combined as an hour-long episode; I wonder if that affected anything? Then again, they've been replayed individually since then, so who knows.

JediTricks
12-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Mine also DVRed it as a new episode. I wouldn't be so miffed but stupid Time Warner doesn't have CN in HD around here, and I hate watching the eps in SD twice. I've only saved the last 4, since they were a specific story arc.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-14-2009, 01:45 AM
I still haven't found the DVD, though I only managed to check Target this weekend.

AmanaMatt
12-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Ji'Dai!

I shall wait for the season 2 box set then.....once you go true widescreen, its hard going back......

Glad to hear you've liked it......

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2009, 02:52 PM
After finally getting time and fixing a DVD remote issue, I watched the episode commentaries on the Season One set yesterday. There was a lot of interesting information, and hints that the Weequay pirates and Hutts would be back in later episodes (hopefully that includes Jabba!). The clips of the episodes in 2.35:1 looked astounding. I can't wait to go through them all again.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
I rewatched Brain Invaders this morning, and I liked it a lot more than I did the first time. Maybe I was anticipating moments this time, or maybe I was distracted last time? I dunno, but it was actually pretty damn good.

In other news, the official site (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/holidaymarathon2009/index.html) is having a season two marathon online.

Possible spoilers ahead . . .

The Comcast episode guides revealed that the next episode, Grievous Intrigue, involves Grievous capturing Eeth Koth and then being pursued by Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Adi Gallia. It's nice to see Eeth and Adi, since everything else seemed to move on to Agen Kolar and Stass Allie. It seems like Grievous will kill Eeth, which will be interesting for a few reasons. Finally, we can hopefully see Grievous as a real threat, killing a member of the Jedi Council. Additionally, Eeth never had an in-universe death; some sources say he died on Geonosis, but they say he died alongside Saesee Tiin and Sora Bulq, who lived on elsewhere.

The second new episode, The Deserter, involves a clone who has left the army. That sounds like another interesting angle on the clone idea.

Rocketboy
12-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, we know at least Anakin won't catch Greivous since they don't meet until Revenge of the Sith, which is a shame. I think it'd be cool to them battle every now and then.

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I think The Deserter was shown in a preview at the end of Brain Invaders, so that's not a spoiler. The other part is, but my only disappointment there is that I find both those Jedi extremely boring.

Should we start a new thread for season 3, or continue this one? If we continue this one, should we re-title the thread?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I think The Deserter was shown in a preview at the end of Brain Invaders, so that's not a spoiler. The other part is, but my only disappointment there is that I find both those Jedi extremely boring.

Should we start a new thread for season 3, or continue this one? If we continue this one, should we re-title the thread?
The preview showed Grievous cutting a hole in a door and seeing Eeth Koth, which was pretty much it. I'll also be glad to see some more Grievous, since he hasn't been in a single episode in all of 2009 (aside from the little newsreels here and there).

Why wait for season 3, which won't be until October 2010? I think a retitling for this one is fine.

JediTricks
12-19-2009, 11:41 PM
I am pretty sure there was a "January 2010, here's what you'll be seeing" sort of ad that mentioned and showed a clone who was no longer in it to win it. I'll check ye olde DVR.

Ok, so what should we rename it, "The Clone Wars cartoon"?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2009, 12:22 AM
I am pretty sure there was a "January 2010, here's what you'll be seeing" sort of ad that mentioned and showed a clone who was no longer in it to win it. I'll check ye olde DVR.

Ok, so what should we rename it, "The Clone Wars cartoon"?
Maybe that was another commercial, since when I watched Brain Invaders today the little post-episode, pre-credits thing was the Eeth Koth bit. Usually there's a longer preview during the credits, but it wasn't so this time.

The current Insider has some cool pictures from upcoming episodes, including Grievous riding a reek on some jungle planet (almost looks like Felucia, but with more muted colors) and a Twi'lek woman pointing a rifle at a clone. Should be cool.

Any name is good, I guess "The Clone Wars cartoon" is as good as any; perhaps "The Clone Wars animated series" to give it more gravitas. :D

JediTricks
12-20-2009, 12:32 AM
"Star Wars Babies, the computerized cartoon for kiddies"? ;)

You think the producers of this program have the nerve to show different portions of famous SW planets that don't just look exactly like all the stuff we've seen already? Why can't Felucia have a muted area? Heck, why can't it have SOMETHING going on SOMEWHERE besides the silly over-the-top super vibrantly-colored plants everywhere? Why does anybody want to fight over Felucia anyway? They should show something worth fighting and dying for at places like these, or just as good, places that haven't been fought over yet because of a lack of strategic value or nobody thought to go kill each other for it. Caves don't count.

2-1B
12-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Big thanks to JabbaJohn :razz: for the PM giving me the heads up on the SW.com marathon...last night and this morning I blew through all 8 episodes and I liked it a lot. This season is better than 1 and I think it will keep getting better.

It definitely has some problems but overall I think when this show is good, it's great...when it's bad, it's awful. Overall though, I think it's a solid B+ show.

Well, we know at least Anakin won't catch Greivous since they don't meet until Revenge of the Sith, which is a shame.

The same way Chux comments about continuity issues against the books/comics/micro-series, this is a big concern of mine. I excuse the Jedi-Clone armor nonsense because of the different medium but I honestly wouldn't put it past them to show Anakin vs. Grievous at some point. :D

I hated the fact that Anakin fought Dooku awhile back...true, it's not a literal contradiction of ROTS when Ani said his powers had doubled since the last time they met, but in my mind I liked to imagine during ROTS that Ani was referring to the arm slicin' on Geonosis. Oh well. :)

And I just want to restate my opinion that they should wrap this Clone Wars show up after another 1 or 2 seasons and then get to work on making a show set between ANH and ESB and then a show between ESB and ROTJ. :)

El Chuxter
12-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Well, IIRC, Anakin confronts Grievous in Obsession, which takes place shortly before ROTS and features the deaths of Adi Gallia and Master Soon Baytes.

Rocketboy
12-21-2009, 07:20 AM
I honestly wouldn't put it past them to show Anakin vs. Grievous at some point. :DThe only problem with that is we see their first meeting in the beginning of Episode III.

GG: I expected someone with your reputation to be a little... older.
Anakin: General Grievous... you're shorter than I expected.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I've heard Dave Filoni talking about how they will not show Anakin and Grievous meeting face to face; most recently, he mentioned it on the DVD, and how cool it would be for them to fight, but it's just not to be. They've faced off in ships before, but have never actually seen each other in person.

El Chuxter
12-21-2009, 03:06 PM
That's good. Otherwise the full effect of Grievous calling him "Smelly Boy" might be lost. ;)

The run-ins between Anakin and Dooku are getting ridiculous, though. This isn't the fault of the 'toon, as it happened a few times prior. The ROTS script seems like this is the first time they've met since Anakin lost his arm.

JediTricks
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I think not having Grievous fight main characters is taking its toll on the character. He's a TERRIBLE leader, he's failed miserably so far as a general at every turn, so he needs to be personally menacing if they can't write better leadership roles for him, and that means going up against some of the badarse Jedi rather than just picking on little kids. If they're not going to go up against Anakin & Obi-Wan, then at least go against Plo Koon or Mace or someone whom the audience already has lent weight to as a significant Jedi warrior.

Darth Metalmute
12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree completely with you JT. If anyone failed as bad a Grevious has in the Clone Wars, Palpatine would have killed him. I like the fact that the majority of the episodes are "to be continued" but lately, the Republic has won at the end of each of them. With as much as they've won over the past 1.5 years, the Clone Wars should have never lasted as long as it did. It's about time they lost, and lost big.

Whats funny is that the opening dialog states all the losses the Republic has suffered and how they are losing the war, only to be followed up by 25 minutes of the Republic winning. Show the defeats.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
They may win, but at a cost. And then they sprout up someplace else. Even though they may be winning, it always seems like they have to do it shorthanded, or the reinforcements come in at the last minute. They have the Republic spread out all over the place and wearing them down.

2-1B
12-21-2009, 09:16 PM
The only problem with that is we see their first meeting in the beginning of Episode III.

I know, that's why I said it wouldn't surprise me if they showed something to the contrary ! lol

Thanks John for confirming Filoni's intention to not screw THAT up. :)

That's good. Otherwise the full effect of Grievous calling him "Smelly Boy" might be lost. ;)

The run-ins between Anakin and Dooku are getting ridiculous, though. This isn't the fault of the 'toon, as it happened a few times prior. The ROTS script seems like this is the first time they've met since Anakin lost his arm.

Agreed 100%...Smelly Boy should have only fought Smelly Old Man twice - AOTC & ROTS.
Filoni and/or Lucas and/or McCallum and/or stillakid should have put a stop to that. :(

JimJamBonds
12-21-2009, 09:33 PM
And I just want to restate my opinion that they should wrap this Clone Wars show up after another 1 or 2 seasons and then get to work on making a show set between ANH and ESB and then a show between ESB and ROTJ. :)

How about a show between ROTS and ANH? Ohh wait that will be that live action show right? :rolleyes:

JediTricks
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM
2 new episodes on Jan 1st!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=57&p2_articleid=2600

I agree completely with you JT. If anyone failed as bad a Grevious has in the Clone Wars, Palpatine would have killed him. I like the fact that the majority of the episodes are "to be continued" but lately, the Republic has won at the end of each of them. With as much as they've won over the past 1.5 years, the Clone Wars should have never lasted as long as it did. It's about time they lost, and lost big.

Whats funny is that the opening dialog states all the losses the Republic has suffered and how they are losing the war, only to be followed up by 25 minutes of the Republic winning. Show the defeats.Well, I just got a press release from Lucasfilm about the next episodes, and it looks like the Jedi will get trapped by Grievous, so we can now assume that his plot will get bungled by the end. :p

And look at this corny stuff, Obi-Wan is battling Grievous while Anakin tries to find an escape. C'mon, make up your minds how close you want to shave this "I'm not touching you, continuity!" thing.

Matt Wood's explanation of Grievous voicing is pretty odd, it sums up why Grievous has been misused in the show and is a lesser character but he sounds like he attributes it to a good thing. Grievous' best moments for him are when he's destroying his own troops, and while they are cute moments taken out of context, they are a big misstep within the greater framework.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-29-2009, 10:06 PM
The preview clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ffpBlLVAw) has some of their duel and discussion. I really don't know how many times they can keep having Obi-Wan and Grievous fight. :p

From what I've read, Grievous captures Eeth Koth. I do hope he kills him and becomes more of a serious threat . . . we'll see in three days, I guess.

2-1B
12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Maybe they can show Obi-Wan discover the weakness of Grievous' belly when nearly hit with a blaster. :rolleyes:

morpheus282
12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I thought Eeth Koth was supposed to have died on Geonosis?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2009, 02:21 AM
I thought Eeth Koth was supposed to have died on Geonosis?
As per his databank entry (http://starwars.com/databank/character/eethkoth/index.html):

Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones by Simon Beecroft (2002, DK Books) describes Koth as a casualty of the Battle of Geonosis. A Republic gunship that explodes on-screen in the Episode II movie is described in this book as carrying Eeth Koth, Tarados Gon, and Sora Bulq. In reality, the figures inside the gunship are indistinct and anonymous in the movie. Koth's death -- like Sora Bulq -- would be disregarded in the canon of Star Wars lore, as the character design would resurface in the Clone Wars micro-series, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series.
His appearance in the micro-series was once retconned to be that of Agen Kolar, even though they don't really look alike; now, it seems, the micro-series has again been retconned to have it be Eeth Koth.

morpheus282
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Gotta love a good retcon.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know when it was originally on but the other day I caught the end of an episode where Darth Sid has some force sensitive babies taken to Mustafar where they were to become part of a Sith Army. I'm fine with all of that business EXCEPT that they went to Mustafar.... WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! Also how the complex was destroyed was the same way it happens in E III. Again WHY?!?!?!!?

I'm sure this was covered already but since I just saw this the other day its new to me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know when it was originally on but the other day I caught the end of an episode where Darth Sid has some force sensitive babies taken to Mustafar where they were to become part of a Sith Army. I'm fine with all of that business EXCEPT that they went to Mustafar.... WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! Also how the complex was destroyed was the same way it happens in E III. Again WHY?!?!?!!?

I'm sure this was covered already but since I just saw this the other day its new to me.
It's a different place, though it looks similar. I think I heard that Dave was apprehensive about going back to Mustafar, but George wanted a good finale for the episode. So, there you go. It must be Sidious's go-to place for hiding things . . . not sure how it worked after the first time, though. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2010, 03:06 AM
Overall, I thought both of tonight's episodes were quite stunning. First things first, though: I can accept the clone leaving and raising a family, but how in the absolute hell are the kids so old?!? He left shortly after Geonosis, but the war only lasts three years. I know they are somewhat loose with the exact dates and such, but those kids were certainly older than three. Perhaps Suu had them with somebody else, but their mottled skin suggests that they're Cut's kids. Eh . . . that really bothered me, even though I know it shouldn't. :p

Anyway, Grievous Intrigue was probably one of my favorites of the series. Even though Eeth Koth didn't die - Dave Filoni said they wanted to stop introducing new characters and killing them at the same time, and I can't blame him - it was still pretty great all around. There were several new Jedi watching the transmission, including (apparently) Sora Bulq. The hand signals were cool; they reminded me of Anakin and Obi-Wan's somewhat goofy gestures in that ROTS deleted scene. The lightsaber duels and space battles were expertly done. And in these episodes, you really get the sense of frustration the Jedi have with continually missing Grievous, which was handled really well and ties in with them trying to find him in ROTS. Great all around.

The Deserter was also pretty fantastic, aside from the kids' age issue. It was cool to see some more of Saleucami that wasn't so bombed-out. Seeing Dejarik and having it look and move as it did in ANH was fun. The clone deserter was a pretty interesting story. The fact that there are so many clones questioning orders is kind of odd, though, given Order 66 and the fact that they were bred to follow orders. Still, I think the conversations between Cut and Rex were good at dealing with this. Also, the battle droids were here a lot, but not completely annoying, so that's good. :p

But when is the next episode going to air? Next week is a repeat, and there are no details on the guide for the 15th, and there wasn't any post-episode preview.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Did the son have Twi'lek features? Perhaps at least the girl was not Cut's daughter, but the boy might be old enough. He seemed pretty small compared to the girl. Plus, who knows how children of interspecies relationships develop.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2010, 03:26 AM
I was looking at the TFN boards and then at the episode guide (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode210.html), which said this:

The clone introduces himself as Cut Lawquane. Rex realizes what he is looking at: a deserter. Rex has no patience for those who would abandon their duty, and he makes his contempt known. Cut explains himself, saying he made a choice not to kill for a living, and that his duty is now to his adopted family. Just then, Suu and the children enter the barn and invite Rex to dinner.
I tend not to read the episode recaps so I missed it the first time. This is as good an answer as any, I suppose.

Did the son have Twi'lek features? Perhaps at least the girl was not Cut's daughter, but the boy might be old enough. He seemed pretty small compared to the girl. Plus, who knows how children of interspecies relationships develop.
Jek (which must be a popular name, after Porkins and Thire's clone) had very small lekku. His face kind of looked like a clone, but given that the guide said they were adopted, I guess I was just seeing things.

Some people on TFN were wondering, if a clone actually sired a child, would the growth acceleration be passed down? I would say no.

Also, the guy who directed this episode also directed Jumanji, Jurassic Park III, and Hidalgo. That just seems weird to me. :p

Rocketboy
01-02-2010, 09:41 AM
The first episode, Grievous Intrigue, was one of the best episodes yet. Everything was very well done, especially the animation.

The Deserter was just ok. It feels like it had the potential to be so much more.
The clone stuff was well done. I just assumed that kids weren't his and he was an adopted father. And they seemed to take out those droids a little to easy.
The other half of the story is where they dropped the ball. How does the Republic fly right over top of Grievous and not detect him or the other pods? Don't they have scanners on these ships? Hell, even a window would have worked to spot the downed pods. Since they didn't detect him they just went wandering to find him - wtf?

Also, in light of Cad Bane and Ventress, I don't find Grievous quite as annoying anymore. :D

dr_evazan22
01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I was under the impression that humans and Twi'lek's were incompatible, biologically, to mate.
In the SW universe I guess that the accelerated aging gene wouldn't get passed down, just for the sake of the story. But it could be fairly interesting to have clones father kids and have the gene get diluted more and more so that eventually, after many generations, a clone offspring could have a 'normal' lifespan. Or, what if it was a recessive gene, maybe skipped a generation and comes back for the second?

I liked the kids in the Deserter, I thought they were well done, acting and animation. I liked seeing the emotion in the voice show on the face of the kids, like the change when the girl activated the damaged commando droids.

2 good ep's!

Maerj2000
01-02-2010, 04:31 PM
One way they *could* have taken the episode if they had not used Rex would have been to have Cut die saving his family then which would have caused the Clone Trooper to make a decison on weather or not to rejoin his men or to take over for Cut and care for his family. That's just something I thought of while watching. They were both still pretty good episodes they way they were.

I also noticed Eeopies being used there in the second episode. I guess I better order mine soon before all the kids who watch the show do!

DarkArtist
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM
loved both episodes last night... really would love to see Hasbro tackle the clones that appeared in the episode Deserter... love the different and unique Clones.

DarkJedi5
01-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I thought Grievous needed an awful lot of help to take out Eeth Koth, which was kind of disappointing. And is he going to kill some Jedi at some point? In the micro series he handled Ki-Adi and Aalya and other Jedi with ease but in the show he can't even battle one by himself. I'm beginning to think he didn't earn those lightsabers, probably just bought them on eBay.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-03-2010, 02:20 PM
What is the current timeline on the events from the original series? Then, it seemed like it was the first time they had encountered Grievous, and they seemed to be caught by surprise and cornered in a tight spot. If the events of this series are occurring after that, then perhaps they are better prepared to deal with him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
What is the current timeline on the events from the original series? Then, it seemed like it was the first time they had encountered Grievous, and they seemed to be caught by surprise and cornered in a tight spot. If the events of this series are occurring after that, then perhaps they are better prepared to deal with him.
The micro-series and this series aren't always exactly matched up perfectly, but seeing as how they first met him in the micro-series and are dealing with him regularly here, I assume this takes place later. At any rate, yeah, I want to see Grievous actually kill some Jedi for once.

Ji'dai
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM
But when is the next episode going to air? Next week is a repeat, and there are no details on the guide for the 15th, and there wasn't any post-episode preview. Since Cartoon Network run back-to-back new episodes Friday it'll probably be two weeks before another new show will air. My satellite guide shows this Friday's episode to be a repeat of "Brain Invaders." Wednesday CN is repeating "Senate Spy" - finally! That's the ony ep I've not seen.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Since Cartoon Network run back-to-back new episodes Friday it'll probably be two weeks before another new show will air. My satellite guide shows this Friday's episode to be a repeat of "Brain Invaders." Wednesday CN is repeating "Senate Spy" - finally! That's the ony ep I've not seen.
Well, now the guide is showing Brain Invaders on the 8th and Grievous Intrigue and The Deserter again on the 15th. There seem to be many more breaks this season.

DarkArtist
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I thought Grievous needed an awful lot of help to take out Eeth Koth, which was kind of disappointing. And is he going to kill some Jedi at some point? In the micro series he handled Ki-Adi and Aalya and other Jedi with ease but in the show he can't even battle one by himself. I'm beginning to think he didn't earn those lightsabers, probably just bought them on eBay.

i gotta agree on the Grievous issue. i really want to see him start killing off more and more Jedi... also want to start seeing Anakin get darker and darker.

with the Deserter episode I was shocked to see Rex get shot down (almost thought they were going to dump his character)...was glad that they decided not to axe him.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
First off, I went back and checked, couldn't find anything in the dialog about the family being "adopted", so that is a plot hole in the episode, especially with both kids looking half twi'lek and half human, and a lot like daddy.

Grievous Intrigue left me cold. There was a lot of back and forth, but once again nothing really happened, Grievous' plot didn't result in squat and he escaped. 2 new characters and neither advanced the story that well, neither had that much personality, and both are slated to die yet didn't die here. Obi-Wan yet again facing off against Grievous, and now the Commando Droids are the most powerful force in the universe apparently.

The Deserter felt like a war story you'd see in a real movie, although a little cliched in that respect. I sorta enjoyed the interplay between Rex & Cut, and the battle at the end was good. But this episode had too many inconsistencies, the age of the kids, a battle droid taking out an AT-TE with a single little shoulder-mounted shot, the pod holding 20 Commando Droids waking up for no reason and attacking for no reason, the droids being so damned ineffective against just 2 clones. And the end, Grievous gets away in the cheesiest escape yet, leaving no meaning to these 2 episodes.

Seriously, what was Grievous' plot this time? To destroy a single mid-sized cruiser? Granted, the cruiser was cool because it merged the Tantive IV style with the Star Destroyer styling, but that's not really much of an evil plan.

I thought Grievous needed an awful lot of help to take out Eeth Koth, which was kind of disappointing. And is he going to kill some Jedi at some point? In the micro series he handled Ki-Adi and Aalya and other Jedi with ease but in the show he can't even battle one by himself. I'm beginning to think he didn't earn those lightsabers, probably just bought them on eBay.AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Totally!

sonofsokol
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Rex is my son's favorite character:love: When he got shot my son gasped and when I looked over at him he had his hands covering his mouth... We were both relieved that Rex survived.

Also, in regards to Rex and Cut taking out all those commando droids... I need to go back and rewatch it, but it seemed like they tried to represent the droids as being damaged or malfunctioning to some extent. They seemed to almost have a zombie-like quality in their movements. Did anyone else get that impression?

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 07:35 PM
I didn't get that impression, but it's hard to tell with this show, the droids always have something odd about their movements.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
the pod holding 20 Commando Droids waking up for no reason and attacking for no reason, the droids being so damned ineffective against just 2 clones. And the end, Grievous gets away in the cheesiest escape yet, leaving no meaning to these 2 episodes.I thought they woke up when the girl accidentally hit the button. Also, Grievous getting away seems to be consistent with the movie. When he escapes at the beginning of ROTS, Mace Windu says "General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward."

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
They woke up when the pod was opened, but IMO, that makes zero sense. Why would they shut off after jumping into an escape pod when the other droids didn't?

Grievous hasn't achieved ANYTHING except running away on the show though, unless you count the very first episodes where he was in charge of the Malevolence, and even there it ultimately ended in abject failure with him making a miraculous escape.

Darth Metalmute
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Also, in regards to Rex and Cut taking out all those commando droids... I need to go back and rewatch it, but it seemed like they tried to represent the droids as being damaged or malfunctioning to some extent. They seemed to almost have a zombie-like quality in their movements. Did anyone else get that impression?

Yeah, I saw the sparks coming from their heads as they walked through the crop field.

As anyone thought about the possibility of twi'lek offspring maturing at a different rate? I imagine different species even in the Star Wars galaxy reach adulthood at different rates, much like a dog reaches adult in around 12 months compared to a human at 18 years.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
As anyone thought about the possibility of twi'lek offspring maturing at a different rate? I imagine different species even in the Star Wars galaxy reach adulthood at different rates, much like a dog reaches adult in around 12 months compared to a human at 18 years.Yes, I was sort of hinting at that in an earlier post, though I only mentioned interspecies offspring in that post.

sonofsokol
01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I want to be the first to reqeust a Suu action figure. They could make a battlepack with Cut, Suu, Rex out of his armour, and a commando droid or 2. Heck throw in the kids and make it a family battle pack.:)

morpheus282
01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I want to be the first to reqeust a Suu action figure. They could make a battlepack with Cut, Suu, Rex out of his armour, and a commando droid or 2. Heck throw in the kids and make it a family battle pack.:)

I, too, would like to see more half-naked Twi'lek action figures.

Family battle pack? That just sounds... odd. Almost like a game show.

Rocketboy
01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Family battle pack? That just sounds... odd. Almost like a game show.They could play against the Lucas family pack on...FAMILY FEUD!

DarkJedi5
01-05-2010, 01:59 PM
But this episode had too many inconsistencies, the age of the kids, a battle droid taking out an AT-TE with a single little shoulder-mounted shot...

I thought that was supposed to be a joke, I thought they were poking fun at how the toy's legs would come flying off at the slightest breeze. Maybe not.

DarkArtist
01-06-2010, 08:22 AM
does anyone have a link to a decent website that may have still shots of the recent episode of Clone Wars ? I really loved the way the clones looked in Deserter and was thinking of making some. any help would be greatly appreciated

Blue2th
01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
The shuttle Anakin flew to rescue Eeth Koth looked alot like the Alpha Series Action Fleet Concept Imperial Shuttle. I bet thats where they got idea for the design.

I was noticing that Grievous also had a cough. I thought that happened later in his encounter with Mace on Coruscant.

All in all I enjoyed both episodes. Grievous is a more devious Grievous.

Those were Eopies in "Deserter" They must be in other parts of the galaxy besides Tatooine.

DarkJedi5
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
The shuttle Anakin flew to rescue Eeth Koth looked alot like the Alpha Series Action Fleet Concept Imperial Shuttle. I bet thats where they got idea for the design.

Yeah, on the episode guide (http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode209.html) at the official website (at the bottom in the trivia section), they say that it was taken from the Joe Johnston design for the Emperor's shuttle.

Darth Metalmute
01-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I knew I saw that shuttle before, i just couldn't put my finger on where.

What were those Star Destroyer-esque ships with the Rebublic Cruiser engines?

DarkJedi5
01-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I knew I saw that shuttle before, i just couldn't put my finger on where.

What were those Star Destroyer-esque ships with the Rebublic Cruiser engines?

Episode guide calls them Republic Light Cruisers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2010, 03:12 PM
does anyone have a link to a decent website that may have still shots of the recent episode of Clone Wars ? I really loved the way the clones looked in Deserter and was thinking of making some. any help would be greatly appreciated
StarWars.com has episode guides that have 50 stills from each episode, along with concept art and other stuff.

I was noticing that Grievous also had a cough. I thought that happened later in his encounter with Mace on Coruscant.
Well, that's how it happened in the micro-series, since they didn't add the cough to ROTS until relatively late, so it wasn't part of the character when he first appeared in the micro-series. But Grievous has been coughing throughout this series, which is more in line with how they wanted to show that his modifications weren't necessarily benefitting him.

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Huh, that's so weird, I didn't even think twice about the shuttle design, and I have it right here on my desk from the Action Fleet Series Alpha piece. Good eye!

Blue2th
01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey maybe Hasbro can re-issue it in Clone Wars colors Action Fleet! :yes:
That along with the Republic Cruiser, Trade Federation Landing Craft, AAT, MTT! All in different Clone Wars colors.

Uh huh like that's going to happen. :rolleyes:
I can dream. :cross-eye

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Hasbro could really make my day by exploiting Action Fleet for Clone Wars like that. I guess that's what the SW Transformers line is doing now instead.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Last night was the first time I caught a CW show in '10. These two were decent, if not predictable. I will admit that I was shocked to see Rex hit and also wondered if this was how they'd show the ravages of war that spare no one (he wasn't in ROTS, right?).

And I guess fighting off 4 lightsabers at once just isn't as tough as it used to be. In my day... :o

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
I will admit that I was shocked to see Rex hit and also wondered if this was how they'd show the ravages of war that spare no one (he wasn't in ROTS, right?).
Well, he might be. Or he might not be. If he's still around in ROTS, he would likely go with Vader into the temple, in generic armor.

A new episode, "Lightsaber Lost", is next week (January 22). The week after that is "The Mandalore Plot". Finally!

Rocketboy
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I think the "Deserter" episode planted a seed for the final season.
It showed Rex that he doesn't have to just follow orders and there is the possibility he could have more.

And considering Rex and Ahsoka are the two main characters we don't know the fate of yet combined withe the fact that they will more than likely (and unfortunately) not kill Ahsoka, I have a feeling the final fates of Rex and Ahsoka will be intertwined and the two of them will end up similar to the deserter clone, hidden away from the Empire on a farm somewhere.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-16-2010, 06:25 PM
And considering Rex and Ahsoka are the two main characters we don't know the fate of yet combined withe the fact that they will more than likely (and unfortunately) not kill Ahsoka, I have a feeling the final fates of Rex and Ahsoka will be intertwined and the two of them will end up similar to the deserter clone, hidden away from the Empire on a farm somewhere.So you're saying Rex and Ahsoka will marry? :eek: ;) He's only 12 years old, and she's about 14, so their ages make it okay in a decade or so.

Rocketboy
01-16-2010, 10:25 PM
So you're saying Rex and Ahsoka will marry? :eek: ;) He's only 12 years old, and she's about 14, so their ages make it okay in a decade or so.No, but I do think they will escape the carnage together and rely on each other for survival.
And knowing Star Wars, they'll more than likely end up as a smuggler duo and the EU will place them in the Cantina during A New Hope, somehow never attracting Obi-Wan's attention.

morpheus282
01-16-2010, 10:53 PM
No, but I do think they will escape the carnage together and rely on each other for survival.
And knowing Star Wars, they'll more than likely end up as a smuggler duo and the EU will place them in the Cantina during A New Hope, somehow never attracting Obi-Wan's attention.

... or they could end the series with Ahsoka being promoted to full Jedi status and sent off on her own, leaving us to assume that she was either killed by her own clones a la order 66 or that she somehow escaped the carnage like so many other EU Jedi apparently did.

I've got a feeling that Rex was with Anakin in the temple in the generic armor. Either that or he was killed in combat or sent off with Ahsoka.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Or, Rex became a pilot with Star Tours and sends his passengers into Death Star trenches EVERY SINGLE TIME he's on his "first" flight. :rolleyes:

Maerj2000
01-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Or, Rex became a pilot with Star Tours and sends his passengers into Death Star trenches EVERY SINGLE TIME he's on his "first" flight. :rolleyes:

One pilot for this flight, RX-24 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/wiki/RX-24), was the newest of the RX (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/wiki/RX) droids that Star Tours purchased from Ruebens. The problem that arose from this particular droid was that it was delivered with a "Remove Before Flight" label inserted into its body that failed to be removed. This label caused the droid to have various problems, including a sense of thrill seeking where it would constantly put its ship and passengers into increasingly dangerous situations. It also failed to actually make it to the Endor moon other than speeding quickly out of the system. Finally, the label also unfortunately wiped "Captain Rex's" memory after every flight, therefore causing the droid to believe that every flight was his first.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Tours

Pic here:

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/PictFrame.php?Images/Disneyland/REX.jpg

Darth Metalmute
01-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Or, Palpatine sends Rex and Ahsoka to the remote molton lava planet of Mustafar. Ahsoka receives a dark vision through the force of what is to oneday occur. She decides to leave the order but Rex tries to stop her. And battle occurs, and Rex's gets amnesia from an explosion as another control room is destroyed. Together, Rex and Ahsoka escape and join the Out Rim Green Peace.

10 years later, they are arrested on the live action TV show for sabatoging a Imperial Outpost by Commander Thrawn. They are taken before Palpatine where Rex is reconized as the traitorous clone Captain and executed. Palpatine thinks it will be "fun" to let Vader deal with Ahoska. Upon seeing Ahoska, conflicted feelings become to overcome him. Ahoska, still not knowing who Vader is, senses those feelings and trys to convert Vader to the light. Words, such as, "I can feel the good in you" and "I sense the conflict" are thrown about. Eventually Vader over powers Ahoska, and right before he delivers the final blow, he reveals to her who he is.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Eventually Vader over powers Ahoska, and right before he delivers the final blow, he reveals to her who he is.I'm Kilroy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
It's an interesting theory about Rex and Ahsoka. I have no idea what will happen, which is kind of exciting.

Yesterday, a friend and I watched the movie and all 22 episodes of season one (yes, it took a long time). It was cool to see how much it changed over the course of the season, and to keep in mind again how much more intense season two has been. Since we were watching the DVD, a few of the episodes were "director's cuts". The only differences I noticed were in Innocents of Ryloth and Liberty on Ryloth; the former had a little bit more of the scene after Obi-Wan and the clones get off the gunship, and both had some genuinely funny battle droid moments (with one being very Life of Brian-y). I honestly couldn't tell a difference in any of the other episodes, aside from how the commercial break fades were changed.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Or, based on post-Prequels EU, Ahsoka lives, and somewhere, somehow Luke Skywalker meets her and she explains about how he turned bad and the "good" SkyGuy he used to be.

JimJamBonds
01-17-2010, 11:05 PM
or, based on post-prequels eu, ahsoka lives, and somewhere, somehow luke skywalker meets her and she explains about how he turned bad and the "good" skyguy he used to be.

of course!!!

Rocketboy
01-17-2010, 11:23 PM
It's an interesting theory about Rex and Ahsoka. I have no idea what will happen, which is kind of exciting.That is a theory I've had since the movie/show debuted.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2010, 06:09 PM
StarWars.com (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/news20100121ads/index.html) posted a billboard from the upcoming Lightsaber Lost. I couldn't tell at first, but it says "Star Tours: Glee Anselm. Call 1-800-555-6576." That is beyond awesome. :D

morpheus282
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Have you called the number yet?

Maradona
01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
The synopsis for "Lightsaber Lost" reads very similar to the Kurosawa film Stray Dog.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2010, 07:10 PM
The synopsis for "Lightsaber Lost" reads very similar to the Kurosawa film Stray Dog.
Not until I read your post. "Meet anyone fun lately? Men and women talk all day long, etc. . . ." Just a pre-recorded thing for another phone number, unfortunately.

You're right. I hadn't heard of that film until you mentioned it, but it ties in with the tradition of Kurosawa references. Nice catch!

clone157
01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I still say that Lucas is waiting to do "Special Editions" of the prequels. It has been said that he filmed 2 different deaths for Shaak Ti. I still say that one will be changed to reveal the death of Ashoka Tano. As for Rex, I still don't understand the big effect he will have that they talked about at the launch of the show.

DarkJedi5
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
I still say that Lucas is waiting to do "Special Editions" of the prequels. It has been said that he filmed 2 different deaths for Shaak Ti. I still say that one will be changed to reveal the death of Ashoka Tano. As for Rex, I still don't understand the big effect he will have that they talked about at the launch of the show.

Okay but in one of those deaths Darth Vader kills her in the Jedi Temple. I don't think there's really anyway "Darth Vader" would kill Asohka as his first victim of the Jedi purge. I really do think she might have been able to redeem him at that point (they are very close in the show and it's just not credible to me at this point). The other Shaak Ti death scene is aboard Grievous' ship like right at the beginning and the rest of that scene didn't work if they just killed her and if you added a scene that didn't work and change the character to some one important I really don't think it would work.

morpheus282
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
StarWars.com (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/news20100121ads/index.html) posted a billboard from the upcoming Lightsaber Lost. I couldn't tell at first, but it says "Star Tours: Glee Anselm. Call 1-800-555-6576." That is beyond awesome. :D

Would you believe that the picture you linked to has already been posted on the wikipedia page for aurebesh?

Rocketboy
01-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll miss tomorrow's episode since I have to work until 9 and won't get home until 9:30ish.
Then I'll miss the west coast feed at midnight because I'll be saying goodbye to Coco.
Good thing it's an Ahsoka episode.

indyjones1981
01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Okay but in one of those deaths Darth Vader kills her in the Jedi Temple. I don't think there's really anyway "Darth Vader" would kill Asohka as his first victim of the Jedi purge. I really do think she might have been able to redeem him at that point (they are very close in the show and it's just not credible to me at this point). The other Shaak Ti death scene is aboard Grievous' ship like right at the beginning and the rest of that scene didn't work if they just killed her and if you added a scene that didn't work and change the character to some one important I really don't think it would work.

clone157 & Darkjedi5 interesting thoughts you might be right but I seem to recall George Lucas and Dave Filoni saying the character Ashoka Tano was created long after EP 3 was released in May 2005. I think it is implied that she dies during Order 66. We will find out someday for sure. We didn't see all the jedi knight members die on screen from Order 66 in Episode 3.

Maradona
01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
I've always taken it for granted that Ahsoka and Rex and maybe other characters would die at the end of the series in a way that would push Anakin further down the path to the dark side. We haven't seen much of his dark side come out in this show, at least not yet, unlike the overt hints in the original Clone Wars series.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2010, 01:55 AM
I've always taken it for granted that Ashoka and Rex and maybe other characters would die at the end of the series in a way that would push Anakin further down the path to the dark side. We haven't seen much of his dark side come out in this show, at least not yet, unlike the overt hints in the original Clone Wars series.
They've had some stuff here and there - the most obvious being in Brain Invaders when he chokes Poggle - but they've said before that this is really the time to show Anakin as the hero that we all heard about so many years ago. So I see them as doing this show with Anakin as Jedi hero first, potential Vader (distant) second. The show has already gotten so much darker since the film that I have to imagine they'll include more darkness as the show continues.

The other Shaak Ti death scene is aboard Grievous' ship like right at the beginning and the rest of that scene didn't work if they just killed her and if you added a scene that didn't work and change the character to some one important I really don't think it would work.
I agree; I doubt they'll add Ahsoka into ROTS, as Dave and the crew seem pretty intent on having a good finale for her at the end of the series that ties into what already exists. I don't think Grievous will kill her; Anakin's not nearly mad enough at him for that. Plus, the scene where Grievous kills Shaak Ti leads to a lot of extra action that couldn't really be easily cut; that scene is on the DVD, so watch it if you haven't. If Ahsoka gets killed, I'm putting my money on Cad Bane doing it, and Anakin killing him in turn, thus explaining why it isn't mentioned in his interactions with Dooku or Grievous in ROTS.

clone157 & Darkjedi5 interesting thoughts you might be right but I seem to recall George Lucas and Dave Filoni saying the character Ashoka Tano was created long after EP 3 was released in May 2005. I think it is implied that she dies during Order 66. We will find out someday for sure. We didn't see all the jedi knight members die on screen from Order 66 in Episode 3.
I still tend to think she'll be out of the picture before the events of ROTS. Anakin and Obi-Wan have had missions in the show without her, and haven't mentioned her, so I guess it's possible that she's still around in ROTS, but I doubt it.

2-1B
01-22-2010, 11:37 PM
That was pretty rough tonight...although I liked the old Yak Face Jedi, he was charming. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Pretty rough, as in not a good episode? I thought it was pretty good. It was definitely different from much of what we've seen, but in a good way. It was strange that three of the main characters were from never-before-seen species, which was jarring to see at times. Cassie Cryar looked like she was based on Darth Maul concept art (http://www.dayofthejedi.com/articles/2008/09/images/prequelconcept/sith1_lg.jpg), which was kind of cool. Tera Sinube was pretty cool, and I liked his lightsaber being part of his cane. It was interesting about Ahsoka being responsible for any deaths caused by her lightsaber, too.

In other news, I'm damn excited for the Mandalorian episodes to start next week. :D