PDA

View Full Version : First look at the new Clone Wars 'toon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Rocketboy
01-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Why do people keep referring to that horrible Cyborg Darth Maul story as canon?

Beast
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Why do people keep referring to that horrible Cyborg Darth Maul story as canon?
Cause much like Boba Fett, a shallow one-dimensional character has been elevated by fans into somthing he never was. It's all style over substance. So just like the fan mentality that Boba Fett is awesome got him brought back in the horrid EU, fans are willing to accept any crap with Darth Maul's character slapped on it as awesome.

El Chuxter
01-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Isn't everyone forgetting that in that story Maul, IIRC, says he kept his existence a secret from everyone else and, after recuperating, spent every waking moment searching for Obi-Wan? He didn't have time to train any siblings if that's where this story is supposed to end up.

And it was an absolutely stupid story. Pretty pictures, nice design for Cyborg Maul, but the story was one Rob Liefeld wouldn't have put his real name on.

Blue2th
01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
The cats out of the bag, or the Maul's in the ball. Whatya gonna do? They've got some kinda story planned.
If the comic book story was never written I still think Maul could be put back together like any other cyborg in Star Wars.
A severely burned Anakin with his limbs cut off could live and be put into a special suit.

Maybe Maul will just be a spirit.

DarkJedi5
01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
I would like to point out that the Visionaries comic was never supposed to be canon in the first place. They just let some concept artists make up some stories. It was more about the art than the plot. Unfortunately I think people latched on to it and so others are trying to retcon it into the canon.

I mean, if Maul wasn't dead, wouldn't Sidious have know? Maybe he was ready to replace him but why not have him waiting in the wings in case Dooku blew it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
I would like to point out that the Visionaries comic was never supposed to be canon in the first place. They just let some concept artists make up some stories. It was more about the art than the plot. Unfortunately I think people latched on to it and so others are trying to retcon it into the canon.

I mean, if Maul wasn't dead, wouldn't Sidious have know? Maybe he was ready to replace him but why not have him waiting in the wings in case Dooku blew it?
Marked was in Tales, actually. An example of something from Visionaries becoming pseudo-canon is the Grievous backstory, which has basically been negated (surprise :p ) by The Clone Wars.

JimJamBonds
01-25-2011, 06:11 AM
I'll take it a step further and say, if Sid's knew Maul was alive but replaced him with Dookers then why didn't Sids replace Vader after Mustafar?

Rocketboy
01-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I'll take it a step further and say, if Sid's knew Maul was alive but replaced him with Dookers then why didn't Sids replace Vader after Mustafar?And let that one-of-a-kind, intricate, kick *ss suit, which just so happens to fit Anakin, that Sidious just happened to have laying around just go to waste?

DarkJedi5
01-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Marked was in Tales, actually. An example of something from Visionaries becoming pseudo-canon is the Grievous backstory, which has basically been negated (surprise :p ) by The Clone Wars.

I meant that the cyborg Maul was in Visionaries. Sorry for the confusion.

JimJamBonds
01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
And let that one-of-a-kind, intricate, kick *ss suit, which just so happens to fit Anakin, that Sidious just happened to have laying around just go to waste?
Ummm.... yeah? :D

Darth Metalmute
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
If the comic book story was never written I still think Maul could be put back together like any other cyborg in Star Wars.

Yeah but didn't he fall into a large reactor shaft that was hundreds of feet deep and land on his head? They probably could have put him back together, but I doubt he would have survived that fall.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah but didn't he fall into a large reactor shaft that was hundreds of feet deep and land on his head? They probably could have put him back together, but I doubt he would have survived that fall.

Maybe the top half landed on the bottom half and cushioned his fall.

Blue2th
01-26-2011, 02:47 AM
The same force that the Jedi and Sith use to jump around super human distances while they're fighting in that reactor room can be used to cushion his fall.
Savage used it extensively. I'm sure Maul a Sith Lord had more power than he did.

Darth Metalmute
01-26-2011, 07:26 AM
But after Obi-Wan sliced him in half, you can see his eyes roll into the back of his head, meaning he passed out. Maybe the reactor was tall enough that he could have come to during the fall, composed himself, and used the force to cushion his fall, but thats seems more like Robot Chicken to me.

Blue2th
01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
That would make a good episode for Robot Chicken. lol
They just had one with Boba and the Sarlac Pit.

I dunno, just because your eyes roll back in your head doesn't mean your dead, but rather excruciating pain.

We can point-counterpoint this all day long, but fact is we saw Maul in that crystal ball. Is he alive? Only god (George) can decide that.

Darth Metalmute
01-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I didn't mean he was dead when he fell, just that the excruciating pain caused him to black out.

But you are right, we could point-counterpoint this all day long. :lipsrsealed:

Blue2th
01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Bonus preview for "Overlords" is up: http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/

JimJamBonds
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
That is nothing like the Allied invasion of fortress Europea.

JediTricks
01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Just added the press release from Lucasfilm on tomorrow's Clone Wars episode. Not sure why they waited until Thursday to send it out.

The article mentions that Pernilla August is returning to voice Shmi in the episode. That I found surprising enough to change the title of the article, the ep has Shmi AND Qui-Gon.

Oh, and the picture looks straight out of Tron Legacy.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=57&p2_articleid=3216

Maerj2000
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for posting that, I'm really looking forward to this episode! It will be interesting to see where they go with all of this.

JimJamBonds
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
So she is some sort of ghost as well I'm guessing? :ehhbadidea:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-27-2011, 06:15 PM
The article mentions that Pernilla August is returning to voice Shmi in the episode. That I found surprising enough to change the title of the article, the ep has Shmi AND Qui-Gon.So... now that we're both dead, are you seeing anybody?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
That's really surprising about Shmi - I'm assuming it's a vision more than a ghost, but who knows. This arc sounds insanely cool.

Darth Metalmute
02-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I thought it was a very good episode. I only hope that they don't try to sell this as the point to him being the chosen one.

That's really surprising about Shmi - I'm assuming it's a vision more than a ghost, but who knows.

I thought they explained that as being the head force users son. He said that it was probably his son as his son can take on any form.

The only thing I didn't get was the Qui-Gon scene. Yoda says at the end of Episode III that he can communicate with Qui-Gon and he will teach Obi-Wan how to do it. Obi-Wan appeared completely surprised that Qui-Gon could manifest himself with the force. My point being, how can Obi-Wan talk to Qui-Gon here and not act as if this was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and then be completely surprised that he will be taught to communicate with him later. I'm hoping it was a dream or the force users testing him.

JediTricks
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Just posted the latest Lucasfilm press release about this week's episode:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/content.php/25-The-Dark-Side-Takes-Hold-in-the-Second-Chapter-of-an-Epic-Three-Part-Clone-Wars-Arc

It confirms the obvious about this arc.

I haven't had a chance to read the thoughts in this thread since my last post, the forums went into upgrade mode before I could read the thread and I'm trying to take care of some other stuff right now, but with regards to Friday's episode, I found it an interesting one with some bold ideas and a mature concept behind the storyline - it just didn't feel a bit like Star Wars. It felt to me like sci-fi/fantasy novels from the '60s and '70s, even the floating mountains and other imagery. There's nothing exactly wrong with that, but it's taking these ideas WAY outside the rather specific types of magic shown in the existing SW, and I'm not sure I can follow. If this were more of a mindgame, more of an ethereal metaphor than it currently is presenting itself, that I could appreciate, but this is a fairly direct and tangible version of the metaphor. And the underlying metaphor itself is one that Lucas should have addressed in the prequels rather than float and then let drop (like so many other important prequel tangents).

Mad Slanted Powers
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Something about the floating mountains did sound familiar, like something from a Star Wars novel or video game.

Blue2th
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Something about the floating mountains did sound familiar, like something from a Star Wars novel or video game.
Avatar? Though he got it from Roger Dean and the many Yes albums.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://api.ning.com/files/79xb1yI4El-k7tnQzg9raZPX3h9WzpfcnMtfwT6Be4EgrFd0-56xky-XIbQ14bx-MrgTEJmpT7K9-jDag-SwYnuC-ZxGZZAt/FlightsOfIcarus600.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D20%26t%3D29512%26start%3D75&h=450&w=600&sz=18&tbnid=ejfcW1xgoOtb5M:&tbnh=101&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Droger%2Bdean&zoom=1&q=roger+dean&usg=__HbR8oU1SA4rKA9cy8upkHNXq8Tg=&sa=X&ei=vrJITcH1M4nCsAOcybiUCg&ved=0CEUQ9QEwBA

Mad Slanted Powers
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Avatar? Though he got it from Roger Dean and the many Yes albums.Perhaps it was Avatar. That was somewhat recent in my mind, but I had already forgot that detail.

jedibear
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
This last episode was one giant WTF moment, and not in a good way.
Liam Neeson returned only to be a throwaway scene that generated no emotion or heat at all other than to possibly undo even more of what the movies have established. Poor Pernilla August didn't fare much better, reduced to a shrieking harpy in a "vision".

And what were Obi, Ani and Tano doing on Pandora anyway? I was waiting for the Navai to show up.

And so far, this re-explanation for the force is pretty bad...at this rate, all it's going to take to have the force is to just "feel like it" or something.

I'll watch the rest of it, but this is already looking like another over-hyped mess with a little stunt-voice casting to draw in people.

I'll never make fun of the political-heavy episodes or any shopping trips the droids want to take again...but I don't know how much more Filoni Baloney this old fan can take...too many witches, spells and magic tricks...less like Star Wars and more like some shopworn "sword and sorcery" nonsense.

Wasn't there a war on? Can we get back to the war please?

On a sidenote: Site's looking great!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I thought they explained that as being the head force users son. He said that it was probably his son as his son can take on any form.
Well, yeah, I got that. I posted that before the episode aired.

This episode left me quite confused, which I really like. I've considered the thought that this could be the Netherworld of the Force - the name Mortis, after all, means death. I know that Shmi was obviously the Son, but what about Qui-Gon and mature Ahsoka? Qui-Gon could have possibly been the spirit, manifesting itself on the planet (leading credibility to the Netherworld theory). He could have also easily been the Daughter, but it's hard to say.

I'm loving Sam Witwer's performance as the Son. In an interview, he said that the character's going to sound like various Dark Side characters at different times - you can definitely hear Starkiller and Palpatine in the preview clip, as he played both in TFU. Very cool.

I think Liam's showing up in another episode, so I wouldn't get upset about not seeing enough of him quite yet. As it is, that scene was quite cool, if indeed too short.

Again, as with the last arc, at the very least I'm enjoying honestly not knowing what's going to happen next.

Jedibear, there's evidently a three-episode arc focused on Rex coming up soon. These are just exploring different avenues and sidetracks during the same time period. It's not like we don't already have a ton of clones-vs.-droids episodes, and those can easily get quite repetitive.

masterväder
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
omg clone wars is like the one of dissapoint cartoons after smucktapes :lipsrsealed: the only gud prat was savage oppres who was like the COOLEST EVAR:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: almost as cool as darth maul lol that's why his on my avatars de u know:pleased::pleased::pleased:

JEDIpartner
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
omg clone wars is like the one of dissapoint cartoons after smucktapes :lipsrsealed: the only gud prat was savage oppres who was like the COOLEST EVAR:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: almost as cool as darth maul lol that's why his on my avatars de u know:pleased::pleased::pleased:

Uhhhhh... :confused:

So... the first episode in the Mortis cycle was pretty good. Interesting exploration of what may or may not be adding to the mythology of the Chosen One.

Talking about this episode is sorta like talking about an episode of Lost in that it's an episode with "Son" and "Jinn". :laugh:

I know that Shmi was obviously the Son, but what about Qui-Gon and mature Ahsoka? Qui-Gon could have possibly been the spirit, manifesting itself on the planet (leading credibility to the Netherworld theory). He could have also easily been the Daughter, but it's hard to say.

If you watch the episode, Qui-Gon Jinn appears with that shimmery luminous Force apparition goodness, but Shmi does not-- and neither does mature Ahsoka. So-- I think there are a couple different things at play here.

I also feel that the ghost of Qui-Gon IS, indeed, the ghost of Qui-Gon, but because there is so much trickery at play on Mortis, Obi-Wan doesn't realise that it was the real deal, thus, he is still surprised at Yoda's revelation at the end of ROTS.

Darth Metalmute
02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
I also feel that the ghost of Qui-Gon IS, indeed, the ghost of Qui-Gon, but because there is so much trickery at play on Mortis, Obi-Wan doesn't realise that it was the real deal, thus, he is still surprised at Yoda's revelation at the end of ROTS.

That makes sense, I guess. I still think Obi-Wan would have acted more surprised that Qui-Gon was "floating" in front of him. He acted like, "Oh, it's you again".

Darth Metalmute
02-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't know whether or not to feel annoyed that the entire Star Wars Saga has been boiled down to a three part Clone Wars episode.

jedibear
02-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Jedibear, there's evidently a three-episode arc focused on Rex coming up soon. These are just exploring different avenues and sidetracks during the same time period. It's not like we don't already have a ton of clones-vs.-droids episodes, and those can easily get quite repetitive.

Not if the stories were good, the characters were interesting and the action was varied.

I watched part 2 of this "Mortis" story and...ugh. It was even more annoying than the first part. After tonight's episode. I've come to the conclusion that other than the pretty pictures, there's nothing there.

This series will end up being as "canon" to me SW story-wise as the Droids/Ewoks cartoons (maybe less).

It just isn't playing like SW to me with all of the sword-and-sorcery nonsense. The "Force People" did nothing but spout Star Wars cliches at each other. Even the imagery was one cliche after another, with the tall spire/castles (where was the eye of Sauron?), flying Griffin/Dragon things, stoney, long-faced "wizards", ugh. I hope it turns out that these are just some log-lived race of force-users who are strong in the force, but not the be-all, end-all of the force...just something that doesn't negate the ideas of the force as it's presented in the films. Heck, even the midiclorians make enoug sense and leave enough of the "mystery" behind to keep it interesting.

I understand that since this is a weekly show that's trying to appeal to as broad a demographic as possible that they want to produce some variety...but there should be a way to write/produce that without resorting to the dime-store fantasy schlock-fest it's been on for a month...

I'm glad to hear some clone-centric episodes are coming, especially with Rex. The show is still called "The Clone Wars" after all... :)

Darth Metalmute
02-05-2011, 08:21 AM
You ever notice (that in all cartoons, movies, etc) whenever a key object has to be passed from one person to another, no matter how close two people are together, it's always tossed instead of handed over, and always intercepted by the very person/group that the item is to be used against?

I learned along time ago in scouts the correct way to pass a blade from one person to another. You would have thought that Obi-Wan would have learned the same lesson at Jedi school.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure if the CW tagline should be changed from "Secrets Revealed" to "Confusion Increased." SCHOOLING ALERT (with an emphasis on literature) In a novel, the exposition parts are meant to take time, and perhaps be seen as dull or boring, but they are, if well-written, key to understanding later plot scenarios. I just don't see these 3-episode arcs doing that. There was so much potential to tie-in the Prequel and OT films, but it's getting murkier and in some cases, wrong.

A lot of LOTR appeared in this one. For a brief nanosecond, I wondered if this would be Ahsoka's end, as well as if Anakin would blow up in anger over that. How long does it take to steal a ship and leave a planet anyway?

Odd, head-scratchingly odd.

sonofsokol
02-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I learned along time ago in scouts the correct way to pass a blade from one person to another. You would have thought that Obi-Wan would have learned the same lesson at Jedi school.

Yes, I do believe Obi-wan would have lost his Totin' Chip (http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/MeritBadges/totin.aspx) after that maneuver:yes:

JediTricks
02-05-2011, 02:10 PM
This episode started stronger than I was expecting, almost in a mature manner, but then it got pretty full of itself and went downhill fast.

Excellent point about the weapon being tossed for cheesy effect. These are Jedi too, couldn't they just use the Force to see it'll get intercepted, or use the Force to keep someone away from it, or something that still gets to show them using a cheap cartoon action move without being stupidly contrived?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes, I do believe Obi-wan would have lost his Totin' Chip (http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/MeritBadges/totin.aspx) after that maneuver:yes:Didn't it used to be called a "Totin' Chit"? I used to think that the Boy Scouts made a bad word term then. :eek:

sonofsokol
02-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I thought it was "chit" too, but I couldn't find anything other than "totin' chip" online.
I did however, find a Firem'n Chit (http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/MeritBadges/firem.aspx), but I honestly don't remember every earning or receiving it at any point in my scouting career

Darth Metalmute
02-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I watched it for a second time to get it off my DVR. Was Ashoka dead? And Anakin brought her back to life? So in EIII when he is looking for a way to bring Padme back to life, he had previously done it a year or two before? And he used light side energy to do it, so why would he not try to find that planet again?

And checking out the preview for the last episode of this arc, Anakin is shown his future. Although cool to see it animated, wouldn't he realize what was going on and try to stop it? And should he be choking Padme in the correct outfit? Have the writers even watched the movie? Is this the product of everyone having a short attention span?

Beast
02-05-2011, 09:39 PM
It appears that Ashoka was indeed dead. But Anakin seemed to be more of a conduit for the Daughter's powers guided by her father through Anakin, rather than bringing her back to life himself. And from everything we've seen of Mortis and the Father, Son, and Daughter... it seems to more that they are aspects of the Force it's self. The Father being the Force in Balance, with the Son and Daughter being the fractured aspects of the Dark and Light Side. Especially if as the Father said, his Daughter's death would bring the Dark Side more power in the Universe. I don't think we're ever supposed to know the true nature of the realm they're in.

As for the vision's Anakin sees next episode, they may be the original events that occured before Anakin saw those glimpses into the future. And much like what happened in Revenge of the Sith, Anakin's actions to prevent those visions simply caused them to occur. It seemed to be Anakin's destiny to go down this path, no matter how many avenues he follows in order to prevent it. We'll see how it plays out. But that's the easiest explaination for things.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2011, 12:01 AM
I was just now able to watch it, and it was pretty damn intense. I wonder how it's going to play out next week.

I watched it for a second time to get it off my DVR. Was Ashoka dead? And Anakin brought her back to life? So in EIII when he is looking for a way to bring Padme back to life, he had previously done it a year or two before? And he used light side energy to do it, so why would he not try to find that planet again?
I wondered that as well, but it was through the Daughter's final act that Ahsoka was able to live again. With the Daughter now dead, her energy is gone and the Dark Side is consuming the planet, so I don't think it would be able to work again.

And checking out the preview for the last episode of this arc, Anakin is shown his future. Although cool to see it animated, wouldn't he realize what was going on and try to stop it? And should he be choking Padme in the correct outfit? Have the writers even watched the movie? Is this the product of everyone having a short attention span?
Why don't we not over-analyze a 30-second clip of an upcoming episode quite yet. ;) I don't think it's fair to rag on the creators of this show for something like that, at least not until we have more details.

It just isn't playing like SW to me with all of the sword-and-sorcery nonsense. The "Force People" did nothing but spout Star Wars cliches at each other. Even the imagery was one cliche after another, with the tall spire/castles (where was the eye of Sauron?), flying Griffin/Dragon things, stoney, long-faced "wizards", ugh. I hope it turns out that these are just some log-lived race of force-users who are strong in the force, but not the be-all, end-all of the force...just something that doesn't negate the ideas of the force as it's presented in the films. Heck, even the midiclorians make enoug sense and leave enough of the "mystery" behind to keep it interesting.

Well, SW means different things to different people. This is obviously outside the realm of what we've seen before, but Anakin is my favorite character and the prophecy of the Chosen One has always been very intriguing to me as a SW fan. My favorite moments in the films aren't necessarily the ones where we focus directly on the war (in any of the films). Yes, it's called Clone Wars . . . but just because the movies are called Star Wars doesn't mean that they focus on war itself the entire time.

SW has always used centuries-old imagery and ideas. Sure, it's more overt here, but it's really nothing new overall.

I love the clone episodes as well, and I want more of them, too. But connections to the mythology of the films, and even changing our perception of them in some way, is something I really love about this series. I like to have my ideas shaken up every once in a while, to make me question things from the films I've assumed and taken for granted. To me, there's room for both kinds of episodes. It's too bad you don't feel the same way.

I'm not sure if the CW tagline should be changed from "Secrets Revealed" to "Confusion Increased." SCHOOLING ALERT (with an emphasis on literature) In a novel, the exposition parts are meant to take time, and perhaps be seen as dull or boring, but they are, if well-written, key to understanding later plot scenarios. I just don't see these 3-episode arcs doing that. There was so much potential to tie-in the Prequel and OT films, but it's getting murkier and in some cases, wrong.
I'm not sure I get what you're talking about. Are you saying these episodes are supposed to be exposition? Which ones in particular - just the Mortis arc? With the six films in and of themselves, we already know everything we absolutely need to know (including all necessary exposition). These just help us to think about things in a new way.

Darth Metalmute
02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I have a hard time believing that Lucas' grand scheme for the Chosen One was to baby sit these two force brats. It seems like a lot of build up for nothing. My guess is, these three have a different interpretation of the Jedi scripture and this story arc was just that, a story arc.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Well, a quick search seemed to show that "chit" has been changed to "chip," perhaps to avoid any "oops" moments from kids. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I get what you're talking about. Are you saying these episodes are supposed to be exposition? Which ones in particular - just the Mortis arc? With the six films in and of themselves, we already know everything we absolutely need to know (including all necessary exposition). These just help us to think about things in a new way.Well, they've been saying that "secrets" will be "revealed" of course, but all the episodes seem to do is talk about information (exposition) that contradicts established SW stories, while also introducing some confusing details (that almost appear to need MORE exposition for them to make sense).

I would like to know more about what the films DIDN'T tell us, or what they left out, not other new irrelevent stuff. That's all.

JimJamBonds
02-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I was surprised that Ashoka died, shocked actually. I thought that would have been a good way for her to leave the show, plus with the death of the daughter the dark can gain power. Maybe that would have been a bit much for one episode (that isn't the series finale) but I would have liked to have seen it.

Tycho
02-06-2011, 06:58 PM
I really didn't like all this fantasy stuff with the brother and the sister mutating into a bad copy of the Van Helsing movie.

jedibear
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I really didn't like all this fantasy stuff with the brother and the sister mutating into a bad copy of the Van Helsing movie.

THANK YOU!!!
That's my problem with this show veering so far into fantasy as opposed to it's own established reality. The imagery is almost like stock footage from other (outside) things we've seen.
I'm not against a variety of story-telling in the show or by having my perceptions of what's come before (like in the movies) challenged. It's just that all we're being presented with here is lame imagery coupled with overused lines from the films (heck, I can't believe no one's spouted the ever-overused "I have a bad feeling about this" in this arc yet...but hey, there's one more week to go). At least the "Witches" arc featured some great character moments for Assaj, Dooku and the new character Opress.

If this show really wants to have something to say about the "chosen one" or the nature of the force, hopefully it can do it in a much more compelling and original than what this arc's presented. Not wanting to offend anybody who's into it...just stating my view.... :)

Phantom-like Menace
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I have a hard time believing that Lucas' grand scheme for the Chosen One was to baby sit these two force brats. It seems like a lot of build up for nothing. My guess is, these three have a different interpretation of the Jedi scripture and this story arc was just that, a story arc.

I haven't seen Mortis, only Overlords, so I could be completely off base. It could be more complicated than whether they were right or wrong. Keeping Son and Daughter on equal footing, balancing them, may work toward balancing the Force, but that may be only one thing he might do or might not do that would eventually balance the Force. Either way, if this was what it was all meant to be, it would seem kind of moot for Yoda and Mace to be discussing whether or not Anakin was the chosen one in Revenge of the Sith later in the chronology.

Beast
02-07-2011, 07:26 AM
They're not discussing whether or not Anakin was the chosen one...

They were discussing that there could be grave consequences if the prophecy had been misread or misinterpreted by the Jedis. Which judging by what happens, is exactly what did occur.

Not to mention, they weren't involved in the Mortis mission. So don't have first hand knowledge of the events that occur there. We don't even know how much they were or weren't told.

Darth Metalmute
02-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Obi-Wan was there though, so we can assume that all the events were reported to the Jedi Council.

Phantom-like Menace
02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
They're not discussing whether or not Anakin was the chosen one...

They were discussing that there could be grave consequences if the prophecy had been misread or misinterpreted by the Jedis. Which judging by what happens, is exactly what did occur.

Not to mention, they weren't involved in the Mortis mission. So don't have first hand knowledge of the events that occur there. We don't even know how much they were or weren't told.

Obi-Wan asks if Anakin is not the Chosen One, if he is not supposed to destroy the Sith and balance the Force. Mace says that's what the prophecy says. Yoda says it may have been misinterpreted. Whether the possible misinterpretation was what balance meant, that the Sith would be destroyed, that Anakin was the Chosen One, or all of the above really isn't made clear. In any event, they're heavily discussing the prophecy as a hypothetical, not something they ever once considered having already been done.

Blue2th
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Once again "it's all Obi-Wan's fault" only this time he really set Anakin up for what he was destined to become by tossing that blade and Ashoka grabbing it.
This is really turning into some kind of ironic tragedy.

Lots of references to other genres as mentioned. I saw some LOTR in there, even some Star Trek. I suppose they couldn't use a cube for Mortis but rather a diamond shape. Even Ashoka looked like she was infected with Borg nano probes.

Still I'm enjoying this story arc.

JimJamBonds
02-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Lots of references to other genres as mentioned.
And don't forget the use of "excaliber."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Guess who's coming to the show? (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/look_whos_tarkin/index.html) I can't really say it's unexpected, but it's still awesome.

JimJamBonds
02-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Guess who's coming to the show? (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/look_whos_tarkin/index.html) I can't really say it's unexpected, but it's still awesome.
Agreed, is there anyone this show won't trot out?

Blue2th
02-10-2011, 09:43 PM
This is cool. He looks devious. I'm sure he didn't get to be Grand Moff for being a nice guy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Agreed, is there anyone this show won't trot out?

So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-11-2011, 01:49 AM
So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.
And he was also in at least one book that took place prior to the Clone Wars.

Darth Metalmute
02-11-2011, 07:19 AM

I actually on the other side of this. I can't believe it took three years for him to be in the show. He should have been in from the get-go, considering his stature at the end of EIII.

Rocketboy
02-11-2011, 10:35 AM
So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTSI would say so. ROTS moreso than this one. ROTS was a Han Solo away from an ANH reunion (which damn near almost happened).
Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, Artoo, Threepio, Owen & Beru I understood - they were necessary.
But Tarkin (with that goofy GINORMOUS head), Chewie (who never shut the f*** up), THE Millennium Falcon (although not obvious) & the Death Star (It took 19 years to build the first and 3 years to build one twice as big?) were all pointless and unnecessary.

I agree that Tarkin should have been there from the beginning if they wanted to include him. Perhaps they could have substituted him for John Cleese.

JimJamBonds
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
So you're saying it's a bad thing? He appeared in ROTS, and had a huge military role in ANH, so I really don't think they're stretching here at all. Some of the OT characters (Greedo, Sy Snootles) have been odd choices, but this makes total sense.Maybe its all of the cute "hey lets show person/thing X now, you loved them in the OT so we GOTTA show them now." That goes for both the PT and CW. (as others have said)
And he was also in at least one book that took place prior to the Clone Wars. Which has nothing to do with anything.

JediTricks
02-11-2011, 06:34 PM
The guy is a Grand Moff in ANH, that's above the highest possible rank in the Imperial Navy, so it's not surprising that he's going to be figuring into The Clone Wars in some way. I hope they handle it with some care and respect, and other than that, I have no qualms.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
But Tarkin (with that goofy GINORMOUS head), Chewie (who never shut the f*** up), THE Millennium Falcon (although not obvious) & the Death Star (It took 19 years to build the first and 3 years to build one twice as big?) were all pointless and unnecessary.I'm not sure what the EU says, but how do we know that it only took 3 years to build the 2nd one? They could have been working on it before the first one was destroyed. Also, doing something the first time is likely to take longer. Besides, the second one wasn't even complete yet.

Which has nothing to do with anything.The point I was trying to make was that the book established that he was around and involved in things long before the events of the Clone Wars. So, it isn't like he just pops up out of nowhere.

Darth Metalmute
02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
... the Death Star (It took 19 years to build the first and 3 years to build one twice as big?) were all pointless and unnecessary.

Technically, that scene with the Emperor, Vader, Tarkin, and the Death Star could have happened at any time between ROTS and ANH.

morpheus282
02-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Technically, that scene with the Emperor, Vader, Tarkin, and the Death Star could have happened at any time between ROTS and ANH.

Except that the scene was shown before Obi-Wad dropped Luke off with Owen & Beru. Luke was still an infant, and last I heard Quentin Tarantino wasn't involved with ROTS. Therefore, the scenes should flow in a chronological fashion.

Beast
02-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Frankly I'm shocked Tarkin hasn't been in it up until now. Given his Grand Moff status in A New Hope.

Looking forward to the next episode. Really liked how they handled things in this one. Especially with the reveals.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I really enjoyed the conclusion to this arc. I was glad that they connected the Chosen One prophecy back to the overall galaxy instead of just limiting it to Mortis. Having Rex think they were only gone for a second was great. :p Also very cool to get more Qui-Gon. Ahsoka's mechanic skills seemed to kind of come out of nowhere, unless I'm forgetting an earlier episode. Perhaps it's just Anakin spending time with her. I thought the visions of Anakin's future and Anakin's brief "turn to the Dark Side" were handled well; having him forget it makes it align with ROTS, but perhaps there's still something in the back of his head that will make him mistrust the Jedi more.

I guess we don't really know much more than we did at the beginning about the nature of these episodes, but I like that. They've been described as being like the tree cave from ESB, which is probably the best way to describe them.

Next week has Tarkin, Even Piell, and what looks like a lot of clones. Should be good.

Darth Metalmute
02-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Did the son spend the entire second episode of this arc trying to kill the father knowing that the father was the key to all of his power?

Except that the scene was shown before Obi-Wad dropped Luke off with Owen & Beru. Luke was still an infant, and last I heard Quentin Tarantino wasn't involved with ROTS. Therefore, the scenes should flow in a chronological fashion.

The Death Star was pretty far along for it to be before Obi-Wan dropped off Luke. That's why I always figured that was a "timeless" scene. I never thought the ending was in chronological order, it was just a rap up of where everyone ends up leading into the next film.

morpheus282
02-11-2011, 09:25 PM
The Death Star was pretty far along for it to be before Obi-Wan dropped off Luke. That's why I always figured that was a "timeless" scene. I never thought the ending was in chronological order, it was just a rap up of where everyone ends up leading into the next film.

That was one thing I really didn't like about the ending of ROTS. Based on the timeline established in the original trilogy, construction on the Death Star shouldn't have started until a few years before ANH. Maybe the one seen at the end of ROTS was a prototype?

JimJamBonds
02-11-2011, 10:14 PM
So has the show become a series of 3 episode arcs or what? This is the third one in a row, although who knows where they end up in the actual time line. I like the idea but it seems be overdone imho.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2011, 12:04 AM
So has the show become a series of 3 episode arcs or what? This is the third one in a row, although who knows where they end up in the actual time line. I like the idea but it seems be overdone imho.
There have indeed been quite a few lately, but it's not like there weren't any in the first two seasons, or any two-parters earlier. Technically, given the way that so many Season One episodes were fleshed out by Season Three episodes, the only standalone episodes that hasve no direct ties to other episodes at this point are Lightsaber Lost and Bounty Hunters (though you could say the latter has to do with the effects of one of the Felucia battles, but only tangentially). Let's take a look at the arcs, shall we?

*Christophsis - two and the movie
*Malevolence - three
*Rookies - three
*R3-S6 - two
*hunt for Nute Gunray's - three
*Dooku captured - two
*Maridun - two
*Pantora - two
*Blue Shadow Virus - two
*Ryloth - five (including Ambush, given the events of Supply Lines connecting them)
*holocron - three
*Geonosis - five
*hunt for Grievous - two
*Lightsaber Lost - one
*Mandalore's Death Watch - three
*Bounty Hunters - one
*Zillo beast - two
*Boba Fett - three
*Mandalore's corruption - two
*Ziro the Hutt - four
*military spending bill - three
*Nightsisters - three
*Mortis - three

So that's 21 arcs so far, plus two standalone episodes. Yowza!

Another thing - the episode guide says that the fact that the Father was the only one to disappear upon his death was intentional. I wonder if he and Qui-Gon had a little chit-chat.

jedibear
02-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I really enjoyed the conclusion to this arc. I was glad that they connected the Chosen One prophecy back to the overall galaxy instead of just limiting it to Mortis. Having Rex think they were only gone for a second was great. :p Also very cool to get more Qui-Gon. Ahsoka's mechanic skills seemed to kind of come out of nowhere, unless I'm forgetting an earlier episode. Perhaps it's just Anakin spending time with her. I thought the visions of Anakin's future and Anakin's brief "turn to the Dark Side" were handled well; having him forget it makes it align with ROTS, but perhaps there's still something in the back of his head that will make him mistrust the Jedi more.

I guess we don't really know much more than we did at the beginning about the nature of these episodes, but I like that. They've been described as being like the tree cave from ESB, which is probably the best way to describe them.

Next week has Tarkin, Even Piell, and what looks like a lot of clones. Should be good.

You sum it up quite well, sir...

I gotta agree....as much as I was NOT enjoying the first two episodes of this arc...this last one did kind of reel it it in and tie it up in a good way. It made it easier for me to accept this whole story arc as something that "happened but didn't happen" as far as what the movies present. And yes, I like what JabbaJohn said about the possible coda of this whole arc is that while Anakin doesn't remember seeing his future, the whole incident may have left a residue of doubt towards the Jedi. Not bad, not bad at all...

And now...back to the clones! Yes! :)

Darth Metalmute
02-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Another thing - the episode guide says that the fact that the Father was the only one to disappear upon his death was intentional. I wonder if he and Qui-Gon had a little chit-chat.

I was under the impression that the Father manifested himself as Qui-Gon in order to "trick" Anakin to search out the son so the father could see the future of the chosen one for himself. When the father knew what the future held for Anakin, he didn't seem disappointed or worried, only that he knew that the path Anaking would take would bring balance to the force.

The thing that had me curious was that the Father knows the future, but still warned Anakin to be mindful of his heart. I'm not sure if that meant to follow his heart because he had to become Darth Vader, or for Anakin to be wary of what his heart wants out of him to avoid becoming Vader.

jedibear
02-12-2011, 10:48 AM
The thing that had me curious was that the Father knows the future, but still warned Anakin to be mindful of his heart. I'm not sure if that meant to follow his heart because he had to become Darth Vader, or for Anakin to be wary of what his heart wants out of him to avoid becoming Vader.

...and that one moment redeemed this whole arc for me because it poses that question. Very cool. And it gave me the impression that these three (father, son, daughter) weren't necessarily the be-all and end-all of the force, but just beings that were very adept at it and living through it....another "different" religion following the same "force" if you will(as the Jedi and the Sith have). Great food for thought looking at it that way....

JimJamBonds
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
There have indeed been quite a few lately, but it's not like there weren't any in the first two seasons, or any two-parters earlier. Technically, given the way that so many Season One episodes were fleshed out by Season Three episodes, the only standalone episodes that hasve no direct ties to other episodes at this point are Lightsaber Lost and Bounty Hunters (though you could say the latter has to do with the effects of one of the Felucia battles, but only tangentially). Let's take a look at the arcs, shall we?

So that's 21 arcs so far, plus two standalone episodes. Yowza!Wow, to be honest this is the first season that I've made an effort to watch every episode aka I'm dvring them. In the past I'd watch if I stumbled upon it but I made no effort to find the show.

JediTricks
02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Did the son spend the entire second episode of this arc trying to kill the father knowing that the father was the key to all of his power?That is an excellent point, it was clear in this ep that he DID know what would happen, so it's a contradiction.

That was one thing I really didn't like about the ending of ROTS. Based on the timeline established in the original trilogy, construction on the Death Star shouldn't have started until a few years before ANH. Maybe the one seen at the end of ROTS was a prototype?This is a point of contention that is entirely unclear, Tarkin's appearance at the end of ROTS jumbles a bunch of stuff up, apparently, and doesn't feel right to have the Death Star building 18 years prior to ANH while Tarkin's career is still rising (and is supposed to be tied to the Death Star's development).

Tycho
02-17-2011, 01:23 AM
So the balance of the Force episode was just some sort of dream the Jedi all had? Or a vision at the very least?

I kind of felt the whole thing was a waste. Ashley Eckstein asked on her Facebook page what people thought of it. While Ahsoka basically didn't do much anyway, I felt it was probably best not to answer her question.

At least there aren't Sith warriors who wear clothes, and can turn into naked bat-things in "real life." At least in my interpretation of it (the shuttle never landed on a real planet period).

I don't know who was influencing their vision - and if only Anakin had it, or they all shared it "in the Force or something."

Seems like maybe the latter, since why would Anakin dream what Obi-Wan was doing when he wasn't physically there (when Obi-Wan spoke to the Father)?

Anyway, this is exactly why I like the Senate politics episodes better. And I'm NOT being sarcastic.

Beast
02-17-2011, 10:48 AM
More awesomeness. Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca will be appearing in two episodes of the Clone Wars!

He'll be in the One Hour Season Finale that airs on April 1st. There's a clip over at the NY Times....

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/remaking-wookiee-chewbacca-becomes-a-character-on-star-wars-the-clone-wars/?src=tptw

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2011, 10:57 AM
I kind of expected Chewie to show up (counting down to the "HOW DARE THEY" in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .) after Filoni's comments at CV. Hopefully they handle him well. That's very odd that Peter Mayhew recorded some dialogue; I wonder if they'll use any, or if it was just a temp track.

I do think they're getting ahead of themselves as far as reveals go. We knew about Qui-Gon before the Nightsisters trilogy was done, we knew about Tarkin before the Mortis trilogy was done, and now we know about Chewie before the Tarkin trilogy has even begun! Slow it down! :p

Battle Droid
02-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I wish he was with Yoda instead of that annoying Ahsoka.

It'd explain his relations with the Wookiees.

JediTricks
02-17-2011, 03:52 PM
The thing about Mayhew recording Chewie's dialogue coupled with the April 1st date have me a little nervous. There's no way any one being can really do Chewie's dialogue, it's a very specific series of sound designs.

As for Chewie being there at all, I dunno, it didn't help ROTS at all, but I guess it's not patently impossible here. The idea that Chewie is a prisoner before the ROTS battle though makes no sense, nor does letting him keep his bandolier.

Beast, I've promoted your post to article status, and rewrote to be less forums style and more news style.

Rocketboy
02-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Ah f**k...*sigh*
Who next?

Beast
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but I doubt they New York Times would report a April Fools joke. And we do see actual footage at the link. I don't see the problem some have with Chewie showing up. He's certainly old enough. And at least we didn't get Kid Solo in RotS.

As for who's next? Lando Calrissian as Mace Windu's illegitimate child. ;)

Darth Metalmute
02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Why did they have to get Mayhew to do the voice of Chewbacca? They could have just gotten Jim McMahon.

Beast
02-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, they seemed to have got him more for his expert opinion on the character.

But since he can do some of the vocalizations, recorded it to add to the mix.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
The thing about Mayhew recording Chewie's dialogue coupled with the April 1st date have me a little nervous. There's no way any one being can really do Chewie's dialogue, it's a very specific series of sound designs.
I don't understand the nervousness. The season finales are usually around this time, and April 1 just so happens to be on a Friday. In the clip, it sounds like the classic Chewie sounds, so I'm sure anything they use from Mayhew will just be included with the animal noises.

Rocketboy
02-18-2011, 12:25 AM
And at least we didn't get Kid Solo in RotS.I'm sure we'll see that bullsh** soon enough in Clone Wars.

Darth Metalmute
02-18-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm sure we'll see that bullsh** soon enough in Clone Wars.

Like an episode where kid Han Solo meets kid Boba Fett for the first time, and they have to team up to tackle a anti/guild smuggling opperation? Or maybe Quinlan Vos runs into kid Han Solo while he is stealing fruit from a local street merchant?

El Chuxter
02-18-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm waiting for the episode where Padme is rescued by a kindly old couple named Luke and Leia, and comments that she loves the names.

Rocketboy
02-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Like an episode where kid Han Solo meets kid Boba Fett for the first time, and they have to team up to tackle a anti/guild smuggling opperation? Or maybe Quinlan Vos runs into kid Han Solo while he is stealing fruit from a local street merchant?

I'm waiting for the episode where Padme is rescued by a kindly old couple named Luke and Leia, and comments that she loves the names.I can easily see all of those scenarios happening, but Dengar would be thrown into that kid Han & Boba story.

DarkJedi5
02-18-2011, 10:46 AM
I can easily see all of those scenarios happening, but Dengar would be thrown into that kid Han & Boba story.

Let's just scrap the whole Clone Wars thing and make a Star Wars Muppet Babies show!

El Chuxter
02-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Let's just scrap the whole Clone Wars thing and make a Star Wars Muppet Babies show!
Best idea ever. :thumbsup:

Well, best idea after the wheel, that is.

JimJamBonds
02-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Holy carp they got Al Pacino to do the voice of the citadel's 'leader'! WOW!!!! Ohh no that wasn't him? It was just a guy doing his best Lt. Colonel Sledge from Scent of a Woman? D@mn!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I thought this episode was pretty damn fun. It had a nice heist movie sort of feel, especially in the planning scenes. The fact that they had a carbonite chamber right in the middle of the hangar was really odd, and C-3PO was fun, but why was he hanging around there? I liked seeing Fives and Echo as full ARC Troopers; hopefully they'll be featured more in the next episodes. Tarkin was handled really well so far, even though there was very little of him. He had a nice back-and-forth sort of power struggle with the Jedi, which I liked.

Holy carp they got Al Pacino to do the voice of the citadel's 'leader'! WOW!!!! Ohh no that wasn't him? It was just a guy doing his best Lt. Colonel Sledge from Scent of a Woman? D@mn!
It was actually James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, countless others) so it's not really "just a guy." His pauses were apparently based on Christopher Walken. The character was somewhat over the top but I didn't think it was anything to get worried over.

sonofsokol
02-19-2011, 12:08 AM
I've enjoyed the Savage arc and the Mortis Arc well enough, but like JJL said, this episode was fun. My son (5) and I watched it together and this was the first episode in a while that we watched again as soon as it was over. He loved the ARC troopers and new commando droids. He's already talking about wanting a clone wars-style Ugnaght!!!

JimJamBonds
02-19-2011, 08:39 AM
The character was somewhat over the top but I didn't think it was anything to get worried over.I know, just busting some chops that is all.

Snowtrooper
02-19-2011, 10:54 AM
I liked this episode as well. It had a pretty straight forward plot with a good blend of action and some meaningful dialogue. While I did enjoy the previous arcs, I kinda got the feeling that some of the mysticism and politics might bore kids, but I could be wrong. This episode was fun for kids and adults, which is what SW does at its best.

I was thrilled that they added Tarkin to the story. I hope they do more with him during the series and not just have him end up being a minor background character. From the OT, I always felt like The Emperor, Vader, and Tarkin formed a triad that gave the Empire its true power. It'd be cool to see what kind of roles he played in forming the Empire.

Maerj2000
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm glad to see that everyone enjoyed this episode. I thought that it was really good as well. Funky looking planet, huh? Lots of nice adventure in this one.

I still think they should have the Commando Droids revolt against the rest of the Seperatists' droids. The regular Battle Droids are very dumb and their leadership is obviously not very good, The Commando Droids are better fighters and vastly superior to the other ones. Logically they should want to take over in order to win the war more quickly.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2011, 01:52 PM
There's just too much "borrowing" from the films for me. I also like the simple stories and cool visuals, but lately there've been episodes with:
- opening ROTS hanger and capital ships scene
- DS detention block escape scene
- Mustafar lava flow fly-by scene
- carbon freeze chamber scene (is that like the old Sears-Roebuck pre-fab houses, for how to freeze your humans?)

I was trying to guess which Hollywood star was the alien's voice style, too. But Pacino or Walken weren't the one I was thinking of (yet cannot come up with his name).

[edit] As far as seeign li'l Han in the CW cartoon:
- he will steal a Sith's Force whip, singe his own chin with it, then fall into a pit of arachiserpents whilst trying to escape, and have to give up the Holocron of Cron'ado to the bounty hunter chasing him. :dundadundun...dundadun:

JimJamBonds
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
[edit] As far as seeign li'l Han in the CW cartoon:
- he will steal a Sith's Force whip, singe his own chin with it, then fall into a pit of arachiserpents whilst trying to escape, and have to give up the Holocron of Cron'ado to the bounty hunter chasing him. :dundadundun...dundadun:I'm thinking some jr jr jr jr Sith and him will square off to fight. The sith will swing his blade all over the place but 'lil Han'l pull out his blaster and smoke the guy.

Darth Metalmute
02-21-2011, 08:06 AM
I enjoyed this episode but can't seem to figure out why the jedi don't realize what the audience does. As soon as I saw two "generic" clone troopers with them, I knew both would die and probably spoil the trap. If I know that, why don't they get it? Usually generals have statistics on this. On top of that, why would you use non-special ops troops on a special ops missions anyway?

Snowtrooper
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM
I enjoyed this episode but can't seem to figure out why the jedi don't realize what the audience does. As soon as I saw two "generic" clone troopers with them, I knew both would die and probably spoil the trap. If I know that, why don't they get it? Usually generals have statistics on this. On top of that, why would you use non-special ops troops on a special ops missions anyway?

The generic troopers are kinda like the guys wearing red shirts in Star Trek. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkXG6lu1S9M) is another preview clip for the Chewie episodes. He's kickin' some serious Trandoshan ***! Though I do wonder who that young person leading the group through the vines is . . . he looks to be wearing a white shirt with a black vest, though I could be wrong . . .

Bel-Cam Jos
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Though I do wonder who that young person leading the group through the vines is . . . he looks to be wearing a white shirt with a black vest, though I could be wrong . . .Could it be... Lando?

sonofsokol
02-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Looks like another padawan to me. He seems to take a big force-assisted jump, but maybe I'm over analyzing it.

Darth Metalmute
02-24-2011, 08:03 AM
I think it was a young Dash Rendar.

bigbarada
03-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkXG6lu1S9M) is another preview clip for the Chewie episodes. He's kickin' some serious Trandoshan ***! Though I do wonder who that young person leading the group through the vines is . . . he looks to be wearing a white shirt with a black vest, though I could be wrong . . .

Chewbacca??? Fighting a band of Tradoshans???? HOLY CRAP!!!! I'm suddenly interested in this show again! :thumbsup:

I would have actually preferred Tarfull so we could get his character fleshed out some more, but if Chewie's appearance helps to explain why Kashyyk is suddenly so gosh-darned important to the Republic in ROTS, then I'll take it.

Looking forward to the inevitable action figures. :yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Tonight's episode was another solid, fun entry. Near the beginning, I loved Tarkin's admiration the the design of the Citadel. The ways in which he and Anakin agreed were very interesting and set up their future together quite well. Is it just me, or is Matt Lanter's inflection sounding more like Vader lately?

On a more down note, I was really sorry to see Echo die. Too bad he and Fives hadn't been featured more heavily as ARC Troopers. Hopefully Fives will carry on and be around more.

I do wonder if this and next week's episodes could have been combined to make a tighter story, but I guess we'll see.

Oh, and they even had a mouse droid, so maybe Tycho will come around to this show after all. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
To pun inappropriately at a character's death, I echo Mr. JabbaJohnL's comments. This episode was pretty good, not outstanding. I can't say that I am impatient to see the arc end, but I am curious.

jedibear
03-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm liking this arc as well. Good action, and the usual shorthand way of storytelling with just "moments" that this show always does is actually working here. The brief exchange between Tarkin and Anakin was cool and although I can't stand her, the little flashes of rebellious attitude from Ashoka towards Anakin are a good touch. (Sidenote: I'm really wishing it were a different character that was with Chewie in those forthcoming episodes...as Battle Droid pointed out, Yoda would've been the best one and fit within "canon")...and as Snowtrooper mentioned. I've always thought any generic Trooper in these group situations is just a "red shirt". Interesting that they also bumped off another clone that has been featured in other popular clone-centric episodes. Alas poor Echo, we hardly knew ya...it'll be interesting to see what happens to "Fives" now...

I'm not minding the show featuring these already-established characters like young Boba, Quinlan Vos, Tarkin and now Chewie. My only (minor) gripe is that they just come-and-go with no real consequence...
I mean, where is Boba anyway? Still languishing in the Jedi Temple basement? I guess Vos could just be doing what he was doing in the Republic/Clone Wars comics and Tarkin or Chewie? Well, that remains to be seen...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not minding the show featuring these already-established characters like young Boba, Quinlan Vos, Tarkin and now Chewie. My only (minor) gripe is that they just come-and-go with no real consequence...
I mean, where is Boba anyway? Still languishing in the Jedi Temple basement? I guess Vos could just be doing what he was doing in the Republic/Clone Wars comics and Tarkin or Chewie? Well, that remains to be seen...
That's a relatively common sentiment, but I think we might need to stop thinking about "where is this going?" and enjoy it in the present for what it is. Be mindful of the future - but not at the expense of the moment.

Quinlan was just a good fit for the content of the episode. It dealt a lot with underworld activities, and that's where Quinlan shines. If they used him too much there would be continuity issues since his story is pretty thoroughly told in the comics.

Boba's three-part arc was very satisfying to me. It expanded on something I had hoped to see after AOTC, meaning how he would deal with Mace killing Jango. As for right now, I assume he's just in prison, along with Bossk. These episodes aired right around a year ago, and I do still expect them to follow up on their story, just not for a while.

As for Tarkin, for all we know, all we'll see is the start of his professional relationship with Anakin, and how his contributing ideas for the Death Star took form. If they choose to use him after this, great; if not, then we can look at this arc as being a fun introduction to him.

There are so many characters and situations in this series that it's difficult to give time to them all - remember that Ventress wasn't in Season Two at all, and Grievous didn't appear once in 2009.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2011, 08:17 PM
This was a pretty damn good episode - it had fun elements like the previous two but also a certain heaviness about it. Ahsoka killing Osi Sobeck with the ol' stab-through-the-back was pretty shocking, given we've only seen Ventress and Anakin kill people that way so far. The fight scene with the anoobas and crab droids was probably some of the best fight work they've done on the show so far, just really exciting. Perhaps this whole plot was Palpatine's way of getting the Nexus route information to orchestrate the attack on Coruscant in ROTS - pretty interesting to think of how much he could have been involved in this.

I liked finally getting to have Saesee Tiin do something (and we now know it's pronounced "Tin"). Plo Koon's admiral was named Keller, which is also the name of a clone from the comics. It was cool to see an "Asian" admiral and perhaps the first "Asian" human on the show. Saesee's ship looked like a green redeco of Ahsoka's, and Adi Gallia's looks like a red redeco of Plo Koon's - both their colors, though not their designs, match up with previously-established looks for their ships (Adi's in the Jedi Starfighter PS2 game, and Saesee's in the microseries).

Of course, the big continuity thing this time is Even Piell's death. He's not in ROTS, with the EU explanation that he's just not on the Council anymore for some reason. He apparently gets killed a few months after ROTS in Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight, the detective series. Even though this series is a violation of that (though I haven't read it and am just going off of descriptions), this certainly fits better with the ROTS movie canon than just letting him live off-camera. I wonder how they'll try to work this one.

jedibear
03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
This was the best "mini trilogy" of episodes of the season. Really well-done....good writing, fantastic visuals, great action and character moments.
Yes, Ahsoka dispatching Sobeck through the back was a bit of a jolt...I actually enjoyed her arc throughout this story...lying to get on the mission and becoming an integral part of it by being there. Confessing her lie to Piell as he lays dying and ending up with an important part of the vital information was interesting, as was her pleading look to Koon as Skywalker asks him if she really was assigned to the mission. The lie begets the lie begets the lie...

The most stirring part of the episode was Piell's "funeral" watching Kenobi & Skywalker levitate his body into the sulphuric river...taking a moment out of the chase to treat their comrade to a ritual of respect was pretty awesome....I also had to wonder what the clones thought of that, considering no such moment was taken upon their fellow soldier Echo's demise. Maybe it didn't cross their minds, being soldiers...but it had to make some sort of impression.

And Tarkin...what a great introduction to the character this has been. Hope we see more of him in the series.

Great episodes... just great.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2011, 08:25 AM
I liked this arc and I thought last nights episode was the best one out of the bunch.

Yes, Ahsoka dispatching Sobeck through the back was a bit of a jolt...Ditto, that caught me off guard as well.

The most stirring part of the episode was Piell's "funeral" watching Kenobi & Skywalker levitate his body into the sulphuric river...taking a moment out of the chase to treat their comrade to a ritual of respect was pretty awesome....I also had to wonder what the clones thought of that, considering no such moment was taken upon their fellow soldier Echo's demise. Maybe it didn't cross their minds, being soldiers...but it had to make some sort of impression.
Again I agree and had the same thought, although perhaps the Jedi would say something along the lines of we had "some" time to do this vs. with Echo at that point they were literally on the run and being shot at.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I liked finally getting to have Saesee Tiin do something (and we now know it's pronounced "Tin").

Of course, the big continuity thing this time is Even Piell's death. He's not in ROTS, with the EU explanation that he's just not on the Council anymore for some reason. He apparently gets killed a few months after ROTS in Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight, the detective series. Even though this series is a violation of that (though I haven't read it and am just going off of descriptions), this certainly fits better with the ROTS movie canon than just letting him live off-camera. I wonder how they'll try to work this one.Weird... my "reply" post jumped back to the main Section page. Odd (should I blame Palpatine's planning? :p )

I always thought it was "Tin" from the start.

Yes, that was where/how Piell died. But IIRC, there was some sort of "promise me you'll..." aspect in his death scene there, too.

For this episode, I liked the treatment of the villain. As always, Dooku was harsh with him as a subordinate, but somewhat fair. I now realize whose "voice" he reminded me of: Patty and/or Selma of the Simpsons. Really. The escape was fairly realistic (aside from the island in the middle of the fire lake as the LZ), and the tone of seriousness as mentioned above was appropriate.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I now realize whose "voice" he reminded me of: Patty and/or Selma of the Simpsons. Really!?!?! I can kinda see that but I still think of Pachino in Scent of a Lady.
WHOOOAAAA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWX-ub3thjE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6MhvjUy3DQ&feature=related)

sonofsokol
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
I really liked this 3 episode arc, lots of good action figure possibilities. It almost made me regret passing on the crab droid so many times when it was released as a "deluxe figure" back in 2009. They looked really great in this setting. Osi Sobeck was a cool character and Echo and Fives in ARC armor would definitely be welcome. The anoobas were pretty sweet looking too. All in all a great set of episodes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Based on this preview (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/starwars/?episodeID=8a250ab02c325aa5012c51f8a0440271) and images in the latest Insider, it seems that the character I pointed out earlier isn't Han after all but a female Padawan. Also, looks like they won't be going to Kashyyyk, but Trandosha and Iwasskah.

Darth Metalmute
03-23-2011, 07:31 AM
I found it amazing that several large capital ships couldn't hit the Republic gunship as it was fleeing the battle. Lord Sideous should have scrapped the whole battalion.

JediTricks
03-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I found it inconceivable that the best strategy the Jedi could come up with for extracting their troops was to rendezvous on an undefendable island in the most visible portion of a lava valley.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Dave Filoni answered some questions tonight on his Facebook page. I submitted mine a few days ago, and they were picked!

7. I have a few questions; I apologize if they have already been asked...

Will we see an official timeline of the episodes at any point soon? It's been mentioned before, but now that Season Three is drawing to a close, it seems like now would be the time. In most cases, it's easy to figure out, but there are a few questions: is "Ambush" before or after the Ryloth battle trilogy? How far after "Rookies" is "ARC Troopers" in relation to the other episodes?

How did Aurra Sing escape custody after "Assassin" in order to help Cad Bane in "Hostage Crisis"?

A Season Two question: How is it that Ahsoka meets Jocasta Nu for the first time in "Holocron Heist?” It seems that Ahsoka is fairly well-read, and I'm assuming she grew up at the Temple, so why haven't the two met before? – John Lindquist

We will try to get the timeline out really soon. It answers all your questions.

A story of bribery and blackmail. Cad Bane identifies Aurra Sing as critical to his prison break of Ziro the Hutt. Thus, it is Cad who breaks Aurra out of jail with the help and financing of the Hutts.

There are many librarians to service the temple needs. Jocasta works with high level Jedi and Padawans during the Clone Wars. Up until then, their paths had not crossed officially. Think of it like a freshman student at a school who knows of certain teachers, but has never met them.

Blue2th
03-25-2011, 02:48 AM
Had no idea he was on Facebook.
Some other good questions on there as well as yours.

No return of Aayla in the works yet. :sad:

Tycho
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I am just so proud to know the Eckstein family, I have to post this.

David Eckstein will also donate a kidney (http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201103/beloved-baseball-family-gives-live)

For Clone Wars fans, this is Ashley's (Ahsoka) husband and one of my favorite former San Diego Padres.

Most of you here on this website especially, will know why kidney transplants are such important stories to me, a recipient of a kidney donation by another forum member right here, BobaFrett (Barry).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
This two-part finale was spectacular! I loved the appearances - albeit brief ones - of Tarfful, Sugi, Seripas, Sinker, and Boost. The skins and skulls in the Trandoshans' headquarters were awesome, especially the wampa chair and crystal skull (I wonder how they came from their alternate dimension :p ). The Trandoshan wearing orange sunglasses (a la John Goodman's character in The Big Lebowski) was cool too. Plo Koon kicked some ***, but that's to be expected when an episode is directed by Dave Filoni. :D

Ahsoka's growth as a character was great to see. It's nice to have her and Anakin on the same page for once. I liked Kalifa's character as well.

Chewbacca was pretty sweet, though there wasn't quite enough of him. Hopefully with all the Wookiee models they created we'll go to Kashyyyk sooner or later. I wasn't sure where they used Peter Mayhew's vocals since it all sounded like classic Chewie.

The animation on Wasskah's landscape was incredible. It's hard to imagine them having little bugs and flowers back in Season One.

The Season Four preview was way too short, but it looks like we'll see a Mon Calamari underwater battle and a fight between Grievous and Gungans. Awesome!

EDIT: StarWars.com (http://starwars.com/theclonewars/?video=v001246#vid) has the preview video. After going through it a few times, it looks like Plo Koon's troopers have the phase II (ROTS) helmet, Padmé has a redesign with smoother features, and Quarren use aqua droids against the Mon Calamari. Should be sweet.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I enjoyed looking at the scenery allusions (Tim Burton-esque curled branch ends [even that walk-up branch to the younglings' hideout], Sleeping Beauty thorn bushes, Predator hiding places, Running Man escapes, etc.). One thing: Clone Wars animation CANNOT get Wookiee hair to look "real."

Rocketboy
04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Chewie sounded like s**t. It was like they put all of his OT noises and sounds into a Sony keyboard and hit the keys randomly.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I enjoyed looking at the scenery allusions (Tim Burton-esque curled branch ends [even that walk-up branch to the younglings' hideout], Sleeping Beauty thorn bushes, Predator hiding places, Running Man escapes, etc.). One thing: Clone Wars animation CANNOT get Wookiee hair to look "real."

They've never been going for "real" on anything so I have no idea why this would be a surprise.

jedibear
04-02-2011, 07:48 PM
As I mentioned on the news comments about this season finale episode... I really liked it.

Only one thing pulls at me about the story though...if there have been "younglings/Jedi Initiates" that have been abducted for these "hunts" and some of them have been there for a while, why aren't the Jedi seeking them out? Guess one could say that idea could make a good jumping-off point for another episode later down the line or a comic or novel story. Just seemed odd...

Didn't stop these episodes from being good....they were. I'll even cut Ashoka some slack...there's actually a decent character developing there. I wonder if the overall story is steering her towards "knighthood" soon...and no longer being Anakin's Padawan? But she'll still be on the show and eventually just fading off onto her own missions and her own fate?

We'll see what next season brings....

Bel-Cam Jos
04-02-2011, 07:54 PM
How many Life Debts does Chewbacca have, also? ;)

They've never been going for "real" on anything so I have no idea why this would be a surprise.Just that an all-hair alien hasn't really been featured so much.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Only one thing pulls at me about the story though...if there have been "younglings/Jedi Initiates" that have been abducted for these "hunts" and some of them have been there for a while, why aren't the Jedi seeking them out? Guess one could say that idea could make a good jumping-off point for another episode later down the line or a comic or novel story. Just seemed odd...

Didn't stop these episodes from being good....they were. I'll even cut Ashoka some slack...there's actually a decent character developing there. I wonder if the overall story is steering her towards "knighthood" soon...and no longer being Anakin's Padawan? But she'll still be on the show and eventually just fading off onto her own missions and her own fate?

We'll see what next season brings....
Well, we saw Anakin trying to look for Ahsoka to no avail, so I'm assuming the other Padawans' masters had done the same before letting go. It seems that these Trandoshans are good at leaving no trail as well.

It's possible that Ahsoka is headed for knighthood, but I tend to doubt it seeing as how the entirety of the show can't be more than three years and that seems like an awful short time for that transition.

jedibear
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Well, we saw Anakin trying to look for Ahsoka to no avail, so I'm assuming the other Padawans' masters had done the same before letting go. It seems that these Trandoshans are good at leaving no trail as well.

It's possible that Ahsoka is headed for knighthood, but I tend to doubt it seeing as how the entirety of the show can't be more than three years and that seems like an awful short time for that transition.

That's a good argument...I'd buy that.

And yes, the show's "timeline" is only three years, but it's also a time of war and the Jedi are suffering huge losses, so it's conceivable that Padawans that show significant, quick growth could be fast-tracked to knighthood...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Here (http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/?video=v001247#vid) is the Season Four preview video shown at WonderCon, with different (albeit similar) content from the first one. Looks like a Besalisk (Dexter Jettster) Jedi - sweet! Also, Kit Fisto joining in the Mon Calamari fight - which should basically be a given. I wonder how similar it will be to the microseries version.

During the Dave Filoni panel, he mentioned that there was a classic character in the preview - my only guess is that it's Admiral Ackbar. Awesome!

JediTricks
04-03-2011, 01:50 PM
As an action episode, this was ok, but as a Jedi-centric episode, it's another in a long line of failures. The Force is once again useless at helping its users sense what's coming, and the creativity of using it as a giant hand over and over is dullsville. Then they get into the Jedi Mind Trick for almost the first time, and turn it into a cheap hypnosis gag, I expected to see a sleeping Elmer Fudd walking off I-beams without getting hurt thanks to the Force.

Too much was glossed over in how the younglings survived all that time, I was curious about that and they basically gave it short lip service, then let Ahsoka crap all over it despite her philosophy being reckless. It was also very violent to the point of excess. I dunno, it just left me feeling the way the rest of this season did, like the precipice of good ideas isn't enough to carry it. I ended up deleting the whole season off my DVR as soon as it was over.

One thing: Clone Wars animation CANNOT get Wookiee hair to look "real."So true! They did Chewie just like Anakin's annoying hair, draw all the hairs onto a "wig" and then move the wig like it's a piece of rubber. They have that "rubber costume" aspect about the clone armor as well, now that I think about it - specifically, the stomach panels. Bugs the crap out of me.

Chewie sounded like s**t. It was like they put all of his OT noises and sounds into a Sony keyboard and hit the keys randomly.I don't know that he sounded terrible, but his speech was pretty much like a randomized sampling of the movie language files.

Well, we saw Anakin trying to look for Ahsoka to no availYeah, for a whole minute. That got under my skin when they came back to it, made it seem like he's been looking for his keys, not scouring an entire planet looking for his lost friend and charge.

It seems that these Trandoshans are good at leaving no trail as well.So true, they can fly a big ship into and out of an active operations zone during a huge battle without so much as one person noticing. That was a bit far fetched to me.

It's possible that Ahsoka is headed for knighthood, but I tend to doubt it seeing as how the entirety of the show can't be more than three years and that seems like an awful short time for that transition.True enough, although Anakin goes from Padawan to Knight to Council Member in that short a time in the films.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2011, 03:02 PM
The Force is once again useless at helping its users sense what's coming, and the creativity of using it as a giant hand over and over is dullsville.
As shown in AOTC, the Jedi are not as clairvoyant as they used to be; the dark side is clouding their abilities, and it's only growing from here. Whether or not you agree, it's the same explanation given in the films, so it works for me.

True enough, although Anakin goes from Padawan to Knight to Council Member in that short a time in the films.
Yeah, but Anakin was a Padawan for at least 10 years (13 years if you're going by the comics, a little over 10 if you're going by the show, it seems) and the joining the Council deal was obviously not the Jedi's choice and they didn't make him a Master when it happened. Had Anakin not become Vader, I doubt he would have ever made the Council without Palpatine's intervention; he was too much like Qui-Gon.

With Ahsoka, it's not like she's been a Padawan before this (at least, it doesn't seem that way given her lack of out-of-the-Temple experience). I think their experiences are too different to compare here.

Darth Metalmute
04-04-2011, 08:25 AM
There is no way Anakin would have stopped looking for her. He wouldn't have listened to Plo Koon when he said give it up and let her find her way back. In an earlier episode, he defied an direct order to go out and look for R2, I would have expected the same for Ahsoka. I can't understand why a Jedi, with intuitive powers, would have sent the clones out to look for her, instead of returning to her last known location himself. If would have made more sense if his investigation took him to Kashyyyk wher they met up, instead of having her find her way back to the Jedi Temple.

The growth of Ahsoka into a leader was prominent although you would have thought she would have waiting until understanding the situation better before staging a war. And by staging, I mean jumping forward with no real plan. Seems to me they had all night to plan and set traps, Home Alone style, leveling the playing field a little more. Ironic that she was able to change the younglings philosophy in one day and get one of them killed, only to try to change there philosophy again to let Chewies machine work, but have them storm out heck bent on her original mindset. Had Chewies machine not work, Ashoka, Chewie, and her friends would have died.

Once again, the introduction of Chewbacca was purely a random occurrence, and it made him look like a putz. We are supposed to believe that the Wookiees and Trandoshans have soom sort of history. What kind of history do they have if Chewie and three younglings kill all the hunters? What kind of warrior is our favorite Wookiee if he gets captured all the time and needs saving? It would have been more respectable if he was looking for some wookies that had been captured. While I enjoy the show, I'm getting tired of them making everyone important to the Star Wars saga look like an incompetent boob.

jonthejedi
04-05-2011, 04:24 AM
I thought it was a solid 2-parter as far as visuals & editing go. The story left alot to be desired...it was essentially Predator with Ahsoka filling in for "Ar-nuld." Bossk's people were kinda cool, but this hunter's moon idea has been done to death. What secrets were revealed during the finale???

JediTricks
04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I thought it was a solid 2-parter as far as visuals & editing go. The story left alot to be desired...it was essentially Predator with Ahsoka filling in for "Ar-nuld." Bossk's people were kinda cool, but this hunter's moon idea has been done to death. What secrets were revealed during the finale???
HOLY CRAP! I forgot entirely about the "secrets revealed!" crap they ran this entire season!!! "The secret is that we've run out of ideas" I'd guess. ;)

Blue2th
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
They got the Jurassic Park thing down with the Trandoshan raptor bark.

Ashoka telling the other youngling not to kill the Trandosan out of hate was a mistake. Not the Jedi way but she should have taken a que from Anakin on that one.

JimJamBonds
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I thought the finale was good but not great. There was no point to having Chewie in it. Why only have him in the second half hour? Why not have him play at least some role in the first episode as well?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I thought the finale was good but not great. There was no point to having Chewie in it. Why only have him in the second half hour? Why not have him play at least some role in the first episode as well?How can you say there was no point? it was to get more viewers to watch. [whisper, whisper] Oh. No point to the PLOT itself. Gotcha.

I liked how these viscious Trandoshan slavers let Chewie keep his bandolier and pouch. Nice of them.

Darth Metalmute
04-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I liked how these viscious Trandoshan slavers let Chewie keep his bandolier and pouch. Nice of them.

That was just to keep the rating a "T" instead of "MA". You wouldn't want The Cartoon Network to put on a naked wookiee would you?

JimJamBonds
04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
How can you say there was no point? it was to get more viewers to watch. [whisper, whisper] Oh. No point to the PLOT itself. Gotcha.
Yeah, I just expected Chewie to have a bigger role. Like you said it seems they just had him in there to pull people in, you know those tricky April sweeps.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
The Season Three DVD artwork is making the rounds. It looks pretty cool - it makes more sense than having Yoda on Season Two, as he was barely in it. Well, this model of Anakin was only in about half of this season, but whatever. :D

bigbarada
04-17-2011, 01:29 PM

I was thinking that exact same thing. That's like capturing an enemy combatant during wartime and taking his rifle; but allowing him to keep all of his ammunition. :cross-eye

Didn't he wear the bandolier in Ep3 also? Is that thing permanently grafted to his shoulder blade or something?

Were they worried that no one would recognize him as Chewbacca without the bandolier? Well, to be honest, people who are not hardcore fans of Star Wars see every Wookiee as Chewbacca and the hardcore fans would have figured out it was Chewbacca as soon as Ahsoka said "His name is Chewbacca."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Sure, but he would have been completely naked, or they would have had to have given him some other kind of clothing. It would have looked strange, so it's better for him to have the bandolier even if it doesn't 100% fit the story.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Was there anything in the bandolier or pouch that he actually used during the episode? It is a hunt, so he is prey, not a prisoner. Maybe they figured whatever he had wasn't going to be a problem on the hunt. Sure, they took away the lightsabers from the Jedi, but they are already challenging enough to deal with if they are unarmed. The bandolier and the pouch probably don't offer much of an advantage to Chewbacca.

El Chuxter
04-18-2011, 02:23 AM
The Trandoshans tried to take it, but found it was actually the result of a rare mutation where his fur grows into a shape that resembles a bandolier to those unfamiliar with the condition.

jedibear
10-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Heads-up....
Just got back from WM and picked up the Season Three BR....guess they got it in on Friday with the Green Lantern stuff (same studio) and put it out early....so if anyone's interested in getting it early, go check out your local WM....

One side note...sad to see the "hardbook" style package with the art stuff and notes has been abandoned this time for a standard case and tri-fold liner notes...feels a little cheap after the two previous season's nice package presentations. And of course, the lesser package doesn't make the set any cheaper....ah, well. Now to pop the discs in and see how they look/sound....

vadersvette
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
sad to see the "hardbook" style package with the art stuff and notes has been abandoned this time for a standard case and tri-fold liner notes...feels a little cheap after the two previous season's nice package presentations.

Yeah, and I noticed Season 1 at Best Buy is now a standard case as well. (Season 2 probably is as well).
Kinda sucks. I was going to get rid of my S1 DVD and buy the BluRay version. But there's always second hand stores like the Exchange.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I bought it today from Best Buy ($29.99; cheapest price I saw in stores here). I'm in no hurry to get to watching them, but I will eventually.