PDA

View Full Version : RIP Audioslave

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Looks like Cornell's out, and they're back with that dimwit Zach de la Rocha in a reborn Rage Against the Machine. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/i/762;_ylt=AoFsotm7NNFqLGWNBSWnhEjMWM0F

And Cornell's covering "Billie Jean" on his next solo album? Did the guy go nuts or something?

Kidhuman
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
This is the right link here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070215/music_nm/audioslave_dc;_ylt=AiKrcerxPrbFwNAQuh1cVNNxFb8C

this is horrid news as they were one of the only current rock bands I liked.

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh, uh, looks like I copied the wrong link. :)

I hear you there, KH. I think the other three are one of the best rock combos, and I'd much rather hear Cornell than de la Rocha any day of the week.

LusiferSam
02-15-2007, 07:52 PM
$*&@. This is really bad news. I'd loved Audioslave. I knew RATM was reuniting for a single show and the Chris Cornell didn't want to tour to support the newest Audioslave album. But I didn't see the end coming that soon. Such is the fate of a supergroup. You know the funny this is I have never really like RATM and I'm not to big a fan of Soundgarden, but love Audioslave.

2-1B
02-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Huh, I was giddy at the thought of this news but when I read Rage was back together, that made it bad news.

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I find it kinda funny that Caesar can't like Audioslave. The crack instrumental section of RATM, paired with one of the greatest voices in recent hard rock history...?

Rocketboy
02-16-2007, 12:07 AM
This news doesn't really surprise me all that much. There were rumors of a break-up since before the first album was released.

I never really liked Rage. I always said I'd probably like them better if they had a new singer. And when they did get one, I still didn't care for them.
I did like Soundgarden though.

2-1B
02-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I find it kinda funny that Caesar can't like Audioslave. The crack instrumental section of RATM, paired with one of the greatest voices in recent hard rock history...?

I hate the RATM style, it never did anything for me. Plus it didn't help that they had/have that goofball rapping over it....

Cornell is just okay, I can't dig him too much. Alice Cooper had him sing on a record in 1994 and really sings CC's praises, calling him one of the greatest current rock voices along with Steven Tyler but I just can't get into it. :)

arctangent
03-02-2007, 06:57 AM
i never really got audioslave. compared to both ratm and soundgarden they sounded decidedly average to my ears.

CaptainSolo1138
03-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I really like RatM, but Zach's always political lyrics get to me.

You're liberal. We get it.

2-1B
03-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm sure Morello had something to do with that as well...

jjreason
03-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Audioslave was only "fine" to me as well - I never bought either of their CDs though I was pleased with the songs that made it on to the radio.

I love Chris Cornell's voice, but I found that Soundgarden really softened up after Badmotorfinger... so much so that I found Superunknown too marked a departure for my tastes.

Rage Against the Machine on the other hand gets me all jacked up. The Battle of Los Angeles will still make it into my car CD player every 6 months or so even though it's been out for 7 years or something. TESTIFY, *****es!!!!! :D

Rage coming back to do the show in California as a Bush sendoff is fine, but I guess now they've added 3 or 4 more shows. Sounds like we can officially call it a comeback (though I'm hoping Chuck D. doesn't take offense).