PDA

View Full Version : I've been told not to secrete upon anybody.

2-1B
02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Here I sit, infected with Mono. :ninja:
I started feeling ill last Wed, Feb 7th, with fever, fatigue, hives, and all that good stuff...I toughed it out for a week because I don't go to doctors easily and the last time I got REALLY sick was December of Ought Three. So I guess I'm due.

Anyway, a week later on VD, I noticed my throat/lymph nodes area was swollen to the point where I look kinda like Boss Nass and they were painful to the touch so I figured it was Mononucleosis. I made it through the work day but I'm playing hooky yesterday and today, maybe even Monday if I'm not feeling so lethargic.

A few hours ago I went in to a clinic to get a monospot test and sure enough I tested positive so she gave me some prednisone which is about all I can take. The steroid should help with my inflamed gullet but beyond that the virus has to run its course.

I got lectured about no physical activity because it could rupture my enlarged spleen (even though it doesn't feel enlarged, in fact I don't even know where my spleen is - maybe Caps can come over and play exploratory doctor with me :lipsrsealed: ). Also, I told her I average 60-90 minutes of workout per day and she put the kaibash on that so I guess I have to be a lazy bum for the next week or two. Oh well. :( I told my boss today that they wrote me an order to stay off Monday as well, but I will make that decision come Monday morning. On one hand I want to get back to work because I'm already way behind but on the other hand, MEH I will get paid the same so one more day off won't hurt much worse, I figure. We'll see. lol

My only concern was with the risk of contagium, I mean I have roommates I don't want to infect as well as m'lady and some other friends I had plans with this weekend. I also planned to visit my mom tomorrow and the last thing she needs is to get sick, so I asked the clinic worker "How contagious am I?" to which she answered that I'm not really, as long as "you don't share your secretions." Uh, okay, I think I can control my secretions and their contact with others. lol

So of course for the last two days off, I had lots of nap time and intermittent movie watching time, which included:

Stars Wars Five (twice) yesterday on HBO
Crash (the pervert version, not the race relations version) yesterday on HBO at 4am when I couldn't sleep.
Billy Madison yesterday on HBO
Hannibal yesterday on DVD
The Office last night
Red Dragon today on DVD
Star Wars Three right now on HBO
copius amounts of Fox News throughout my convalescence.

Jim Jam suggested today that 2-1B be brought into our domicile and I thought that would be appropriate, I even suggested he bring FX-7 with him. Then Jim Jam said maybe those Ooohba Droids from Polis Massa but I don't know if I like his idea.

I logged on for a bit to post last night then my eyes were tired from reading so I logged off. Now I feel a bit of energy so I thought I would post some more and I see new multi-page threads of Cappy's Nintendo and Care Bears tattoos as well as Tycho peddling smut...I'm starting to think I'm dreaming during this illness when I think more and more about what I'm reading here. And did Tim Hardaway really go on a public gay bashing spree? My word. :eek:

Also I have had the WORST cotton mouth ever, so I'm trying to stay hydrated but overnight my tongue cracked a few nights ago from being so dry. I figure I was so stuffed up that I've been sleeping like a major mouth breather so that will dry you out in no time. Hence the serpentine tongue I'm currently rocking.

El Chuxter
02-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Anyway, a week later on VD,

There's the problem. You should stay away from girls with VD.

Tycho
02-16-2007, 04:40 PM
First, I hope you feel better Caesar.

Next, with the medication you're on, you might have some more interesting dreams than either Slicker or I. Post 'em when you get 'em!

and the last time I got REALLY sick was December of Ought Three. So I guess I'm due.

I've been told before that people usually get really sick once a year. Then their immune system's up to date for a while.

Anyway, a week later on VD,

You have a venerial disease? Ooooh! And you think I take such risks, but I've never had any STDs.

I noticed my throat/lymph nodes area was swollen to the point where I look kinda like Boss Nass and they were painful to the touch so I figured it was Mononucleosis.

Maybe you'll consider getting some green facial paint and posting pictures of yourself in the appropriate thread here on SSG? Take advantage of an otherwise unpleasant situation to entertain yourself. I always do.

maybe Caps can come over and play exploratory doctor with me.

I don't want to even guess what that entails!

Also, I told her I average 60-90 minutes of workout per day and she put the kaibash on that so I guess I have to be a lazy bum for the next week or two.

Won't you have fun when you eventually start back up at the gym? :sarcasm:

so I asked the clinic worker "How contagious am I?" to which she answered that I'm not really, as long as "you don't share your secretions."

Well, you've secreted all over this post!

copius amounts of Fox News throughout my convalescence.

That would explain why you're still sick.

Jim Jam suggested today that 2-1B be brought into our domicile and I thought that would be appropriate, I even suggested he bring FX-7 with him.

You could cut your legs off at the knees and then get bionic replacements to make yourself taller. Then cut your arms off and replace those with bionics to make yourself stronger. Finally, get a helmet and face mask to filter any germs with and you won't contract any sickness again. You can regulate your oxygen requirements from a control pad that hangs from your chest. Finally, I will pronounce you Darth Caesar!

And did Tim Hardaway really go on a public gay bashing spree? My word.

He did? Who's Tim Hardaway anyway?

Well, hope you feel better Caesar and that 21-B and FX-7 can help you and stuff.

2-1B
02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
There's the problem. You should stay away from girls with VD.

Actually, it was an Ewok. Princess Kneesa told me she was Clean...filthy liar. :mad:

First, I hope you feel better Caesar.

thanks, Mr. Flynt. lol

Next, with the medication you're on, you might have some more interesting dreams than either Slicker or I. Post 'em when you get 'em!

I had one last night or this morning, I was back in my old hometown trying to get through the downtown area and I had to walk and take a short cut through a local strip club. It was different than the real life one that my dream was mimic-ing, but it still felt like home. I did notice was my libido was strong as I meandered through the venue so I thought that was a good message about my strong virility while I am ill. I thought that was an inspiring dream interpretation. :grin:

I've been told before that people usually get really sick once a year. Then their immune system's up to date for a while.

I really hope so ! The thing is though, I have a Virus so doesn't that just have to take its course? :confused: Well, the monospot test looks for the presence of antibodies to fight the Epstein-Barr virus so my body is working to fight it, but there's only so much I can do...I hope I don't get it next year again! The lady thought it was strep by the look of my throat, she said she saw many white puss filled sacks back there. To myself I thought "thanks alot lady, I planned to get some lunch after this." :cry: Well, I was pretty sure it wasn't strep because I had that in January '99 and that was HORRIBLE, I thought I was going to suffocate at night from how swollen I was and the inability to swallow. :( She told me some people get Mono way worse than I do, so I like to think the last few years of really eating well and exercising have turned around my ability to fend off illness. I guess it could be a ton worse. :)

You have a venerial disease? Ooooh! And you think I take such risks, but I've never had any STDs.

VD = Valentine's Day, silly. :D

[Maybe you'll consider getting some green facial paint and posting pictures of yourself in the appropriate thread here on SSG? Take advantage of an otherwise unpleasant situation to entertain yourself. I always do.[/quote]

That's a great idea! I could even YouTube some video of me shaking my slobbering gums and yelling "Be Gone Wit 'Im!" Hmmmm, maybe not, as that goes against the whole Secretions Mandate. :beard:

I don't want to even guess what that entails!

Neither does Cappy. :D

Won't you have fun when you eventually start back up at the gym? :sarcasm:

Actually no, I don't work out in such places and they are not my style. I'm a loner, almost....Solo...you might say lol .... so I work alone. :)

Well, you've secreted all over this post!

No, that's just my DVD copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. ;)

That would explain why you're still sick.
You could cut your legs off at the knees and then get bionic replacements to make yourself taller. Then cut your arms off and replace those with bionics to make yourself stronger. Finally, get a helmet and face mask to filter any germs with and you won't contract any sickness again. You can regulate your oxygen requirements from a control pad that hangs from your chest. Finally, I will pronounce you Darth Caesar!

I tried that rationale to explain Darth Hayden but JT would have nothing of the sort since it would not yield the same proportions as Darth Prowse...I reckon the same would hold true for me. :sad:

He did? Who's Tim Hardaway anyway?

Rancor Pit

Well, hope you feel better Caesar and that 21-B and FX-7 can help you and stuff.

Many thanks for your well wishing, with two fine medical droids at my side how can I go wrong ? lol

I don't want to go R&P here but 2 weeks ago I went to Church and received the Blessing of St. Blaise (he's the Patron Saint of Throat Ailments) so it's kind of weird that I came down with this less than a week later....maybe it's punishment for not going to Church in what seems like forever, I mean who am I to just walk back into a Church and expect to enjoy the benefits of full membership? :cry:

Kidhuman
02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Get well soon sir

stillakid
02-16-2007, 08:35 PM
I had mono way back in my Freshman year in college. Was basically asleep for three weeks straight. It's that feeling when you are so tired that you can't keep your eyes open for more than a few seconds. I felt like that all the time. When I was diagnosed, the nurse took a blood sample and left the room. She returned a few minutes later with two more people with very worried looks on their faces. They took a second blood sample from my other arm. Doctor said that it was the worst case of mono he had ever seen.

But I got better. :)

Hope you feel better soon, T.

JetsAndHeels
02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Get better soon Caesar. Being sick is never fun.

QLD
02-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Little late for that now bud. :(

JimJamBonds
02-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Jim Jam suggested today that 2-1B be brought into our domicile and I thought that would be appropriate, I even suggested he bring FX-7 with him. Then Jim Jam said maybe those Ooohba Droids from Polis Massa but I don't know if I like his idea.

I also suggested Doc from Corpselumber could come over and check you out. Although him and Jane may errect a cholera tent in the basement.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2007, 02:34 PM
I, too, have been pretty damn sick for a while now. It's not mono or strep (I got tested) but I'm pretty much always tired, can't walk for more than a few seconds, and am constantly getting rid of mucus through both my nose and throat. I missed a week of school and I'll probably stay home more (luckily this is currently a four-day weekend).

So, Caesar, I feel your pain. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I hope you guys get to feeling better soon. Being sick is never fun... Well, aside from laying in bed and watching movies all day. ;) :D

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2007, 04:42 PM
maybe Caps can come over and play exploratory doctor with me :lipsrsealed:I always knew the day would come!:love:

Can you still babysit H-Christ and Hannakin, though?:p

JimJamBonds
02-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Can you still babysit H-Christ and Hannakin, though?:p

Why of corpse!

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm gonna hold you back as a "reserve unit", Jimmy Jam, until they can get the whole potty training thing under control.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I, too, have been pretty damn sick for a while now. It's not mono or strep (I got tested) but I'm pretty much always tired, can't walk for more than a few seconds, and am constantly getting rid of mucus through both my nose and throat. I missed a week of school and I'll probably stay home more (luckily this is currently a four-day weekend).

So, Caesar, I feel your pain. :thumbsup:

Jeez, I hope you recover soon.

I hope you guys get to feeling better soon. Being sick is never fun... Well, aside from laying in bed and watching movies all day. ;) :D

I wish I could have stayed awake long enough to watch enough movies, there was much too much napping involved with this little bout. :D But I did catch a few. Unfortunately, I was not able to take down those two latest seasons of Tales from the Crypt during my illness but I'll get to them eventually.

Well, it's back to work tomorrow so that will be good to feel useful again.
I tried to go in today, in fact I got up at 5:45 to see if I could roll and it didn't feel right so I called in and said I was going to follow doctor's orders and burn one more Sick Day. Good thing, I suppose, since I crashed out and didn't wake up again until 11:30am today and that's after a good night's sleep so my body apparently needed the added sack time.

I'll be back tomorrow for sure, though, which I partly dread because I will be buried under work that I missed while absent...so I'll probably go in at 6am to get a little start on catching up. This is gonna suck and I'm not looking forward to it, but at least I'm feeling better to get back at it so I am grateful for that. I still don't have a ton of energy though and that will take more time to get back into but I'll get there. :)

Thanks for all the well wishing and good luck to you other sicklings out there ! :cry:

JimJamBonds
02-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm gonna hold you back as a "reserve unit", Jimmy Jam, until they can get the whole potty training thing under control.

That would be cordial of you sir!!!