PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears: The Spiral Continues.....

jjreason
02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Damn, I don't know why I keep clicking on links to "news" stories about Britney Spears (okay, I do - but I'm not admitting to anything here :beard: ), but I do.

A new low, perhaps? Yikes....

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=252081&GT1=7702

General_Grievous
02-17-2007, 03:09 PM
So how much coke do you think she snorts in one sitting?

DarkArtist
02-17-2007, 05:56 PM
I haven't thought about Britany since the downward spiral began by getting married to K-Fed. it's a shame since she started out a cute kid with a hit song and spiraled to a overdosing,no underwear wearing,no talent, brainless bimbo. SAD SAD SAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom-like Menace
02-17-2007, 09:02 PM
She's going down so fast I bet if all the paparazzi put their pictures together we can watch the whole thing in timelapse.

I haven't thought about Britany since the downward spiral began by getting married to K-Fed. it's a shame since she started out a cute kid with a hit song and spiraled to a overdosing,no underwear wearing,no talent, brainless bimbo. SAD SAD SAD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's too bad she couldn't have been no underwear wearing back when I actually cared to see her nether regions.

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Did you catch the K-fed superbowl commercial with him working the fry machine at the fast food place?

He's on the upswing and Brit's fading fast? What is this world coming too?

We all had that friend with a hot mom, but none like Brit who is not only hot, but will buy you coke and beer and give you VD!!!!! lol

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
So Britney shaved her dome...hmm perhaps she is trying to get the part of Lex on Smallville once Rosenbaum is out.

Yep, that has to be it.

General_Grievous
02-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Did you catch the K-fed superbowl commercial with him working the fry machine at the fast food place?

He's on the upswing and Brit's fading fast? What is this world coming too?

We all had that friend with a hot mom, but none like Brit who is not only hot, but will buy you coke and beer and give you VD!!!!! lol

If you want to call that hot, then be my guest. She used to be hot. But now...eh. I've seen 500 lb. women on Jerry Springer who look hotter than Britney does now. You know what? I hopee K-Fed gets custody of the kids. I never thought I'd say this, but he is way more responsible than Britney, even if he does sit on his lazy @$$ all day.

DarthQuack
02-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I think she has a hard-on for GI Jane and Ripley in Alien 3.

plasticfetish
02-18-2007, 02:01 AM
I've heard that she freaked out, wandered into a hair salon, demanded that the stylist shave her head because her "extensions were too tight," and then when the stylist said no, she grabbed the clippers and shaved her own head.

Later, she wandered over to this parlor in the valley and had them do her up with a bunch of cheap tattoos. (After all, when they're cheap, you might as well get a few.)

Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsyWlcQAy-Q

(BTW, watch the language in this thread.)

JEDIpartner
02-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Britney's been a disgusting pig for about the last four or five years. I'm a fan of all sorts of music and admit that I liked a few of her "better" songs. Still, I'm a Kylie Minogue guy and have been since 1987 and can't say that I was ever on the Britney bandwagon. Something around the time of "I'm a Slave 4 U" started to bother me. I didn't think it was so much a shift in her image to something racier or more adult. It seemed like something in her started to change. People didn't listen and called me a "hater" and so forth. After her run-ins with the media (remember her flipping them off in Mexico?) and then her "marriage" to her high school friend-- and then her subsequent marriage and kids with K-Dud, I started to feel as if I had that sixth sense about the shape of things to come.

Two years ago, a Britney fan told me that I was wrong about her and that she'd make an easy comeback and that she was set to be even bigger than Madonna. Really? Like her or hate her, you cannot dispute that Madonna is an originator and an icon like Elvis, The Beatles, Aretha Franklin and James Brown. Britney is one of the many girls who borrowed from Madonna. So, really, there's no way she could be bigger than Madonna. I digress; I knew that Little Miss Misery's woes were just beginning and we'd see some colossally bad choices in the future. I predicted the approximate time period of the divorce from K-Dud and that was kinda fun.

Poor, stupid Britney. Here's a girl who had a lot handed to her for having so little talent or personality. She doesn't have much character either. So, if she's not actually mentally imbalanced at the moment, she's clearly one of the dumbest people to ever fall out of a southern woman's womb and live to have a career of sorts. Can you wait to see what happens next? I can't!!!

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Some guy who recently dated her said they created a strange two-backed beast in her home, where she still had her wedding dress prominently displayed under glass. (I think that'd be a turn-off.)

You do realize that none of this is a breakdown? No, it's carefully calculated. The up-the-skirt shots, the driving with a baby in her lap, the checking in and then immediately out of rehab, the Evey-wannabe hairdo.

It gets news coverage.

She's hopelessly addicted to attention.

So let's just drop it and never mention her again.

(Though I must say it's curious that the lady at the salon claimed she shaved her own head when no one was looking, but there are several photos of her doing it. I guess maybe the Invisible Man was there with his camera, eh?)

bobafrett
02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I heard a blurb about this on a news radio station this afternoon. Micheal Jackson syndrom perhaps? Remember since a young age she was performing on the Mickey Mouse club, and she seems to be falling apart. Maybe it's true, money doesn't buy happiness, it just makes you. I dunno......strange?

2-1B
02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
You do realize that none of this is a breakdown? No, it's carefully calculated. The up-the-skirt shots, the driving with a baby in her lap, the checking in and then immediately out of rehab, the Evey-wannabe hairdo.

Why have I seen all of the above except the first one? :confused:

So let's just drop it and never mention her again.

Agreed, but not until I finish the above checklist. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I guess now she is wearing a wig. She must have felt bad after shaving off her locks!

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Its tough to decide who she looks more like:

Without the wig: Vincent Donofrio (http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2007/02/BSpearsBald.jpg)
With the wig: Carol Channing (http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2007/02/britwig.jpg)

Qui-Long Gone
02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I loved Spears in Aliens 3 where she's on that planet with criminals and.....what?.........oh wait.....that was Weever? Ok, I mean GI Jane....that was Ashton Kutcher's mom? WTF#? Well, Spears was pretty good as that Irish chick who sang Prince songs. Remember when she burned a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live? Who?.....Sinbad O'Conner?...........damn.....dude, I feel stupid, but not as stupid as Brit looks!

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070221/ap_en_ce/people_britney_spears;_ylt=Asy_0n7UZP6lUX3vgXqsRPv MWM0F

So, you mean to tell me that she checked into rehab and left the first day of the treatment... twice in a week?

This is not insanity. This is not a breakdown. This is a desperate attempt for attention. She's addicted to one thing, and that's the media coverage.

She can't end it for herself. Sadly, the media won't help her out.

Qui-Long Gone
02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I should have become a psycologist so that when her kids grow up I could retire a billionare!!!! :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
02-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I'ma gonna bet it's Meth. That'd be about right for her I think.

jjreason
02-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Y'know what? You might be on to something there..... though my guess would be bad E (which, up here, nearly 90% of the time is laced with both meth AND cocaine) - I can't see Britney smoking anything (you know what I mean, pervs :beard: ), but I CAN see her popping pills like crazy.

That being said, meth is one of those nasty drugs that you can ingest in just about any manner possible, from snorting to smoking to eating. I've never heard of it being injected, but I wouldn't put it past a few of the druggies I've dealt with.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd need to see a good pic of her teeth to call it meth. For now, I'll just go with "loopy as all hell".

Rocketboy
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I just assumed she wanted matching haircuts.

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Apparently she's back in rehab for a third time after attacking a car with an umbrella. What a freak!!!!!

JON9000
02-22-2007, 04:44 PM
While we are all having a good laugh at the expense of Britney, I'll play Debbie Downer and ask people to be a little forgiving. Yeah, she's rich, and yeah, she's made her loot by manipulating the media, but at the same time she's been a performing monkey since age 5 with no sense of self worth outside her career or knowledge of the hardball world we live in. They say people find spouses in people who are emotionally on their own level, and so it now happens we have two emotional 12-year-olds devouring each other.

I hope this won't be so funny to everyone when she winds up dead, because that is exactly where she is headed before the month is out if somebody doesn't reach her.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2007, 05:15 PM
You can try and preach all you want but I won't ease off of her for a second. SHE HAS DONE IT TO HERSELF. Christ, they didn't want to cut her hair so she grabbed the clippers and took care of it on her own. I have zero sympathy for her.

*EDIT* I just found this awesome story on WWTDD. To quote:

Yikes. Britney last night outside of Kevins house, attacking the paparazzi after he refused to speak to her. If I saw this thing coming at me in the middle of the night, I wouldn't even wait to roll down the windows before I opened fire. I think you can legally kill someone if they come charging after you looking like this. In fact I think you're allowed to continue shooting them all the way up to the autopsy.

Here (http://wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=1945&photo_key=2110), here (http://wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=1945&photo_key=2108), here (http://wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=1945&photo_key=2109), here (http://wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=1945&photo_key=2111), here (http://wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=1945&photo_key=2112)
and here (http://wwtdd.com/photo.phtml?post_key=1945&photo_key=2114) are the pics. It look slike someone is bringin' sexy back!

2-1B
02-22-2007, 07:15 PM
WOW, frightening !!!

General_Grievous
02-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I think Britney was kidnapped by this guy, which is why her head's shaved and she's gone all psycho.

jjreason
02-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Boy, Jono might be on to something - this umbrella thing is yet another huge leap into the insanity abyss.... I'm past joking about her now and am actually more than a little worried about her safety.

The family needs to do an intervention here, and right now. Lock her up someplace if the cops won't. :(

General_Grievous
02-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm.....actually more than a little worried about her safety.

Why? Look, I just can't feel sorry for someone who has responsibilities as a parent and starts hanging out with the wrong crowd, partying and is constantly under the influence when they should be raising their children. She brought this upon herself.

Slicker
02-22-2007, 09:28 PM
I hope this won't be so funny to everyone when she winds up dead, because that is exactly where she is headed before the month is out if somebody doesn't reach her.I seem to recall another instance of this several weeks ago and, sorry to say, I got a couple of good chuckles out of it.

2-1B
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I seem to recall another instance of this several weeks ago and, sorry to say, I got a couple of good chuckles out of it.

I don't follow.

Slicker
02-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't follow.If you're trying to lure me into getting mobbed then it worked...

He spoke of someone "famous" dying down the road and it not being funny. That happened a bit ago. We'll call this individual "Nicole Smith Anna" to protect her identity.

I just assumed she wanted matching haircuts.Now the carpet truly DOES match the drapes.

2-1B
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
If you're trying to lure me into getting mobbed then it worked...

He spoke of someone "famous" dying down the road and it not being funny. That happened a bit ago. We'll call this individual "Nicole Smith Anna" to protect her identity.

I think I may have heard something about that, but I don't remember what it was all about.

Now the carpet truly DOES match the drapes.

That's quite a kisser. ;)
lol

Phantom-like Menace
02-22-2007, 10:43 PM
If you're trying to lure me into getting mobbed then it worked...

I'm trying to behave myself and not mention any of that.

Now the carpet truly DOES match the drapes.

Great comment! Apparently neither the carpet nor the drapes matched anything else and she had to throw them both out.

Rocketboy
02-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Now she just needs to stick her tongue out and get a sexy scar on her forehead.

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Now she just needs to stick her tongue out and get a sexy scar on her forehead.And eat a diet based on Polish sausage.

Damn, RB. You had me rollin' with that one.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I seem to recall another instance of this several weeks ago and, sorry to say, I got a couple of good chuckles out of it.

I don't feel sorry for these people. There is help available and Britney's recently resigned assitant (who was also her childhood friend) urged her and helped her locate people who could help her. It's Britney who refuses to be helped... and if she dies, it's not like anyone didn't try to help her get fixed!

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 09:24 AM
I would like to see Britney fixed.

She should've been fixed about two kids ago.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I would like to see Britney fixed.

She should've been fixed about two kids ago.

AMEN!!!!! :yes:

I don't follow.

Anna Knucklehead. :o

JON9000
02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
You can try and preach all you want...

I wouldn't presume to "preach" to anyone.

Oh, believe me, I'm not above taking delight in the suffering of others... Ted Haggard, Ken Lay, Jimmy Swaggart... but usually you have to be proud, a hypocrite or a bully for me to start up with the hating.

Britney and Anna Nicole are simply pathetic creatures and all of this smacks of "piling on". But, if it makes you feel righteous to bash her over your concern for her children, or you feel she deserves to die, have at it.

Luuuuuuke
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
What disturbs me though is how deep the vitriol is if the celebrity involved is a woman. I didn't hear or read about Kurt Cobain being bashed for being a heroin fiend who blew his brains out and begat a little girl he abandoned.(That was really Courtney Love's fault, right?) Or James Brown, for being a flaming a-hole who beat the #%#@ out of women and tried to hurt cops. Nooooo, when he died, he was just the Godfather of Soul.

And I'm not a feminist by any stretch... But I'm with Jon9000 on this one. Spears is a pathetic figure; so was Anna Nicole. I don't get any joy out of heaping hate on them. But if that's how you get your kicks, have at it.

(But give me a break, don't go accusing forum members of "preaching" because they expressing such opinions if you're essentially going fire-and-brimstone on these people yourself)

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I complained about Cobain being a no-good heroin addict throughout his life, and I've cracked more than a few tasteless jokes about him since he blew his head off.

James Brown got a lot of notoriety during his life for his violence, drug use, etc. But when he died, well, you tend to dwell on achievements. No one wanted to say, "Hey, Reagan did some good, but he was a lying SOB." Or "Bette Davis sure could act, but, man, what a b****." Likewise, people preferred to recall the fact that Brown was one of three architects of what we consider soul music, and the last to pass on.

It had nothing to do with gender. It had everything to do with the guy earning his fame through merit.

But Anna Nicole? What did she do, and "Being hot at one point" doesn't count. I'm waiting.

Her crowning achievement was a minor role in The Naked Gun 33&1/3, based totally on her looks, and a role that could've been played by any number of other models with little or no acting talent.

Oh, and she had a reality show, where she was an insane washed-up model weighing about 300 pounds, acting like an idiot but showing no signs of truly self-destructive behavior.

On the other hand, there's OJ Simpson. He's a case where his notoriety has actually overshadowed his accomplishments. When he dies, the news will remember an accused murderer, with his football and acting careers as footnotes.

My problem with the ANS deal--and, I bet, most people's problem with her as well--is we are sick of her. We were sick of her years before her death, and the 24-hour coverage and ongoing media circus following her death have done nothing to abate that. No, we're even sicker of her.

Like I said before, the news should've said, "Anna Nicole Smith died today in Hollywood, FL. The cause of death is undetermined. She was 39." It shouldn't have even been breaking news. As it is, it totally took over the news outlets, and there wasn't even anything to say yet!

When Kurt Vonnegut dies, which will, sadly, probably be soon, will CNN stop reporting on all other news for two days straight? And, yet, who is more deserving of acclaim?

Britney's much of the same. What did she do? She had a couple of successful songs. But they were far from great; even her onetime loyal fans don't give a rat's about her. She was so manufactured, she made the Spice Girls look like the frigging Supremes. And everyone knows that.

You can say all you want that the only reason the news gives idiots like this (and Paris Hilton, and Lindsey Lohan) so damned much attention is because we watch it. I can guarantee you that, if a serious study were ever to be conducted on this, the numbers of people who actually care are far lower than the media conglomerates want to think.

Oh, and I stand by what I said about her needing to be fixed two kids ago. The girl is an idiot. She's a lousy mother, and her kids are certain to have major problems. Should she be allowed to produce babies simply because she's "pathetic"?

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 12:06 PM
What disturbs me though is how deep the vitriol is if the celebrity involved is a woman. I didn't hear or read about Kurt Cobain being bashed for being a heroin fiend who blew his brains out and begat a little girl he abandoned.(That was really Courtney Love's fault, right?) Or James Brown, for being a flaming a-hole who beat the #%#@ out of women and tried to hurt cops. Nooooo, when he died, he was just the Godfather of Soul.

I'm sorry-- did I not mention that I don't give a toss about Kurt Ka-bang or James (beat-my-wife) Brown, either?

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry-- did I not mention that I don't give a toss about Kurt Ka-bang or James (beat-my-wife) Brown, either?

How can you like R&B and not "give a toss" about James Brown?

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 12:52 PM
The person... not his contribution to music.

JON9000
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
But Anna Nicole? What did she do, and "Being hot at one point" doesn't count. I'm waiting.

Her crowning achievement was a minor role in The Naked Gun 33&1/3, based totally on her looks, and a role that could've been played by any number of other models with little or no acting talent.

Oh, and she had a reality show, where she was an insane washed-up model weighing about 300 pounds, acting like an idiot but showing no signs of truly self-destructive behavior.

I'm just curious about what it is about these celebrities that makes people *hate* them so much that they laugh with glee when said celebrities are brought so low- especially when the celebrity has done nothing to us personally.

Is it some form of envy? As in, "here I am working my butt off and this loser can't make it on a billion bucks?"

Or, "everybody has it tough in life, and these people need to face some adversity, too."

Or, "here is a woman who exerts a lot of influence and power, has people on bended knee serving her every whim, so it certainly feels good to point and laugh in order to make myself feel superior."

I glean from the comments herein (I do not mean to single you out, Chux) that is probably a little bit of all three... all I am saying is that these people, no matter how grotesque their personal lives have become, are real people, not characters out of Dickens, no matter how dickensian their lives.

And as for ANS, I'll reserve judgment because I do not have any effing clue what it is like to grow up hungry (and I mean true hunger- abject poverty the likes of which robs you of your humanity), surrounded by total redneck ignorance and filth. She gave it a heckuva try but in the end couldn't get past the memories.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, for me, I view it as a sign of absolutel weakness and denial. There are plenty of other celebrities and non-celebrities who go through horrible times but have the sense to focus and get thier poop together. I don't even feel sorry for the average Joe or Jane who just repeatedly makes bad choices over and over again. Sad yes... sometimes funny? Also "yes". I just don't have sympathy for anyone who is given the opportunity for help and doesn't take it.

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Not singling you out, either, JON, but where exactly did I say that I hated these people?

I'm simply p***ed, mainly at the "news" media, because, unless people have earned fame based upon their merit or notoriety, nothing they do is news.

I mean, we have a lot going on that's of far more importance than whether Britney Spears wears underwear or not. If not for the internet and NPR, there'd be no source for news in the US.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
If not for the internet and NPR, there'd be no source for news in the US.

Thank you!!!! I've managed to avoid most of this "news" because I only listen to NPR when I'm on the road. The only reason I know about this crap is because of the girlies in my office who cannot tear themselves away from reality television, In-Style/People/Us Weekly magazine or the like.

DarthBrandon
02-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I complained about Cobain being a no-good heroin addict throughout his life, and I've cracked more than a few tasteless jokes about him since he blew his head off.

James Brown got a lot of notoriety during his life for his violence, drug use, etc. But when he died, well, you tend to dwell on achievements. No one wanted to say, "Hey, Reagan did some good, but he was a lying SOB." Or "Bette Davis sure could act, but, man, what a b****." Likewise, people preferred to recall the fact that Brown was one of three architects of what we consider soul music, and the last to pass on.

It had nothing to do with gender. It had everything to do with the guy earning his fame through merit.

On the other hand, there's OJ Simpson. He's a case where his notoriety has actually overshadowed his accomplishments. When he dies, the news will remember an accused murderer, with his football and acting careers as footnotes.

My problem with the ANS deal--and, I bet, most people's problem with her as well--is we are sick of her. We were sick of her years before her death, and the 24-hour coverage and ongoing media circus following her death have done nothing to abate that. No, we're even sicker of her.

Like I said before, the news should've said, "Anna Nicole Smith died today in Hollywood, FL. The cause of death is undetermined. She was 39." It shouldn't have even been breaking news. As it is, it totally took over the news outlets, and there wasn't even anything to say yet!

When Kurt Vonnegut dies, which will, sadly, probably be soon, will CNN stop reporting on all other news for two days straight? And, yet, who is more deserving of acclaim?

Britney's much of the same. What did she do? She had a couple of successful songs. But they were far from great; even her onetime loyal fans don't give a rat's about her. She was so manufactured, she made the Spice Girls look like the frigging Supremes. And everyone knows that.

You can say all you want that the only reason the news gives idiots like this (and Paris Hilton, and Lindsey Lohan) so damned much attention is because we watch it. I can guarantee you that, if a serious study were ever to be conducted on this, the numbers of people who actually care are far lower than the media conglomerates want to think.

Oh, and I stand by what I said about her needing to be fixed two kids ago. The girl is an idiot. She's a lousy mother, and her kids are certain to have major problems. Should she be allowed to produce babies simply because she's "pathetic"?

Amen to that bother, nicely said, though I'm not sold on the bad mother, I am sold on the rest of the post.:thumbsup:

Slicker
02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey!! Enough of this Anna Nicole Smith talk.

This threads about Britney so keep it on how skanky she is.:thumbsup:

JON9000
02-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Not singling you out, either, JON, but where exactly did I say that I hated these people?

You didn't. I'm not calling anybody out individually, but some of the vitriol being handed out (not by you, I'm saying generally on this thread) is enough to make wonder what is going on. And if hate is too strong a word on my part, I suppose I could dial it down to "extreme dislike".

As for the media having a field day with this sort of thing, the sad reality is that, sick of Brit on TV or not, a lot of Americans don't give a darn about real news. If Britney were here, I'm sure she would agree with you and ask the media to find something better to do.

All young people who think they are flipping clever by being news*****s better wake up... they are basically acting like Mickey in Fantasia, and once they get the brooms started they are going to find it deuce difficult to get them to stop.

I will say at least Britney cares. Paris is so jaded she doesn't give a darn either way... all news is god news.

Still, given the proliferation of young female stars who are obviously highly disturbed, I have to ask what in the world is showbiz doing to them.

Phantom-like Menace
02-24-2007, 08:05 AM
What disturbs me though is how deep the vitriol is if the celebrity involved is a woman.

It's funny that we can't just be jerks, we must also be sexist. If you're just making a list, you know, I also refuse to give money to homeless people on the street.

Otherwise, I'm trying to think of all of the jokes that I made about women like Princess Di or Mother Theresa flipping out, taking drugs, dropping babies, shaving heads, flashing sex organs, but then I remember that they actually tried to live lives that didn't read as a series of ready-made punchlines, so I didn't have any jokes to make.

Qui-Long Gone
02-24-2007, 08:47 AM
It's funny that we can't just be jerks, we must also be sexist. If you're just making a list, you know, I also refuse to give money to homeless people on the street.

Otherwise, I'm trying to think of all of the jokes that I made about women like Princess Di or Mother Theresa flipping out, taking drugs, dropping babies, shaving heads, flashing sex organs, but then I remember that they actually tried to live lives that didn't read as a series of ready-made punchlines, so I didn't have any jokes to make.

Although there was that scandel with Mother Theresa and the crake *****....other than that she was quite a woman of virtue.....oh and Di's addiction to midget porn....yes, your points are well put about Brit's lack of humanitarian concern....although she did make a lot of children happy when she was a mousketeer....

jjreason
02-24-2007, 10:21 AM
The sad state of affairs is just this: people in general get off on the misfortune of others, AND we love to look at horror. Case in point - any freeway you're on slows to a crawl whenever there's a particularly nasty accident to look at. I'm not saying everyone does this, but the highway wouldn't be so backed up all the time if it weren't in a good percentage of our natures. Shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race are popular for a number of reasons: good concept, well orchestrated and realized by the production people..... AND the fact that we can't help but be enthralled by people breaking down and losing it - as sad as that may be.

Luuuuuuke
02-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm totally not a Britney Spears fan. I pretty much just like rock music. But I do have to give Spears credit for being pretty funny when I saw her hosting Saturday Night Live. She may have more talent for comedy than for singing, which admittedly is not saying much. Now it's all unintented comedy, which is rather sad. Well, to me.

Luuuuuuke
02-24-2007, 11:25 AM

If you're a rock star and you live a life of absolute debauchary, and basically abandon raising your kids, you get a pass. In fact, if you don't live a life of absolute debauchary and you're a male rock star, then you're suspect. Tell me that's not true.

But if you're a lightweight female pop star, or a lighweight troubled celebrity, for whatever reason, like Anna Nicole Smith, it's like, "Shame, shame, shame on you you filthy, child abandoning, junkie slutmonkey!!"

Frankly, my default instinct on crap like what happened to Smith and Spears is to feel kind of sorry for them. That doesn't mean I don't make ironic remarks about it, or even that I'm not critical.

But spare me the B.S. about, "Oh when Kurt Cobain died, I was critical... bla bla". That's crap. Everyone is technically "critical" when someone does something so awful, almost by default. But there wasn't a groundswell of people practically delighting in his death.

As for the "well, Anna Nicole didn't do anything in her life..." argument, well, then why do you give a hoot? Why devote energy to poking fun at her death? She's was a friggin' cipher! I don't have a problem with people being critical about her lifestyle--I just cringe at the venom that accompanies the death or failures of someone like Smith or Spears.

Why? Because they're rich and you figure, "Well, what do they have to be unhappy about? Or why don't they use that money to help themselves?" Some of the most unhappy, screwed up people in the world are filthy rich. Some of the people least able to help themselves are rich. Look at Cobain. Dude was loved and respected and rich. And he still blew his brains out.

I can't relate to that. I simply can't. But that doesn't mean that however insignificant and superficial I find a certain celebrity, I shouldn't feel a little sorry for them when they die, or when they're obviously struggling emotionally and psychologically.

And as a postscript--as a matter of #%#@ fact, we should be more critical of presidents, be they Reagan, Ford, JFK or whoever in the future, when they die. People like that m ake life and death decisions, they influence world events for good and for bad, and they die and sure enough, we give them a pass.

Gerald Ford was a LOUSY president. He was not worthy of the office. He didn't "heal" the country. That's B.S. People in the know know that. But it's just the nature of the beast: if a president dies, we kind of ignore the bad--even though their life actually really did influence ours. But some lightweight pop artist dies or goes into rehab, and we tear them a new one. It's so ironic.

CaptainSolo1138
02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
These fug skanks are why I watch CBC news.

Qui-Long Gone
02-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Katie Couric is a CBS fug skank?

CaptainSolo1138
02-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Katie Couric is a CBS fug skank?I wasn't referrng to her. I was referring to how Canadian news doesn't waste their time with thsi garbage.

Or were you kidding? Meh. You damn n00bs.:p

2-1B
02-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I think Brit's bald head is cute, she looks really good in Caps' avatar.

Qui-Long Gone
02-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I wasn't referrng to her. I was referring to how Canadian news doesn't waste their time with thsi garbage.

Or were you kidding? Meh. You damn n00bs.:p

Canadians have news?

Rocketboy
02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Of course - Hockey news.

2-1B
02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I think they spell it "neux"

Qui-Long Gone
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
isn't "neux" a Canadian swear word?

Tycho
02-27-2007, 04:43 AM
This just in...

Qui-Long Gone
02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
....in space no one can hear you freak out.....

Tycho
02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
You know what that just reminded me of? Britney looks like that woman-disguise that Arnold wears in Total Recall when he's trying to slip past Customs on Mars.

Now I just need to make a shot of Michael Ironside chasing her while she's attacking that SUV with an umbrella...

preacher
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
To say I'm delighted that Spears has fallen would be understating my feelings. She used to get on all these talk shows like Regis and Oprah and profess to the masses that she was a virgin. All you have to do is google Britney and Porn and you will get your fill of evidence that debunks her claim.

Its these lies that propelled her into stardom. My two girls worshipped the ground she walked in. My girls weren't the only ones that thought she was the best thing since sliced bread. Hell you can see it in the new fashion. With the Bratz dolls and so on. She single handedly ushered in the "sassy" look. Every girl in the mall dressed like her and still do. All the while I'm thinking to myself "man if only these girls knew what Britney did to make it to the top." I knew it was only a matter of time before she fell from grace. First the baby in the driver seat debacle, then the panty thing and now the cue ball.

My girls have wisened up. They now recognize that you cannot misbehave without facing severe consequences. In the case of Spears her image is ruined. She had no singing talent to begin with so there is nothing left for her now. And I for one am delighted that she destroyed herself. Why would anyone feel sorry for her? She did it to herself! She set herself up for a fall long ago by casting herself in this golden light.

Rock stars are a completely different animal. I don't know of a single rock star that ever claimed not to use drug or tried to take on a male-diva persona quite like Spears did. Metallica got their nose into the online music sharing and I'm convinced thats the reason why you don't hear a lot from them. Their collective Johnsons were put on the chopping block and got knicked after the stink they raised over Napster.

Bottomline if you act like a jerk, someday it will catch up with you.

Adios Spears. You'll always have Pepsi.

Slicker
02-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Adios Spears. You'll always have Pepsi....and a WICKED c-section scar.

Tycho
02-28-2007, 10:27 PM
She is an intriguing curiousity as of late and she makes me feel great that I don't have her problems. I'm insane but I've never been in denial about that. I also didn't spit out two kids in less than 2 years so I could ruin others' lives. Britney is a prisoner of her own notoriety and she's panicking like a trapped animal and can't even see that. Heck, I've never turned to illegal drugs. (Dilotted (spelling?), a type of Morphine, was nice while I was in the hospital though).

Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart while I couldn't sleep last night and thought I might raid their pallets if there was anything at all to find (NOT). So I read Us Weekly and all about Britney to pass the time while the stockers dug into the toy pallets.

The analysts said some of her problem is that she's independent because she's so wealthy - her parents can't threaten to "cut her off," as she has so much more money than they do. She has a brother and a cute little sister (who's 15 now I think and looked like Britney used to when she was attractive). Her family can do nothing for her as she has no reason to listen to them. KFed said she's rude to him and won't listen to him either, and that she's actually a very shy and lonely girl in person (she extricates herself on stage - which psychologists said can be a defense mechanism). So she's trained herself to perform, but can't handle socializing. (Heck, Britney is more screwed up than most of you guys!)

As to her kids, KFed might win custody of them (and healthy child-support no doubt), because of her problems with alcohol and drugs. She ran out of her house with no money and no creditcards or anything and tried to get a hotel room somewhere, was refused with no money, and then shacked up with a random (the article didn't say whether that person was male or female - though I suspect if they were male, the media would make a bigger deal of it) but repeatedly visited the hotel lobby trying to get her own room and being refused as she had no ID, no money, etc. Who does this sort of thing? She can afford a hotel room. What does her personal staff always do these things for her so she forgets that real people have to use money? (her mother had her kids at this time, the story goes)

So maybe KFed just knocked her up so he could get the custody of the kids and the child support? Being a single father with Britney paying is very different from the typical scenerio. So maybe KFed does have one talent after all? I can see the father-sons fishing trips on private yachts now... (Hey, nice job though. It's great to see the man win one of these, isn't it? He could be an even bigger hero for our cause than O.J. Simpson was. The jury's still out on Howard K. Stern for the moment).

Oh, speaking of Anna-Nicole Smith, before she died, she put a message for Britney Spears out on her website, noting that she felt they were kindred spirits. Boy was she right.

CaptainSolo1138
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
...and a WICKED c-section scar.
I prefer to hear that line as Jimmy Fallon from the SNL skits about the kids in Boston. "That C-Section skah is wicked, Tawmmy!"

JEDIpartner
03-01-2007, 03:47 PM
You know what that just reminded me of? Britney looks like that woman-disguise that Arnold wears in Total Recall when he's trying to slip past Customs on Mars.

Now I just need to make a shot of Michael Ironside chasing her while she's attacking that SUV with an umbrella...

"Two-- weeks! Two-- weeks! Two-- weeks! Tuh-gurgle-blub-gow--ooooooh aaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

2-1B
08-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Okay, this is definitely being hypercritical of Brit so don't take this as overly picky of me...but for whatever reason, I just found this misusage of a word to be really funny when I read the article awhile back.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/06/spears.apology.ap/index.html

The (sic) just really cracked me up, not sure why I found it so funny ??? (I have made worse errors than this, so I don't wanna dump on Brit too much :D )

jjreason
08-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Hmmmm.... preparing for a role or off on a psychotic, stimulant-fuelled rampage against her ex? You be the judge. What a train wreck.

Qui-Long Gone
08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
so I don't wanna dump on Brit too much :D )

Sometimes too much is never enough...

JON9000
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Has anybody seen "The Elephant Man"?

Britney was exploited as a child, pimped out by her mother and her record label, and now the chickens are simply coming home to roost. I am convinced what we are seeing is a human being that feels completely isolated from almost everybody else and feels she cannot trust anyone. It's a shame really. Being a child star is 9 times out of 10 a recipe for disaster.

Tycho
08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Michael Jackson, anyone?

JON9000
08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Michael Jackson, anyone?

It is interesting to note that Jackson felt a deep kinship with Merrick, the most well-known sideshow attraction in history. I wonder why that is?

People in her spot have to hit the bottom before they rebound. Brit will lose her kids, then she'll either find her strength, or likely do herself in, then we can all sit back and make fun some more when she's dead.

JEDIpartner
09-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Wasn't she great on the VMAs? :rolleyes: I love how the floodgates have opened and all the criticism she's deserved over the last five years has finally caught up with her. Yeah... I feel sorry for her, but she did this to herself!!!! :whip:

El Chuxter
09-11-2007, 11:18 AM
While I don't like her, I feel sorry for the next generation of American girls, who already have unrealistic expectations of beauty, since they're now constantly being told how "fat" Britney was. If that's fat, I think skinny would be able to hang out between two atoms in a water molecule.

Tycho
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Chux, she is not Jessica Alba! Now Kierra Knightley is skinny, but Britney is a candidate for Jenny Craig.

Blue2th
09-11-2007, 12:27 PM
She didn't look that bad for having two kids. Though by hollywood standards she's probably a jiggling whale.

Her lip-sync performance was lack-luster.

Ok Brittany, now that we've seen you like this, put some clothes on and act like a mom.
Maybe she would have been more sexy with nothing more than a skimpy apron.
She could probably have some fun with the trailer-trash mom thing, if she could take the joke, laugh at herself and run with it.

Mister Roboto
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Chux, she is not Jessica Alba! Now Kierra Knightley is skinny, but Britney is a candidate for Jenny Craig.

Do you think she needs an all-new sculpt, possibly using the Dutch Vander body?

plasticfetish
09-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Do you think she needs an all-new sculpt, possibly using the Dutch Vander body?Don't know who you are partner'... but that was damn funny.

Her performance on the VMAs was lame, but it's not like I was a fan before she lost her mind. Before she forgot how to perform on stage. There's no point in flogging a dead hor-hor-HORse (sorry, I stutter) with this one.

I'm really pi**ed at MTV. Again, not that I've watched the channel more than twice in 20 years now, but here they had a chance to find someone that could put on a good show, and instead opted for that train wreck. Only because they knew it would bring more curious viewers waiting to see if she'd be terrible.

Bunch of scum-bag vultures...

Mister Roboto
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
It is similar to what they did with Vanilla Ice. They built him up and crammed him down our throats. When they realized the general public knew he was a phoney and didn't like him, they threw him under the bus.

El Chuxter
09-11-2007, 02:48 PM
That, Mister Roboto, is quote of the day material there! lol

Mister Roboto
09-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey, man, its not my fault that history repeats itself. Vanillia Ice was a phoney that stole from Queen. Ms. Spears isn't the jailbait she used to be back when she was popular. It's all the same to MTV. They'll find someone else.

JediTricks
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Britney probably shouldn't have spent all the night before at the Hard Rock hotel partying, maybe if she knew her own material and choreography it would have worked out in a less humiliating manner.

As for her body, she has an ok body for a normal woman, a little doughy for a 25-year-old perhaps but she is a "mother of 2" (in that she got pregnant and gave birth, not in the manner of acting anything like a parent whatsoever) so it's fine. What's NOT fine however is going on worldwide TV in a ridiculously skimpy outfit baring full midriff while sporting a little paunch like a shameless Will Ferrell character - if she had worn something that hadn't been cut to show off her girl-gut, she would have only been criticized for her unbelievable lack of talent and showmanship that night.

plasticfetish
09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Here's what I'm talkin' about...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g9M4PuzXJKuDUV_6OSsidg7SiVig

Once again, Kanye earns my respect... boycotting MTV.

El Chuxter
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Except that he's the sorest loser in the history of the world and chalks it all up to racism instead of the fact that he's just a damned boring rapper.

plasticfetish
09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Sure, he's a whiner, and could have just said that he was tired of MTV and left it at that, but I think he's probably not wrong about them. Be nice if more people -- for whatever reason -- decided not to work with them. Maybe they'd up their standards (fat chance, they've always been cheap bastards), or at the very least just admit that they're not really a music channel anymore.

How can you not Love Kanye? Gotta give respect to the man that has >> this (http://www.erniebarnes.com/aliferestored.html) painted.

figrin bran
09-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Do you think she needs an all-new sculpt, possibly using the Dutch Vander body?

:D

Don't give certain posters any ideas!

Mister Roboto
09-12-2007, 01:02 PM
:D

Don't give certain posters any ideas!

Oh, sorry.:yes:

JediTricks
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I dunno if Kanye is right, she could have said no, she could have prepared well in advance, she could have decided not to stay out all night partying the day before the performance. MTV pumped a lot of cash into promoting this when she agreed to do it - that's money that goes to both them AND her exposure for her new album. I think ultimately, in MTV's position, they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't, but if they don't put her on they look bad in the audience's eyes, whereas if they do put her on she's the one who makes herself look bad and MTV sits back and lets the people watch.

Tycho
09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Britney needs to hire Karl Rove!

That will solve everything.

2-1B
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
so did MTV pull all clips of this from Youtube ? I can't find it...I did however find a tasty performance of Oops on the VMAs in 2000 - that took me back in time !

Okay, I just found the video of Gimme More on MTV.com, I watched it and I think she's smoking hot. All these people cracking on her for her appearance are outta their damn minds. Chux is right.

The performance itself seemed sluggish and uninspired, though, that's for sure.

JEDIpartner
09-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I think her body looks terrible in that outfit. She's always had climber's legs and a thick torso. There's nothing wrong with her weight. It's fine. It's just that the outfit is not at all that flattering.

Stupid girl was out drinking for three long nights before the performance. I mean, it's not like she has to sing or anything!!! If you're going to make a career out of lip-synching, at least be good at it!!!! :rolleyes:

JON9000
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
damned boring rapper.

not everyone can be Slick Rick. I like Kanye just fine. Besides, he did apologize (one of the best apologies ever, too!).

KANYE: “‘So I’m sitting backstage, and I already hate the fact that I didn’t win no awards, and I see Justin getting ready. I say “Where are you going?” and he says I’m going to perform” and I say “Where?” and says “On the Main Stage”, and I said “The stage that they won’t let me perform on?” And that’s when I was like “Give a black man a chance!”’ West explained before sarcastically apologising to US conservatives ‘I’m sorry middle America, I’m sorry red states.’”

Sadly, Britney has become the Mike Tyson of performing artists. You watch for the train-wreck. I mean, did anybody think Britney would go up there knock it out?

El Chuxter
09-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Personally, I find that, aside from the Outkast, rap has been totally stagnant for over a decade. It probably needs to be put out of its misery.

JON9000
09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
A big part of the problem is that the market is still in love with the repeated hook and god-awful "crunk" aesthetic. Jay-Z, Kanye, Eminem (although I think he is a lousy human being), and Ludacris are legitimately talented big-time modern rappers. I consider most of the Wu-Tang to be relatively underground, so do not include any of them.

Oh, and I think most of the people griping about Britney's weight should take a walk in the mall. 9 out of 10 people they will see over age 14 are in worse shape than Britney. I think she'll continue to tighten up.

2-1B
09-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I think her body looks terrible in that outfit. She's always had climber's legs and a thick torso.

She can climb on my torso any day, cuz I thought she looked good in it. :lipsrsealed:

JEDIpartner
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Chubby chaser... :o

;)

Personally, I find that, aside from the Outkast, rap has been totally stagnant for over a decade. It probably needs to be put out of its misery.

I've never really had any love for rap. It was kinda boring and lacked anything melodic as far as I was concerned. Hip Hop continued to dumb down music to two notes and a drum pattern. It's dire. Really.

plasticfetish
09-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Hip Hop continued to dumb down music to two notes and a drum pattern. It's dire. Really.I think that's a bit of an oversimplification really, but to be sure, since the day Rap stopped being "cutting edge" and instead took over as a standard form of pop music, there has been a lot of terrible stuff out there.

Just the same, if you're interested -- like any other genre I suppose -- there's still a lot of good music to be found. It's just that you're not likely to hear it on the VMAs.

Tycho
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Heavy metal needs to make a comeback. Britney can even lead the revolution!

She already poses awesome with an umbrella that she can attack an SUV with. I think she just needs anger-music to back up her performance with.

For an encore, she can smash hair-clippers on stage. I think she has the potential to come out as the new Ozzy!

JEDIpartner
09-21-2007, 11:48 AM
I was hoping Britney would just go away. If she won't, her shaved head and umbrella rage is perfect for a Plasmatics sort of vibe to her "music".

A big part of the problem is that the market is still in love with the repeated hook

If there were even a memorable hook to speak of, it would be a little more tolerable! LOL

vader121
09-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Brit's a trainwreck, no doubt, but if she needs a place to live I'm all over that (literally). :lipsrsealed:
She's still hot.

Seriously though I think she will eventually do herself in one way or another then within 2 years of that we'll be seeing her story told on Biography or something.

From her beginners as pedophile-fodder in the school girl outfit right up until the end.

Tycho
09-21-2007, 12:07 PM
She's still hot.

I think I have a coupon for Lens Crafters. Are you interested?

jjreason
09-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I thought she looked great as well (and I see 20/15, in case anyone else has a glasses coupon), but totally disinterested.

JediTricks
09-22-2007, 01:54 AM
I thought she looked great as well (and I see 20/15, in case anyone else has a glasses coupon), but totally disinterested.I have 20/15 vision as well and she didn't look "great" from here, she looked a little out of shape but not horrible. It's like seeing an athlete once in his prime come back and he's a little paunchy and worn-out looking - we all call them on that, why not this?

jjreason
09-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Have a look at her first big video, JT (Baby Hit Me One More Time), and tell me she didn't have the tiniest little paunch of tummy above that school girl outfit. Back then, everyone thought that was the hottest thing ever - today it's not acceptable? To me, her body looked mature and shapely - not sloppy or fat at all. 99% of the women that were mocking her couldn't have carried off that outfit standing still, let alone gyrating around like a glorious hussy. :D

Her performance went sideways because she was (purportedly) able to see herself on a huge monitor, and was mortified by how she looked. It's just another example of how ladies' images of their own bodies get totally skewed... which sucks when you have an 8 year old daughter.

I really don't need my kid comparing herself to that "fat" or "out of shape" Britney Spears and coming to the same conclusions about herself. :(

JON9000
09-22-2007, 11:02 AM
It's like seeing an athlete once in his prime come back and he's a little paunchy and worn-out looking - we all call them on that, why not this?

If you want to use the athelete as a comparison, I think at this point Mike Tyson fits the bill best. After a while, once it was obvious Mike was done, people still lined up for the freakshow.

Have a look at her first big video, JT (Baby Hit Me One More Time), and tell me she didn't have the tiniest little paunch of tummy above that school girl outfit. Back then, everyone thought that was the hottest thing ever - today it's not acceptable? To me, her body looked mature and shapely - not sloppy or fat at all. 99% of the women that were mocking her couldn't have carried off that outfit standing still, let alone gyrating around like a glorious hussy. :D

I really don't need my kid comparing herself to that "fat" or "out of shape" Britney Spears and coming to the same conclusions about herself. :(

I think she is definitely bigger now, but then, at the height of her attractiveness, the "Toxic" vid and the shoot in GQ (I think), she was in outstanding physical condition. You just cannot do 1000 crunches per day when you are high all the time, though. She was never a rail, though, that's why she looked so incredible- she was fit.

As far as the body image of young girls goes, down here in the good old US of A, child obesity is going so out of contol I'm not sure our kids don't need some motivation to get their bums off the couch and onto an athletics field. everybody can play soccer in the neighborhood.

Still, calling Britney "fat" right now is just being a hater.

2-1B
09-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah but the majority of young girls are not going to end up looking like "fat" Brit in the first place...so it's a bad example to hold in front of them.

Fit Brit was truly a level of physicality that most girls won't hit, and most of them won't end up like "Fat" Brit either...but that's STILL a far cry from obesity.

They should be motivated to get off the couch and be active for the sake of health and self confidence - not motivated to get off the couch because a former 10 had a few kids and isn't as fit as she once was (but still an 8)...

plasticfetish
09-22-2007, 03:27 PM
The woman can have all the muffin top she wants up there, but it'd still be nice if she bothered to rehearse or maybe stay sober before a performance.

Why are we still talking about this anyway? Oh yeah, 'cause the train wreck is still rollin'...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20825095/

2-1B
09-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Madonna changed her name to Esther ?

plasticfetish
09-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, it's probably her new Hebrew name or something.

jjreason
09-22-2007, 09:42 PM
That's another gong show in itself - Madonna is my generation's Howard Hughes or something - sequestered away from the masses (okay, she's in England instead of being locked up in a Vegas Hotel) and acting extremely odd.

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 12:32 AM
And recording only crappy music since about 1990, with the possible exception of "Frozen."

plasticfetish
09-23-2007, 12:33 AM
HAH! ...oh you wish. She's not nearly as interesting as Howard Hughes. Now, maybe if we find her (or Britney) wandering through the Nevada desert with Kleenex boxes on her feet, I'll agree with you.

Problem is, it takes a real genius to be just that crazy.

Tycho
09-23-2007, 03:53 AM
Problem is, it takes a real genius to be just that crazy.

You called? It sounds like there's a job for Darth Mouse! :crazed:

JediTricks
09-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Have a look at her first big video, JT (Baby Hit Me One More Time), and tell me she didn't have the tiniest little paunch of tummy above that school girl outfit. I just cued it up - and btw, thanks so much for that :rolleyes: - and no, she doesn't, her skirt is so tight that it cuts into her when she does certain moves that causes the tiniest bit of roll, but like "magnifying glass" levels (it's worn higher than her VMA shorts though so it's going to do that).

Back then, everyone thought that was the hottest thing ever - today it's not acceptable? To me, her body looked mature and shapely - not sloppy or fat at all.Don't go all Chris Crocker on us, JJR. :D

99% of the women that were mocking her couldn't have carried off that outfit standing still, let alone gyrating around like a glorious hussy. Those women know better than to throw on such an outfit, Britney chose the most unflattering, uncompromising outfit possible and then she compromised on her body.

Her performance went sideways because she was (purportedly) able to see herself on a huge monitor, and was mortified by how she looked. It's just another example of how ladies' images of their own bodies get totally skewed... which sucks when you have an 8 year old daughter. I don't buy that for a second, she was lazy and glossy-eyed and sloppy and being moved around the stage by her background dancers. The rehearsal shown isn't much better and she's dressed there.

I really don't need my kid comparing herself to that "fat" or "out of shape" Britney Spears and coming to the same conclusions about herself. :(Don't let your kid compare herself to Britney at all, Britney is a horrible role-model in every way.

JON9000
09-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah but the majority of young girls are not going to end up looking like "fat" Brit in the first place...so it's a bad example to hold in front of them.

Fit Brit was truly a level of physicality that most girls won't hit, and most of them won't end up like "Fat" Brit either...but that's STILL a far cry from obesity.

What I am getting at in the big picture is that there is a stigma attached to being overweight, as much as smoking cigarettes is stigmatized.

While Britney does not fit the bill at this point, the stigmatization of being overweight, in my view, is healthy to a degree, in that it discourages people from letting their weight get out of control. Of course, it can go to the other extreme as well- that is why it is equally important to denounce the skeletors out there.

They should be motivated to get off the couch and be active for the sake of health and self confidence - not motivated to get off the couch because a former 10 had a few kids and isn't as fit as she once was (but still an 8)...

Intrinsic motivation in children is about as easy to come by (dare I say "these days"?) as the proverbial snipe. I think our problems as a society with obesity are the product of many different factors, so I may be oversimplifying things with my above statements. It's tough to be slim when you have to hop in a car to go anywhere, take-out is more often than not the rule, and so on.

I actually get almost no incidental exercise myself. I actually have to dedicate time to working out. I think this is a phenomenon that has only asserted itself in the last 50 or so years, hence the outward expansion of the american waistline.

El Chuxter
09-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Maybe Britney doesn't really suck, but got her cue to go onstage and realized she had to take a massive dump.

JEDIpartner
09-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Madonna changed her name to Esther ?

No. That was her ceremonial name that they gave her. :rolleyes: Idiots. It's like when the church gives you a Biblical name of some sort when you get baptised or something. You don't actually use that name, but the church still does it anyhow.

JEDIpartner
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Don't let your kid compare herself to Britney at all, Britney is a horrible role-model in every way.

Agreed!!!!!!

TeeEye7
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Britney "Trainwreck" Spears is at it again! A 5150 Hold? It's about time!

Oops!

BountyHunterScum
01-05-2008, 06:42 PM
why waste time talking about some two bit trailer wh0re.

CaptainSolo1138
01-06-2008, 01:41 AM
why waste time talking about some two bit trailer wh0re.Because it beats holier than thou comments on a SW message board.

plasticfetish
01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Leave her alone!!! :cry: You're lucky she even performed for you ba****ds!!! :cry::cry: LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!! :cry::cry::cry:

2-1B
01-06-2008, 03:25 AM
"wh0re" ? :confused:

I think you forgot a few of the binary 0s and 1s

BountyHunterScum
01-06-2008, 01:56 PM
It won't let me say it. :razz: Yeah leave britney alone lol. Words from a freak. I saw that video on youtube, that proves there are even bigger losers out there than celebrities.

DarthBrandon
01-06-2008, 03:28 PM
There's nothing really to talk about in regards to Britt anymore, she's fallen from grace or what-ever place they hold high for these over-rated clowns. It's a wonder she hasn't gone on a killing spree with all those Paparazzi idiots following her around to get a shot at her crotch or something like that. If any of us had people taking pictures of us 24/7 we'd loose it big time. I'm not saying she's perfect (far from it) but hey, these guys make a living creating problems & then taking pictures to sell to the highest bidder without any regard for anyones safety. i.e. hundreds rushing her when she has a child in hand (almost drops kid is the headline) to snap a picture of a non-famous child, who now inadvertently because of this gets 15 mins of fame. It's a vicious circle & I'm afraid it won't stop until a few more celebs (Diana) die at their hands. There's more important things to put on CNN or any major news channel than Britney's crotch shot or mental breakdown. This is just in poor taste & really has no bearing on anyones daily lives.

Here's the thing Britt married a loser, who's after the free ride (very smart guy IMHO, but not my style), she then has kids with said loser; who parties all the time leaving her to tend to the children while trying to get through post partum depression IMHO. She then loses it & kicks him & his free spending ways to the curb via text mesage on much music. He then sues for the big payoff, only realizing without the kids; it's not going to be as big as he thought. So he then goes after the kids with some very dubious allegations that make their way to the headlines pronto & boom we have the downward spiral. It continues for her & she looses the kids as drug charges by Kevin yet to be proven make the headlines & things really spiral out of control for her. We get a crotch shot here & there to keep us tuned in & then the big collapse; followed by a trip in the ambulance & finally I predict a trip to the morgue. What headlines they will be, big money makers I'm sure of that. Hey it sells right? Who cares about the poor little two bit trailer wh0re I think someone called her earlier. This type of news is not what I want to watch, it's useless to me.

TeeEye7
01-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Yousa point isa well sed, DB.

JEDIpartner
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Ka-boom! :)

2-1B
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
If there's one thing that can pull JP outta retirement, it's a Britney news flash.

Tycho
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM
I (once) thought I'd just like to see Britney flash. It would have been so much better were she still only 17 and wearing that school girl uniform from her first video though.

At 25-26 and with two kids and a c-section scar, I have no interest any more.

2-1B
01-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Slicker showed it to me...I didn't mind. :)

JEDIpartner
01-25-2008, 10:07 AM
If there's one thing that can pull JP outta retirement, it's a Britney news flash.

And here I am again!! LOL Britney tried to kidnap replacement children!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22828817/
Britney Spears ‘freaks out’ schoolchildren

MSNBC contributors
updated 10:35 p.m. ET, Thurs., Jan. 24, 2008

Apparently, creating a frightening environment for her own children isn’t enough for Britney Spears. Now she’s spooking random children in Beverly Hills, reports Usmagazine.com (http://www.usmagazine.com/exclusive_britney_spears_bizarre_school_visit). According to the Web site, a “scantily clad” Britney popped up at neighborhood elementary school, “freaking out” students while telling the grown-ups that she was there to pick up someone else’s kids.

“She was just rambling and confused,” one bystander said of Britney, who appeared just before 3 p.m. dismissal. “She said, ‘I’m here to pick up my kids.’ But then she changed her story and said, ‘They aren’t my kids; I have a new attorney, and I came to pick them up for her.’”

Echoing the thoughts of a nation, the witness added, “All I could think was, ‘Who in their right mind would let her pick up their kids?’”

Britney’s chain-smoking attendance set more than a bad example. As news of the pop star’s presence spread around the school, “some of the kids were freaked out,” a school source told Usmagazine.com. Supervising adults quickly calmed the situation, directing Britney to the school’s back entrance.

Meanwhile, the mystery children Brit said she was there to pick up never materialized. The former Mouseketeer eventually got in her car and left, alone.

DarthQuack
01-25-2008, 10:09 AM
How is this woman still alive? I'm just speechless with all the shenanigans that she's been pulling.

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
"Daaang, how ya'll git thru the day without vodka? And why ya'll so short? Have they taught you guys how to breed caramel piggies yet? 'Cause I really want one o' them."

JEDIpartner
01-25-2008, 10:56 AM
"Daaang, how ya'll git thru the day without vodka? And why ya'll so short? Have they taught you guys how to breed caramel piggies yet? 'Cause I really want one o' them."

:laugh:

I'm still shocked that she's not been locked up for the sake of everyone else's safety. YEESH!!!!

JON9000
01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Something about danger to self or others, I believe.

El Chuxter
02-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I just saw this thread title again, and read it as "Britney Spears: The Spinal Continues...."

"This insanity goes to eleven."
"Couldn't you just make ten more insane?"
"Uh, this one goes to eleven."

JON9000
02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I've turned Brit's travails into an argument against hereditary monarchy. Imagine Britney running your country.