PDA

View Full Version : Hermi Odle confirmed!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
The Hasbro catalog checklist on GH (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=6260&zoneid=2) shows that Hermi Odle and C-3PO with Salacious Crumb are on their way as figures #29 and #30. It also shows that Hasbro can't decide whether it's CZ-3 or CZ-4, and they also don't know how to spell "Hermi." :thumbsup:

bigbarada
02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Awesome! :thumbsup:

He'll go great with Ephant Mon and Amanaman!

I really hope they resulpt Salacious in a sitting pose, or is this going to be the "Salacious rips out Threepio's eyes" version?

2-1B
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
He'd go great with Yarna, too.

JEDIpartner
02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah... Yarna. :(

Droid
02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I would think it will be a ripping out 3P0s eye version. Wouldn't it be dumb if it was a repacked 3P0 and a repack Crumb? I am really hoping that the Crumb is a different sculpt than the prior one. One that can sit. Articulation would be great. We'll see.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
SBC should have a big curly tail like the vintage one.

Rogue II
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
I would think it will be a ripping out 3P0s eye version. Wouldn't it be dumb if it was a repacked 3P0 and a repack Crumb? I am really hoping that the Crumb is a different sculpt than the prior one. One that can sit. Articulation would be great. We'll see.

It doesn't seem like Hasbro is putting re-packs in the TAC line. Crumb could be, since he is more of an accessory than a figure.

Jargo
02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I would hope that threepio has a bit of green gunk still on him and swappable heads. and Crumb come sculpted as sitting as we never actually see him stand. he's either sitting somewhere or the only other time he does anything it's hang from a ceiling beam.

Hermi is quite a bit smaller than Ephant Mon. without his robes, probably no bigger than a Gamorrean. in photos he's the same height as Boba Fett. just over shoulder height to Ephant Mon

dindae
02-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Great news he was the highlight for me of the rumor list for a long time. I'm glad I finally got some confirmation. The 3po with eye pulled out would be great too.

Kidhuman
02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I would hope that threepio has a bit of green gunk still on him and swappable heads. and Crumb come sculpted as sitting as we never actually see him stand. he's either sitting somewhere or the only other time he does anything it's hang from a ceiling beam.

I would like the head thingie, but he never had green goop on him when crumb ripped his eye out.

Rogue II
02-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I would like the head thingie, but he never had green goop on him when crumb ripped his eye out.

This could be the only problem ever solved by snap-on green poop.

evenflow
02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Wish it was Yarna instead of 3PO

DarkJediCole
02-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I had heard that Hermie Odle was on the more-or-less confirmed track some time ago. It is nice to see that it is really official. He is a long overdue Jabba's Palace denizen and I once had it on fairly good authority that Hasbro had no intentions of ever producing Hermie! As it was told to me, Hasbro lost so much money on Ephant Mon that they took Hermie Odle out of the pool of characters for consideration. But then I was originally told (many years ago) that Ephant Mon was going to be released in the higer price-point Deluxe line, rather than the standard line.

That said, while Yarna seems unlikely, especially given that she figured in Hasbro's April Fool's Day prank list (including dead Jawas and the remains of Owen and Beru) suggesting that she ranks amoung the "never going to happen" characters. I don't recall all of the characters or variations of characters that made up the fake list, but of all of them only Yarna seemed out of place on the list. Funeral pyre Jawas and "Ice Cream Maker Man" are not crutial background characters, but Yarna actually had consideralbe screentime (relatively speaking) and was reportedly in the works for the vintage line! Even "slave" Leia did not hold that distinction!

The short form - I still hold out hope that Yarna will join my Jabba's Palace display in my nearly 30 year old Star Wars collection one day in the future.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-20-2007, 02:10 AM
I would think it will be a ripping out 3P0s eye version. Wouldn't it be dumb if it was a repacked 3P0 and a repack Crumb? I am really hoping that the Crumb is a different sculpt than the prior one. One that can sit. Articulation would be great. We'll see.I'd be happy with one that can stand. Mine keeps falling over.

JON9000
02-20-2007, 10:33 AM
That said, while Yarna seems unlikely, especially given that she figured in Hasbro's April Fool's Day prank list (including dead Jawas and the remains of Owen and Beru) suggesting that she ranks amoung the "never going to happen" characters. I don't recall all of the characters or variations of characters that made up the fake list, but of all of them only Yarna seemed out of place on the list. Funeral pyre Jawas and "Ice Cream Maker Man" are not crutial background characters, but Yarna actually had consideralbe screentime (relatively speaking) and was reportedly in the works for the vintage line! Even "slave" Leia did not hold that distinction!

The short form - I still hold out hope that Yarna will join my Jabba's Palace display in my nearly 30 year old Star Wars collection one day in the future.

She'll be along, I'm sure. Keeping certain characters on the burner holds collector interest, and Yarna is one of them.

Tycho
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I totally agree with JON.

Now I can't wait until C4 pictures get posted, as that is when I think Hasbro will reveal Herme Odle along with some others.

They have C4 and Comic Con to save some of their list for so they can keep garnering attention throughout the year. It makes sense.

Jargo
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Oh god if they packed threepio with an alternate head and little tub of green slime like the stuff that came with Episode One vomiting Jabba Glob. then it's not permanent slime so you effectively get two versions in one and loads of kid play value. old kid young kid or no kid kid at all... "it goes IN the glass cabinet with everything else and that's final!".

I hope Hermi's robes are sculpted plastic not fabric. and make his tongue really red and glossy shiney.

DarkJediCole
02-20-2007, 02:42 PM
I'd be happy with one that can stand. Mine keeps falling over.

Do you have the one that came with Oola or the one that came with Amanaman? I have displayed the one from the Oola box since it was released and it stands far better than the one that came with Amanaman. It appears that the later version, though using the same mold, is made of softer material and does not support the weight of the body as well as its predecessor.

DarkArtist
02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
looking forward to seeing some pics. I just hope he is not as hard to find as Ephant Mon was.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Do you have the one that came with Oola or the one that came with Amanaman? I have displayed the one from the Oola box since it was released and it stands far better than the one that came with Amanaman. It appears that the later version, though using the same mold, is made of softer material and does not support the weight of the body as well as its predecessor.
I have both but I have not opened Oola, so the one on display is the one with Amanaman.

DarkJediCole
02-21-2007, 01:39 PM
looking forward to seeing some pics. I just hope he is not as hard to find as Ephant Mon was.

I agree with you there!

I paid $15 for my Ephant Mon at a convention (at the time I was told it would be a $9.99 price point Deluxe figure so the price did not seem too high, especially since this was right before they, supposedly, started to hit the pegs). In the end the price was not too bad as I never saw one in the stores when that wave hit.

Oddly enough a few years later an obscure little toy shop opened in a local mall and a friend of mine found three Ephant Mons at $3.00 each! He told me he bought all they had but I went there a few weeks later and found four more at the same price. They were incredible trade pieces to say the least.

I am fortunate in that I now have an avid collector watching out for my want list needs (he buys one of every Star Wars item that is released) and he's found many things I cannot. But then I have managed to find a few things he could not find that I was not looking for myself so it has worked out well.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with you there!

I paid $15 for my Ephant Mon at a convention (at the time I was told it would be a $9.99 price point Deluxe figure so the price did not seem too high, especially since this was right before they, supposedly, started to hit the pegs). In the end the price was not too bad as I never saw one in the stores when that wave hit.

Oddly enough a few years later an obscure little toy shop opened in a local mall and a friend of mine found three Ephant Mons at $3.00 each! He told me he bought all they had but I went there a few weeks later and found four more at the same price. They were incredible trade pieces to say the least.

I am fortunate in that I now have an avid collector watching out for my want list needs (he buys one of every Star Wars item that is released) and he's found many things I cannot. But then I have managed to find a few things he could not find that I was not looking for myself so it has worked out well.

Yeah i got my Ephant Mon from a K-Mart that was going oout of business. the packaging was very badly damaged and the retail price on it was dropped to $4.00. Never saw another afterward.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Whoa!!! I had a similar experience!!!!

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I got both of my Ephant Mon's on eBay, one open and one carded. I take that back, the opened one I got on eBay, the carded one was from someone here at SSG.

Banthaholic
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I found mine at Target, but then 2 years later saw a few at KB toys. Picked up 2 extra at $3 each for the hell of it for the future kids to play with.

Jargo
02-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't remember where I found my Ephant Mon, possibly at a TRU. i reember there being a good number of them when I picked mine up.

I've since 'accurised' mine because the limbs and head were different colours. and far too light. I just used a wash of thinned down dark grey matt enamel paint and while it was drying rubbed over the face with my finger and got a gret paint application. I repainted the hair the right colour too.

what was this thread about anyway?

jjreason
02-25-2007, 10:13 AM
It was about the Hermi Odle figure being confirmed, and I was just about ready to chime in with a "awesome!" or "cool, I can't wait to see what he'll look like!" or maybe even a "sold!!!" or maybe even all 3. :D

It's good news, very good news.

bigbarada
02-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't remember where I found my Ephant Mon, possibly at a TRU. i reember there being a good number of them when I picked mine up.

I've since 'accurised' mine because the limbs and head were different colours. and far too light. I just used a wash of thinned down dark grey matt enamel paint and while it was drying rubbed over the face with my finger and got a gret paint application. I repainted the hair the right colour too.

what was this thread about anyway?

The toy version of Ephant Mon was painted more along the lines of the puppet prototype. He had a lot more brown in his skintone by the time they started filming. If Hasbro ever rereleases him, they might consider redoing the paint deco just to give a distinction between the two versions.

Jargo
02-25-2007, 02:45 PM
it seems more green in colour than brown. like a dark grey green. I always assumed that the amber lighting on the set made everything seem browner than it was. a lot of blue and amber lighting in that throne room set.

if hasbro ever re-issue they should also try for a more subtle paint application on the dark patches on his robes. perhaps ad in another colour and get some shading going on.

same should apply to hermi. if they're going to airbrush stuff on then they need to do it subtley. not just big blobs of paint with fuzzy edges.

Snowtrooper
02-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Found my first one at Wal-Mart for $4.77. I later found a some at KB-Toys for $3 apiece.

TheDarthVader
02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I found my ephant mons (2) at TRU for $3.00 a piece. Epahnt Mon is the BOMB. I am looking forward to Hermi.

Tycho
02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I must point out that while another big alien figure like Herme will be cool, nothing in all of Star Wars can really out-do Ephant Mon with a trunk on his face and poseable jaw, and a tail behind his back, and all the articulation he came with in between.

While he is not the most FUN figure, a Luke, Obi-Wan, or Vader w. Removeable helmet probably tops that chart, Ephant might be the best design / sculptwork that Hasbro will ever do.

Banthaholic
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
While he is not the most FUN figure, a Luke, Obi-Wan, or Vader w. Removeable helmet probably tops that chart, Ephant might be the best design / sculptwork that Hasbro will ever do.

I have to agree with you on that statement.

Hermi is one of the most ugly of the available aliens. I'm sure he has a great personality though. He looks like a removed human internal organ. But that look makes him a fitting member of Jabba's gang.

bigbarada
02-27-2007, 03:04 AM
I must point out that while another big alien figure like Herme will be cool, nothing in all of Star Wars can really out-do Ephant Mon with a trunk on his face and poseable jaw, and a tail behind his back, and all the articulation he came with in between.

I definitely agree! :thumbsup:

I think Ephant Mon marks the first time that Hasbro/Kenner has gotten a figure so close to perfect on the very first try.

jedibear
03-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm totally stoked for this figure! Ephant Mon is one of my favorite Hasbro SW figures of all...one I never expected to see made and be made so well on top of it...I hope Herme can stand (stoop?) proudly with him when he arrives...

Jargo
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I once saw Philip Herbert the guy who played Hermi Odle in a production of The pied piper of Hamlin. Chubby fella. A confirmed bachelor...

which is apropos of nothing really exept that this thread reminded me I'd seen him in the flesh. well not flesh really. that would be stomach churning. but live. acting.

lee gray
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Cool news if his sculpt is anything like ephant-mon then it will be a must have figure

would have thought the c3po with crumb would have looked better if on a saga card with the jabba palace scene in the background

Tycho
03-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Want to see something funny? Ask JediTricks for his evaluation of Philip Herbert's acting ability as demonstrated by Return of the Jedi. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I once saw Philip Herbert the guy who played Hermi Odle in a production of The pied piper of Hamlin. Chubby fella. A confirmed bachelor...

Where exactly was this confirmed? A Lucasfilm press release about his marital status? A TV interview where he was asked if he was married? Maybe it came up in casual conversation? Or does he carry and show, when asked, an Official Bachelor ID Card(TM)?

Just curious, is all.

:p

Mad Slanted Powers
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Maybe he's a bachelor who has been confirmed.

Jargo
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
This photo (http://www.julianclary.net/images/Backstage/twentytwo.jpg) from the Julian Clary 'Mincer' tour. Mr. Herbert has worked with Julian on a few shows going by the stage name of Hugh Jelly.

I don't make this stuff up. Neither am I saying there's anything wrong with being a confirmed bachelor or living an 'alternate' lifestyle. I'd be a hypocrite if I was.

El Chuxter
03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Well, I was just playing dumb and noting that the literal definitions of "confirmed" and "bachelor" don't necessarily mean the definition of "confirmed bachelor." :p

Jargo
03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I was watching an episode of scrubs last night. The character of Tod(d?) reminded me of you tycho.

However. i didn't make my posts in order to open up a debate about whethr ones life choices are valid or not. instead i was merely noting in an anecdotal way that i'd seen this guy live on stage and that he bats for my team. the latter part being an aside. As i'd just stumbled across that picture while doing a search for pictures of him to illustrate who the hell i was talking about. I posted the picture because it wasn't a dull studio shot but a candid one, a spirited moment perhaps. I wasn't putting the picture up for judgement.

I also stumbled across a head shot he'd sent to someone who had posted it on the net under which he'd answered the question asked about what it was like in the costume. Mr. herbert replied that it was very hot, but that the job had been a rewarding one.

I actually think it's great that after all these years he gets recognition of his work by having the character he played as just a 'monster' (as Lucas terms his alien characters) immortalised as an action figure. Considering Hermi plays no real part in the story and isn't seen much in the movie and we probably lost a fair bit of the stuff they shot for those scenes to the cutting room floor. hard work inside a huge rubber costume in a stupidly hot studio. the guys wearing thin rubber masks were sweating buckets when the masks came off. I can only imagine how bad it must have been inside those big heavy costumes.

I hope hasbro do a good job on the figure. I think the guy deserves the recognition.

Tycho
03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Good post Jargo. As to Scrubs, I've never seen it. I don't know who Todd is.

And I too hope for a great figure of Herme Odle in the likes of Ephant Mon (my personal favorite SW figure due to the artisanry).