PDA

View Full Version : Return of JediCole

DarkJediCole
02-19-2007, 10:47 PM
It has been a while but I am finally back on Sir Steve's Guide and ready to start posting agian. I've had to adopt a new screenname as my original (JediCole) seems to not work any longer, despite long presence here in the past and having even served as a moderator some years ago.

But I've never been one to dwell on the number of posts I've made. I am just happy to have a viable screenname and to join in the collecting and other discussions that occur here. I've missed the SSG community and I know it has grown since I last posted.

That said, I am going to make the most of my return. Last year I had the good fortune to join a Star Wars-themed podcast and serve in the capacity of heading the Collectibles Department. In addition to providing insights on the myriad collectibles in the Star Wars realm I also try to keep our listeners informed of the new collectibles on the horizion, especially with the 30th Anniversary approaching.

The podcast was the closest thing I've been involved in of late to my past experiences on the SSG forums. And now I have returned and look forward to being a part of this aspect of Star Wars fandom and perhaps getting back in touch with some of you I met via SSG in the past.

bigbarada
02-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey, I remember you.:yes:

Anyways, welcome back! It's too bad you had to turn to the darkside to get back here though.:D

I've only started posting here again in the last 5 months or so.

Kidhuman
02-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome back. I briefly remember you here and I saw you on myspace page for SSG.

El Chuxter
02-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler! You've got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled.

How you doing, you old pirate? So good to see you!

(I came up with that myself. lol)

Slicker
02-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler! You've got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled.

How you doing, you old pirate? So good to see you!

(I came up with that myself. lol)Amateur :rolleyes:

It goes like this:

"You swindeling, slimy, double-crosser. It takes alot of nerve to come back here after that"

bobafrett
02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
No I think it goes "Your here to swindle my money, but I'm going to double cross you by stealing your woman, and making you into a wall decoration! Oh, and your droid talks to much, so I'm gonna have him blasted to pieces."

Hello DJC! Welcome back!

2-1B
02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
The King Cole of the Texas Convention Circuit returns ! :grin:

Welcome back, sir. :)

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Hey, what's up JC! Podcasting eh? I must admit much ignorance there, to me it's just someone reading an article. ;) Having fun with it? Which site?

It has been a while but I am finally back on Sir Steve's Guide and ready to start posting agian. I've had to adopt a new screenname as my original (JediCole) seems to not work any longer, despite long presence here in the past and having even served as a moderator some years ago. You used your account only a month ago, it's still working from what I can see, here's the last post: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=522026#post522026
the email address is a yahoo one, if you're still using that email you should be able to access the SSG account enough to at least change the password.

DarkJediCole
02-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey, what's up JC! Podcasting eh? I must admit much ignorance there, to me it's just someone reading an article. ;) Having fun with it? Which site?

JT,
Welcome to the club. I knew nothing about podcasting when I answered a general call for Star Wars fans to join the fledgling VaderCast (www.vadercast.com (http://www.vadercast.com)) on the page for a universal fan club (Fandom at Random DFW) that I founded. Our fearless leader, Tim, had conceived of a Star Wars podcast and was thrilled to have a Star Wars collecting vetran like myself come on board. Mrs. JediCole soon joined the cast and I believe we have both been on every episode since the first! I even hosted the first planning meeting for VaderCast so I was "there back when".

Since the podcast began we've put at least five episodes up on the site for download (with three more awaiting editing), engaged in many thoughtful discussions about Star Wars, and even added Mrs. JediCole's recurring segment, "Death by Wampa"! The VaderCast website has its own forums so please be sure to put your two cents worth in there if you get a chance to download our podcasts. Also look for a post here in General Discussions about a currently running contest.

You used your account only a month ago, it's still working from what I can see, here's the last post: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=522026#post522026
the email address is a yahoo one, if you're still using that email you should be able to access the SSG account enough to at least change the password.

Also, the problem I've run into using the old account recently is that when I log in I am taken immediatly back to the log in screen on an endless loop. It will no longer allow me to post, hence the creation of DarkJediCole (just like what happened to Anakin, only different).

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Ah, corrupted cookies, search out the ones for sirstevesguide.com and delete them, then your access should be fine.

DarkJediCole
02-22-2007, 02:02 PM
The King Cole of the Texas Convention Circuit returns ! :grin:

Welcome back, sir. :)

Yes, one and the same! If you are hanging out on the Texas Convention Circuit this year you can see me (and Mrs. JediCole) at the Dallas ComicCon Fan Days, March 17-18 in Richardson, TX. I will also be appearing Friday night (March 16) at All-Con in Addison, TX to host either a live production of my popular "Justify That" segment from VaderCast (justifying plot holes and other questionalbe aspects of the Star Wars saga or a screening of The Aristocrats followed by an open mic "Be an Aristocrat" session. And I will be back at All-Con on Sunday (March 18) to be part of a live recording of VaderCast which will include audience participation, readings of the Dooku Haiku Contest winning entries, and even prize drawings for the audience. I will need to determine the exact time of the podcast recording and I will post it here. Needless to say I will have a very busy weekend in March!

For details on the Dooku Haiku Contest visit this post:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34300