PDA

View Full Version : Lot of news on Cyber-Bullying lately

El Chuxter
02-22-2007, 04:40 PM
It seems every freaking channel has had to devote an inordinate amount of news time to cyber-bullying lately.

Something like two-thirds of kids have been insulted or had their feelings hurt online.

MrJabbaJohnL, you're a dork.

There, I've done my part to aid progress.

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Do we have a "snoring" smilie? I hate these stupid reports. Last night they ran a "news" story about how sexual predators were contacting kids via Nintendo DS units. I'm sure that doesn't happen as much as they are suggesting. Stupid February sweeps!!!!

El Chuxter
02-22-2007, 04:53 PM
The reason there are so many online predators is simple: There are way too many stupid parents who turn a blind eye to anything their kids do, online or in the real world.

JEDIpartner
02-22-2007, 04:59 PM
The reason there are so many online predators is simple: There are way too many stupid parents who turn a blind eye to anything their kids do, online or in the real world.

That's 'cos there are too many people who don't have what it takes to BE parents in the first place. They are too busy wanting to live their own lives without even considering the fact that "their lives" don't really exist anymore. The kids come first... always!!!!

General_Grievous
02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
They must be talking about Xbox Live. I can't tell you how many smart @$$ twelve-year olds I've told off there. Mainly I've told them that I'm their real father. They shouldn't take it seriously, though. I mean, if your feelings are hurt from an online insult, you must obviously have some psychological issues.

El Chuxter
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
I was talking with Mrs Chuxter after the most recent news article on this.

If you say to a friend, or even an acquaintance, "You ****head," your tone of voice, etc, can tell him or her that you're joking.

Say the same thing online, with the same intent, and it doesn't necessarily come across the same way.

Like what I said earlier about JJL. I meant that. He's a dork.

(Counting the seconds until said dork replies.)

Jargo
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I've ben at forums where the phrase bully has been thrown around and people have been deleted for basically doing as chux describes. joshing banter misconstrued by the emotionally immature and uber sensitive.

My view is that if thesepeople get so upset by a few words ontheir computer screen god help them in the real world where people can be even plainer in expresing opinions. might as well all file lawsuits against the world and get it over and done with. all sue each other so no-one loses any money and everyone can get on with life the way it should be.

figrin bran
02-23-2007, 02:13 AM
awww, poor slicker has to deal with all of us bullies :p

stillakid
02-23-2007, 07:26 AM
That's 'cos there are too many people who don't have what it takes to BE parents in the first place. They are too busy wanting to live their own lives without even considering the fact that "their lives" don't really exist anymore. The kids come first... always!!!!

While it theory, that sounds like the right attitude, it also sounds like one of those ideas that comes from someone who doesn't have their own children. Of course we, as parents, place a high priority on what the kids need before our own needs, but a depressed or disappointed parent is going to make a lousy role model. Yes, you think of your kids first, but if you're not first happy yourself, then everything that follows will be suspect unless you are a very very good actor.

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Do we have a "snoring" smilie?

Here ya go!!! Next time find it on your own you lazy arse. (You've been bullied) :p

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
For bullying, one needs go no further than our very own "you suck" thread. :yes: :sleeping: :dead:

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2007, 10:13 AM
People are much too PC, that's why this kind of stuff is considered "bullying". Maybe I missed the memo, but can't you avoid chatting online?:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
02-23-2007, 10:15 AM
While it theory, that sounds like the right attitude, it also sounds like one of those ideas that comes from someone who doesn't have their own children. Of course we, as parents, place a high priority on what the kids need before our own needs, but a depressed or disappointed parent is going to make a lousy role model. Yes, you think of your kids first, but if you're not first happy yourself, then everything that follows will be suspect unless you are a very very good actor.

Please... It is NOT. It's from being around parents who raised their kids properly and followed this rule. My partner's sister has three kids with her husband and they will cancel things or whatever if their kids need something or are sick or they can't get a sitter or have grandma watch the kids. So... it's just not. They never were depressed or disappointed. They just realised that's the way things are. It's not like this happened all the time. When it did, though, they knew what had to be done.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
awww, poor slicker has to deal with all of us bullies :p
Why do you think that I've been trading with alot of the forumites of late? Because I get there address when they want the product or money. All in good time.

BTW, Figgy, do you need help with anything? Or do you just wanna give me your address so I can send you some money?

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
In regards to all the Slicker's Mom comments, it's only cyber-bullying if it's not true.

InsaneJediGirl
02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Just remember, I know where all you geeks live.......................

............with your mom :yes:

That clears up my cyber bullying for the day:D

Slicker
02-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh, yeah?!

Well...well...your name is a season of the year!!!

Ohhh, burrrrrrn. i got u good!

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah? Well your mom is an Olympic sport!!

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Well, your name is Spanish.

Rogue II
02-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, your name is similar to the actress' name that was married to Tom Cruise, so that means you love Tom Cruise and you want to have his babies.

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
In what world is Kidhuman close to Katie Holmes?

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
In what world is Kidhuman close to Katie Holmes?

Katie Holmes, do I have to spell it out for you? :D

sith_killer_99
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, your name is similar to the actress' name that was married to Tom Cruise, so that means you love Tom Cruise and you want to have his babies.

Like anyone believe Tom knocked up Kate Homes.

And yes, Kate Holmes, does have a certain "Kid Human" ring to it.:yes: :p :D ;)

Jargo
02-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I hate you all and think you have fat butts. and nasal hair. and warts. and smell like incontinent otters.

Rogue II
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I hate you all and think you have fat butts. and nasal hair. and warts. and smell like incontinent otters.

How did you know about my nasal hair? Shouldn't you be out trying to give birth to an elk?

stillakid
02-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Please... It is NOT. It's from being around parents who raised their kids properly and followed this rule. My partner's sister has three kids with her husband and they will cancel things or whatever if their kids need something or are sick or they can't get a sitter or have grandma watch the kids. So... it's just not. They never were depressed or disappointed. They just realised that's the way things are. It's not like this happened all the time. When it did, though, they knew what had to be done.

Well, yes, a caring parent will do exactly as you have described. However I'm most curious that you seem to know precisely how those two parents in your story really feel. I'm not suggesting that doing things for the children makes one depressed or disappointed, however if all a parent does is wait around to see what the kids will need and never take a little time out for his or herself, then who knows how happy or sad or depressed that person really is? People are very good actors, particularly when away from their four walls or in the company of others. But when the door closes and the non-parents go away, you have no idea what is really going on. It's all about balance.

General_Grievous
02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Katie Holmes, do I have to spell it out for you? :D

It could also be Kidhuman, as in Nicole. She put up with Cruise for a while.

figrin bran
02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Why do you think that I've been trading with alot of the forumites of late? Because I get there address when they want the product or money. All in good time.

BTW, Figgy, do you need help with anything? Or do you just wanna give me your address so I can send you some money?

hey easy there, you're barking up the wrong tree! you could count on one hand the number of times where i've made jokes about you or any of your family members :p

Slicker
02-24-2007, 10:11 PM
One hand you say? Hmmm...maybe I'll just pimp slap you with that hand and let you off easy.;)