PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Potato Heads

Jek Porky 2002
02-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, so please move it if neccesary.

Are they still making these? I have only just started collecting these an think they are great!

I so far have Darth Tater, Spud Trooper and R2-Potatoo. Are there plans for any more?

I can't really think of any other charactors that rhyme with potatos. I thought of WEDGE Antillies, but he's not really a "main" charactor so would have much apPEAL (get it??). I suppose they could make a fullsize Pricess Tater, she would look good with the 2 buns on the side of her head!

Any ideas of what they could do next? Here is a list of potato related words that could be useful:-

Potato
Tater
Spud
Fries
Chip
Wedge
Fritter
Roast
Mash

... I'm sure there are many more quirky words that could be used. Any ideas?

sergiurusu
02-23-2007, 07:30 AM
I only have Spud Trooper and Darth Tater and love them.:thumbsup: Didn't realise they could be do big.

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 07:35 AM
I love the Star Wars Mr. Potato head's. I haven't seen the R2-Potatoo at retail, but I do own several of the other Spuds. From what I've read, they aren't planning on making anymore, though I think they should. I'd very much like to see a:

Tusken Tater

Rocketboy
02-23-2007, 07:49 AM
No more Star Wars taters are planned. I'd love to see at least accessory sets (Boba Fett and Threepio are just asking to be made).

There are Optimus Prime and Spider-Man spuds on the way though.

Ji'dai
02-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Off-topic, but Hasbro is making MLB Potato Heads with team jerseys, hats, and baseball accessories. I saw the Chicago Cubs head at TRU today. The "Sports Spuds (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2558497)" are smaller than the Star Wars heads and are packaged in a clamshell.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 12:17 PM
They are smaller yet cost more. Gee, I guess MLB costs more to license than Lucas.:rolleyes:

Jek Porky 2002
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Great call on the Tusken Tater!!

Well thanks for clearing that up for me guys, doesn't look like my collection will be growing in the near future then.

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Off-topic, but Hasbro is making MLB Potato Heads with team jerseys, hats, and baseball accessories. I saw the Chicago Cubs head at TRU today. The "Sports Spuds (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2558497)" are smaller than the Star Wars heads and are packaged in a clamshell.

Awesome, looks like I'll have another Potato to add, the Chicago Spuds, I mean Cubs!

DarkArtist
02-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Wel they could also make a Luke Frywalker since they mentioned him on the back of the R2- Potatoo box. the could even make a Anakin Frywalker as well.

Ji'dai
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Awesome, looks like I'll have another Potato to add, the Chicago Spuds, I mean Cubs! I figured my post would get notice by SSG's resident Cubs fan. I checked again today and TRU's price is $10 for these things. Check out the sports-spuds.com (http://sports-spuds.com/) for more team info. Looks like Hasbro has NBA and NHL licenses too.

bobafrett
02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Awesome, Thanks Ji'dai!