PDA

View Full Version : RATS at KFC

mabudonicus
02-23-2007, 03:37 PM
PLEASE don't make this get closed like my Anna Nicole Smith is dead thread-

check this (http://www.canada.com/topics/news/oddities/story.html?id=6e379cf1-9751-4948-9989-5f09e1703721&k=89862)

and please discuss :beard:Isobaws&

And if this sucker gets closed, I gotta pocketful of :ducks: to share :D

InsaneJediGirl
02-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd like my rats extra crispy please

Slicker
02-23-2007, 03:53 PM
I prefer mine on a hard shell with mild sauce.:yes:

mabudonicus
02-23-2007, 03:58 PM
It's quite the piece eh??
I KNEW Slick would be all over this, that kid loves him some Bowls after all :beard:Isobaws&

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't see why this is news? Those rats did nothing to deserve this sort of attention. I bet they're not even on drugs; they just want the attention.

The rat on the far left should've been fixed two litters ago. :mad:

Slicker
02-23-2007, 04:03 PM
So long as they don't put any corn in that bowl with the rat I'm good.

You put corn in there and it's instantly contaminated.:whip:

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Video.... (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/localnews;_ylt=AgXzO00S3rpABRxZFliM1WRH2ocA?ch=952 695&cl=1947111&lang=en','playerWindow','width=792,height=666,scro llbars=no)

:eek:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
In related news, Arby's representatives went over to the KFC/Taco Bell in Greenwich Village and walked out with a cageful of the critters. When approached why, the folks from Arby's said, "after Barbaro went down, we just haven't had any good news until we heard of this story."

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh my, I think I'm going to be sick. I just ate a KFC this afternoon. Those rats were almost big enough to pass as chickens!

Usually at this hour, I am working at the pizzeria, but because my manager failed to get a health code permit, the health department shut us down. It's not because the store was dirty, just no permits. I'm losing money, otherwise I would be out shopping for toys.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Usually at this hour, I am working at the pizzeria, but because my manager failed to get a health code permit, the health department shut us down. It's not because the store was dirty, just no permits. I'm losing money, otherwise I would be out shopping for toys.Things like this are a both a blessing and a curse. It's great to have the time off but then, once you realize you're losing money, it kinda sucks.

You could always go out and sell your body...or at the fluids within it...

bobafrett
02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Things like this are a both a blessing and a curse. It's great to have the time off but then, once you realize you're losing money, it kinda sucks.

You could always go out and sell your body...or at the fluids within it...

Yes, but my girlfriend thinks I'm at work, so she is over visiting with her kids. And I'm kinda sick, so I really don't feel like selling my body through the night.....Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light...... :love:

Rats!

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Awesome, every resteraunt should have a dozen or so.

General_Grievous
02-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Video.... (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/localnews;_ylt=AgXzO00S3rpABRxZFliM1WRH2ocA?ch=952 695&cl=1947111&lang=en','playerWindow','width=792,height=666,scro llbars=no)

:eek:

I love how they started that out by saying "there are disturbing images". They're just animals, people. They don't look disgusting, they just do disgusting things. The male anchor was commenting in the background "Eeww...gross, ew". What a wuss. :p

But is anyone really surprised? New York City is crawling with rats.

JetsAndHeels
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
McGee Hickey...that's an awesome name for that reporter.

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 10:41 PM
If rats weren't filthy disease carrying vermin, they'd be rather cute.

plasticfetish
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I'd like two ratlupas and a large dr. pepper please.

Kidhuman
02-24-2007, 06:58 AM
McGee Hickey...that's an awesome name for that reporter.

I always wanted her to marry someone with the last name McGee when I saw her on the news living there.

Jargo
02-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I remember back in the mid eighties there was a KFC in Liverpool city centre that regularly had complaints from customers about finding deep fried rat or parts of in their buckets. I can honestly say I've never eaten anything from a KFC since. though I found the rats more palletable than the chicken......

2-1B
02-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I worked at a KFC from the age of 16 - 18 and one time I showed up to open (I was a cook) only to find maggots crawling around.

That was a fun day.

bobafrett
02-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I worked at a KFC from the age of 16 - 18 and one time I showed up to open (I was a cook) only to find maggots crawling around.

That was a fun day.

So did you fry them, then serve them as rice?

2-1B
02-25-2007, 02:20 PM
No, they came in on the cabbage truck with the delivery guy (they delivered produce before any of the KFC employees got there) so we put a sign on the front door saying that we were closed for "mechanical reasons" and then just cleaned the heck out of the place.

That was my first time seeing maggots in person, and hopefully the last !

Blue2th
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
KFC's other franchise Taco Bell could use em' for Rat-Rellenos. Or there are many tasty recipies on the internets http://bsornot.whipnet.net/priceless/rat4dinner2.html

2-1B
02-25-2007, 05:47 PM
plus they ate rat burgers in Demoliton Man.

jjreason
02-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Due to experiences I shall not discuss (for fear of not sleeping tonight) I hate damned rats with a passion. Shudder-de-dudder, I don't blame the "wuss" for the gross comments. lol

El Chuxter
02-25-2007, 10:45 PM
My last house had been vacant for several months when we moved in. There was a hella huge rat (like 18 inches long) there. After we discovered it, we had an exterminator come out and lay traps before finishing moving in. We found it in a trap on Christmas Eve, with its leg halfway chewed off in an attempt to escape.

It being three days or so before the exterminator could return, guess who got the honor of putting it out of its misery?

Bugs are one thing. A mammal as big as a cat, pest or not, is another. :dead:

Tycho
02-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Chux, are you sure it wasn't a possum?

Anyway, was there any attempt made to communicate with the rats?

How can you reach a settlement in such a disrespectful situation? How would you like it if a newscaster was pointing a camera at you and saying "eeeew. Gross?"

Instead, I should think that a more amicable approach would be, "Excuse me, Jerry. Might I introduce myself? I'm Tom. How are you doing today? Hanging out at the 'ol KFC? Yeah, me too..."

Tycho
02-26-2007, 02:59 AM
One other thing (please don't ignore my last brilliant post about communicating with animals):

Why does the media hype this thing so bad that it becomes even a Canadian news story?

Restaurants are sold as franchises. Yes, they are expected to maintain the standards set forth by the parent company, but if a KFC in New York has rats, it definitely has nothing to do with the sanitary conditions of a KFC in California.

KFC has uniform standards, but each restaurant has different owners. I'm sure a KFC within 20 miles of the rat infested one is perfectly safe for customers.

The incident at one might injure the reputation of many, but it shouldn't.

That it does however is indicative of how other things happen in society right down to racial profiling. We're all guilty of some prejudice or another. I think the KFC case perfectly illustrates that.

2-1B
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm thinking of Chux clubbing a maimed Master Splinter to death right now...and I find it quite amusing. lol

El Chuxter
02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, just before I bashed its head in, I thought I heard, "I too once had a family, Da---URK!!"