PDA

View Full Version : i got fired

Darth Jax
02-24-2007, 02:04 PM
so i got fired from the job i've had for seven years. of course they waited until the end of the day on friday to let me know, wouldn't want to upset the rest of the staff.

i get to be a statistic and join the ranks of the un-employed.

Luuuuuuke
02-24-2007, 02:43 PM
That sucks man. Were you expecting it?

Then again, I'm not sure that' s much better.

kool-aid killer
02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Thats too bad, Darth Jax. Seven years is a decent amount of time to have worked at a job. Hopefully, youll be able to find something soon.

jjreason
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Right fired or laid off? If they fired you, the match between you and work must not have been very good. With any luck you'll have a new, better job soon. Good luck.

maatu
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
dude i am sorry to hear that. well you will find something better.It sucks right now.But this is coming from someone who lost his in 2001 and didn't think things would get better. they did ..i found a better job.

Blue2th
02-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Don't forget to file for unemployment right away. Though there is usually one week of waiting period, you should be able to collect if the reasons of your firing qualify. It's money coming in if you don't have any.

Darth Jax
02-24-2007, 07:58 PM
fired, laid off, down-sized - it's all semantics for me at this point. i was let go because my employer could no longer afford to pay me.

hopefully in my field i won't be out of work for too long. i've already got a couple of leads to follow up on on monday.

bobafrett
02-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Still I would get down to the unemployment office. I was fired from Wal-Mart 5 years ago. I was off for almost two years before they hired me back. I was able to get some unemployment benefits during that time. I did search, but found it hard to get another job. I did get to bond with my son during that time though, without being finacially stressed.

Kidhuman
02-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, that sucks, sorry to hear it. Good luck job hunting.

Qui-Long Gone
02-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Nothing says strong economy like good workers loosing their jobs....well at least we're winning the war on terror!

check out monsterjobs....great site for job hunting...and hell your tax money paid for the unemployment of others for the past seven years, take Blue's idea to heart ASAP...

CaptainSolo1138
02-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Look on the bright side: Your post count here will soar!

InsaneJediGirl
02-25-2007, 02:15 PM
That stinks Darth Jax but at least you've got some leads. I'm with everyone else, go use some unemployment benefits :)

Tycho
02-26-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this Darth Jax.

Let us know how things are going for you.

JEDIpartner
02-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Nothing says strong economy like good workers loosing their jobs....well at least we're winning the war on terror!

I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

Good luck, man!!!!!

decadentdave
02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I have been laid off twice and fired once. It has sucked every time but when I got fired from my last job it was the best thing for me. I have a job that I am much happier with. A few months of agonizing stress but relieved when I got another job. You will live through it and be able to get on with your life again.

JediTricks
02-26-2007, 06:03 PM
That sucks Jax, sorry to hear it. My sister got fired on Thursday (fired for cause, not laid off, but their claim isn't just) and she's scrambling to get a new job because she has no downtime window since unemployment won't kick in for her for 6 more weeks.

sith_killer_99
02-26-2007, 11:35 PM
she has no downtime window since unemployment won't kick in for her for 6 more weeks.

Six weeks!?!?!

Man, we gotta fix that.:mad:

It seriously takes six weeks for unemployment to kick in!

DarthQuack
02-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Sorry about you losing your job....hopefully you'll land something this week.

Qui-Long Gone
02-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Six weeks!?!?!

Something about that doesn't sound right....I don't mean morally, I mean six weeks doesn't sound like the right number..????

Kidhuman
02-27-2007, 06:57 AM
It usually took about 2-3 weeks, a week waiting period and then a hearing if they protest it could be two weeks out, but you get the back pay on it.

JediTricks
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Six weeks!?!?!

Something about that doesn't sound right....I don't mean morally, I mean six weeks doesn't sound like the right number..????She has an unusual problem where she basically owed them from the last time she lost a job and collected unemployement until she got a new job, so they're deducting what she owes them from this round.