PDA

View Full Version : New TRU exclusives - Y-wing, TIE Interceptor, Geonosis Creatures

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2007, 01:51 PM
RS (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rebelspy_Report_103892.asp) says that TRU will be getting these:
SKN 680513 EX SW 3.75 GOLD Y-WING ($29.99)
SKN 886405 EX SW TIE INTERCEPTOR ($34.99)
SKN 886383 EX SW 3.75 GEONOSIS CREATURES ($59.99)
SKN 879929 SW TFORMER DLX DEATH STAR ($49.99)
SKN 680556 ULTRA DIE-CAST VEH ASST. ($24.99)
and that the AT-AT and X-wing will reship a little bit.

"Gold" Y-wing . . . I assume it'll be a repack of the Target ship from a few years back.

I hope they use the new TIE body for the Interceptor. I wonder if it'll be the red version?

I assume the Geonosis Creatures thing is just the Reek, Acklay, and Nexu repacked, probably with some Geonosian Warriors or something. I really hope it has nothing new as I don't need two sets of these beasts.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey, absolutely nothing I need as it's looking like repacks/repaints. Save more $$! nice! :thumbsup:

Slicker
02-25-2007, 02:38 PM
I assume the Geonosis Creatures thing is just the Reek, Acklay, and Nexu repacked, probably with some Geonosian Warriors or something. I really hope it has nothing new as I don't need two sets of these beasts.If so, then that'd be really sweet if it's in a window box. That's make for an awesome display piece.

General_Grievous
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but for $60? That doesn't make sense. The Reek and Acklay went for about $15 each back in 2002, and the Nexu was a deluxe figure, so that was about $10. The most that the Geonosis set should be is $40. Sixty bucks is outrageous.

Slicker
02-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sure they'd throw in some Genosians. They've probably got tons just lying around.

jjreason
02-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Toss those 3 and a few figures into a window box the size of the Dagobah X-Wing, and Slick's right - that would look beautiful! Just watch, they'll go and toss in a new Geonosian Piccador with that creature (the orray, was it?) that pulls their chariot - that would pretty much sell me on the set.

The Y-wing is only going to get my money IF they include a beautiful new Gold Leader fig - I've got both the other Y-Wings sitting here, and the pack-in figures were awful.

OC47150
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
If it's a re-release of previous Y-wings, I hope this one's landing struts work properly. :cross-eye

The last one is horrible. I have a plastic tool chest propped underneath it to keep the fighter up.

jjreason
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
That would be a nice improvement. On both of mine the mechanism works fine, but the gear won't support the weight of the ship, and thus slips.... with any luck they will work that out. A re-tooled 2-man cockpit would also tidy up this ship a great deal.

OC47150
02-25-2007, 03:58 PM
A slot to fit in an R2 droid would be even better. :yes:

Rogue II
02-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Looks like I'll get the Y-Wing. I skipped the previous releases.

Snowtrooper
02-25-2007, 04:25 PM
The only thing I'm remotely interested in is the Y-wing. The rest I'll probably pass on. The Geonosis Creature set would need some very impressive packaging to get me to shell out $60 for creatures I already have. Not likely to happen.

General_Grievous
02-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Toss those 3 and a few figures into a window box the size of the Dagobah X-Wing, and Slick's right - that would look beautiful!
That would look nice, but they wouldn't all fit into a box that size. The acklay itself is pretty big.

LTBasker
02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I definitely want to pick up the Y-wing and TIE, I've missed all the previous releases but hopefully with less stuff to buy this year it'll be possible. Same goes with the AT-AT but I doubt my TRU is gonna get any.

Hopefully the Y-wing has a more uniform look than the Target version did, that one was more of a representation of what the ship probably looked like when the Alliance acquired it. :p

I think Hasbro mentioned in a Q&A that if they ever did the Interceptor again that it would have the corrected backing.

The Geonosis creatures set I imagine will probably be the three creatures, Obi, Anakin, Padme (maybe a retooled Droid Factory Padme?), pillars from the playset and maybe some Geonosians. I wonder if they'll include that sonic cannon that was supposed to come with the playset as well since people have asked for it?

pegger
02-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I love Y-Wings...A nice new pilot pack-in would be nice...even nicer would be a droid slot (but that's not gonna happen)

The TIE better have the new cockpit...or else it's a waste.

Not that it matters - they won't show up in Canada anyways....:mad:

El Chuxter
02-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Re-releases of the AT-AT and Dagobah X-Wing, but not Hunt for Grievous?

That sucks.

I can still find that stupid X-Wing. I've never seen Hunt for Grievous, and it's the only TRU exclusive of 2006 that I actually wanted. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Re-releases of the AT-AT and Dagobah X-Wing, but not Hunt for Grievous?

That sucks.

I can still find that stupid X-Wing. I've never seen Hunt for Grievous, and it's the only TRU exclusive of 2006 that I actually wanted. :(
It was on toysrus.com for quite a long time, which is where I got mine. They're usually pretty good about having their exclusives in stock on the site.

I could see them adding Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padmé to the Geonosis creatures, and maybe those pillars, as someone said. I really hope that, if it includes the three beasts, it doesn't have anything else new.

Dark Marble
02-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I would really like another crack at the AT-AT. But I am hoping not to break the bank this year...but I said that last year.

bigbarada
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I'll buy the Y-Wing as long as it has an empty droid slot and the actual movie paint deco. I can cram Dutch Vander into the cockpit, there is no need for a pack in figure.

If the TIE Interceptor has the new cockpit, then I'll buy it. However, if it's molded in red plastic, then forget it.

Kidhuman
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I am only interested in the Y-wing and possibly the Geo set as I didnt get the beasts the first time around.

tagmac
02-26-2007, 01:29 AM
More stuff for me to skip. I just don't have the room anymore for doubles and triples of things I already have.

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 10:18 AM
as far as Geonosis, I missd out on the Reek but might get this set if they made it worth my while. perhaps add the execution cart and creature as well as new versions of Padem, Obi and Anakin, a few pillars and some new Geonosians, and the sonic canon.

If they re-make the Y-Wing and fix the problems with the old design (ie bad landing gear) and give us a new pilot like they did with the Snowspeeder then maybe.

mtriv73
02-26-2007, 05:11 PM
The Y-wing is up for pre-order on toysrus.com with a street date of 06/15/2007

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2575231&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=y-wing&kw=y-wing&parentPage=search

Rogue II
02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
The Y-wing is up for pre-order on toysrus.com with a street date of 06/15/2007

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2575231&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=y-wing&kw=y-wing&parentPage=search

But there is no picture yet. I'm not buying it without seeing it first.

TheDarthVader
02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
I will be getting that interceptor as i have been waiting for this rerelease for a long time. If it is different (as long as not red) all the better!

I will have to see the y-wing and pilot before I get it, but I am 80% sure I will end up with it.

Banthaholic
02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
I have high hopes for the geonosis arena pack. While I own all three beasts and really don't need a second set, if they could bundle in the geonosis cannon, the orray and Geonosian picador, or the Orray with sled would be awesome. As far as I'm concerned the above mentioned three are must haves for the arena, and I'd be content spending $60 to have them.

Jargo
02-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Take a box half the height of the shuttle box. give it a window. shove the acklay, reek and nexu in with Mace and Obi-Wan figures. shove that geonosis playset pillar in with a Padme figure. three critical moments of the arena battle in one box. like a 3D montage.
I doubt hasbro would create the Orray just for this set. cause it'll be part of the legends assortment most likely. even if it is an exclusive.

Thank god there's so much to pass on this year.

Phantom-like Menace
03-01-2007, 06:27 AM
and that the AT-AT and X-wing will reship a little bit.

It would be awesome to get another crack at the AT-AT. I got one but wanted another. I'm kind of interested in the Interceptor because I never got the old one.

Darth Cruel
03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
I enjoy the re-paints. I like the way the different versions look next to each other, and I think it would add to a diorama of the hangars, both Rebel AND Imperial. I am looking forward to ALL of the new stuff. I hope they do mold the T.I.E Interceptor with the new cockpit and I would also like to see it in both normal AND red versions.

DarkArtist
03-01-2007, 03:42 PM
even though it would be considered EU, I would like to see the TIE Inteceptor with the 181st color scheme and exclusive Baron Sooniter Fel.

Jargo
03-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I still think it would be cool to get a Y-wing with the hull plates intact as in the incredible cross sections book illustration. make em clip on panels so you have two choices as to how to display it, plus it adds a little more playability into the vehicle.

And please for the love of baby cheeses, get the landing gear on the Y-wing fixed so it doesn't collapse.

LTBasker
03-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Well this would seem to be a good sign for the Arena set...

From Thejawa's Q&A-
1. Can we expect to see the Acklay repacked anytime soon?

There is a good chance, yes.

From Yakface's Q&A-
1) Would you consider some sort of "Padme Amidala Collection" of 2-packs like the Leia ones? But maybe making them a more limited run/exclusives to avoid an issue of them not selling well? If so, and you included good pack-ins, here are some potential ideas:

- TPM "Chinese outfit" Padme w/ retooled TPM Palpatine or retooled
Panaka
- AOTC Fireside Padme w/ AOTC Evolutions Anakin
- AOTC Super Articulated Arena Padme w/ AOTC Clone Trooper (from when they fall out of the Gunship)
- ROTS "Leia hair buns" Padme w/ ROTS Evolutions Anakin

Answer: That is certainly an interesting idea for a future Padme line and a "bookend" to the Leia collection. While we don't have that specific idea in mind, at least one of those figures will be coming to the shelf this year. Thanks for the suggestion.

(Also note they said coming to the SHELF not to the PEGS)

Jargo
03-04-2007, 11:13 AM
ok so Anakin riding the Reek, Obi-Wan fighting the Acklay, Padme on a pillar fighting the Nexu or maybe not on a pillar. place your bets now. place your bets.....

Slicker
03-04-2007, 11:18 AM
But its GOTTA be SA. I love how they made sure to ask that in particular.:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Padme after the fall from the gunship is unconscious, why the hell would they need her to be SA? unless they want to have her do that running in her sleep thing like dogs do.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Are they going to redo the Acklay's legs ? They were suspect on the one from 5 years ago...

Jargo
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Caesar do you really want to believe that they will? rather than just repack it with every expense spared? I reckon they know only mint in box collectors will want this for the most part and therefore the acklay will either be posed with it's legs splayed in a dying position while Obi stands over it looking smug or they'll shove a clear blister under it to support it. The reek will just be stood there with manekin riding it. and the nexu will be wired and tied to the geonosis pillar with the bint atop it. sorry I mean the honourable senator from Naboo. of course manekin could be swapped out for either mace or Jango but with Obi and potato face it would make more sense to use manekin.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
good point...will the Nexu still be electronic or will they strip it of its soul ?

Jargo
03-04-2007, 06:24 PM
that is a question we should ask hasbro. on several sites just to make sure they answer.

waboritas
03-04-2007, 07:20 PM
With this price point, what do you think the chances of them including the Genosis Arena playset with the three beasts in lieu of Anakin, Obi Wan and Padme action figures? It is a stretch, but that would be something I would certainly consider buying as waited too long for it to go on clearance in 2003 and missed it.

Jargo
03-04-2007, 07:53 PM
how much was the playset when it was on the shelves? forgive me if i sound a bit brash in this thread. don't mean to. but as we've seen with every repacked set hasbro adds in as little as possible relying more on the presentation and printed semi diorama packaging to sell the toys. I would be very surprised if there were actually three figures in with the beasts. I think Padme to compliment the Nexu which is small will come with one of the pillars from the playset maybe. but i would highly doubt the inclusion of a big playset with three beasts.
I think the high price is just reflecting the rise in prices across the board of toys. And this is an exclusive and they always cost stupid money. Mostly because exclusives are made in smaller numbers than regular toys. usually. And the smaller the production run on something the more it costs to manufacture.

if you think about it though, hasbro is doing bigger accessories this year. and if they're doing a geonosis wave to coincide with this boxed set which would have SA Padme in it. they could in theory make a geonosin picador with Orray. It's a very small beast and the articulation on the recent Sun Fac figure is a good starting point for the rider. if they can get a chunk of cantina bar or a moisture vaporator in a blister bubble then they can certainly fit an Orray. Just a thought that's all.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I can't pass up on the Y-wing and the TIE Interceptor this time.

DarkArtist
03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I can't pass up on the Y-wing and the TIE Interceptor this time.

I have both the original Kenner Y-Wing and the Saga Y-Wing so unless they really re-do the ship and give us a great pilot figure - not just a re-pack of the red leader figure then I might get one. what would be really cool is since we are getting a Holiday Special Boba Fett if they gave us a Holiday edition of the Y-Wing with the detachable cockpit.

as far as the Interceptor, if it is just a re-release then I would pass. If they give us a new version with a new pilot ( see earlier posts about the 181st) then I'll have to bite.

JEDIpartner
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I understand where you are coming from on this. For those of us who missed out on those for financial reasons and whatnot are glad to see them, though!! :)

Jargo
03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
aside from maybe different paint apps the y-wing will most likely be exactly the same as the saga release and the POTF2 release. same wonky landing gear same sculpt same molded on droid body. it is after all the year of the legends line which is just an excuse to repack stuff. it would cost a small fortune to change the y-wing sculpt in any way. but cheap enough to change the paint apps. it'll use the saga paint apps design with the POTF2 colour scheme as it's gold squadron. look at the epIII jedi starfighters and how the paint apps were re-used on those.
they could change the plastic colours. shove an R5 droid head on it. but that's again merely cosmetic.
A straight repack saves money but yields good returns as the mold already exists so there's little outlay for hasbro besides the box it's packaged in.

Dark Marble
03-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I have seen the Dagobah X-Wing at TRU recently, but has anyone seen the Endor AT-AT lately or evidence stores are getting them? I would really like to get a hold of one.

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
My local TRU has a couple of the AT-ATs in again. I am really hoping to get one before they are gone again.

Phantom-like Menace
03-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I have seen the Dagobah X-Wing at TRU recently, but has anyone seen the Endor AT-AT lately or evidence stores are getting them? I would really like to get a hold of one.

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to get another AT-AT, but on the shelves at TRU sit four or so X-Wings, unbudging, possibly never moving in the future.

evenflow
03-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I was just at TRU todaya nd they had an endcap full of At-Ats.

Phantom-like Menace
03-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Well, I've just made it a moot point whether or not my TRU ever gets more AT-ATs. The TRU website has them, and at least right now they have a deal where you save $5.00 if you spend at least $20, so the walker is instantly discounted. After all is said and done it should come to me for only about $5.00 more than if I had gone to it.

So, Dark Marble, you should hopefully be able to snag one off the website if you desired.

pbarnard
03-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Well, I've just made it a moot point whether or not my TRU ever gets more AT-ATs. The TRU website has them, and at least right now they have a deal where you save $5.00 if you spend at least $20, so the walker is instantly discounted. After all is said and done it should come to me for only about $5.00 more than if I had gone to it.

So, Dark Marble, you should hopefully be able to snag one off the website if you desired.

And TRU's website accepts Google Checkout which gives you $10 off your first purchase.

Dark Marble
03-20-2007, 12:02 PM

And it is so, I picked one up last night. I am also going to sell one of my old POTF2 AT-AT's to Brian's Toys to balance out the price. And now TAC should be hitting this weekend, and possible order 66 figs, and new vehicles, and I got a notice that Sideshow Ventress is hitting the warehouse. I am going to be so broke it isn't even funny.

Phantom-like Menace
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Awesome! I'm glad you could grab one. I had completely written off being able to get one after they sold out at the end of last year, so it was a nice surprise to see they were coming out again. Of course, that means I too am spending money I didn't think I was going to have to spend. Oh, well. That means I'm set on AT-ATs for the forseeable . . . well, ever really.

OC47150
03-21-2007, 08:16 AM
I've seen the Dago X-wings back in the stores already.

Saw pix of the bantha set, too. It's nice but is it worth the price? I don't know.

mtriv73
07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Here's a picture of the new Elite TIE interceptor boxed courtesy of someone who probably ripped one off from a factory and is selling it on E-bay for 3 times what you'll pay here in 2 weeks...

pegger
07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I've read 1 report from someone finding it in Buffalo...

Jargo
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
the Y-wing pics look cool. but then painted prototypes mostly do. once you get the product you find the fantastic paint job you saw has been cut back to the usual overwash and wipe off. or it's spray painted so badly it's like a bored robot went at it.
the R5 unit is cool though. Even if it is a made up droid. thugh with a little repainting to make the red markings yellow it could quite easily pass for the R5 unit aboard the royal starship in TPM

like the new nose guns, same as the vintage version. and the pilot isn't bad. a damn sight better than the previous two y-wing pilot pack ins. also getting a droid as well as the attached droid head is a cool move. and yes it's working as a ploy to make old stuff look more appealing. I'm almost convinced to buy it. once i see how the paint apps turn out it'll be the deciding factor.

Old Fossil
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
the Y-wing pics look cool. but then painted prototypes mostly do. once you get the product you find the fantastic paint job you saw has been cut back to the usual overwash and wipe off. or it's spray painted so badly it's like a bored robot went at it.
the R5 unit is cool though. Even if it is a made up droid. thugh with a little repainting to make the red markings yellow it could quite easily pass for the R5 unit aboard the royal starship in TPM

like the new nose guns, same as the vintage version. and the pilot isn't bad. a damn sight better than the previous two y-wing pilot pack ins. also getting a droid as well as the attached droid head is a cool move. and yes it's working as a ploy to make old stuff look more appealing. I'm almost convinced to buy it. once i see how the paint apps turn out it'll be the deciding factor.

I love this ship. I can't think of any other vehicle I'd buy in this line. The Y-Wing is going to be my final "major" purchase (items $20 or more are what I consider major) for my collection, that I can forsee. I say that with the near certainty that Hasbro will not make any really new OT ship molds. (I'd buy an Imperial Landing Craft, or a more correctly scaled Falcon or Sandcrawler, in a heartbeat, but we'll never see them, so...)

For me, there's certainly no prequel ship that comes close to the OT appeal of the Y-Wing Fighter, big and clunky and dirty as it is. I like the bigger nose guns, too, and I love the inclusion of the R5 droid, which (despite their apparently poor workmanship) is probably my favorite astromech type. Even the pilot, like you said, is much better than what we've gotten before.

This whole package is so full of OT character that no prequel-era ship or vehicle can touch it, in my book, not even the vaunted AT-TE (for which I have no similar sentimentality towards) or the ARC-170 (a huge peculiar ship with a flamingo-nose that looks better in a making-of SW book than in literal plastic). The Y-Wing is a galumphing, antiquated beast of a ship in our current sleek SW universe of Solar Sailers, Royal Starships, and V-Wing fighters, and that's why I love it so much.

I only hope they get the landing gear problem fixed this time around!!!:mad:

OC47150
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I have the previous two Y-wings. Don't know if I will get the latest one.

I really like the new TIE.

Jargo
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
of course what would be really cool is hasbro packing in a set of spare nose guns with the Y-wing so you could modify the other versions and make them as accurate in that respect. It was a majot disappointment whe they had to change the nose guns to those stubby things the last two times.

pbarnard
07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
The good news is that it seems they finally got the laser cannon length issue resolved with this release. Hopefully the bomb will be included (wasn't in the OTC version or at least mine was picked out and Hasbro wouldn't send a replacement or even offer me to pay for it), and the pilot is at least semi-original.

It is possible to modify the nose guns, I've done it.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/Star%20Wars%20Custom%20Vehicles/?action=view&current=otcywinggun_1.jpg
Did it with Bonda Poba POTF2 rifles.

The only thing really lacking is a working astromech slot like the TRU X-wings have had.

Old Fossil
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
The good news is that it seems they finally got the laser cannon length issue resolved with this release. Hopefully the bomb will be included (wasn't in the OTC version or at least mine was picked out and Hasbro wouldn't send a replacement or even offer me to pay for it), and the pilot is at least semi-original.

It is possible to modify the nose guns, I've done it.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/Star%20Wars%20Custom%20Vehicles/?action=view&current=otcywinggun_1.jpg
Did it with Bonda Poba POTF2 rifles.

The only thing really lacking is a working astromech slot like the TRU X-wings have had.

Man, I love them shiny TIE's!!!:yes:

Kidhuman
07-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Boxed photo of the Y-wing:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24284&cat=5361

Looks pretty nice

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I wonder why they named R5-F7 on the package but not Lt. Lepira?

Jargo
07-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I wonder why they still haven't released access ladders for these ships yet.

El Chuxter
08-02-2007, 01:11 AM
I wonder why they named R5-F7 on the package but not Lt. Lepira?

Because his name is really Lanny Mulletman.

Duh.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2007, 12:11 AM
My TIE Interceptor arrived today. Looks all right. I briefly took it out of the box to put the wings on. I was able to get it back into the box pretty much the way it was fairly easily. I have the POTJ Interceptor, but never opened that one. The pilot figure seems okay. Looks like a Saga repaint. From the front, it doesn't look great. It looks like a reverse panda. Upon closer examination, I can see the red stripes on his arms and legs, so I imagine it will look better when I take him out of the package.

Nighthawk
08-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Boxed photo of the Y-wing:

Looks pretty nice

I'd love to see how well the pilot fits in. I remember my old Y-Wing, the glass in the canopy was so thick that the pilot doesn't fit in there right. He looks straight up at the ceiling. Kinda the same with the Xwings too. I really wish they made the cockpits just a little bigger so the figures look more realistic in them. Other than that, I love the Y-Wing. Here's hoping it shows up in Canada soon.

Kidhuman
08-21-2007, 01:17 AM
I know the Y-wing is on TRU.com I dont know if they ship to Canada. As my TRU is 50 miles away, I will be ordering it there along with the exclusive GH sets.

pegger
08-21-2007, 08:34 AM
The word from people in the know is that TRU Canada will be getting the Y Wing.

Nighthawk
08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
That's what I'm hearing too. Hopefully I don't miss it though. Too bad TRU.com doesn't ship to Canada though.

OC47150
08-21-2007, 08:02 PM
One fella had the new Y-wing at my local club meeting over the weekend. The pilot's head had two bald spots. And the hair was classic 70's mullet!!

As someone said, give that figure a white suit and it could be Denny Terio!!! :laugh:

Old Fossil
08-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Ordered the Y-Wing tonight using the wife's Visa card. God, I love that

ship.:love:

Old Fossil
08-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Got the Y-Wing today via USPS. Aside from the fact that there was ZERO packing material included, this was probably one of the best purchases I (or, technically, my wife) have ever made.

The detail is outstanding, on the ship, pilot, and R5 droid. The dark cockpit windows and the longer nose guns add tremendously to the overall effect. The ship has a dirty "wash," but there are what look to have been faint white stripes down the top of the canopy, making it look like an earlier, faded paintjob. I don't remember that detail being on the Target Y-Wing. The engine nacelles, if that's the right word, are held in place with the extra addition of the clear bands we're used to, and I think I'm going to leave them there for added sturdiness. It is a very sturdy ship. I don't see any hint of sagging landing gear yet, but that may be inevitable with time sitting on a shelf.

All in all, this ship/set is tremendous bang for your buck. I would have paid $30 just for the ship alone, but to get two excellent figures with it for that price is something almost unheard-of for SW exclusives these days. I can't imagine this thing sitting on a store shelf long enough to make it to clearance... buy it when you see it.:thumbsup:

waboritas
08-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Anyone seen these at retail yet? My wife and I have to go to get diapers for the baby and there are 15% off coupons this week. Going to NH so we won't pay tax either. Going to pick up the Bantha set and if they don't have either of these, will probably get the Dagobah X Wing.

jjreason
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
First Canadian finds of the TRU Y-Wing were reported yesterday from Vancouver. $39.99 CDN for the ship with figures.

pegger
08-29-2007, 10:18 AM
First Canadian finds of the TRU Y-Wing were reported yesterday from Vancouver. $39.99 CDN for the ship with figures.

I'm heading to TRU today to check it out JJ. I will let you know if they are there or not...

Darkross
08-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Do you have the SKU# and Item # for Canada stores?

Old Fossil
08-29-2007, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=OC47150;566662] The pilot's head had two bald spots.
[QUOTE]

Really? Mine has no bald spots. I wonder if his was a paint app error?

jedi master sal
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I got this for my birthday yesterday at my local TRU. It's out there. Just not in high quantities. Call ahead to the stores. If they have it in stock, they'll hold one for you, so long as you can pick it up same day (some store might let you slide for another day or two).

I love this set. Excellent value. Two figs, and a ship for $30. Regardless if most of it is rehashed or repainted, it's new enough.

-Sal

El Chuxter
08-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I love this set. Excellent value. Two figs, and a ship for $30.

Does it come with empties? And a lawn chair for Lanny to kick back in and make lewd remarks at women walking through the Rebel base?

jedi master sal
08-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Does it come with empties? And a lawn chair for Lanny to kick back in and make lewd remarks at women walking through the Rebel base?

No but it does come with blocks to put your Y-wing up on, and a hitch...

Sinscia Fat'o
08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
I really cant wait to get this thing, i dont buy ships anymore since i dont have room for anymore of them in my collection, but after seeing the Y-Wing, and finding my vintage one, i had to purchase it.

Thunderbird
08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Anyone seen these at retail yet? My wife and I have to go to get diapers for the baby and there are 15% off coupons this week. Going to NH so we won't pay tax either. Going to pick up the Bantha set and if they don't have either of these, will probably get the Dagobah X Wing.

I found the Y-wing and Tie Intercepter on Saturday. I also saw one in LA yesterday, it was up high so I'm not sure alot of people saw it.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-30-2007, 02:01 AM
My Y-Wing arrived today. Looks fine, and great that it comes with two decent figures. I have the OTC version, but not the POTF2 or Vintage one, so it's nice to get one in this color scheme

Bosskman
08-30-2007, 05:36 AM
My TRU has none yet, but just got a huge bunch of endor AT-ATs. I hope were not getting thise instead.

TheDarthVader
08-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Could someone buy me one at TRU and ship it to me? I ordered one online but now I want another one. Are they less in the store? The site shows $29.99...did someone say that they bought one for $24.99? I don't have a TRU anymore because mine closed down. :(

pegger
08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
My TRU has none yet, but just got a huge bunch of endor AT-ATs. I hope were not getting thise instead.

Dude - You live in Nova Scotia. Give it some time. Haven't even shown up in Ontario yet...

(I understand tho....My TRU got like 30 AT-ATs for some stupid reason)

jedi master sal
08-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Dude - You live in Nova Scotia. Give it some time. Haven't even shown up in Ontario yet...

(I understand tho....My TRU got like 30 AT-ATs for some stupid reason)

DUDES, you live in Canada, that explains it enough...heh heh J/K. Okay maybe because it snows more there? No? Okay just kidding again.

Seriously though, you guys almost always seem to get the short end of the stick.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-30-2007, 08:35 PM
DUDES, you live in Canada, that explains it enough...heh heh J/K. Okay maybe because it snows more there? No? Okay just kidding again.

Seriously though, you guys almost always seem to get the short end of the stick.Sounds like sometimes they don't even see the stick.

pegger
08-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds like sometimes they don't even see the stick.

You jest - but you don't know the trials and tribulations of being a Canadian Completionist...

I think we are JUST above "Crack Wh0re" ....

Sinscia Fat'o
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Got my Y-Wing today, and i was going to keep it boxed up, but when i opened its box the pilot figure was rolling around the box...Ahh my luck. But the y-wing looks great, and R5-47 looks great as well...And from what i can tell of the pilot it looks cool as well. Though i love the wash over the ship it makes it look awesome and very realstic.

DarkJedi5
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Got my Interceptor yesterday and my Y-Wing today. Gotta say that the TIE is very very cool and the Y-Wing is no slouch either. The figs that come with them are pretty cool as well especially the 181st TIE pilot and the R5. Gotta find them for yourself if you can!

stad
09-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Could someone buy me one at TRU and ship it to me? I ordered one online but now I want another one. Are they less in the store? The site shows $29.99...did someone say that they bought one for $24.99? I don't have a TRU anymore because mine closed down. :(

They are 29.99 in the store as well. There was a $5 off $25 purchase coupon that was good until Aug. 29th that they probably used.