PDA

View Full Version : Important News about Waves 8-10, TAC at WAL-MART!

Tycho
02-26-2007, 01:31 AM
My collecting team has made a few friends in high places, including someone promoted to a regional position inside of Wal-Mart's army.

There are 3 currently operating SKUs at Wal-Mart for Star Wars figures.

ALL WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MAY:

Saga2 (Basic line in their computers - meaning more shipments of waves 8 & 9 until MAY!)

Wave 10 (Wal-Mart exclusive wave) - will be stocked in greater quantities after the post-inventory reset and be ordered and replenished until MAY.

TAC - has been ordered. Will get stocked when delivered. The obvious different card design and figure assortment will compliment the end of Saga and is listed as CONTINUOUS - so it will be ordered and stocked ASAP and beyond MAY.

The conclusion: Waves 8-10 will not be rare enough to resort to eBay and e-tailers and hire Indiana Jones to search for them. They'll be more plentiful in perhaps March or April. They will NOT cease to ship when the TAC appears.

I don't know if Wal-Mart has 6-8 pegs for Star Wars now, if that will increase any (I doubt it), but likely half will be Saga2 and half will be TAC until May when whatever's left of Saga2 then, will either be clearanced out or won't be replenished and all the pegs go TAC.

This has nothing to do with Hasbro. It is how Wal-Mart is handling what they ordered.

Sit tight and don't panic - yet.

Darth Cruel
02-26-2007, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the reaffirmation, Tycho! This is what I have expected since late last year when one of the Q & A's with Hasbro brought out information about the overlap. Then the information got muddled with the delay of TAC. Nice to see the overlap is still going to happen. I also got a little support for my theory when I learned that EE has case assortments of wave 9 up to revision 6. Those will take longer than a week or two to get through.

Nice to have people who can get some insightful info! Thanks again!

Kidhuman
02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
We shall see Tycho, thats all I have to say about it.

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 09:10 AM
well this is good news if it is true since I have yet to even find a complete set of either Wave 8 , 9 or the Walmart Wave. It's going to be interesting to see how the stores pull this off with both the Saga and TAC waves hitting the pegs. Will they be the same price point and on different pegs or will it be two different prices and two seperate isles ?

Tycho
02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
The planograms for Transformers (on the pegs) currently look sort of like this:

Cybertron...........Classics

That's Hasbro

I think Star Wars may resemble:

Saga2............TAC
Saga2............TAC
Saga2............TAC

With the Wal-Mart wave being included and stocked with the Saga2s since they look like them, but having it be a different sku (leaving something for the employees to bungle - or for Hasbro to handle at their distribution (to Wal-Mart) level.

But in the meanwhile, any of you who are not done with Saga2 (myself included) rejoice for every week TAC does NOT ship, because I think its delay allows for 3 more pegs of Saga2 to not all be congested with C-3PO, Jerjerrod, Lushros, Mustafar Padme, a generic Wookiee and the likes, but to stock and sell figures that will move. Eventually Shirtless Kit, Holo Obi-Wan, Arena Padme, and Yareal Poof would become my predictions for the new pegwarmers. But Hasbro may yet try and force the system to handle any of their old cases or revisions from Carkoon, Hoth, Geonosis, Coruscant, Tatooine, Endor, or Naboo - or they're still sitting in your local retailer's regional warehouse still waiting to annoy you.