PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Countdown - 100 Days To G0!

GNT
02-04-2002, 10:56 PM
In 100 days the 2nd Star Wars movie,Attack Of The Clones will be out in cinemas around the globe.

By the time it comes out,We'd probably have all the figures and that :)

Where well you be seeing it?Who with?Going in a costume?

Let us know

Thoughts?

This post is to deal with that :)This post is to deal with the 100 days to go mark and nothing else unlike a certain person thinks.... :Pirate:

Rollo Tomassi
02-05-2002, 06:03 AM
Yeah, 100 days is cool.

1000 posts is cool, too.;) :D

Australia is cool.

France isn't cool.

At night the temperature gets cool.

No matter what people tell you, Chia Pets aren't cool.

If I could be in Episode III, that'd be cool.

I get to see AOTC the night before. That's Cool.

If the movie sucks, that won't be cool.

:cool: <------- Cool.

2-1B
02-05-2002, 06:11 AM
Less than 100 to go now . . .

JetsAndHeels
02-05-2002, 08:52 AM
Less than 100 days, so that means two things:
1. We have come a long way and are very close now
2. Time will drag by slower and slower until May 16th

Heck, if I can make it to April for the toys May will not be a problem. Sure I had some reservations about them at first, but now that I see them online I want to go get em now!!
Come on April!!

evenflow
02-05-2002, 10:02 AM
It is getting close. I realy wish we could get the figures sooner though.

SithDroid
02-05-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm excited. I'll be more excited when the toys come out. There is just something about seeing the action figures that makes you want to go see the movie right away and makes it harder to wait. Thankfully we get the sneak preview figures, then the regual release figures, and then Spiderman will hold me over till AOTC. Can't wait.

InsaneJediGirl
02-05-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm excited too!I cant wait until the advance tickets go on
sale,I hope I get one for the midnight showing,if not
I'll have to settle for the first showing in the morning:D

Who am I going with?-Hmmm..My dad,it'll be a geek outing:happy: (No offense to you guys!)

General Veers
02-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Man I can't wait!:D I'll be seeing the midnight with my brother for sure!:)

GNT
02-06-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Australia is cool.

I know ;) and we will get the figures before the "0" day mark for the record :)

Co Jo-Da
02-06-2002, 01:18 AM
"So the gathering is near, time has almost caught us my friends."

Man, I am getting really excited about 'Attack of the Clones' and I can't wait to be in line for my tickets...

Wolfwood319
02-06-2002, 01:25 AM
Uhhhh....

I think I'm going to see a midnight showing with my posse at the local googleplex here in the NW burbs. Then that weekend I'm seeing it with my girlfriend. Thanks to technology, we don't have to wait in line, I'll get my tickets at Fandango.com.

I don't do the dress up thing for movies, now anime conventions, that's another story....

Is it coming out on a Wednesday or a Friday?

2-1B
02-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319

The answer is C) Thursday :D

Everyone keeps saying May 16th, which is a Thursday. I like that better than a Wednesday release date.

GNT
02-06-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319

Who cares as long as it comes out in 99 days :)

Co Jo-Da
02-06-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

The answer is C) Thursday :D

Everyone keeps saying May 16th, which is a Thursday. I like that better than a Wednesday release date.

Does anyone know when the tickets will go on sale? 3 Days, 7 Days, 10 Days before opening, I don't want to wait in line to long... :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
02-06-2002, 11:58 AM
That depends on how your local theater handles advance ticket sales. Here in Durham they allow 2 day advance, but a theatre about 30 miles up the road allows 5 days. You also have to consider which theaters will be doing a midnight show on May 16th.

2-1B
02-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
You also have to consider which theaters will be doing a midnight show on May 16th.

Very true. For TPM we waited in line for advance tix at a theater that was not doing the midnight show. We got tix for the first two showings, but a week later when the film came out another local theater (one that did not have advance sales) decided to have a midnight showing. So we saw it there first (waited in line since 1pm) and then the next day we used our "advance" tickets.

Crazy :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

98 days . . .

JetsAndHeels
02-06-2002, 02:19 PM
Here we were able to get tickets for a midnight showing at 12pm on the day before (Tues, May 18). In order to get those tickets, I had to wait 16 hrs (from 8pm Mon to 12pm Tues) in line with all the other fans. What a great experience (I am not being sarcastic; I had a blast).
So this time the movie is being released on a Thursday. I guess if things are done the same here as in 99, I will have to go wait on Tues night to get tickets to the midnight showing.
Either way, I am looking forward to doing this all over again.
By the way, cute dog Caesar!!

Co Jo-Da
02-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Well here in the Great Pacific NorthWest, my town had two theaters showing the The Phantom Menace and tickets went on sale 7 days before the movie opened. But Attack of the Clones is opening with the new digital projectors and I'm not sure if both (I know one is but not sure of the other) theaters are upgrading, they should...

jlw
02-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Weds May 15th is my birthday, at our work you get your birthday off; but you can choose any workday 2wks before or 2wks after your actual birthday. So I am taking off Thurs May 16th for my birthday, and Friday May 17th as a vacation day. I plan on being at the closest theatre showing AOTC at midnight May 16th. I will probably be waiting in line on Weds, but that will be OK!!

2-1B
02-07-2002, 02:06 AM
By the way, cute dog Caesar!!

Thanks! His name is Caesar (I borrowed it from him for my alias - insert Son of Sam reference here :crazed: ), a white boxer with one blue eye and deaf since birth.

97 days . . .

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-07-2002, 07:42 AM
This is my Star Wars tradition. I always attend the first showing of each new SW flick with my parents. Isn't that sweet :D !!!

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey Caesar,
When I waited for EP1 in 99, alot of the people in line with me had brought their dogs.
Any chance Caesar will get a spot in line this May?:crazed:

GNT
02-09-2002, 12:57 AM
When I waited for EP1 in 99, alot of the people in line with me had brought their dogs.

Would those people have to buy tickets for there dogs?

Co Jo-Da
02-09-2002, 01:44 AM
Forget tickets, I just hope they had POOPER SCOOPERS...

Obi-Don
02-09-2002, 03:24 AM
I don't think I will be there at the midnight showing,but I will go when I can take my whole family. We all love Star Wars,but they don't love it like I do.

Jon
02-10-2002, 02:53 PM
I have to wait until Friday, too many kids and no babysitters for weeknights.