PDA

View Full Version : The Black Donnellys

General_Grievous
02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm about ten minutes into this show and I'm getting bored. After movies like "The Departed" and "The Boondock Saints", it's got kind of a been-there, done-that kind of feel to it. The fact that they over-played ads for it didn't help. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I'm not liking it. I watch enough TV already.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
It doesn't interest me at all. It's on in place of Studio 60, which I think is a pretty good show. At least without that on tonight, I got a bit of a break from TV.

mabudonicus
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
I would watch it, living in the area where it went down (basically) it would be kinda fun to see the "time machine" version. I have read quite a bit about the family (heck some of them live nearby, I have met descendants at least) but from what I understand, much of it is HIGHLY fictionalized to the point of absurdity- I would hope this series is trying to correct some of that, but it would be less exciting...
Anyways, too bad it sounds kinda stinky :beard:Isobaws&

El Chuxter
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Tanya Donnelly was pretty hot. Whatever happened to her?

JEDIpartner
02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
The show lost me from the first advert they ran.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Tanya Donnelly was pretty hot. Whatever happened to her?
Looks as if Tanya Donelly released an album in October called This Hungry Life.

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I just got around to watching the first episode yesterday. I thought it was okay. It was kinda slow at times. However, I really enjoyed the ending. I thought it was pretty sweet. I'll give this show a chance.

Kidhuman
03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I agree with UK, decent show, great ending. Given the fact that I grew up near there the show does hold some interest to me. I will watch a few episodes. Even the writes up I saw on it said the show was slow but be prepared for a shocking ending. I will watch week 2.

UKWildcat
03-06-2007, 08:26 PM
So what did you all think of last night's episode? I actually thought it was pretty good. I loved the whole disposing of that one guys body; the sledgehammer. Good stuff. :crazed:

That chick is wicked hot too. I really like her.:love:

And what about Zed? He's serious. Rolling around town with an axe. :crazed:

Pretty good and crazy show. I'll definitely keep checking it out. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Keeps getting interesting as it rolls on. I will continue to watch as well.

UKWildcat
03-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I really wish someone would just kill that Jimmy Donnelly. He's obnoxious, out of control and needs to go. I'd love to see Zed take his axe to him. :thumbsup:

Looks like the Donnelly's bought themselves some more time with Zed, down in the basement. That whole sequence was pretty neat, the way it played out.

Sure, I'll continue to watch this show.

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I stopped after episode 2, it is really slow paced for me. If it picked up a bit I might have hung on for a few more shows

UKWildcat
03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Anyone still watching this show?

Last nights episode was alright. Nothing special. The pacing of the show is really starting to get to me. They need to speed things up and deliver a bit more action and etc.

Like I said, I'll continue to watch it I suppose.

UKWildcat
03-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Yea. I'll keep with it though, unless it gets really really bad.

EDIT: How did my last post jump yours kh? or is that just showing on my end? Very odd.

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
More than likely because our times were off with the forums and when we changed the settings it goofed something.

UKWildcat
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Ah Ha! Gotcha.

UKWildcat
04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, The Black Donnellys has been cancelled. I'm kind of glad too, as nothing has really been happening in the show recently and I was looking for a reason to stop watching. Now I have my reason.

Kidhuman
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, not sad to see it go. It was slower than a one legged turtle.

UKWildcat
04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
It wasn't a bad show, I enjoyed it for the most part... but the pacing absolutely killed it.

Btw - great simile kh! lol