PDA

View Full Version : POTF2 Y-wing droid slot

mista_carrot
02-05-2002, 12:00 AM
I'm sure most of you who own the POTF2 Y-wing know that the droid slot is still present albeit covered by the red r2 head. Anyhoo, I was thinking of cutting away the red r2 and was wondering if anyone here has done such an operation and if so, how successful was it?

Emperor Howdy
02-05-2002, 02:12 AM
Carrot......good God whatever you do...DO NOT remove the red R2 head. Yes...I performed the operation......successful? Well, for starters, after removing the head and looking into the hole, I heard a small voice say "What's your pleasure ,sir?".......followed by strand after strand of chains with small hooks on the end flying out and burying into my flesh!! The room turned foggy and cold, and the walls started to open!! Three black, disfigured creatures walked out.....one with nails in his head...a women....and this weird chattering guy..........anyway........as I hung from the chains, the one with the nails said "Well, well...Emperor Howdy wants to play"......"Who are you!!", I shrieked!..........he laughed and answered "Angels to some, demons to others", and began to pull on the chains! Blood oozed from my body, yet I found myself strangely unable to distinguish pain from pleasure..............just as I heard the sound of a drill, I felt a tap on my shoulder! It was a Target employee. I rubbed my eyes, looked at my arms, then back at him. "Huh?", I said. "I said are you going to buy that, sir?", he said smuggly. "I...err....no thank you", I answered. "Then please put that piece back on, put it back in the box, and return it to the shelf, sir"............"Umm....yeah...I...uh....no problem". As sweat poured from my forehead, I put the Y-wing back and walked quickly towards the door with the $16 Amanaman I decided to purchase instead. I got out to my car.....started it, and just sat there with my face in my hands trying to make sense of what had just happened. After what seemed like an eternity, I took a deep breath, took out my Amanaman to look at him, and poorly attempted to forget the whole thing. Finally, the fact that I'd just paid $16 for this mediocre piece seemed to overshadow the frightening event.

Of course, that's when Salacious Crumb started laughing hysterically and Amanaman exclaimed "...AND JESUS WEPT!"......chains flew out from the Hasbro logo and I went black...............

ACPin
02-05-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by mista_carrot
I'm sure most of you who own the POTF2 Y-wing know that the droid slot is still present albeit covered by the red r2 head. Anyhoo, I was thinking of cutting away the red r2 and was wondering if anyone here has done such an operation and if so, how successful was it?
This topic was moved from the POTF2 forum as it is more appropriate to this forum. Now to your question about the droid slot in the POTF2 Y-Wing.

I personally didn't have any reason to do it since I also have the vintage Y-Wing. Unless you intend to put inside the slot one of the older droids or a custom one, you should forget about doing it. The newer droids are way too big for the slot since it's the same size as it was in the vintage one (I tried it before).

Why not just paint over the existing droid head if you need to have a different one?

SplFrcsCWO
02-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Carrot......good God whatever you do...DO NOT remove the red R2 head. Yes...I performed the operation......successful? Well, for starters, after removing the head and looking into the hole, I heard a small voice say "What's your pleasure ,sir?".......followed by strand after strand of chains with small hooks on the end flying out and burying into my flesh!! The room turned foggy and cold, and the walls started to open!! Three black, disfigured creatures walked out.....one with nails in his head...a women....and this weird chattering guy..........anyway........as I hung from the chains, the one with the nails said "Well, well...Emperor Howdy wants to play"......"Who are you!!", I shrieked!..........he laughed and answered "Angels to some, demons to others", and began to pull on the chains! Blood oozed from my body, yet I found myself strangely unable to distinguish pain from pleasure..............just as I heard the sound of a drill, I felt a tap on my shoulder! It was a Target employee. I rubbed my eyes, looked at my arms, then back at him. "Huh?", I said. "I said are you going to buy that, sir?", he said smuggly. "I...err....no thank you", I answered. "Then please put that piece back on, put it back in the box, and return it to the shelf, sir"............"Umm....yeah...I...uh....no problem". As sweat poured from my forehead, I put the Y-wing back and walked quickly towards the door with the $16 Amanaman I decided to purchase instead. I got out to my car.....started it, and just sat there with my face in my hands trying to make sense of what had just happened. After what seemed like an eternity, I took a deep breath, took out my Amanaman to look at him, and poorly attempted to forget the whole thing. Finally, the fact that I'd just paid $16 for this mediocre piece seemed to overshadow the frightening event.

Of course, that's when Salacious Crumb started laughing hysterically and Amanaman exclaimed "...AND JESUS WEPT!"......chains flew out from the Hasbro logo and I went black...............

LOL, sounds like someone just watched Hellraiser.

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Emperor Howdy, yousa weird. :D

Mista_Carrot, if you want seperate Y-wings with different droids, try buying just the main shells of the Y-wings on ebay that are incomplete and don't go for a whole lot and then trying to buy the vintage parts to complete the Y-wing or you could transfer all the removeable parts from the new Y-wing over to the vintage one and repaint it if you don't like the look of the newer parts with the older shell, plus if you're lucky you'll get better sturdier landing gear and even electronics. (I think the vintage Y-wing had electronics but the POTF2 one didn't?)

pthfnder89
02-25-2002, 11:22 AM
That's a really good idea LTBasker. The main bodys for the vintage Ywings go for really cheap on ebay or at toy shows, flea markets etc.

I bought two vintage Ywings a while ago (still dont have a POTF2 :() and the first thing I did was customize a couple of astromechs to fit inside them. I used an old Artoo (since I only have about 30 different ones ;) ) and my R5-D4. You have to chop off a lot of plastic from the sides, as well as the third leg on R5.

I trimmed some off the bottom of the feet also since they seemed a little tall in the socket. The only problem is that I didn't bother to fix all the cuts afterward, so they're pretty much only good for sitting in the Ywings, but I never take them out anyways, so that's no biggie.