PDA

View Full Version : New 30th Anv. Collecting Tin Commemorates Pegwarming Figures

Tycho
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
This just in from Hasbro's press-releases:

Seeing how it is the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars and just past the 10th Anniversary of the modern Power of the Force "2" collection, Hasbro has decided to release figures you just couldn't wait for the stores to get rid of back in 1996.

In this next Commemorative Tin, we have:

Malakali the Rancor Keeper. A fan favorite sweaty bald guy action figure, Malakali comes with a force pike and a $1.98 Clearance Markdown Sticker.

ASP-7 Droid fresh from George Lucas' special edition of A New Hope where he tried to improve a classic movie by adding new CGI characters to the picture that really did little to advance the story, but contributed rather a lot to set back action figure collecting.

Luke Skywalker Dagobah includes his lightsaber and 6 points of articulation like we saw in most figures from the '90's, and he comes with Clearance Sticker and an inability to stand up.

21-B is the real hero of the Classic Star Wars Trilogy and this droid shows it by coming with a medical device that looks like a lethal weapon and a crushed blister that makes him appear like it's been over 3 years since he's still been overstocked.

Han Solo in his Hoth Gear is the perfect addition to round out this set. He wears his hood down and cold weather gear cap in such a manner that he never appeared in the movie. Han comes with his blaster and an open hand that cannot hold it. A clearance sticker is also included.

Look for these exciting products in "The Pegwarming Collection," available for years wherever you buy Star Wars figures.

figrin bran
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
darnit! where's bossk? where's yak face?

where's POTF2 legends?

Tycho
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
darnit! where's bossk? where's yak face?

where's POTF2 legends?

I heard Bossk and YakFace will be contenders to be packaged with Mon Mothma, Chewie Snoova, and Prince Xizor.

Blue2th
02-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Is this for real? Hasbro already said they aren't going to put out deluxe packs again for a while, and they put out this lame stuff? I'd much rather see some beasts, accessories, or clone 3-packs! These will warm the pegs along with "Legends"

El Chuxter
02-28-2007, 12:11 AM
They should've included Saelt Marae and the Neimoidian Warrior.

Also, will there be a regional variation in the Southeast that includes a special $0.50 clearance sticker for Malakili.

Slicker
02-28-2007, 12:13 AM
You almost had me Tycho. As usual with your posts I just browsed it and saw an attachment. I was wonderin' why such pice of carp figures were being redone.

If not for the ASP's Special Edition sticker I may have completely fallen for it.

Tycho
02-28-2007, 12:17 AM
LOL - can you read the label on the tin in my picture?

It's very fine print but it says "Episode 7: The Major Pegwarming Collection."

and in red it says that "With Exclusive Clearance Sale Stickers!"

It took me an hour to Photoshop this one - really small sizes.

Blue2th
02-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Har, har, you got me. Didn't look close enough at the pic.

figrin bran
02-28-2007, 12:34 AM
They should've included Saelt Marae and the Neimoidian Warrior.

Also, will there be a regional variation in the Southeast that includes a special $0.50 clearance sticker for Malakili.

saelt marae??? even after all these years, he's still yak face to me :p

El Chuxter
02-28-2007, 01:12 AM
No, Yak Face is absolutely impossible to get, as they made only twelve and shipped them all to England.

Saelt Marae pegwarmed like crazy.

mabudonicus
02-28-2007, 07:32 AM
I might have to pick this up, looks like the only way I'm ever gonna see 'Deuce at retail again without a roadtrip...

Wonder when the PT box of these is comin out, cos I would love a re-pack of Anakin "outland pegwarmer disguise" :beard: Isobaws&

DarkArtist
02-28-2007, 07:36 AM
If you keep this one going you might find the Episode VIII : The Pegwarming Continues with:

Moff Jerjarred
Mustafar Padme
Princess Leia Boushh
Power Droid
Naboo Solider.

I have to say that even though some of the tins are pegwarming, ie ROTJ, & ANH, yesterday was the first day I spotted a Cantina Band Set on the shevles in Walmart.

joe-da
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Will there be a mail-away offer for just the clearance stickers?

DarkArtist
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
no mail aways for the Value packs of figures that no-one wants and more pegwarming figures like General Riekan.

Tycho
02-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Last night, I couldn't sleep (so no dreams posts today, sorry) So I went to Wal-Mart as I had shopping I had to do anyway (They had the latest Star Wars Legacy Novel that was just released surprisingly - it's been forever since I've seen a Star Wars book at Wal-Mart, let alone it being an adult novel versus the Junior Reader books).

So I did some "merchandising" for them of the Star Wars figures just because I had nothing better to do at 2-5am. (My shopping and screwing around reading "Us Magazine about Britney Spears took up some of the time as well).

Wal-Mart got in pallets and pallets of toys last night - but none were Star Wars or Transformers (the only 2 things I'd be looking for). They DID get Hasbro toys - just not my kind of stuff.

They had 59 figures. If you made that 60, that's computer inventory showing 5 cases in stock. That's about as detailed as their inventory gets.

The figures they did have were mixed from Heroes and Villains, E3 Greatest Battles, and Saga2. The cards all match and appear to be the same product (sure they have different captions - but only a guy like me is going to stand there at 2am and notice). So they all went on any pegs.

I didn't read the labels at the end of the pegs to see if GB, H&V, and Saga2 had different skus. It wouldn't have made a difference anyway. 60 figures is 5 cases basically, no matter who they might be arranged.

There were 8 pegs for SW figures total. 32 of the 59 figures were Lushros Dofine (Saga 2, Wave 4, April-May 2006 - and most have been there since then. They now include dust that is nearly 11 months old!)

There was one H&V Anakin figure and one GBE3 Obi-Wan figure. They must have been stashed or returned, as there was no case with Bacara or even R2D2 shipped. Why would there be? The computer says they have 5 cases in stock.

There were 8 Moff Jerjerrod figures. (Saga2 Wave 6, July-Aug, 2006)

There were 8 Darth Vader figures (Bespin mode, Saga2, Wave 5, June 2006)

There were 5 Padme Mustafar figures (she's not qualified for pegwarming status at my store as of yet)

There were 4 Hologram Ki-Adi Mundi figures.

There were (0) C-3PO figures, amazingly.

They really need a "Buy one SW figure, get 2 Lushros Dofine figures Free!" sale.

I find it hard to believe the product will move anywhere otherwise. Even if the other figures sold, my store's computer inventory will show approximately 3 cases in stock from now until whenever Lushros goes the way of the dodo bird.

Fortunately, the TAC looks like completely different product to all but a blind minimum wage employee. The planogram might take the 8 pegs of SW and make Saga2 fit on 4 and TAC fit on 4 (perhaps forcing Lushros out into the clearance sale island and leaving room for Waves 8,9,10 in Saga2 at last - else why would my store order these - SW is not selling and they've had nearly the same 3 cases for almost 1 year (the 32 Lushros Dofines from April 2006).

So is Lushros the Ultimate Pegwarmer?

The Niemoidian Warrior came out in mid-2005 and most ROTS product was sold through by Jan. 2006.

Looking back through RS's photo archive list, I honestly see that most of the figures don't hang around for more than 1 year. Hasbro's changing the cardbacks and their re-collecting of non-moving merchandise or the stores' clearances that I must miss, do get rid of the figures all in about 1 year.

I can't recall if these '97's and red-cards ever hung for more than 1 year as it was so long ago. But I actually tend to doubt it.

Hasbro did always change the cardbacks thus "refreshing the line" even for stockers who wouldn't have otherwise noticed the difference at 2 in the morning.