PDA

View Full Version : The big surprise(and heads up for others)

Kidhuman
02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I went into Target this morning and did my blind walk to the toy aisle. I go there and made my normal right hand turn without thinking anything and went to look at the SW figures they had out and low and behold, i saw Fertilizer and Miracle Grow. I was like great they moved it around. I scoured the toy dept looking for them but no where to be found. I asked an employee whats the deal:

They are resetting the whole store and have taken them all action figures off the floor for about 1-2 weeks while they do so. I mean come the F88K on, an entire aisle gone and action figs no less. POTC, Turtles, Marvel, SW, all of them. Why not the freakin ailse with the knights and horses that never get sold? I dont know if it is all Targets doing this, but beware, you might not find them when you go there.

2-1B
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
For a moment I got excited because I have been looking for Fertilizer and Miracle Grow MOC for awhile, I hate it when they short pack certain figures like that.

Thumbs Up on the Heads Up. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
My Target only reset a year and a half ago, so I don't think they'll be doing it now. You fooled me, KH. I thought you were going to say you found TAC wave 1 or something.

Val Da Car
02-28-2007, 08:16 PM
AAhhhh CRAP?!?!?

:)

El Chuxter
03-01-2007, 12:26 AM
I've seen 'em move stuff for a reset, but to obliterate an entire section? Wow.

tagmac
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
It's not unheard of. When I was a kid and TMNT was the big thing, my mother found the HTF Shredder fig while I was at my grandmother's at either Caldor or K-Mart. Cardinal/typical parent mistake, she told my younger brother "ok, we'll come back and get it later." In those days, figure scalping was just beginning to get big, and even though I was only 11 or 12, I knew full well that you buy it when you see it, especially if it's rare, or you'll never find it again (having gone through this years earlier with the vintage Han carbonite, which my brother saw in KB while I was on vacation, and was gone by the time i got back - luckily i found one in TRU a few weeks later).

Well, that night she sent my father back to get it and the entire section was gone, as they had removed all of the figures for a re-set for a sale, and they refused to bring out a figure from the back, even though my father was all set to buy it (granted, I doubt that Shredder figure lasted on the pegs long enough to get put in the back anyway).

Anyway, I found out about this after the fact, as my mother found Shredder at another store two days later, so I only found out about the first story after getting the toy, which I remember looking for all over with my grandmother that same week.

OK, I know I went off topic here with my story, but the point is, stores have done that with resets before, so I'd say it's nothing new or shocking.

Kidhuman
03-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Reset yes, but removing an entire aisle for two weeks? Thats insane

mtriv73
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Reset yes, but removing an entire aisle for two weeks? Thats insane

If they don't have anything to stock in the aisle, what difference does it make? ;)

DarkArtist
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
This reset could be a good thing. perhaps they will revisit displays similiar to AOTC and ROTS, where whole isles were covered with Star Wars. Would love to see the TAC line spread out over an isle and not confined to just a few pegs.

mtriv73
03-01-2007, 02:41 PM
This reset could be a good thing. perhaps they will revisit displays similiar to AOTC and ROTS, where whole isles were covered with Star Wars. Would love to see the TAC line spread out over an isle and not confined to just a few pegs.

That would be great if they would release 30 figures at once like they do in movie years. If they have an entire aisle of 1 wave though, we'll be knee deep in Obi's and lava miners from now until the line ends (and we still won't be able to find galactic marines.)

Rocketboy
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I was at Target today and they darn near every major toy (but no SW) on clearance, from Spider-man Origins & POTC and others.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't know if any of my Targets are/will be doing this. A few years ago, one of the ones in my area completely got rid of the toy section for a few weeks while they moved everything around, so it's not exactly new.

At least there's nothing new out right now, until the TAC hits in a few weeks.

Kidhuman
03-29-2007, 06:21 AM
Well, I was in Target yesteday and asked them when they would be putting the action figures back out and they said not for a couple more weeks. This is absurd. How do you remove the most popular aisle for toy sales for at least 6 weeks?

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 06:59 PM
That is pretty crazy kh. I could understand for a couple of days or so, but many weeks?!?!? That's insane.

When I went to Target last week they had reset the action figure isle as well, and no, it didn't just up and disappear either. It took them about 2-3 days to complete it. The new look and setup is pretty nice, though I was overwhelmed by the amount of Spiderman 3 stuff. Everywhere I looked was a little web-slinger somethin or other.

Kidhuman
04-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Finally Target put out there action figure aisle again. After almost 2 months I have another place to shop instead of having them run DPCI's for me

JEDIpartner
04-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Sounds like idiots.