PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro forgot to bring Biggs' cape to Toy Fair

Tycho
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
The title of this thread says it all for the most part. However, we can work out several conspiracy theories on why this was to be the case.

1) They did it so we'd talk about the figure on the forums and excite everyone about a figure that might otherwise not be so much discussed or recognized by younger fans who don't know about the Lost Scenes.

2) Because Biggs is from Lost Scenes, they wanted to lose his cape to make it a matching feature.

3) All the moons and planets were not in alignment.

4) Biggs' cape is at a secret military installation out in the desert in Nevada.

5) Hasbro didn't want us to know that they didn't sculpt a new cape for Biggs, but took the 1998 Lando General / Pilot's cape and painted it black and figured by not showing it to us, they'd insulate themselves for another month from our incessant complaining about everything. This way fans can concentrate more on b$##$ing about "no AT-TE and no Yarna."

6) The cape was not available at the time of Toy Fair because it is being produced at a secret Hasbro accessories manufacturing plant where they are also busy constructing removeable headgear for the next Lobot action figure.

7) Biggs doesn't have a cape. It's technically called a cloak. Even when they told an employee to find his cape and bring it to Toy Fair, he couldn't come up with anything but a cloak, so he figured they didn't want that.

8) Chewbacca didn't get a medal at the end of the Battle of Yavin, and he doesn't even get a cape when he was in 4 movies compared to Lando's 2, and Lando even gets 2 capes. Biggs was cut out of the movie (in his scenes with a cape) but he still gets an action figure with a cape! Hasbro chose not to display him that way so that they could delay or moderate the response from Wookiee Rights groups.

In actuality, Biggs went through several re-designs while still a prototype.

Here is the final, correctly cloaked version.

figrin bran
03-02-2007, 09:43 PM
9) Hasbro Toyfair showroom rep had a dream where insects told him not to bring the cape.

DarkArtist
03-03-2007, 11:33 AM
TAC Wave Special Action Biggs Darklighter with Drag Attack Action. This figure just makes you scream "I want to go to Tosche Station."

2-1B
03-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Tycho, I think you are wrong about this. I heard they decided not to make him with the cape.

Tycho
03-03-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL DarkArtist. But poor Caesar - this time your joke fell flat. I can't even think of a wise-crack response to that.

DarkArtist's post rules!

2-1B
03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
joke ? :confused:

Tycho
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
joke ? :confused:

Caesar, do you not read the news on the mainpage? - it's on 3 sites' Q&As: Galactic Hunter, Rebelscum, and SSG's Q&A. RS even had a separate newspost about it. Biggs will have the cape.

Droid
03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Well I for one have decided that if Biggs doesn't have the cape I am not buying it. There is no excuse for him not having that cape.

2-1B
03-03-2007, 06:59 PM
EXACTLY Droid, that's why I refuse to buy this figure. Stupid Hasbro. :mad:

Tycho
03-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Caesar's just using this issue to taunt me. He knows now that Biggs will include his cape. He's pretending he does not though.

This is known as False-Cape-Denial or FCD.

It is different from True-Cape-Ignorance, or TCI, which hopefully all my posting and the 3 Hasbro Q&A's cleared the issue on.

So Caesar thinks he is a VIP representing TMI concerning TCI but he is really a FCD and that's no POS.

Jargo
03-04-2007, 10:15 AM
piece of an old black t-shirt would have given him a cloak if he wasn't coming with one.

But he is. so there.

Droid
03-04-2007, 10:39 AM
If you look at the Toy Fair pictures, Biggs clearly is not wearing a cape. And I read on galactichunter that they aren't including the cape because they didn't catch it in time and now it is too late.

Honestly, all the cut footage shows him in that cape. It is sad what people miss when they don't pay attention.

Jargo
03-04-2007, 10:49 AM
in the Q&A thingies they've said he'll come with the cape. There would be little point doing a fan favourite figure from a scene not in the movie and not including part of his costume. I mean figures at toy shows and conventions often don't have accessories or certain parts because maybe someone forgot to pack it or some clumsy fat marketing dude broke the part.
And like I say it's a small piece of black cloth that anyone could make anyway. if you had the figure mint on card you'd barely see the cape in the blister and if you had it loose then a bell shaped piece of fabric cut from a t-shirt or something would suffice. it's not the end of the world by any means.

Tycho
03-04-2007, 10:57 AM
It's not going to work Droid.

"You are part of Caesar's conspiracy and totally a FCD. Take it away.

Holding on to this rumor is dangerous. You're lying before you'll tell the truth about this thing.

But leave it to me:

I've traced Darklighter's cape to an accidental omission. Now that is my link to finding his missing cape.

I'm sending a distress signal to all those who appreciate good fashion and then reporting that this rumor has been killed.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
piece of an old black t-shirt would have given him a cloak if he wasn't coming with one.

But he is. so there.

in the Q&A thingies they've said he'll come with the cape.

Awesome !!!

Thanks for the info Jargo, I appreciate you clearing that up for me. :grin:

Droid
03-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Could someone provide a link to a picture of him wearing the cape? That would probably clear all this up. The only picture of the action figure I have seen has him not wearing the cape.

Jargo
03-04-2007, 01:14 PM
It also occurs to me that in a few short weeks this figure will be hitting stores. before people get 'hysterical' about it it may be prudent to just sit tight and wait and see how it turns out. packaged pictures are sure to arrive soon from various pre-retail ebay auctions. say, from sellers in the orient.

galactic hunter:
will "Academy" Biggs Darklighter have his cape,

Biggs will have his cape - we just forgot to bring it to Toy Fair.

action figs:
Will Academy outfit Biggs from wave 3 have his cape, and if not, why?
He will have a cape - we just forgot to bring it to Toy Fair.

same answer on two separate sites. I gave up looking after that. Coz it seems to me that like, what hasbro is saying is that BIGGS WILL HAVE HIS FREAKIN CAPE!

pbarnard
03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
It also occurs to me that in a few short weeks this figure will be hitting stores. before people get 'hysterical' about it it may be prudent to just sit tight and wait and see how it turns out. packaged pictures are sure to arrive soon from various pre-retail ebay auctions. say, from sellers in the orient.

galactic hunter:
will "Academy" Biggs Darklighter have his cape,

Biggs will have his cape - we just forgot to bring it to Toy Fair.

action figs:
Will Academy outfit Biggs from wave 3 have his cape, and if not, why?
He will have a cape - we just forgot to bring it to Toy Fair.

same answer on two separate sites. I gave up looking after that. Coz it seems to me that like, what hasbro is saying is that BIGGS WILL HAVE HIS FREAKIN CAPE!

...He may just have to borrow one of the new Marvel's licensees in order to have it. And if that doesn't work, Batman and Superman can be found further down the aisle, so there's your cape :P

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Caesar's just using this issue to taunt me. He knows now that Biggs will include his cape. He's pretending he does not though.

This is known as False-Cape-Denial or FCD.

It is different from True-Cape-Ignorance, or TCI, which hopefully all my posting and the 3 Hasbro Q&A's cleared the issue on.

So Caesar thinks he is a VIP representing TMI concerning TCI but he is really a FCD and that's no POS.Perhaps they are exhibiting a form of Cape Fear.

Slicker
03-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Perhaps they are exhibiting a form of Cape Fear.*shakes head* quite possibly the WORST joke of 2007!!!

2-1B
03-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I thought it was pretty good. lol
Well done MSP ! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, I haven't seen either version of the movie. Otherwise, I might have been able to make a better joke.

Tycho
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
That was a good joke with Cape Fear, MSP!

Very good timing.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
There are two types of Cape Fear, just as there were two versions of the movie. One is fear that Biggs won't have the cape. The other type is just a fear of capes.

joe-da
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
8) Chewbacca didn't get a medal at the end of the Battle of Yavin, and he doesn't even get a cape when he was in 4 movies compared to Lando's 2, and Lando even gets 2 capes. Biggs was cut out of the movie (in his scenes with a cape) but he still gets an action figure with a cape! Hasbro chose not to display him that way so that they could delay or moderate the response from Wookiee Rights groups.

In actuality, Biggs went through several re-designs while still a prototype.

Here is the final, correctly cloaked version.

Unfortunately, they made a Chewie with cape (or at least half a cape) in the Shadows of the Empire line.

I'm glad Hasbro answered this question, as I was worried after seeing the Sith Infiltrator ad on the back of the latest SW Knights of the Old Republic comic. Biggs is shown in the background - without a cape.

General_Grievous
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
4-inches.de has a pic of Biggs with his cape.

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm

2-1B
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
He looks fantastic mit Umhang ! :)

Too bad he's not going to come packed with it. :(
stupid Hasbro. :mad:

Tycho
03-16-2007, 05:03 PM
4-inches.de has a pic of Biggs with his cape.

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm

That's a bad picture and on top of it, appears as if someone put a 1995 Darth Vader cape on to Biggs. You'd hope Hasbro wouldn't stoop that low!

Caesar, if you can't see Bigg's extra garb in the package, it's only because some will come shipped with his Cloaking Device turned on.