PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Darth Maul Desktop pic

mista_carrot
02-05-2002, 05:16 AM
Hello all, just wanted to share this desktop pic I made depicting Deluxe Darth Maul. Let me know what you guys think!

derek
02-05-2002, 08:58 AM
WOW!!! that looks good. :sur:

JediTricks
02-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Very cool! I wish my Deluxe POTJ Maul had that paint job, mine doesn't match nearly as well. The saber blades are very well done, but they look kinda funny since the figure's plastic blades are so short. ;)

mista_carrot
02-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Yeah I wish the blades were longer...I also think the hilt is too big. I wish I could've gotten my hands on the sith lords two pack, cuz the lightsaber looks like it's a good length. Anyone have the sith lords two pack to confirm this?

Beast
02-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by mista_carrot
Yeah I wish the blades were longer...I also think the hilt is too big. I wish I could've gotten my hands on the sith lords two pack, cuz the lightsaber looks like it's a good length. Anyone have the sith lords two pack to confirm this?

Yeah, the Sith Lords two pack is great. I think its the only 4" version of Maul with the proper length blades on his double bladed saber. All the rest are two short. :( I know that fitting the proper length saber in the bubbles would have been a problem on the single carded figures, but they could have done like they did with the first Jar Jar's staff and extended the bubble on one side.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-06-2002, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the saber that comes with the Sith Lords 2pack also comes with Ep 1 Sith Lord Maul, it's a great accessory and one of the blades is removable.

Beast
02-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I'm pretty sure the saber that comes with the Sith Lords 2pack also comes with Ep 1 Sith Lord Maul, it's a great accessory and one of the blades is removable.

Not exactly the same after all, I just checked and while they are the same length and one of the blades does come off, the one with the Sith Lord's 2-pack is a little more detailed, sculpting wise on the hilt. But it is the proper length, blade wise, and the slight sculpting difference doesnt mean much. Guess I'll crack open all those extra Sith Lord Maul's and upgrade my sabers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mista_carrot
02-06-2002, 05:49 AM
Now I've gotta get me a Sith Lord Maul! Hmmm...then again I could just lengthen the blades in Photoshop and not go through the trouble of buying a new Darth Maul just for the lightsaber. Decisions decisions.