PDA

View Full Version : Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

sith_killer_99
03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Has anyone heard of these guys? Great stuff!

They don't have any original songs, they only do cover tunes. They have a pretty wide selection though. They have everything from show tunes to pop to rock to country.

Basically they take these songs and give them a rock/alternative sound! My favorite (and what really go me listening to them) is the Johnny Cash "Sunday Morning Coming Down" remake.

I was at the mall and stopped by Hot Topics, they were playing "Sunday Morning Coming Down". I was like...WOW...who is this?!?!?

Anyway, I went to iTunes and checked 'em out. I ended up down loading about 30 of their songs! They're just so fun to listen to!!!

Has anyone else listened to them?

2-1B
03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I have never heard of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I've heard of them, but don't recall if I've heard them. I didn't realize they were a cover band. I like the band name though. There should be a band called Tee Hee Lee and the Giggle Giggles.

El Chuxter
03-05-2007, 01:45 AM
I found a CD of theirs while ransacking El Chuxter's house, looking for items to either fence or paint purple. It was their first CD. After quite a bit of interrogation, El Chuxter admitted that he bought it almost ten years ago, when it first came out and a friend played their version of "I Am A Rock."

I mentioned to him that they had done Johnny Cash's "Sunday Morning Coming Down." Him being such a big fan of the guy (which I never understood, because if you can wear only one color, why black and not purple?), I knew that would p*** him off. He laughed and pointed out that Cash covered it, and it was originally by a then-obscure buddy of his named Kris Kristofferson.

He also was a damned know-it-all and mentioned that they were a sort of "supergroup" made up of members of otherwise forgettable pop-punk bands.

Don't worry, SK99. I beat the crap out of him. He won't be shooting off his mouth anytime soon.

You still have a few hours to deliver my purple armada, by the way. The clock is ticking, but there's time.

THIS I COMMAND!!