PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 Toys Hit Shelves

DarkArtist
03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Was in Walmart today looking for Star Wars (nothing..... Big Shock) and happened to see Spiderman 3 toys sitting on the shelves. They had the new Spidey Walkie Talkies with all 3 villians partnered of course with Spidey. The New Spidey Web Shooter, Spidey 3 Monster Truck Assortment and a Spiderman 3 Monopoly.
The Walkie Talkies were alright with Venom being painted in a Dark indiego Blue coloring.
The other sets with Sandman and the new Green Goblin named Harry Goblin in which Harry has a wierd looking facemask instead of the original Goblin gear.

BountyHunterScum
03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Harry's goblin suit reminds me of the Yellow and Black suit of Kamakura from Sigma 6 mini figures.

General_Grievous
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Any of the action figures spotted?

DarkArtist
03-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Any of the action figures spotted?

I haven't seen the actual figures yet but I would imagine that they will be hitting the shelves soon. Afterall the figures for Spidey 2 came out about a month before the movie. I think that once April is here we will see the figures for all of the new summer movies hitting the shelves.

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
A buddy of mine spotted cases of the figures at 2 different Vegas-era WMs last night, the cases had "no earlier than" shelf-dates I believe he said of March 23rd.

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I was in WalMart earlier tonight and spotted some Spidey 3 stuff. They had some of the small 2-packs, like the SW galactic heroes. I tried to buy one of them just for the hell of it but they came up as "do not sell". The lady at the register said they had been recalled due to small parts.

Yeah, whatever. :)

General_Grievous
03-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I've seen the Spider-Man 3 Superhero Squad figures at TRU. I believe the sets go something like this: Classic Spidey and Venom, Black Spidey and Sandman, Peter Parker and New Goblin. I didn't buy any, though. I've decided what I'm going to pick up from this line. Just Black Spidey, Sandman, Venom and the New Goblin. The scale thing bothers me a bit. The Toy Biz figures were 6 inches, but the Hasbro figures are 5 inches, right? So far, the Black Spidey looks the best out of this line.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, they did shrink them down to 5''.

I'll probably do the SM3 figures this weekend. I got the figures from 1-2, so I need 3 to complete the line. I'm a completist. God help me.

General_Grievous
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM
I was a completist of the Spider-Man movie line until they came out with 50 Spideys for the second movie. Then I just got the Super Posable Spider-Man and Doc Ock. Now I just have at least one of every character. From the first movie I have SA Spider-Man, SA Green Goblin, Battle Damage Spider-Man, Battle Damage Green Goblin, Peter Parker, Mary Jane, JJ Jameson and Norman Osborne. From the second one I just have SA Spider-Man and Doc Ock. And as I said before, I'm going to try to get Black Spidey, Sandman, Venom and the New Goblin from "Spider-Man 3".

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I was at a different WM earlier tonight and they had some SpiderMan 3 toys also...I scanned them at the price finder thing and it came up as "sale not allowed."

I am getting some serious flashbacks of EP3 toys.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 09:09 PM
The scale thing bothers me a bit. The Toy Biz figures were 6 inches, but the Hasbro figures are 5 inches, right? So far, the Black Spidey looks the best out of this line.Yeah, that scale change is really lame.

Black Spidey there doesn't do it for me, the articulation looks funky at the elbows and knees, and the head is way underscaled. This line is going to be a hard sell for me at this point, but I'm a sucker for Spidey and probably will partake.

I was a completist of the Spider-Man movie line until they came out with 50 Spideys for the second movie. Then I just got the Super Posable Spider-Man and Doc Ock. I was more selective with both films, but SM2 has an awesome figure that has magnets in his hands and feet, and is articulated enough to use it nicely, I have it on my lamp now and it looks awesome.

General_Grievous
03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I was more selective with both films, but SM2 has an awesome figure that has magnets in his hands and feet, and is articulated enough to use it nicely, I have it on my lamp now and it looks awesome.

Was that the one that came with the top of a building? If so, I had that one too, I just forgot that I had it until now. I remember I had it on the fridge and it looked kind of cool.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, top of a building and a fat flagpole - the accessory didn't work out that well, he's supposed to spin down it, but the metal's light and he falls off easily. Luckily, he sticks to fridges and lamps and such beautifully, glad to hear you've got him, IMO that's a figure that really works perfectly with the idea of Spider-Man: it's fun, it's accurate, it's sculpted neutrally, it's very poseable, and it's affordable.

Ji'dai
03-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I've seen the figures at Kohls but didn't bother scanning them. I saw two Spidey 3 Mega Bloks sets at K-Mart today. Both sets build a two-legged mech and you can choose between the classic red or symbiote Spider-Man.

JediTricks
03-21-2007, 01:34 AM
I saw a couple Spidey toys at Target in North Hollywood tonight, the first was the new 5" sized figure with a spider-car, not a particularly cool-looking one but ok I suppose. The other was a Target-exclusive battle pack of Spidey versus Sandman, the top of the box was partly sandy too, they were repaints - Spidey was shiny with some sand splotches and Sandman was more sandy than the regular version. The headsculpt on Sandman was decent, but the figures didn't really look all that great to me, the new scale bodies don't quite work and the missing and alternate articulation is questionable - the feet can't move at all!

jjreason
03-23-2007, 07:26 PM
They're up here at TRU en masse, with huge cardboard displays at the front of the store. The packaging is all very nicely "unified", no matter which type of toy you're looking for.

The 5" figures look nice at first, but upon closer inspection they're all gimicky, and suffer from "cartoon-face-itis".

The closest I came to buying a figure (and it wasn't close) was the deluxe Venom - he's an interesting blackish bluey purple color, not black by any stretch.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Picked them up this morning!! While the scale thing does irk me, I'm enjoying the look of the figures and am pretty pleased. I don't open them mind you, but in the package, I like them! Picked up the Goblin without mask (rolling attack) at Wal-mart, which I was REALLY surprised to see as I didn't see him on any online stores or anything, not even at Hasbro's online store. I ran into a fellow collector at a TRU and he said he helped set up the SM figures last night at a wal-mart and that they were only on the aisle displays, a few to a display. Dunno what this means, but it's still something to consider. I picked up all the figures I wanted and am pretty content! HH! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
wasn't impressed with the selection and the prices turned me off all together. $9 for the basic and $15 for the deluxe, no thanks. was going today to get a black costume spidey and venom but passed. would rather take the $18 bucks and get three more Galactic Marines or Airborne Troopers or even Concept Stormies.

General_Grievous
03-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I went to Wal Mart this morning and picked up a few of them. They had a huge display that took up half the toy aisle. They even had a guy dressed up like Spider-Man there for the kids. I got the SA Classic costume and Black costume Spideys, the Capture Web Venom (this is the exact same as the Deluxe Venom, but $8 cheaper), Punch Attack Sandman (the only good one in the line), and the Rolling Attack New Goblin with removable mask (like Guyute, I was also surprised to see this since I didn't see pictures anywhere). And that's all she wrote for the Spider Man 3 line. Those were the only figures I saw that were worth getting. Some of the figures looked like trash, like the Peter Parker figure that quick changes into Spider-Man. There was so much stuff, though. I started getting flashbacks of April 2, 2005.

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I picked up Black costume Spidey (with the web) earlier this afternoon. Will probably go back and get a Venom sometime.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Both Target & TRU have the figs for $8 instead of WM's $8.63, and TRU may have some sort of deal going until the end of the month if you spend $25 on Spidey items. But WM has more variety of figs than the other guys, like a whole wave more.

First, let me say that the new scale is a disappointment, going from the awesome 6" line to a limiting 5" line while staying at the same pricepoint is a wasted effort. That said, this smaller size does have more of a "fun toy" feel than the 6-inch line, something to be played with above all. The launch at Wal-mart had probably 3 waves of basic figures, every movie character had at least 2 figures including the villains which is a little crazy, many were gimmick figures, and they knew to include movie-1 Green Goblin, movie-2 Doc Ock, Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion, and Rhino as well as just the bland "New Goblin" figures, Sandman figures, and (blue, why?) Venom figures - unfortunately for Scorpion and Rhino, their figures got less quality treatment so they're a tad cartoony-looking and limited in articulation.

I'm going to try to review the new figures in a vacuum, ignoring the previous larger-scale movie lines as much as possible, I'm sure I'll slip but I'm trying to take these as their own thing because these are what they are and there's no way to turn this bus around (but hopefully at some point Hasbro will revisit these movie characters in the Marvel Legends line).

Black-costume Spider-Man (super articulated) - Unlike Hasbro's Venom figures which are all blue, Spidey here is a shiny, dark charcoal gray with slightly lighter webbing, a light-gray spider emblem front and back, and silver eyes - this is a good approximation of what the trailers have shown of this movie costume. Unlike most of the Spidey and Venom figures I saw with sloppy paint, this Black Spidey is very neatly painted. Black Spidey's body is a different sculpt from the other Spider-Man figures in this line, and that presents a problem as here he's half a head taller than the other Spider-man figs and the New Goblin. The sculpt's other failing is that, while he's bigger than the other Spidey figs, his head is slightly smaller than theirs (which are small to begin with). One pro in the sculpting is the scale-like pattern on every piece, this works great with the shiny gray plastic. The body is a little more pumped than the red & blue Spidey, that I suppose fits with "more power" aspect of the black suit. Spidey's left hand is an under-handed gripper, while his right hand is an under-handed web-shoot with very long fingers. Spidey's sole accessory is a black rubbery web with 3 suction cups, this is a totally different web from red & blue Spidey's web at least, but why Hasbro has a call-out of "super poseable web!" when it's just rubber is beyond me, and the cardback makes a big deal out of the fact that Spidey can grab the web. The suction cups on the web can be removed and replaced easily, there's no mention of that on the packaging.

Hasbro defines "super articulated" a little loosely here, while he does have a ball-jointed head it has limited range; the arms have universal-jointed shoulders, double-jointed elbows, hinge wrist, and swivel upper arm, but no swivel wrist which is very limiting; the mid-torso is a universal-joint, but again with limited range; the legs have universal-jointed hips, double-hinged knees with a swivel at the top, and hinged ankles but no swivel there which is another big limitation. This figure integrates the articulation into the sculpt far better than the super articulated red & blue Spidey, that's not to say it's perfection because it's not even close (the arms are especially bad in this respect) but the mid-torso, hips, and that new style of knee joint (it's now inserted into a "cup" in the thigh) are superior to regular Spidey.

Overall, this might be a fun toy for kids, but the smaller size means less-subtle articulation, and removing 2 of the most important joints is tragic. The body sculpt is pretty nice and the paint work is surprisingly solid, but the figure being slightly bigger scale than the others and having a tiny head hold him back again. Finally, if you're going to charge a painful $8 a pop, include not just a web but another accessory like a clip-on web-blast or something. Grade: C

New Goblin (disk launching sky stick) - This is the first Harry as Goblin figure, the second one I saw had a removable mask showing Harry's face, and a better sky stick (that claimed to have rolling action but I couldn't see it in package), but significantly less articulation and I think a body action gimmick. This New Gobby I have here is "super articulated" and his sky stick has a permanent orange flame out the back and launches disks. Gobby is pretty much what you see in the trailer - a basic black body suit with light web-gear belts here and there, a green full-face mask and exposed head of hair; one cool touch is the separate-piece belt with (non-functional) holster that plugs onto his leg. Goblin Harry's build is a little muscular but not ridiculously so, it's a good in-between. You could say the sculpt is soft and to a degree it is (I picked him in part due to his articulation and high number of accessories, but also because his generic look can fit in with other lines in this 5" scale) but looking closer it seems to be intentional to make the bodysuit look a little padded, the other details like (non-functional) scabbard on the back, the gauntlet claw, and the boots have real depth to them. The only real complaint I have in the sculpt is the left hand which has been enlarged slightly and opened wide to accommodate the pumpkin bomb (yet it still doesn't fit!).

Articulation starts with a ball-jointed head which has a little more range than Spidey's but still could be better; the arms have universal-jointed shoulders and double-hinge elbows, but lack swivels on upper and lower which limits posing a little; torso sports a front-bending hinge and below that a standard waist swivel; legs have universal-jointed hips, double-jointed knees with rotation at the top, and hinged ankles. The elbows and knees are the same kinds of joint as on Spidey, but both are a little more restricted, though they still do a pretty decent job.

Accessories are decent in number. The sky stick board is white with black and the aforementioned translucent orange flame which also weakly pops out the large black disks that can be loaded into the middle, the disk-launching feature puts a gap in the midsection at one side and an extra bulge in the back, but neither bother me; the board has 2 pegs to accommodate the holes in Harry's feet which work well, and the flame keeps it from tipping backwards when set down. There's also an orange pumpkin bomb, decent sculpt and green accents, but is a little large for the hand. Then there's the blade-bomb which is all-silver and a bit wider than it should be but it looks plenty nasty. Finally, Harry's sword which is an unusual techno shape, silver with a dark green handle, and fits great in the figure's right hand.

Overall, New Goblin is not the most visually exciting villain, but this figure does capture the character pretty well and delivers most of the articulation you'd ever want for this guy alongside some decent accessories. I think I like him more as a generic villain figure than as the character, which I suppose means he's got the toy thing working right. Grade: B-

Spider-Man (super-articulated, red & blue costume) - this is the main Spidey of the line for me, if a Spidey toy can't do the cool spine-bending acrobatics iconic to the character then he's just not Spidey enough for me. Unlike Black Spidey above, this figure is the right height scale with the other characters in the line, and he's not quite as beefed up either. But all is not right in Marvel's New York. First, the paint: be DILIGENT about selecting the deco, I saw so many of this figure that were painted badly - watch the web and emblems especially. The figure's got silver webs painted over sculpting, the silver's thick and lacks subtlety, and it's far too easy for it to go astray and miss the sculpting. He's sporting the pearly eye pieces which are cool. The black spider emblem on the front is raised and painted, again here's a department where I saw the majority had some of the black missing. The figure's main colors are red and dark blue, the red is not nearly dark enough though so it's more like comic or cartoon Spidey than movie version; the spider emblem on his back is painted in a darker red.

The figure's sculpt is a tad iffy. The figure's defined but not overbuilt except a little in the thighs. The head is a touch small but not as bad as Black Spidey above. The hands appear to be the exact same as Black Spidey's, so under-handed cupped left and long-finger web-shooting right. The lower torso unfortunately is a narrower piece than the upper chest, it steps in at the articulation, this detracts from the movie character and looks more like something out of the comics. The hips stick out from the waist a little mainly because the lower torso is overly narrow. The knee articulation looks a little odd but no issue until the upper joint bends, then the thigh becomes a sleeve for the knee which is too bad (especially since it works on Black Spidey).

Articulation is identical to Black Spidey above, though this Spidey's joints are a little less tight in some areas and feel a tiny bit frail. The articulation really is too limited to do all the great stuff the Toy Biz Spidey figures can do and it makes a big difference to me. Spidey's only accessory is a similar suction-cup-sporting web that he can grab, this one looks a little better to me as it's silvery translucent and has a 4 corner shape. The packaging calls out "super stretch web!" but it's not all that stretchy.

Overall, this one has a very "toy" look but also feels frail (not like it's going to break though). The look is pure Spidey, but not quite enough of the needed movie styling. The articulation limitations and missing articulation hamper the playability of this guy which sinks it. And again we're an overpriced figure with not enough accessories. It's the same grade as Black Spidey but for different reasons. Grade: C

Green Goblin (first movie) - I didn't really care for the costume on the first movie's Gobby, some have dubbed it the "power rangers' armor Goblin", I didn't even buy the movie figure back in the day, but when I saw this green sucka on the pegs, I dunno, it's not even totally accurate but this figure clicked with me. The figure's cast in shiny metallic green from the film, the only other paint details are a few gold elements on the legs, the yellow eyes, the black mouth and white teeth - visually though, the shiny green plastic works great with this sculpt. The sculpt has the details down pretty well, they're not as tightly sculpted as Toy Biz's - in fact it's darn plain from the back - but the sculpt overall conveys the look well even through its inaccuracies. I don't remember the helmet being that long.

Articulation is interesting in that it's pretty well integrated into the sculpt, minus the hips which are usually the weak spot for every Marvel figure with universal-jointed hips. There's the ball-jointed head; standard swivel waist; the arms have universal-jointed shoulders and shallow-angle diagonal swivel elbows (aka the "cut joint"); and the legs sport universal-jointed hips, double-jointed knees with the in-cup swivel at the top that this is common to this line, and universal-jointed ankles -- yes, the only figure in the line I've seen so far with this vital type of articulation and he's not even from this movie! Although the shoulder joints are a little limited and there's just that dopey cut joint in the elbows, the arms actually end up getting the job done for the basic menacing and flying poses. The helmet sculpt allows the ball joint to get used to its finest potential, it's got a decent range of motion and it's almost invisible to the look of the figure.

Gobby's got 3 accessories, 2 orange and green pumpkin bombs (which he can't actually hold) and his Goblin Glider. The glider lacks many of the movie details, is simple silver with lavender, and is probably 75% too big, but it sells the idea pretty well. Mine was assembled backwards at the middle piece, with the pointy bits pointing forwards (they're the jets at the back), but this is easily remedied since the wings are just pegged on. It's got articulation at the strut that connects it to the middle, but not where the strut meets the wing. Instead of the small missiles under the wing, it's got holes to accommodate the pumpkin bombs, the idea being you push them from the top and the drop, but it's too easy to drop them by accident to use this as storage, thus you end up with an oversized, inaccurate glider that's got a big hole in each wing. The one thing that disappoints me about the glider is that the pegs are in the middle of the footpads, but Gobby's pegholes are at the BACK of his feet - d'oh! Still, he interacts with the glider pretty well.

Overall, it's clear Hasbro's trying to cover the entire Spidey movie franchise with this line rather than covering just the newest movie, and as crass as that may be, it worked on me with this figure (and I'll admit I'm tempted to get Doc Ock too). While the glider is phoned in, the figure works surprisingly well in both deco and sculpt, and even has a vital type of articulation that none of the other main character figures in the line have. The pricepoint holds this one back a little though. Grade: B-

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-25-2007, 08:27 PM
In my neck of the woods, Target put all spidey figures on sale for $5.99 with the deluxe figures for about $8.99. I went back to wal-mart and got a price adjustment, getting about $35 bucks back. Just a heads up! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
After reading JT's review, I think I'm going to pick up a Green Goblin. I might as well get a Doc Ock, too...for the sake of completion.

The rare figures in this line (around my area, at least) seem to be the New Goblin with removable mask (I only saw one, which I bought) and Kraven the Hunter (I only saw one at Toys R Us).

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
In my neck of the woods, Target put all spidey figures on sale for $5.99 with the deluxe figures for about $8.99. I went back to wal-mart and got a price adjustment, getting about $35 bucks back. Just a heads up! :thumbsup:In my area, all the stores are real nasty about price adjustment, but I'll DEFINITELY give it a try, thanks!

After reading JT's review, I think I'm going to pick up a Green Goblin. I might as well get a Doc Ock, too...for the sake of completion. Let us know what you think of Doc Ock, I'm interested in that one, and GG, I'm curious what others are going to think of that figure.

The rare figures in this line (around my area, at least) seem to be the New Goblin with removable mask (I only saw one, which I bought) and Kraven the Hunter (I only saw one at Toys R Us).Yeah, I only saw a couple removable-mask Rolling New Goblins at WM and none anywhere else. I saw a bunch of Kravens at WM and a couple at TRU I think, could have been Target though. Rhino was very rare at WM, I saw 2 or 3 there, but then I saw one at another store.

It's funny, with this line, Hasbro seems to be going right for the kid buck, but they're pricing it pretty high for that. The marvel (pun intended) of the Toy Biz movie lines was that they went for the kid buck pretty hard, but they also were very eager to get the collector dollars as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-25-2007, 09:34 PM
In my area, all the stores are real nasty about price adjustment, but I'll DEFINITELY give it a try, thanks!

Oh, the CSM'S were giving me a tough time as well. Told me that since i bought the figures yesterday, I would have to bring them back and return them, and THEN GO BACK TO TOYS and find them all over again. I told them not a snowball chance in hell and talked to a manager, who said, "well, yeah, just take care of him." And this is considering I'm an employee with the Wal-mart corp when i'm not in school and it was still a hassle. Good luck with that! :thumbsup:

and I did pick up each one of the villians to display, but I just can't convince myself to open them. Sure, I had them all price matched at $5.99, but I already have them all MOC (and in larger scale for Gobby and Ock!) and that's like, 40 bucks that I could spending on something else. Plus, I already have a lots of figures on display and that'll only get worse. Probably take them back later in the week. The folks at the wal-mart service desk are going to be uber happy to see me........AGAIN. hehehe :crazed:

General_Grievous
03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I just picked up the Green Goblin and Doc Ock at TRU. Ock's actually a lot better than I thought he'd be. The sculpt is okay, but a little more arm articulation wouldn't hurt. His lower tentacles bend, and the upper tentacles' claws snap shut when you squeeze his legs together. A bit lame, but believe it or not, the action feature actually works better than the first Toy Biz Spider-Man 2 Doc Ock figure. The only bad thing about the figure that comes to mind is the paint job. Not so much on his body, as the paint there is fairly accurate, but the tentacles look pretty bland. The claws could have used some paint touch-ups instead of just being a plain gray. Overall, a decent figure. It's not the worst in the line. Green Goblin, on the other hand, is right on the money. It's probably the best in the line, or one of the best.

BTW, the body on the New Goblin (with removable mask) is terrible. It has minimal articulation. When I saw the other version of the New Goblin (the disk launching one), I noticed that it was practically SA. I thought about buying that and swapping the heads so I could have a fully articulated Goblin with a removable mask.

darthvyn
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM
I was more selective with both films, but SM2 has an awesome figure that has magnets in his hands and feet, and is articulated enough to use it nicely, I have it on my lamp now and it looks awesome.

HA! i've got that one, too. other than him, the doc ock with the poseable arms was the only other guy i have from the spider-man 2 line. i didn't get any from the first one.

he's in my cubicle at work right now, hanging upside-down.

First, let me say that the new scale is a disappointment, going from the awesome 6" line to a limiting 5" line while staying at the same pricepoint is a wasted effort.

the pricepoint would've gone up just the same as it did with the marvel legends.

The launch at Wal-mart had probably 3 waves of basic figures, every movie character had at least 2 figures including the villains which is a little crazy, many were gimmick figures,

it seems there was a straight-up articulated version and an action feature version for each character from the movie, save for sandman.

and they knew to include movie-1 Green Goblin, movie-2 Doc Ock, Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion, and Rhino

while the above are in similar packaging, they're not considered part of the "spider-man 3 series" but the "classic series" - on the new movie figures, across the bottom of the bubble it says "spider-man 3" whereas on the guys noted above, the "3" is replaced by the spider-symbol.

as well as just the bland "New Goblin" figures, Sandman figures, and (blue, why?) Venom figures

he seems more purple than blue to me, which is a combination of red and blue - not sure if that means anything, just something that got me thinking...

also, the "black" costume spidey is really gray in plastic form, so that one's not too accurate, either. in all the trailers, the spider-symbols are no different from the webbing, but on the figure they're lighter. i'm not bothered by it, as it looks cool, but it's not necessarily accurate.

anyway, i have a comparison review of the two spidey's on my site:

http://www.wallcrawlersweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=535

at the end of the day, i ended up with both SA spidey's, "new" harrygoblin, venom, and the green goblin.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the walmart that i went to DIDN'T have the exclusive on saturday morning. i was ****ed.

BountyHunterScum
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
I have the purple venom and spiderman in black is really very dark grey in the movie. Like a Dark Gunmetal with silver spider web trim.

General_Grievous
03-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I was just browsing at a Toys R Us and I noticed that all of the SA Black Costume Spider-Man figures were sold out. I then went to Wal Mart to look around (for a Saleucami battlepack, which I didn't find) and there were none to be found there, either. Is this a rare figure? It would figure that Hasbro would shortpack the most popular figure in the line.

BountyHunterScum
03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I was just browsing at a Toys R Us and I noticed that all of the SA Black Costume Spider-Man figures were sold out. I then went to Wal Mart to look around (for a Saleucami battlepack, which I didn't find) and there were none to be found there, either. Is this a rare figure? It would figure that Hasbro would shortpack the most popular figure in the line.

SA version?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2007, 09:00 PM
SA version?

Super Articulated.

And I've seen them in decent numbers around here (Toledo, OH). Then again, I haven't checked the SM3 areas as I know there aren't any new figures due out for a bit.

Still looking for the WM exclusive Venom to go with my WM exclusive Spidey. Some stores have him now, none around here though. I'll keep lookin'! :thumbsup:

darthvyn
03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
there's a walmart exclusive venom, too??? jeeeeez i must be slipping in my old age.

EDIT: a little searching and i found this:

http://www.marvel.com/news/toystories.936

the venom exclusive was NOT part of the 3/24 release, and will be available in the "upcoming weeks".

so i guess that means i'll have to check out walmarts again... friggin' walmart...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Some folks on the SPAWN boards got the LE venom. I don't think he'll be too hard to find as i'm still seeing the LE spidey in my area. He should be out pretty soon though. He looks pretty solid too! :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I hope I find them they are nice, what the picture doesn't tell you is they are not Black they are a deep Purple with a red tint aka Maroon/Burgundy.

darthvyn
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
the LE versions are more black/silver with the "supermetal" finish like on the "iron spider-man" figure from spider-man: origins.

BountyHunterScum
03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
the LE versions are more black/silver with the "supermetal" finish like on the "iron spider-man" figure from spider-man: origins.

Look at some high rez pics Spidey is purplish. Left is Walmart LE. Venom is the black one this time.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/dbg/generated/674/DSCN3645__scaled_600.jpg

General_Grievous
03-28-2007, 11:34 PM
The non-SA versions of Spidey are pegwarming like crazy. The SA ones are the only ones that are moving. The villains seem to be moving too, except for the action feature Venom with the snap-on arm symbiotes.

BountyHunterScum
03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
The non-SA versions of Spidey are pegwarming like crazy. The SA ones are the only ones that are moving. The villains seem to be moving too, except for the action feature Venom with the snap-on arm symbiotes.

Because most of them suck.

darthvyn
03-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Look at some high rez pics Spidey is purplish. Left is Walmart LE. Venom is the black one this time.

huh, interesting... all the pics i've seen make it look more black.

BountyHunterScum
03-29-2007, 12:16 AM
huh, interesting... all the pics i've seen make it look more black.

Venom really is black but spidey isn't, yes that is weird. The Venom may also be purple too but most photos fail to show for sure.

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 06:00 AM
I just picked up the Green Goblin and Doc Ock at TRU. Ock's actually a lot better than I thought he'd be. The sculpt is okay, but a little more arm articulation wouldn't hurt. His lower tentacles bend, and the upper tentacles' claws snap shut when you squeeze his legs together. A bit lame, but believe it or not, the action feature actually works better than the first Toy Biz Spider-Man 2 Doc Ock figure. The only bad thing about the figure that comes to mind is the paint job. Not so much on his body, as the paint there is fairly accurate, but the tentacles look pretty bland. The claws could have used some paint touch-ups instead of just being a plain gray. Overall, a decent figure. It's not the worst in the line. The tentacles looked very plain in paint and sculpt, and the arms did indeed look under-articulated but I'm glad to hear you dig this figure, next time I see him I'll pick him up.

Green Goblin, on the other hand, is right on the money. It's probably the best in the line, or one of the best.Yeah, I figured that was the case when I first saw him, he stood out fast, I raised my opinion from "B-" to "B".

BTW, the body on the New Goblin (with removable mask) is terrible. It has minimal articulation. When I saw the other version of the New Goblin (the disk launching one), I noticed that it was practically SA. I thought about buying that and swapping the heads so I could have a fully articulated Goblin with a removable mask.New Goblin v1 with the permanent mask is SA, as much as Toy Biz's first Spider-Man Classics figure was back when they started that whole new Marvel Legends trend.

I thought about doing that head swap and swapping the sky sticks too. The ball-jointed heads are very easy to remove, hopefully they fit each other but the Spidey red and Spidey black heads are slightly different joint sizes so they don't. But I couldn't justify buying a second Harry just for the exposed face.

HA! i've got that one, too. other than him, the doc ock with the poseable arms was the only other guy i have from the spider-man 2 line. i didn't get any from the first one.

he's in my cubicle at work right now, hanging upside-down.Right on! I think that Spidey may be the very epitome of Spidey.

I never got any of the SM or SM 2 line's villains, but I did consider getting Doc Ock both when I first saw him and a couple months ago when there was one they got in on clearance from Amazon.com's sell-out.

the pricepoint would've gone up just the same as it did with the marvel legends.Which I complained about there as well. Like I said about Hasbro's ML: two bucks forward and two steps back.

it seems there was a straight-up articulated version and an action feature version for each character from the movie, save for sandman.I think the Sandman with the big hand, the first version, is the one you could call the articulated one, the second version was more gimmicky and had an angrier face.

while the above are in similar packaging, they're not considered part of the "spider-man 3 series" but the "classic series" - on the new movie figures, across the bottom of the bubble it says "spider-man 3" whereas on the guys noted above, the "3" is replaced by the spider-symbol.Ah, I didn't notice that when I bought them, I see it now in the HasbroToyShop photos, they're not listed over there in the Spider-Man 3 section of the site either. Still, my point I think is valid.

he seems more purple than blue to me, which is a combination of red and blue - not sure if that means anythingSeems like a reach to me, plus the articulated version I paid the most attention to was more of a navy blue or slightly darker, not much red, but I didn't buy him and open the pack up either to examine.

also, the "black" costume spidey is really gray in plastic form, so that one's not too accurate, either. in all the trailers, the spider-symbols are no different from the webbing, but on the figure they're lighter. i'm not bothered by it, as it looks cool, but it's not necessarily accurate.The gray seems accurate to the trailers to me.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the walmart that i went to DIDN'T have the exclusive on saturday morning. i was ****ed.Exclusive??? I didn't know, just saw your link, I don't see a huge difference between that Spidey and the regular gray one, just darker and shinier.

I was just browsing at a Toys R Us and I noticed that all of the SA Black Costume Spider-Man figures were sold out. I then went to Wal Mart to look around (for a Saleucami battlepack, which I didn't find) and there were none to be found there, either. Is this a rare figure? It would figure that Hasbro would shortpack the most popular figure in the line.I think it's Darth Maul syndrome, even when Maul was overpacked in a case he sold out faster than any other figure. Anyway, the wave 1 case is even-packed: 1x each figure, 12 figures total (crazy!). http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV69100A

BTW, how dinky and sad are those 3" Titanium Series movie figures, the $5 ones? They look awful, I was expecting them to be twice as big and way better detailed.

Kind of surprised you liked the gray Spidey over the red Spidey of the 2 SA figs, Vyn.

Yikes, I'm hoping that's just the tone of the lighting or the camera.

I just noticed, how come Venom gets the wrap-around spider emblem but not black-costume Spidey?

darthvyn
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
I thought about doing that head swap and swapping the sky sticks too. The ball-jointed heads are very easy to remove, hopefully they fit each other but the Spidey red and Spidey black heads are slightly different joint sizes so they don't. But I couldn't justify buying a second Harry just for the exposed face.

i considered that as well, but also came to the same conclusion.

Which I complained about there as well. Like I said about Hasbro's ML: two bucks forward and two steps back.

understood, but at least they stayed the same price instead of going up. two more bucks per figure still in my pocket...

Seems like a reach to me, plus the articulated version I paid the most attention to was more of a navy blue or slightly darker, not much red, but I didn't buy him and open the pack up either to examine.

yeah, it's definitely a reach, like i said - just something that was bubbling i my mind. mine is definitely purple, though. funny thing is, in artificial light at night, the purple all but vanishes, and he looks more black. weird.

Exclusive??? I didn't know, just saw your link, I don't see a huge difference between that Spidey and the regular gray one, just darker and shinier.

it's got the "supermetal" finish, and different packaging.

Kind of surprised you liked the gray Spidey over the red Spidey of the 2 SA figs, Vyn.

to each their own, i just thought that the gaps in the red-and-blue was a detriment. plus he's just a bit too thin...

I just noticed, how come Venom gets the wrap-around spider emblem but not black-costume Spidey?

his web pattern also goes astray from the pattern on spidey, so i guess he puts his own spin on the motif.

BountyHunterScum
03-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Jedi it isn't the lighting, if you look carefully at the other LE Spidermans you can see the same purple tint, in some pictures it is very hard to see but you can see it.

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah, it's definitely a reach, like i said - just something that was bubbling i my mind. mine is definitely purple, though. funny thing is, in artificial light at night, the purple all but vanishes, and he looks more black. weird.I spent about 10 minutes studying the figure in package today and it was definitely dark navy blue, no red in there that I could detect. I almost bought it too which would have given me a chance to see it out of package and determine, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it, I don't really like Venom and I certainly won't bother with one that's the wrong color.

to each their own, i just thought that the gaps in the red-and-blue was a detriment. plus he's just a bit too thin...I agree with you on all that, but the gray one's head is SO small and the figure is out of scale with the rest of the line.

his web pattern also goes astray from the pattern on spidey, so i guess he puts his own spin on the motif.Yeah, I noticed that on the webs on the boots of the figure I had in my hand today, I guess Topher's Eddie Brock reboots the look of the character based on his own take on things.

Oh, and on this matter:

while the above are in similar packaging, they're not considered part of the "spider-man 3 series" but the "classic series" - on the new movie figures, across the bottom of the bubble it says "spider-man 3" whereas on the guys noted above, the "3" is replaced by the spider-symbol.There's also no 3 on the right side spine, but they say "more Spider-Man 3 figures" on the cardback about all these villains - my guess is that's the error. Also, I picked up Doc Ock today at Target, the movie figures are on sale for $5.99 but the non-movie figures are $7.19, so there's another difference right there. They have different assortment numbers since they're "collection 2" in Hasbro's assortment system.

Jedi it isn't the lighting, if you look carefully at the other LE Spidermans you can see the same purple tint, in some pictures it is very hard to see but you can see it.It was the first and only one I saw, so no way to compare it. My thinking was cameras sometimes have trouble picking up black correctly which is why sometimes in the movies they'll make something purple to look black in the camera lens, it could be that it's really black and the camera sees it wrong as purple. I doubt I'll see it in person to verify this though, so for now it looks like it's really purple.

So, as I mentioned, I picked up Doc Ock today. This figure is alright, and the gimmick is more fun than I expected. The claws all move, the lower ones have 2 sets of hinges per "finger", and the lower tentacles are poseable via a wire inside. The figure's got the basic look of the character down, and the shoulders are surprisingly universal-joints instead of just swivels which they look like they'd be - nice hiding job Hasbro! :thumbsup: He's also in scale with Spidey which is keen. There's plenty to complain about too, though: the head is ball-jointed but designed so it can only swivel, waist of a ball joint, and the ball jointing for the head makes the neck look wrong for the character to boot. The paint scheme is too simplistic and the sculpt is a tad simple and soft. The upper tentacles aren't poseable, they're rubbery so you can move them but they won't stay put. The wrists really need articulation, I can live without elbows here but he needed at least that left wrist goin'. The left hip is not articulated due to it activating the gimmick, this wouldn't be a big deal if the figure weren't so damn hard to stand upright (the trick is to lean him slightly forward). And more of a nit, but I would have liked to see him come with an accessory, perhaps a ball of precious tridium and a money bag. Oh, and the packaging bio claims his tentacles are adamantium, but the movie never said that (though Doc Ock in the comic did have an adamantium set at one time). Overall, this is a decent and fun figure that could be better and shouldn't be so expensive, a tiny bit more work and he'd be a significantly better figure. Grade: C+

BountyHunterScum
03-30-2007, 12:23 PM
On ebay if you look closely you can see the purple hue. I hope I find the Icon Punisher soon.

JediTricks
03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Another nifty thing about the gimmick on Doc Ock, when activated it makes the tentacles move forward slightly - probably a side-effect more than an intended gimmick, but still keen.

The card back photo shows the tentacles looking pretty different, and they attribute the gimmick to the lower claws which is incorrect.

BountyHunterScum
04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Found this at the newer Walmart on parham road here in richmond.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0402071327.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0402071326.jpg

JediTricks
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow, not too shabby! How would you describe his color in person?

BountyHunterScum
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Wow, not too shabby! How would you describe his color in person?

He is that purplish color in person, his web trim isn't silver either it's more of a faint pale sky blue. They had a couple of cardboard displays of him they weren't huge but they had maybe 7 or 8 more. If I feel the need I may get another or a couple more chances are these won't be super rare. I have the normal version on this figure which is gunmetal grey with silver trim. I like the figure but he is definitely not black. His web accessory is chocolate brown oddly enough.

figrin bran
04-03-2007, 12:53 AM
I picked up the blue and red SA Spidey without having read JT's review. Fortunately, I lucked out and got one with pretty good paint apps on the emblem

darthvyn
04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
I spent about 10 minutes studying the figure in package today and it was definitely dark navy blue, no red in there that I could detect. I almost bought it too which would have given me a chance to see it out of package and determine, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it, I don't really like Venom and I certainly won't bother with one that's the wrong color.

well, agree to disagree... i see purple (and i went to art school. ;) )

Yeah, I noticed that on the webs on the boots of the figure I had in my hand today, I guess Topher's Eddie Brock reboots the look of the character based on his own take on things.

which is actually a cool thing, as recently the venom symbiote has had two other hosts in the comics, and each time the costume has appeared a bit different, giving the impression that the host plays a part in the design of the costume.

Oh, and on this matter:
There's also no 3 on the right side spine, but they say "more Spider-Man 3 figures" on the cardback about all these villains - my guess is that's the error.

yeah i remember that now... definitely an error.

And more of a nit, but I would have liked to see him come with an accessory, perhaps a ball of precious tridium and a money bag.

(it's tritium... ;) )

Oh, and the packaging bio claims his tentacles are adamantium, but the movie never said that (though Doc Ock in the comic did have an adamantium set at one time).

only in the "revenge of the sinister six" story arc in adjectiveless spider-man, written and drawn by erik larsen that i know of... other than that he commissioned them from the tinkerer (i think) but never got his hands on them until that story.

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Vyn, did you say Venom was purple?

Uh oh....

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2007, 04:34 PM
So far my favorites out of this line are the 2 SA spideys (black suit and regular suit), and Green Goblin. I think these 3 are the best detailed and sculpted out of the lot.

I have a Venom figure but haven't gotten around to opening it yet...so the jury is still out on that one.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
He is that purplish color in person, his web trim isn't silver either it's more of a faint pale sky blue. They had a couple of cardboard displays of him they weren't huge but they had maybe 7 or 8 more. If I feel the need I may get another or a couple more chances are these won't be super rare. I have the normal version on this figure which is gunmetal grey with silver trim. I like the figure but he is definitely not black. His web accessory is chocolate brown oddly enough.Wow, crazy coloring! Seems like Hasbro is all over the map there.

well, agree to disagree... i see purple (and i went to art school. ;) )Maybe you should go to EYE school. :D I was in Target yesterday and asked the folks I was with, they all said dark blue (one said "dark royal blue").

which is actually a cool thing, as recently the venom symbiote has had two other hosts in the comics, and each time the costume has appeared a bit different, giving the impression that the host plays a part in the design of the costume.Makes sense, though I suppose perhaps it's time that if Venom is going that route that he toss out the Spidey look altogether.

(it's tritium... ;) )No, if it were tritium it wouldn't have been so rare in the movie. :p (yes, I'm aware that I'm the one who made the argument that it's "precious tritium" to get by that in the first place :D )

BountyHunterScum
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't think Hasbro can read a map at all.

General_Grievous
04-26-2007, 11:02 PM
This is some amazing work by Sideshow. If I was a statue collector I'd definitely pick this up. But sadly I don't have the room or money, so that deluxe Hasbro version will have to do.

BountyHunterScum
04-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Anyone seen Red to Black Spiderman figure?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Anyone seen Red to Black Spiderman figure?

I believe I have. Is that the one with the ooze punching action and he's in the red suit?

Hit 10 Wal-marts today: not one of them had the exclusive Venom. Hey, awesome. :upset:

BountyHunterScum
04-27-2007, 12:25 PM
As far as I know this is a regular figure and it's package says "Red to Black Changing Spiderman".

JediTricks
04-27-2007, 11:20 PM
I haven't heard of that figure, haven't seen it, and I thought I had looked through all the basic figures that are out now.

BountyHunterScum
04-28-2007, 12:43 AM
I haven't heard of that figure, haven't seen it, and I thought I had looked through all the basic figures that are out now.

It and a couple of other figures aren't out yet apparently.

General_Grievous
04-28-2007, 12:10 PM
That figure is slated to come out soon. I found this pic online.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM

Good find, GG! Do you have any more info on other newer figures? Wave.....3 i think it would be??? :lipsrsealed:

BountyHunterScum
04-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Oh my god! Damn that thing is cool, Thanks General!!!!!!!! Where did you find it?

General_Grievous
04-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I actually found it here...

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/New_SpiderMan_3_Figures_Debut_105372.asp

The other figures in the wave suck. Two repaints and another gimmick Spider-Man. The Red-to-Black Spidey is the only good one in the wave.

I still haven't seen any official Hasbro pics of the maskless New Goblin, and I found him on day one.

BountyHunterScum
04-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I actually found it here...

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/New_SpiderMan_3_Figures_Debut_105372.asp

The other figures in the wave suck. Two repaints and another gimmick Spider-Man. The Red-to-Black Spidey is the only good one in the wave.

I still haven't seen any official Hasbro pics of the maskless New Goblin, and I found him on day one.

I have maskless goblin, talking about a sucky outfit this guy has millions and this is all he can conjure up. Thanks for the link. Now I'm going to wonder how the symbiote piece turns him all black, it says attach it then he'll turn black.

General_Grievous
04-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Really? I thought it was just painted half-red, half-black. This actually sounds pretty cool.

BountyHunterScum
04-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Really? I thought it was just painted half-red, half-black. This actually sounds pretty cool.

The description on the page says the accessory turns him from red to black the liquid "flows" across his chest. In my opinion if this figure really does that it will trump all of the other figures.

"Spider-Man (Transforming)
Faced with a raging New Goblin and the nearly invulnerable Sandman, Spider-Man is more than happy for the extra power granted him by this new costume. He doesn't know where it came from, and he doesn't care, as long as it helps him win. Little does he know, however, that what he thinks of as some kind of enhanced costume is actually an alien that is slowly taking over his mind!
Articulated action figure changes from red to black. Just attach the snap-on symbiote attack pieces! There’s even symbiote fluid that “flows” across Spider-Man’s chest! Detailed and posable, this is one friendly neighborhood action figure to add to your collection!"

JediTricks
04-29-2007, 04:03 PM
It and a couple of other figures aren't out yet apparently.That'd explain it.

That figure is slated to come out soon. I found this pic online.Pretty crazy! Not at all what I was thinking either, I expected some sort of "put in freezer and it turns black" sort of thing. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I have maskless goblin, talking about a sucky outfit this guy has millions and this is all he can conjure up. Thanks for the link. Now I'm going to wonder how the symbiote piece turns him all black, it says attach it then he'll turn black.

Yeah, i have that Goblin too along with that Venom as well. Wait, this IS the web capture web Venom, right? I think that's him cos i got him. I'm just curious when these two new Spidey figures, Transforming and web hook are due out in retail. I have enough time rummaging through the barrage of figures already. bah!

I'm really excited about this transforming figure! Makes me wonder how they'll make the symbiote flow each time you put it on/off him. Should be interesting and I hope hasbro doesn't mess it up.

Oh, my mum called yesterday; she was at wally world and snagged the exclusive Venom for me. So, it's out there, keep your eyes peeled! :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
05-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, i have that Goblin too along with that Venom as well. Wait, this IS the web capture web Venom, right? I think that's him cos i got him. I'm just curious when these two new Spidey figures, Transforming and web hook are due out in retail. I have enough time rummaging through the barrage of figures already. bah!

I'm really excited about this transforming figure! Makes me wonder how they'll make the symbiote flow each time you put it on/off him. Should be interesting and I hope hasbro doesn't mess it up.

Oh, my mum called yesterday; she was at wally world and snagged the exclusive Venom for me. So, it's out there, keep your eyes peeled! :thumbsup:

The Walmart semi closest to me still hasn't got any of the LE Spidermans at all. I may have to go to Parham Walmart again to see if they have them still. I'll definitely snag a couple of those LE Venoms or so. I went to BK today and got a coupe of Spidey figs, one of them was mask of spiderman with cloth mask. I'm hoping to get the Menacing Venom, Both Black Spidermans and the remaining two red ones.

darthvyn
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM

at this point i've decided to not even try to find the walmart exclusives. i hate walmart so much, and after trying several times/stores to find these things only to find that they hadn't even RECEIVED THEM yet, it's just too frustrating. so i decided that i'm not going to purchase them. it's not worth wading through the dregs of humanity just to get a few pieces of plastic that i don't need, only to find that they don't have them.

BountyHunterScum
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
UH OH UH OH UH OH!!!!!!!!!!! Transforming Color Change Spidey is about to come out it's now on Hasbro's site!!!!!!!! Should be a week most likely less. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

DarthBrandon
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
The Walmart semi closest to me still hasn't got any of the LE Spidermans at all. I may have to go to Parham Walmart again to see if they have them still. I'll definitely snag a couple of those LE Venoms or so. I went to BK today and got a coupe of Spidey figs, one of them was mask of spiderman with cloth mask. I'm hoping to get the Menacing Venom, Both Black Spidermans and the remaining two red ones.

They have tons of them here in Canada, but for almost double the price for a different card & no extras it's not worth it to me.

BountyHunterScum
05-03-2007, 07:52 PM
They have tons of them here in Canada, but for almost double the price for a different card & no extras it's not worth it to me.

I went to BK today in the hopes of getting the two black spideys and venom or light up red spidey I ended up with 3 cloth mask spidermans so I either am going to keep trying or flat out give up.

BountyHunterScum
05-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Alert! Limited Venom is out, I found a cardboard holder with pretty much all slots filled. I bought my few.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Alert! Limited Venom is out, I found a cardboard holder with pretty much all slots filled. I bought my few.

I spotted an entire display of them last night after seeing the flick.

Also, where did you see the color change spidey on the hasbro site? I didn't see it.

BountyHunterScum
05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I spotted an entire display of them last night after seeing the flick.

Also, where did you see the color change spidey on the hasbro site? I didn't see it.

Go to hasbro's main site then click on brands then spider-man. It's in that picture list. It's synopsis it's exactly like cool toy review's. Word for word.

Jayspawn
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Now that the movie is out, I've noticed that all the New Goblins are missing from toy shelves.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Now that the movie is out, I've noticed that all the New Goblins are missing from toy shelves.

Yeah, I noticed that. In fact, i noticed at the few wally worlds I stopped at that the SM figures have been selling really well since the flick came out. Keeping my eyes peeled for those new Spidey figs! :thumbsup:

LTBasker
05-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I was tempted to buy the LE Venom figure since I loved how they handled Venom so much...then I scanned it and it showed $9.99. What makes this so special aside from black paint?

BountyHunterScum
05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
I was tempted to buy the LE Venom figure since I loved how they handled Venom so much...then I scanned it and it showed $9.99. What makes this so special aside from black paint?

Thats basically the only reason, it's metallic black/navy and it's Walmart only.

darthvyn
05-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Thats basically the only reason, it's metallic black/navy and it's Walmart only.

and the different packaging.

BountyHunterScum
05-07-2007, 05:18 PM
and the different packaging.

Yep, it has the same capture web. I still need to put Venom in sunlight to see if he's really black or blue.

BountyHunterScum
05-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Exclusive Venom is actually Metallic Dark Blue.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2007, 04:46 PM
BBTS posted pre-orders for the next wave (s) of figures. I'm going to link directly to the pagse that have the large pictures on them as I don't want to save each image to my photobucket account and link them. Some of these are the ones we've known about, some aren't.

Goblin with Pull Back & Go Attack- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13466&mode=retail&picture=out

Sandman with smashing hand punch- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13461&mode=retail&picture=out

Spider-man with breaking sand hand- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13463&mode=retail&picture=out

Spider-man with glow in the dark web- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13464&mode=retail&picture=out

Spider-man with retractable webline- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13460&mode=retail&picture=out

Spider-man with symbiote damage (i'm assuming this is the color change) - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13465&mode=retail&picture=out

Venom with spider man capture web (i might be wrong, but does this venom look, dare I say it, black??)- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13462&mode=retail&picture=out

I ahead and ordered mine, just for kicks. I remember the later waves of the SM and SM2 figures were kinda hard to find in my areas. Plus, if I find them, I can just cancel my pre-orders as BBTS doesn't charge you. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Goblin with Pull Back & Go Attack- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13466&mode=retail&picture=out
Weak! Same as first New Goblin but with a different glider.

Sandman with smashing hand punch- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13461&mode=retail&picture=out
Lame! None of these Sandman toys seem any good to me.

Spider-man with breaking sand hand- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13463&mode=retail&picture=out
Uhhhh... what?

Spider-man with glow in the dark web- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13464&mode=retail&picture=out
Ah darnit, that deco looks pretty good, darker than the current version of that SA mold. He should really have another accessory though, clip-on webs would be my choice.

Spider-man with retractable webline- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13460&mode=retail&picture=out
Oh boy, another goofy web gimmick.

Spider-man with symbiote damage (i'm assuming this is the color change) - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13465&mode=retail&picture=out
Looks like he fought in a tar pit, looks awful. I don't think this is the transforming one with the color change.

Venom with spider man capture web (i might be wrong, but does this venom look, dare I say it, black??)- http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13462&mode=retail&picture=out
Yeah, it does, hopefully it is and the eyes (which I believe are glow in the dark) don't come off too green.

Honestly, this is as poor a wave as any company could have done.

BountyHunterScum
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
That is not color change spider-man, if you compare the color change figure pic to this splatter damage they are not the same. Color change has no damage on him at all period.

darthvyn
05-11-2007, 09:18 AM

that's pretty annoying, especially since it's the same accessory. oh, well, looks like i'll be getting one figure from this wave.

El Chuxter
05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
So Hasbro released an exclusive metallic repaint on a special card at an inflated price?

Where'd they come up with that idea?

BountyHunterScum
05-11-2007, 12:00 PM
The newer Venom has glowing eyes and teeth it looks like.

BountyHunterScum
05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Hardly anyone has Red to Black Spider-Man mentioned on their sites. Marvelous News arrogantly says their Spidey 3 database is complete or some such s**t. Get a move on Hasbro I ain't got all year.

BountyHunterScum
05-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Limited Venom, In all of his Navy Blue glory.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/LeVenom3.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/LeVenom2.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/LEVenom.jpg

General_Grievous
05-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Finally found the LE Venom. I really like it. I never thought a new paint job could drastically improve a figure, but it does the trick nicely. It's way better than the purple version.

figrin bran
05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I have a question about the Burger King Spidey toys...

so they are in foil packaging which led me to believe that perhaps they're blind packaged. however, on both visits i made this week, i got the Fists of Fury Sandman. Either they're not blind packaged and there's only 1 or 2 different toys per week or else i defied the odds by getting the same one twice.

BountyHunterScum
05-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I have a question about the Burger King Spidey toys...

so they are in foil packaging which led me to believe that perhaps they're blind packaged. however, on both visits i made this week, i got the Fists of Fury Sandman. Either they're not blind packaged and there's only 1 or 2 different toys per week or else i defied the odds by getting the same one twice.

I have discovered it's two a week, 10 toys divided by 2 a week makes sense. 5 weeks 2 toys per week equals 10 toys.

JediTricks
05-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Steve just posted pics of Black Cat and Shocker:
http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=1341

Shocker looks pretty good, no yellow on his pants and the yellow they used is really vibrant and he has no lenses in the cowl, but the sculpt looks nifty none the less. I'll likely get this.

Black Cat is a weird one, she has a tiny mask, creepy open eyes, her hair is in a bad-looking pony tail, she's kinda saggy for this character, and they messed up her outfit at the boots, collar, and gloves. Never the less, this is one of those characters you almost can't not like and the figure should fill out the Hasbro Spideyverse nicely, so I'll probably get her too.

darthvyn
05-22-2007, 06:38 PM
huh... interesting...

i have the shocker from the amazing spider-man line, (which despite the limited arm articulation is an AWESOME figure...) so i won't need this one, although it is a different scale, which must have been part of their reasoning.

black cat is dissapointing. she should be much hotter than that, but of course, we're talking about has"monkeyface leia"bro here. oh, well.

Rocketboy
05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Good lord, Black Cat has a GINORMOUS package!

shocker...*giggle*

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Wait, didn't we get a Shocker figure a bit ago for the SMC wave? I'll get BC just to complete my non spidey figures, but her pose makes her look like she's dropping a deuce. Bah.

BountyHunterScum
05-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Wait, didn't we get a Shocker figure a bit ago for the SMC wave? I'll get BC just to complete my non spidey figures, but her pose makes her look like she's dropping a deuce. Bah.

Gotta squat in the boonies sometime. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Good lord, Black Cat has a GINORMOUS package!You are a sick one, but yeah, no kidding! :p My guess is she's another diaper-wearing gimmick figure a la ROTS 1 and 2 (obi-wan & ani).

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 02:14 AM
I saw a new deluxe Sandman figure at Target yesterday, he was kind of torn up and had a hole punched through his chest.

BountyHunterScum
06-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I saw a new deluxe Sandman figure at Target yesterday, he was kind of torn up and had a hole punched through his chest.

I've seen that a few times, I'm waiting impatiently for Color Changing Red to Black Spider-Man. :crazed:

Beast
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
The info about the 6" Marvel Legends Spider-Man Series has finally been released. :)
No pictures yet, but I bet we'll be seeing them in the next couple days. :D

The 411: Marvel Legends Spider-Man Movie Figures
Posted by D_Martin on June 4, 2007 at 03:45 PM CST:
Back when we reported about this wave back in February, we had it a little tiny bit messed up. Back then we were under the impression that the build a figure was a mystery and the list of figures we had needed to be collected in order to build this mysterious rogue. Well, we were partially right anyhow. You do need to buy them all in order to build the figure, but it isn't such a mystery in the sense of who the character is. Turns out he was right there in front of our faces the entire time...

Sandman
Sandman looks fairly standard for the character. The likeness is close and passible, but is more Sandman than Thomas Hayden Church. THe figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, swivel wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. In the image we've seen, he has sand arms. The left hand is a big sandy fist and the right is a spiked mace.

Venom
Sorry kids, the Marvel Legends scaled Venom is purple. Beyond that, the figure does look better than the smaller version. The web deco is a bit more scattered like it was in the film, and the costume texture is much more subtle. Venom features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, ball jointed ankles, and a huge tongue.

New Goblin
While it is hard to tell, there is a good chance that this figure features a removable mask and removable arm blades. Harry comes with his hover board and a loose fit belt that displays nicely over the leg articulation. The New Goblin figure features ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, ball jointed ankles, and possibly a ball jointed head.

Mary Jane Watson
The MJ figure, like the Sandman figure, is easily passible as the character, but doesn't have a perfect Kirsten Dunst likeness (which isn't a bad thing). The figure comes on a small circular display base that is sculpted to look like a wooden floor with piles of sand on it. Also, she comes with a large plank of wood. The character is sculpted in a dark brown go-go boots and a light brown dress that falls about mid thigh, making it impossible to judge what sort of hip articulation it has. Of what articulation is visible, MJ features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, swivel wrists, ball jointed torso, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. Like other figures in the line with long hair, chances are good the head articulation will be limited.

Spider-Man (symbiote)
This figure looks really cool. While not 100% film accurate, it does pull off the costume pretty well, and the body sculpt is very well done. Think Quicksilver's body type, but completely re-sculpted to match the Hasbro articulation. The black Spidey features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles.

Classic Spider-Man
This is where trouble comes into paradise. THis figure is a rehash of what was originally Toybiz's Super Articulated Spider-Man from their Spider-Man 2 line. This version of the figure is identical, save with black where the former was blue. All things considered, it is a great sculpt though, so it's ideal for anyone who missed out the first time.

Dr. Octopus and Green Goblin
Fear not true believers, this isn't a two pack. These will both come out single carded, but they are both rehashes based on the Toybiz sculpts that Hasbro used in the Spider-Man Origins two packs. Expect them to be repainted, but beyond that not all that exciting. The kids will love 'em though, and really that is who toys are made for...

BUILD A FIGURE Sandman
OK, now this is really cool. This is a figure of Sandman in action. THis thing could not fit into a blister-card. No way. This version of Sandman isn't quite humanoid, but close. It looks like the scene where he's putting himself back together. This figure even trumps The Blob when it coms to BAFs.
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/The_411_Marvel_Legends_SpiderMan_Movie_Figures_106 476.asp

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I've seen that a few times, I'm waiting impatiently for Color Changing Red to Black Spider-Man. :crazed:
Me too.

Man, they have some f'ing nerve putting out 6" figures and half of them aren't even new.

BountyHunterScum
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Me too.

Man, they have some f'ing nerve putting out 6" figures and half of them aren't even new.

Hasbro has alot of nerve period like not updating their shop site server to handle a crapload of traffic.

General_Grievous
06-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Okay. I have to do this.

WHY THE F*** IS THE MARVEL LEGENDS VENOM PURPLE, HASBRO??? ARE YOU COLOR BLIND???

Because of that, I don't think I'll pick up the six inch figures.

Beast
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay. I have to do this.

WHY THE F*** IS THE MARVEL LEGENDS VENOM PURPLE, HASBRO??? ARE YOU COLOR BLIND???

Because of that, I don't think I'll pick up the six inch figures.
According to someone I know who works in the industry from another board, it's due to Marvel. They wanted to ensure kids can differentiate between Venom and Symbiote Spider-Man. So they insisted that all Venom merchandise has to be purple instead of black. Remember, cause kids are stupid. They can memorize a few hundred pokemon characters and their powers, but they somehow can't tell the difference between Venom and Black-Costume Spider-Man. Yeah, it's dumb. But what do you expect from the same company that won't allow Beast and Nightcrawler to be in the same movie because it would be confusing. :p

Rocketboy
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
According to someone I know who works in the industry from another board, it's due to Marvel. They wanted to ensure kids can differentiate between Venom and Symbiote Spider-Man. So they insisted that all Venom merchandise has to be purple instead of black. Remember, cause kids are stupid. They can memorize a few hundred pokemon characters and their powers, but they somehow can't tell the difference between Venom and Black-Costume Spider-Man. Yeah, it's dumb. But what do you expect from the same company that won't allow Beast and Nightcrawler to be in the same movie because it would be confusing. :pYeah, and because Spidey had that big mouth full of pointy teeth. :rolleyes:

Beast
06-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, and because Spidey had that big mouth full of pointy teeth. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Marvel is stupid. But it's hardly the first time they did this sorta thing.

Of course, I can't complain too much. They're bringing Barnell Bohusk back. :D

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey, I was confused in X3. I kept thinking, "Why is Nightcrawler working for the president now?" And, "What happened to the German accent? Why does he sound like Sideshow Bob now?" I had to watch it three times before I figured out that wasn't Nightcrawler.

BountyHunterScum
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
According to someone I know who works in the industry from another board, it's due to Marvel. They wanted to ensure kids can differentiate between Venom and Symbiote Spider-Man. So they insisted that all Venom merchandise has to be purple instead of black. Remember, cause kids are stupid. They can memorize a few hundred pokemon characters and their powers, but they somehow can't tell the difference between Venom and Black-Costume Spider-Man. Yeah, it's dumb. But what do you expect from the same company that won't allow Beast and Nightcrawler to be in the same movie because it would be confusing. :p

Some kids these days yes are very stupid but when I was a kid I knew which one was which. Venom was the muscular bulky Spider-Man like dude with the mouth and so on. Black suited Spidey wasn't so built. Venom also had a blue "shadow" on him all of the time. I still have my Toybiz 15" Venom and Hulk from the early 90's. I didn't get Spider-Man but later on found a Punisher mail away at a local comic store and still have it to this day.

darthvyn
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
okay, so the fact that they're going back to a 6" line for spidey is kind of annoying... but i didn't really buy that many of the smaller guys anyway. this looks like a set i'd pick up, that BAF sounds cool, and if we get a decent MJ figure out of it, that's cool too. the MJ from the original movie line was horrid.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, it's really hard to sell kids a black-costume Spidey figure. :rolleyes: So the f what if they can't tell it's Venom and not Spidey? Guess what, they're still gonna buy it! Way to think Marvel!

Beast
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
There's pics of Series 4 of Spider-Man over at MarvelousNews.Com. :)

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=10963

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I was about to badmouth that entire wave for being way too many rehashes until I saw this: http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FSM3%2F5_Inch_Wave_4%2F&pic=05S3SM.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0
Granted, Hasbro's going to probably use black string and ruin it, but I've wanted them to do something like that with Spidey forever, web lines coming from his actual HANDS!

What the hell is going on here? http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FSM3%2F5_Inch_Wave_4%2F&pic=S3VenJaw.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
Something is very strange with that figure, first off it's got a hinged jaw and pop-up head, then there's the semi-exposed feet, the rippling symbiote styling, and there seems to be no mention of the figure in their listing.

Beast
06-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah, the Webline Spider-Man is pretty cool.

As for the Venom... Ooze Attack Venom Symbiote Transformation.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13630&mode=retail

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
What peeves me about this wave 4 nonsense is how they're not doing just a new batch of figures, they're repacking them with old ones. Here is the listing for wave 4 via BBTS and what I already have:

Super-Articulated Spider-Man *have*
Zip-Line Spider-Man *have*
Sandman *have*
Retractable Web-Line Spider-Man,
Sand-Hand Breakout Spider-Man,
Spider-Man with web line action
Venom with firing web launchers
Black Costume Spider-Man with suction web *have*
New Goblin with battle damage

and they're not offering BD Goblin solo? Yeah, i'll wait to find him at retail. The new ooze attack figures look decent, but i'm not sure about that Venom. I'll have to go through and change around my pre-orders to ensure I don't get extra figures. I would just wait to find them at retail, but I remember the later waves of SM and SM2 were hard to get at retail as by the time they got released, popularity had died down a bit and they were harder to find. Hm. :upset:

Beast
06-07-2007, 10:58 AM
The BD Goblin was up on BBTS. Lemme look again. Hmm...

Crap... they must have sold out of their allocation for pre-orders.

General_Grievous
06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
That hinged jaw Venom looks worse than a Happy Meal toy.

darthvyn
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
What the hell is going on here? http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FSM3%2F5_Inch_Wave_4%2F&pic=S3VenJaw.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
Something is very strange with that figure, first off it's got a hinged jaw and pop-up head, then there's the semi-exposed feet, the rippling symbiote styling, and there seems to be no mention of the figure in their listing.

wow, yeah... what the hell is going on here indeed... he looks like those ghostbuster toys that had "scared out of my mind" action where you squeezed their legs together and their eyes popped out of their heads.

and he looks like he's wearing slacks.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 07:46 PM
wow, yeah... what the hell is going on here indeed... he looks like those ghostbuster toys that had "scared out of my mind" action where you squeezed their legs together and their eyes popped out of their heads.

and he looks like he's wearing slacks.
Dang, that's a very good description, right down to the slacks. I also don't like how his shoulders and hips are sculpted so lazily.

Luuuuuuke
06-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I've gotten tired of going to Wal-Mart and getting excited after seeing 10 Hasbro cases only to realize they have "SPD" written on them. How much Spiderman crap can they possibly stock?

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
WM seems to have picked Spidey as their summer favorite, they went hog wild with that product even over hot-selling SW and new-movie Transformers. They also to a lesser degree went nuts with Pirates of the Caribbean but they started way too early and let that taper off.

General_Grievous
06-08-2007, 08:20 PM
A funny thing is going on with the Spidey 3 toys in my neck of the woods. All of the movie villains are gone, and all that's left are gimmick Spider-Men and Rhinos. Pretty lame to look at.

BountyHunterScum
07-04-2007, 05:50 PM
The Spider-Man figure I want the most still isn't out yet. I'm wondering if it's ever going to come out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-04-2007, 06:07 PM
The Spider-Man figure I want the most still isn't out yet. I'm wondering if it's ever going to come out.

I didn't think i'd find it at retail so I bought it online. It's in my pre-order stash so it won't ship until I want it, but i remembered how hard it was to find the later waves of Spidey 1 and 2 figures at retail and decided to go via online. I'll keep my eyes pulled for it, but i know my store isn't moving many spidey 3 figures these days.

BountyHunterScum
07-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I didn't think i'd find it at retail so I bought it online. It's in my pre-order stash so it won't ship until I want it, but i remembered how hard it was to find the later waves of Spidey 1 and 2 figures at retail and decided to go via online. I'll keep my eyes pulled for it, but i know my store isn't moving many spidey 3 figures these days.

What figure are you talking about?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-04-2007, 08:27 PM
What figure are you talking about?

The symbiote figure where you put the symbiote to his chest and he changes color cos if memory serves, that was the one you were excited about.

BountyHunterScum
07-04-2007, 09:49 PM
The symbiote figure where you put the symbiote to his chest and he changes color cos if memory serves, that was the one you were excited about.

Hell yeah that's the one I want bad. Where did you preorder it?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Hell yeah that's the one I want bad. Where did you preorder it?

BigBadToystore.com. It's $14.99 which is a bit pricey, but factor in how many stores you might have to hit and it's a decent price. I do about 98% of my toy ordering with BBTS including ALL of my SW stuff. VERY awesome store. Here is a link right to him: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13465&mode=retail :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
07-04-2007, 10:37 PM
BigBadToystore.com. It's $14.99 which is a bit pricey, but factor in how many stores you might have to hit and it's a decent price. I do about 98% of my toy ordering with BBTS including ALL of my SW stuff. VERY awesome store. Here is a link right to him: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13465&mode=retail :thumbsup:

Thats the wrong figure. The color change has zero damage on him.

figrin bran
07-05-2007, 03:05 AM
I saw the Midnight Stealth Spidey at WM the other day as well as one that came with 2 giant Sandman hands.

BountyHunterScum
07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I saw the newest Spider-Man 3 stuff at walmart today. That symbiote splatter damage figure is absolutely not the color changing Spider-Man. I hope they release it though. $20 says they'll go cheapskate heaven on it then release it.

JediTricks
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Did they have Spidey with the web strings from both hands?

Beast
07-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I saw the new stuff today also. Including a black Venom. Did Marvel cave on the color?

BountyHunterScum
07-11-2007, 11:01 PM
The newest Venom is black with glow in the dark eyes and teeth. Do you have a picture of web string hands spidey? Did you mean this figure?

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=19225

JediTricks
07-11-2007, 11:04 PM
No, I mean this one, which I see says "wave 4" on it now: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13628&mode=retail

BountyHunterScum
07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
No, I mean this one, which I see says "wave 4" on it now: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13628&mode=retail

Oh ok, I don't remember seeing that. sorry.

Beast
07-11-2007, 11:24 PM
The newest Venom is black with glow in the dark eyes and teeth.
Yeah, he looked really cool in fact. I almost bought him. :D

BountyHunterScum
07-11-2007, 11:49 PM
I probably will buy him but I had a crapload of Hotwheels and a JL 1:24 67 GT500 in the cart so I didn't want to spend too much.

BountyHunterScum
07-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Any new Spidey figs showing up?

BountyHunterScum
08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I bought the new 360 Unleashed Spidey. Nice figure fully articulated. I also read on the Marvel forum some people b-tching about these figures. Hasbro can't please some people no matter what apparently. Hey Hasbro read this and make an Unleashed 360 Red to Black color changing Spider-Man HAHAHA.

General_Grievous
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I bought the new 360 Unleashed Spidey. Nice figure fully articulated. I also read on the Marvel forum some people b-tching about these figures. Hasbro can't please some people no matter what apparently. Hey Hasbro read this and make an Unleashed 360 Red to Black color changing Spider-Man HAHAHA.

How tall is the Unleashed Spidey, James?

BountyHunterScum
08-02-2007, 06:31 PM
How tall is the Unleashed Spidey, James?

He looks like he could be at least 8 inches

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0802071825.jpg

General_Grievous
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Damn, that's way out of scale. I was hoping that I could pick up the Unleashed figures as a substitute for the cruddy Marvel Legends Spidey 3 figures.

BountyHunterScum
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I provided a photo...... I guess you saw it already.

General_Grievous
08-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Just so you know, they're coming out with Unleashed versions of Black Spidey, Venom, Sandman, and the New Goblin. They all look good except Sandman.

BountyHunterScum
08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Just so you know, they're coming out with Unleashed versions of Black Spidey, Venom, Sandman, and the New Goblin. They all look good except Sandman.

I plan on getting Venom and Black Spidey. They are even making Scorpion from the Spider-Man 3 game too. As well as an alien looking Mysterio. Vulture might be from Spider-Man 1 game. I hated that level.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FSM3%2F5_Inch_Wave_6%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FUnleashed_360%2FSeries_1%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I really liked the look of the Unleashed 360 at Comic-Con, didn't know they were out already. They seem to be based on the GI Joe Sigma 6 body, so that'd be around 8". New Goblin on his sky stick was totally sideways by Sunday at the show though, that stand is worthless just like all the other Unleashed stuff, but the footpegs also weren't big enough.

Picked up GITD Venom super-articulated at WM last week in San Diego, the glowing looks really good but the paint is sloppy. Still, glad to have a black-paint Venom instead of purple, and glowing rules. I spotted another Venom there who had been packed with his lower torso completely 180 so his butt was in the front like President Skroob in Spaceballs. :D

From the 5" line at SDCC, they had some new figs but not all, it's a good mix but the Venom with the lifty head looks so bad it's hard to believe it got approved.

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2007, 12:47 AM
They need to release my color changing spidey and p*ss off afterward. Better yet hand me the prototype and I'll never talk about it ever again except to gloat.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Their protos are pretty rank, you wouldn't like the results with 'em I bet, busted parts and sloppy paint sometimes, or immobile joints.

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Their protos are pretty rank, you wouldn't like the results with 'em I bet, busted parts and sloppy paint sometimes, or immobile joints. I was being a smartass anyway, I hope it gets released though. I have a hunch that it won't see production.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
What wave is it due in, 4? I would be a little surprised if it doesn't see production, the concept is aiming a little over the line's head but at this stage they have retailers who have prepurchased the product, they're pretty far along in the progress.

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2007, 10:34 PM
What wave is it due in, 4? I would be a little surprised if it doesn't see production, the concept is aiming a little over the line's head but at this stage they have retailers who have prepurchased the product, they're pretty far along in the progress.

It's not listed in any of the lines at all. Hasbro may have realized that beauty is beyond their ability and scrapped it.

JediTricks
08-07-2007, 03:17 AM
That could be. I noticed it wasn't at SDCC booth.

BountyHunterScum
08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
The Spider-Man 3 line failed because Color Changer Spidey wasn't released. lol Probably true anyway.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Yeah, it's not the high price or the incredibly repetitive use of certain characters or the fact that the main character can't move as well as he should. :p

BountyHunterScum
08-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Yeah, it's not the high price or the incredibly repetitive use of certain characters or the fact that the main character can't move as well as he should. :p

It's because hasho sucks and wouldn't know good strategy if it took off it's top showed hasho it's huge bazookas and started to dance.

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I called Hasbro customer service she girl said her computer shows it started shipping in april. I told her I have never seen it in stores or on ebay and that it isnt anywhere to be found and that she may want to inform the execs about it. She asked for my name and number and she'll call me when she finds out more, I'm also not the only one who has called about this figure. Toobad I wasn't the first one maybe they'd send me a few of them. I might have been the person who got the ball rolling though maybe.

BountyHunterScum
08-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Hasbro just confirmed my suspicions.

Subject Red to Black Changing Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread Response (Kerry Bronson) 08/28/2007 04:13 PM Hi James,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

The Red to Black Changing Spider-Man has been dropped from our product line.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-28-2007, 06:37 PM
AH, crap on a cracker!!! :upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

Looked damned good too. So, I guess that's it for the regular SM3 figures then. I only need to grab that SM3 ML MJ and i'm done with that line. I refuse to get the new ones as I already have the regular SM3 figures, why should I rebuy them?

Thanks for the update though, James! :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
AH, crap on a cracker!!! :upset::upset::upset::upset::upset:

Looked damned good too. So, I guess that's it for the regular SM3 figures then. I only need to grab that SM3 ML MJ and i'm done with that line. I refuse to get the new ones as I already have the regular SM3 figures, why should I rebuy them?

Thanks for the update though, James! :thumbsup:

Anytime, F YOU HASBRO! HAHAHAHAHA I will pick up 10" black spidey and venom then 360 black spidey and venom then i'm out permanently f hasbro.

Beast
08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm sure you've all seen all these before. But I figured, what the heck.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Hi_Rez_SpiderMan_Gallery_108462.asp

BountyHunterScum
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm sure you've all seen all these before. But I figured, what the heck.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Hi_Rez_SpiderMan_Gallery_108462.asp

Yeah I saw those, the two spideys and scorpion look alright. Scorpion is from the SM3 game.

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Couldn't even give Rhino redux friggin' ankle articulation he so badly needs?!?

I keep seeing that Unleashed regular Spidey at TRU and being tempted, then I see his awful shoulders and put him back. Hasbro sucks so bad at this line.

BountyHunterScum
08-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Couldn't even give Rhino redux friggin' ankle articulation he so badly needs?!?

I keep seeing that Unleashed regular Spidey at TRU and being tempted, then I see his awful shoulders and put him back. Hasbro sucks so bad at this line.

I'll probably get 2 two unleashed and 2 more 10" both black spiderman and venom then call it quits for the SM3 stuff.

JediTricks
08-30-2007, 05:00 AM
I can't see spending $20 on figures so close to decent that have such an ugly flaw in them. I can somehow see spending $15 on them though. Weird, right?

BountyHunterScum
08-30-2007, 03:53 PM
I can't see spending $20 on figures so close to decent that have such an ugly flaw in them. I can somehow see spending $15 on them though. Weird, right?

Not really weird the 360's spidey had looks too round to be realistic anyway. If black spidey and venom look right i'll get them, same with the 10" figs.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm just wondering if this means the SM3 line is FINISHED or not?? I've had two figures: Web Launching Venom and Webline Spidey on pre-order for months and have heard nada.

BountyHunterScum
09-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm just wondering if this means the SM3 line is FINISHED or not?? I've had two figures: Web Launching Venom and Webline Spidey on pre-order for months and have heard nada.

DEAD is more the appropriate word. The line is over, I say cut your losses and run.

BountyHunterScum
09-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Not really weird the 360's spidey had looks too round to be realistic anyway. If black spidey and venom look right i'll get them, same with the 10" figs.

What I meant was 360 Spidey's head looks too round from a certain angle.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2007, 10:25 PM
so, I e-mailed hasbro this week asking about those two figures and I got the heave ho about how they don't know anything and they can't give out information on new figures. So, I e-mail them back, get snooty, inform them I know they CAN figure these issues out and blah blah blah blah. As i'm awaiting a reply, I check my e-mail and I see I have one from BBTS informing me that those two figures came in and have them. lol oops! :thumbsup:

No sightings of that BD Goblin though. BBTS has the whole set of figures that includes him, but I already have them, so il'l have to wait and find him single carded. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-21-2007, 12:16 AM
One of the WMs I hit had a mountain of metalized Spidey, New Goblin, and a few Sandmans. Spidey looked good but it appears the paint comes off easy, the 3 I looked at in person all had issues. WM also had half of the 6" ML Spidey line, none of the good ones though. :p

At TRU and WM, I picked up the SM3 5" Black Cat, Shocker, and Acrobatics Spidey (web lines permanently inside his fists).

Black Cat is alright, but has a few issues - she's sculpted like she has scoliosis or is thrusting her chest WAY out, it works for action poses but sucks for standing poses.
Her eyes are painted WIDE open, it's creepy. They gave her universal-jointed shoulders and hips, and double-jointed knees, but no rotation joints in the arms or legs which is a bit of a drawback, and no waist articulation. Her cat is funny, as big as another figure, push down and his head raises slightly, let go and he springs forward a little.

Shocker is pretty good, well-articulated, and he can actually stand holding those giant clip-on blasters (with a little work).

Acrobatics Spidey, I've been waiting for this one. Basically, it's super-articulated Spidey except the arms are cut joints and out to the sides, no elbow articulation, and there's a string running through the hands into the torso - hold the string and he slides down to the other end. It's not the most exciting gimmick, and the ends of the string are oversized web plastic pieces with large suction cups, but it's kinda fun to swing him about back and forth. The string is about 3' long and they actually did it silvery gray like his webbing usually is instead of giving us black string like they usually do. I'm really glad Spidey's arms can rotate, and his forearms rotate too, it's not perfect but it is very Spidey. Leaving the rest of his body as the SA pieces was a smart call, the SA design for this line isn't as good as 6" but it's vital for a webswinging Spider-man.

BountyHunterScum
10-21-2007, 11:52 AM
One of the WMs I hit had a mountain of metalized Spidey, New Goblin, and a few Sandmans. Spidey looked good but it appears the paint comes off easy, the 3 I looked at in person all had issues. WM also had half of the 6" ML Spidey line, none of the good ones though. :p

At TRU and WM, I picked up the SM3 5" Black Cat, Shocker, and Acrobatics Spidey (web lines permanently inside his fists).

Black Cat is alright, but has a few issues - she's sculpted like she has scoliosis or is thrusting her chest WAY out, it works for action poses but sucks for standing poses.
Her eyes are painted WIDE open, it's creepy. They gave her universal-jointed shoulders and hips, and double-jointed knees, but no rotation joints in the arms or legs which is a bit of a drawback, and no waist articulation. Her cat is funny, as big as another figure, push down and his head raises slightly, let go and he springs forward a little.

Black Cat has big boobies too so she can thrust them out all she wants. HAAHAHAHAHAHA I did see some of the ML Spidey figs last week, they were nice but since spiderman stuff is on my ****-list at this moment I didn't bother considering the purchase.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM
anybody heard about the Battle Damaged New Goblin or if it's out yet/still coming out? Just curious.

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Guess I shouldn't post here anymore since I'm done with spiderman stuff for now therefore don't know anything. lol

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, they really amped up Black Cat's chest, the prototype didn't look this ridiculous, and she's arching her back to make it even worse.

Well, I saw even more new figs in this line, Mysterio, Scorpion (v2), and dark Rhino. Rhino is shameful, literally just a darker version of the first pegwarming POS. Mysterio is disappointing, no gimmicks, just a split-up-the-sides robe (what is this, POTF2 circa 1997?) and a base, I passed. Scorpion is 100% different from the previous, which I've still never bought, but I bought this even though it looks more like a GI Joe reject (it makes him an interesting baddie for Spidey to beat up) - I should have saved my money, he's kinda lame.

I saw ML-scale regular Spidey, MAN did Hasbro screw up that figure! I have the original version Toy Biz released, it had a dark paint scheme and could have used more detailing, but it's light years ahead of Hasbro's deco which involves translucent plastics and little paint whatsoever. Bad man!

BountyHunterScum
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Funny thing is monday I saw metallic repaints of the SM3 figures. Heavily metallic paint.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 07:23 PM
At Walmart, right? That's where I saw them. It's not that odd, the movie's coming out on DVD soon and they want to ramp back up for the renewed interest.

BountyHunterScum
10-23-2007, 10:36 PM
At Walmart, right? That's where I saw them. It's not that odd, the movie's coming out on DVD soon and they want to ramp back up for the renewed interest.

I took one good look at them and shook my head.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Was at wal-mart today looking at figures and I spotted the Battle Damage New Goblin! I was pretty surprised to see him as I had no luck with him months back and BBTS wants a ridiculous 19.99 for him. Either way, I attached a pic! :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I have the 10" Black-Suited Spidey and Venom rotocast figures.

figrin bran
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I saw the animated Spectacular Spider Man figures at TRU and would've bought some if not for the $9.99 pricetag.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I saw the animated Spectacular Spider Man figures at TRU and would've bought some if not for the $9.99 pricetag.

TRU has a buy.............2 get 1 free this week on those. Or is it buy 1, get 1 free.....I can't remember, it's one of those.

and I found the new random SPIDER-MAN line at a few stores this weekend. They appear to be in the ML size, 6'' and feature primarily repacks of older figures from spider-man 1-3. I also found a figure that was part black spidey and part regular, which i bought as I don't think we'd have that one before. The rest were decent figures, but I have all of those, so I passed. I did attach a pic of the figure I did buy. Sorry for the camera phone pic, but it's all I could do. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
03-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I saw some of those today at Target. Not sure if you saw this one or not JMG, but there was one that had spidey and also his wrestling outfit. An interesting idea, but I passed.

I did pick up a black suit Spidey from the new cartoon though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I saw some of those today at Target. Not sure if you saw this one or not JMG, but there was one that had spidey and also his wrestling outfit. An interesting idea, but I passed.

I did pick up a black suit Spidey from the new cartoon though.

I did see that one too, J&H. It was a repack from the first Spider-Man movie. I already had it, so I passed. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
03-17-2008, 12:08 AM
I did see that one too, J&H. It was a repack from the first Spider-Man movie. I already had it, so I passed. :thumbsup:

Ah, ok. I didn't know that it had been made already.