PDA

View Full Version : What Figures Need a Re-Make ?

DarkArtist
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
While we have seen some of the figures for the first 3 waves of the TAC line and have a huge catalogue of figures already produced by Hasbro what figures need to be remade ?

ANH Luke Skywalker - an SA version with multiple accessories
ANH Princess Leia - an SA version with a soft goods hood that works
ESB Admiral Piett - an SA version using Ozzel's body (they can even make it Captain Piett)
ROTJ Moff Jerjerrod - same as Piett
ROTJ Luke Skywalker - need to lose the Saga figure and finally give us the SA Jedi Luke we have been asking for
TPM Qui Gon Jinn - SA version with soft goods cloak and mositure farmer disguise
TPM Obi Wan Kenobi - very easy one - ROTS Red Leader body with TPM Head
AOTC Obi Wan Kenobi - again Red Leader body with AOTC Head

these are just some of the figures I would like to see. what are your thoughts ?

El Chuxter
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Mace Windu: Super-articulated with that cool purple lightsaber!

He's the only one I want. The rest of them can rot.

THIS I COMMAND!!

Droid
03-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Dr. Evazan, Uncle Owen, Danik Jericho, Red Leader, Jabba the Hutt, Jerjerrod.

I'd still like to see an Episode II Obi-wan and Anakin with their robes sculpted onto them like the Episode I Qui-Gon and Obi-wan.

Jargo
03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Ellors madak with a rescaling so he's the right height. and with a bigger head that matches the size of the Neimoidians. From there they can do a kitbash and create Bannis Keeg.

Weequay skiff guard. Again with a kitbash to make the second Weequay guard.

SA Ben Kenobi with soft goods robes. one that'll fit in the landspeeder or sit on a cantina bar stool. and be posable in a battle stance or neutral stance.

Dr. Evazan. A complete new sculpt. one that actually looks like the character in the movie.

Uncle Owen definitely. I hate that figure. with his one tiny fist and one huge pointy finger. with his massive feet and bland sculpt and really bad paint apps. Hasbro could really do the character justice with their current sculpting standards.

Slave Leia. Needs to be given SA legs at least. to allow her to be placed in front of Jabba in a seated position. but also have the ability to be posed choking the slug with her chain.

Pod racing Anakin. articulated elbows and ball jointed shoulders. removable race helmet. Enough time has passed now since EP1 for this to be ok to release so at least there's a decent representation of him in the pod racers line up. should probably pack with another pod racer character though someone like Ben Quadinaros.

Jek Porkins. re-use the old head but redo the body so it matches the current better detailed x-wing pilots. especially with the separate webbing leg strappings. Porkins as he is just doesn't look right next to the other pilots.

Captain Piett I agree needs redoing. and at the same time use whatever sculpt they come up with and give it head variants so we get Captains Lennox and Needa.

Wicket, Logray and Paploo. wicket and Logray need new sculpts and Paploo needs a new head or an altered one. Paploo's size is okay but his head is tiled upwards and his hood is sculpted as flapping in the wind. Logray and Wicket are just too cartoony looking and too big.

Doda Bodonawieedo and Greeata have the old POTF2 rodian heads which look like pinheads compared to the later Greedo sculpts.

Rappertunie is twice the size he should be. he needs re-releasing in a smaller scale.

A generic AT-ST driver would be nice. removable helmet and they could again give us a head variant which would help sell more units.

Imperial officer. in the Piett style tunic with jodhpur style trousers but in black. again a head variant would help. or more than one head variant. Praji, Jir, Childsen, loads of different black uniformed officers in the movies.

Emperor Palpatine. A new sculpt not the evolutions one. with properly fitting soft goods and knee articulation. Should come with his throne. and have the ability to bend his head backwards and have waist articulation so he bends backwards a bit and looks right held aloft by vader.

A new Gamorrean guard would be nice. some more articulation. Both hands being able to hold stuff, a removable helmet so that customisers can have a nice gamorrean head to play with or you can have the dude off duty. knee articulation would be very cool and also a removable arm so you can shove it in the rancor's mouth. And he should come with a gun and holster because it's a Gamorrean Luke steals the gun off just before they both fall into the rancor pit.

Rogue II
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
What Mr. DaddyPants said, especially the part about the Palpatine, Ben Kenobi, Dr. Evazan, Weequay, and the Gamorrean guard.

Slicker
03-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry, but an SA Admiral Piett? This SA is going too far. Are people wanting to recreate is kooky adventures aboard the Executor? The man didn't do anything that warrants SAness.

2-1B
03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
They should make the characters they haven't made yet before re-making figures that people are just going to want re-made again in 3-5 years.

figrin bran
03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Nien Nunb and Admiral Ackbar. i like most of the suggestions on Mr. Daddypants' list too.

Slicker
03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Nien Nunb and Admiral Ackbar. i like most of the suggestions on Mr. Daddypants' list too.Actually those are two great suggestions. Not only so they can be done a bit better but because it's been years (at LEAST 6-7 I'd say) since they were released.

Both are semi-important characters in Jedi and, more importantly, they actually have friggin speaking lines!

Phantom-like Menace
03-07-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd still like to see an Episode II Obi-wan and Anakin with their robes sculpted onto them like the Episode I Qui-Gon and Obi-wan.

Absolutely! Not being a fan of unarmored SA figures and desperately hating softgoods, I still think Qui-Gon (Naboo) and Obi-Wan (Naboo) are two of the best figures Hasbro has made for the line.

Nien Nunb

Complete agreement there. Nien Nunb has always been one of my favorite secondary characters. He just looks cool. I've been annoyed for a while that Lucas didn't put any Sullustans into the prequels.

mtriv73
03-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Red leader with his R5

A new SA Qui-Gon

a SA Leia slave

r2-d2 with the new astromech sculpt and no gimmicky paint job

Jargo
03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't want or need an SA Piett. I just agree he needs re-doing.

Jabba the Hutt desperately needs resculpting. Hasbro should basically take a look at the work of gentle giant and sideshow and do what they do. look at the photo reference and get it right. Though doing something like making the skin of Jabba from soft vinyl and wrapping that around an inner skeleton in plastic that allows the tail to be jointed internally so it's posable would be a fantastic boon in the display/play value of the figure. the idea of having a real feel skinned Jabba really appeals to me. nicely articulated arms and something akin to the old 'eagle eyes Action man' moving eyes with a tiny lever on the back of the neck that allows you to move the eye focus left to right and back to center. very simple mechanisms that ARE achievable because they've been done before in mass produced toys.
I believe that a big character like Jabba should at this stage have something super articulated about him. In order to make it worthwhile redoing him. make it something special. something fun. And not just another lump of green plastic that sits there and does nothing. Jabba isn't some three second character, he's a majot player in the saga. So he deserves better than we've had thus far.

DarkArtist
03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry, but an SA Admiral Piett? This SA is going too far. Are people wanting to recreate is kooky adventures aboard the Executor? The man didn't do anything that warrants SAness.

Sorry, well perhaps not SA but articulation similiar to Admiral Ozzel and General Veers. As far as Jerjerrod is concerned, new face sculpt on an Ozzel Body would work for me.

Slicker
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I think I came out a bit harsh. I'd love a new Piett (it's been years for him too) but SA really isn't necessary. It's not really necessary for any of the Imp. Officers. The don't do much so, if you make dioramas, they don't need to be in dynamic poses. Even if you just have 'em on a shelf they don't need to look like they're doing anything more than standing there.

SA is good for the army builders, stormies, clones, and characters that actually do something. Save the good articulation for them. :thumbsup:

A couple other figures I'd like to see released again are Zuckuss and 4-LOM. They came out in the Bounty Hunter pack but that was an exclusive. I'd like to see both of them get some carded attention.

Jargo
03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm sure 4-LOM was mentioned in the line up for this year. later waves maybe. Unless it was a rumour list. hard to tell the difference these days.

OC47150
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Uncle Owen would be nice.

Generic SA Imperial and Rebel officers would be nice customizers and army builders.

mabudonicus
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
how bout 2 1 F-ing BEE???

That is all
:beard:Isobaws&

DarkArtist
03-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I think I came out a bit harsh. I'd love a new Piett (it's been years for him too) but SA really isn't necessary. It's not really necessary for any of the Imp. Officers. The don't do much so, if you make dioramas, they don't need to be in dynamic poses. Even if you just have 'em on a shelf they don't need to look like they're doing anything more than standing there.

SA is good for the army builders, stormies, clones, and characters that actually do something. Save the good articulation for them. :thumbsup:

A couple other figures I'd like to see released again are Zuckuss and 4-LOM. They came out in the Bounty Hunter pack but that was an exclusive. I'd like to see both of them get some carded attention.

It wasn't harsh Slick and sorry if I made it sound that way. I guess when you compare the original officers from the POTF waves like Tarkin and Piett to the Saga Waves like Ozzel and Veers it's almost a step into the SA. Along with Piett I would love to see Tarkin remade as well and not just the same old ROTS mold repaint.

as far as Zuckuss and 4-Lom I thought they were already released carded a while back in the POTF era, where they different sculpts in the Bounty Hunter set ? In anycase they are in definate need of re-sculpting.

pbarnard
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
as far as Zuckuss and 4-Lom I thought they were already released carded a while back in the POTF era, where they different sculpts in the Bounty Hunter set ? In anycase they are in definate need of re-sculpting.

No, they were the POTF2 versions so they definitely need a redoing.

"Old" Mon Mothma from RotJ
Adm. Ackbar and several Mon Cal Officers
Imperial Officer in Death Star Drab, Imperial Navy, ISB (black) variations
An R5 pack similar to get all of those models
Nien Nunb
Owen and Beru (both prequal and OT)
Some sort of ANH Obi-Wan

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2007, 06:49 PM
My list excludes new costumes or new features (like R2-D2 after the trench run, or whatever). I didn't include pack-ins and that stuff, since, well, most of those need redoing anyway. Culling from my list of "every basic figure" and going in order of release date . . .

*Luke Skywalker - his iconic ANH costume still needs to be SA and a GOOD sculpt.
*Han Solo - VOTC was nearly perfect but I'd still like to see him rereleased with a new Garindan-style belt and maybe a new head.
*Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi - good but not quite "there" yet.
*C-3PO - use the ROTS mold, give him new arms, and give him a silver lower right leg.
*Princess Leia - much like Luke and Obi-Wan, many of her figures are good, but we lack the one true definitive ANH Leia. For one, her hair buns need to be bigger.
*Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear - this was technically Luke in Snowspeeder Pilot Gear, so they need to redo that.
*Yoda - I want a really good ESB/ROTJ one. His sleeves need to be huge and his face needs to be better. Also, stop painting him so damn dark.
*Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - a no-brainer.
*Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear - the 2004 one is nice, but can be better.
*2-1B Medic Droid - or at least one from ROTS.
*AT-ST Driver - I like the one from that pack, but he needs a new head.
*Hoth Rebel Soldier - needs a good version with more modern tooling.
*Emperor Palpatine - this is one I'd like them to see do really well. Sadly, the 1997 version is the best one of him.
*Grand Moff Tarkin - an actual new sculpt, not just the ROTS guy with different paint.
*Ponda Baba - he's a fairly recognizable character. I'd like one with interchangeable hooves and hands, and they can just do so much better with cantina figures now (see: Momaw Nadon).
*Admiral Ackbar - I think a Gragra-style one with a movable jaw would be cool.
*Princess Leia Organa as Jabba's Prisoner - one that can lay next to Jabba.
*Nien Nunb - they can do better.
*Gamorrean Guard - I like the old one a lot as well as the OTC repaint, but it can be improved upon.
*Ewoks - Wicket and Logray - redone in Chirpa's scale.
*Captain Piett - the more recent officers are a lot better.
*Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty - the TSC one was a nice effort, but I still want one with a collar actually on his neck.
*Princess Leia Organa in Hoth Gear - if anything else, just to be in the proper scale.
*Princess Leia in Ceremonial Dress - see above.
*R2-D2 with Launching Lightsaber - the other one is crap. Just have it come out of his head, like the sensorscope does now.
*Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel) - Hasbro said we're getting an SA Qui-Gon this year but who knows for sure.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel) - retooled from the ROTS version.
*Jar Jar Binks - like him or not, he needs to be redone better.
*Padmé Naberrie (Tatooine) - the old one is too cartoony.
*Battle Droid - the recent ones look really good but the plastic sucks. Also, knee articulation is a must.
*Captain Panaka - since he had a fairly large role in TPM, I think he needs SA and a removable helmet.
*Destroyer Droid - I think we're getting one this year with a shield so that should be good.
*Watto - redone more like his AOTC counterpart.
*R2-B1 Astromech Droid - repainted with one of the newer R2 bodies.
*Bespin Guard (Cloud City Security) - closed vest and more ethnic head variants.
*Jango Fett - a decked-out, SA version. Jango is awesome and his figures should be too.
*Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise) - the first one is just horrid.
*Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape) - a kitbash from the existing SA pre-Nexu Padmé could work.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase) - like the upcoming Comic Pack figure but no cloak.
*C-3PO (Protocol Droid) - the ROTS mold again with new arms and gray coloring.
*Boba Fett (Kamino Escape) - he's not white and he needs to be more neutral.
*Taun We (Kamino Cloner) - taller, like Lama Su.
*Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel) - a good version of the DSII costume, not 87 more Jabba's Palace version.
*Grievous' Bodyguard - an SA version.
*General Grievous - taller and more accurate.

I know there's a lot here but we'll be buying this stuff for 11 more years and they're bound to do tons of resculpts, so they might as well do good ones, eh?

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Endor General Leia
Dexter Jettster (bigger and with better arm articulation)
Darth Maul (I just don't think we've really gotten "the" Maul figure yet, the red-piping POTJ one that was just re-released is close but not quite there)
Cloaked Darth Maul (not cloth, it just doesn't work at this scale)
ANH/ESB Chewie
Bespin Han (the POTJ one is great for its time, but is right at the cusp of the old style)
EV-9D9 (the POTF2 figure uses a modified version of the vintage mold for a speaking-role character!)
Wedge Antilles (with non-giant body)
Valorum & Senator Palps (I don't really want either much, but they do need redoing)
Boss Nass (bigger, with better neck and arm articulation)
Naboo Security & Naboo Guard
Ep 2 & Ep 3 Anakin (articulation and likeness never got there for either, he'll need his weird cloak too)
Imperial Probe Droid (great for its day, but it finally needs updating)
Malakili (KIDDDDING! :p)

ANH Luke Skywalker - an SA version with multiple accessories I'd prefer it have a good likeness finally, everything else would be nice but likeness is where ANH Luke is really lacking.

ANH Princess Leia - an SA version with a soft goods hood that worksAgreed, though I don't think soft-goods will work, it just doesn't translate down to 1:18 scale enough, I would prefer clip-on up and down versions of the hood.

ESB Admiral Piett - an SA version using Ozzel's body (they can even make it Captain Piett)I suppose so, I don't feel drawn to it but the one they have sucks bad enough and he has lots of lines, so he deserves it.

ROTJ Luke Skywalker - need to lose the Saga figure and finally give us the SA Jedi Luke we have been asking forHopefully that's what the new TAC one will be, but if not they they'll be making me sad and I will need this.

TPM Qui Gon Jinn - SA version with soft goods cloak and mositure farmer disguiseTrue dat

TPM Obi Wan Kenobi - very easy one - ROTS Red Leader body with TPM HeadTPM Obi-Wan's outfit is different from his Ep 2 and 3 outfits, so it'd need a new sculpt. We do need this though. If they do a padawan braid, make it soft rubbery plastic or real hair, not limiting hard plastic.

AOTC Obi Wan Kenobi - again Red Leader body with AOTC HeadTrue enough, though this one has fallen off my list with the ROTS version - I just don't care enough about the Ep 2 hairstyles. Oh, crap, I just thought of something, we need an Ep 2 Obi-Wan that's SA but in the robe for battling Jango, soft-goods just won't cut it I feel.

Dr. Evazan, Uncle Owen, Danik Jericho, Red Leader, Jabba the Hutt, Jerjerrod.Agreed to all, although I don't think I'd bother buying another Danik at this point since I accidentally bought 2 of 'em the first time around.

I'd still like to see an Episode II Obi-wan and Anakin with their robes sculpted onto them like the Episode I Qui-Gon and Obi-wan.Yup!

Ellors madak with a rescaling so he's the right height. and with a bigger head that matches the size of the Neimoidians.Ellors Madak is supposed to be 1.7 meters, Neimoidians are around 2 meters, I think he's the right scale already. And the head is already in-scale as well, Neimoidian heads are bigger than Duros (compare it to the shoulder width, they vary between the species).

Weequay skiff guard. Again with a kitbash to make the second Weequay guard.Agreed.

SA Ben Kenobi with soft goods robes. one that'll fit in the landspeeder or sit on a cantina bar stool. and be posable in a battle stance or neutral stance.Agreed. Better likeness too.

Slave Leia. Needs to be given SA legs at least. to allow her to be placed in front of Jabba in a seated position. but also have the ability to be posed choking the slug with her chain.I agree with this in theory, but I'm not sure it'll be possible in practice with her non-costumed sculpting and thin limbs. They should try though.

Emperor Palpatine. A new sculpt not the evolutions one. with properly fitting soft goods and knee articulation. Should come with his throne. and have the ability to bend his head backwards and have waist articulation so he bends backwards a bit and looks right held aloft by vader.DEFINITELY!!! They've done such a poor job with ROTJ Palpatine it's embarassing! How can we be 8 years out of POTF2 and in that time every Palpatine from that film has been worse than the POTF2 versions?

A new Gamorrean guard would be nice. some more articulation. Both hands being able to hold stuff, a removable helmet so that customisers can have a nice gamorrean head to play with or you can have the dude off duty. knee articulation would be very cool and also a removable arm so you can shove it in the rancor's mouth. And he should come with a gun and holster because it's a Gamorrean Luke steals the gun off just before they both fall into the rancor pit.I dunno about the gun part, but I'll take it, and I want all of what you're proposing here - the POTF2 Gam Guard is a decent figure but needs updating.

Nien Nunb and Admiral Ackbar. I dunno why, but it feels like sacrileges to agree with that, but I totally do.

Actually those are two great suggestions. Not only so they can be done a bit better but because it's been years (at LEAST 6-7 I'd say) since they were released.Try 10 years. :eek: Shocking, no?

Both are semi-important characters in Jedi and, more importantly, they actually have friggin speaking lines!Plus, Nien Nunb has been getting some decent parody play lately, first Venture Bros and then Family Guy.

r2-d2 with the new astromech sculpt and no gimmicky paint jobAGREEEEEEEED!!! Not the VOTC sculpt either, the R4-G9 sculpt that came afterwards.

Though doing something like making the skin of Jabba from soft vinyl and wrapping that around an inner skeleton in plastic that allows the tail to be jointed internally so it's posable would be a fantastic boon in the display/play value of the figure. the idea of having a real feel skinned Jabba really appeals to me. nicely articulated arms and something akin to the old 'eagle eyes Action man' moving eyes with a tiny lever on the back of the neck that allows you to move the eye focus left to right and back to center. very simple mechanisms that ARE achievable because they've been done before in mass produced toys.This is something I'd love to see, Jabba needs to MOVE - nobody's really done that before. The Jabba Glob figure is rubbery and is so much more fun to move because of that, he can hold stuff in his mouth, open it, close it, his arms can move in towards himself. I'd love moving eyes and eyelids, a movable tail, and rubberized mouth and shoulders - THAT is stuff Jabba was all about.

A couple other figures I'd like to see released again are Zuckuss and 4-LOM.Zuckuss was a good figure for his time but as long as he can't hold stuff well and suffers ye olde split-robe-syndrome, he'll always be in need of redoing - plus, he had such a mediocre release the first time around. 4-LOM was never a good sculpt and really could use better even if he was a pegwarming POS.

how bout 2 1 F-ing BEE???You read my mind Mabs! This is why I'm doing all these replies, stuff I'd end up saying and someone already beat me to it. 2-1B is a great figure for its day... 11 ****ing years ago!!! It's time to bring him up to code, damnit!

"Old" Mon Mothma from RotJHere's another one I know could use the update, but I really don't feel any enthusiasm for.

Han Solo - VOTC was nearly perfect but I'd still like to see him rereleased with a new Garindan-style belt and maybe a new head.This figure ain't even that great IMO, needs a removable vest and a better head sculpt.

Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear - this was technically Luke in Snowspeeder Pilot Gear, so they need to redo that.Agreed! It's another one that I want, Luke Snowspeeder gear, seems like it should have been done long since considering he's an action-man in those scenes!

Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - a no-brainer.Yes! With swappable "helmet hair" and "wet hair" heads.

Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear - the 2004 one is nice, but can be better.It's very good but scene-specific, so we do need a new one.

Hoth Rebel Soldier - needs a good version with more modern tooling.Yup!

Grand Moff Tarkin - an actual new sculpt, not just the ROTS guy with different paint.Totally! That ROTS thing doesn't look that much like Cushing, we need a modern Tarkin figure pretty badly due to the original's crap body.

Ponda Baba - he's a fairly recognizable character. I'd like one with interchangeable hooves and hands, and they can just do so much better with cantina figures now (see: Momaw Nadon).I'm still feeling gunshy after all these years about Ponda, but you're right that none of them really bring it home.

Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty - the TSC one was a nice effort, but I still want one with a collar actually on his neck.Yes, and the right hairstyle and limbs to go with it, the TSC one doesn't work due to the limbs.

Princess Leia Organa in Hoth Gear - if anything else, just to be in the proper scale.Yes, absolutely, I even asked hasbro to do this recently.

Princess Leia in Ceremonial Dress - see above.Agreed, though I am not very excited by the notion.

R2-D2 with Launching Lightsaber - the other one is crap. Just have it come out of his head, like the sensorscope does now.ABSOLUTELY!!!!! This is #1 on my list actually.

Padmé Naberrie (Tatooine) - the old one is too cartoony.Rats, I was hoping to not put a Padme on my list, but this one is kinda necessary because it's not an Amidala wearing makeup like the others.

Battle Droid - the recent ones look really good but the plastic sucks. Also, knee articulation is a must.Yeah, we do need this pretty badly. Also, flexy joints at the hips and shoulders if possible so they can swing out a little like they do in the films. And a transforming one, that'd be nice.

Captain Panaka - since he had a fairly large role in TPM, I think he needs SA and a removable helmet.I'm not enthusiastic about this fig, but you are right that we need a better version of him.

Destroyer Droid - I think we're getting one this year with a shield so that should be good.I hadn't heard this rumor, so at this point I'm still saying we NEED this. Better articulation, fully transforming, better scale, better paint, more accurate sculpt.

Jango Fett - a decked-out, SA version. Jango is awesome and his figures should be too.Another one near the top of my list, must have!!! I'd like to see Hasbro try a swappable head with swappable neck here since the outfit changes when the helmet's off. Also, we need a non-armored Jango apartment figure.

Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape) - a kitbash from the existing SA pre-Nexu Padmé could work.That's kind of what the recent TSC figure was, and it doesn't work, there's too much preposing in the limbs and especially at the waist articulation, and only the legs are really any good on that figure with the rest being fairly underwhelming. Sadly, I guess that means we need 2 Padmes here - pre- and post-nexu-attack versions. :ermm:

Taun We (Kamino Cloner) - taller, like Lama Su.I agree this needs to be redone, though I don't know how much I'd want it.

*Grievous' Bodyguard - an SA version.
*General Grievous - taller and more accurate.Yes to both.

mericen
03-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Th figure I would most like to see remade is Zuckuss. While the old figure is good, I think they can improve on him. I would also like to see them remake Dr Evizan, Owen, Qui Gon, Beru, Takeel, Gammorean Guards, Ree Yees (with proper feet) and any cantina or Jabba's Palace alien that has not been remade.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-08-2007, 12:56 AM
The ROTS Chancellor Palpatine's plastic robe hid a great figure and kept him from being able to sit as he did as a prisoner. Give this one a decent soft goods treatment.

Take the Evolutions Sidious and fix the robe and this is a great figure. Put a ROTJ head on him and they can release it twice.

They also need to improve the ROTS red robed Palpatine.

Good SA versions of TPM Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

Bespin Han wouldn't be too hard to redo. The POTJ version just needs more neutral legs with some articulation, and also some elbow articulation.

Uncle Owen. Only appeared in a three pack with a limited pose.

Dr. Evazan has never seen a proper carded release, so when it does, they need to resculpt that face.

A decent SA Jango that can have a nice neutral pose and doesn't include sculpted fireballs.

Nien Nunb & Admiral Ackbar updates would be welcome.

I don't see a need to have a removeable vest on ANH Han. I'm pretty happy with the VOTC version.

I was happy with the Cantina Bar section Ponda Baba, so I'm not too interested in getting another version.

The Evolutions set did a pretty decent job with Episode II and III Anakin, except for maybe the AOTC face and ROTS robe.

Anakin Palpatine
03-08-2007, 02:26 AM
How about everyone from 95-the saga line. Hasbro could drop the line and Lucas could sell it to Marvel Toys. Hasbro needs to make scale ships and playsets if they are going to keep on going with this line. Most of it's popularity was not just from the movies but the original toy lines playability. I'm a sucker, I know that, I keep buying them and I'm happy the line is still going, but when will they try something new in scale, or playset wise. Mustafar was just awful. Sorry, I got into a rant

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
We are in desperate need of a new 4-LOM, but I love the POTF Zuckuss. That's still one of my top five figs!

Jargo
03-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Th figure I would most like to see remade is Zuckuss. While the old figure is good, I think they can improve on him. I would also like to see them remake Dr Evizan, Owen, Qui Gon, Beru, Takeel, Gammorean Guards, Ree Yees (with proper feet) and any cantina or Jabba's Palace alien that has not been remade.
Zuckuss is fine it's his robe that isn't. Any of those figures with the split up the sides of the robes could do with re-issuing with that side split fixed but the sculpt on Zuckuss is acceptable. refreshing the paint apps might help.

Ree Yees could or should be smaller in terms of his body bulk. But the ROTJ character did wear boots. he didn't have the feet they gave the species in the prequels. Which is one reason I dislike the prequels, that bad continuity where aliens were given the wrong hands or had the same hands as other secies, ( TPM Nikto, Weequay, Pacithhip for example), redoing Ree Yees with a slimmer build and the Aks Aak(sp?) head would be cool though.

Another thing that irritated me was the redesign of the Aqualish and Weequay heads for the prequels. Ok so the original masks for ANH weren't great but that's how we've come to see those aliens, giving the Aqualish four eyes and spider mandibles in TPM was just bizarre. And the new Weequay head ended up looking more like a star trek Cardassian than the ROTJ alien. Not to mention what they did to the Bith. And who would have thought that Chewbacca was scrawny for a wookiee?

In a way i'd like to see hasbro do alien multi-packs where they take a species and create a boxed set containing three or four of the same species. I don't know something like a galactic anthropolgy series. with information on the back of the packaging about the species and where in the saga the figures included fit in. Say we take the Mon Calamari, you'd Get Meena Tills, The Coruscant water ballet female, Ackbar and a Mon Calamari officer. Or Rodians. Neimoidians, Nikto, Sullustan and so on. It's one way to refresh with re-used figures but also getting new figures we might not have got. figures that on there own may have pegwarmed sold in a box set with characters we know. Because the star wars galaxy is so rich with species and not everyone wants battle packs. or cinema scenes. And when those battle packs and cinema scenes seem to be getting stale with the same characters over and over again. galactic species sets could be an interesting side step.

Droid
03-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Someone may have already said this, but a pre-special Edition Sy Snootles would be good.

pbarnard
03-08-2007, 05:17 PM
How about everyone from 95-the saga line. Hasbro could drop the line and Lucas could sell it to Marvel Toys. Hasbro needs to make scale ships and playsets if they are going to keep on going with this line. Most of it's popularity was not just from the movies but the original toy lines playability. I'm a sucker, I know that, I keep buying them and I'm happy the line is still going, but when will they try something new in scale, or playset wise. Mustafar was just awful. Sorry, I got into a rant

You do realize Hasbro owns the Marvel license now? Plus why would Lucas want to repay the money it was given to Hasbro, wait so many years, before a new license could be granted by the time it was all resolved in courts? Also, while you may think Hasbro is lying in the Q&A sessions--they can't due to some FCC rules, they are telling the truth, the retailers don't want play sets and the cost to do a scale vehicle/playset would make it prohibitive in terms of how much shelf space, so even less likely for a retailer to carry, and cost to purchase much less be made available.

JediTricks
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
The ROTS Chancellor Palpatine's plastic robe hid a great figure and kept him from being able to sit as he did as a prisoner. Give this one a decent soft goods treatment.

Take the Evolutions Sidious and fix the robe and this is a great figure. Put a ROTJ head on him and they can release it twice.Not sure about the build you have there, but it's a good idea and we do need 'em.

Bespin Han wouldn't be too hard to redo. The POTJ version just needs more neutral legs with some articulation, and also some elbow articulation.I strongly think he needs a sculpting overhaul as well.

Someone may have already said this, but a pre-special Edition Sy Snootles would be good.Definitely! I think the POTF2 figure could be repainted to work as pre-SE Sy, but a new pose would be better, maybe with articulation or even a gimmick that can let her dance on her mic stand like in the movie.

2-1B
03-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Vinyl Cape Jawas

Mad Slanted Powers
03-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Not sure about the build you have there, but it's a good idea and we do need 'em.And I'm not sure which one you have a question about. ROTS #14 Chancellor Palpatine - http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0514palpatine.asp has ball-jointed knees, but can't sit unless you take off that plastic robe.

The Evolutions Sidious is also a good figure if you can find him underneath all the cloth robes. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/swevol_SITHempart.jpg

pbarnard
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
SA Salacious Crumb!!! SA KABE!!! Muftak with real fur!

2-1B
03-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Vinyl Cape Bespin Leia

Mad Slanted Powers
03-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Actually, I like the vintage cloth robe Jawa.

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
And I'm not sure which one you have a question about. ROTS #14 Chancellor Palpatine - http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0514palpatine.asp has ball-jointed knees, but can't sit unless you take off that plastic robe.It wasn't a personal dig. I just don't like that #14 Palpatine's head, it's too narrow, looks like they took the realscan data and ported it too close (realscan scans seem to always look pinched from straight on, dunno why). Also, the right eye is drooping for no reason. And the head seems a little tall and overly weak in the chin. And I loathe those elbows, that joint needs to be removed from Hasbro's arsenal. There'd be just too much to repair about that one I think, it's not "the" Palpatine figure worth bringing back, it should be redone from the ground up I think.

The Evolutions Sidious is also a good figure if you can find him underneath all the cloth robes. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/swevol_SITHempart.jpgHis robe is a disaster, but I could have accepted it if that head wasn't so bad - I don't even know what they were going for there, it looks NOTHING like the character at any point and it's not even the right color. The salvage here is the robe and a new head, or better yet, include an ROTS head and an ROTJ head.

SA Salacious Crumb!!! SA KABE!!! Muftak with real fur!You likely are jesting, but Salacious Crumb does need some dang articulation beyond only his tail.

DarkArtist
03-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Would also like to see a redo of Admiral Motti from the Comm-Tech line. Again neutral pose, like Ozzel or ROTS Tarkin.

JediTricks
03-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm on board for a new Motti, his outfit and funky arm aren't quite right, and his head is always slightly looking up. He does need neck-grabbing articulation, but not so ugly this time. Ooh, and how about a swappable head with closed "agony" eyes?

mericen
03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I would also like to seem them do a new Admiral Ackbar. I think they need to fix the head sculpt, make it look better. Also he need more articulation, so he can sit down.

bigbarada
03-20-2007, 03:09 AM
4-LOM and Zuckuss for sure, they've been completely left behind as we have gotten, or are getting, multiple versions of the other four ESB bounty hunters.

Logray, Wicket, Teebo, Paploo - they need to be up to the standards of the new Chief Chirpa. If they have to sell them on individual cards, so be it (we all know by now that Hasbro uses multipacks as an excuse to skimp on quality).

Ponda Baba - great figure in 1997, just outdated now and he does have kind of an important role in the movie. Give him a detachable arm this time.

Arvel Crynyd - this is the guy who drove his A-Wing into the Super Star Destroyer. Hasbro has gotten the figure completely wrong every time: wrong likeness (the guy was Caucasian, not Asian), wrong helmet, wrong color flight suit for his first release in the Rebel Pilots 3-pack, etc.

Skiff Guards - they're all terrible, just a complete redo across the board: new Weequay, new Klaatu, new Barada, new Nikto.

Gamorrean Guard for sure, probably one of the most necessary. This was the first figure released in the POTF2 line that I felt was actually inferior to it's vintage counterpart.

Admiral Ackbar and Nien Nunb - I would honestly be surprised if Hasbro doesn't have prototypes for these two in the works right now. It's just so obvious that these two need to be updated.

TIE Pilot
03-24-2007, 05:57 AM
I know it's still pretty much a new figure, and the chances of it being re-made any time in the near future are slim.. but the 41st elite trooper needs an update.

Yes, the paint apps are very nice.. but it's STILL just a repainted biker scout whose sculpt bears a slight resemblance to a 41st elite.

If they could have at the very least given the figure a new helmet sculpt.. I could have lived with it. But when I see this figure, all I see is a cammoflaged biker scout.

General_Grievous
03-24-2007, 09:01 AM
We could use an Artoo remake using the R4-P17 sculpt, but without the fire and oil paint job.

Battle Droid
03-24-2007, 10:52 AM
General Grievous
IG-100 MagnaGuard aka Grievous' Bodyguard
Battle Droid
San Hill
Shu Mai
ROTS Passel Argente
Imperial Probe Droid (Super Articulated and with a Hyperspace Pod that it can fit in.)

bigbarada
03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm trying not to be nitpicky in this thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new TIE Fighter Pilot. The Saga version has asymmetrical articulation which has always been a pet peeve of mine (if you put an elbow swivel on one arm, why not both?). Plus I think he'd really benefit from being super articulated, as long as they don't put a Jango head under his helmet.

JON9000
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm trying not to be nitpicky in this thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new TIE Fighter Pilot. The Saga version has asymmetrical articulation which has always been a pet peeve of mine (if you put an elbow swivel on one arm, why not both?). Plus I think he'd really benefit from being super articulated, as long as they don't put a Jango head under his helmet.

Speaking of SA and JANGO- I would love a SA Jango. I fear we will never see him at this point, as Hasbro seems happy to re-re-re-release Kamino Escape Jango. He's a great figure to play with and has cool features, but man, I want SA!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Speaking of SA and JANGO- I would love a SA Jango. I fear we will never see him at this point, as Hasbro seems happy to re-re-re-release Kamino Escape Jango. He's a great figure to play with and has cool features, but man, I want SA!

It shouldn't be too hard. They could just make some adjustments to the VOTC Boba Fett.

bigbarada
03-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Now that Hasbro has essentially perfected the astromech body, maybe we could get some updated R3 and R4 droids.

Speaking of droids, maybe a serious attempt at RA-7 (the silver Death Star Droid) with a vintage-style vac-metalized finish.

SA Jango would be pretty cool, also. It'd be nice to see Jango's head on a Jango Fett figure for a change.

Mando1971
03-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I myself would like an SA Jabba the Hutt. How about a Tank and Windy? i know they are not re-makes but it would be cool to recreate Luke's more carefree days. I'd also like Omega Squad with a Kal Skirata. Admiral Ackbar is a good one too.

Snowtrooper
03-27-2007, 04:20 PM
The Saga Tie Pilot could really use some new arms. They could even kitbash the Saga2 DSG arms onto this. The head is pretty good, although maybe even that could use a bit of an update. The rest of the figure doesn't need changing IMO.

Mando1971
03-28-2007, 12:49 AM
How about a new SA Rebel Fleet Trooper? or a decent SA epI Obi-Wan? the Hoth Scout Trooper, that would be sick. SA Black Bespin Guard

Jargo
04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Sim Aloo. The kenner original desperately cries out to be redone. Him and Janus Greejatus with a decent Palpatine figure would be hella cool. along with a couple of Royal guards and a Vader and Moff Jerjerrod. Emperor's throne room sorted.

bigbarada
04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Since Greedo, Garindan and Hammerhead got "definitive" versions last year, I'd like to see Walrusman (Ponda Baba) get an update as well. Then there's Dr. Evazan, who has never had a decent figure made and some SA Cantina Band Members would be the bee's knees.:)

I'd also like to see Zutton released again, but this time with a better paint job (A simply "wash" on his face would do wonders and don't forget to paint his nostrils this time).

Rogue II
04-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Sim Aloo. The kenner original desperately cries out to be redone. Him and Janus Greejatus with a decent Palpatine figure would be hella cool. along with a couple of Royal guards and a Vader and Moff Jerjerrod. Emperor's throne room sorted.

An Order 66-styled 2 pack with a Royal Guard and Dignitary would be nice, but 2 packs seem to only be for Prequel and comic book figures.

Since Greedo, Garindan and Hammerhead got "definitive" versions last year, I'd like to see Walrusman (Ponda Baba) get an update as well. Then there's Dr. Evazan, who has never had a decent figure made and some SA Cantina Band Members would be the bee's knees.:)

I'd also like to see Zutton released again, but this time with a better paint job (A simply "wash" on his face would do wonders and don't forget to paint his nostrils this time).

Dr. Evazan is near the top of my re-make list. Walrusman could use an upgrade as well. Again, being A New Hope's 30th anniversary, it would have been nice to get a little more in the way of ANH figures...well, besides OT Battlepacks with Darth Vader and the overkill of poorly made Luke figures.

Jargo
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
The Emperor and Sim Aloo, The Emperor's throne, Janus Greejatus, two royal guards. Slap em in a window box and call it 'Dark side alliance' or something.

Evazan so needs a totally new figure. They need to throw the old one in the trash and start over and make it accurate.

Devo
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
ANH Obi-wan with all-plastic robes and hood down - neutral posing
Dr Evazan (rather glaringly crap figure amongst loadsa good cantina figures)