PDA

View Full Version : Two Conventions in the DFW, TX Area, March 16-18, 2007

DarkJediCole
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Those who know me well know that one of my passions is promoting conventions of every kind (at least those with fandom appeal) in and around Texas. And with that in mind I am happy to announce not one, but two big conventions in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area on the same weekend! And only about 10 miles from each other!

All-Con 2007 will be held in Addison from March 16-18 at the Crown Plaza Hotel. This is the third year of this fan-run, multi-genre convention. Sadly I will only be able to attend on a limited basis myself (hosting an event on Friday night and as part of VaderCast's live podcast recording on Sunday) but I highly recommend this show. They have two Battlestar Galactica guests as well as voice actor Neil Kaplan (Optimus Prime, etc.) as well as varous artists. This convention features programming from the moment they open on Friday to the moment they close on Sunday including a huge 24-hour video room (which will feature "Turkish Star Wars" one evening), panel discussions, workshops (including Stormtrooper armor fabrication), and more. Visit their website for details:

http://www.all-con.org/main.html

Dallas Comic Con Fan Days will be held in Richardson from March 17-18 at the Richardson Civic Center and has free admission. Mrs. JediCole and I will be there all day on Saturday and Sunday (except while I am at All-Con for VaderCast). This convention will feature multiple media and artist guests and is held in conjunction with The Great Texas G.I. Joe Show III in the same building!
Visit their website for details:

http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/Next-Convention/Next-Convention.html

This is a great oppotunity for Texas convention-goers since Fan Days is free admission it is easy for fans to attend both shows over the entire weekend! Check them both out if you can!

Jayspawn
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Thats a nice lineup!

Are you going Dark jedi Cole?

DarkJediCole
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Thats a nice lineup!

Are you going Dark jedi Cole?

I will be at the Dallas Comic Con Fan Days both days (at the tables of A Piece of the Action Collectibles) and with our good friends from All-Con on Friday night and Sunday morning (as part of VaderCast).