PDA

View Full Version : What toy company would you choose to make SW toys instead of Hasbro?

jedi master sal
02-05-2002, 09:47 AM
I ask this if only to perk up the ears of Hasbro and maybe a possible contender.

My pick for 12 in. figs is hands down McFarlane. You know the detail would be there and the articulation would be out of sight. I don't have a clue as to who could make the 3 3/4 in scale.

Thoughts?

evenflow
02-05-2002, 10:32 AM
I would have to say for the regular line, McFarlane. I think he would do an incredible job in 3 3/4 figures. As for the 12 inch line, I think Dragon would be best.

SithDroid
02-05-2002, 01:01 PM
There is a thread on this topic already. My vote would have to go to McFarlane also. The detail is amazing.

Rollo Tomassi
02-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Kenner.

Who? What? huh? Oh, right.

Seriously. I think Hasbro just needs to can the entire group working on Star Wars right now. (C'mon, they could sell the entire lot of monkeys to...like...a cosmetics lab or something. Right? huh? Who's with me??) and just start over from scratch with these simple guidelines.

1. Accurate figures based on the standard 3 3/4" size. 3 3/4".(What?? Nary a mention of 6" anywhere?? That's right Hasbro, no 6" lines.)
2. Enough articulation for the collectors to pose the figures and also to fit into whatever vehicles are made (vehicles are the reason Star Wars figures are 3 3/4" in the first place in case Hasbro had forgotten that little factoid.)
3. Not a ridiculously high price. C'mon, Hasbro, we see what other toy companies offer for less money. Who are you trying to kid?
4. Original figures. Resculpts are your way of saying "Gee. We can't think of anybody else that needs to be made worse than umpteenth Vader..."

Where were we? Oh. Nope, Hasbro can keep the license, they just need to hire a brand new group to market and design them.

Turbowars
02-06-2002, 01:32 AM
Hasbro did a good job taking over for Kenner up till now. Now it time to give the License back. How about if AOTC went straight to vidio and POTJ continued until we got all the classics:crazed: Then I woke up!!

Beast
02-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Hasbro is doing a fine job with the line, the few mistakes from POTF2 have been fixed other then a figure or two, and the AOTC's line is looking great. I find it funny how so many complain about the action features in the Star Wars line, but yet don't complain about them in lines like Lord of the Rings. So, I choose Hasbro to continue with the line.

All or most of the figures in the LOTR's line possess some action feature, or large accessory and people are calling these so much better then whats coming with for AOTC's? Sounds like a double standard to me. Myself, I like the idea for the magnetic action features, sounds pretty cool. And it will give kids somthing fun to play with. So far, other then Anakin's monster saber, they don't even detract from the look of the figure. Sir Steve said the magnets are painted to match the figure's flesh tone, so its not like it will be glaringly obvious.

The action posing looks ok on some of the figures as well, from what I've seen Hasbro only used it on figures that only required it. If a charecter in the Arena battle stands that way, whats so wrong with producing them that way. It would hurt the figures structurally at their small scale to try to put in multiple articulation points to allow the figure to stand normally, as well as have a dynamic pose. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
02-06-2002, 02:37 AM
I 100th the opion of McFarlen...oh so lovely juicy detail! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....deeeetaaaiiiiiilllllllllll...arr arrugghruaraurguuruguguauruurrrra!

Deoxyribonucleic
02-06-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I 100th the opion of McFarlen

DOH! "opinion"...it's late here....very very laaaaaa.......zzzzzz

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lord Skywalker
02-06-2002, 05:14 AM
JJB, I don't complain about other lines because I don't collect other lines. LOTR? I could care less.:rolleyes:

"It would hurt the figures structurally at their small scale to try to put in multiple articulation points to allow the figures to stand normally, as well as have a dynamic pose. :) "

I would like to point out the following:

G.I. Joe (Great articulation and stability! Less detail.:( )
21st Century Toys 4 inch lines (Better articulation than Star Wars, better DETAIL than Star Wars. Great stability!)
InToyz 4 inch lines (By far the best articulation and detail for any current 4 inch line. Not to mention better, more detailed accessories)

Hasbro can give us better articulation:

Knee Articulation:
CommTech Han Solo
POTJ Anakin Skywalker (and he's one of the smallest figs in the line)
CommTech Greedo
POTJ Zuttor
CommTech Luke Skywalker
POTJ Rebel Trooper (Standing or kneeling!!!)

Ball shoulder joints:
CommTech Stormtrooper
POTJ Qui-Gon
POTJ Han Solo (Bespin Capture)

All I'm saying is that it can be done and Hasbro can do it. The problem is that they are LAZY and/or trying to be "cost effective".

So, if I had tyo choose another toy company to handle the license it would be:

InToyz for the 4 inch line. Their track record shows that they care about detail as well as playability/posability!

Marmit for the 12 inch line!:D

Personally, I like McFalane for their detail work on 6 inch/9 inch stuff. But their stuff REALLY lacks articulation, and I have yet to see them do a 4 inch line. Though I would certainly be open to the possibility.