PDA

View Full Version : No love for Palpatine/Sidious in that Senate battle get up?

JEDIpartner
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Okay... so you guys made that Revenge of the Sith Darth Sidious/Palpatine 12" figure in this costume. Why not make a 3.75" version of him in that? I mean, that was such a HUGE part of the film... how could you forget that Senate battle with Yoda. He was so over the top and laughing like some cackling queen!

PLEASE??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a photo of your 12" version in the even you can't recall what I'm talking about...

CLICK HERE (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/3744/12_Darth_Sidious.jpg)

General_Grievous
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
I agree 100%. It's absurd that we haven't gotten this figure yet.

Jayspawn
03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Agreed, this figure is LONG overdue! The ideal figure would include....

- softgood robes
- superposable arms
- Lightsaber hilt
- Lightsaber ignighted.
- 1 set of action hands
- 2nd set of lightning hands

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
But they made that awesome light-up deluxe figure with the rotating heads, isn't that good enough?!? ;) Yeah, it is weird that Yoda-fightin' Palps gets no love.

DarkArtist
03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Here's hoping that a future wave in the TAC line focuses on Palpatine and gives us this figure.

Tycho
03-08-2007, 06:10 AM
I want this Palpatine / Darth Sidious figure, too.

It really bugged me that they re-released his WORST figure (Saga 1) for the Endor Wave of Saga 2. What were they thinking?!

JEDIpartner
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
What I think is even MORE hilarious is that they are shoving that crimson robed "bouncy-feet" Palpatine on us again in the lame-o "Order 66" set. The funny thing is that they slapped the Evolutions Palpatine/Sidious Robe on it and it looks completely ridiculous!!!

Click here for a good laugh! (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/tacOrder661LS.jpg)

JEDIpartner
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
*sigh* (http://pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/yodasidious2.jpg)

:(

2-1B
03-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow, I figured they made him already.

JEDIpartner
03-11-2007, 12:03 PM
You would've thought... but, sadly, no.

JEDIpartner
03-12-2007, 12:48 PM
:(:(:(:(:(:( - CLICK
(http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3f/YodaPalpsduel.jpg)

Tycho
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought they made this guy too. I have him on my radio antennae.

What the heck, JP? Just go through the drive-thru and request one. :D

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 10:43 PM
I thought they made this guy too. I have him on my radio antennae.

What the heck, JP? Just go through the drive-thru and request one. :D
That doesn't make any sense.

Tycho
03-13-2007, 03:31 AM
That doesn't make any sense.

You look at the picture I provided?

El Chuxter
03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I would buy that figure. But only if it was the cool costume from the 2005 SDCC. The guy with the knockoff version last year didn't do nearly as good a job.

I though Jack was a Jedi, though? Did he change sides?

Tycho
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I though Jack was a Jedi, though? Did he change sides?

I heard his buns got toasted and he turned to the Dark Side.

El Chuxter
03-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Maybe the Jedi had a rule against ciabatta bread.

Tycho
03-13-2007, 11:59 AM
The fight is joined!!!

JediTricks
03-14-2007, 05:27 AM
You look at the picture I provided?
Yes, that's why it doesn't make sense.

Tycho
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes, that's why it doesn't make sense.

That's a Jack In The Box antennae topper. I don't really own one, but I assume you might be able to buy one in the drive-thru or something.

DarkArtist
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
You know the more and more I think about the Senate Duel Palpatine that we the fans want, I see Hasbro re-painting either the ROTS or Saga Endor Palpatine to give us this figure.

Tycho
03-15-2007, 03:09 AM
You know the more and more I think about the Senate Duel Palpatine that we the fans want, I see Hasbro re-painting either the ROTS or Saga Endor Palpatine to give us this figure.

Oh gosh that'd be a nightmare. Here's their opportunity to offer a brand-new sculpt, even possibly like a pre-posed Unleashed version (similar to the Tatooine Duel CS Maul & Qui-Gon) and have it be totally appropriate and rock!

JediTricks
03-15-2007, 07:08 PM
That's a Jack In The Box antennae topper. I don't really own one, but I assume you might be able to buy one in the drive-thru or something.
Actually, JitB antenna toppers have squared off pyramid noses, not the cone nose that the "real" Jack sports. But that's beside the point. I understand WHAT it is, I just don't understand why it's there or why that's supposed to be funny.

There's no good ROTS "melted" Palpatine figure out there to repaint into this concept. There's not really any good pre-melted Palps figures either from this movie, but the Saga Ep 2 version has that look at least.

JEDIpartner
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM
The robes on this figure are pretty unique. It would be hard for them to just paint one of the existing figures. They'd have to sculpt some new parts for it, so they might as well just make a whole new figure at that point.

As for Tycho, he's off his mong again. LOL

2-1B
03-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I want a figure based on the stand in stunt guy who did the fighting for Charlotte. That young dude's fake old man hair is noticeable in ROTS.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
While I am disappointed that the Order 66 pack uses that ROTS sculpt, the picture of it doesn't look too bad with the cloak on. Still, I would rather they just use the Evolutions sculpt and give him a better robe.

DarthAngel
05-07-2007, 12:50 AM
With all the advancements that Hasbro has made since ROTS, the few Palpy's that we have gotten have been nothing but rehashes.

Now while it is true that most kids are gonna want to see characters like Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, Vader, and all colored-combination stormies; the man who was soley responsible for Anakin's turn to the dark side gets shafter in the end. Granted he doesn't have as many costume changes as Amidala had, but still look at how many different figures we got of her. If they can do it for Amidala, why not Palpy?

JediTricks
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
To be fair, they also did a really weak job recreating the look of Palpatine post-change - they suck with all "evil" Palps figures except for the Ep 1 Sidious.

Droid
05-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Now while it is true that most kids are gonna want to see characters like Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, Vader, and all colored-combination stormies; the man who was soley responsible for Anakin's turn to the dark side gets shafter in the end.

Yes, but in the end Palpatine's character also literally gets the shaft so I guess that is fitting in a way. :pleased: