PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow's Celebration 4 Exclusives

Darth Cruel
03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I was reading the latest newsletter and it stated that there will be 3 Sideshow exclusives for C4. A 1:6 scale figure, a distributed figure, and a diorama. Now, I wondered to myself: "What in the hell is a distributed figure?", and so I called up Sideshow and asked. It turns out that a distibuted figure is like one of the Hot Toys Alien or Predator figures or the Medicom RAH stuff. So my guess is a Medicom RAH (kinda seems like a no-brainer now that I know what a distributed figure is). I am hoping for the 2nd version of Boba Fett.

JediTricks
03-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I knew that's what they meant by that.

My "hopeful" suspicions are that the distributed figure is Vader and the 12" is Chewie, but the likelihood of either is pretty low.

Darth Cruel
03-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I knew that's what they meant by that.

My "hopeful" suspicions are that the distributed figure is Vader and the 12" is Chewie, but the likelihood of either is pretty low.

JT - Did you ever see the custom 12" Chewbacca that some guy did and had displayed at one of the vendors at about the center of the show at F-n-S? It was on like aisle 700, about 2/3 of the way back from the front on the right side. It was displayed there in a glass case for the longest time...like 2 years. And it had a 500.00 price tag on it. I thought it was a ridiculous price until recently. If I could find it now, I might buy it. It was basically perfect as far as the likeness went. The customizer had added real-looking hair to an existing Hasbro Figure (if I remember correctly). I wish I had a pic of it so I could show Sideshow what their's should look like.

JediTricks
03-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I remember someone flocked a 12" Ally McBacca figure, but not one with real hair. $500 seems steep even for a nice custom, it's never gonna be tall enough using a conventional body or even Hasbro's plastic 1:6th Chewie figures. Still, I'd be very interested in seeing pics of the attempt.

Darth Cruel
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Now they have been! Yavin Luke Skywalker for the Sideshow 12"! Sandtrooper from Medicom! And the Space Slug for an Environment! What awesome news this is!

Darth Cruel
03-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Mods, could you change the title of this thread to indicate that the figures have been unveiled now? Thanks for the help!

JediTricks
03-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Mods, could you change the title of this thread to indicate that the figures have been unveiled now? Thanks for the help!
Ok, will do.

Nice choices, I look forward to seeing the space slug. Yavin Luke is an interesting choice, I wonder if that means we'll be seeing ANH Luke around then as well, since it's the same head.

BTW, I saw it in the SSG news, congrats on the win DC! :thumbsup:

evenflow
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I want the Luke, will pass on the others.

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Ok, will do.

Nice choices, I look forward to seeing the space slug. Yavin Luke is an interesting choice, I wonder if that means we'll be seeing ANH Luke around then as well, since it's the same head.

BTW, I saw it in the SSG news, congrats on the win DC! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It is cool to win those things. I have also made Sideshow Radio with a comment I made about their GYSGT Ermey figure! Sideshow knows how to butter up their customers! I noticed the news post wasn't exactly as I submitted it...maybe it was a little too self-flattering! :D (Actually I did that on purpose to give the mods a laugh...I expected it to be changed)

Jayspawn
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm happy with the exclusives! I'll be getting the Luke and almost certainly the Space Slug diorama. Cant wait to see the pictures and SS's ANH Luke sculpt.

Finally, the 1st real Space Slug collectible!

Turbowars
03-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Here's a pic of Luke
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photoga...6/Luke_CIV.jpg (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1116/Luke_CIV.jpg)

Darth Cruel
03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Turbo...that link is not working for me. Could you double-check it please?

Jayspawn
03-20-2007, 03:53 PM
AAhhh! :confused:

Turbowars
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
It doesn't work for me anymore either. Click on this.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34521&page=4

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
No need to here is the picture

Darkness Shroud
03-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the photo. The figure look pretty cool to me.

tagmac
03-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Looks a little like John Denver (w/o the glasses), but otherwise a really nice-looking figure.

Darth Cruel
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Hmmmm...I missed the priority pre-order this morning. I didn't get on to order the figure until 12:30. But I got one, no problem. And after getting one, I went to post a comment on it and there were only 3 or 4 comments. Only one was complimentary and all of them said they would not be ordering the figure.

Yavin Luke does not seem to be very popular at all.

Bosskman
04-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I just ordered my non-attendee Luke. I think it's a pretty sweet figure by the looks of it. I was worried about missing out but I guess I had no reason to be.

Darth Cruel
04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I like the figure a lot. The first truely accurate Ceremony Luke we have been blessed with. It is disappointing to me that so many people don't like it. I want to see every figure do well that Sideshow makes. I know there will be stinkers...but even Bib Fortuna seems to have more support than this figure. It makes me wonder if this version of Luke will gather dust in the warehouse at Sideshow.

Bosskman
04-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Luke is now sold out. This is good for me cause I got him, and iy means the figure was a successs.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I am glad it sold out. But I am also glad it took a little while as I did have a little trouble getting to the order. Like I mentioned below, i like to see these figures do well. So that is good news! I wonder if they ended up letting more go to the non-attendees.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Ahhh...it is all making sense now. Sideshow has 6,000 of these. And they usually sell 10% to non-attendees. So it is those 600 that sold out. Looking at Sideshow's website, I see that the attendee ones have not yet sold through. I wonder if they will make any of those available to non-attendees. And if so, when?