PDA

View Full Version : There was a fragment of tile in my pizza Hot Pocket. What should I do?

Tycho
03-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Nestle food company owns Hot Pockets - the pastry type of rolls stuffed with everything from breakfast to cheeseburgers.

I bought the sausage / pepperoni pizza style. 2 come per pack. On my first one, mine also included a piece of tile that I bit into.

I considered whether it could be hardened cheese. No way. It was (strated?) tile - well you could see the synthetic nature of its cross-section.

I didn't damage my teeth or anything and the piece is almost smaller than my littlest fingernail, but I saved it. Sure glad I didn't swallow it though! (This happened today, March 10 at about 1:30am when I got hungry for the proverbial midnight snack).

So I'm considering writing the company - as well as not opening the other Pizza Hot Pocket that came in the 2-pack, as maybe I should have someone investigate it - it probably came from the same batch.

What would you do?

bobafrett
03-10-2007, 07:37 AM
You see if it matches any of your tiles at home, and if it does, keep it where you keep your tile repair materials for later, in the event you might chip one. If not, consult with an attorney.

mabudonicus
03-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I would draw a Jesus face on it and seel it on E-bay, personally :beard:Isobaws&

Rocketboy
03-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I would draw a Slicker face on it and keep it in my shirt pocket so I could always keep it close to my heart.

:love:

LusiferSam
03-10-2007, 08:56 PM
There should be a phone number on the packaging to call with questions or concerns. Once you have totally eliminated the possibly that it came from your house, I'd call that number. Most food companies want to about these types of problems PQD. If you haven't saved the packaging (ie the box) don't bother calling. They normally want to know a serial number or the like and where you bought it from.

Kidhuman
03-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I would stop licking the floor before you eat

Tycho
03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
There should be a phone number on the packaging to call with questions or concerns. Once you have totally eliminated the possibly that it came from your house, I'd call that number. Most food companies want to about these types of problems PQD. If you haven't saved the packaging (ie the box) don't bother calling. They normally want to know a serial number or the like and where you bought it from.

Yeah. I have all that stuff. The Hot Pocket came in a clear wrapper with a cardboard cooking sleeve, in its merchandising box with the other identical product. I simply unwrapped it and put it on a non-damaged plate and microwaved it for a minute, then at it. At the very last few bites, I found there was something in my mouth that I couldn't chew, and I picked out the hard part and it was a white tile fragment. There's no way that could have come from my house and gotten in my mouth. It had to have been provided as part of my Hot Pocket.

One of our family attorneys (who won't want to represent me in this matter) can be reached tomorrow, so I'll ask and request a referral if there's a reason in his opinion. I just never thought of myself as one of these sue-happy, money-grubbing leaches. But now I can always aspire to be one. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
03-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I would've eaten it. Chances are you've had worse things and didn't know it.

2-1B
03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
It's just the crust.

And if you buy the whole grain version, they don't even put that stupid microwave jacket in the box.

Slicker
03-11-2007, 12:52 AM
I would say, stop being a **** and just eat the other Hot Pocket.

2-1B
03-11-2007, 01:11 AM
I think Slicker has been eating alchohol flavored Hot Pockets tonight. :cry:

Darth Cruel
03-11-2007, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead eating Hot Pockets. But if I found myself in the same situation while eating one of my beloved (and long missed since they were discontinued) Pizza Grande Burritos from 7-11, this is what I would do:

I would call the makers of the food item and after telling them about what happened, I would offer to send the tile chunk to them in case they wanted to investigate where it came from in the production process.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-11-2007, 03:51 AM
See, you should have had the Lean Pockets. Those are the ones I get. 75% less tile.

I once had a beef burrito that had some nasty looking piece of something in it, though it at least appeared to have come from the cow.

Tenric78
03-11-2007, 04:26 AM
I would say, stop being a **** and just eat the other Hot Pocket.

Are you implying that homosexuals don't eat hot pockets because they are more health conscious?

I like the breaded ones, I really don't eat the other kind any more.

And don't call a lawyer, that's just dumb. I'd write to them complaining and asking for free products or coupons. They should be happy to provide you with some freebies. Ask for a T-shirt too and maybe some water bottles or some crap!

Tycho
03-11-2007, 06:10 AM
That would be awesome if they made double front pouch T-shirts for girls that said "Hot Pockets" on them. I know just the chick to give that to! :D

Water bottles would be useful for the gym should I be working out because I bought their regular product with 75% more TILE (too funny there MSP)

Blue2th
03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh No! Don't send in that tile to Nestle. Take it to yout attorney with all the evidence. Make sure you take a pair of pliers and chip off a piece of one of your teeth. That way you could get "pain and suffering " damages. It's a lot less traumatic than cutting off a finger and putting it in Wendy's chile.

Droid
03-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Throw the tile and the box away and get on with your life.

You don't have any damages!

Blue2th
03-11-2007, 12:41 PM
You know I was just being sarcastic don't you? I forgot to put the "roll-your-eyes" smiley-face on there. Hope I didn't put any "damages" to your thoughts.

Slicker
03-11-2007, 12:50 PM
My mom had a chicken pot pie with a claw in it...seriously.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-11-2007, 01:32 PM
My mom had a chicken pot pie with a claw in it...seriously.Of all the things I keep reading here about Slicker's mom, now we have to add voodoo to the list?

Tenric78
03-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Barf :shocked:

That's really gross man.

JimJamBonds
03-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Someplace in this world Jim Gaffigan is crying over this.

Kidhuman
03-11-2007, 09:10 PM

It was a Lobster pot pie for the last time

El Chuxter
03-11-2007, 10:18 PM
I had a chicken pot pie once, and Slicker's Mom was smiling up from my plate.

mtriv73
03-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Was it a piece of bathroom tile? If so, Nestle really needs to enforce that "wash your hands before you come back to work" rule a little more.

plasticfetish
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Tycho, aside from just not eating cr*p food anymore (I mean seriously, talk about begging for more health trouble), you should just write and tell them what you found. They'll more than likely send you a "sorry" letter with a bunch of coupons for free Hot Pockets.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 09:14 PM
They'll more than likely send you a "sorry" letter with a bunch of coupons for free Hot Pockets.

That would be great so I can have more crap food. But seriously, you're right PF. The Hot Pockets thing was an impulse buy and like a treat because I got a craving for pizza and I didn't want to wait longer than 1 minute for one to cook.

plasticfetish
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I just envisioned editing you last post. ;)

El Chuxter
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
That would be great so I can have more crap food. But seriously, you're right PF. The Hot Pockets thing was an impulse buy and like a treat because I got a craving for pizza and I didn't want to wait longer than 1 minute for one to cook.

Except I thought they took three minutes to cook? :confused:

mabudonicus
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
One minute is al-dente, Chux, not surprised you are lacking knowledge of European food preparation techniques :beard:Isobaws&

Tycho
03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Except I thought they took three minutes to cook? :confused:

My microwave is really strong for some reason. Whatever the food prep instructions say on the package, I have to cut down the cook time or I'll fry my food and probably cause a blackout in the greater San Diego area while I'm at it.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Most of the Lean Pockets I eat are two minutes, some 1:30 or 1:45.

2-1B
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
The trick is to not store them frozen.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Step one on the back of the box: Unwrap frozen product.

2-1B
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Bah, I take a box out of my fridge at nuke 'em that way.

If I have a box for lunch at work, I take it out of the refridgerator at 6:45 am and let it sit unchilled at my desk for 5 or 6 hours before I warm it up. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2007, 02:05 AM
You rebel. :twisted:

jjreason
03-15-2007, 05:29 AM
I like to gum them into submission right from the frozen state - but then I'm Canadian.

2-1B
03-15-2007, 10:23 PM
You rebel. :twisted:

With a Rebel Yelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. :D

I like to gum them into submission right from the frozen state - but then I'm Canadian.

Do the Ham and Cheese Lean Pockets destined for Canada get packed in boxes labeled as Canadian Bacon and Cheese ? lol

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
With a Rebel Yelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. :D

Do the Ham and Cheese Lean Pockets destined for Canada get packed in boxes labeled as Canadian Bacon and Cheese ? lolI doubt it. I don't think they call it Canadian bacon up there. That's what they call 'back bacon' if I'm not mistaken.

UKWildcat
03-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Damn! You mean to tell me you didn't swallow the poisonous tile Tycho? My plan hath failed me. I have an uncle that works at the Hot Pocket factory in Kentucky and he'll be saddened to hear that the attempt was unsuccessful. Just keep buying and eating Hot Pockets Tycho... ;)

(BTW - I really do have an uncle that works at the factory in KY, I beleive there are only like two factories in the nation)