PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ROTJ Jabba thread......

Bosskman
03-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Enough is enough. Hasbro, give us a real ROTJ Jabba and do it now. I was partially placated by the deluxe Saga one, but after getting the Sideshow one, evertime I look at it it reminds me of how un-jabba-like it really is.

Please, just get some photo references from the original version of ROTJ and make a Jabba figure off of them. Ignore any false Jabba made since then. No CG green Grimaces, no brightly colored giant heads on uniformy tapering bodies, no disfiguring action features, no rehashes of any part of any false Jabba already made by you. I want him with his throne, pipe, bowl, and a colpletly new Salacious B Crumb.

You made so many figures better than I ever hoped. Look at Ephant Mon, and Amanaman and use them as your inspiration for the most perfect Jabba the Hutt figure the world has ever seen.

Throw in a old school Sy Snootles and Yarna while your at it.

DarkArtist
03-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Enough is enough. Hasbro, give us a real ROTJ Jabba and do it now. I was partially placated by the deluxe Saga one, but after getting the Sideshow one, evertime I look at it it reminds me of how un-jabba-like it really is.

Please, just get some photo references from the original version of ROTJ and make a Jabba figure off of them. Ignore any false Jabba made since then. No CG green Grimaces, no brightly colored giant heads on uniformy tapering bodies, no disfiguring action features, no rehashes of any part of any false Jabba already made by you. I want him with his throne, pipe, bowl, and a colpletly new Salacious B Crumb.

You made so many figures better than I ever hoped. Look at Ephant Mon, and Amanaman and use them as your inspiration for the most perfect Jabba the Hutt figure the world has ever seen.

Throw in a old school Sy Snootles and Yarna while your at it.

I'm all for a ROTJ Jabba even thoough the Saga one was alright in my book. I would even like to see a Jabba from the Star Wars Special Edition DVD.

bigbarada
04-07-2007, 10:25 AM
It's really inconceivable to me why this hasn't been made. It's such a natural for a toy and wasn't the vintage version a pretty big hit in the 80s when it first came out? They kept rereleasing it all the way into the POTF days, so it must have sold pretty well.

I'd definitely buy one.

2-1B
04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
do they have the tooling from the OG release ? Just knock that thing out again and slap some more detailed paint on it...

Kidhuman
04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I would love an updated Throne and Jabba. The vintage one still holds up better than the newer ones released. The fact he doesnt have his dais with him is absurd.

Jargo
04-15-2007, 08:28 PM
They may be waiting for the TV show to air. If Jabba and bounty hunter Fett the younger play a role in that we may get a decent Jabba then.

As for his dias, well they could release that with any of the characters from the throne room even split it into sections and put a part with several figures in a wave. that way it would fit on a blister. or several. and to finish off give a figure the spit roaster from behind the throne.

JediTricks
04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
They're waiting on EVERYTHING for the show if it isn't a right-now idea, kinda drives me nuts.

The Kenner toy was great for its time, but nothing there I think can be brought forward to today without significant tooling for accuracy's sake, and at that point I'd rather see them put that notion aside and start from scratch.

I'd like to see a real ROTJ Jabba - actually, I'd like to see them do 2: the first would be the plastic action figure one with movable tail and head and arms, and it'd look great and have a nice throne and just be all around nifty addition; then the second one would essentially be a puppet, rubber skin like the Jabba Glob figure with an opening mouth, movable eyelids and glassy opening/closing irises within, arms that can move more across his body than plastic would allow, and a tail that can go crazy - this one would be less for play and more for display.

Jargo
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
yeah the second one is my dream Jabba. TOYBIZ had the right idea with their LOTR horse and stuff but it was limited. the skeleton parts with joints undr a rubber skin was cool as a concept though. I'd even say they could do a regular kids styled jabba in the same way. maybe an ANH Jabba facing forward with the tail out behind. then the second version straight from the throne room in ROTJ. because obviously Lucas let the CGI team make ANH Jabba more blue toned and a different shape where the jabba from TPM was different again and even fatter than ROTJ jabba.
or if they only did the ROTJ jabba they could at least give us an EU Hutt. Gardulla would be cool. but there's plenty of Hutt's in the EU. and the Hutt's are a cool alien species. not evil in the crisp Imperial way but just downright nasty and malicious and shifty and vile and repugnant. really cool. tons more depth to them than conventional baddies.
a rubbery well articulated accurately coloured and posable/playable Jabba and any other Hutt would be fantastic. And not in a beast assortment either. Jabba is a character not a dumb attack beast or beast of burden. He's a fully drawn character that deserves some attention and the correct status he deserves. We get an SA version of IG-88 and he's in the movie for a couple of minutes with no lines and no importance. then Jabba who is a major character gets really crappy treatment and no love. that's not right.
cut back on Tatooine Lukesand *yawn* Vaders and give us a fabulous Jabba.

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 08:44 PM
IG-88 is in the movie for less than 15 seconds, and most of that his leg, so of course he needs not 1 but 2 high-quality modern figures. :rolleyes:

I dunno how many folks have messed with the Jabba Glob figure, it's badly off-color and looks like a weird gimmick toy, not an action figure, but he's a really cool action figure out of the package and a good representation of Jabba (minus the color issues), so good they used it as the basis for the Saga plastic version. The Globba's rubbery mouth opens so you can barf glob from within or eat frogs, it also hold can hold the tongue from Saga Jabba either rightside-up or upside-down which is a more salacious look (pun not intended). The rubbery body also makes the hard plastic arms much more usable, as now Jabba can feed himself unlike the plastic figure whose arms are far away from his body.

All that of course is only a start of what could be sheer genius, if only Hasbro would try. You want a $20 seller Hasbro? Rubber puppet Jabba with FULL throne and maybe an Oola or Leia Slave pack-in.