PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Series 3" Vehicle Price Increase

JediTricks
03-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Going up a buck at all the major retailers.

The Titanium Series 3" vehicles have been at the $5 pricepoint since their inception back in '04, it made sense since they're around the size as the action figures and have few moving parts. For the past month or so now, Wal-mart has gone to a higher $6 pricepoint for the small vehicles, while the other chains stayed at $5. However, now the competition has jumped on the bandwagon as well. I stopped in at my local Toys R Us store and they had new tags on the pegs at $5.99, and then at the local Target a few miles away it was the same situation, new tags and the price was already in the system, I paid $5.99 plus tax for a Titanium Series Rebel Blockade Runner.

Perhaps even stranger, HasbroToyShop.com still has individual Titanium Series vehicles priced at $4.99 plus tax and shipping. Whether this will soon change as well is unknown.

figrin bran
03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
i could've sworn that titaniums were still $4.99 this morning at one of our local targets (West Hollywood), JT.

joshephe
03-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Today I noticed something interesting about the two targets in my town. One of them has the price listed as 4.99, but the other one has the price listed as 5.89. So which price is right?

BountyHunterScum
03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I see someone deleted my message, very rude. This price increase is dumb.

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I see someone deleted my message, very rude. This price increase is dumb.
Nobody deleted your message, you posted it in the Spotter thread.

Figgy, I haven't been there in a few weeks (I hate the parking there), but Eagle Rock and Burbank were both $5.89 yesterday and Friday when I was last there, my guess is the price in the system is going up and if they don't change the pegs' tags, you'll have to fight to get that $4.99.

The increase is pretty lame IMO.

Kidhuman
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Meh, I will still buy them

ascmclarencoupe
03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Meh, I will still buy them

I agree, this isn't going to slow me down from buying them.

I am one of the newbies here having only started buying them after I saw the Hasbro display at Celebration III. I remember the Galoob line the first time around but I never bought any of them at that time and have regretted it since. Then I missed the whole AF line and I am REALLY regretting that.

When I saw the Titanium display at CIII, I was very excited about the possibility of collecting this line from the beginning and jumped in with both feet.
If the continuation of the line requires a price increase, so be it. I would rather have that then it being discontinued.

BountyHunterScum
03-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Nobody deleted your message, you posted it in the Spotter thread.

Figgy, I haven't been there in a few weeks (I hate the parking there), but Eagle Rock and Burbank were both $5.89 yesterday and Friday when I was last there, my guess is the price in the system is going up and if they don't change the pegs' tags, you'll have to fight to get that $4.99.

The increase is pretty lame IMO.

Oh ok it's easy to lose track of stuff on here. Hell yeah it's lame. Now I'm going to have to get even pickier when buying these. I'm going to have to really think about it, was the scene this vehicle was in so exciting I must have it or is something else worth more and so on. Gawd. I just got the corgi Star Trek stuff via UPS today.

figrin bran
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
i'll still buy them as well but will probably be more selective about it. the worst part of this price increase is that it doesn't mean that the paint apps will get any better nor will they use less plastic on the hulls (i'm thinking of anakin's clone wars JSF specifically).

JediTricks
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, increasing discrimination on these is going to be my thing, they solved my conundrum of whether or not to buy the Dewback - I held off, now it's $6, no way in hell I'm going to bother with it. Also, where I might have bought multiples of some ships before, that's almost certainly dead now.

BountyHunterScum
03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I would have bought a few Imperial Attack Cruisers but now I may not buy any at all.

Darth Michael
03-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Confirmed the price increase here at a Target. However, looking at the peg labels, it appears they are trying to price the Star Wars Titaniums at the $6-ish level, while the Transformer Titaniums stay at the $5 level. Of course, the two series were completely mixed on the pegs. And, I wonder if the Battlestar Galactica material belongs to the Star Wars or Transformer space.

JediTricks
03-21-2007, 07:22 PM
The BSGs ship with the Star Wars vehicles so it should be put out with the SW stuff, not the TF guys.

joshephe
03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
for me one of the targets in my area still has all the titanium ships list at the same price. I did a price scan on a star wars one and the price came up as 4.99.

joshephe
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
the second target in my town finally increased the price of the star wars titanium ships.

Darth Michael
04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Back when my local Wal-Mart first increased their prices, I argued for (and eventually got (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=34241)) a price match on about 10 or so recent Titanium purchases. I recall one of the arguments the WM representative used during the debate. He said that, even with the price increase, they would sell. (Except for the Sandrcrawlers, he admitted.) At the time, the Titanium stock was moving pretty well, so I couldn't deflect that point.

But now, here we are only a few weeks later: The Titanium pegs at Wal-Mart are positively clogged. In your face Wal-Mart! Perhaps the price increase wasn't such a good idea after all!

I'd feel vindicated, except that I know warm pegs and slow sales will cause the series to die sooner.

LTBasker
04-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Yeah, noticed theres a severe lack of Titanium sales here too. Closest Wal-Mart doesn't even sell Titaniums anymore, only other closest Wal-Mart is clogged mostly with Transformers and Spidey 3.

This is gonna get interesting... >_<

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Between the TFs and Spider-Man Titaniums clogging up the SW pegs and the price increase, I too have noticed a significant slowdown on SW Titanium sales. And yet, the HTS price remains the lower $5.