PDA

View Full Version : USPS Star Wars Program

abell748
03-11-2007, 05:17 AM
It is cool that they will have stamps for the 30th Ann. , but those pale in comparison to the SWEEEET R2-D2 mailbox. I hope that they make those availible to people later. If they do not, I wonder how many will be stolen?

Slicker
03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Stamps? Friggin' sweet.

Do you happen to have any pictures of 'em or a link?

DarkArtist
03-11-2007, 03:25 PM
It is cool that they will have stamps for the 30th Ann. , but those pale in comparison to the SWEEEET R2-D2 mailbox. I hope that they make those availible to people later. If they do not, I wonder how many will be stolen?

I'd want one I know that. the stamps could be cool as well.

Rocketboy
03-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Stamps? Friggin' sweet.

Do you happen to have any pictures of 'em or a link?
Mailboxes (http://theforce.net/topstory/story/R2D2_Mailboxes_Confirm_Rumors_104142.asp), but no stamp pics yet.
They also have the website http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/ on the boxes, but as of right now, the site isn't up yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Those mailboxes are sweet! :eek:
I can't wait to see the stamps. I like how they're doing all this stuff even though it's not a movie year.

Slicker
03-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Man, I would sooooo steal one of them mailboxes.

2-1B
03-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Indeed Slicker, totally worth the felony risk ! :grin:

JimJamBonds
03-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Man, I would sooooo steal one of them mailboxes.

Lets hope then that those mail boxes hit the street in the next couple of days so you can steal one (or more) before leaving for Japan.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Ok, somebody, somewhere is gonna steal one of those, felony or no felony, there are some crazy assssssssses out there. Remember the people that stole a copy of episode one from a movie theatre?? Uh huh! It's gonna happen! It's only a matter of time.

I think we should place bets or do a poll or something on how long it will...actually how short it will take until someone steals one! :thumbsup: :yes:

Rocketboy
03-12-2007, 10:23 PM
More info from TFN (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/More_Details_On_R2D2_Mailboxes_104219.asp):

TFN: How many will there be?
"There are 80-something postal districts around the country, most of which are gettting four of the R2D2 boxes each, so figure 320 or so of these will be spread out across the nation."

TFN: Where will they be located?
"People won't be seeing R2D2 on every corner. They will be placed in high-traffic, highly visible locations."

TFN: What additional security measures if any are being taken to prevent theft?
"I can't tell you about the security measures, but hopefully fans will remember that these are real mail boxes, with real mail inside, and will face a serious federal offense if they try to steal one."Kinda sucks, since I don't live in a big city (which it sounds like that is where they'll be) and won't even see one.

Rocketboy
03-15-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/
The site now has something on it.
Simple, but pretty funny.

pbarnard
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Nice of the post office to give me a birthday present.

timmae
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
how many stamps to degobah for a #10 envelope. how long would it take? it probrobly would get lost before it left earth. i hope the natalie portman are NOT the self adheasive ones too. :love: i'm gonna get a few sheets of these. :thumbsup:

K M Toydarian
04-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Anyone getting the prepaid Expressmail envelopes on Friday? They go up for pre order then.
They are cool looking, but it seems to me a flat rate express mail envelope is 14.40, and the Star Wars ones will be sold in 3 packs. $43.20?
I know the price is for the shipping, but it it certainly not a collectible item I can afford to get on a whim, for the packaging. Hopefully someone will have to send me something overnight and will use one!

I wish the Priority mail supplies were going to be themed instead.

On another note, it's going to be a Star Wars card Christmas this year! That's about the only time I use stamps and send real world mail nowadays. :D

JediTricks
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I hadn't heard about those envelopes, sounds kinda interesting, got a link?

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Link:

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/products.html?route=3pack.s&source=SWUSPS07

Seems like the Joke is on Mtriv as he doesnt know the Hokies suck

bobafrett
04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I've voted on a stamp several times (once a day) but still am not getting the e-mail with the link to confirm my vote.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Holy s***, those envelopes are freakin' sweet.

JediTricks
04-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Link:

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/products.html?route=3pack.s&source=SWUSPS07
Danke schoen. Hmm, looks like they just swiped some ROTS stock merchandising photos and slapped 'em on a new background, kinda lame. If they're mylar, I may get 'em, but I'm not very inclined at this point.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Got my stamps today at the USPS. I almost forgot they had them; I was mailing a package to Kidhuman and told the employee no when he asked if there wwas anything else he could do. Before he rang me up for the postage, I then said yes and asked for the sheet of stamps. First collectable stamps I ever bought.

JimJamBonds
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I saw the R2 mail box on the Marquette University campus a few weeks ago and I have to say its freakin' sweet!

Kidhuman
07-04-2007, 10:50 PM
The all Yoda stamp sheet will be out in September

bobafrett
07-05-2007, 06:22 AM
The all Yoda stamp sheet will be out in September

Should have been the Stormtrooper stamps. They only ranked 8th however. I think it was rigged.

JediTricks
07-05-2007, 10:37 PM
I picked up a set when I sent out some stuff 2 weeks ago, my only complaint was that they didn't have an envelope to protect them, the only one they had was half the size.

Kidhuman
07-05-2007, 10:52 PM
JT, I took one of the Priority evelopes to put them in when I left.

JediTricks
07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Ah, yeah, that would have been good, but my post office is a total nutcase about that sort of thing so I didn't dare it this time.

sergiurusu
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I got 2 sheets of stamps myself and had one photo-framed :)

JediTricks
07-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Looks good, I'm considering doing the same thing but haven't had a lot of luck with framing in the past. Is it clear on the back though to show off the back text?

In a way, it looks too classy to be stamps. :D

sergiurusu
07-10-2007, 02:05 AM
It is not clear in the back but I have 2 extra stamp sheets if I want to read the text. On the other hand I'd never display it backwards, even with clear back :D

bobafrett
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I am curious if there is a difference in the "First day of release stamps", and the ones I picked up at the post office. The reason I ask is, I was doing a costumed event at the unvieling of the stamps. Afterwards I was able to buy two sets of stamps. A lady in line at the event, told me not to get the stamps cancelled because they are "First day of release stamps", and that they are worth more. When I picked up a set at the post office, I compared them with the ones I bought at the show, and can't see any differences in the two sets.

bobafrett
07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Here is the event I am talking about. You can see me in my Tusken gear in the middle of the picture.

Kidhuman
07-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Nice pic Fett.

JediTricks
07-11-2007, 07:53 PM
There is only 1 Star Wars stamp pane from what I can tell, some have been canceled on the actual stamps still in the pane, and then there's 15 different first-day cancellation envelopes given out at Celebration IV with 1 stamp per envelope, but I don't think the panes are any different.