PDA

View Full Version : What Star Wars stars do you think it would be cool to meet?

Tycho
03-11-2007, 08:35 AM
This is not about collecting autographs, this is about chilling with the actors and talking Star Wars with them.

I have met Mark Hammil, but would love to speak with him again.

Harrison Ford would be so cool to chat with.

Ian McDiarmid is top notch!

Samuel L. Jackson would be cool to meet.

Ewan McGreggor is only slightly older than most of us and might share the fandom perspective a little from his own experience.

Yes, Natalie is beautiful, but this is not a "who would you date?" thread. She might not be able to tell Geonosians and Kaminoans apart, much less care.

I don't know what Hayden would be like. It seems he's put Star Wars behind him.

David Prowse is very cool, btw.

Anthony Daniels is amazing and very kind to the fans.

Carrie Fisher? Well I'm not too sure about her. I've met her but she seemed confused.

Except for Prowse, (and maybe Daniels) who are not on the same tier as these other stars, meeting them was not the same thing as chatting with them. They don't have the time at their convention experiences (if they even bother going to them).

Oh - and add John Williams to the list of those I admire and would like to meet.

stillakid
03-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Peter Cushing, mainly because he's dead. Though I suppose that's less "cool," and a bit more "interesting."

Slicker
03-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I'd have to go with Harry Ford. He's got alot more stories to tell than the others about "the biz". I'm also a fan of the Indiana Jones movies so I'd talk about them too.:thumbsup:

Dar' Argol
03-11-2007, 01:02 PM
I met Ray Park and he was super awesome! I'd definitely like to hang with him for a while!

I think Peter Mayhew would be a trip to chill with. I just kinda see him as being a complete goofball, and I can relate . . he he he.

I'd like to chat it up with Warwick Davis as well. I think that he's got quite a few tales to tell considering all the films he's been in.

Blue2th
03-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I would like to meet Ewan McGregor. To see if he is decended from the famous Scottsman Rob Roy McGregor? Wonder if he ever discussed this with Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon-Jinn) who played Rob Roy (interesting coincedence) I wouldn't want to bother him too much, but my mother's side (Australians) were McGregors decended from Rob Roy McGregor of the Mcgregor Clan........Wouldn't mind meeting Natalie Portman. She has an interesting background history. Her paternal grandparents were killed by the Nazis in the Holocaust. She is very smart. Has political views that I agree with, and has starred in many great Indy films. Ever since I saw her as a little child in the "Professional" I thought she was destined to be a great actress. She has more depth of character than just playing Padme.

JimJamBonds
03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Ahmed Best.

Darth Cruel
03-11-2007, 01:58 PM
None of them. I realize that mine is an opinion that is not shared by many. But I do not see the need to give so much credit to the actors. I simply do not see Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu. Nor do I see Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala, nor Carrie Fisher as Liea...etc, etc...

I only see them as the stand-in for the characters. Sorta like an actor's body double. They have a use, but do not really warrant all the celebration for their services. They got paid, they are dismissed now. Thanks for playing.

I think this aspect of the discussion warrants a thread all it's own.

Tycho
03-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Blue2th, you make a great case for meeting Natalie Portman that I didn't consider.

Dar'Argol - I totally forgot about Ray Park! I've met him on several occasions and he is super cool. I did martial arts for a number of years and I'd love to have a training session / sparring workout with him (with MR lightsabers of course!)

Tycho
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I think this aspect of the discussion warrants a thread all it's own.

Start it up and link to it. I'll play. I kind of get what you were saying DC.

Blue2th
03-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Some of these actors have gone beyond Star Wars. Some that's all they have. Though I like Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu. I remember him best as the bible quoting, gun toting "Jewels" in Pulp Fiction. Either way he's a bad MF! Come to think of it, he's always a bad MF in every role he plays. I wouldn't mind meeting him, or hangin' out with him. I wonder what his real favorite color is?

2-1B
03-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Natalie Portman and Deadeye.

Jargo
03-11-2007, 03:21 PM
i think actors are fairly boring. it's the dwelling on the roles they've played and self important attitude of so many that put me off continuing a career in acting. I got so bored of all the 'when i played so and so at such and such theatre' or 'when we were filming such and such in thataplace' anecdotal self agrandising.
it's just a job. mostly just repeating words and actions parrot fashion. and delivering the lines with an agreed between actor and director way with certain emotions and inflections designed to illicit a particular response from the audience. with film and telly it's even easier because you have the camera to shape the events and then the music and sound effects to boost the atmosphere. Not to mention the lighting and location. it's all just mechanical. hit the mark, say the line do the action, time it right, give the cue. nothing magical to it.

JimJamBonds
03-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Dengar for this guy.

2-1B
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't mind meeting that guy who voiced 2-1B.

And maybe Jake Lloyd, as well.

Dengar for this guy.

Unfortunately, Morris Bush has passed away. :cry:

mtriv73
03-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, and James Earl Jones.

I wouldn't ask a single question about Star Wars though. I just like to listen to them talk about their lives and the different characters they have played.

stillakid
03-11-2007, 04:24 PM
i think actors are fairly boring. it's the dwelling on the roles they've played and self important attitude of so many that put me off continuing a career in acting. I got so bored of all the 'when i played so and so at such and such theatre' or 'when we were filming such and such in thataplace' anecdotal self agrandising.
it's just a job. mostly just repeating words and actions parrot fashion. and delivering the lines with an agreed between actor and director way with certain emotions and inflections designed to illicit a particular response from the audience. with film and telly it's even easier because you have the camera to shape the events and then the music and sound effects to boost the atmosphere. Not to mention the lighting and location. it's all just mechanical. hit the mark, say the line do the action, time it right, give the cue. nothing magical to it.

...but you know bad acting when you see it. There is a bit more to it than going through the mechanics of spewing out dialogue and moving about.

Jargo
03-11-2007, 07:07 PM
There used to be. it used to be an artform. it's just emoting by numbers these days. I can't remember the last movie I watched where i was held by the work of the actors and didn't drift off and end up looking a the sets or the lighting or take note of the editing and camera angles. Prhaps that's the fault of the directors, or the editors. Not sure but being totally honest i think 99% of actors totally suck at their job.

El Chuxter
03-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I met Hammil's son once, briefly, through a mutual friend. Nothing major, just sort of I'm hanging out with this one dude, and he sees a pal and introduces us. Then after the fact, says, "You just met Mark Hammil's son."

MDP, all actors are hacks except for Mr Depp. That man could act like a paper sack and make it an Oscar-worthy performance.

And to answer the question, the lady who played Dorme. She was hot.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I think Ian McDiarmid had clear ability and ROTS demonstrates that.

Outside of Star Wars, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are great actors.

I see merit in some of what Jargo is saying - but it depends on who we're talking about. But others like Ray Park are not known for their Shakespeare, but have different angles to their lives that make them interesting.

Luuuuuuke
03-12-2007, 01:32 AM
The only one I'd be really excited to meet because I'm an overall fan of his movies is Harrison Ford. A no-brainer for me.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2007, 03:02 AM
There are only two actor types in this whole world I'd like to meet and it is because of their sense of humor in real life that they have...so far I've met one (and have the autograph of another from a book signing that was at Barnes and Noble but I wasn't able to make it so they saved me a copy) and they are...

Carrie Fisher who I finally got to meet, and saw again at "Wishful Drinking"

and

Alan Alda whose autograph I have but still have yet to meet! I hope I hope I hope I get to meet him some day. What I'd love to do is hang out with these two, NOT talk about characters they've played but just sit back and talk and laugh about life and hear gobs of funny stories that they have to tell! I have a pretty wicked sense of humor myself and I know I could "humor" right along with them and that would be damn FUN!

Tycho
03-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Deoxy, you look like you get along great with Carrie Fisher in that one picture of the two of you that you have.

I had good report with Anthony Daniels, Ray Park, David Prowse. I don't think I really got the chance to visit with many other Star Wars stars - oh Danny Logan actually. His father died about the time that my mother passed. It was strange kind of catharsis, but he and John Morton (Dak) helped me out with a charity sale of those large Yoda and Watto sculpts (Don Post Studios I think) when we raised money for kids' parks-recreation programs. I'd totally forgotten about that. Anyway, I don't remember what prompted that, but Danny Logan (Fett, Jr.) and I just started talking while Sansweet overlooked some things to Lucasfilm-approve my program.

Another funny thing was that John Morton took a walk with me through Comic Con to go and check out the exclusive Snowspeeder set (and bought one) with the first Dak Rallter action figure packed in. Too funny.

CaptainSolo1138
03-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I'd like to meet Jira, the old lady from the market, just to see if she made it home before the storm hit. Her poor, poor aching bones.

Jargo
03-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I've been thinking about this overnight and decided if I 'met' anyone involved with star wars it would be whoever is in charge of the archive. I'm probably more interested in the designs and crafts that created the costumes, props, models and matte paintings than anything. seeing that stuff would mean so much more to me than hanging with any of the actors. I could spend weeks in the archive just being among the results of all that skill and artistry. That to me would be the ultimate. the artifacts.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Jargo, did the Smithsonian Star Wars exhibit go to England? You would have really liked seeing that. Or if you can attend any of the "Celebrations," they bring their costume and prop archives, even sometimes some full-sized ships (small Jedi Starfighters) and I think the X-wing they had at C1 and Comic Con was created just for the Cons, as it wasn't full-size as that would have been terribly large. (Anyway, I couldn't even lift the small one with the Force)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I've been thinking about this overnight and decided if I 'met' anyone involved with star wars it would be whoever is in charge of the archive. I'm probably more interested in the designs and crafts that created the costumes, props, models and matte paintings than anything. seeing that stuff would mean so much more to me than hanging with any of the actors. I could spend weeks in the archive just being among the results of all that skill and artistry. That to me would be the ultimate. the artifacts.

I absolutely agree with you here. Could you imagine?! Ah, if I died among those archives, I'd die a happy person! It would probably take more time to go through the Lucas Archives than it would through the Louvre or the Met!! :yes:

2-1B
03-14-2007, 10:47 PM
MDP, all actors are hacks except for Mr Depp.

and Sacha Baron Cohen. :)

I'd like to meet Jira, the old lady from the market, just to see if she made it home before the storm hit. Her poor, poor aching bones.

but what about yours? :confused:

Jargo, did the Smithsonian Star Wars exhibit go to England? You would have really liked seeing that. Or if you can attend any of the "Celebrations," they bring their costume and prop archives,

Plus there are the fans who bring their own incarnations. :)