PDA

View Full Version : Brad Delp lead singer of Boston, died

bobafrett
03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I heard about this yesterday. Boston was a band that both my father and I listened too. I had hoped to catch them a few years back when they toured, but missed out. Story below:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258108,00.html

ATKINSON, N.H. Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

El Chuxter
03-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I propose a moment of silence, after which we all crank our stereos to 11 and blast "More Than a Feeling."

He wasn't the biggest name in rock, but he'll be missed.

:cry:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Their debut album is one of the best albums of all time in my opinion, and "More Than A Feeling" is a classic.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
sorry to say, twas a suicide.

From Pollstar:

Delp's Death Was Suicide
Updated 14:41 PDT Wed, Mar 14 2007
(Associated Press, Concord, N.H.) The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said his death was a suicide.
"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police Wednesday. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."
Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home. Fiancee Pamela Sullivan found him.
Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan.
Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters.
The family's statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and their mother, Delp's ex-wife Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received.
Brad Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time."
Delp had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with a tribute band, Beatle Juice.
Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson, a small town of about 6,000 residents on the Massachusetts border.
The family said last week it planned a private funeral followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later

bobafrett
03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
That is sad. I heard about it on the radio today, and the DJ kept saying he had two charcoal BBQ's in his bathroom.

2-1B
03-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Boston was better than Rush.

bobafrett
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Boston was better than Rush.

I will not have such talk here! Get real, Boston was what, 3 albums maybe, Rush is eternity.

pbarnard
03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I will not have such talk here! Get real, Boston was what, 3 albums maybe, Rush is eternity.

Yet, Rush is still considered the third best Canadian recording artist ever behind Bare Naked Ladies and Anne Muary!!!!

At least Boston was the first good group out of their respective city who didn't sell out and make power ballads only these days.

2-1B
03-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Yet, Rush is still considered the third best Canadian recording artist ever behind Bare Naked Ladies and Anne Muary!!!!

Bare Naked Ladies suck, but Anne Murray is the balls. :grin:

At least Boston was the first good group out of their respective city who didn't sell out and make power ballads only these days.

:confused:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Boston and Rush should form a supergroup called "Brush".

pbarnard
03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
:confused:

The group that made that Armageddon song forgetting their roots in things like Dream On and Walk this Way, even their Alicia Silverstone videodays held more promise than current stuff.

2-1B
03-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh. That band. You can see why I was confused because you said they only make power ballads "these days" when they haven't released a ballad since 2001. ;) The last radio single was a rocker last Fall that was tacked on to a compilation...and the album before that was a blues-rock record in 2004. :)

Back to Boston though, I liked their power ballad "Amanda." Good tune. :)