PDA

View Full Version : Why army-build Airborne and Galactic Marines?

Tycho
03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
OK, this is not a criticism. For those of you wanting to do something different, I'd love to hear about it (or see pictures).

But I am only buying:

2 Airbornes
4 Galactic Marines

- no matter what I get access to.

Why?

For Utopau, the Airborne were not seen that much. There is the one close-up of an Airborne helping a fallen Clone, and I think I should display one on my single Republic Gunship I'm going to use in that scene. The Separatists will only have the 3 types of infantry droids and a Crab droid. I don't want to over-build my Clone forces which will also feature Obi-Wan on Boga, off to the side, wrestling for the taser staff with General Grievous on his wheelbike, not to mention a couple Utopau Warriors adding to the Republic side of the build-up. I need to keep the scene simple.

For Mygeeto, it's unimportant to show more of the battle versus the Separatists. Every planet had another battle versus the same kind of droids, basically (on Mygeeto they were similar to the ones used on Coruscant in the Clone Wars cartoon - but so? I might by Yoda on Kybuck to face off with those if need be (and Mace's purple starfighter if it gets out of hand).

So for Mygeeto, I just need to focus on Ki-Adi Mundi being betrayed by more men than he has ability to blast deflect. So with 4 Galactic Marines plus Bacara, I have 5 troopers versus Ki. What more do I need?

OK, I'm not necessarily "right" in how I want to display my men - but this was my thinking. What are you guys going to do with armies of these guys? Or just 1 to open, 1 to keep carded, etc?

figrin bran
03-12-2007, 01:50 AM
i'm only army building airbornes and marines by default...i'm actually going for as many of their coins as i can possibly get :p

decadentdave
03-12-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm army-building the s*it out of both. Why? Because they are f'n cool!

metaljedi
03-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Ever since I started army building Troops I've always gotten 10 of each. I guess it's a OCD type thing.

JEDIpartner
03-12-2007, 08:32 AM
OK, this is not a criticism. For those of you wanting to do something different, I'd love to hear about it (or see pictures).

But I am only buying:

2 Airbornes
4 Galactic Marines

I agree with you!

I only got one of each, but would like to find one more Marine. I only recall seeing one Airborne Trooper as well.

Luuuuuuke
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm "only" going to get 8 Galactic Marines and already have 2 and have 3 more coming from a pre-order, so that means 3 more from retail. I don't really consider myself to be "army building" these so much as troop building. To me army building means getting li ke 20 of each clone or something like that.

As for the Airborne Troopers, I'm going for 4 and already have 2.

I pretty much am collecting clones now based on what I saw on the screen. If I only saw a handful, that's what I'm getting. The 501st, the Shockies and the Utapau regular clones are the only ones I have close to 20 of.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I'll have to freeze the frame one of these days, but perhaps we saw few Airbornes because they suffered 90% casualties in their seige of Utopau. They could have been the clones dropping on ropes from the Gunships when General Grievous was to Obi-Wan, "Army or not!"

As their name implies, the Airborne probably went in first, as Airborne "Rangers" do, to make a "beach-head" for the rest of the Troops (the general Utopau Clones) - all were under Cody's command, but with few survivors, you saw less Airborne. They fell into support positions once the rest of the Clones could land.

Remember Destroyer Droids, Super Battle Droids, etc. are supposed to be mechanically accurate - so if they don't miss and the white armor doesn't reflect all the blasts - it's got to be a hard life for a Clone Trooper. And hey - though they look like 20 year olds because they age fast due to genetic engineering, these "kids" are just 10 year olds (or 13 by ROTS) - so you have to give them credit and not hate them too much for executing Order 66. Their minds were probably not that developed to think really independently and training just kicks in.

They were his clones, but they were not Jango Fett.

DarkArtist
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd like to get about 3 of the Airboirne and maybe 6 of the Marine. My troop building is basically at max 5 to 6 of each clone some are even less.

As far as Stormtroopers go, I have about 50 or so because eventually I would like to create a Death Star Corridor from the scene where Han chases a few of them and rounds the corner and see hundreds waiting for him.

El Chuxter
03-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I heard Sal's not army building this one. He only needs 75 of each. :)

Tycho
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Does Sal have any pictures of his dioramas posted? I sent him enough Utopau Clones. I'd like to see what he created with them.

Slicker
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see what he created with them.I heard he was making a big Utopau Clone out of smaller Utopau Clones.

Dark Marble
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I really don't see a need to army build these troops either. I was thinking the same numbers, two for the airborne and 4 or 6 for the Marines. My box of Clones/Stormies is pretty hefty now and I don't see the point in army building them anymore. 6 was my magic number for a long time, but now I think one is the ticket. Bacara will get some troops though...

jjreason
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I have 1 Airborne and 4 Galactic Marines. Close enough to what I saw on the screen, I guess..... I can't explain why else I would have bought multiples of the Marine. Nice figure though.

Luuuuuuke
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I heard Sal's not army building this one. He only needs 75 of each. :)

That's funny. I was actually thinking about how many someone like Sal would buy of these.

To me there is only one clone trooper that I can see there being any real argument for buying more than 50 of, let alone 100, and that's the Utapau clone. They were in a really big battle scene, one of the few that features a ton of clones.

I barely have enough space for my "army", which now includes about 30 of the 501st clones(of all varieties), 18 Utapau clones and about 20 Shock troopers. To be honest, if I could go back in time, I would have only gotten like two of the Tac Ops troopers with the gunner mold and a few less of the #6 mold shock troopers.

To me the Galactic Marine, just aesthetically, is a fine looking clone, but not one that necessarily looks better in large numbers. Regular stormtroopers look good in large numbers, but most clones, to me, look better in numbers between 6 to 20 of, and most in teh smaller range).

Tycho
03-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure of all my Clone numbers, but I think this is sort of accurate:

35 Sneak Preview AOTC Clones for Geonosis / Gunships
10 or so Clone Captains (red) AOTC for captains of that era
40 SA Clones (CW) mostly for the line-up before Palpatine on the balcony, 11 Kamino
3 Clone Lieutenients (probably from the CW 2-packs with Anakin) for the line-up
5 Clone Sergeants - recent wave 8 release - for the lineup
5 or so Deluxe Clones w. Removeable Armor, for Kamino
2 or so Clone Commanders (AOTC yellow) for line-up, maybe some from 3-packs

I have some various ARC Troopers and 3-packers from AOTC / CW for scenes, that sort of thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

25 (?) ROTS Clones (just in case we didn't get specifics) I was going to use them as the 501st, but...
2-3 Clone Commander #35's (I think that's the number)
Fallucia Battle Pack, an extra Bly probably.
Bacara and (eventually 4) Marines
2 Utopau Airbornes, Cody, probably 12 or so Utopau Clone regulars
7 or 9 Kashyyyk Special Ops Clones, Gree
8 Shocktroopers, 4 from Battle Packs
20 or so 501st Clones

Anyway, I'm sure Sal has 4-5 times as many, or much more in some cases, but I believe less is more and if I have a Jedi in the midst of any of these armies, I want to see him or her.

I also want to balance my droid armies to make it look like a battle and not a rout. Plus in the case of Kashyyk, I need to balance my Wookiees too.

I don't think you can just go Clone crazy in dioramas. To even make it a diorama, you have to arm the droids, and it's hard to get them to cooperate even sometimes when you have them on stands!

Old Fossil
03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, I don't really do "scenes," per se, so much as I create displays, or groupings. Thus I have 1 shelf for Force users w/their respective Clones:

1. Evolutions Palpatine + 5 Shocktroopers + Commander Deviss
2. Evolutions Anakin + 5 501st Toopers + Commander Appo
3. ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan + 4 Utapau Clones + Commander Cody (+ 1 Airborne)
4. ROTS Yoda + 4 Elite Corps Clones + Commander Gree
5. ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi + Commander Bacara (+5 Galactic Marines)

The #'s in parenthesis are what I have not yet added, but will.

So I guess I'm not into army-building Clones these days.

Darth Jax
03-13-2007, 01:17 AM
i'll get one of each to keep carded. maybe one more to keep carded. that's about the extent of my army building. but each time they release them i'll have to pick up a new one on the new card.

TheCivilCollector
03-13-2007, 02:34 AM
I really can't understand why someone would need more that 10 of any individual clone, but that's just me.

With the exception of AOTC, you really never see more than 10 onscreen at a time, give or take. Seems like with 10 of each color/costume variant, a person would have a formidable army.

Maybe it boils down to the fact that I am bitter because I can never find any.

Army-builers go for all the clones/troopers they can find, then because they sell so well, scalpers buy up all the rest. Also, I know that troopers are a big seller with kids.

Not trying to offend anyone, I just don't get the mentality. Moreover, I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't just ship entire cases of clones. Might help a little.

I dig SW figures and collecting them, and generally like fellow enthusiasts I've met, but I've had WAAAYYYY too many negative experience with rabid collectors and scalpers.

Tycho
03-13-2007, 03:23 AM
I really can't understand why someone would need more that 10 of any individual clone, but that's just me.

Well, Anakin (as "Darth Vader") led about 1,000 into the Jedi Temple (of the 501st). I can see the case there, but while his men were about 12 across and heck knows how many rows deep, you can suggest that with collumns 5 across and maybe 4 rows deep - or 20 501sts. Hasbro IS still shipping those. Their history was

ROTS card
Greatest Battles (Saga2 card)
"Legacy Assort" (TAC card)

so Hasbro "gets it."

Ask for help. Others here including myself may be able to give you a hand. You do have to be willing to put in some effort yourself in the sense of waiting at Target at 7:45 am and getting some of what you need yourself. I'm already there, that's why it's not a problem for me. However, a trip to the post office isn't exactly convenient - but is right on my way home from Target in any case.

Army-builers go for all the clones/troopers they can find, then because they sell so well, scalpers buy up all the rest. Also, I know that troopers are a big seller with kids.

It must be terribly hard for kids to get them though. My manager at Toys R Us used to be a collector (or still is) himself. He resolved the issue by pulling all the clones and holding them in the back in his office. He brings them out upon customer request, but doesn't dump all of them on any one army builder, etc. For example, he's had 3 Clones for me at one time, but told me "that was it, as there are other people waiting for these. Ask me for more in a couple of weeks." That worked out well actually. I built a lot of my 501st Legion that way. Kids got them as well I'm sure. Perhaps scalpers got their turn, but they didn't get to buy them out!

Moreover, I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't just ship entire cases of clones. Might help a little.

They did during the height of Episode 3 hype. They were the regular white ROTS Clones from the No. 6 mold I believe. Or my stores got someone's whole army returned.

I dig SW figures and collecting them, and generally like fellow enthusiasts I've met, but I've had WAAAYYYY too many negative experience with rabid collectors.

We got a whole website full of them right here, Boss ;)

TheCivilCollector
03-13-2007, 03:45 AM
We got a whole website full of them right here, Boss ;)

Fellow enthusiasts, or rabid collectors? :razz:

Tycho
03-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Fellow enthusiasts, or rabid collectors? :razz:

Aren't those the same people most of the time? :crazed:

But I see what you're getting at. Why can't you meet someone else in the isle who buys 1 Galactic Marine and says, "You know what? I like Star Wars too."

Instead you see a guy running with 10 Galactic Marines stuffed under his arm, unwilling to talk to anyone, but wanting to check out at the register before anyone tries to sweet-talk a figure off of him - as he needs 40 more of those. :rolleyes: (Well, I should talk - I was that way with the CW AOTC SA Clone - stalking the toy pallets at 2am and hiding from a fall-back position in the pet department if it looked like anyone remotely interested in SW showed up who might hang around if they witnessed my stake-out).

But I'm done as far as I can think of, with army building. I do want 6 Death Star Troopers when that figure comes out. You wouldn't chance to meet me that day, CivilCollector - I'd be just another "jerk" in the hobby - though if you caught me, I'd share - I believe in doing that and being fair (if I'm caught). But on "Herme Odle Day," we'd be just a pair of fellow enthusiasts happily sharing the stock, conversing in the toy isle and what not.

Army building brings out the worst in collectors, hehe.

Jayspawn
03-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm getting 6 Galactic Marines for an Order 66 setup. I'll probably pass on the Airborne.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
As far as army building goes, I don't do too much unless there's a good deal on clones, or a multipack, or something. They do a pretty good job of rereleasing everything so that, even if you get one of each version, you'll still have a pretty hefty clone army.

Here's a list that nobody will want to read, but I'll make anyway just because:

Attack of the Clones
Sneak Preview - 4
Basic red - 3
Super Articulation - 1
Pilot - 4
Evolutions - 2 (1 yellow, 1 white)
Basic green - 1
Packed with other CW figures - 3 (1 white, 1 blue, 1 yellow)
Deluxe three-packs - 6 total (5 white, 1 blue)

Clone Wars
Speeder Bike (1 brown, 1 white) - 2
ARC Troopers - 8 (2 red, 1 Heavy Gunner, 5 blue)
Republic Commandos - 5

Revenge of the Sith
Pilots - 2 (1 gray, 1 black)
Basic white - 2
Coruscant - 6 (5 gray, 1 Commander)
Kashyyyk Battle - 3 (1 Tank Gunner, 1 BARC, 1 AT-RT Driver)
Holo Cody - 1
Utapau - 3 (2 grunts, 1 Cody)
Mygeeto - 1 (Bacara)
Felucia - 6 (4 grunts, 2 Bly)
Salceucami - 1 (Target)
Kashyyyk - 2 (1 Elite Corps, 1 Gree)
501st - 5 (4 grunts, 1 Appo)
Shock Troopers - 4
Combat Engineer - 4
Mace's Battalion - 4 (3 grunts, 1 Commander)
Other - 15 (on the "bastard clone" shelf)

That's 98, for God's sake, and that doesn't even include OT troopers. And I'm missing a few here and there, and I still plan on getting more this year.

Tycho
03-13-2007, 01:03 PM
That's 98, for God's sake, and that doesn't even include OT troopers. And I'm missing a few here and there, and I still plan on getting more this year.

Yeah. Hasbro / Lucasfilm has us hooked. I figured as much when I saw the pre-production work of all the different kinds of Clones. :rolleyes:

pbarnard
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Let's see, and in 9 months the first battle pack will be included with these specific clones. If I bought clones, I'd buy the one for immediate satisfaction, wait and get the battle pack and make custom fodder of the Jedi thrown in.

Luuuuuuke
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM

With the exception of AOTC, you really never see more than 10 onscreen at a time, give or take. Seems like with 10 of each color/costume variant, a person would have a formidable army.

Not trying to offend anyone, I just don't get the mentality. Moreover, I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't just ship entire cases of clones. Might help a little.

I dig SW figures and collecting them, and generally like fellow enthusiasts I've met, but I've had WAAAYYYY too many negative experience with rabid collectors and scalpers.

I understand your frustration, even though I guess I'm kind of an army builder. Then again, to me it comes to this: If I go into a store and see 6 Galactic Marines and I know I want 6-8 of them, I MIGHT get all of them in one pop(and to be honest, I'll feel kind of guilty cause I always kind of do). But there is no way in hell I would refuse to share them with anyone else who was there and interested in them and I wouldn't wait to be asked, cause I know some people are shy about asking.

In fact, if another SW collector, whether an adult or child, was there at the aisle while I was there, there's no way I'd get so many clones to begin with.

But if they left, then yeah, I'd get that number of clones and not feel too bad. It's the nature of the beast. To me, clone troopers are kind of like little green soldiers--they just don't appeal to me if I just have one. Aesthetically, I like to have a number of them lined up. Having said that, I don't really army build any single clone any more. The most I ever got, in general was about 20 of all varieties of one type of clone(and I only did that with Utapau, Shock and 501sts). The rest I get less than half of that.

Tycho
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
If I go into a store and see 6 Galactic Marines and I know I want 6-8 of them, I MIGHT get all of them in one pop...

But if they left, then yeah, I'd get that number of clones and not feel too bad. It's the nature of the beast.

Me, too. And when you had 6-8 Clones, if there was nothing else you wanted until the next wave, you'd probably stay out of the store, right? That's what I do. I really don't need to waste more gas at $3 /gallon.

So how about all those uncounted days when you don't show up, and uncounted people do, and uncounted cases of figures are sold? If Hasbro packs the cases decently, you're not cutting anyone out with reasonable troop building (some kind of Clone in quantities less than the 501st).

If you're a morning lurker - you and I both share with whomever is also around at that time. And as I noted, when we're done, we're not around at that time.

If I wanted 6-8 Marines, I'd love to get them all in 3-4 trips (or less).

A while back when I was the polls editor here at SSG, I asked about this and we're on the same page with most collectors.

TheCivilCollector
03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
But there is no way in hell I would refuse to share them with anyone else who was there and interested in them and I wouldn't wait to be asked, cause I know some people are shy about asking.

In fact, if another SW collector, whether an adult or child, was there at the aisle while I was there, there's no way I'd get so many clones to begin with.

Well, I wish I encountered more collectors like you and Tycho out there. Might make me feel a little better about the nature of this hobby.

Just a couple weeks ago, someone who had FIVE Betrayal on Felucia packs at in line in front of me at Target flat out refused to part with one. It would be one thing if there were a bunch more on the shelf, but knowing you bought out the stock and screwed someone else in the store at the time is just wrong. It would be like going into a game shop the day the PS3 came out and buying 20 in front of the rest of the kids in line for one.

I'm sure there are people out there that think I'm WAAAAYYY too sensitive about this, but I've just seen too many rude people out there while hunting. Once while at a Toys R Us in Sacramento it even came to exchanging words with a douchebag in a "River City Collectibles" shirt who was buying the store out of Snowtroopers and Royal Guard POTF2 figs. The justice that day was that the Toys R Us manager didn't let him buy anything.

Anyway, the problem has pretty much solved itself today. I just found out I can finally graduate from Art Center College of Design next term with only two classes left to do (YAY!). So that means money will be going to paying off student loans (sigh).

Luuuuuuke
03-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Just a couple weeks ago, someone who had FIVE Betrayal on Felucia packs at in line in front of me at Target flat out refused to part with one. .

You have to be quite the prick to do what that guy did to you. I'd be embarrased even taking a bunch of stuff when I know someone else wanted at least one of the items I took.

In my experience, even some scalpers won't refuse to part with just one from their hoard of goodies. That's how I got the first Hunt for Grievous battlepack--a scalper grabbed 6 of them and when I asked if I could have one he said sure. Then he followed that up by asking if I wanted any more.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the norm, especially among scalpers, but I have to believe giving a fellow collector the cold shoulder when you already have a lot of one item is an exception and not the rule.

figrin bran
03-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, I wish I encountered more collectors like you and Tycho out there. Might make me feel a little better about the nature of this hobby.

Just a couple weeks ago, someone who had FIVE Betrayal on Felucia packs at in line in front of me at Target flat out refused to part with one. It would be one thing if there were a bunch more on the shelf, but knowing you bought out the stock and screwed someone else in the store at the time is just wrong. It would be like going into a game shop the day the PS3 came out and buying 20 in front of the rest of the kids in line for one.

i think i remember you mentioning that little episode on this board. this was at the Pasadena Target a few blocks from colorado and lake, right?

i have 4 of the felucia packs but bought them over 3 different Target visits and always left plenty of sets on the shelves. i can't fathom buying 5 sets at once either...i mean, you're sinking $100 plus tax in one shot on toys alone. would it hurt to let someone else buy a set, you'd actually save yourself a few bucks.

one of my best experiences at the toy aisle came a few months ago when a kid and i were looking through the Greatest Battles pegs at a TRU. he saw a shocktrooper but couldn't reach it and asked me to help him get it down, which i did gladly and then i followed up by asking if he'd like any of the white SA or 501st clones that were there as well. he walked out of the store with 3 clones which were 2 more than i got.

TheCivilCollector
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
i think i remember you mentioning that little episode on this board. this was at the Pasadena Target a few blocks from colorado and lake, right?

That's the one. I don't know what it is about the stores around here. There must be some heavy hitters with some REAL cash flow and time on their hands. The stores never seem to have ANYTHING.

Tycho
03-14-2007, 12:49 AM
TheCivilCollector: congrats on finishing up Art & Design School! :thumbsup:

Figrin Bran: don't you have too many Aayla Secura figures now if you bought that many Fallucia sets (and Bly as well)?

Also: we're grown-ups reliving our childhood. If the kids are there, they have to have access to the toys first - afterall this is their True Childhood. I've given up figures to younglings myself and am actually pleased to see a new generation enjoying our hobby rather than feeling alienated from today's youth because I'm not very talented on a skateboard or a Wii.

Luuuuuuke: that guy with all the Hunt for Grievouses might not have been a scalper but could have been an army builder (unless there's more to him than what you posted). However, either type might not feel good about laying out over $100 for figures at one time - feeling that your being there helped them reign in their spending. (A scalper might fear that he couldn't move that many Battle Packs as well. If you're eBay-ing, you don't want to flood the market with your own sales either.)

figrin bran
03-14-2007, 01:52 AM
That Hunt for Grievous pack was $24.99 so that's roughly $180 plus tax. I don't know about you guys but i don't feel great about laying out that much at one time for anything, let alone toys.

yes, Tycho i do have too many Aaylas and Blys. fortunately i'm going to give away some and customize any that i'm not able to give away. also, i'm keeping one set in the box since it made for a pretty good diorama.

CivilCollector, believe it or not, i got my TAC figures from the East Colorado Target.

TheCivilCollector
03-14-2007, 02:18 AM
TheCivilCollector: congrats on finishing up Art & Design School! :thumbsup:

Thanks, man. Been a long road. 2 years at VCU in VA (3.9 gpa thankyouverymuch), and 3 years at ACCD when my diploma is in hand this summer. From here, full-time concept design.

CivilCollector, believe it or not, i got my TAC figures from the East Colorado Target.

It's................. YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

figrin bran
03-14-2007, 02:22 AM
It's................. YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

haha. i rarely go there, maybe twice a month or so and only resorted to that particular location because i got shot down at eagle rock target and west hollywood target. i always get shot down at the other pasadena target so i didn't even try.

Tycho
03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
From here, full-time concept design.

What kind of concept designing?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I just wanted to make a comment - I forgot the blue clone from the AOTC tin set, so that's 99, and if we're counting the little kids as clones, then I have 101. And then a few assorted Boba Fetts but we won't get into that right now. ;)

TheCivilCollector
03-14-2007, 02:51 PM
What kind of concept designing?

I've been studying entertainment design here at Art Center. It's a broad umbrella that covers Movies/TV, videogames, themeparks, etc. I've been gearing my portfolio towards film design.

Some of our alum have worked on the Star Wars prequels- Ryan Church, Feng Zhu, etc. A couple buddies of mine are working right now on the three Star Wars TV series, but sadly (NDA) they can't tell me anything about it.

Luuuuuuke
03-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Luuuuuuke: that guy with all the Hunt for Grievouses might not have been a scalper but could have been an army builder (unless there's more to him than what you posted).

I think he was a scalper, but you could be right. He was very efficient with his movements, I'll tell you that. He definitely knew what he was looking for. He came out with a lot more stuff than just those battlepacks. I doubt he was just army building.

If he was a scalper I don't think he would hesitate to spend close to $200 on that many battlepacks. He could have sold those for at least $35 each easy. And worse case, he'd easily get his money back.

Tycho
03-16-2007, 12:16 AM
I've been studying entertainment design here at Art Center. It's a broad umbrella that covers Movies/TV, videogames, themeparks, etc. I've been gearing my portfolio towards film design.

Someone needs to design a Star Wars theme park on the level of Disneyland. I have so many ideas for it.

Some of our alum have worked on the Star Wars prequels- Ryan Church, Feng Zhu, etc. A couple buddies of mine are working right now on the three Star Wars TV series, but sadly (NDA) they can't tell me anything about it.

I heard that there might be 3 TV series instead of 2 before - possibly from Lucas' speaking event (forgot where). Hopefully they'll be great. If not, at least we can enlist your help in finding your friend and beating him up. ;) Then we can change your screenname to TheUncivilizedCollector :twisted:

TheCivilCollector
03-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Then we can change your screenname to TheUncivilizedCollector :twisted:

I dunno, I think most of my posts already make me desreve the mantle of "TheUncivilizedCollector". Either that, or "TheDisgruntledCollector".;)