PDA

View Full Version : Complete Galaxy?

El Chuxter
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Have the peons at Hasbro considered egg-stending the Complete Galaxy series? This was the only brilliant idea they have ever had. Imagine: a miniature planet that serves as an egg for an inferior pack-in figure, and every collector is egg-cited to pay an egg-zorbitant amount of money for it!

What a remarkably egg-squisite scheme!

I personally would be egg-stremely interested in an egg-cellent Easter set, comprised of the planet Egg-zodo II with a pack-in of Jegg-son. True, Jegg-son would be a new figure, but how egg-straordinarily appropriate to have a giant green rabbit in the Target egg-sclusive Easter set!

Ji'dai
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sure today's crop of pay-any-price soft-boiled-brained collectors will shell out for this idea. That is, if they can get their hands on the toys before they get poached from the aisles by those hard-boiled scalper scum.

2-1B
03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Poached? As in, poached eggs ?

DarkArtist
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
only if we can get them over-easy or Benedict.

tagmac
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I think this thread should have waited a couple of weeks, so that we could then include tlk of Easter eggs. :D

pbarnard
03-15-2007, 09:47 PM
I think this thread should have waited a couple of weeks, so that we could then include tlk of Easter eggs. :D

Supervillians aren't known for their brain power; they plan and plan and plan, but in the end, Batman gets them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I miss Chux.

Tycho
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
I miss Chux.

Well, I'm a huge Fan of Egghead's and I have a present for him:

My Egg-cellent post from the end of January with the new Star Wars Holiday Exclusive offerings (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34052)

Egghead has the full cooperation of the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association!

General_Grievous
03-16-2007, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see some more Complete Galaxy sets. There's still a bunch of planets they could do. Hoth, Bespin, Yavin IV, Naboo, Coruscant, Geonosis, Kamino, Mustafar, Utapau...the list goes on and on.

2-1B
03-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Or we could turn it into a DVD thread and have topical discussions about Easter Eggs. :)

DarkArtist
03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I'd like to see some more Complete Galaxy sets. There's still a bunch of planets they could do. Hoth, Bespin, Yavin IV, Naboo, Coruscant, Geonosis, Kamino, Mustafar, Utapau...the list goes on and on.

Some good ideas in this post. My only thing would be Hasbro must give us SA versions of new characters. For instance I do not want to see the same ROTS Anakin with Mustafar, or Kamino Escape Jango Fett with Kamino.

Tycho
03-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Hmmm.

We had:

Luke Jedi w. Tatooine
Yoda w. Dagobah
Darth Vader w. Death Star
Ewok w. Endor

We could have:

Han Ceremony? w. Yavin IV
Leia Hoth? w. Hoth (once was planned)
Lando ? w. Bespin

Queen Amidala (purple?) w. Naboo
Darth Sidious w. Coruscant
Jango Fett w. Kamino
Count Dooku w. Geonosis
General Grievous w. Utopau
Anakin Skywalker w. Mustafar
Chewbacca w. Kashyyyk

I really wouldn't buy most of these, but if we got a new Queen Amidala figure out of it...(or Darth Sidious from the Yoda duel)

DarkArtist
03-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Hmmm.

We had:

Luke Jedi w. Tatooine
Yoda w. Dagobah
Darth Vader w. Death Star
Ewok w. Endor

We could have:

Han Ceremony? w. Yavin IV
Leia Hoth? w. Hoth (once was planned)
Lando ? w. Bespin

Queen Amidala (purple?) w. Naboo
Darth Sidious w. Coruscant
Jango Fett w. Kamino
Count Dooku w. Geonosis
General Grievous w. Utopau
Anakin Skywalker w. Mustafar
Chewbacca w. Kashyyyk

I really wouldn't buy most of these, but if we got a new Queen Amidala figure out of it...(or Darth Sidious from the Yoda duel)

some cool ideas there Tycho here are some others:

Mygeeto with SA Commander Baraca with removable helmet
Endor with Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout Uniform
Tatoonie with SA Princess Leia in Slave Outfit
Cato Neimondo with SA Plo Koon (seen in back could be Order 66)

DarkArtist
03-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I was just watching ROTS and got to thinking - perhaps we could also do a Complete Locations wave as well. I was thinking maybe

Jedi Temple - Cin Dralig
Jedi Temple Landing - Bail Organa (New Sculpt)
Chaulman's Cantina - Chaulman the Wookiee
Escape from Cloud City - Woodrow Hood
Hoth Trenchs - Hoth Rebel Solider (new Sculpt)
Tatoonie Dunes - Obi Wan Kenobi with Krayt Dragon Skeleton (new Sculpt)
Imperial Star Destroyer Bridge Avenger - Captain Needa
Vader's Chambers - Holo Emperor Palpatine (as seen in ESB SE)and vader's Meditation Chamber
Galactic Senate - Emperor Palpatine (either S&P Palpy or Galactic Empire Speech Palpy (both new sculpts)
Streets of Mos Eisely - Woisea (Land Speeder Salesman)
Streets of Mos Espa - Wald & Kitser
Jedi Temple Security Room - holographic Sidious and Anakin with ROTS Obi Wan (new sculpt of Obi Wan - small versions of sidious & anakin)
Emperor's Throne Room - Emperor Palpatine on Throne and Sate Prestage (both new sculpts and SA Emperor)
Endor Shield Bunker - Major Bren Derlin 9new sculpt in Endor Gear
Rebel Hanger Yavin IV - Rebel Technician - pilot transport and landing platform with ladders crates fuel lines etc. basically just the cancelled Target Accesory with more.

some of these could double as medium playsets (even though Hasbro is against playsets)

pbarnard
03-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Chaulman's Cantina - Chaulman the Wookiee

But he's never in the movie and is just a complete EU invention (not that I'm against that) but not ever on screen in a film is the point.

evenflow
03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
I remember the only ones i bought were the ewok and the Yoda set (for the small creature)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Would anyone, aside from Egghead, actually want any of these, though? They were a relatively neat subline for their time, but I really don't need any more useless globes just to get more figures. The sculpted backgrounds could work again (and I would like to see more of them), but I would rather have them as more natural-looking pieces for dioramas than tiny, scaled-down pieces in globes.

Tycho
03-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Would anyone, aside from Egghead, actually want any of these, though? They were a relatively neat subline for their time, but I really don't need any more useless globes just to get more figures. The sculpted backgrounds could work again (and I would like to see more of them), but I would rather have them as more natural-looking pieces for dioramas than tiny, scaled-down pieces in globes.

I agree with you.

DarkArtist
03-19-2007, 09:22 AM

the idea I had for Complete Locations would be for Diorama stuff not globes. I thinking along the lines of the original POTF playsets like Death Star Chasm and Hoth Battle, small playsets averging around $10 - $20. for instance, the Emperor's Throne Room would be the high end set for $20 since it has both the SA Emperor, Sate Prestage, throne and the actual playset itself.

DarkArtist
03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
But he's never in the movie and is just a complete EU invention (not that I'm against that) but not ever on screen in a film is the point.

True he is never in the movie but it could be a set that works for both the actual movies and EU. basically it would be a set that links together with the already released bar sections as well as the two curved sections coming with the TAC line. the set would include various tables, the drink dispenser, alcoves, droid detector, and a stage for the Modal Nodes, and of course Chaulman.