PDA

View Full Version : I love it when stuff goes wrong on live news broadcasts...

JEDIpartner
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Okay... this happened on the local news the other night. I don't usually tune in but I'm glad I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ynz2Vvz9xo

The reporter said the moment this happened, she thought, Oh, no! I'm going to be one of those news stories that ends up on YouTube!! It's kinda funny how she knew that. :D
I felt bad and embarrassed for her but, come on... that is not the sound a "happy cat" makes!!! :hurt:

Kidhuman
03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Thats damn hilarious. What a moron, that cat was giving so many warning signs that it was going to do that.

bobafrett
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
If a cat started meowing like that one was, I would have dropped it. I liked how they showed the cat over in the cat bed. Was that the same cat that just whacked the reporter.

CaptainSolo1138
03-16-2007, 06:57 AM
pwn3d! Good vid, JP!

I saw another news foul up the other day (I'm not sure where it was and I don't especially feel like looking for it) showing why its a bad idea to grab the first image you find from a Google search and use it in your broadcast. The station was doing a story about Krispy Kreme and had the usual image over the reporters shoulder. If you looked really close at it, you could make out the words "Go f**k yourself", or something to that effect, next to one of the doughnuts.

JEDIpartner
03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
:D That's great!!!!!!

Yeah... this woman looked like a total idiot. I don't know if her line about "this little guy's just having some fun" was to cover for the fact that she knew the cat was having issues with her or if she really didn't have a clue!

El Chuxter
03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I have been egg-zhausting my mental capacities to deduce the egg-stremely well-guarded secret identity of Catwoman.

I believe I can egg-sclude this woman as a candidate.

UKWildcat
03-16-2007, 10:03 AM
If a cat started meowing like that one was, I would have dropped it.

No kidding frett. :stupid: Anyone with the smallest bit of common sense on cats knows that when one is making that noise, it is aggrivated and ready to attack. I mean, does it sound really like a friendly meow or purr to you? :rolleyes:

Awesome video JP! That made my morning! :D

JEDIpartner
03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I have been egg-zhausting my mental capacities to deduce the egg-stremely well-guarded secret identity of Catwoman.

I believe I can egg-sclude this woman as a candidate.

Is it just me or is this more irritating than funny these days? :confused:

JEDIpartner
03-16-2007, 11:08 AM
No kidding frett. :stupid: Anyone with the smallest bit of common sense on cats knows that when one is making that noise, it is aggrivated and ready to attack. I mean, does it sound really like a friendly meow or purr to you? :rolleyes:

Awesome video JP! That made my morning! :D

For as sick as I was the night that aired, I couldn't stop laughing!!!

General_Grievous
03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
That was hilarious! :D The cat b****ed her out!

2-1B
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Cats are stupid and that chick is hot.

No wonder people drown these rodents (by "rodents" I mean cats, not reporters :D ).

JP, if you think Egghead is bad, just imagine his response if that reporter was holding a chicken. :crazed:

DISCLAIMER: no, I do not seriously advocate the killing of cats. But I do dislike the creature. If I were a Wuher type bartender, I wouldn't serve their kind either. lol

Tycho
03-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Hey I must defend Egghead!

He's my newest hero! His posts are up to the level of Louie the Lillac!

And great video JP! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
03-17-2007, 09:01 AM
And the link of the year goes to....... Jedipartner!

JEDIpartner
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
This was on "The Soup" last night!! I can't believe that in just a couple days this made national television!!

Joel McHale said, "You know... this is like one of those 'Hang in There' posters... except-- 'There' is her FACE!!!!!!" :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-17-2007, 10:17 AM
saw this and thought you might like it: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11497287/

Sadly, no video is available for this one. :crazed:

UKWildcat
03-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Awww man! That's great JMG! Where's the video?!?!? lol

Tycho
03-17-2007, 10:59 AM
The Pink Floyd lyrics that came to mind:

"Hey Teacher: leave those kids alone!"

But I see Michael Jackson lip-syncing the song while dancing in his 1980's red leather get-up with the white glove on his hand.

Awww. That's classic. Now I wished it would happen to Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly, during one of their broadcasts - maybe during an interview with Ann Coulter.

2-1B
03-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I always knew Brokaw had some mad lady killing skills. :grin:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Maybe the cat was camera shy. She said that he was fine before they went on the air?

Anyway, there are lap cats and there are cats that don't want to be held.

My cat Cleo would crawl on your chest, and dig her claws into you (innocently I might add). She would stay on you, get comfy, and even take a nap if you let her.

My cat Sib had a two second toleration if you wanted to hold it. He would fidget and try to scratch your eyes out if you tried to continually hold im.

That lady learned a valuable lesson.