PDA

View Full Version : Princess Leia from A New Hope is the next Sideshow 12" figure!

Darth Cruel
03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Her priority pre-order is at the end of March!

And the prototype has a great likeness!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2791&source=031507news

JediTricks
03-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Yeah, that preview photo looks spot-on, I am very excited about this one even though it's likely gonna be another wallet-buster like Assaj (simple figure that's $60? Overpriced!). I'm not so sure about the sideways gaze, it works with the scene they have set up but not much else. And like every female figure, they could stand to dial back the makeup from the prototype. Still, the likeness appears to be a real winner and I'm quite excited to be getting ANH Leia this year.

Bosskman
03-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Awesome figure, can't wait for it.

DarkArtist
03-16-2007, 07:36 AM
This may be the first one I'll get. Wasn't really excited over the other figures in the line but I'm a big Leia fan.

Blue2th
03-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Count me in on this figure. :yes:

evenflow
03-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I am surprised this is a priority pre-order and not inclusive pre-order.

JON9000
03-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I might get this in spite of already owning the 1:4 scale Leia. It looks like the definitely double dipped for the likeness, but that's okay, since 1:4 Leia is amazing

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I am surprised this is a priority pre-order and not inclusive pre-order.

I agree that she should have been Inclusive. This IS one of the iconic likenesses of a character from the movies and that alone will make this figure a hot commodity.

jedibear
03-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree about the "inclusive" thing...I mean, c'mon! It's Leia! From ANH!

I'm very impressed by the prototype shot and the sideways glance of the eyes would actually be alright with me....adds a little variety and doesn't appear so "vacant-stare" looking (like the jedi Luke).

JT...as for "dialing back" the "make-up" a bit....I think part of the intensity of the look is the intense close-up shot of a 1:6 figure's face and besides, have these things EVER exactly matched the protos we see for months in advance? (Now that hasn't been a BAD thing for the most part)

I think she'll look great....

Jayspawn
03-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I agree w/ JT on this one. Its gonna be a wallet buster -too expensive for a basic style figure. It better come with accessories galore.

I passed on Boussh Leia because I was holding out for this one. :pleased:

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree about the "inclusive" thing...I mean, c'mon! It's Leia! From ANH!I feel that all of them should be inclusive.

I'm very impressed by the prototype shot and the sideways glance of the eyes would actually be alright with me....adds a little variety and doesn't appear so "vacant-stare" looking (like the jedi Luke). Not me, I'd like them to have character, but not be locked into 1 pose/scene.

JT...as for "dialing back" the "make-up" a bit....I think part of the intensity of the look is the intense close-up shot of a 1:6 figure's face and besides, have these things EVER exactly matched the protos we see for months in advance? (Now that hasn't been a BAD thing for the most part)Most of the time, the figures have more makeup because they use mass-manufacturing masking which isn't as nuanced. The only time I can think of where they went less than the prototype was the one they shouldn't have, on Anakin as Vader Sith Apprentice.

A buddy of mine suspects the exclusive will be a Stormtrooper blaster, I hope that's not the case since I feel that should be mandatory on this thing, but considering that's what the PF version's exclusive was, it probably will be here too.

Darth Cruel
03-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I have read some speculation about Sideshow giving Leia the Stormtrooper blaster as the exclusive item. I have 2 thoughts on that.

Sideshow stated that they would not issue an accessory for more than one figure.

But then...the LOTR line re-used the elven cloak on Legolas and Boromir.

Also...If Yavin Luke is the Ceremonial Luke. Then he requires a blaster like Han's. Will he get it?

I think so.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
You mean exclusive accessories, they wouldn't recycle an exclusive accessory to another figure, right? I believe they said if they reused the accessory it'd be an all-new sculpt.

Luke is the Ceremony figure and is apparently getting the Leia sporting blaster for his holster. I can't find any pics from the movie that clearly show this though, but supposedly it's accurate. A blog at SW.com SHOWS that to be the accurate gun he carried there: http://blogs.starwars.com/teekay-421/82

Darth Cruel
03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
You mean exclusive accessories, they wouldn't recycle an exclusive accessory to another figure, right? I believe they said if they reused the accessory it'd be an all-new sculpt.

Luke is the Ceremony figure and is apparently getting the Leia sporting blaster for his holster. I can't find any pics from the movie that clearly show this though, but supposedly it's accurate. A blog at SW.com SHOWS that to be the accurate gun he carried there: http://blogs.starwars.com/teekay-421/82

In 30 years of being a Star Wars fan...this is a detail that I have yet to address. I have seen the promo pics that are linked to in your link JT. But i just never associated the two ideas. I just went back and did a frame-by-frame on that scene in the movie, and to me, there is plenty of evidence to support the blaster being the Leia-style one. They never show it full-on...but enough different details of the one Luke wears flash clearly enough (particularly in the frames that he is walking into the ceremonial room next to Han and the two can be compared side-by-side) to difinitively convince me. I do hope Sideshow does the figure movie accurately. I will be letting them know my thoughts.

Turbowars
03-19-2007, 10:56 PM
He does come with Leia's gun.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photoga...6/Luke_CIV.jpg (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1116/Luke_CIV.jpg)

JediTricks
03-21-2007, 07:47 PM
In 30 years of being a Star Wars fan...this is a detail that I have yet to address. I have seen the promo pics that are linked to in your link JT. But i just never associated the two ideas. I just went back and did a frame-by-frame on that scene in the movie, and to me, there is plenty of evidence to support the blaster being the Leia-style one. They never show it full-on...but enough different details of the one Luke wears flash clearly enough (particularly in the frames that he is walking into the ceremonial room next to Han and the two can be compared side-by-side) to difinitively convince me. I do hope Sideshow does the figure movie accurately. I will be letting them know my thoughts.The screenshots in the SW.com link under "evidence 2" show the Leia-style sporting blaster on his holster. It's so crazy, like you said, I've been a fan since as long as I can remember and this is a first for me, kind of a neat surprise really that there's still stuff I've yet to see.

AmanaMatt
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
It appears that the Leia exclusive is the imperial handcuffs she was made to wear = ok exclusive. The Stormtrooper blaster would have been terrible!

This Leia looks decent - I am very much waiting for the Boushh version, which looks very nice.

Tycho
03-22-2007, 04:36 AM
The Stormtrooper blaster would have been terrible!

Why would it have been terrible?

Darth Cruel
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
I am just glad that ALL of the essential accessories are ther. The sporting blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster, what I presume to be the Death Star Plans, and the cuffs (on the exclusive).

check out the pics!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26#id=022307bond&num=8

Tycho
03-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Amanamatt:
The Stormtrooper blaster would have been terrible!

Tycho - "Why would it have been terrible?"

Oh - because that weapon should always be included with her anyway, huh?

She looks good. I wonder if the Death Star Plans data pack conceals on her "fashion belt" as it was once described as doing in the novelization? (she ultimately puts them into R2D2 of course)

While I'm not planning on getting Leia (she's not on my "want list" for SideShow - I have the 1997 Hasbro and am satisfied), I am rather impressed.

Her knee showing through her dress is both nice attention to detail, and indicative of how bad super-articulation can look on any flesh & blood showing (for future reference in case they decide to do Slave Leia or Luke Dagobah for example).

But overall, if I didn't have a 12" Leia figure, I'd buy this!

JediTricks
03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Something seems a little off about this figure in full-body photos, maybe it's the neck, but it feels like the whole scale is off and I can't really figure out why.

I really hope that's not the final outfit, it's got none of the creases and wrinkles and such that the movie costume had: http://theswca.com/images-speci/vilmur/mm-factors-leia.jpg

Most of their outfits so far have scaled down pretty well to get the major wrinkles and folds, so I would hate for this to be the outfit that doesn't work.

what I presume to be the Death Star PlansExcellent guess! I was scratching my head on that thing, looks like one of those tracking tags they put on wild animals, but when I saw your post it fit.

plasticfetish
03-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Most of their outfits so far have scaled down pretty wellLike Han? (Grumble, grumble, grumble.) ;)

-----

Well... I'm working all morning tomorrow, so again, I'll miss out on the exclusive. (What is up with this Friday morning thing anyway?) Suppose that'll give me more time to decide if I want to chance this one...

JediTricks
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Like Han? (Grumble, grumble, grumble.) ;)
Ok, but at least his shirt looks pretty good, even if his pants and jacket look ridiculous. :p

jross2276
03-22-2007, 06:25 PM
I love the figure.... the face is dead on! The hood transitions nicely around the neck .... the details on the boot look nice under the slit of the dress... the accessories are great!

But whats up with the flood water dress hem.... yanked up above her ankles

K M Toydarian
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
ordered leia at 10:04.
Didn't want to miss out, but I too REALLY hope they relook at the dress.
The fabric is all wrong. It should be a soft polyester knit to give it that soft flow. So far, hasbro's outfit is better.

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Well, that was amazingly easy. 10:02am was when I got the email, that should tell you everything. Maybe this is a fluke, or maybe they upgraded their servers, or maybe the interest levels aren't as high.

I love the edition number of 1977. I would have preferred an inclusive edition as always, but ya gotta love '77. :D

Darth Cruel
03-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I didn't get mine until 10:12. WOW! Was I lagging! But then...I kept refreshing when I knew I shouldn't. I still get anxious during the PPOs. I also thought the 1977 edition size was cool. BRING ON LUKE!

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I didn't get mine until 10:12. WOW! Was I lagging! But then...I kept refreshing when I knew I shouldn't. I still get anxious during the PPOs. I also thought the 1977 edition size was cool. BRING ON LUKE!
If you have broadband, the worst thing you can do on their system is to reload, it restarts the server-side sending which erases all the progress you just made.

Just now, it went to under 100 left.

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Just 10 left!

Edit: 5 or less.

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 12:34 PM
She's gone.

Darth Cruel
03-23-2007, 12:35 PM
34 minutes to sell through 1977 pieces.

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 12:37 PM
34 minutes to sell through 1977 pieces.
Not too shabby. And she's $55, $5 more than Luke ROTJ was.

I'm surprised to see Leia Boushh regular edition hasn't sold through after all these months. They still haven't set the edition number there though, that could be why.

Darth Cruel
03-23-2007, 12:42 PM
The Boushh thing sort of surprises me as well. It is a great figure and a great likeness. Unless the edition size is HUGE...I will continue to wonder at it's slow sell.

Now, Bib Fortuna on the other hand...

JediTricks
03-23-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.swcollecting.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=329

It took Qui-Gon over a month to sell through his 7500 regular editions, Han Bespin only 2 weeks to sell through 8000 pieces, even Bib Fortuna regular edition sold through eventually, but Leia Boushh is still available 8 months later? That's crazy.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, my... she looks like Stevie Nicks with a bad Leia wig!! :(

DarkArtist
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
placed my order looking forward to seeing it in person. this is my first SS figure so I'm excited, BIG Princess Leia Fan

JEDIpartner
03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Her cinnamon buns look too small. How did that happen? Maybe they didn't use enough yeast?

Tycho
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Her cinnamon buns look too small. How did that happen? Maybe they didn't use enough yeast?

LMAO. Too funny! lol

BountyHunterScum
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm waiting for the Slave Leia version then I will preorder it.

Tycho
03-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm waiting for the Slave Leia version then I will preorder it.

She'll look awful as a SideShow figure because of all their standard articulation. SideShow's great for figures with clothes on, but Slave Leia...

AoDfan
03-23-2007, 06:39 PM
As much as I'd like to see a Slave Leia, I'll have to agree on not likely with their articulation also.

Darth Cruel
03-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Sideshow mentioned early on that they are trying to find a way to hide the articulation in figures that require less costume. They mentioned trying to use the rubber covers that G.I. Joe used to have as one possibility, but not the only one. But they did not say what they would do for sure.

Myself...I realize that with the standards I want for the articulation on a figure, I have to sacrifice some of the sculpt at some point. I would accept a Slave Leia with the joints showing as long as the rest of the sculpt and paint apps were good. You can see now that the painted hands and heads do not PERFECTLY match the body colors. It is OK on a figure that is covered. I would be beside myself mad at SS if they released a Slave Leia with the head and hands not matching the mannequin. Also...there would have to be more sculpting on the mannequin as the one Sideshow uses does not in any way look like a real body. Slave Leia's would have to.

ds6161
03-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Is her head kinda big??
even without the hair buns... with the buns it just looks strange..

Darth Cruel
03-27-2007, 12:09 AM
I keep going back to check out this figure. I am surprisingly stoked about getting Leia. And I am ecstatic about getting the Stormtrooper Blaster. I have wanted one for Han, and even though the 12" Hasbro one works well, I am glad to get a Sideshow one to give to him.

JediTricks
11-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Yay! If you didn't see my news post today, this figure is due to pre-auth on Monday. I got the email on Wednesday, but didn't get a chance to post it till today. I honestly didn't remember the pre-order being SO long ago though.

plasticfetish
11-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Cool! I saw that it was coming up pretty soon. Let us know how it is when you get it. I backed out on this one a little while ago (budgeting, and I already have a few other figures on order, so...), but I really want to know what you think. I may change my mind and pick it up later if you like it .

JediTricks
11-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I will, and I'll keep my responses restrained so I don't go all gaga at first and then back off (or vice-versa, that's what I did with Maul).

JediTricks
11-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Sideshow pre-authed my card for the figure a few minutes ago. Hopefully it'll get here by the end of the week and my replacement Luke Bespin will be with it.

jedibear
11-28-2007, 11:58 PM
fingers crossed for ya JT (and hoping that B-Luke is a worthy replacement)...
Liea wings her way to the northeast next weds...

K M Toydarian
11-29-2007, 03:39 AM
UPS will be delivering her to me tomorrow (Thursday). I can't wait.

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Some friends already got theirs, and the reaction is less than positive. One claims the headsculpt is a recycle of the Boushh Leia with different hair and paint (easy enough since both are applied aspects during manufacturing), but I'm not sure it's accurate - though he does point out that Sideshow doesn't credit anybody for the headsculpt which is very unusual. I saw a few photos of it, and it looked fine to me, but the people posting there weren't digging theirs at all. One thing that's clearly true though, the body skin is darker than the head.

Mine will be here tomorrow, it'll be raining so I'm not sure I'll bother driving out to get it until Saturday.

decadentdave
12-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Mine came today and I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it's not the disaster that was Yavin Luke. On the other hand, there are a lot of issues. The sculpt, while not great, is still an improvement from the original pre-order photos which had smaller buns and a more pointed chin. Thankfully, those issues were fixed. However, her face is proportionally too large for her head and the buns need to be bigger. Her nose is HUGE. We're talking Barbara Streisand nose. The eyes are looking off to the side which just bugs me to no end. The petite hands are way too small and her gun hand needs a trigger finger, The dress is alright but the hood and neckpiece are seperate pieces that were sown onto the neck so shoddily that you can see the fraying stitches. The hood sucks period. For one thing it's not long enough and won't drape over her head and buns naturally. The accesories are nice. The Stormtrooper blaster is exceptionally accurate and detailed but I prefer her to hold the blaster from Tantive IV. The Death Star plans are meh. I kept them in the box as are the binder cuffs. At least the paint apps LOOK like Carrie Fisher as opposed to some of the other paint apps we've seen i.e. Yavin Luke and Bespin Han. Bespin Luke was pretty good but still not quite a decent likeness of Hamil.

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Oh dear. I didn't pick mine up today, it was raining and I didn't feel like braving friday rainy traffic for just 1 item. Now I'm thinking I should just get my $$$ back on it.

plasticfetish
12-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Here's a little comparison picture that I've made from Sideshow's prototype photo, a pic that I took at CIV, and (for fun) a grab from ANH.

Decadentdave, I can see what you're saying about the face and head, but just the same, I don't think it's a terrible likeness. Still not as good as the job that they did on the premium figure (second photo), but that's to be expected I suppose.

Like to hear what more people have to say.

decadentdave
12-01-2007, 09:46 AM
The difference between the PF and the 1:6 sculpt is like night and day. You can see the obvious differences. If they were going to paint her eyes looking off to the side at least have her looking off to the right as in that photo as opposed to her left.

K M Toydarian
12-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't mind her too much, but I don't like the outfit at all. It is completely the wrong fabric and fit for me. Also, for being so sparse in costume detail, she should have come with a couple more hands. One open palm right hand like the left one, and a right hand with trigger finger, like the Premium format.

jedibear
12-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Here's a little comparison picture that I've made from Sideshow's prototype photo, a pic that I took at CIV, and (for fun) a grab from ANH...Like to hear what more people have to say.

Good photo comp...
I know I'll get blasted for this, but I actually like the 1:6 sculpt better. The PF one is clean and has good quality, but it's just a touch too "glamour" for me...looks more like Amy Irving (Speilberg's ex) instead of Carrie.

Won't have her til weds, but it is disappointing to see no extra hands (2 guns and no trigger finger? WTF?)...and from the shots folks are posting the outfit looks troublesome and a little cheesy.

At least we have the superb "Boussh" version of her...
Really hoping for a Hoth version now...

plasticfetish
12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
If they were going to paint her eyes looking off to the side at least have her looking off to the right as in that photo as opposed to her left.I kind of thought that also.

I know I'll get blasted for this, but I actually like the 1:6 sculpt better. The PF one is clean and has good quality, but it's just a touch too "glamour" for me...looks more like Amy Irving (Speilberg's ex) instead of Carrie.I think that's a good point. I've said it before, and I said it about the Han figure (that sucked for many other reasons), but I like it when the face has a little "character" to it.

but it is disappointing to see no extra hands (2 guns and no trigger finger?Yeah, I really don't understand that. The version I shot at CIV (don't remember about SD Comic-Con), has a trigger finger. :confused:

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 03:17 PM
I picked mine up yesterday finally. It's a decent figure with a likeness based on the Boushh figure but softened (it's definitely a different head, the hair is part of the sculpt on each), I think it really captures her look - even with the sideways-glance eyes which aren't too annoying after a little while. I really dig the likeness actually, and the makeup paint is very well done showing great restraint. The likeness to me seems bang-on, the only issue is that the chin seems like it's too far out because they set the neck a little too far back.

The body has a lot of good articulation, but the color doesn't match her head, and her hands don't match either color which is stupid. Not having a separate trigger finger hurts a lot. Her boots look good but seem too bulky.

The outfit seems like it was farmed out to a lesser company, it's got the look but up close the material seems cheap and wrinkles & bags funny, and it's permanently sewn on her instead of adjustable. The belt is alright, leathery, but nothing to write home about. The real tragedy is the separate collar with hood, it's a different material and not really joined to the dress showing some frayed threads around the dress neckline. The collar doesn't go low enough so it fits more like a scarf. The hood isn't big enough on the sides so it doesn't look right around her shoulders and doesn't fit her head that well, it can be fudged in that "half-covered" look but basically they blew it.

Accessories: The imp blaster is perfect in deco and sculpt, the stock is even completely movable and fully convertible! Her sporting blaster is a little oversized and has no paint except for a small red dot - cheap. The Death Star plans are teeny weeny and easily fall out of the tray, not good. The exclusive cuffs are alright, the color doesn't match one to the other, but they're ok. Definitely needed a trigger right hand, this was unacceptable.

The box is another letdown, it's the first one that's not a double-box, it's just a single flap with the magnet, she's got so few accessories I guess they felt they didn't need to bother. Maybe that should have told you something important about either the price of the fig or the number of the accessories Sideshow!

All in all, I am actually pleased with it, it's a good figure with a few drawbacks. If the outfit was better, this would be an "A" in my book. As it is now, it's a "B-", nice figure with a lot of secondary stuff hampering it. But when you put her in the "waiting in the cellblock" pose, it looks perfect, and there are some decent poses she can take like wearing the cuffs around 1 hand in a James Bond "ready to fire" pose.

Good photo comp...
I know I'll get blasted for this, but I actually like the 1:6 sculpt better. The PF one is clean and has good quality, but it's just a touch too "glamour" for me...Totally agree, and with the PF the sculpt isn't there as well as the deco. I don't see Leia in that PF at all, the 1:6 looks spot on though.

jedibear
12-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, Leia arrived today...

And after all the negative buzz she's received on various boards, I held my breath opening the box, expecting a disaster of galactic proportions and instead was greeted with a fairly nice figure.
Granted, some of the critical comments being bandied about are valid...the light accessories (be extra careful with that stormtrooper rifle...very fragile!), the lack of alternate hands, and yes...that outfit is almost substandard coming from Sideshow...odd material, really crumpled (especially on the chest) and lots of frayed edges.
But countering that are some really great pluses...the head sculpt and paint apps are simply stunning...really impressive. I'll state it for the record now that I've got her here in front of me...this sculpt is WAY better than the PF one to me. The boots are sculpted and detailed with some character as well.
I hope the all-in-one tray with the figure and accessories isn't the new rule...I always liked the other ones with the second tray spreading out the accessories in a nice presentation, but she's presented like Yavin Luke was. I really hope we get alternate hands with forthcoming figures too...Leia is presented with two guns and no hand with a a trigger figure to fire them. Ah, well...
I like the figure...I just hope I can get the outfit looking a little better with some futzing....we'll see.

Here's a outta-the-box no futz shot...

jedibear
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Okay...took her outside for some shots today...wrong environment I know...but I like how the light off the snow shows how good that sculpt and detailing is...

JediTricks
12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Glad you also dig yours, with reservations being understandable.

In your shots, I don't think that angle is the right one for that face, it makes her mouth look longer than it really is because it follows the curves on the side. And just like real people, the white snow makes her skin pop too red which is just odd. The first shot with the shadow is pretty darn good though especially for straight out of the box, the only things I'd change there are the camera angle, her right foot angle, and her left hand position.

K M Toydarian
12-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Okay...took her outside for some shots today...wrong environment I know...but I like how the light off the snow shows how good that sculpt and detailing is...

It's "Illum Leia".:D
I am fairly happy with her too. Thanks for the shots.

decadentdave
12-09-2007, 01:24 AM
One thing I did to improve my Leia which is easy but makes a huge difference is to glue the inseams of her sleeves to one side with some Fabri-Tac. It not only hides the tacky inseams but also helps to weight-down the sleeves more naturally when posing her with her blaster. I also found that a little bit of stretching on the hood helps it drape a lot better too.

Jayspawn
12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I didnt order this one, but I think it looks pretty good from the photos posted. I may get one later.

jedibear
12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
It's "Illum Leia".:D
I am fairly happy with her too. Thanks for the shots.

Thanks KM...yes, I'm hoping her daughter shows up while I still have plenty of snow around for some shots....

One thing I did to improve my Leia which is easy but makes a huge difference is to glue the inseams of her sleeves to one side with some Fabri-Tac. It not only hides the tacky inseams but also helps to weight-down the sleeves more naturally when posing her with her blaster. I also found that a little bit of stretching on the hood helps it drape a lot better too.

Good advice dave..I'll try that. I also put wire in the hem, just to get it to stay in position a little better. a pic later...

Also...to everyone: Did the stormtrooper blaster come in two pieces(top rail & main gun)? Mine did...it goes together okay but is real fragile...I'm thinking of gluing it together (mostly because I don't want to lose a piece....

JediTricks
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Mine was in a single piece, sounds like yours is busted.

Darth Cruel
12-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks KM...yes, I'm hoping her daughter shows up while I still have plenty of snow around for some shots....

LOL, JB - Did you mean Ilum Padme, Leia's mother?

jedibear
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Mine was in a single piece, sounds like yours is busted.

Well that sucks...time for some reference shots and super-glue :(

LOL, JB - Did you mean Ilum Padme, Leia's mother?

Aaaccckk! You're right...those darned relations are so confusing... :)

JediTricks
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Don't bother with the superglue, SSC has a great return policy, they'll send you out another blaster if you can prove yours is busted (either a photo or send it back).

jedibear
01-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, after futzing with that poor excuse for a gown, I finally gave up and just switched it with the old Hasbro Action collection one...

I think it looks WAY better...it's better tailored, hangs better and isn't permanently wrinkled like the Sideshow one.

The belt had a spot of glue holding the peg in place...it took time and patience, but it finally worked loose. The gown was a bit more problematic...I ended up popping the threads at the waist to get it loosened enough to remove it. (Also have to (carefully) remove her head). It didn't rip the fabric or anything so it wouldn't be too hard to put it all back on if the need arose. But...I'm really pleased with the way she looks with the Hasbro gown...and if the Sideshow one is good for anything at this point, it's as a pattern to make a new one if I ever stumble across any material that would be more appropriate.

Now she stands proudly on display...

So don't toss out those old Hasbro figures yet folks! They can come in handy when Sideshow stumbles.... :)

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
An interesting idea, but it looks too thick and she's kinda swimming in it. Then again, I'm not as displeased with the Sideshow one as most of you are. I did show it to Deoxy though and she immediately noticed the funked up collar with the frayed edges.

jedibear
01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I relented and put the Sideshow gown back on her. After staring at the Hasbro one on her for a while. While that gown does feature a better construction and material, JT is right, it does run a little large looking on her so...

I futzed with the gown the best I could to get the major wrinkles and folds out...and here's the best I could do...Better than it was, but...I wish it could be even more so. I love the head sculpt so much and wanted her looking as good as possible for when the ANH boys arrive later in the year...

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
What kills me about the SSC outfit is that it's SUPPOSED to have wrinkles, but they're supposed to be fine, and the material doesn't really want to do that, it wants to be somewhat amorphous, leading to a bland look. Still, I can't wait to have the trio of heroes together, I'll probably include my Hasbro R2-D2 as well.