PDA

View Full Version : Why is it too much to ask to just call it The Sopranos Season 7 ?

2-1B
03-16-2007, 01:30 PM
:confused:

They did 12 (very good) episodes last year that I enjoyed, calling it The Sopranos Season 6...and released them on DVD as The Sopranos Season 6 part 1.

We all knew that when the show returns in 2007 (next month, yay!) that it is not a complete season so that's why it is part 2. Well, a few years back when it looked like the show might not come back, they got it going again and then when they announced the Final Season, they later announced that Chase was going to do a few more episodes on top of it. I don't recall how many exactly, but I think it was around 6 or so? Then for awhile last year it was going to be 8 more episodes and now that the teasers are airing on HBO, they are saying that there are NINE more to come. Awesome !

But how does that constitute "Part 2" of a season that already has 12 episodes? :confused:

Why not just call it season 7 and have it be 3/4 of a regular season? When the DVDs come out, put all the episodes on 3 discs and then drop in a 4th disc of good bonus material with retrospectives on all the seasons with interviews and media coverage and stuff like that. Do some vignettes with David Chase taking us through the different storylines for the characters, stuff like that.

Then you're looking at a lineup of 7 identically sized box sets on your shelf of a pretty damn good show, all labelled numerically without this part 1 and part 2 nonsense.

Come on ! :D

Anyway, I hope it's a good "season" :rolleyes: and that it ends nicely. I have no idea what is going to happen and I like to avoid spoilers for this show, so it should be an enjoyable last hurrah to go through.

On a side note, I kind of dislike how HBO trimmed the season lengths on their dramas from 13 to 12 episodes...but I do like how one can now tape an entire season on 2 VHS tapes and not have to go into a third. lol lol lol

Kidhuman
03-16-2007, 01:36 PM
The show sucks anyways, who cares.

2-1B
03-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I do, for one, or I wouldn't have posted the question.

JEDIpartner
03-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd prefer if they called the show "The Coloratura Sopranos"... (a soprano with a light agile voice specializing in coloratura)

2-1B
03-16-2007, 04:02 PM
That was going to be my other suggestion. lol

JimJamBonds
03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
What about: Season Six Mark Two?

Ji'dai
03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd prefer if they called the show "The Coloratura Sopranos"... (a soprano with a light agile voice specializing in coloratura) Jaime Lynn-Sigler, who plays Tony's daughter Meadow, thought that the show was about opera singers when she auditioned. I think she released a pop album few years ago.

The actor that plays Uncle Junior released an album of Italian songs too. He did sing in one episode, at a funeral supper.

2-1B
03-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Good episode, I liked how drunken Meadow was throwing dinner rolls during Uncle June's performance. I believe it was for Jackie Junior's funeral?

Ji'dai
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, season 3 finale with Jackie Jr.'s funeral.

2-1B
04-08-2007, 09:06 PM
*spoilers*

*spoilers*

I liked the fight scene, very well done!

Good stuff tonight, I always thought of Bobby as a non-killer mafia guy, even though he threatened that Union guy with bullets to the head a few seasons ago. Plus the way he botched that false-hit on that rapper made him look like a novice.

Well, I guess he's not the non-killer type anymore...but dude, take the rest of your shirt with you when you leave. lol

UKWildcat
04-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, I guess he's not the non-killer type anymore...but dude, take the rest of your shirt with you when you leave. lol

No kidding, and don't leave the weapon right next to the crime scene. Duh! :stupid:

Really good episode, glad to see this one is back on as well.

The fight scene was good, though the Monopoly beforehand was fantastic. Bobby crashing his Jeep into the tree was hilarious. This episode had many funny moments now that I think about it.

Good stuff indeed! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
04-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I expected some dookie to hit the fan when Tony got home and found out AJ was partying in his bed.

I have this crazy feeling that leaving the gun and a large piece of bloodstained shirt at a murder scene in another country is going to bite Bobby on the butt very soon....

2-1B
04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
No kidding, and don't leave the weapon right next to the crime scene. Duh! :stupid:

"Especially now with DNA evidence." --Bobby--

I am watching it again right now and he just said that as I read Yuke and Chux's posts. :crazed:

The gun thing I kinda get because it was "clean" like when they had those Italians whack Rusty but the shirt thing is definitely a question mark. It would be cool if the show ends with the knowledge that Bobby is going to go to jail for a single murder while other people with longer lists of murders go free.

People like Christopher, for example...how great was his little cameo ? lol

I loved this episode, great stuff, but I'm more looking forward to next week when they get back to "Joysey" so we can see the rest of the crew.

El Chuxter
04-09-2007, 09:17 AM
BTW, am I forgetting something from last season? What's the deal with this huge falling out between Tony and Christopher? I recall Chris going back into the movie business, but not enough to cause this major rift.

Ji'dai
04-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I think Tony is peeved that Christopher is still pursuing his Hollywood aspirations, especially after that ultimatum he gave him a few seasons ago. Plus his drug addiction and Adriana being flipped all are strikes against him in Tony's mind.

Bobby was wearing gloves during the shooting so he drops the murder weapon at the scene to avoid being caught with it later on. It's probably untraceable anyway. Any DNA evidence collected will probably be a dead-end since it's doubtful that Bobby has any on file with Canadian police. The show tends to show U.S. law enforcement as bunglers so I doubt the Canadians will get any slack.

UKWildcat
04-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Bobby was wearing gloves during the shooting...

Oh, I did not notice he had gloves on.

2-1B
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Sil could have used a face mask at the restaurant tonight. :eek:

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, good stuff. Looks like everything is set up nicely for the last 7 episodes.

Bittersweet. :cry:

UKWildcat
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Bittersweet. :cry:

Indeed. :sad:

I thought it was hilarious when Carm said to Tony "That's you" while they were watching Cleaver during the scene in the basement and Daniel B. had the white robe on. lol Anyone going to watch the inside look, or whatever, the special on HBO about Cleaver? I'm gonna check it out. Could be fun. :thumbsup:

That shooting of the other guy, I forget his name, when Sal was having dinner with him was pretty crazy. :crazed:

I think Tony is going to off Christopher. :Ponder:

El Chuxter
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Who exactly was the other guy eating with Sal? (And is it Sal or Sil? I thought Sil, short for Silvio. I could be wrong.)

Until the final scene, I expected that maybe the series would end with Christopher offing Tony.

I'm thinking now that the murder of Adriana could be what causes the series to grind to a halt. The FBI has to suspect Tony and company, and if they can prove it (as in, if they find any body parts at all--unlikely, but possible) then they can bring down Tony, Christopher, and Sa/il all at once. Vito is dead already, so this would leave Paulie and Bobby, neither of whom is competent enough to run things.

UKWildcat
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Who exactly was the other guy eating with Sal? (And is it Sal or Sil? I thought Sil, short for Silvio. I could be wrong.)

I believe he was one of the main guys, Captain I suppose?!?!?, that could possibly take over Boss in the other family, that Johnny Sac ran before the sh*t went down, and then Phil ran (or is still running?!?!) but his heart gave out. That family is in limbo and they need a solid replacement for Boss Anyways, I don't know if we had seen him before, if we have, I don't remember him. I could be mistaken though, I'm really rusty as far as the Sopranos go. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

I'm thinking now that the murder of Adriana could be what causes the series to grind to a halt.

I don't think we've seen the last of Ade either. Did they bury her under Carms house that she was building last season? I forget the name she had for that house, but it was called something. Again, my memory is rusty.

2-1B
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
That was Gerry Torciano who they showed on Geraldo's show. That Doc guy (older white haired guy) was at the Cleaver premiere and he's the one who had Gerry whacked since they were competing to be Boss after Johnny Sack.

It's Sil Chux, short for Silvio.

How funny was Phil Leotardo aka Phil Leonardo da Vinci ? lol
I'm worried about that guy though, he's about to go crazy and get really violent.

UKWildcat
04-16-2007, 08:06 PM
That shooting of the other guy, I forget his name, when Sal was having dinner with him was pretty crazy.

Whoops, my bad guys. I knew it was Sil, just been a little messed up today.

2-1B
04-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Good stuff last night, I love how Tony points out that everything is going well and he's waiting for the other shoe to drop...thing is, he might be forcing that shoe to drop by picking on Paulie like that. :confused:

Oh and I found it interesting that the guys who whacked that Doc guy were dressed like the guy who did Gerry Torciano. That Phil "Leonardo" is a crafty guy. ;)

El Chuxter
04-23-2007, 09:26 PM
I have this crazy feeling, based upon the dream with Big P, that Paulie is not long for this world.

After last night's ep, though, I doubt it will be Tony who does him in.

I'm still leaning toward Adriana's murder being the final thing that does Tony in, though it's looking more and more like the war in New York will play an important role in things, too.

2-1B
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't mind if Paulie got whacked, I don't like him. He is a great character but of all the bad guys on the show, he's one of the worst.

UKWildcat
04-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Pretty good episode of Sopranies last night.

I couldn't believe that kid took a dump in the shower. I thought he was going to throw it at those kids, but he stepped in it instead. :confused: lol It sucked the way he was hauled out of his bedroom, had to feel sorry for him.

Tony's a little out of control with his gambling. Him and Carm arguing brought back some memories. I thought for sure he was going to have another panic attack.

I really felt sorry for AJ and how his girl broke up with him. That was rough. Maybe now he'll go and work for Dad!?!? That would be kinda sweet.

2-1B
05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Last week was excellent, the whole gambling thing and the deal with Hesh's woman dying. :(

This last episode was outstanding but I was very disturbed by that meaningless shot to the head. :cry:

El Chuxter
05-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I didn't see tonight coming.

At least not the way it went down.

Rest in peace, Mr Moltosanti.

I kind of figured after his waltzing into the dude's house when his wife seemed to be in the other room, then shooting him in the head, that Chris would die in jail.

UKWildcat
05-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I thought tonight's episode was pretty darn good.

It sucked to see Chris go, given all that he has provided throughout the years. I thought he was going to go on his own, but Tony assisted him, which I didn't really see coming, for whatever reason. That whole sequence was a shocker to me.

Tony in Vegas was great. He was cleaning up at the roulette table while he was on those peyote buttons. That chick was mad hot too.

These last three episodes should be rather crazy.

2-1B
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Rest in peace, Mr Moltosanti.

At least now he can know for sure if he really had a vision of Hell back in season 2 when he got shot and had that near death experience or if he was just imagining it. ;)

jjreason
05-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I said it elsewhere, but that (Tony killing Chrissy) was the single most shocking pop culture moment I've experienced since I saw the removal of Vader's helmet in ROJ as a kid. My eyes welled up with tears - I loved Chrissy, and I'm falling for it... I started hating Tony. :mad: His self-destruction is well underway.... the only questions that remain in my mind are as follows:

1) Will Tony get arrested or die? Both perhaps?

2) Will Carm live happily ever after?

3) Will Phil Leo(re)tardo go off the deep end and start killing members of Tony's crew... and (since it follows) will Carmine Junior step in if he does?

4) Will Adriana return from the dead? (I still have this whacky theory that Silvio is going to give up Tony... I've had it for years, and still don't believe he killed Ade.)

5) Will AJ follow in dad's footsteps, or will his premature, violent death (as a result of blindly following those Jason idiots around) be another thing leading to Tony's ultimate end?

3 more episodes.... I can't wait to find out. :love:

2-1B
05-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I was kinda hoping AJ would get killed, not because he deserves it but because I think it would have made for an interesting coda to the life Tony has led on the series. The whole time the show has been on, he has wanted AJ to be spared that life so I think a good punishment for T would be to lose his son to that same life. Plus, I like the way AJ turned out as a young man and I'd hate to see him seriously corrupted.

Jason Parisi (in particular) really bugs me.

reason do you think Junior's storyline is over? I do.

jjreason
05-18-2007, 03:29 PM
We may have seen the last of Uncle June. Him "running the strip" at the nursing home was a funny/sad enough way to leave that character.

jjreason
05-20-2007, 09:20 PM
"What with all the mercury in the fish alone, it's a wonder more kids ain't jumpin' off bridges." lol :D

UKWildcat
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I was kinda hoping AJ would get killed, not because he deserves it but because I think it would have made for an interesting coda to the life Tony has led on the series.

Well your wish almost came true tonight C-Saw.

Pretty good episode tonight, all the stuff with AJ was pretty wild.

Tony pulling a "Derek Vinyard" on dude was pretty crazy too. :crazed:

UKWildcat
06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Well tonight's episode was pretty loaded.

I felt sorry for Bobby, although I felt even more sorry for Sil. :sad:

Tony going to sleep with that assault rifle (that Bobby gave him) in hand was pretty wild. :crazed:

I was really hoping Phil was going to get his. :mad:

Next week should be pretty good. The final episode. :D

While I am happy the show is wrapping up nicely, and we are going to get closeure, everything seems really forced. Like they are trying to tie-up all this stuff in not enough time. Maybe if they had planned to do another half season or something then the pacing would be different and everything wouldn't seem so forced. Thats my only gripe. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

El Chuxter
06-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Wow.

Ninety minutes later, and still I'm thinking, "Holy f***in' s***!"

I'm not 100% sure Tony will die, but it's definite that he and Phil cannot be at peace as long as both are alive. One is going down next week. Hard.

Hopefully the terrorism and AJ subplots will play a major role next week.

You'd think the crew would've learned that, every time they entrust a hit to a third party, said third party turns out to be worse than incompetent.

Daz
06-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Just finished watching it fantastic ep , was gutted to see Bobby get whacked (he had come so far from an object of derision to one of tonys better earners), Sil too tho quite why he didnt have a gun to hand since he knew the situation(the botched phil hit) that they were still very much in danger.

I can see this ending three ways:

1. Tony turns state evidence and he and the family go into Witness protection (ala henry hill) and for real this time not like Adrianna

2.Tony's location is betrayed by the new guy ("Gonorrhea" Garniere from Band of Brothers) or Paulie lets remember he's flirted with new york before, and he is killed, the series ends with AJ avenging his father and killing phil.

3. Tony manages to wait Phil out who returns to new york and is whacked leaving tony king of new york.

The following are the pro's and cons of each choice:

1. pros - the series has time and again tipped its hat to the giants of the genre Godfather and goodfellas, this would be very much in keeping with that tradition. It's also laced with Irony that tony who had manys a time ranted about every one turning states evidence" no ones got time for the penal experiance" he complains to melfi should end up doing just the same.

cons- Its a bit obvious maybe too obvious

2.pros -paulies betrayal fits he's flirted with new york before he can sense which way the winds blowing and is perhaps aware that he will never be Tony's number two even with Sill gone(lets face it Tony thinks he's a liability) so it makes sense. The Sopranos has been a visceral and at time extremely brutal show to watch we have grown to love these characters down through the years despite there flaws but they are in the end callous and brutal criminals (albeit charming ones) so it is fitting and perhaps morally responsible that the title character should die that crime should be seen not to pay.While Tonys death would lend the series the finallity it needs AJ's actions would serve as an interesting epilogue his fathers death shocking him out of his funk and giving him the motivation and direction(albeit down the same road his father took way back when) that has been missing from his life and lets remember he tried to kill junior for shootin his dad what do you think he'd do to phil for killing him, still killin a boss is a great way to make your bones.

cons- nothing really I like this Idea

3. pros- leaves the door open for a film

cons- would leave you wanting more

what do you guys think ?

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I think, in light of the AJ situation, there's a good chance Tony could turn informant.

I doubt Paulie will be a turncoat. He hates Phil; it was Johnny Sac he liked.

2-1B
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
and he didn't even like John after he found out that John didn't really have Paulie's back.

I was sad to see Bobby go but his entire story arc from Season 2 all the way through to last night was a pure masterpiece.

Sil's as good as gone if they are saying he won't regain consciousness...hey I KNOW I posted in a thread on SSG somewhere over the years that I would be ticked if they ever killed off Bobby or Sil - and last night I lost 'em both. :crazed:

I wouldn't have minded Patsy Parisi getting winged in the fracas. And also that Butchie guy...I hate him worse than Phil.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Here we go, let's count it down...2 hours and 15 minutes until the beginning of the end. :cry: :cry: :cry:

UKWildcat
06-10-2007, 06:12 PM
1 Hour and 50 minutes to go... :(

I bet tonight's show kills in the ratings. I know people who haven't watched the show in years that are going to watch the finale.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Plus I bet it will be criticized as not living up to the hype - everyone is talking about it, so I'm sure there will be plenty of naysayers.

I have avoided spoilers on it (Little Steven allegedly said you wouldn't be able to predict the finale anyway) so I don't know if it will be good or not...personally I hope they don't attempt to wrap up every loose end. I doubt Chase would do that, and I bet he'll take some flak for it.

UKWildcat
06-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Okay... wow.... not sure what to...

...thought my DVR f'ed up there at the end...

...still taking it in....

...not sure what to think...

...or say....

...hmmmm....

El Chuxter
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
I will assume that Sil came out of his coma, but by that time, Tony was already in jail. (Fifteen years had passed.) Having spent so long in a coma, he was ready to retire from the mob, and sold the rights to his story to AJ (now sort of the Michael Bay of his world) and made millions, Donnie Brasco style.

Of course, with inflation, "millions" was only about two weeks salary for a garbageman.

Oh, and Paulie was still alive, as a cyborg. 'Cause everything in the future has to have cyborgs. They rock.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I love the anti-climactic setup with the whole "don't stop" pun. lol

UKWildcat
06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
lol You are crazy Chux!

I read on another forum that during the boating sequence between Bobby and Tony, it was brought up "What happens when you die?" and the answer was, "Nothing, everything turns black." or something to that effect. Now, I haven't rewatched that episode, so I can't verify this information, but if it is correct, then we know what happened to Tony at the very end (since everything appeared from his perspective). :cry: I thought that was a great interpretation, even though I didn't like the result.

DarthQuack
06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Very strange episode indeed.....I was just speechless for the last couple hours about it....

2-1B
06-11-2007, 06:52 AM
lol You are crazy Chux!

I read on another forum that during the boating sequence between Bobby and Tony, it was brought up "What happens when you die?" and the answer was, "Nothing, everything turns black." or something to that effect. Now, I haven't rewatched that episode, so I can't verify this information, but if it is correct, then we know what happened to Tony at the very end (since everything appeared from his perspective). :cry: I thought that was a great interpretation, even though I didn't like the result.

Yeah, didn't he say something about how "you don't even hear it coming" or something like that ?

That's not to say Tony definitely got killed, it could have just been in reference to Bobby...'cause he sure didn't see his death coming.

Hellboy
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
uhhmm . . . :confused: would someone mind explaining what just happened???

I seriously don't get what we're supposed to interpret from that last scene? Or was that the whole point? To just leave everything up to each individual's interpretation and not tie anything up. Confusing to say the least. I'm sure this finale is going to upset a lot of fans who were expecting something more.

El Chuxter
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Life goes on. Everything is going to continue in much the same way it has beyond six previous season finales (albeit without Chris, Bobby, Phil, Johnny, and, likely, Sil). We just won't be seeing it.

There were a lot of loose ends, so everyone can interpret what happens next. (Such as, why was the FBI agent so excited when Phil got wacked? Rooting for Tony? Or maybe they're going to be able to pin a murder charge on him now?)

UKWildcat
06-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Falco did state in an interview, several weeks ago, that they filmed 3 different endings. Wonder what the other two were?!?!?

2-1B
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
uhhmm . . . :confused: would someone mind explaining what just happened???

I seriously don't get what we're supposed to interpret from that last scene? Or was that the whole point? To just leave everything up to each individual's interpretation and not tie anything up. Confusing to say the least. I'm sure this finale is going to upset a lot of fans who were expecting something more.

I'm of the opinion that if anyone got whacked, it was "the audience" - the more I think about Bobby on that boat, when he said 'you don't even here/see it coming', I suppose we the audience didn't see it coming.

Tony did not get killed there, it was all suspense leading up to Meadow walking through the door leading to...nothing different. Sure it was very suspenseful but I think that's just the reality of Tony's life, you never know what's going to happen...but I don't think he got popped there. First of all, if that guy going to the bathroom was going to shoot him, he would have done it without even going into the bathroom. He wouldn't linger like that and this isn't The Godfather, you didn't have to be searched to get in the door.

If those suspicious characters were anybody to be suspicious about, I'd say the worst scenario is that they were Feds. The biggest roadblock in Tony's future is an indictment so maybe he'll end up in jail. Or maybe he'll beat the rap, since Mink told him trials are there to be one.

So who knows ?

Hey it wasn't the cool ending that Six Feet Under got but that's a different type of show so I like what we got. Sure I wanted more, of course...but I also want another season and another one after that, so whatever they gave us I was going to want to see more.

BTW, at least it was better than the Seinfeld finale. lol lol lol

UKWildcat
06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
So who knows ?

David Chase I'm sure. :p ;)

I don't know. I can see how people are frustrated with how it ended. I thought it was fine. Sure, it was anti-climatic. I'm curious if he, Chase, will ever answer everyone's questions about the ending; I doubt it. But like I said earlier, curious to see those other endings.

I'd be down for a Sopranies movie.

Hey it wasn't the cool ending that Six Feet Under got but that's a different type of show so I like what we got. Sure I wanted more, of course...but I also want another season and another one after that, so whatever they gave us I was going to want to see more.

Agreed 100%.

BTW, at least it was better than the Seinfeld finale. lol lol lol

I still love the button comment though, I thought that was brilliant. :thumbsup:

Hellboy
06-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Well being a loyal fan of the series and even sticking up for it during what many felt was it's weaker seasons (seasons 4 and now 6) I feel pretty ripped. I didn't need everything tied up in a nice little bow just some sort of resolution to send the series off in style. I mean anything would have been better than what we got which IMO felt like a slap in the face by David Chase.

Here is all I got from the finale:

-AJ is still a sad sack self loathing spoiled brat.
-T & Carm really don't care about Meadow's happiness only how much $$$ she will make.
-Janice is still a vulture.
-After crying for years about not being given enough responsibility Paulie finally gets the opportunity to step up and he doesn't want it.
-Sil is still in a coma.

The only part of the finale I enjoyed was Phil getting whacked. The rest felt like unnecessary filler. What a disappointing way to send off one of the greatest television series ever. :sad:

General_Grievous
06-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I bet tonight's show kills in the ratings. I know people who haven't watched the show in years that are going to watch the finale.

I'm one of those people. I have to say that I was disappointed with the ending. To me, it felt like a cop-out. I saw it as an excuse for them to make a Sopranos movie in the future. But I did get something that I had hoped for. I didn't want Paulie to get whacked.....and he didn't. :thumbsup: But I still can't believe they killed Christopher a few episodes back. Eh, either way, after it ended, I thought, "There's gonna be some backlash over that ending", and judging from internet comments (though not really here), there is a lot of backlash. A lot of people are confused and mad about it.

El Chuxter
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
But the show has been, if nothing else, realistic. It's not realistic to leave everything tied up in a purty bow.

2-1B
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Exactly, Chux. We still don't know if the Russian survived when he stole Paulie's car. lol lol lol

Really though, Episode 1 began with Tony beginning therapy. Episode 85 showed the end of that therapy. They could have ended the show right there, with Tony and Phil both at odds and on the lam, now THAT would be an ending people would have complained about.

Jeezus, Melfi wasn't even in the final episode so I'm glad we got that one, at least...the cliffhangers I see are:

1) Will Silvio come out of that coma?
2) Will Tony beat the rap?

Beyond that, it doesn't really matter to me...Paulie will always be Paulie, whether he dies an old man or gets clipped it doesn't really matter because he will never change, he will always be the same. Carm, Meadow, and AJ aren't going to change, AJ showed the most promise but was lured back to his life of commercial luxury. Meadow branched off for awhile but now she's back in the fold. Carm is Carm, her moral dilemma and arc wrapped up when she went back to Tony.

Just my opinions...

El Chuxter
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Add to that a lot more, but especially:

3) Will Carmella ever learn that Tony personally killed Christopher and ordered Adriana's murder? (Screw the law; jail would be nothing compared to what Carm will put him through if she finds out.)

4) Who's in power in New York now? And how does Jersey relate to the new head?

5) Why the hell did the FBI dude (I can never remember his name) exclaimed, "We're gonna win this!" when he learned Phil had been wacked?

General_Grievous
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
But the show has been, if nothing else, realistic. It's not realistic to leave everything tied up in a purty bow.

All I'm saying is that it deserved a little bit better closure than that.

Hellboy
06-13-2007, 01:03 AM

The thing is Chase has been creating plot lines then abandoning them with no resolution for some time now. I don't think asking for a few of those loose ends to be tied up as the series comes to a close makes the show unrealistic. Thats just good storytelling IMO. If the series would have just ended on a coherent note the majority of fans would have been happy.

Exactly, Chux. We still don't know if the Russian survived when he stole Paulie's car.

Looking back I think that might have been where Chase became annoyed with the audience. Everyone wanted to know what would become of the Russian and Chase had no intention of explaining it further. He wasn't looking to do cookie-cutter television and decided to change how plot lines were handled in the series to prove his show was different.

The finale just felt to me like Chase's attempt to further distance himself from conventional storytelling. Leaving the end open for debate and discussion is fine to a point but it felt to me as if he was thumbing his nose at the audience.

jjreason
06-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Well I just got to see it tonight, and I thought it was excellent. Chux's impression is the same as mine - everything's just continuing on as per "normal". The situation with New York is settled (for now), the Feds are ready to lay charges against Tony (again).......... status quo. I don't think we need to know how everything ends for all of these characters.

My conclusions about "Yes! We're gonna win this!!!" is that they have a case against Tony for the murder of Phil - perhaps the cat was staring (or better yet listening) to an electronic surveillance device imperceptible to human ears.

2-1B
12-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Anybody else see this on Sunday during the pregame ? I almost choked from laughing at it, talk about being blindsided by this piece coming out of nowhere. lol lol lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNFDN2tCVQM

UKWildcat
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I missed it, but thanks for sharing. That was great. Mark Cuban caught me off guard. lol Good stuff. :thumbsup:

2-1B
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EwUG2nSLdw&feature=related

2-1B
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Why is it too much to ask to just sell the 2 bonus discs from The Sopranos boxset separately ? :cry:

I want to see them but I'm not rebuying...