PDA

View Full Version : Hermi Odle/Han Torture Rack/'08 Cantina Alien Confirmed

Droid
03-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Well according to the Q&As from other boards Han Torture Rack and Hermi Odle are confirmed for this year. They said at least one of Arleil Schous, Brainiac, F'u Man-Chu, & Bom Vimdin will come in '08. My money's on Bom Vimdim; he was in a fan choice poll once. Brainiac has probably the secod best shot. I doubt they'd do another wolfman. I don't know who F'u Man-Chu is.

Now if they would just tell us why Biggs won't have his cape!

Kidhuman
03-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Biggs will have his cape, Hasbro forgot to bring it to toy fair.

jjreason
03-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Wow, that's 2 more figures we've been clamoring for for years! Soon Yarna will be all alone in the unmade category. :cry:

Has anyone seen Batman, by the way? That creepy cat lady is asleep right now in a sunbeam that's coming through our window... I wonder if he might be able to come over and get her out of here before she wakes up.....

Droid
03-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Biggs will have his cape, Hasbro forgot to bring it to toy fair.

I read on another site that Hasbro reps said the cape was not included due to an oversight and now it was too late to include it.

Oh well, at least we're getting Hermi Odle. Maybe they'll give him a cape to make up for the Biggs fiasco.

obi-dad
03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
On March 15th, the German website www.4-inches.de, posted a pic of Bigs with his cape. It actually looks like a close-up of a cardback. Here's the link:

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news.htm

I've been searching all the websites I can remember for their Q&A posts, but most haven't posted yet (including Sir Steve's Guide). Where did you see the confirmation of Hermi Odle?

decadentdave
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Does that cape remind anybody else of the plastic '95 POTF Vader caper? Looks like they rushed to fix their "oversight" and pulled out the old mold. Cheap. I was hoping for soft goods.

How is it that Hasbro has so many of these "oversights?" I thought Luca$Film has to approve these first? How can Luca$Film have missed it too?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Does that cape remind anybody else of the plastic '95 POTF Vader caper? Looks like they rushed to fix their "oversight" and pulled out the old mold. Cheap. I was hoping for soft goods.

How is it that Hasbro has so many of these "oversights?" I thought Luca$Film has to approve these first? How can Luca$Film have missed it too?
Calm down, it's obviously a soft goods cape; look at how it goes under his arm, they would never sculpt it to look like that.

DarkArtist
03-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm excited to hear we are getting a torture rack Han Solo. Here's hoping that Hasbro gives us a decent Han for it and not a repack of the POTJ Han Bespin. Also hopefully Hasbro won't give us a facial sculpt like Geonosis Arena Mace Windu.

obi-dad
03-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Calm down, it's obviously a soft goods cape; look at how it goes under his arm, they would never sculpt it to look like that.

I don't know, did you click on the pic to get an enlarged image? I know it's very grainy, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's plastic, though I don't believe it's from any former Vader.

mtriv73
03-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Even if it doesn't come with a cape, I can cannibilize one of my old vader's and stick a cape on him. I'm really surprised they're making the torture rack Han. I can't wiat to hear what they call it. I'm fairly certain the word torture won't be on the card since many parents would likely take great offense.

mabudonicus
03-18-2007, 09:54 AM
"Interrogation Rack" I think would do, it was alwasy called that in the old days IITC :beard:Isobaws&

2-1B
03-18-2007, 10:33 AM
But mabs, "they never even asked (him) any questions." lol

I would call it the Coaxing Rack or the Coercion Rack. Or maybe the Persuasion Rack. Convincing Rack, could work, too. :grin:

mabudonicus
03-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Dammit Caesar, how did I forget the VERY NEXT LINE whilst posting that :D

I could make a gitmo-type comment but then we'd have to use a password to post in here again...

maybe "Grimacing Han w/Star Destroyer-based accessory" would be best after all :beard: Isobaws&

Mad Slanted Powers
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Let's call it "The Rack of Extreme Discomfort".

evenflow
03-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow, that's 2 more figures we've been clamoring for for years! Soon Yarna will be all alone in the unmade category. :cry:

My thoughts exactly.

I think Bom Vindom is the cantina alien they will be doing in 2008.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
If they're concerned about calling it a 'torture' rack, how about calling the set:
Han Solo - Bespin "Unpleasantness"?
:p

jjreason
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Well I got my Vader with Coin album today (and it's not cheesy - it's really nicely done and a lot bigger than I would have guessed), and it includes a new small catalogue of upcoming Hasbro stuff: Hermi Odle is figure #29 from this year. :thumbsup:

EDITED: I made a mistake with the numbering - C3PO with Salacious Crumb is #30!

decadentdave
03-19-2007, 09:25 PM
If they're concerned about calling it a 'torture' rack, how about calling the set:
Han Solo - Bespin "Unpleasantness"?
:p
Just call it: Han Solo Cloud City Interrogation

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Just call it: Han Solo Cloud City Interrogation
As stated above, "they never even asked [him] any questions." My money's on them not even making any mention of it on the front of the card, as very few of this year's figures (or last year's, for that matter) actually have any "sub-names" or whatever you want to call them. I really wish they'd bring those back as they made it easier to catalog figures.

decadentdave
03-19-2007, 09:56 PM
I know they never asked him any questions. That's the informal Imperial method of interrogation. Torture is too blatent of a word while Interrogation is politically more subdued and palpable. The Empire would never admit to calling it torture anymore than the Bush administration would consider the act of torturing suspected terrorists which they would call the use of such excessive force (no pun intended) to be considered an "interrogation." See how politically persuasive that sounds? It was all part of the lure to bring Luke to Cloud City anyway.

Darth Cruel
03-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I read on another site that Hasbro reps said the cape was not included due to an oversight and now it was too late to include it.

Oh well, at least we're getting Hermi Odle. Maybe they'll give him a cape to make up for the Biggs fiasco.

I may have misinturpreted the quote. But I understood it to say that not taking the cape to Toyfair was an oversight and when they realized their mistake, it was too late to get it in time to show it at Toyfair. I don't remember reading anything about it not being in production for the figure.

JediTricks
03-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Lucas confirmed in the ESB DVD commentary track that Han isn't being interrogated, he's being tortured specifically to get Luke's attention.

Droid
03-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I may have misinturpreted the quote. But I understood it to say that not taking the cape to Toyfair was an oversight and when they realized their mistake, it was too late to get it in time to show it at Toyfair. I don't remember reading anything about it not being in production for the figure.

I'm kidding. I know Biggs is having a cape and that Hasbro forgot to take it to ToyFair. A few of us have been giving Tycho a hard time because he made a huge deal of announcing over and over again that Biggs would have his cape. So some of us have been trying to create confusion even now as to if Biggs would have his cape. It is working...

Darth Cruel
03-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm kidding. I know Biggs is having a cape and that Hasbro forgot to take it to ToyFair. A few of us have been giving Tycho a hard time because he made a huge deal of announcing over and over again that Biggs would have his cape. So some of us have been trying to create confusion even now as to if Biggs would have his cape. It is working...

LOL - Yes, it is working - And I hope I didn't spoil it - Please, continue giving Tycho a hard time!

Tycho
03-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh really. I never believed you guys that Biggs would NOT have his cape. :rolleyes:

I knew there was a conspiracy. You see, I can smell these things!

Ha: you thought I wouldn't catch you? Did you now?:whip:

2-1B
03-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm kidding.

You are?

I know Biggs is having a cape and that Hasbro forgot to take it to ToyFair.

He is? I thought Hasbro wasn't giving him a cape.

A few of us have been giving Tycho a hard time because he made a huge deal of announcing over and over again that Biggs would have his cape.

You were?

So some of us have been trying to create confusion even now as to if Biggs would have his cape. It is working...

Okay, so is Biggs or is Biggs NOT coming with a cape? I need to know. :(

AmanaMatt
03-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Whoa, wait a minute...Biggs wore a cape with his Xwing outfit! :ninja:

Just kidding

Mad Slanted Powers
03-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Who's behind this caper?

2-1B
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Biggs Darklighter: Cape Cod Khakis is first on tap for 2009