PDA

View Full Version : At World's End

jonthejedi
03-18-2007, 07:57 AM
From what I've read...it looks like a POTC 3 trailer will debut on ABC Monday night during Dancing With The Stars. Can anyone confirm this?

General_Grievous
03-18-2007, 09:10 AM
I can't confirm it, but it would make sense. It's about time we saw a trailer. The movie's only about two months away.

2-1B
03-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I saw a snaek preview figure on clearance for $1.48 at Target the other day.

General_Grievous
03-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Looks like it's official. The trailer will be shown on "Dancing With the Stars".

http://www.comingsoon.net/blog/2007/03/disney_kicks_off_showest_openi.php

Without further ado, he announced that they would be premiering the new trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End a full week before its debut on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and the special screenings to precede it on March 18.

Also, look at what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfiET4dJo5s

If I had to guess, it's the trailer that will be shown tomorrow. The only problem is that it's in Russian. But it is subtitled...poorly. Still, it looks awesome. :thumbsup: You get to see Jack and Davy Jones swordfight!!!

JimJamBonds
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I just hope this movie isn't so long in the tooth as POTC II was.

UKWildcat
03-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I saw a snaek preview figure on clearance for $1.48 at Target the other day.

lol So did I. I had like 5 of them in my basket at one point too, but I put them back. Excellent price but I didn't need them, nor do I have any place to even put/store them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Looks like it's official. The trailer will be shown on "Dancing With the Stars".

http://www.comingsoon.net/blog/2007/03/disney_kicks_off_showest_openi.php

Also, look at what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfiET4dJo5s

If I had to guess, it's the trailer that will be shown tomorrow. The only problem is that it's in Russian. But it is subtitled...poorly. Still, it looks awesome. :thumbsup: You get to see Jack and Davy Jones swordfight!!!
You mean Jack survives the Kracken? Wow, what a surprise. :D :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2007, 10:24 PM
You mean Jack survives the Kracken? Wow, what a surprise. :D :rolleyes:

SPOILERZ ALERT OMG! WTF! LOLZ! :lipsrsealed: c'mon dude, don't roll the eyes: we know he'd be back. He's pretty much dead though. I suspect this flick will be how/if they can get him out of Davy's Jones grasp. :D

I was really really tempted to click on that link, but i'm holding off for the real trailer tomorrow night in delicious QT and oh yeah, IN ENGLISH. Really excited. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
03-18-2007, 11:27 PM
the trailer got pulled from youtube...what a surprise.

General_Grievous
03-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Would I be correct in guessing that the trailer will be shown at the end of "Dancing With The Stars"? The show is two hours, and I don't feel like sitting through all that crap.

Yahoo's got a clip from the movie featuring Jack and Barbossa.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html

:thumbsup:

The bickering between Jack and Barbossa reminded me of that Budweiser Super Bowl commercial from a few years back. Watch the "Pirates" clip first and then this and you'll know what I mean. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_jN3zafTY

General_Grievous
03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, the trailer aired on abc about ten minutes ago.

ONE BIG :thumbsup:

The best part was the aforementioned Jack vs. Davy Jones duel, and there was a funny part with Jack and Elizabeth. Elizabeth says "It would have never worked between us", to which Jack replies "Keep telling yourself that, luv." :p

May 25th can't come soon enough!

jonthejedi
03-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Awesome trailer...didn't leave much to the imagination.Looks to be ILM's best work on Pirates, yet! Glad Disney is keeping Keith Richards under wraps.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Awesome trailer...didn't leave much to the imagination.Looks to be ILM's best work on Pirates, yet! Glad Disney is keeping Keith Richards under wraps.

If you, uh, want a pic of Keith, send me a pm. hehehehe:thumbsup:

MARVELOUS trailer. It looks like an all out war and i couldn't be happier and i'm VERY excited. That fight between davey jones and Sparrow looks AWESOME and i'm loving these water scenes.

Yahoo has the trailer up here (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html;_ylt=Ali2hEe DDIiDDy5tnT44QPhfVXcA)

and also, i caught a really cool screen grab from the trailer. It looks like a version of Jack that resembles that stone/wood guy in the wall during DMC. I'm assuming this part of his underworld punishment. Creepy.

All in all, this looks like a great end to the trilogy!! very excited!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
03-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Oh the trailer looked amazing. can't wait till May 25 to see the end battle between the pirates and the new world. looks to be a great flick, I'm sure my wife and I will be at a midnight showing or in line on the 25th.

UKWildcat
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I thought the trailer looked pretty good too. I wasn't a fan of the 2nd movie but the 3rd looks like it is going to be much better. Even with that said, I'll still, more than likely, wait to see it on dvd.

General_Grievous
03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
and also, i caught a really cool screen grab from the trailer. It looks like a version of Jack that resembles that stone/wood guy in the wall during DMC. I'm assuming this part of his underworld punishment. Creepy.

That does look cool, but I think his underworld punishment is in the desert, or "at world's end". From that screencap of Jack, it looks like Davy Jones' handiwork.

BTW, why does Will ask Elizabeth to marry him when they were already going to be married in the beginning of the second film?

I also overlooked another great quote.

Barbossa: The pirate lords from the four corners of the earth must stand together. There's not been a gathering like this in our lifetime.

Jack: And I owe them all money.
:D

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 06:17 PM
This movie looks pretty good. Like a cupacake to a fat kid good.

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Like a cupacake to a fat kid good.

You had to bring me up didnt you?

This movie does look great...this and spidey 3 should be the biggest movies of the summer.

General_Grievous
04-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Some new footage here. I'm lovin' it so far. Chow Yun Fat is the man.
http://nutria.msn.no/specials/pirates3/klipp.aspx?vis=1

jjreason
04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw the trailer on the official movie site last week and must concur - it looks like it's going to be awesome! I'm more looking forward to Pirates 3 than I am Spidey 3 - talk about trailers giving me TOTALLY opposite feelings about upcoming movies...

Rocketboy
04-17-2007, 07:04 PM
AWE looks so much better than DMC, but I'm still looking forward to Spidey 3 a little more.
But this summer will be a definite bloodbath between the two movies.

General_Grievous
04-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Personally I think Harry Potter will win the summer, at least on a worldwide basis, judging from the box office gross of the last one (Goblet of Fire even beat out Revenge of the Sith's worldwide gross). Plus it's opening July 13th. Kids are off from school that Friday, which will boost it's opening day profits by a lot. So it may have a bigger opening weekend than the other two.

JimJamBonds
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Looks great to me!

General_Grievous
04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Here's a short featurette.

http://www.totaleclips.com/Player/Bounce.aspx?eclipid=b10075&bitrateid=341&vendorid=782

BTW, it says the release date is May 23rd because this is from a French site. For a second, I thought they had pushed the release date up, but it's still the 25th in the US.

TeeEye7
04-27-2007, 03:22 AM
All these posts and not a single

:Pirate:

What's wrong with all of you?

General_Grievous
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I just bought a ticket to an 8:00 show on May 24th. Check your theaters, guys. There are shows that are earlier than midnight.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I just bought a ticket to an 8:00 show on May 24th. Check your theaters, guys. There are shows that are earlier than midnight.

Probably because the movie is 2 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES LONG! One of my complaints about POTC 2 is the length and how it kind of dragged in places. I REALLY hope this doesn't happen with POTC 3.

I go home tomorrow for the summer, so i'm going to start looking into the earlier showings. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Something was brought up in the "Curse of the Black Pearl" thread that I wanted to mention here before I forget.

You guys might want to stay after the credits. Since they included scenes after the credits in the first two movies, there's no reason to believe they won't do it now.

UPDATE: I found this on the Superhero Hype forums. There definitely will be a scene after the credits.

Stay to the very, very end. For the first time, the post-credits sting is not a joke...

Kidhuman
05-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I got tickets for the 8:50 show tonight. I cant wait to see this one.

joshephe
05-24-2007, 11:06 PM
This movie is one excellent movie. I just got back from seeing it. I hope it can take back the record for the pirates.

Rocketboy
05-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Much better than DMC, but still not nearly as good as COTBP.

Kidhuman
05-24-2007, 11:33 PM
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD: HIGHLIGHT TO SEE::

What an incredible movie. I loved it. Better than DMC. On par with COTBP.

Cho Yun Fat was great as was the entire cast. The scene with Jack in the locker was way trippy, especially the goat.

I loved the end battle. Geoffery Rush was awesome. I love Barbosa. The scene in which he married Will and Elizabeth was great. I was shocked at the end, I didnt know who was going to stab the heart. Jack, Bootstrap, Liz or Will. I cant wait to see this again.

END SPOILERS

Make sure you stay after the credits.

General_Grievous
05-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Before I begin, I want to say:

STAY UNTIL AFTER THE CREDITS!!!!

Now that that's over with,

SPOILERS AHEAD....

...Don't say I didn't warn you...

This was an awesome movie. The movie we've been on the edge of our seat for since last summer. A great ending to a trilogy. The stakees are raised, the villains get theirs, and the hero gets the girl (sort of...no, wait, he did get the girl). There were a lot of negative reviews from critics because they thought it was too "confusing". Come on, it wasn't a David Lynch film. A ten year old could understand this. However, my only complaint was that it was a tad too long.

Johnny Depp was once again terrific as Jack Sparrow, but it was great seeing Geoffrey Rush back as Barbossa. He really stole the movie at some points (particularly when he married Will and Elizabeth). Chow Yun Fat was good in the film, even though he had a smaller role than I thought he would. Keira Knightley...:love:Holy crap, Will got lucky at the end (literally). Speaking of him, Orlando Bloom much improved his acting in this one. Bill Nighy was good as Davy Jones once again. I loved that we actually saw Bill this time as Davy's human form. That was a neat little touch that I was hoping to see. But I think the one who took the cake was Keith Richards as Jack's dad, Captain Teague. That was one of the best cameos in a movie. Ever. He even played a friggin' guitar! How awesome is that?!! Plus, I loved Jack seeing his "mother" again.:p Another cool thing was we saw the bumbling redcoats from the first movie again! I loved that they became pirates.

The whole "Tia Dalma is Calypso" twist was predictable. What wasn't predictable was that it would turn into "Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman". That was weird. What was also weird (though funny) was Jack slipping deeper into insanity due to his time in Davy Jones' Locker. I loved the multiple personalities, especially the "cursed" one on the Flying Dutchman. "Have you seen my brain?" :D Also the peanut bit at the beginning was hilarious. Also, it should be noted that they added in actual sound effects from the ride ("Dead men tell no tales", etc) during the Davy Jones' Locker scene, so keep your ears open.

Another thing about the film was that it was really dark for a Disney film. A kid is hanged in the beginning, a woman is shot in the head, and who can forget the death of Beckett's right-hand man, when Davy Jones practically sucked his face off? Yeah, real family entertainment. :lipsrsealed: Plus, let's not forget the implied sex scene at the end. (FYI, some guy in the theater actually yelled out "I'm pitching a tent". I kid you not. lol )

There were less funny parts in this film, but everyone in the theater was roaring with laughter when the Indian Pirate Lord spoke. And everyone loved Jack the monkey, Pintel and Ragetti, of course.

The final battle was great. The duel between Jack and Davy was cool, but of course, it led to Jack running away from him. I guess that's what he does, though. Otherwise he wouldn't be Captain Jack Sparrow. And everyone cheered when Beckett met his end. That s.o.b had it coming.

The end was interesting. I was actually hoping Jack would become captain of the Flying Dutchman, especially since he didn't get the Pearl at the end anyway. I would have preferred Jack becoming the Dutchman captain while Will and Elizabeth lived a normal life. Even though in a sense it was a happily ever after for them, it's still kind of bittersweet, even though the after-credits "ten years later" scene was in a lighter mood. But thinking further on it, Will is immortal. Even though Elizabeth will die, he'll still be able to see his son, his grandchildren, and so on and so forth. But Will and Elizabeth's story had nice closure. Jack's story is a different story.

If they choose to make more "Pirates" movies, I think that everyone but Will and Elizabeth should return. Their story is over. The end of this set up another story for Jack. Whether or not they'll make another movie remains to be seen, but I'd see it. I'd love to see Jack, Barbossa and the rest on the quest for the fountain of youth. Plus, I'd love to see Jack get the Pearl back..again.

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up, because this post is getting to Tycho lengths, so I'll finish it by saying don't let critics dissuade you, this movie was awesome. Directly on par with the first two. I actually would consider "Dead Man's Chest" and "At World's End" to be one long movie. But you'll have fun at this movie, trust me. It was a great end to a great trilogy.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-25-2007, 12:53 AM
I won't get into much detail, but a very awesome and incredible movie. I enjoyed it more than DMC, but now that the flicks are done, it kind of improves on DMC for me. Also, I think that I didn't like DMC at first as the film is 2 1/2 hours long and I was at a midnight showing and just getting really tired. Each time I watch DMC now, i enjoy it. Anywya, lots of great action sequences with a huge surprise ending I didn't see coming. The last battle between the Pearl and the Dutchman was crazy awesome and I loved the random bits with the monkey. The scene with Tia was really off the wall, but i like how they ended it. The cameo with Keith Richards was great and Jack's trippy scenes were pretty enjoyable, if not downright zany. I really enjoyed this flick. Great conclusion to the trilogy! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
05-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Yes, Mr. Richards cameo was superb. I loved it, especially showing Jack his Mum.

If they choose to make more "Pirates" movies, I think that everyone but Will and Elizabeth should return. Their story is over. The end of this set up another story for Jack. Whether or not they'll make another movie remains to be seen, but I'd see it. I'd love to see Jack, Barbossa and the rest on the quest for the fountain of youth. Plus, I'd love to see Jack get the Pearl back..again.

I hope they dont do another one. It wouldnt be the same without Will. They can still put Elizabeth in a new movie, but a limited role because of her kid. Dont get me wronmg, I would love to see Captain Funtime Jack and Barbosa hunt for the foutnain of youth, but not at the expense of losing two great characters.

General_Grievous
05-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I just found this on another forum. Spoilers, of course.

Actually if you wait until the end of the credits you'll see an extra scene with Will, Elizabeth, and Will Jr. and then there's a greenflash symbolizing that Will's curse has been lifted. You see (I just realized this recently) the whole thing with the curse is that if Dutchman Captain (Will) has a true love (Elizabeth) that stays faithful to him for 10 yrs then he is free. So after those ten years Will can now come home to stay. It makes you feel better about the ending doesn't it?

This puts the end in a whole different perspective for me. And if it's true, it provides even more closure to the Will/Elizabeth storyline.

Kidhuman
05-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I dont think thats true because they said he can come ashore once every ten years. The light would have meant he came back from teh dead for that one day.

Tycho
05-25-2007, 09:31 PM
The movie was great. I have to ponder what General Grievous posted about "after 10 years, the curse is lifted." I also thought Will had a daughter with Elizabeth. But perhaps it was just a 10 year old boy with long hair?

What I can't get over is :love: :love: :love: Kierra Knightley's legs!!!:love: :love: :love: Those close-up shots were ummm....that was in a DISNEY film? I was quite, uh, MOVED by the magic of the moments in those scenes - especially the last one. I remember that before I remember the fight in the whirlpool scene!

Earlier today, a guy at Toys R Us told me that Kierra Knightley and Natalie Portman are cousins on their grandmother's side and that is why they look so much alike. Is this true? When Elizabeth became "the Pirate King Queen" she looked like she walked straight out of the Queen's Palace in Theed! I swear there could have been Battle Droids on STAPs chasing her on the Pearl through the malestorm.

Anyway, Natalie Portman is not the actresses real name. Perhaps "Kierra Knightley" is not her birth name either. I think she might respond to "Sexy Babe!" They both could. But Kierra Knightley! :love: :love: :love:

OK, now what else about this movie? Oh: Jack's moments of schizophrenia. While mildly amusing, my theater was cold and I didn't want to leave it to go pee. So I really had a low tolerance for Jack's antics and the Tia Dalma thing being way over the top. From that standpoint, this was the worst of the 3 films and I was like "just get on with it!" I was quite impatient with the crabs and Pearl in purgatory in Davy Jones' locker, but it paid off seeing all of them carrying the ship over land and back to the ocean with Jack chasing it.

That was crazy that they had to rock the ship over upside down! There were things like that in the movie that were just insane! AWE stands out from COTBP and DMC in that neither previous movie would lead you to believe this movie would go so far overboard. That didn't help it fit in with the trilogy if you ask me.

Hans Zimmer's score is perfect! The main title theme is playing in my head so many times over that I'm going to have to buy the soundtrack. Remember, it's not been a week since I saw ANY of these movies for my first time.

I'm going to stop here, for the moment, as this is a discussion not a book. Besides, every time I try to think about the movie, I think about Kierra Knightley's legs! :love: :love: :love:

General_Grievous
05-25-2007, 09:53 PM
You know, Keira Knightley's legs turned me on too. I'm not ashamed to admit it. :D

Rocketboy
05-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Earlier today, a guy at Toys R Us told me that Kierra Knightley and Natalie Portman are cousins on their grandmother's side and that is why they look so much alike. Is this true? Totally true. Also, did you hear Lucas is writing Star Wars 7-9 and he's getting Spielberg to direct 'em?

Tycho
05-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Totally true. Also, did you hear Lucas is writing Star Wars 7-9 and he's getting Spielberg to direct 'em?

No I didn't hear that. But did you know that Noah's Flood created the Grand Canyon? The National Park Service has a federally funded book that produces the evidence!

General_Grievous
05-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I dont think thats true because they said he can come ashore once every ten years. The light would have meant he came back from teh dead for that one day.

Well, here's another piece of evidence I found on imdb.

After 10 years, wouldn't will be able to stay on land and leave Davy Jones' job, considering his love was real?

If you actually pay attention to the movie when they explain the whole green flash thing. You will realize it only happens when a soul returns from the locker. The other times when we see the Dutchman return THERE IS NO GREEN FLASH. The last scene shows a green flash as Will comes back, meaning that his soul has returned to the land of the living and he's free of his debt too the Dutchman.

It's starting to convince me now.

Tycho
05-27-2007, 06:43 AM
I have 2 more free tickets to see it courtesy of Toys R Us and all the POTC3 figures I bought for use in SW scenes (basically everyone except Capt. Jack and Norrigton, I think).

2-1B
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM

It wasn't...it was longer.

It was alright, but they could have stopped making these after the first one.

What happened after the credits? I figured something would happen but I wasn't dying to see what happened.

General_Grievous
05-29-2007, 07:40 PM
What happened after the credits? I figured something would happen but I wasn't dying to see what happened.

After the credits, it's ten years later and you see Elizabeth Swann and her son waiting for Will to come ashore. There is a green flash, and Will emerges from the sea on the Flying Dutchman, ready to see his family.

Apparently, Will is there to stay, as the curse of the Dutchman is broken if your true love waits for you to return. This is known from an interview with the writers of the film. The scene that explained this was deleted from the film.

DarkArtist
05-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I caught this movie on Sunday and have to say, I thought it was really good. I think there are only a few things that I would have changed in the film though:

1.) when Davy Jones' heart is stabbed I think they should have turned him back into a human

2.) like the first two movies, I would have liked to see them start with young ELizabeth Swan singing "Yo Ho A Pirates' Life for Me"

3.) when Will becomes the new master of the Flying Dutchman I would have loved to see him turned into some kind of creature, (was not of fan of Will Turner and thought it would be cool to see him with a sea creatures head or something)

Tycho
05-29-2007, 08:32 PM
(was not of fan of Will Turner and thought it would be cool to see him with a sea creatures head or something)

Well he was kind of a sea fish through all 3 films: a swordfish of course :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
After the credits, it's ten years later and you see Elizabeth Swann and her son waiting for Will to come ashore. There is a green flash, and Will emerges from the sea on the Flying Dutchman, ready to see his family.

Apparently, Will is there to stay, as the curse of the Dutchman is broken if your true love waits for you to return. This is known from an interview with the writers of the film. The scene that explained this was deleted from the film.

Even though the writers are chatting about this, I still think it was an angle that wasn't used in the film for a reason. If the green flash means he was returning to the land of the living for his one day on land, it does NOT signify he was there for good. If you can show me a scoop of dialogue from the film that EXACTLY chats about this issue, i'll be convinced. Until then, i'm still sticking by the notion he can only return for a day cos I don't remember hearing ANYTHING about this "true love" sorta stuff.

Kidhuman
05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I hear ya JMG, thats what I think, it was the one day. But there isnt nothing saying he cant help Jack out at sea if they make anohter or Liz cant go out to sea either.

JimJamBonds
06-02-2007, 10:21 AM

It wasn't...it was longer.

And more painfull!

It was alright, but they could have stopped making these after the first one.

True dat!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but anybody else notice that Keith Richards didn't have much in the way of makeup on? :D His stuff could have been axed for sure along with "Tiny Jack."

jedibear
06-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Finally got around to seeing this...felt compelled after sitting through the others.

Besides it having beautiful production values and some of ILM's best work, I thought it was a colossal bore. I couldn't even muster the will to make it through the credits to see those other scenes.

And without spoiling anything for those who may want to see this...I was most put out by the obvious scenes leaving it open for even more of these movies, instead of really wrapping it up and finishing it all off.

The first one was fun, the second one tedious and this one...well, stick a fork in it...it's done. That's enough for me anyway...

JimJamBonds
06-03-2007, 11:08 PM
The first one was fun, the second one tedious and this one...well, stick a fork in it...it's done. That's enough for me anyway...

Throw enough sheckles at those humps and they will be back for a 4th.

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I saw this on Saturday, thought it was pretty good. It demands you've seen the first 2 and remember them well, but I think that's ok. They tack on some new stuff to secondary characters which bloats the plot a little, but it does help them tie up the story overall. I didn't find it anywhere near as confusing as all the reviews had said. I was shocked by some of the material here though, hanging children, upskirt gag, Capt Kirk boot-pull-on & leg fetish scene - parents in the theater didn't seem to give a care though.

Apparently, Will is there to stay, as the curse of the Dutchman is broken if your true love waits for you to return. This is known from an interview with the writers of the film. The scene that explained this was deleted from the film.They shouldn't have deleted that scene then, the after-credits scene wasn't as rewarding as it should have been because of that.

3.) when Will becomes the new master of the Flying Dutchman I would have loved to see him turned into some kind of creature, (was not of fan of Will Turner and thought it would be cool to see him with a sea creatures head or something)Davy Jones is only a creature because he abandoned his duty of ferrying souls who died at sea to the afterlife, same with his crew and his ship. As long as Will doesn't shirk that duty, he and the crew stay normal.

Tycho
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
The scene before Will has to leave land, when he and Elizabeth were on the beach, was sexy as anything and very suggestive of something the autocensor is probably not programmed to screen out, but I don't need to post it anyway. You get the idea of exactly what I'm talking about. But with Kiera Knightley, uh - :love:

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
The leg fetish scene following the Capt Kirk boot pull-on? That was a bit much, but so was the upskirt joke with Ragetti, and the hanging of a child at the beginning.

General_Grievous
06-05-2007, 12:00 AM
The leg fetish scene following the Capt Kirk boot pull-on? That was a bit much, but so was the upskirt joke with Ragetti, and the hanging of a child at the beginning.

What about the Chinese girl getting shot in the head at the beginning or Davy Jones practically sucking the guy's face off with his tentacles? Those were much more graphic.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 12:07 AM
The gal getting shot was no big deal for this series, Pintel shot a woman in the head in POTC1 early in the film when they were raiding Port Royale.

Davy Jones breaking that guy's head was a bit much.

Tycho
06-05-2007, 02:47 AM
I came away from the movie only remembering Kiera Knightley's legs. Typical.

JimJamBonds
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I came away from the movie only remembering Kiera Knightley's legs. Typical.

I'd suggest watching Domino that way you can remember a different part of Keira. :D

Tycho
06-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Really? That just got me thinking...

2-1B
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
As bad as Domino was...I'd rather watch it again before watching Dead Man's Chest or At World's End.

Tycho
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
I saw At World's End again in the theater today (I used my free tickets and went with a friend). I enjoyed it even more the second time.

I still love Kiera Knightley in this movie. Especially her legs. :love: I enjoyed the antics during the whirlpool fight more this time as it wasn't so scary since I knew the Black Pearl wouldn't sink.

And this time around Johnny Depp was more entertaining. Overall it was a great movie - still they get progressively worse in comparison to each other - the first POTC being the best one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
DVD is due out December 4th. Here is info from DVDActive.com:

Disney has announced single ($29.99) and 2-disc ($34.99) editions of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End which stars Johnny Depp. Each will be available to own from the 4th December. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. The only extra material on the single-disc will be an audio commentary, and a blooper reel. The two-disc edition should include that too (although the commentary track isn't listed for some reason), along with an Anatomy of a Scene: The Maelstrom, a Keith & the Captain featurette on the cameo by Keith Richards, a Tale of the Multiple Jacks featurette, a Hoist the Colors featurette, a Masters of Design five part documentary (Jim Byrkit and The Map, Crash McCreary and the Krusty Pirates, Rick Heinrichs and the Singapore Set, Penny Rose and the Captain Teague Costumes, and Chris Peck and the Pirate Code Book), and an Inside the Brethren Court feature that takes a closer look at the legendary Pirate Lords. Completing the package will be The Pirate Code: Revealed feature, a World of Chow Yun Fat feature that looks at sensation Chow Yun Fat's rise to fame, and another featurette on the music of Hans Zimmer.

Also available from the 4th December will be a Blu-ray release of the film. The Blu-ray Disc includes a high-definition presentation, along with 7.1 Surround. Extras wise the Blu-ray version will include all of the standard DVD bonus content re-mastered in high-definition, plus exclusive BD-Java enhanced features including "Enter the Maelstrom," an extensive interactive look at the climactic sequence of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and the return of the Jolly Roger host, who navigates users through animated menus with state-of-the-art BD-Java enabled artificial intelligence. This scurvy scallywag entertainingly guides you through the pirate waters of your Blu-ray experience, responding to your actions (and your inactions) with humorous commentary. Retail will be $35.99. Stay tuned for the official package artwork.

Jargo
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
the blu-ray version sounds chuffing awful to be honest. humorrous commentary invariably means dire and irritating and unfunny and cringeworthy.

JimJamBonds
07-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Yuck I won't be buying that.

JediTricks
08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, I was considering buying POTC2 on DVD soon, now I'm thinking I'll just stick with the first film rather than spend a ton on the sequels that I don't really even feel a jonesing for. Pricey discs and lame options. I'm glad I'm not a blu-ray owner as well, yeesh does that one look weak.

General_Grievous
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I think I found a rough draft of the DVD artwork. At least I hope it's a rough copy.

2-1B
08-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Not as rough as the film was.