PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Commtech
10-11-2007, 01:27 AM
More Darktroopers coming home!!! Thanks Fig!!!

K M Toydarian
10-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Arrgh.. Missed out on Darktrooper! I've had that site open and refreshing so many times a day too, and miss it by minutes! Thanks for the heads up that they were there hough. Time to step up the refresh!:D
Oh well. If the Pit droids last, I'll get a couple, but hopefully when more figs are added to make it worthwhile,

Found a lone Pit Droid(beige) and CZ-4 today at Wal-Mart Porter Ranch, amid a lot of Legends and various TAC including 1 Roron and a couple Salacious 3pos. When wave 5 hits en mass those should be plentiful.

Got wave 5 from EE so I am set with those though.

gambitguru
10-11-2007, 02:17 AM
went to walmart fallbrook. nothing new SW. they had a lot of TF deluxes. mostly all the figs minus the bumblee bee

went to target fallbrook. the one in back of walmart. nothing new SW. they had 4 barricades and couple other deluxes minus the bumble bee

TRU topanga nothing. waste of time

figrin bran
10-11-2007, 02:21 AM
No problem, I'm glad I could help out some of you guys. Usually I refresh HTS like crazy whenever I'm online but this time, I just got home, turned on the computer and was surprised to see Roron and Revan in stock.

K M Toydarian
10-11-2007, 07:09 AM
McSnowy up on HTS right now. Ordered 5, but was only able to order 2 pit droids. Interesting limits.
Used the 25fall code. Thanks for all the tips. Han torture also up but that seems it for newer stuff. Things will probably trickle onto the site now.

Kidhuman
10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
McVader and Revan are both listed as coming soon, they might pop up. I got the McSnowy's I needed. Thanks fellas.

stillakid
10-11-2007, 09:18 AM
No Snowies left (of course). I also order Biker Scouts but it limited me to 2 per order, so I had to make multiple orders to get the four I wanted. Did they limit the Snowies to 2 per order also?

Kidhuman
10-11-2007, 10:00 AM
McSnowy up on HTS right now. Ordered 5, but was only able to order 2 pit droids. QUOTE]

[QUOTE=stillakid;575250]No Snowies left (of course). Did they limit the Snowies to 2 per order also?

Nope as you can see here

aeneas89
10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
[quote=Kidhuman;575257][quote=K M Toydarian;575229]McSnowy up on HTS right now. Ordered 5, but was only able to order 2 pit droids. QUOTE]

darktrooper still up

Cataclizm1
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Picked up R4-I9 and TC-14 at Target this morning for my droid army. Also I wanna give a phat shout-out to my homie Commtech for picking up wave 3 of the GI JOE 25th for me at KB! You rock braddah!

BlueSnags
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
McSnowy up on HTS right now. Ordered 5, but was only able to order 2 pit droids. Interesting limits.

Not limiting the McSnowtrooper makes about as much sense as putting this stuff on sale at 3AM. HTS must be operated by a bunch of village idiots. But they're located in Harrisburg, PA - so I'm not surprised.

-Snags

toonimator
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
McSnowie's back to Coming Soon, so more on the way.

Walked into Burbank Target around 8:30 (after navigating around all the blocked areas of the Empire Center... what a pain, and naturally no signs to warn people where to go) and found CZ-4 on the front of the pegs! Also picked up the Holiday Fett still there for a gift.

CrunchyNug
10-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I got the last 3 UGH's I needed this morning at Target...

McStormie
Luke
Han

Slept through all the HTS nonsense!!!:upset:

JodyB
10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
McSnowie's back to Coming Soon, so more on the way.

Walked into Burbank Target around 8:30 (after navigating around all the blocked areas of the Empire Center... what a pain, and naturally no signs to warn people where to go) and found CZ-4 on the front of the pegs! Also picked up the Holiday Fett still there for a gift.

Wow... it made it to 8:30,I left the CZ-4 up there... grabbed the UGH Luke, Han, and McTrooper... also grabbed the McVader...

BlueSnags
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
HTS - Saga Legends Biker Scout is up. Just grabbed 2.

Also, the free gift has been changed from VTAC Endor Leia to VTAC IG-88.

-Snags

Commtech
10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
HTS - Saga Legends Biker Scout is up. Just grabbed 2.

-Snags

Thanks Snags!

K M Toydarian
10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Not limiting the McSnowtrooper makes about as much sense as putting this stuff on sale at 3AM. HTS must be operated by a bunch of village idiots. But they're located in Harrisburg, PA - so I'm not surprised.

-Snags
I couldn't believe there was no limit on McSnowtrooper either. But I ordered all I will want so I can be done with that wave. I also got one Han Torture and 2 4-LOM. I had forgot about 4-LOM when I posted. He is still there but not under TAC figures section. You have to search him.
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ID=20449
I immediately cancelled my wave 6 case from EE. I am sure I'll find Lando and General McQuarrie in a store.

Jango Speck
10-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Hasbrotoyshop appears to be down- can't access any pages there.

Just did the Santa Clarita loop- found a Darktrooper, CZ4, Blue AOTC clones and Non-UGH McChewie. Lots of new "Cars" cars though.

Got my wave 6 case from NFC this morning.

Commtech
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Hasbrotoyshop appears to be down- can't access any pages there.

J

It's back, but my bookmarked links don't work now. Gotta re-bookmark everything again!

Jango Speck
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I've got some figures for sale:

Lando
Han Torture Chair
McRalph Mcquarrie
4-LOM
Stormtrooper

gambitguru
10-11-2007, 06:20 PM
went to target today. i stashed a animated boba and cz4. pm for details.

figs for sale/trade i got a mcchewie gold coin but the plastic is a little bit crush. if anybody need him lmk.

JT you have a pm

BlueSnags
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Darktrooper back up on HTS

-Snags

Turbowars
10-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Darktrooper back up on HTS

-SnagsDamn Code wont work!:mad:

Jango Speck
10-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Torture Han is available at HTS.

CrunchyNug
10-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Damn Code wont work!:mad:

I just used it earlier today and it worked fine for me. Have you used it before? Maybe it's keeping track of you, and will only allow you to use it once?

Jango Speck
10-12-2007, 01:36 AM
The code is 25FALL, not FALL25- just checking because some guys on another forum got it confused. ALL-CAPS is also necessary I believe. The code worked for me earlier today.

orionlukteel
10-12-2007, 01:48 AM
The code is 25FALL, not FALL25- just checking because some guys on another forum got it confused. ALL-CAPS is also necessary I believe. The code worked for me earlier today.

It's apparently not case sensitive, as I used 25fall and still got the deal. If it actually goes through I'll have a sweet deal per figure! And it worked for me tonight as well.

stillakid
10-12-2007, 02:09 AM
It's apparently not case sensitive, as I used 25fall and still got the deal. If it actually goes through I'll have a sweet deal per figure! And it worked for me tonight as well.

I entered the code in a vending machine and it delivered the candy bar to me for FREE!

gambitguru
10-12-2007, 02:14 AM
turbowars you have a pm

Commtech
10-12-2007, 02:18 AM
I entered the code in a vending machine and it delivered the candy bar to me for FREE!

Yep, that code is magical and miraculous! It saved an african nation from hunger once.
On another note... guys: I'm also looking for DC Cyborg Superman from the same series as the Clayface figure. If you find them, please stash!! Thanks.

stillakid
10-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Yep, that code is magical and miraculous! It saved an african nation from hunger once.

Yes, but over there you can feed a family of 127 for only .13 cents a day.

aeneas89
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Yoda on kybuck and Torture Han up on HTS...

Commtech
10-12-2007, 12:14 PM
A big thanks to Jody for hooking me up with some UGHs!!:)

Cataclizm1
10-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Today I finally got my SWTF Darth Vader/Deathstar in the mail. I don't think I've ever cussed as much in my life ...as I just did while trying to transform Vader to the Deathstar. But once you do it, the thing is solid like a friggin rock! I love EVERY thing about this toy!

Jango Speck
10-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Here's an interesting scalper story that is not about toys. Worth reading just to know that nothing is safe from price gouging.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/12/montana.tickets/index.html

AussieScott
10-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Here's an interesting scalper story that is not about toys. Worth reading just to know that nothing is safe from price gouging.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/12/montana.tickets/index.html

This is just tragic... as a nation of sport lovers, we've had laws against ticket scalping for decades, well before anyone had heard of the internet... some of my children's happiest moments have been at Hi-5 concerts and the like, you have to be quick to get tickets but at least you have a fair chance.

K M Toydarian
10-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Roron Corob, Han Torture, Kybuck back on HTS withing the last hour...

Picked up 2 IG-88's for 1.64 at NOHO Target Wed. Gonna put em on some extra Durge speeder bikes ala Clone Wars.

Also noticed HTS has Blue and Red legends clones listed separately now as coming soon.

Jango Speck
10-13-2007, 01:27 AM
Guys, I'll be returning my Ralph McQuarrie, 4LOM and Yoda Kybuck back to Walmart if no one wants to take them off of my hands. I also have an extra Lando and Torture Han.

EDIT: I also have a couple extra Jawas.

JediTricks
10-13-2007, 03:51 AM

-SnagsAAAAARRRGH!! That sucks SOOOO bad! Gee, which would I rather have gotten free, Giraffe Barbie or Killer Droid? Friggin' damn does that suck that I ended up with Leia.

Today I finally got my SWTF Darth Vader/Deathstar in the mail. I don't think I've ever cussed as much in my life ...as I just did while trying to transform Vader to the Deathstar. But once you do it, the thing is solid like a friggin rock! I love EVERY thing about this toy!The first time is definitely frustrating, I tried to just do it freestyle, but it works better if you get all the stupid panels in the order they suggest, one begets another begets another - there are some you can futz with but others that require being locked down. Another thing I screwed up bad was the hips, I didn't get them pushed that last click beyond 90 degrees and it kept everything from lining up. I must admit, I gave it a few curses when messing with it.

The TIE wings being on the wrong orientation has limited my interest in those things, I haven't taken them back out.

gambitguru
10-13-2007, 01:53 PM
stashed a 2 pack bumble bee. 2 days ago. hopefully it is still there. pm me for details

figrin bran
10-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I stashed a Target Bumblebee 2 pack as well at La Brea Target. PM me if you want it.

Commtech
10-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Today I heard the that the Target excl. Bumblebee 2 pack will go on sale for $15.99 either tomorrow or this tuesday. Save your receipts!

Jango Speck
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Just got back from Porter Ranch. I grabbed a McSnowie stash, but the coin was missing. All figures from that wave were hanging on the pegs with missing coins. Hit TRU and found four dirty sandtroopers. Also found the red battle droids.

They had lots of those Geonosis Battle scenes- but damn if those figures aren't the ugliest! That buffed out Padme is terrible.

darkagent
10-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Do any of you guys need any Wave 6 figures (except McSnowtrooper)? I had a brain fart and double ordered cases from NFC.

Jango Speck
10-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Do any of you guys need any Wave 6 figures (except McSnowtrooper)? I had a brain fart and double ordered cases from NFC.

The line starts behind me...I'm trying to sell my wave 6 extras as well. Looks like every case from NFC from now on will have a lot of doubles.

Cataclizm1
10-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Wave 6 is just these guys right?
30-38: Han Solo (with Torture Rack) (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC38HanSolo.asp)
30-39: Lando Calrissian (Smuggler Outfit) (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC39Lando.asp)
30-40: General McQuarrie (Rebel Officer) (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC40McQuarrie.asp)
30-41: 4-LOM (Bounty Hunter) (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC414LOM.asp)
30-42: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Snowtrooper (http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC42McSnowtrooper.asp)
If so the only one I might still want is Han but I can wait till I find him.

lol I just noticed if you go to Han's page in the link there is a movie at the bottom that lets you torture Han.

gambitguru
10-14-2007, 01:38 AM
went to walmart fallbrook. had a bunch of wave 6 figs.

lando in outfitx2
r2d2 gold coin
mace goild coin
cz4
4lom
animated boba
genreal mcQ
torture han
these were all on the pegs when i got there. no mcsnowies though. still havent seen mcsnowies at retail

also i got gold coin han and luke for sale as well, if not im going to return.

K M Toydarian
10-14-2007, 01:55 AM
went to walmart fallbrook. had a bunch of wave 6 figs.

lando in outfitx2
r2d2 gold coin
mace goild coin
cz4
4lom
animated boba
genreal mcQ
torture han
these were all on the pegs when i got there. no mcsnowies though. still havent seen mcsnowies at retail

also i got gold coin han and luke for sale as well, if not im going to return.

Figures. I was out that way Thursday night and nothing new. That store has a ton of older TSC figures though. At least 50 of various characters on the pegs.

Commtech
10-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Target excl. Bumble Bee 2 pack is on sale today at $15.99. I got my price adjustment for the ones I had bought and got $4.33 back for each pack.:thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
10-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Target Redondo beach South Bay galleria had a bunch of Bumblebee two packs on the end-cap. Nothing new on the SW front...

K M Toydarian
10-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Found a red AOTC clone and beige pit droids legends at the new Granada Hills Target (opened Wed). There was also the Vader/Death Star Transformer and a repackaged Falcon Transformer. The later was in a different, smaller box and in vehicle mode and looked much cooler.
Met a fellow collector there who mentioned RS and chatted for a bit. Nice guy.

Turbowars
10-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi Guys, If anyone can help me out with some of this stuff I'd be grateful

As of now I still need a
few MC Snowy's, I still have ZERO to date and it's killing me!!
1 Starkiller
2 Orange Sandtrooper
2 Clean White Sandtrooper
1 Red Yellow clones
2 Ugh Mc Fett
2 Ugh Mc trooper
1 Ugh Luke
1 Ugh Han
1 Ugh Vader
1 Ugh Wedge

Jango Speck
10-15-2007, 12:50 AM
If anyone makes a WalMart run to Santa Clarita this week, let us know how the traffic is. That huge truck crash/tunnel fire happened right where the 5/14 meet, so getting to any of those stores is going to be a pain for a few days.

K M Toydarian
10-15-2007, 01:30 AM
If anyone makes a WalMart run to Santa Clarita this week, let us know how the traffic is. That huge truck crash/tunnel fire happened right where the 5/14 meet, so getting to any of those stores is going to be a pain for a few days.

Saw some coverage on the news tonight anout that crash. I really wanted to make a run to the 24hr Wal-Mart last week, but couldn't, then the rain, now the closure. They had their Vader/Obiiwan transformer sets on clearance and I was going to finally bite. Could be a few days before it's worth it to even attempt to go up there.

Jango Speck
10-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Saw some coverage on the news tonight anout that crash. I really wanted to make a run to the 24hr Wal-Mart last week, but couldn't, then the rain, now the closure. They had their Vader/Obiiwan transformer sets on clearance and I was going to finally bite. Could be a few days before it's worth it to even attempt to go up there.

I hit all of those stores on Thursday and Friday mornings- found a Concept Chewie, and a Darktrooper and some other random Legends goodies. If I could have those few hours back, I would've skipped and waited until the weekend, which would have been a nightmare. I have yet to see any UGH's on the pegs.

BTW, in addition to my wave 6 extras, I still have plenty of carded Stormies and a couple of carded Jawas if anyone is interested. If anyone has an extra Target receipt with regular TAC figure purchases, I desperately want to return a bunch of figures that were case extras- and don't have any valid receipts since Target has sucked for the last few months.

Kidhuman
10-15-2007, 06:54 AM
As of now I still need
2 Ugh Mc Fett
2 Ugh Mc trooper

I have 1 UGH Fett and 2 UGH Stormies I am willing to trade Turbo. LMK

BlueSnags
10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Not much going on lately. Please stash the following for me if you see them:

Saga Legends Red AOTC Trooper
Saga Legends Sandtrooper (clean, orange pauldron)
Saga Legends Sandtrooper (clean, white pauldron)
Saga Legends Pit Droids (tan)
Saga Legends RA-7
Saga Legends TC-14
Saga Legends Black R4 Droid

-Snags

Commtech
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Not much going on lately. Please stash the following for me if you see them:

Saga Legends Red AOTC Trooper
Saga Legends Sandtrooper (clean, orange pauldron)
Saga Legends Sandtrooper (clean, white pauldron)
Saga Legends Pit Droids (tan)
Saga Legends RA-7
Saga Legends TC-14
Saga Legends Black R4 Droid

-Snags

The mighty Snags asking for the mortals' help?????:shocked: Have your powers diminished? LOL!

Will stash if found.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
10-15-2007, 03:32 PM
The mighty Snags asking for the mortals' help?????:shocked: Have your powers diminished? LOL!

Will stash if found.:thumbsup:

Thanks, bro.:hurt:

-Snags

darkagent
10-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Target.com has the AT-RT Assault Squad exclusive ready to order and ship right now.

http://www.target.com/Star-Wars-AT-RT-Assault-Squad/dp/B000Q6RJ4I/ref=in_pe_recently-viewed-items_1/602-5489382-1918231

Cataclizm1
10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Whoa that is sweet!

Commtech
10-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Use code TGTAFTXC for 10% off!!!

Jango Speck
10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Darktrooper is back up at HTS.com!!

Jango Speck
10-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Came across this today- what is Lego doing?

http://starwars.lego.com/en-us/products/exclusive/default.aspx

Tycho
10-16-2007, 01:59 AM
The TIE Crawler was seen in Dark Empire comics I believe. Considering the Hailfire Droid, it is no longer as far-fetched for SW as I then thought it was.

Jango Speck
10-16-2007, 02:32 AM
The TIE Crawler was seen in Dark Empire comics I believe. Considering the Hailfire Droid, it is no longer as far-fetched for SW as I then thought it was.

So now Lego is getting into EU? Glad I don't throw my money away on that stuff. Not sure what you mean about the Hailfire droid- at least it's in a movie, and doesn't look like some ridiculous mashup vehicle. I didn't buy that one either though.

gambitguru
10-16-2007, 02:48 AM
if any of you guys going to best buy tommorow can you pick me an extra rachet and megatron. ill glady pay you back or stash. kind of hard to stash at best buy. thanks

Jango Speck
10-16-2007, 02:51 AM
if any of you guys going to best buy tommorow can you pick me an extra rachet and megatron. ill glady pay you back or stash. kind of hard to stash at best buy. thanks

Are they giving away toys with the DVDs?

figrin bran
10-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Are they giving away toys with the DVDs?

No, the Ratchet and Megatron are metallic repaints exclusive to Best Buy. Gambit, I'll be surprised if these sell out. After all, the regular versions aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Even the Rescue Ratchet WM exclusive isn't that tough to get.

AussieScott
10-16-2007, 04:47 AM
No, the Ratchet and Megatron are metallic repaints exclusive to Best Buy. Gambit, I'll be surprised if these sell out. After all, the regular versions aren't exactly flying off the shelves. Even the Rescue Ratchet WM exclusive isn't that tough to get.

Saw these in a toy market in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago, the packaging looked pretty cool.

I'm out and about in LA tomorrow but work has stored us at Marina Del Rey for a change, and I'm not familiar with this corner of town. The nearest shopping precinct seems to be Culver City, an area which doesn't get much of a mention here, but if I can get there without too much fuss I'll keep an eye out.

Chaddymac
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
You're right. Culver City's the closest shopping district. There's a TRU, Target and a collector's shop called Big Lou's at the corner of Jefferson and Sepulveda. Used to be a Kay Bee Toys at the mall just a little further down, but she's gone now.

Commtech
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM
You're right. Culver City's the closest shopping district. There's a TRU, Target and a collector's shop called Big Lou's at the corner of Jefferson and Sepulveda. Used to be a Kay Bee Toys at the mall just a little further down, but she's gone now.

Just make sure you get to Target and TRU at opening. With Big Lou's being 2 blocks from there, don't expect to find good stuff later in the day.

On another note: today I got the Transformers target exclusive DVD transforming case. There where a bunch of people at the store buying them like crazy. I will open it this evening after work.

Commtech
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I got shipping confirmation just now for the target exclusive AT-RT pack!! WOOHOOO!!!

Tycho
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
We had 7 toy collecting regulars at my Target this morning, plus 5 or so more who showed up going for the DVD. Then almost all of those 5 went to the toy section afterwards, most buying the Evolution of a Hero BumbleBee 2-pack.

MicroJow
10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
That Darktrooper is still hanging in there at Hasbro Toy Shop...

Meanwhile, I saw Headphones at Sleazeorama City Walmart today. He was cradling CARS toys, but I couldn't see which ones they were. There were some of the Walmart exclusive CARS wave 1 on the pegs, but none of wave 2.

- J

Navtek
10-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Picked up Ratchet and Megatron at Best Buy Mission Valley this morning. The store only got 2 of each figure. Anybody else notice a shortage or does my store just have crappy UPS guys?

I had the regular Ratchet already but this one looks really good. Most people seem to have passed on Icicle Megs at retail the first time but I have to say the repaint is a huge improvement to his look. I am very pleased with these guys.:D

Also picked up the Galactic Heros version of the movie which came with a lithograph of Megatron. It's kind of Ho Hum. Haven't opened it yet and might exchange it but I'll spend tonight mulling it over.

CrunchyNug
10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Must have just missed you this morning Jow. I too was @ PC WM. Headphones was walking in as I was walking out. Don't worry, he didn't get any w2 cuz I got the last of them.There was another gentleman there at the same time as I was and we ended up splitting up the w2 Cars. I was able to grab a few sets for me, but we pretty much cleaned them out. Good thing too as Headphones would have gladly mopped after us. He was probably carrying w1 leftovers.These were on the pegs too, not in a stand-alone like before with w1.And I found the Target Exclusive Dinoco 400 set too. Got an extra if anyone needs it.

darkagent
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Picked up Ratchet and Megatron at Best Buy Mission Valley this morning. The store only got 2 of each figure. Anybody else notice a shortage or does my store just have crappy UPS guys?

You're actually pretty lucky. I went to 2 Best Buys this morning and each one said they only got 4. What sucked was that at the Glendale BB, the employees must have bought all 4, because they weren't on the floor.

I bought the gift set at BB, but now I'm thinking of returning it and getting the transforming case from Target. I can't see the point in paying an extra $5 for 2 mini figures that have nothing to do with the DVD, once you open/get rid of the package.

Navtek
10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I bought the gift set at BB, but now I'm thinking of returning it and getting the transforming case from Target. I can't see the point in paying an extra $5 for 2 mini figures that have nothing to do with the DVD, once you open/get rid of the package.

That is my feeling on the minifigs as well. My favorite movie "exclusive" was the metal case that Suncoast is offering. Might just return the movie and get a copy there. I'm not sure it is worth paying extra for though. Tycho mentioned that he watched the prequel that is included with the Walmart version and seemed to think it was good. He said they used Frank Welker for Megs, had Cullen's voice, and also provided more background on Starscream and Bumblebee.

gambitguru
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
went to target nordhoff. they had the transforming dvd there as well. did anybody mange to get the giftcard

went to best buy porter ranch. managed to pick up the voyagers. the worker at the store said that they only got 6. also picked up the TF gift set with the robort heros, there must of have been 100 copies. and the lithograph too.

hey turbowars you have a pm

hey commtech you have a pm

Commtech
10-16-2007, 07:34 PM
I went to 3 Best Buys and none had the Voyagers! Crap!:(

Cataclizm1
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
City of Hawthorne Best Buy sold out of the voyagers within 5 minutes. I wanted a damn Megatron!

Jango Speck
10-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Just missed the McSnowies on HTS.com. The Legends droids are now in stock though.

ANEEL
10-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Hts-----legends Wave 5-----tc-14 And The Rest Is Up-----no Raven

AussieScott
10-17-2007, 12:54 AM

Found all these thanks. What there IS at the mall (Fox Hills) nowadays is a small store called Toy Box. They had UGH Marine, Mace Windu and R2-D2, as well as some CZ-4's and a Concept Vader. You'd have to REALLY want them though, he's charging $12.99

Didn't find a Best Buy though sorry Gambit.

AussieScott
10-17-2007, 12:55 AM
On another note: today I got the Transformers target exclusive DVD transforming case. There where a bunch of people at the store buying them like crazy. I will open it this evening after work.

Does anyone know if this is the same one which will be available at general retail here in Aus? Didn't see it when I was out today.

figrin bran
10-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I picked up TC-14 and RA-7 from HTS. Now all I'm looking for are Blue and Red AOTC Clones.

BlueSnags
10-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Picked up all 3 Saga Legends W5 droids on HTS a few min ago. Good times.

-Snags

K M Toydarian
10-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Just came home from dinner and refreshed HTS too and was still able to get a box o' droids. Ordered 10:26. Glad to not have to search for Darktrooper anymore and done with RA-7 , R4, and TC-14 too.

Has anyone received Pit Droids from HTS yet? I was wondering what color is out there. I ordered a set last week and ordered 2 more tonight. I hope they are varied. I've only picked up the tan set in stores. I noticed to AOTC Clone has been split into different listings for color, but not the droids.

Also, interesting if McSnowy was available again today, as when I ordered mine last week, it shows as 7-9 business days to ship, and is not scheduled to ship until the 24th. Wonder when someone tonight is expected to get them.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm out and about in LA tomorrow but work has stored us at Marina Del Rey for a change, and I'm not familiar with this corner of town. The nearest shopping precinct seems to be Culver City, an area which doesn't get much of a mention here, but if I can get there without too much fuss I'll keep an eye out.Marina Del Rey is south of Venice Beach, north of the airport, and west of Culver City. As mentioned, there's not much in the way of toy shopping around there, Culver City to the east has 2 Targets, 1 TRU, and a scalper shop named "Big Lou's" - there's a second TRU just northeast of there, but it's a hellhole.

Does anyone know if this is the same one which will be available at general retail here in Aus? Didn't see it when I was out today.Yeah, it's the same transforming case.

Cataclizm1
10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I have an extra GI JOE 25th Serpentor. Sealed but the card has a crease near the peg hook. If you want it PM me!

Jango Speck
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Went to Stevenson's Ranch WM this morning and found nothing as far as SW, but tons of the new "Cars" exclusives.

Went to Burbank Mall and stopped by the bottom floor scalp shop- he has plenty of Revans and Maleks for $17.99 each. Concept Vaders and Starkillers are $14.99, as are the various AOTC clone variants. No wonder KB has squat all the time. He's also got one Hermi for $11.99.

gambitguru
10-18-2007, 12:38 AM
hey turbowars you have a pm

Turbowars
10-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Went to Stevenson's Ranch WM this morning and found nothing as far as SW, but tons of the new "Cars" exclusives.

Went to Burbank Mall and stopped by the bottom floor scalp shop- he has plenty of Revans and Maleks for $17.99 each. Concept Vaders and Starkillers are $14.99, as are the various AOTC clone variants. No wonder KB has squat all the time. He's also got one Hermi for $11.99.
Yeah I know that store. One day as I was walking by I thought I saw Commtech in there. Was that you Commtech?

figrin bran
10-18-2007, 02:07 AM

Speck, were they wave 2 of the Cars exclusives and did you get extras?

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 02:16 AM
Speck, were they wave 2 of the Cars exclusives and did you get extras?

Yes it was Barney Storming, Bruiser Bukowski, Piston Cup Pace Car, TJ (Hummer), Kori Turbowitz, the Ghostlight Ramone wave, etc. There were a lot of them, and no I did not buy extras. I tried to post the info from my cellphone, but the connection kept dropping this morning. With my unemployment status, I've been enjoying beautiful scenic drives up to Santa Clarita in the morning. If I see them again, I'll grab an extra set. For some reason I thought you were caught up. Sorry.

gambitguru
10-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Yes it was Barney Storming, Bruiser Bukowski, Piston Cup Pace Car, TJ (Hummer), Kori Turbowitz, the Ghostlight Ramone wave, etc. There were a lot of them, and no I did not buy extras. I tried to post the info from my cellphone, but the connection kept dropping this morning. With my unemployment status, I've been enjoying beautiful scenic drives up to Santa Clarita in the morning. If I see them again, I'll grab an extra set. For some reason I thought you were caught up. Sorry.

isnt all traffic on the 5 freeway due to the accident?

if anybody sees mcsnowies keep me in mind. man these figs are so hard to find, never seen at retail. and i always miss them on HTS.com

toonimator
10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
They cleared that accident early in the week!

Nothing at Burbank Target except the Spider-Man 3 Legends-scale wave... and not even all of it (both Spideys, GG, Ock, Sandy). Saga Legends have reverted to early September-style: back on the TAC pegs to fill them up, leaving their own pegs gray-stickered & empty. So I reverted to my old habit of repegging 'em. Still plenty of SA AOTCs! :p

figrin bran
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Speck, I'm not exactly caught up as I'm still looking for Barney, Bruiser, Pace Car, Kori, Andretti and Darrell Cartrip.

Commtech
10-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah I know that store. One day as I was walking by I thought I saw Commtech in there. Was that you Commtech?

Yeah, I know the guy. I used to hang out when he had the transformers videogame and play with his ps3. I've been resisting to buy a video game console because I know I'll become an addict, so I rather just play at friend's houses (or in this case, the scalper shop). I've haven't been to "HALO 13" in a while, though and that's good because everytime I was there I was mistaken as an employee or even the owner. LOL!!

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I know the guy. I used to hang out when he had the transformers videogame and play with his ps3. I've been resisting to buy a video game console because I know I'll become an addict, so I rather just play at friend's houses (or in this case, the scalper shop). I've haven't been to "HALO 13" in a while, though and that's good because everytime I was there I was mistaken as an employee or even the owner. LOL!!

Dude, you don't look anything like the owner. Remember when he worked upstairs at KB? Every once in a while I see him checking the pegs around town. He's no better than echobasetoys- it's really sad because the idea of running your own toy/comic shop is probably a dream of many guys, but in order to do it, you have to be a scalper (unless you can afford to run a reputable high volume business like House of Secrets, or Meltdown, etc.)- so your product doesn't move fast and you are more of a glorified museum than a retailer. As is the case with most startups in the Burbank mall, I doubt we'll see him in business after Xmas.

Commtech
10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Dude, you don't look anything like the owner.

Well, I didn't mean that I looked like him. It was the fact that I would be playing behind the counter that made people think I worked there!

BlueSnags
10-18-2007, 01:04 PM
The real question is: which store at the Burbank Mall will go out of business first?

A. The Scalper Shop
B. KB

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 01:12 PM
The real question is: which store at the Burbank Mall will go out of business first?

A. The Scalper Shop
B. KB

-Snags

KB's are closing all over the country. When they shut down the one in Glendale Galleria, I thought ours would survive, but they tend to keep the store's stock very low, and it gets clearanced so often that it looks like they are shutting down. I think this Xmas will make or break Burbank KB. If we had a WM (thank god we don't), they'd have gone long ago. Our TRU was rumored to be going last year- to be converted to just a Babies R Us. I wonder what happened to that plan? Did anyone see that Chicana clothing shop in Glendale Galleria this year? It's vacant now. These types of places never last long- rent is too expensive if you aren't a chain with advertising muscle.

Commtech
10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Just came back from Burbank TRU. I stashed an orange pauldron stormie, 2 UGH galactic marines and a legends clone commander (correct gun variant). PM for location.

I also received (just now) my order for the Target excl. AT-RT assault squad via USPS. The pack is OK, nothing special. The paint application on the figures is kind of lame and the one on the AT-RTs is ok.

BlueSnags
10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I heard Chef Boyardee from Burbank TRU is thinking of opening up his own scalper shop once the one in Burbank mall goes belly up. It will be called You Know How It Is Collectibles.

Speaking of Scalper shops, anyone know how Blast From The A$s stays in business? Their prices are truly cringe-worthy and the employees don't even know anything about their own product. They earn a thumbs down from Good Old Snags.

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I heard Chef Boyardee from Burbank TRU is thinking of opening up his own scalper shop once the one in Burbank mall goes belly up. It will be called You Know How It Is Collectibles.

Speaking of Scalper shops, anyone know how Blast From The A@$ stays in business? Their prices are truly cringe-worthy and the employees don't even know anything about their own product. They earn a thumbs down from Good Old Snags.

-Snags

I have no idea- talk about a glorified museum. That part of town is nice, so their rent is probably pretty high. I can only think that they must do some online sales to keep up.

Commtech
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Just came back from Burbank TRU. I stashed an orange pauldron stormie, 2 UGH galactic marines and a legends clone commander (correct gun variant). PM for location.

Stash has been claimed.

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
GG just posted pictures of the Aayla Secura/Shak Tii minibusts.

AWESOME!!!

BlueSnags
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
The Aayla and Shaak busts look great. Looks like their lightsabers will light up - even cooler.

FYI - There is an exclusive Harry Potter mini statue up for order on GG's site (PG members only).

-Snags

CrunchyNug
Went to Los Feliz TRU hoping to get some Joes, but I struck out. Dirty Sanchez was there with 3 other cronies who proceeded to plunder the SW section. There were a few cases of UGH's and a few cases of SL.On another note, I scored the next round of Cars. Managed to get...Mario Andretti, Darrell Cartrip, Pit Crew Fillmore, Pit Crew Hornet, Dinoco Chopper

stillakid
Gpictures of the Aayla Secura/Shak Tii minibusts.

AWESOME!!!

I prefer D cups myself. :love:

Commtech
10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
GG just posted pictures of the Aayla Secura/Shak Tii minibusts.

AWESOME!!!

That Aayla is BEAUTIFUL!!!

BlueSnags
10-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey fellas,

Commtech's stash is still there at Burbank TRU - ended up finding the stuff I needed either on the pegs or from another stash I uncovered. I think it belonged to the chumpstain assistant manager (aka Dazed & Confused), which makes it even sweeter. If anyone needs UGH Marines, Legends Clone Commander and Legends Orange Sandtrooper, shoot me a PM for location of stash.

Ended up grabbing:

1x Darktrooper
2x AOTC Red Clone Captain
1x McQuarrie Vader
1x Orange Pauldron Sandtrooper
1x UGH Galactic Marine

Saw remnants of Wave 6 there (minus General McQuarrie and McSnowtrooper - doubtful those even made it to the pegs with Dazed & Confused working today)...

-Snags

Commtech
10-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Saw remnants of Wave 6 there (minus General McQuarrie and McSnowtrooper - doubtful those even made it to the pegs with Dazed & Confused working today)...

-Snags

Nope, Snowies didn't make it to the pegs. I was there at opening, looked really hard for them and there were NONE. Bastards!!:mad:

I've actually never seen Snowies on the pegs and the only one I have, was through a trade for a Darktrooper.

stillakid
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
the chumpstain assistant manager

-Snags

Chumpstain? I gotta start makin' a list. :thumbsup:

Navtek
10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Chumpstain? I gotta start makin' a list. :thumbsup:

I'm still laughing at "You Know How It Is Collectibles."

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I stashed a Cars "Yeti" at Burbank TRU this morning. I found someone's "Cars" stash- that was nice, must have been an employee because the locations were lame. There are three Luke Xwing Lego Maquettes hidden as well. I was surprised to find so many UGH R2 and Mace's on the pegs. Guess I should've gone in earlier.

Jango Speck
10-18-2007, 08:38 PM

-Snags

That guy cracks me up- way too old and full of himself to be working at TRU. I can just imagine his conversations with the ladies...I once overheard him talking to a guy at the Customer Service desk. The guy came in to scout the store for a corporate commercial shoot the next week- Dazed and Confused actually told him "I'm an actor- can I be in the commercial?". I was out the door, otherwise I would have laughed a bit louder.

As I exited TRU today, I noticed a little kid standing in the parking lot, pants down, full on peeing on the ground. I was dumbfounded, but as I approached him (he was near my car), I looked at his mom and said "You know, there are restrooms inside the store." She said "oh, I didn't realize he was doing that" I guess she's lucky that while she wasn't paying attention, he didn't run into oncoming cars. It reminded me of the time I went to the California Science Museum in downtown, and it happened to be the same day as the U.S. vs. Mexico soccer game at the L.A. Colliseum. As I got out of my car, a vanload of "visitors" opened up and a grown man whipped it out and took a leak in the parking lot. I just realized that when I was walking home from a bar last weekend, a member of my group disappeared for a minute, only to re-emerge from behind a tree while zipping up. I guess I'm a magnet for public urination. Shoot me now!

Commtech
10-18-2007, 11:50 PM
I guess I'm a magnet for public urination. Shoot me now!

LOL!! Maybe you are just looking too much where you are not supposed to.

figrin bran
10-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Went to Los Feliz TRU hoping to get some Joes, but I struck out. Dirty Sanchez was there with 3 other cronies who proceeded to plunder the SW section. There were a few cases of UGH's and a few cases of SL.On another note, I scored the next round of Cars. Managed to get...Mario Andretti, Darrell Cartrip, Pit Crew Fillmore, Pit Crew Hornet, Dinoco Chopper

Great Cars score!

Nice to see that store put out new stock after the 3 for 2 sale

BlueSnags
10-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Exclusive McQuarrie print is up at SWS.com if anyone is interested

EDIT: Sold out.

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Is there a "Cars" photo gallery anywhere online? I like to keep pictures of the ones I'm looking for.

figrin bran
10-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Is there a "Cars" photo gallery anywhere online? I like to keep pictures of the ones I'm looking for.

Cars diecast collection reference (http://p067.ezboard.com/fcarsthetoysfrm9.showMessage?topicID=1239.topic)

Jango Speck
10-19-2007, 02:29 AM
I forgot to mention that Burbank TRU had tons of animated Fett, and several CZ-4s. Maybe they're finally turning a corner at Ye Olde "You Know How It Is Toyshop".

CrunchyNug
10-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Great Cars score!

Nice to see that store put out new stock after the 3 for 2 sale

I was so excited I didn't care. Check 'em out...

New Cars (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/Cars.jpg)

Jango Speck
10-19-2007, 02:43 AM
I was so excited I didn't care. Check 'em out...

New Cars (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/Cars.jpg)

How many different cardbacks have they gone through now?

CrunchyNug
10-19-2007, 02:54 AM
If you include the WM exclusives then I think we're up to card #4 now. I've got 3 of the 4.

3 cards (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/CarsCards.jpg)

figrin bran
10-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Depending on who you ask, it's either 4 or 5 cards for the Cars diecasts. The 1st card with the desert environment has 2 variants - 1 with the 12 or so original cars that came out before the film on the back of the card and then later with 16 on the back when Dinoco McQueen, Nitroade, Leakless were first released.

gambitguru
10-19-2007, 03:38 AM
went to target nordhoff. pick up wave 2 gi joe

went to walmart porter ranch. plenty of pixar cars figs, chick, cactus mcqueen, lightnings mcqueen, mater, and other i cant remember. i stashed a lightning mcqueen, cactus mcqueen, chick, and mater, pm for details.

CrunchyNug
10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I took my time getting to work this morning and hit up a bunch of Targets. Burbank had TAC w6 minus the McSnowies, and I found some troop builders for my Cobra Army, but that's about it. Thanks again to Commtech for the hook-up at TRU .

Commtech
10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I took my time getting to work this morning and hit up a bunch of Targets. Burbank had TAC w6 minus the McSnowies, and I found some troop builders for my Cobra Army, but that's about it. Thanks again to Commtech for the hook-up at TRU .

No problem man.

Crap, the day I decide not to go to Burbank target, wave 6 hits!:rolleyes:

Luuuuuuke
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Kohl's has a 25% off action figures sale. I got the R4 units in SG Valley one this morning. Passed on other droids thinking I'd save money on those and find them later. But as it turned out, the figures were going for $6.99, so I probably should have just bought them. Eh, whatever. They also had a green AOTC clone trooper. No Starkillers. Still looking for my second and last one.

Frank Footer
10-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Howdy, Just Founders!

I'm new to the forum. I found this board whilst searching for help in finding some of these 30th figures. I'm a passive collector, in that I'm interested in toys from the first trilogy, and I don't frequent the stores as often.

I drop my son at daycare in Glendale around 8AM, so I started haunting the Glendale Target (a.k.a. Deadwood) at opening. The first day I went (early Sept.), I scored some great Wave 4 stuff, and there was UGHs & McQuarries abound. After many subsequent morning visits, I realized it was a real fluke. Since then, the same pegwarmers have greeted me each time, to my dismay.

I went back to read the archives here & catch up on what's what. You guys are really helpful in your information & tips. I'm also fascinated to read about the dramas at each store -- shady managers, creepy scalpers & odd confrontations. It's wild!

Thanks to some of your info, I hit up the Los Feliz TRU this AM, and finally scored a CZ-4 (they had quite a few, in addition to a bunch of Animated Fetts & Umpasses). Before that, I trudged to Glendale Target & was surprised to see among the tired old Bousshes & Saesee Tiins -- one 4-LOM & one Imperial Officer. Wave 5 completely bypassed this ghost town of a store.

Nonetheless, I wanted to join up & help contribute where I can, and before I get assigned a nickname after being seen out at Los Feliz. :) Which reminds me, does that TRU have some infamous regulars? I've heard Dirty Sanchez & El Puerco mentioned, but couldn't find any info in the archives on what they look like. There was a guy there this morning just chomping at the bit to get in the store. He was an older guy, with short white hair, and dashed to the SW section, moving quickly on when he didn't see the glittering gold of the UGHs. He seemed to know everyone that worked there, and chatted amiably in Spanish to one & all.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I'll be happy to stash if people are looking for specific things.

MicroJow
10-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Fallbrook WalMart had a sh*tload of Star Wars this afternoon. At least 6 cases of Legends with the Darktrooper and they had piles of cases on the cart with no room to put them out. Saw a couple wave 4 cases in there with one wave 5 and a couple wave 6'es. They hadn't opened those when I left or I would have stashed you guys some Snowtroopers. They made a HUGE display of figures in two areas of the action figure aisle.

In non-SW news, my local Target brought me a case of CARS Movie Moments which had the Mia & Tia set and the Mr. & Mrs. The King in it. Only one of each per case. What is Mattel thinking? Sigh!

- J

Kidhuman
10-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Mattel is thinking of new ways to get people to stop buying their product. The led paint didnt work, so they will sort ship stuff. :D

figrin bran
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Howdy, Just Founders!

I'm new to the forum. I found this board whilst searching for help in finding some of these 30th figures. I'm a passive collector, in that I'm interested in toys from the first trilogy, and I don't frequent the stores as often.

I drop my son at daycare in Glendale around 8AM, so I started haunting the Glendale Target (a.k.a. Deadwood) at opening. The first day I went (early Sept.), I scored some great Wave 4 stuff, and there was UGHs & McQuarries abound. After many subsequent morning visits, I realized it was a real fluke. Since then, the same pegwarmers have greeted me each time, to my dismay.

I went back to read the archives here & catch up on what's what. You guys are really helpful in your information & tips. I'm also fascinated to read about the dramas at each store -- shady managers, creepy scalpers & odd confrontations. It's wild!

Thanks to some of your info, I hit up the Los Feliz TRU this AM, and finally scored a CZ-4 (they had quite a few, in addition to a bunch of Animated Fetts & Umpasses). Before that, I trudged to Glendale Target & was surprised to see among the tired old Bousshes & Saesee Tiins -- one 4-LOM & one Imperial Officer. Wave 5 completely bypassed this ghost town of a store.

Nonetheless, I wanted to join up & help contribute where I can, and before I get assigned a nickname after being seen out at Los Feliz. :) Which reminds me, does that TRU have some infamous regulars? I've heard Dirty Sanchez & El Puerco mentioned, but couldn't find any info in the archives on what they look like. There was a guy there this morning just chomping at the bit to get in the store. He was an older guy, with short white hair, and dashed to the SW section, moving quickly on when he didn't see the glittering gold of the UGHs. He seemed to know everyone that worked there, and chatted amiably in Spanish to one & all.

Anyway, that's my introduction. I'll be happy to stash if people are looking for specific things.

Welcome to the boards Frank Footer!

Was that guy bearded? If so, he is in all likelihood the infamous Dirty Sanchez. El Puerco used to go there a lot but I haven't seen him there lately. However, he can be found at La Brea Target and Crenshaw Walmart.

To me that Galleria Target is worthless as far as figures go. It sure doesn't help that their Saga Legends figures are more expensive than at other Targets.

Frank Footer
10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Was that guy bearded? If so, he is in all likelihood the infamous Dirty Sanchez. El Puerco used to go there a lot but I haven't seen him there lately. However, he can be found at La Brea Target and Crenshaw Walmart.

Thanks for the welcome! That guy might have been bearded -- he zipped around so fast I didn't get a good look. He moves like a veteran, that's for sure!

To me that Galleria Target is worthless as far as figures go. It sure doesn't help that their Saga Legends figures are more expensive than at other Targets.

I saw that you had written that earlier in the year. Wish I'd found this board before all those wasted trips! I'll pop in once in while from now on, and will visit Los Feliz more often. I work at home & TRU is a 6-minute trip, so I can wrassle Dirty Sanchez & report on what I find!

Commtech
10-20-2007, 12:26 AM
FF: Welcome to the Boards.

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Target West Hollywood has the 18'-tall Bumblebee robot out front still, up until Sunday. I finally dropped by and took a few cellphone shots. There's 2 security guards, kinda funny to think about.

Anyway, that Target had a Titanium Series BSG white Viper mk 7, I bought it. There was also a metric ton of the exclusive transforming-case Transformers Movie DVD.

Howdy, Just Founders!

Welcome aboard Frank! I've been continuously underwhelmed by the new Glendale Target, I've taken it totally out of my repertoire. I've never actually seen (or IDed anyway) the infamous scalpers of which our gang talks, always been curious m'self.

Eagle Rock Target isn't a great finder, but it's lightyears beyond Glendale. I've been real hit-n-miss with our Los Feliz TRU myself over the years.

Anyway, happy hunting, and thanks for dropping by! :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
10-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Frank -

Welcome aboard.

Got the Target exclusive AT-RT Assault Squad in the mail today (ordered from Target.com). Much to my surprise, it was in C-10 mint condition. Looks cool - might have to get another one to open since this one ended up so minty fresh.

-Good Old Snags

Frank Footer
10-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Darktrooper, Yoda & Kybuck at HTS up now (9:57PM)

Thanks to all for the welcome!

EDIT: Damn, Darktrooper went fast. They're out --

stillakid
10-20-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm also fascinated to read about the dramas at each store -- shady managers, creepy scalpers & odd confrontations. It's wild!.

Wait'll you get to the parts about everybody whorin' around. Whoo!:love:

Jango Speck
10-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Wait'll you get to the parts about everybody whorin' around. Whoo!:love:

Yeah, they don't call them Plumber Bob and Dirty Sanchez for nothin'!

darkagent
10-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Got the Target exclusive AT-RT Assault Squad in the mail today (ordered from Target.com). Much to my surprise, it was in C-10 mint condition.

I got mine today too. I was also surprised to find that it was in mint condition. I was so expecting it to be all banged up.

gambitguru
10-20-2007, 02:52 AM
welcome to the boards FF.

please can anyone pick me up/stash a mcsnowie. i have been itching to open one up.

hey turbowars when do you want the figs.

darkagent
10-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Hit a TRU today and was quite pleased to see lots of UGH figures still hanging on the pegs. Maybe it's because they were R2-D2, Galactic Marine and Mace.

figrin bran
10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I have an UGH stash (Marine, Mace) and a McQuarrie stash (2 Snowtroopers, Vader) over at La Cienega Target

I also have a Lego X-Wing Luke Maquette stashed at Los Feliz TRU

Jango Speck
10-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I have an UGH stash (Marine, Mace) and a McQuarrie stash (2 Snowtroopers, Vader) over at La Cienega Target

I also have a Lego X-Wing Luke Maquette stashed at Los Feliz TRU

PM sent for McQ figures.

figrin bran
10-20-2007, 07:55 PM
McQ and UGH stash has been claimed by Speck.

The Lego maquette is still up for grabs though

I got #28 of the Boba Fett ACME keys just right now!

toonimator
10-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Target Burbank had Legends this AM, picked up all 3 droids for myself, and a scout for g/f's son. Only a pair of Landos and a Ralph left from yesterday's Wave 6, nothing else 'new'. I left one scout and one sandtrooper (orange pauldron) and the clone Sergeant. Paint was iffy and I've got a pair from last year that just need the complete stripe. It was the 'variant' version with the dots high on the chest, if anyone's curious :p

gambitguru
10-21-2007, 02:05 AM
went to target on topanga the one in the mall. i saw the newer legends figs. the had the all the driods but they were charging 7.64 a figures plus tax it cost 8.27. man thats pretty prices so passed on the figs. i ask the sales clerk if they price match to compare with other targets he said no, they price different at different targets. probobly see somewhere else for cheaprer.

went to new target in granada hills. picked up a clone(green) and a scout. but contemplating on wheter to keep it or return it.

went to walmart fallbrook. a lot legends but nothing good. they the new fantastic 4 set, if anybodys looking for those.

still need mcsnowies

turbo when do you want to meet. LMK

Jango Speck
10-21-2007, 02:41 AM
went to target on topanga the one in the mall. i saw the newer legends figs. the had the all the driods but they were charging 7.64 a figures plus tax it cost 8.27. man thats pretty prices so passed on the figs. i ask the sales clerk if they price match to compare with other targets he said no, they price different at different targets. probobly see somewhere else for cheaprer.

Well, I'd suggest buying them anyway, then buy figures at a cheaper Target and return them to the more expensive one with your other receipt- since the DPCI for each line is the same for each figure.

HEY TURBO! You've got guys waiting to trade with you- drop us a line man!

AussieScott
10-21-2007, 05:05 AM

Saw this a lot in San Francisco, land prices and, hence, shopping centre rents are higher there, and prices on most toys (not just Star Wars) were higher at both Target and TRU.

As I've said before, outside the US figures sell for an average of $13-14, so if I can pick up any for $8.27 I'm doing really well.

Gambit, I take it you no longer need a Region 4 Transformers DVD now that they have made an appearance in the US?

gambitguru
10-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Gambit, I take it you no longer need a Region 4 Transformers DVD now that they have made an appearance in the US?

yea, i dont need one anymore. i picked 2 up from target. but thank you anyways and thanks for the help

AussieScott
10-21-2007, 11:29 PM
yea, i dont need one anymore. i picked 2 up from target. but thank you anyways and thanks for the help

Can't say I blame you... at $50 Aus it would work out to about $45US. I bought mine at Target :) At that price we can live with NTSC... wish I could have bought 50, I'd make a killing on the local Ebay!

Is it still called scalping when the people you're selling to are still getting it cheaper than they would have otherwise?

gambitguru
10-22-2007, 12:47 AM
saw in the paper today ad that taret has sw figs for $5.99. can any you guys vouch for this?/ wonder if the do price adjustments even though you get a dollor and some change back

Cataclizm1
10-22-2007, 01:11 AM
I know for a fact target will do adjustments within 14 days, maybe longer.

figrin bran
10-22-2007, 01:13 AM
saw in the paper today ad that taret has sw figs for $5.99. can any you guys vouch for this?/ wonder if the do price adjustments even though you get a dollor and some change back

Yes, I saw sale tags for the SW figures at Target today. $5.99 as you stated.

Hopefully this will help out the pegwarmer situation but I'm afraid that it won't.

Jango Speck
10-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Went to Disneyland today amid the amazing winds. Picked up a Darth Maul Mr. Potato Head, and the Mickey/Minnie/Donald SW figs. They're sold out of Darth Goofy- anyone have an extra?

Turbowars
10-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, I found the remanents of toonimator's find at Target over the weekend. The bubbles were smashed though. Well if anyone has or sees these I need them,

Scout's
The latest 3 droids
Starkiller
MCsnowy's
Ugh Han
Ugh Luke
Ugh Vader
Ugh Wedge
Ugh stormy
2 Ugh Fetts
Green Clone
Pre Cyborg
Any of the Sandtroopers but the dirty white version.

stillakid
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, I found the remanents of toonimator's find at Target over the weekend. The bubbles were smashed though. Well if anyone has or sees these I need them,

Scout's
The latest 3 droids
Starkiller
MCsnowy's
Ugh Han
Ugh Luke
Ugh Vader
Ugh Wedge
Ugh stormy
2 Ugh Fetts
Green Clone

Uh, me too. I ordered all this from EE but it's starting to feel like KEBCO all over again. :mad:

gambitguru
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
turbowars you have a pm

Turbowars
10-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Uh, me too. I ordered all this from EE but it's starting to feel like KEBCO all over again. :mad:
That's why I dropped EE. They got a ton of business from me and many of you guys, but not anymore.

BlueSnags
10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
EE has gone downhill in a hurry.

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Yup, all of my EE business were quickly moved over to NFC. Cheaper too! I do miss my dusty trips across NoHo for will-call pickup. :cry:

BlueSnags
10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Yup, all of my EE business were quickly moved over to NFC. Cheaper too! I do miss my dusty trips across NoHo for will-call pickup. :cry:

Nothing like driving over to EE headquarters during a lunch break to pick up some figs and seeing a crack deal going down on the street corner in the process. Good times.

-Snags

Frank Footer
10-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Nothing like driving over to EE headquarters during a lunch break to pick up some figs and seeing a crack deal going down on the street corner in the process. Good times.

Agreed. It was fun to go there -- I felt like getting my toys right out of a secret warehouse. They'll probably still get my business, though, if they come out with a R5 exclusive set. I dig Red Leader's droid --

Jango Speck
10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Met up with Turbo at Burbank TRU tonight. While cruising the aisles, we saw Ray Park (Darth Maul himself) with his family- shopping in the girlie aisles. Too bad they didn't have any Maul Legends figures, I might have asked him to sign one.

figrin bran
10-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Scout's
The latest 3 droids
Starkiller
MCsnowy's
Ugh Han
Ugh Luke
Ugh Vader
Ugh Wedge
Ugh stormy
2 Ugh Fetts
Green Clone
Concept Grievous

Turbo, you must mean Pre Cyborg Grievous and not the Star Wars Shop exclusive Concept Grievous, right?

By "dirty white sandtrooper", do you mean the orange pauldron one?

Navtek
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM
This might seem silly but do you have a link to NFC? I get everything through BBTS or AFX. I haven't tried NFC yet.
Thanks!

Jango Speck
10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
This might seem silly but do you have a link to NFC? I get everything through BBTS or AFX. I haven't tried NFC yet.
Thanks!

No probelm, but have you tried Google?

http://www.newforcecomics.com/

timmae
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Met up with Turbo at Burbank TRU tonight. While cruising the aisles, we saw Ray Park (Darth Maul himself) with his family- shopping in the girlie aisles. Too bad they didn't have any Maul Legends figures, I might have asked him to sign one.
where are those pegwarmers when you need one...
never met a sith before. i did see anthony wright (nfl quarterback)here in charlotte at a TRU.

Navtek
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM
No probelm, but have you tried Google?

http://www.newforcecomics.com/

Ahh, New Force. When you google NFC a million pages of National Football Conference come up. Thanks for the link!

Jango Speck
10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Ahh, New Force. When you google NFC a million pages of National Football Conference come up. Thanks for the link!

Sorry, I didn't mean to put the literal abbreviation "NFC" into Google. I thought everyone around here knew what BBTS, EE, NFC, etc. meant.

Navtek
10-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to put the literal abbreviation "NFC" into Google. I thought everyone around here knew what BBTS, EE, NFC, etc. meant.

No prob, that's the only one I didn't know :thumbsup:. It looks like they've got a pretty good selection of stuff, including SG-1/Atlantis and BSG which I like as well.

Turbowars
10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Turbo, you must mean Pre Cyborg Grievous and not the Star Wars Shop exclusive Concept Grievous, right?

By "dirty white sandtrooper", do you mean the orange pauldron one?Yeah I meant the Pre Cyborg Grievous. No I mean the dirty Sandtrooper with the white Pauldron. I need the 2 clean versions.

darkagent
10-22-2007, 11:38 PM

Ahhh!!! The nightmares with KEBCO. :cry:

Jango Speck
10-23-2007, 03:19 AM
OK, for the record, so you can laugh at me later:

2008 looks like a "meh" kinda year. I'm not complaining, because I really don't have room for anything more, and I've got more maquettes coming from GG. Wave one of 2008 looks about 50/50 (being generous), and Force Unleashed is pretty cool, but the rest of the movie figs don't excite me like the previews for TAC did in 2006. I would love to put Hasbro collecting behind me, but there's always something cool amongst the pegwarmers. I think I'm gonna stop collecting vehicles though, except for the Jedi starfighter/ring. Battlepacks don't excite me anymore and Evolutions is starting to jump the shark from what I've seen. When are we going to see new card artwork?

P.S. I think I said the same thing when the ROTS year ended, but this time I mean it!

toonimator
10-23-2007, 04:31 AM
I like what I've seen so far. Wave 1's not all that exciting, but I'll get Obi-Wan (as a final ROTS version of the guy, all my other SA ROTS Obi-Wans can become Jedi Custom Fodder since he'll have some soft goods, colored ankles, and a better head sculpt than the ROTS Pilot), and probably the rest. I might skip the panning droid though, and won't go crazy with the clones. I really like the Evo sets, mixing in a healthy dose of EU, and great figures to boot. My biggest gripes are with Luke's wildly incorrect saber hilt (likely chosen because they blindly followed the art reference they used for the outfit) and Qui-Gon's 1999 saber sculpt. I'll definitely grab the Grievous Starfighter and AT-AP, but I'll skip the hyperspace ring JSF for myself. I'm also over the BPs, only the exclusive ones ever really interest me anymore.

The TFU figures look great all around, so I'll enjoy getting a bunch. But I'm rapidly running out of room, too! Particularly in my custom parts bins, since I've ground to a halt working on any. Just collecting fodder, then forgetting what I'd intended for this bit or that bit. :(

There's plenty I'm really looking forward to next year, like a new Thrawn, LEGACY figures, a Bothan, the chance for a real Arvel Crynyd at last, Ewoks, etc.

Jango Speck
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Well, I have very little interest in EU, aside from Clone Wars and possibly the upcoming TV shows.

Frank Footer
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Hit up Glendale Target (old habits die hard) at opening today. Found (and stashed -- PM for location) a Red Clone. The 5.99 discounted price applies here, to both TAC and SL. I'm keeping an eye on the Cars section for you guys, too. Nothing that anyone was looking for today --

Tycho
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
My Target had 4 Gold Coin Dark Troopers. I called all my friends from the 'ol Circle and everyone had ordered him from HTS already. So I left all but 1 of them that I picked up for this one dude that shops at my store and that I know wants all the GH's. If he doesn't need it, I'll return it.

They also had a Concept Chewbacca and I picked that up. I guess in my dioramas, I'd like the aliens for PT scenes to be slightly different from the ones in my OT scenes. "Chewie" can be on the Outland Freighter with Anakin and Padme, as well as in Club Outlander. If I keep running across him, maybe another could go in the pod race arena?

This way all my alien extras aren't Rodians, Quarrens, Gran, Ithorians, etc.

toonimator
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Some wave 5 (4 from the wave) at Burbank Target today, and some more Legends (no clone officers, but the blond Imp which I picked up; a Shockie, couple orange-pauldron dirty sandies, droids, scouts). They have Wave 3 Joes as well, picked up Firefly and Stalker. Shipwreck looked horrible, and there were 3 or 4 Red Ninjas. Crazy. "Let's take a non-classic cheap overseas repaint from late in the RAH line and put it into the 25th anniversary collection! Brilliant! Let's ALSO make it a major army builder and put tons of 'em in each assortment instead of regular Cobra Troopers or extra black-Timber Snake Eyes! GENIUS!"

Turbo, stashed the Legends droids and pre-cyborg Grievous for ya.

Jango Speck
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I guess I got the dreggs from Burbank Target then. I grabbed the lone Biker Scout, left the orange pauldron Sandies.

CrunchyNug
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
I found a few Joes too this morning, but the real excitement was the discovery of Comic Packs w4. I was a bit late getting to Target, but I did get to see the 3 new ones. All I got was the pack with the 2 Jedi, but there was also the 2 Pilots and Anakin w/ Assassin Droid...on sale too.

toonimator
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
I found a few Joes too this morning, but the real excitement was the discovery of Comic Packs w4. I was a bit late getting to Target, but I did get to see the 3 new ones. All I got was the pack with the 2 Jedi, but there was also the 2 Pilots and Anakin w/ Assassin Droid...on sale too.
:shocked:

Sweet. Hope Burbank gets 'em this week! Their pegs are all but empty, one set per peg.

Jango Speck
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Stashed a "Cars" Mia/Tia set at Burbank TRU today. It's hidden with a Yeti as well. PM for the location.

gambitguru
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
if any guys see gi joes wave 2 or 3 can you please stash. i need to troop build and need zartan and serpentor especially.
thanks,

also i need couple mcsnoiwes.

Jango Speck
10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I've got an extra McVader (not UGH), if anyone is interested...

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Dirty Duarte Target had Saga Legends R4-I9, so I bought him, nothing else new but they said they were bringing out more later. Dirty Duarte WM had a single EU topless Anakin.

Monrovia had some UGH, orange-pauldron Sandtrooper, and the correct-weapon Clone Commander, I bought the latter.

TRU Los Feliz had 4 CZ-4s. Darkagent pointed out to me that they screwed up the "Fan's Choice" sticker on the SL Sandtrooper, too funny, R4-I9's sticker is correct with "Fans' Choice".

I have a Roron Corobb if anybody wants him, but I left it in the trunk of my car which is in the shop for a few days.

I've got an extra McVader (not UGH), if anyone is interested...I'm interested! Chaddy got me one, but this is the only line I want sealed/opened on.

My "please stash" list has been way heavy up until very recently so I haven't wanted to post it lately, but with some help it's been whittled down to only somewhat ridiculous, so here goes:
Hermi Odle
3PO w/ Salacious
Darth Malak
Pre-borg Grievous
2x McQuarrie Starkiller Hero
2x McQuarrie Snowtrooper
Saggy Legends RA-7

Jango Speck
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Burbank Target had a 3PO/Salacious this morning at 9am- probably gone by now.

toonimator
10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
They also had Anakin, Yoda, and Grievous from that wave this morning... I stashed Grievous but left the others. No Hermi or Sith, and the only McQuarrie was a Boba Fett!!

Turbowars
10-23-2007, 10:45 PM
They also had Anakin, Yoda, and Grievous from that wave this morning... I stashed Grievous but left the others. No Hermi or Sith, and the only McQuarrie was a Boba Fett!!
You are awesome Tooni! You guys are like my personal shoppers!! Thank you all for the help. :thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
10-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I hope my Target gets some new stuff.

Tycho
10-24-2007, 12:48 AM
but the real excitement was the discovery of Comic Packs w4.

Oh cool! I've been waiting to get a Baron Fel figure to put with my 181st TIE Interceptor!

Very nice. I'm not going to buy Anakin and the droid, but I may buy 1 set of Baltar and Koffi, even though I think the latter is a lame choice. In fact the whole wave is sort of weak except for the Rogue Squadron pilots.

toonimator
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
W4 Comic Packs at Burbank Target today! I picked up 2 Fels, 2 Anakins, and one Bultar. Already ripped open one of each, pretty cool! The worst parts of all three are Bultar's preposed legs, her open right hand (plastic band's keeping the saber there), Koffi's loose backpack, Fel's silly blaster, and Hobbie's towering height. Koffi's saber looks great for a Grievous-blade repaint, it's just a skinny hilt. Fel's okay, but has an ROTS Bail Organa awkwardness about him (big hands, funny joints). The TIE helmet's too small proportion-wise, but fits him well. I already tried throwing it on the blond Imp Jumpsuiter I got yesterday, but his head's too big... it MIGHT fit over one of the other 2 heads, which would be awesome since those guys are closer to TIE Pilots without their flight gear than actual officers anyway.

The Anakin's very nice, his head is a great example of a GOOD ball-joint. He can look up & down very nicely, certainly better than the Evo Anis. The Assassin Droid is fantastic, super fluid joints.

They had a ton of 'em, so there were at LEAST 2 sets of each left, plus some Leia/Vaders. I also crappily stashed a Zartan from the Joes if anyone's interested.

BlueSnags
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
If anyone sees the new Comic Packs (Wave 4), please stash a set for me.

Thanks,
Snags

Commtech
10-24-2007, 01:51 PM
If anyone sees the new Comic Packs (Wave 4), please stash a set for me.

Thanks,
Snags

I went to NoHo Target today just for kicks. There were 3 sets of those today. If I would've known I would've stashed. They might still be there Snags.

By the way, Hootie told me headphones doesn't go there anymore. I guess the regulars there gave him a hard time and scared him away. They call him "Stinky".

Kidhuman
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Scalpers give each other nicknames, thats awesome. Stinky the Scalper

gambitguru
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
toonimator you have a pm.

BlueSnags
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I went to NoHo Target today just for kicks. There were 3 sets of those today. If I would've known I would've stashed. They might still be there Snags.

By the way, Hootie told me headphones doesn't go there anymore. I guess the regulars there gave him a hard time and scared him away. They call him "Stinky".

Thanks, bro. I just rolled over there and picked up two sets (at the sale price, no less)! Good times.

Stashed a set of W4 comic packs and a CARS Dinoco 400 set at the same Target. PM for location.

-Snags

toonimator
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
toonimator you have a pm.
Already claimed by Crunchy, sorry! Though I'm not sure if the figure'll still be there by the time he gets there. It was a really lazy stash job.

gambitguru
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
went to target on la brea around 11. nothing there. no SW or GI joe

need zartan and serpentor and mcsnowies.

Frank Footer
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
You'll all be happy to know that Eagle Rock Target has VERY warm pegs in its SW section. :mad: No relevant Cars or Transformers, either. Speaking of stinky, there was a fragrant fellow w/a helper fervently groping the Hot Wheels section. Peeyoo!

stillakid
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Just got back from a driveby at Sepulveda Target in Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys. Lots of full pegs, but nothing new at all aside from some Pit Droids and AOTC style Clones. A few comic packs, but nothing that hasn't been around forever. So, I bought some V8 and left.

CrunchyNug
10-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Already claimed by Crunchy, sorry! Though I'm not sure if the figure'll still be there by the time he gets there. It was a really lazy stash job.

Yeah, it was gone by the time I made it over there on my lunch-break. Not a total bust though as I picked up the remaining w4 Comic Pack that I needed. But bad Toonie, lazy Toonie. I think Bluesnags is holding a course on the art of stashing, you should attend his seminar.

BlueSnags
10-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, it was gone by the time I made it over there on my lunch-break. Not a total bust though as I picked up the remaining w4 Comic Pack that I needed. But bad Toonie, lazy Toonie. I think Bluesnags is holding a course on the art of stashing, you should attend his seminar.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::whip:

-Snags

darkagent
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Stopped by CC Target today and saw a couple new JLU 3 packs. One was Starman, Flash and Dr Fate and the other was the former TRU exclusive "Injustice League" Batman, Superman and Hawkgirl on new card. I'm thinking that I just missed the Fire and Ice 3 pack. Does anyone know if it's out yet?

If anyone in the Burbank/Glendale/ER/Culver City area comes accross the new SW comic Packs at Target, can you please stash me a set. Thanks.

toonimator
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Like I said, crappy! I tried to get it so it wasn't visible in the holes or anything, but some of the card was visible if you were tall enough or far enough back. I'm not even sure if there were any others, as Bob had taken several Joes right off the bat to check if a friend needed 'em on the phone. He put 'em all back, but I forgot to check after that.

More notes on Fel: I think the same sculptor who tackled ROTS Bail DID make Fel. It wasn't just the big hands or the colors or funky joints, Fel's a GIANT. Towers over Hobbie, who's pretty tall himself thanks to the Vander body. His shoulders are ridiculous, 'bulbous' is a word that comes to mind.

The Assassin Droid, OTOH, is fantastic. His arms can't be in close and rotated up very far due to the torso sculpt, but every joint he's got is a ball-hinge. He can sit back & rest one leg on the other knee better than pretty much any human or alien figure. 4-LOM's also great at that. Weird.

I'm itching to try a Magnaguard head on the droid's body. With a bit of work it might be a reasonable stand-in!

Jango Speck
10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I have an extra Malak and Hermi Odle. Anyone want to trade for UGHs?

BlueSnags
10-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Stashed a set of W4 comic packs and a CARS Dinoco 400 set at the same Target. PM for location.

-Snags

Update: Stash has been claimed.

-Snags

Kidhuman
10-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Did any of you guys get shipping notices for the McSnowtroopers that you ordered from HTS 2 weks ago? Today was the day they were supposed to ship out.

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I have an extra Malak and Hermi Odle. Anyone want to trade for UGHs?I don't have any UGHs I want to get rid of (just the 1) but if I find any in the next few days, I'll take you up on both.

Anybody know why traffic was extra horrible here in Hollywood tonight? I'm guessing it's a combination of the filming AND the movie premiere on Hollywood blvd driving all the suckers down onto Sunset and Fountain and even DeLongpre, but it seemed extra dense even for that.

Oh, that reminds me, MC Chris is doing a show at the Knitting Factory next week, Monday at 7:30p, I know, not the greatest day or time, but still, you gotta give it up for one of the nerdcore kings.

figrin bran
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Stopped by CC Target today and saw a couple new JLU 3 packs. One was Starman, Flash and Dr Fate and the other was the former TRU exclusive "Injustice League" Batman, Superman and Hawkgirl on new card. I'm thinking that I just missed the Fire and Ice 3 pack. Does anyone know if it's out yet?

If anyone in the Burbank/Glendale/ER/Culver City area comes accross the new SW comic Packs at Target, can you please stash me a set. Thanks.

DA, you're the first person to report seeing those packs. While we can't know for sure, you might've missed Fire/Ice/GL or Mr. Miracle/Darkseid/Orion.

orionlukteel
10-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Did any of you guys get shipping notices for the McSnowtroopers that you ordered from HTS 2 weks ago? Today was the day they were supposed to ship out.

No, and my PayPal payment goes from pending to through back to pending. I'm ready to cancel all of my orders due to Hasbro's rotten service. Found 2 Snowtroopers at retail so I may just cancel it regardless.

Anakin and Corobb were supposed to ship out today too and haven't.

CrunchyNug
10-25-2007, 01:52 AM
I ordered a GI Joe Cobra 5-pack that was supposed to ship today, when I called HTS, I was told that they're now on backorder. Booo:upset:

BlueSnags
10-25-2007, 02:06 AM
I heard a rumor that HasbroToyShop is actually operated by a bunch of trained chimpanzees. It's true, oh it's damn true.

-Snags

figrin bran
10-25-2007, 02:16 AM
I heard a rumor that HasbroToyShop is actually operated by a bunch of trained chimpanzees. It's true, oh it's damn true.

-Snags

Well, at least they're trained. The ones running the HasbroToyShop booth at Comic Con must've been the untrained ones!

Jango Speck
10-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Well, I started the new job today- barely a gap in employment- thank my lucky star systems. Ran into Plumber Bob and Hootie at Burbank Kmart this morning. Found some wave 5 stuff. Prices are outrageous though- $8.39 each, and they are marked as "SW GR HT FIG". Is this a mistake?

Commtech
10-25-2007, 03:04 AM

-Snags

I think they are actually Headphones' cousins running the thing.

Kidhuman
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, I started the new job today- barely a gap in employment- thank my lucky star systems. Ran into Plumber Bob and Hootie at Burbank Kmart this morning. Found some wave 5 stuff. Prices are outrageous though- $8.39 each, and they are marked as "SW GR HT FIG". Is this a mistake?

The only mistake was going into Kmart.....

Congrats on the new job.

-Snags

At this point I believe it, 2 freakin weeks and they dont have them in stock, what a bunch of carp.

toonimator
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Burbank Target had two more sets of Wave 4 Comic Packs this AM; no basics or Legends again.

CrunchyNug
10-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Hit a few Targets and found SL Officer (light brown hair) variant. I also stumbled upon those same 2 JLU 3-packs...Dr. Fate/Starman & Lords Hawkgirl - no sign of Fire and Ice though. Anyone know if they're in that same case or not?

Frank Footer
10-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Los Feliz TRU at opening; anxious group waiting to get in (were one of you guys there as well --?). Full pegs of Lando, Elis, Luke w/bone, Galactic Marine, zzzzzzzz. A few scattered Gen. McQuarrie, 4-LOM, Red Clones.

Whither Concept Vader, Starkiller, Snowie --? :cry:

darkagent
10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Burbank Target had two more sets of Wave 4 Comic Packs this AM; no basics or Legends again.

Did you stash any?

JediTricks
10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, at least they're trained. The ones running the HasbroToyShop booth at Comic Con must've been the untrained ones!Half and half, the first guy I got was a total tool and didn't understand the punch policy, double-punched my badge so I couldn't buy more later. Then the second person (same transaction) got my order right and accidentally threw in an extra item for free. :p

I went to head out for a run this morning only to discover that traffic on the 5 was an unusually bad basta*d AND I had forgot to check fluid levels so the car overheated from lack of coolant. :rolleyes: Smooooooth. I luckily got off at stadium way which is still fairly near my house, pulled over for a few to let it cool, and got home before it redlined. Now waiting for it to cool down, then gonna get some coolant and oil (I haven't checked the oil levels either even though it's been garaged for over a year :stupid: ).

Jango Speck
10-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Did you stash any?

I took two of the three of one set. (Anakin and the Xwing guys).

gambitguru
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
went to tarert nordhoff. nothing new

went to target corbin. finally picked up a zartan.

went to TRU van nuys. nothing there. but the scalper shop next to it. got the neew wave of SW i think wave 6. she had a mcsolo but she was charging $25 wow. i asked if i could see the rest of the wave, she said no. i hate that store i always get frustrated when im in there

went to target at the mall in topanga. i found like 4 zartan. i guess when it rains it pours. left a bunch of other gi joes. also found a lone olde, i picked him up on an impulse buy.

oh if any of you guys still need the transformers transforming dvd, pm me there were about 24 left.

ok all i need now is at least 2 serpentors(no more zartans) and couple mcsnowies man these guys are really hard to get.

Commtech
10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
....but the scalper shop next to it. got the neew wave of SW i think wave 6. she had a mcsolo but she was charging $25 wow. ...

DO you need a wave 6 solo? I got an extra one.

Kidhuman
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
The McSolo is wave 7. Wave 6 is the Torture Rack.

MicroJow
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Is that the Kitty World lady you're talking about? If so, avoid that store like the plague. Back when the UGHs first started hitting, she got to a Walmart at the same time as a friend of mine. He went down the aisle and found the UGHs while she hung out at the endcap, looking through Legends W2. When she saw him stacking figures, she ran over and started grabbing all the gold coins she could. Then she turned to my friend and asked why he needed so many of each figure and could she have some.

Now, my buddy is without a doubt one of the friendliest people on the planet. He's always looking out for his fellow collectors and the 5 or 6 sets of UGHs he'd pulled from the pegs were all going to other collectors. But he was nice and gave her a McChewie and an UGH Animated Fett.

She then threw a hissy fit in the aisle, telling him she needed those figures for her store and he had no right to be buying so many of them. He pointed out that there were still figures on the shelf but she started yelling at him, calling him names and telling him that she needed the figures more than he did.

So on his way out, he mentioned to the manager that there was a crazy lady coming with a cart full of figures which she intended to sell at her store. The manager told him she would not be leaving with so many figures and thanked him.

Cut to a few days later. My buddy is back in the Walmart and who should come running up to him but Kitty World lady. He's with his kids, BTW. Anyway, she starts yelling at him, calling him trash, telling him she's going to call the police on him, threatening him. He turns around and walks away. She pursues, continuing to scream at the top of her lungs, continuing to tell him he's trash. Up comes the manager. Asks what the problem is. She tells the manager that my friend was threatening her and yelling at her. The manager points out that the only one he sees yelling is her and escorts her out.

As far as I know he hasn't had any more run-ins with her.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but after that (and an incident where she came running out of her store, telling me to move my car because the spots in front of her place are not for Toys-R-Us customers,) I've made it my mission to convince people to stay far far away from her little Kitty World. And $25 for a Star Wars figure, be it Torture Rack Solo or McQuarrie Solo, is ludicrous.

End of rant. :)

- J

Kidhuman
10-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Great story Joe, made me laugh. F her and her store.

darkagent
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
oh if any of you guys still need the transformers transforming dvd, pm me there were about 24 left.

I don't think these are hard to find. I've been to several Targets and have seen full endcaps of them, especially near the checkout lanes.

figrin bran
10-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Hit a few Targets and found SL Officer (light brown hair) variant. I also stumbled upon those same 2 JLU 3-packs...Dr. Fate/Starman & Lords Hawkgirl - no sign of Fire and Ice though. Anyone know if they're in that same case or not?

Crunchy, I mentioned DA's find over on actionfigureinsider and it seems like you're the first two to find those packs. There are some current auctions for those packs (SoCal based ones too) but none for Fire/Ice or Mr. Miracle yet.

CrunchyNug
10-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Crunchy, I mentioned DA's find over on actionfigureinsider and it seems like you're the first two to find those packs. There are some current auctions for those packs (SoCal based ones too) but none for Fire/Ice or Mr. Miracle yet.

I took a quick shot of them this morning w/ my phone, I'll post them tonight. Fire & Ice here we come...

gambitguru
10-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Is that the Kitty World lady you're talking about?

- J

yup that is the lady. i get so annoyned with her. that is a funny story. i dont know why she would say that to your friends. she's weird.

for the transforming dvds. i know that some stores are already sold out. i guess they are slowly dissapearing.

you are right kidhuman that is wave 7, my mistake.

hey commtech you have a pm.

toonimator
10-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Is that the Kitty World lady you're talking about?
I remember reading that on RS a month or two ago. Sad and hilarious. She NEEDS to raid regular retail stores to keep her own scalperama in business. Pathetic.

...but at least now I know if I ever visit the Van Nuys TRU, I should park in front of her store just to tick her off :twisted:

MicroJow
10-26-2007, 01:02 PM
What I want to know is: did she really have a McQuarrie Han Solo or was it the Wave 6 Torture Rack Han Solo? I've heard that BBTS got their Wave 7 in and if that's the case, I might have to start hunting the stores again in a week or so...

- J

gambitguru
10-26-2007, 01:04 PM
What I want to know is: did she really have a McQuarrie Han Solo or was it the Wave 6 Torture Rack Han Solo? I've heard that BBTS got their Wave 7 in and if that's the case, I might have to start hunting the stores again in a week or so...

- J

yup it is the mcquarrie han solo. the figs looks pretty good

darkagent
10-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Hasbrotoyshop.com has Legends Wave 4? (droids and Biker Scout) up right now. It doesn't look like the 25% off code is working anymore.

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
WM Rosemead - tons of TAC and SL waves that are pegwarming everywhere else, but they had MOUNTAINS of it. No McNuthin'.
WM Baldwin Hills - This store is such a waste of time, it appears they've stopped stocking TAC altogether.
WM Covina - all of wave 6 minus McSnow, these are on an island, not on the aisle. Lots of legends, which are on sale for $5.39 (the shelf tag isn't specific enough so I made them give me a couple TAC Stormies for the price).
TRU Covina - nothing impressive this time, but it feels like they're trying.
WM Duarte - bupkis.
Target Duarte - even less.
TRU Monrovia - nothing of note, they're another TRU that feels like it's trying but just can't get traction with what Hasbro sends them.
Target Pasadena 1-story - zip.
Target Eagle Rock - so much nothing that it hurt a little.
What an incredible waste of time! That run for WMs up the 10 is not going to stay in my repetoire, the rewards are too little and the traffic getting to the 10 adds insult to the injury. I know there are a couple Targets up there too - Rosemead and Baldwin Hills - but getting to them is awkward, eventually it feels like being a pinball.

Frank Footer
10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Dang, JediTricks!

That's an impressive run of stores. I feel exhausted after hitting two stores in one day. It sure is tough running these toys down --

Thanks for the report!

JediTricks
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it was crazy, I wanted to see what I could do free of time and distance constraints - I suppose I could have gone farther even, there's a WM in Glendora and way out past Ontario, and I could have sidetracked to Pico Rivera or that one down in helltown, but the idea was to make a cleaner loop - up the 10, north on Azusa ave, and down the 210/134. I just wish I had better news to report from those locations.

I *think* I forgot to mention a Yoda/Kybuck at WM Covina, I didn't consciously remember seeing it but while I was reading the forums thread about Yoda it visually popped into my head - they had a couple Roron Corobbs as well (the figure nobody apparently wants) so it's a weird one.

figrin bran
10-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I was at the Rosemead WM about 2 weeks ago and they had the same mountains that JT was talking about

I got a partial order from HTS - Darktrooper, Grey clone commander and the free VTSC Leia.

Jango Speck
10-27-2007, 01:14 AM
What an incredible waste of time! That run for WMs up the 10 is not going to stay in my repetoire, the rewards are too little and the traffic getting to the 10 adds insult to the injury. I know there are a couple Targets up there too - Rosemead and Baldwin Hills - but getting to them is awkward, eventually it feels like being a pinball.

3/4 of that area is Frank 'N Sons territory.

JediTricks
10-27-2007, 01:17 AM
3/4 of that area is Frank 'N Sons territory.
Yeah, but at this point, that's the entire LA county area. Damn jerks.

Cataclizm1
10-27-2007, 01:24 AM
I still have a 25th Serpentor up for grabs if any local peeps needs one.

Also Masterpiece Starscream has started showing up at Walmarts, if anyone finds an extra please stash or buy for me! It's apparently $48.99.

gambitguru
10-27-2007, 03:02 AM
I still have a 25th Serpentor up for grabs if any local peeps needs one.

Also Masterpiece Starscream has started showing up at Walmarts, if anyone finds an extra please stash or buy for me! It's apparently $48.99.

yeah i cant wait til that comes out. i want two.

ill take your serpentor. do you hunt in the la area seeing that you are from hawthorne. thanks. i have an extra precyborg grevious, if want to trade

Cataclizm1
10-27-2007, 03:15 AM
yeah i cant wait til that comes out. i want two.

ill take your serpentor. do you hunt in the la area seeing that you are from hawthorne. thanks. i have an extra precyborg grevious, if want to trade
PM sent to you.