PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

BlueSnags
10-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Met up with Figgy B over at Burbank TRU this morning. They put out 1 case of Wave 6 & I grabbed the 2 McSnowies. The cards were purposely bent on two different corners (I mean REALLY bent as in folded over) and there was a razor blade cut in one of the bubbles. Pretty funny because I noticed Dazed & Confused was working and I was suprised the McSnowies made it to the pegs for once. Then I got a look at the cards. Doesn't matter to me since I was going to open them, but it still made me shake my head. I guess D&C got his fill of them before but didn't want anyone else to score so he destroyed the cards. The rest of Wave 6 had mint cards, of course.

Not sure which is worse at this point - Burbank TRU or Burbank KB. Speaking of Burbank KB, stopped by there the other night and some Forrest Gump looking guy in a KB uniform came up to me: "Are yew lookin' for anythin' in parrrticular?" I was like, "Yeah, do you have any new SW figures?" He went in the back to check, but he came out with nothing as I figured. "Yew should try our store downstairs - we have lotsa them Star Wars down there." I just laughed in his face. Next thing you know, the manager of KB (or is he the former manager...not sure) comes walking in: "You looking for Star Wars? Oh yeah, check out the store on the first floor." Another mind-boggling experience.

Anyway, Burbank TRU also put out one case of the new CARS - grabbed a Pit Crew Fillmore and a Pit Crew Hudson Hornet - they had the rest of the wave but someone else grabbed 'em. Saw Plumber Bob and he had a bagful of Johnny Lightnings, but no CARS. Not sure who grabbed them.

Then some goof in the parking lot asked me where to get the new CARS and I told him to try Panorama City Walmart. Hopefully he gets gangbanged over there.

-Snags

Jango Speck
10-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Not sure which is worse at this point - Burbank TRU or Burbank KB. Speaking of Burbank KB, stopped by there the other night and some Forrest Gump looking guy in a KB uniform came up to me: "Are yew lookin' for anythin' in parrrticular?" I was like, "Yeah, do you have any new SW figures?" He went in the back to check, but he came out with nothing as I figured. "Yew should try our store downstairs - we have lotsa them Star Wars down there." I just laughed in his face. Next thing you know, the manager of KB (or is he the former manager...not sure) comes walking in: "You looking for Star Wars? Oh yeah, check out the store on the first floor." Another mind-boggling experience.
-Snags

Wait, is the guy who runs the downstairs scalper shop still working at KB? And the KB employees are reffering to that shop as "our other store"? That's f'd up! You should ask them to price match the upstairs store and see what he says...

figrin bran
10-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Snags,

Thanks for the wave 2 WM Cars! You forgot to mention the mohawk goof asking if we were "ebay guys" and if we had Darth Malek. Is D&C the dude with the long hair in a ponytail? I don't go to that store too often but earlier in the year, I found the Soundwave reissues there, he saw me paying for one and said something like "ohh! I didn't know we got those in! I'm gonna get one for myself".

I hit La Brea Target later in the day. The sale doesn't seem to have had any effect on the pegwarmers. I did find remnants of GI Joe wave 2 and picked up a Cobra Red Ninja. There were also Cobra Legion 5 packs but I passed on it for the time being. I also saw Hurley from Lost walking past the toy aisle but not looking at toys.

BlueSnags
10-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Snags,

Is D&C the dude with the long hair in a ponytail?

Yup - that's him. He is a true chumpasaurus rex.

-Snags

figrin bran
10-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Yup - that's him. He is a true chumpasaurus rex.

-Snags`

Chumpamus Prime is more like it!

Now I wish I would've just BS'ed him..."I got the last one...sorry man" or something like that. Jerk probably bought them all up!

TeeEye7
10-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Dang, JediTricks!

That's an impressive run of stores. I feel exhausted after hitting two stores in one day. It sure is tough running these toys down --

Thanks for the report!

Jeez, JT! If you do another giant "loop" like that again, I'll halfway expect to see you show up at BCJ's or even my doorstep for lunch one of these days! ;)

As Frank just said: "Impressive. Most impressive".

gambitguru
10-28-2007, 04:38 AM
walmart stevenson ranch had about 5 cases of cars. dont really collect cars but some of you guys here do, i dont want to start getting into them, ill be even more broke. they had about 3-5 cases of legends. pretty much done with legends. i left them there untouched.

JediTricks
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Met up with Figgy B over at Burbank TRU this morning. They put out 1 case of Wave 6 & I grabbed the 2 McSnowies. The cards were purposely bent on two different corners (I mean REALLY bent as in folded over) and there was a razor blade cut in one of the bubbles. Pretty funny because I noticed Dazed & Confused was working and I was suprised the McSnowies made it to the pegs for once. Then I got a look at the cards. Doesn't matter to me since I was going to open them, but it still made me shake my head. I guess D&C got his fill of them before but didn't want anyone else to score so he destroyed the cards. The rest of Wave 6 had mint cards, of course. Gee, I'm so glad I went to Los Feliz and convinced poor Jango Speck to meet me there instead. :rolleyes: It's hard to believe how bad collecting has gotten in the past year in this town.

Jeez, JT! If you do another giant "loop" like that again, I'll halfway expect to see you show up at BCJ's or even my doorstep for lunch one of these days! ;)

As Frank just said: "Impressive. Most impressive".My feeling is that one of these days I'm going to snap and just keep driving east until I find something - that may mean my next post will be in the Just Found Arizona thread though. :p

BTW, that route I said I wouldn't do again - I pulled it today when my original plans fell through, exactly nothing new. I did however pick up 4 decent pumpkins for $2 a piece at Rosemead Hate-Mart.

AussieScott
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
TRU Culver City seemed well stocked. If you're there, Star Wars is spread over 3 different areas. There's an end-cap up the front of the store, the "main" aisle display next to Transformers, and another small section in the next aisle over. They had heaps of 4-Lom and General Mcquarrie, a few Torture Hans, etc, but no blue cards or gold coins. The Target next door was much the same but had much more of the latest Legends wave (including all the droids), as well as Gold Coin Marine and R2-D2 (Ep 3 version), both on cards which appeared in good condition. (This was late on a Sunday afternoon too).

Costco at Marina del Rey had a whole PALLET of Ultimate Bumblebees for $69.99.

In Aus we are still only up to Wave 3, but the collectibles are unappreciated there, so Blue Card Chewie doesn't sell any faster than the other figures. Hopefully the same will be true of later waves. The McQuarrie convention exclusives which were dumped on TRU Australia and elsewhere have almost become pegwarmers... You have to clear them out of the way to get to the regular range. No-one appreciates their uniqueness and most are put off by the price...

If anyone sees or has seen a TF Arcee (Scout or Legends class, I'm not fussy) please let me know... my daughter has suddenly taken an interest but, of course, she wants the girl!

stillakid
10-28-2007, 10:30 PM
My feeling is that one of these days I'm going to snap and just keep driving east until I find something - that may mean my next post will be in the Just Found Arizona thread though. :p

Go far enough east and you'll wind up where these things come from. Just remember to bring back enough for the whole class.

Jango Speck
10-29-2007, 12:29 AM
JT- it was no problem, really. Glad you finally have a McVader.

Frank Footer
10-29-2007, 12:32 PM
TRU Los Feliz has changed their hours -- they now open at 9AM. Which for me only meant I was a hour late to stare at bursting pegs full of 'warmers. They even squeezed some really beat-up ROTS Heroes & Villains figures into the SW section. Vintage pegwarmers! Also, the SW endcap in the clearance section off the entrance is gone.

Snagged the new 2-disc widescreen "Shining" at Best Buy next door. Woo hoo!

JediTricks
10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
TRU Los Feliz has changed their hours -- they now open at 9AM. Which for me only meant I was a hour late to stare at bursting pegs full of 'warmers. They even squeezed some really beat-up ROTS Heroes & Villains figures into the SW section. Vintage pegwarmers! Also, the SW endcap in the clearance section off the entrance is gone.Ugh, you have to be f'ing kidding me! 9am is too early for me, I was barely hanging in there when it was 10am. I guess the scalpers petitioned the store to make it easier for them to screw both customers and the store itself over.

darkagent
10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
If anyone sees or has seen a TF Arcee (Scout or Legends class, I'm not fussy) please let me know... my daughter has suddenly taken an interest but, of course, she wants the girl!

If you're still in the Culver City area, I just got back (11am) from the Target on La Cienega and Rodeo and they had a few on the pegs.

JediTricks
10-29-2007, 01:41 PM
If you're still in the Culver City area, I just got back (11am) from the Target on La Cienega and Rodeo and they had a few on the pegs.
For the non-local, the store DA is talking about there is just a couple miles east on Jefferson, the street that TRU and the other Target are on, when Jefferson forks left, take the right fork and a block later is that Target.

Tycho
10-29-2007, 03:03 PM
My TRU opened at 9am today, too. Of course I got there at 10am. :rolleyes:

I found a crushed bubble GALACTIC HEROES Leia Endor and Endor Rebel Soldier. They were cool.

I missed Yoda in Luke's backpack and the Barada & Klaatu packs from GH but I think that's all the ones that are new this wave.

Galactic Heroes rock. I still have no idea why I buy them, why I like them, or why I chew on them, but nevertheless...

There was nothing else there but 1 CZ-4. I guess they got Wave 4 in, but perhaps it sold out in the first hour? CZ's coin was lifted. :rolleyes:

Oh, they also had Transformers Voyager Blackout and Deluxe Scorponok 2-packs, but other than that, no new Transformers.

Jango Speck
10-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Got my Legends Droids from Hasbro today- and they threw in 2 IG-88 figures. Half of my droids are minty fresh, the other half have a slight curve on the right side of the card. So, I'm offering those three for anyone who wants them: TC-14, R4-I9, RA-7, plus 2 VTAC IG-88s.

MicroJow
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Stopped in at the Valencia Walmart today and found a huge stock of new Legends on the shelf - lots of TC-14s, Biker Scouts, etc... and what to me wondering eyes should appear but bits & pieces of... Wave 7! I only picked up Tycho, but they also had the Spirit Anakin and Ewok-captured R2. No McQuarrie Han Solo which is really the only one I wanted when I first saw this wave at C4.

- J

AussieScott
10-29-2007, 07:25 PM
For the non-local, the store DA is talking about there is just a couple miles east on Jefferson, the street that TRU and the other Target are on, when Jefferson forks left, take the right fork and a block later is that Target.

Thanks, didn't read this until it was too late (I'm leaving in a few hours) but I'll be back on Sunday, if anyone spots them in the meantime let me know thanks... (prefer the pink one to the Target Exclusive blue ones).

Called in at Wal-Mart Baldwin Park today, their Star Wars section is small and uninspiring (they have 2 full pegs of Death Star Troopers) but dig a little and I found some gold... a Concept Vader and a Gold Coin Fett. They also had Gold Coins of ANH Vader and Pilot Biggs, if anyone is after them. This was after lunch time (less than 5 hours ago) so obviously this store is not subject to the usual morning feeding frenzy seen elsewhere...

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Long Beach Wal Mart...

Found RA-7's, 2 McQuarrie Vaders, 3 McQuarrie Snowtroopers, R4-19's, and a bunch of SL Scouts, also found 2 SL TC-14's, but that's another story in another thread :( LOTS of UGH r2's, mace and the prequel red snowtrooper looking guy (you can tell I'm VERY into the prequels HAHA) and the racks were filled with sandtroopers but ALL of them were super dirty orange paldron :( Also the usual suspects of wave's 4, 5 and 6. Anakin with his shirt off was there and yoda on the kybuck(sp?) as well. I don't stash cuz sadly, I don't have anyone to stash for but if anyone's ever looking for anything, let me know, I'll do my best to help!

gambitguru
10-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Long Beach Wal Mart...

Found RA-7's, 2 McQuarrie Vaders, 3 McQuarrie Snowtroopers, R4-19's, and a bunch of SL Scouts, also found 2 SL TC-14's, but that's another story in another thread :( LOTS of UGH r2's, mace and the prequel red snowtrooper looking guy (you can tell I'm VERY into the prequels HAHA) and the racks were filled with sandtroopers but ALL of them were super dirty orange paldron :( Also the usual suspects of wave's 4, 5 and 6. Anakin with his shirt off was there and yoda on the kybuck(sp?) as well. I don't stash cuz sadly, I don't have anyone to stash for but if anyone's ever looking for anything, let me know, I'll do my best to help!

awww....man i need some mcsnowies, never seen at retail. i think all of us here are looking for snowies. if you see any please stash

figrin bran
10-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Ugh, you have to be f'ing kidding me! 9am is too early for me, I was barely hanging in there when it was 10am. I guess the scalpers petitioned the store to make it easier for them to screw both customers and the store itself over.

They change the opening times at TRU to 9 am around this time every year.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
awww....man i need some mcsnowies, never seen at retail. i think all of us here are looking for snowies. if you see any please stash

Will do! :thumbsup::whip:

stillakid
10-29-2007, 10:04 PM

Yeah, what the hell is a McSnowie? I'm pretty sure it's just a rumor. :mad:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2007, 10:11 PM

Next one I find is yours and (knock on wood) I've been lucky in McSnow department found 5 so far but already gave them to other people and ok for reals now, I have from Dec 19th to end of January off from school/work, can we PLEASE do dinner...I will drive up to your location as I likes to be gettin' out o' the LBC from time to time...see what living here is doing to my language?????????? :whip:

Cataclizm1
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
... and what to me wondering eyes should appear but bits & pieces of... Wave 7! I only picked up Tycho, but they also had the Spirit Anakin and Ewok-captured R2. No McQuarrie Han Solo which is really the only one I wanted when I first saw this wave at C4.

- J
Crap I still need some of wave 5.

stillakid
10-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Next one I find is yours and (knock on wood) I've been lucky in McSnow department found 5 so far but already gave them to other people and ok for reals now, I have from Dec 19th to end of January off from school/work, can we PLEASE do dinner...I will drive up to your location as I likes to be gettin' out o' the LBC from time to time...see what living here is doing to my language?????????? :whip:

YES. I'll be in China from this Friday until around Thanksgiving. Then...nada. :love:

Jango Speck
10-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Crap I still need some of wave 5.

What do you need?

Update: For those of you who are finding loads of wave 7 at Walmart, would you please grab me a McSolo? Thanks.

gambitguru
10-30-2007, 01:45 AM

yea mcsnowie, you can order one at mcdonalds, right after you order a butterfinger mcflurry.

went to walmart tonight no wave 7. they had a lot of legend boxes. i estimate to be around 4-5 boxes of legneds. wave 4 and 5 revision 4.4,1, 3(dont really know the revisions. there was one guy there having a field day with hot wheels i say he opened around 6 boxes and got all treasure hunts.
pm for which walmat.

toonimator
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Picked up a 2nd McVader & 2nd CZ-4 this morning at Burbank Target. UGH Mace & Marine were hanging out, too, and some Legends.

Commtech
10-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Stashed a white pauldron clean fan choice sandtrooper at Burbank Target. PM for location.

gambitguru
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
all the saga legends droids(R4-19, RA-7, TC-14 ) up right now at hasbrotoyshop.com, time is 1045am

went to a buena park taget off the 91. nothing

Commtech
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Stashed a white pauldron clean fan choice sandtrooper at Burbank Target. PM for location.

stash has been claimed.

Luuuuuuke
10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Specifically, the RAID controller on the server died

I'm sure billions of cochroaches around the world are celebrating this development.

Jango Speck
10-30-2007, 03:32 PM
all the saga legends droids(R4-19, RA-7, TC-14 ) up right now at hasbrotoyshop.com, time is 1045am

went to a buena park taget off the 91. nothing

I have an extra of each of those- will be returning them to Target later tonight if no one is interested. One of them has a slightly bent card.

Cataclizm1
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Torrance Walmart didn't have anything worthwhile today.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
N. Long Beach Wal Mart...

they put a LOAD of figures SL waves 1 and 2 and TAC waves 4 and 6 into a HUGE bin, making it very difficult to get anything out from the middle down. I did happen upon a TC-14 down at the bottom and I worked it up with no damage to the card AND I had no problem purchasing it at this particular wal mart! No "recall", no "do not sell" Nothing else worth mentioning.

Cataclizm1
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I hate when they do that bin crap!

Kidhuman
10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Have any of you guys received the McSnowys from HTS yet? I called today and mine are still backordered.

gambitguru
10-30-2007, 06:28 PM
I hate when they do that bin crap!

yea i've seen that at a lancaster walmart, last week. they had figs in a bin. but the majority of the bin was older figs. i forget the line but it had windu's droid the purple one, a couple clones and saga legends

Frank Footer
10-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Have any of you guys received the McSnowys from HTS yet? I called today and mine are still backordered.

Hell, I'm still waiting on my McVader, which has been backordered for weeks. Hope your McSnowys show up soon!

Turbowars
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, good to see that some of you guys scored wave 7! I canceled my HTS order today for a few reasons, mostly because they are morons! Anyways, I need

2 Tat Annie's
2 Hammer Jedi's
Clean Orange and white Sandy's
Oh and can't forget about a few Mc Snowy's. ;)

Jango Speck
10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
My HTS order was shipped, but the Biker Scouts are still pending. Is it possible to cancel that part of the order and get it refunded?

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, this time I decided to try to avoid the scalper scum and headed northeast instead into the valley. As Deoxy already knows, I found a couple figs. :thumbsup: Then I kept driving, and driving, and driving. :p The Topanga Canyon blvd exit off the 118 is breathtaking, there's an amazing rock formation right after you make that left (the namesake of Stoney Point state park, I'll wager). Here are my sightings from the trip:
Panorama City WM - 1 mangled UGH Biggs.
Van Nuys Target - 1 Hermi Odle, 1 3PO/Salacious, mine now. Sitting right on the front of the pegs, very odd.
Porter Ranch WM - nada.
Porter Ranch TRU - tons of Saggy Legends, nothing new from the looks of it, just 2 TAC figs.
Canoga Park Target - 3 UGHs and McVader, I bought an UGH Galactic Marine and McVader. (McVader's up for trade, I need McLeia and McSnowie and my god are these McNames dopey)
West Hills WM - mountain of SLs and old TAC.
West Hills Target - nothing, but how wild is it that there's a Target and WM in the same shopping center? There's a Kohls too, but I've never been and heard they only occasionally have SW, I was burned out on walking through stores by then.
Woodland Hills TRU - zip, spotted it on the way to the 101 for the trip home and figured WTF.So that route was another 60 miles, just like my easterly route, and it took around the same 4 hours with all the stopping, plus early lunch at Porter Ranch In-n-Out (it smelled sooo good to not go there, the place is like an old folks' home though with all the elderly customers). All in all, I did the 101, 170, 405, 118, highway 27, and finally the 101 back.

I have an extra Malak and Hermi Odle. Anyone want to trade for UGHs?You still have Malak? If so, I have an UGH Galactic Marine with your name on it. I would have gotten you that UGH Biggs but it was kinda ravaged.

They change the opening times at TRU to 9 am around this time every year.I guess I'll be missing openings, maybe I'll hit the Sunday 10am openings still but I doubt it. At least I won't have to look at the frelling scalper scum though.

I'm sure billions of cochroaches around the world are celebrating this development.7 months ago much? ;)

Anyways, I need
2 Hammer Jedi'sI have an extra Roron Corobb for ya's.

My wants list is finally down to a feeling of non-horror:
Darth Malak (unless Speck has one for me)
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
2x McQuarrie Concept Starkiller Hero
2x McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper (although I may have a lead on 1)
all of wave 7
SL Sandtrooper with Evolutions body and weapon: http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/IMG_7358.jpg
Transformers Masterpiece Starscream (WM-exclusive)

gambitguru
10-30-2007, 09:38 PM
All in all, I did the 101, 170, 405, 118, highway 27, and finally the 101 back.

i was trying to fig it out, but you didnt go on the 5?

Kidhuman
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
My HTS order was shipped, but the Biker Scouts are still pending. Is it possible to cancel that part of the order and get it refunded?

I should say it is because they shorted me a figure on a shipment and when I called about it, they asked me if I wanted:

A) To wait until they had more in stock to ship
B) Credit on the site
C) Refund

So, you should get those choices at least

Deoxyribonucleic
10-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh and can't forget about a few Mc Snowy's. ;)

They keep harrassing me to take them to their rightful owner! :whip:

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
i was trying to fig it out, but you didnt go on the 5?That would have been a more direct trip, but my first destination was Panorama City which is up the 101, it turns into the 170 then I get off on Roscoe. From that WM (it's about 2 miles west of the Roscoe offramp), another mile west is the 405 and eventually there's the 118, soon after is Porter Ranch exit. The 405 picks up the 118 only a mile west of the 5, so the 5 absolutely would have been a smarter choice if I had cut Panorama City out of the list (but that's 2 stores, the Target was my best find too).

I should probably check out the 5 north soon, I already know that the 5 south from my place is as convoluted as the devil's rectum so I try to avoid it at all costs - I even drive an extra mile down Vermont ave and sit in heavy traffic on the 101 south there when I need the 10 or 60 because the 5 is just a horror show.

They keep harrassing me to take them to their rightful owner! :whip:How can you understand them under that crazy helmet design and its skirt? :p

Cataclizm1
10-30-2007, 10:31 PM
HTS has most of the new Marvel Legends wave and FF4 wave in stock. But sold out of Hydra Soldier, Sue Storm, and Namor.

JediTricks
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Sue Storm (aka the Invisible Broad ;)) and Namor were at Baldwin Park WM on Sunday (they were on a separate island near the far end of toys), first time I had seen Sue. No Hydra Soldiers. The Thing is the star of this wave IMO, I've not seen Silver Surfer in person or the Hydra Soldier, but Dr Doom who should have been good just looks very plain.

Tycho
10-30-2007, 11:39 PM
JT, I'm going to tell Al Gore on you that you're contributing to global warming! ;)

K M Toydarian
10-31-2007, 01:06 AM

Mine were ordered Oct 11. Web account says estimated delivery Oct 24, but does not show they are shipped yet. I did notice they were available at some paoint after I ordered so I guess they are really backed up.

Commtech
10-31-2007, 02:04 AM
...but Dr Doom who should have been good just looks very plain.

Have you seen it in person? That Dr. Doom for me, is the best version so far. But that's just my opinion.:yes:

Cataclizm1
10-31-2007, 02:18 AM
ALL the FF4 and ML Brood figures back in stock now at HTS! Plus free shipping and save $10 if your order is over $50 with code FTIER7. Plus they threw in a free Dr. Octopus Titanium paperweight!

JediTricks
10-31-2007, 03:25 AM
JT, I'm going to tell Al Gore on you that you're contributing to global warming! ;)Says the man driving the SUV that gets nearly half the mileage of my sporty 4-banger coupe.

Have you seen it in person? That Dr. Doom for me, is the best version so far. But that's just my opinion.:yes:Yes, they had several for me to examine and pass up, I was very disappointed in how underwhelming his armor looked, both in sculpt and in that crappy milky gray plastic they try to pass off as silver.

darkagent
10-31-2007, 10:28 AM
ALL the FF4 and ML Brood figures back in stock now at HTS! Plus free shipping and save $10 if your order is over $50 with code FTIER7. Plus they threw in a free Dr. Octopus Titanium paperweight!

I tried the code out, and all I got was the $10 off. They were still charging for shipping.

darkagent
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Have you seen it in person? That Dr. Doom for me, is the best version so far. But that's just my opinion.:yes:

I got to agree with Commtech. I think Doom is the best figure in this wave. I also like the Thing too, but he's just way to small. Come on, the Invisible Woman looks taller than he does.

Cataclizm1
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I tried the code out, and all I got was the $10 off. They were still charging for shipping.
I think your merchandise total has to be at least $50 to get the free shipping.

Frank Footer
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
McSnowies! McSnowies! McSnowies!

HTS right now -- 11:50AM. Starkiller, Pre-Grievous, etc. Go go go!

MicroJow
10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Holy cow... they have all the McQuarries in stock except for Luke and Chewie! They even have the Obi-Wan & Yoda set! Hopefully anyone who orders will actually get their items!

- J

K M Toydarian
10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Reven, Malak, McQuarries all on HTS NOW!

BlueSnags
10-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Just grabbed an army of McSnowies. Good times.

-Snags:laugh:

gambitguru
10-31-2007, 02:34 PM
any body know discount codes for hts.com

BlueSnags
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
CATWEB10 will get you 10% off

Update: McSnowies GONE - rest are still available.

-Snags

tom brokaw
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM

McSnowies and McStarkiller GONE

-Snags

thanks bluesnags. i tried using my AAA discount but for some reason it was not working. comes to about $9.13 not bad considering driving around town for them. i only got 2. hopefully i can find more at retail.

gambitguru
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM

McSnowies and McStarkiller GONE

-Snags

thanks snags.

went to target granada hills. nothing

target nordhoff. finally picked up a serpentor. SW just a bunch of legends

wow even the mc-vader, starkiller, stormie, obiwan are up right now time is 12:45pac

toonimator
10-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Dammit. Of all the days to have HTS blocked at work...

orionlukteel
10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Good thing I check "LA found" due to frequent (and usually no-time-to-shop)stops out your way, or I never would have known about the HTS additions. Knocked out all of my remaining wants in one big swoop.

2x McStarkiller, McYoda/Obi-Wan, Revan, and Malak, all at once.

Thanks for the heads up, guys, this is why I love the forums!

caveat - ObiWan-Yoda not slated to ship until 12/4???? That's screwed up.

CrunchyNug
10-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Due to the limit on McFigures, I was forced to place 2 orders but I got 4 McTroopers & 4 McSnowies and a bunch more army builders. Good times!!!

Cataclizm1
10-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Yes! I just ordered Starkiller, Revan, and Premie Grevie. Also I just went to Walmart and found most of wave 7. I picked up the last Tycho and the Ewok 2-pack. Somebody beat me to the McSolos. I passed on Spirit of Anakin and R2 captured. Also they rang up $2.50. Score!

wampaslayr
10-31-2007, 05:57 PM
TRU Valencia had all Wave 6 including McSnowies. Picked up the only 2 they had on the pegs. Nothing at WalMart Stevenson Ranch. Picked up green clone, orange pit droids and orange pauldron sandtrooper with rifle at WalMart Kelly Johnson Parkway. Nothing at Target Valencia.

gambitguru
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
TRU Valencia had all Wave 6 including McSnowies. Picked up the only 2 they had on the pegs. Nothing at WalMart Stevenson Ranch. Picked up green clone, orange pit droids and orange pauldron sandtrooper with rifle at WalMart Kelly Johnson Parkway. Nothing at Target Valencia.

if you see any more mcsnowies that you dont want please stash. thanks

Commtech
10-31-2007, 06:53 PM
I want to thank Cataclizm for hooking me up with a Clayface figure. Thanks man!

Still looking for Cyborg_Superman (not the 12 inch from TRU) from the DC Superheros line. If someone sees one, please stash or buy for me. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-31-2007, 07:04 PM
WOw, just got 2 Ben and Yodas.

For you guys that ordered the McSnowies, alot of us are still awaiting the first orders from the beginning of the month

MicroJow
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I've always used Hasbro Toy Shop as more of a "safety net" than a place to actually get stuff at. I still search the stores, but if something turns up on HTS, I'll order it... then if it arrives, great. And if I find the same item in a store before HTS ships, I either cancel the order or wait for it to arrive, then return it to the store.

- J

figrin bran
11-01-2007, 12:05 AM
The TC-14 and RA-7 that I ordered from HTS arrived today

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
McSnowies! McSnowies! McSnowies!

HTS right now -- 11:50AM. Starkiller, Pre-Grievous, etc. Go go go!
D'oh! The one time I had run out of the house! :mad:

Decided to make another run, try to expedite it, it shaved off an hour but still runs a little longer than my trips east. I did get Darth Malak though.

Panorama City WM - nada

Porter Ranch WM - shirtless Anakin, 3PO w/ Salacious, Roron, UGH Biggs.

Porter Ranch TRU - frustration. There was a Hasbro rep there doing shelving, I pointed out to her that the ample SW pegs had only 4 TAC figures and dozens of SL, she didn't know the diff. I explained it to her by showing her the tags' and cards' Hasbro assortment numbers, she said she got what I was saying and from now on she'd take notice of that when doing her job. This is a HASBRO rep mind you! I go to the front desk with a tag to see if they have 'em in backstock, the system shows 139 units, all on the floor already - they're counting SL as TAC!!! That means they will never ever be able to order more TAC until this is rectified! I'm going to give Hasbro both barrels on this matter.

Canoga Park Target - nothing until I forced the issue. They have 8 TAC pegs and 4 SL pegs, but less than a dozen TAC figs on those bursting pegs. I scanned a DCPI sticker for the TAC, they had some in stock, I made them bring me new figs (it worked because he had me stand at the phone, if he had seen the pegs it would have been more of a pain in the ***). His scanner showed 1 case in stock, when he came back, the "case" was wave 5 and had been horribly raided, he didn't even bring me the box, just Roron, 2 Yoda/Kybucks, Darth Malak, and 3PO, and plunked them next to the phone instead of on the pegs. I thanked him and took Malak, then put the other 4 on the pegs.

West Hills WM - mountain of SLs and old TAC again, but more organized. There was a wave 1 case, me and another collector had an employee open it for us (there was plenty of room on the pegs) and it turned out to be SL wave 1!!! That is SOOOOO wrong, not even hauling in McStormies!

Woodland Hills TRU - wave 4 and 6 remnants.

Now my "stash or grab for me" list looks like this:

Pre-Cyborg Grievous
2x McQuarrie Concept Starkiller Hero
McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
all of wave 7
SL Sandtrooper with Evolutions body and weapon: http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/IMG_7358.jpg
Transformers Masterpiece Starscream (WM-exclusive)
On that last one, the West Hills WM employee was aware of the item and said he's expecting it in the first or second week of Nov... which this is, but I bet he means next week.

Navtek
11-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Target Point Loma was decent today. I picked up a full set of GI JOE Wave 2 singles there's one set left along with a Cobra Commander, White Timber, and a couple of Stormshadows.
Nothing good Star Wars wise but they did have an Deluxe Arcee on the pegs.
Not sure how other areas have been but I saw the Marvel Spiderman 3 build a figure wave on the pegs for the first time. I saw all but MJ.
Also they had an 18" Target exclusive Silver Surfer which seemed new but hey, I don't get out much.

Cataclizm1
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Not sure how other areas have been but I saw the Marvel Spiderman 3 build a figure wave on the pegs for the first time. I saw all but MJ.

Be thankful she wasn't there. She is the most hideous ML female EVER, next to Scarlet Witch.

Navtek
11-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Be thankful she wasn't there. She is the most hideous ML female EVER, next to Scarlet Witch.
Wow, thanks for the warning :D. I can't really get into the Marvel's that much though (aside from my Sideshow Mary Jane which is my pride and joy). I have picked up a couple of DC figures though. But comic wise, why doesn't Dynamite get into the figure mix? It be nice if they had something to offer something besides a $300 Red Sonja.

K M Toydarian
11-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Multi color AOTC clones and Pre-Grevious up on HTS now.

BlueSnags
11-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Multi color AOTC clones and Pre-Grevious up on HTS now.

Every color but the damn green one I still need. :mad:

-Snags

Jango Speck
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh the irony. My new job leaves me practically no time for the hunt. I'm too tired to trek up to WM. Hasbro is flooded with stuff I really wanted several weeks ago, but avoided and bought full cases of online (with unwanted extras). TRU is opening an hour earlier, and I am caught up, until wave 7 arrives at my door (plus an extra McSolo please). This time of year makes me tense...

Please, when Tantive IV BP's go on clearance, please grab some for me!

stillakid
11-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I have several orders still pending with Entertainment Earth, for several months now. If I happen to be around when things I want go on sale at HasbroToyShop.com, I consider myself fortunate. But still no McSnowies there or on the occasions I get to a Target or ToysRUs. It's irritating.

Jango Speck
11-02-2007, 12:26 AM
I have several orders still pending with Entertainment Earth, for several months now. If I happen to be around when things I want go on sale at HasbroToyShop.com, I consider myself fortunate. But still no McSnowies there or on the occasions I get to a Target or ToysRUs. It's irritating.

In 2006, I ended up cancelling 90% of all my EE pre-orders because I'd find everything at retail before they shipped my cases. I pre-ordered with NFC this year, and am very close to doing the same thing. Since HTS seems to be doing better, albeit later than retail, I may not pre-order any cases next year.

figrin bran
11-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered 2 Red clones and 2 blues from HTS.

K M Toydarian
11-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I have to agree, if HTS can maintain this selection, even though you do have to jump to get the hard to finds, I may be done with ordering cases with unwanted extras just for a few, as well.
I'll still look at retail when I can, but no more impulse preorders.

I did notice green wasn't in stock after I posted. Has he been seen in stores yet?

wampaslayr
11-02-2007, 01:49 AM
WalMart Supercenter (24 hr) in Canyon Country had remnants of wave 5. There were lots of cases to be put out. One full case of Wave 5 ready to be pegged. Picked up a couple of the gold coin UGH figures tonight.

wampaslayr
11-02-2007, 01:53 AM
JediTricks, you have a PM.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-02-2007, 03:09 AM

I had wave 4 and 6 on order at EE and they kept moving the dates farther and farther forward so I canceled both because I found all of these at retail and then some! I understand they are moving but it shouldn't take MONTHS to get back on track.

JediTricks
11-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on Pre-Cyborg Grievous on HTS, I grabbed him and the Trade Fed Battleship in Ep 3 colors with the 10% discount - still too much with shipping for my tastes (yes, I know, cheaper than gas, but still I don't like paying it), but it feels good to get another fig off my list.

I did notice green wasn't in stock after I posted. Has he been seen in stores yet?I am pretty sure I saw a green one not too long ago.

JediTricks, you have a PM.Response sent.

I had wave 4 and 6 on order at EE and they kept moving the dates farther and farther forward so I canceled both because I found all of these at retail and then some! I understand they are moving but it shouldn't take MONTHS to get back on track.Wow, that sucks. I know some of it was Hasbro's fault as they kept pushing product back, but this move seemed like it came at the wrong time, doing it right before their busiest season meant sacrifices had to be made by the current customers.

toonimator
11-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Ordered a pair of blues, a McV, a Roron, and ML Cyke & Doom (Marvel Girl & Black Knight still OOS!). Not too bad, and I get a free Bossk! Just need a couple McSnowies, an extra Starkiller or two, and (of course) the recently-found ROTJ wave: bunch of Tychos, a few Ewok packs, a few McHans, and that should do it... until the NEXT wave
:whip:

Cataclizm1
11-02-2007, 03:40 AM
I got a free Han Solo VOTC with my order the other day.

Tycho
11-02-2007, 07:15 AM
I bought a green stripe AOTC sergeant and a Super Battle Droid yesterday in Target. I don't know why. I guess the Droid (and 1 more, plus another reg droid 2-pack) will expand my Separatist forces for Mygeeto, as that whole scene with Ki Adi Mundi appears to be enlarging because of the Octopara Droids for next year and the AT-AP especially. :rolleyes:

I buy SW and there has barely been anything for me to buy (nor do I want that much from upcoming waves - as there is a lot I'm not ever buying - Ghost of Hayden, Blue Vader, and I actually am reluctant to admit it, but I don't really need a Tycho figure for anything (I'd buy him in an X-wing Uniform I'd guess).

So I buy this stuff. I AM going to get 3 sets of the Ewoks though - and hopefully find more Starkillers.

Heck, I don't even know why I'm posting this. I bet no one cares. It's 5am and I'd rather I could go back to sleep. I don't even really care to go to my 24 hr Wal-Mart. But I might if I really rule out being able to return to sleep.

wampaslayr
11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
JT you have a PM

toonimator
11-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Picked up a white-pauldron clean Sandie, an extra M'iiyoom for fodder, and a CZ-4 this morning at Burbank Target. Also stashed the McVader that was there.

McStormie, McFett, Revan, and Malak are up on HTS! Still no McSnowies or Starkillers.

Frank Footer
11-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Picked up a white-pauldron clean Sandie, an extra M'iiyoom for fodder, and a CZ-4 this morning at Burbank Target. Also stashed the McVader that was there.

I was arriving just as you were leaving (if that was you). I noticed the UGH Luke & Han, and a Shock Trooper, too (hadn't seen one on pegs previously).

Los Feliz TRU was rife with skeevy-looking folks at opening -- a leather-jacketed guy clearly in his late-60s, a grubby guy in a hockey jersey & good ol' Dirty Sanchez. There was a lot of jockeying for position & powerwalking when the doors opened (with no respect for who was there first) -- I hate having to compete with these guys. Anyhoo, there was nothing new re: SW. The creepies headed right towards the TF & Cars sections. I overheard an employee saying to another early-arriver that they didn't get a truck today.

MicroJow
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
There was a lot of jockeying for position & powerwalking when the doors opened (with no respect for who was there first)

We had a conversation about this here a month or so back. Personally, I stick by the "first person there is the first person there" rule, but a lot of people didn't agree with me.

There's this one guy who started coming to the Target I frequent and one day, although he was the last one there, when the doors opened he zoomed ahead of everyone - Hot Wheels guys included - and got to the aisles first.

He later told us "I wasn't trying to get ahead of YOU guys... it was that other guy!" One of the Hot Wheels guys then told him that it didn't matter WHO he was trying to get in front of. He got there last and if he tried that again, he was getting knocked into the greeting card rack.

And that's the kind of crap I like to avoid - the threats and violence. I'm not much for violence over toys. But there's no excuse for being downright rude.

The new guy still comes to the Target but he's a little more respectful of the other human beings in line nowadays.

- J

Tycho
11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Yup MicroJow - I was "that guy" once upon a time - close to Christmas - years ago. And another regular and I got into a shoving match at Wal-Mart concerning this (before my stores were 24 hr).

I too had regarded all the other guys as "Hot Wheels guys" and it not really mattering whether I arrived last and entered first, because I was doing Star Wars.

Another guy - whom I don't know was a scalper, but who I originally did NOT take for one - got into it with me. He always went to Hot Wheels first, too. So I didn't think it mattered what I did in SW, plus I'd have shared SW with him anyway, but I guess he didn't trust me for that.

The thing was, he had first stopped speaking to me entirely, like a year before this happened. That was totally the wrong approach. I didn't know and wasn't observant enough to see any unspoken "rule" to this. He might have addressed the issue with me before first choosing to "go silent" and then later to start shoving. And you're right - it's just over TOYS :rolleyes:

plasticfetish
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I wonder how much fun the employees have watching the security tapes of people pushing, shoving and running after the store's opened. lol

Kidhuman
11-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I wonder how much fun the employees have watching the security tapes of people pushing, shoving and running after the store's opened. lol

I had lots of fun watching these people, especially on Black Friday. I had to break up many a fist fight on that day. We would usually let them beat each other down and then grab em both up.

AussieScott
11-02-2007, 08:10 PM
This might sound like an amateurish question, but... what's the story behind the 501st legion Stormtrooper figure? Was he a convention exclusive or something? I've never seen one before today, but have just seen some at retail and wonder whether it's worth putting some away for the future. Thanks.

MicroJow
11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
That was last year's (2006) San Diego Comic Con exclusive. One of them, anyway. They seem to multiply year by year.

- J

AussieScott
11-02-2007, 08:24 PM
That was last year's (2006) San Diego Comic Con exclusive. One of them, anyway. They seem to multiply year by year.

- J

Thanks, TRU Aus seems to have become a dumping ground for unsold Convention stock. Concept Ben/Yoda has actually become a pegwarmer...

The 501st Stormtrooper is actually cheaper ($12.99 Aus) than the standard TAC range ($14.99 Aus each) which is why I was wondering. Hopefully it means that the recent movements in exchange rates are finally filtering through...

When did you guys get Wave 4 by the way? We've still got Concept Chewie cluttering the shelves as well... something new before Christmas would be nice...

JediTricks
11-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks wampaslayr for the stashin'!

So today I decided to check out the 3 WMs north of the valley...

Valencia WM had McVader and SL Biker Scout.

Valencia TRU had nothing great.

West Santa Clarita WM had RA-7 and a lot of SL.

Santa Clarita WM had UGH Luke, UGH Han, McVader, Hermi Odle x2, Animated Fett x2, and a couple other items I don't remember.

I picked up Hermi if anybody needs him.

So now my want list is down by 1 McLeia thanks to Wampa!

wampaslayr
11-02-2007, 11:54 PM
You're welcome, JT. Glad it was still there.

Jango Speck
11-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Last Call!

I'm returning Hermi Odle and Darth Malak if nobody needs them. I'll wait until Sunday evening. I also have an extra VTAC IG-88 that I'll trade for any basic figure I need, or some "Cars" cars.

Hasbro cracks me up: they shipped my partial order and it arrived with the free VTAC IG-88, plus an extra IG-88. The remainder of the order just shipped, and includes: IG-88 and Hasbro cases- but the Hasbro cases arrived in the first shipment. Should be an interesting box to open next week.

darkagent
11-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Came home tonight and was actually surprised to see my Wave 4 case from Entertainment Earth waiting for me. I thought I was never going to get it. ;)

Jango Speck
11-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Came home tonight and was actually surprised to see my Wave 4 case from Entertainment Earth waiting for me. I thought I was never going to get it. ;)

Congratulations, but that is really sad. Unless you ordered way too late, EE should have been able to get you a wave 4 case long before now. This is why most of us aren't ordering from EE anymore- that and the lack of local will-call pickup.

darkagent
11-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Congratulations, but that is really sad. Unless you ordered way too late, EE should have been able to get you a wave 4 case long before now. This is why most of us aren't ordering from EE anymore- that and the lack of local will-call pickup.

This was for the UGH McStormie revision case. I'd place an oder for all the reviosion cases the first day they went up on EE. I'd cancelled the rest long ago, but still had this one on order because I hadn't found the UGH McStormie yet. This was my last order from EE too.

Tycho
11-03-2007, 03:53 AM
My stores are SO not getting any SW. I know one of my Wal-Marts has boxes of Wave 6 in its storage (buried and thus unaccessable) so it registers that the store doesn't need inventory. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, both stores got in cases upon cases of Transformers Deluxes, so my guess is that 2008 BumbleBee will be easier to get - at least for the overnight hunter / scalpers.

I want 5 McLeia Starkillers (loose, damaged, carded, whatever).

I need the Ewoks only really - that's about all I'm getting of Wave 7. Oh and maybe 3 McHan's.

And I hope to see Voyager Ironhide / Voyager Ratchet (original green) ship again, as now I'd pick those up.

The McFigures are for background humans in my dioramas. I'm not a McQuarrie collector. But surely my uses for them (extras in Cloud City, Club Outlander, my Pod Race Audience, etc.) are better than any scalper's).

BlueSnags
11-03-2007, 01:58 PM
A Fireside Chat With Snags
Today's Topic: Entertainment Earth

The problem with EE is two-fold:

1. The dumbasses moved their warehouse from The Center Of The Universe LA to Podunk, Texas - alienating their entire California customer base by making them pay tax and shipping, plus eliminating the convenience of will-call.

2. EE is now a middle man (or, a "distributor") between Hasbro and smaller companies (who get a big price break if they buy in large quantities). The first cases EE gets from Hasbro go right to the guys who bought in bulk, not the collectors who might order one case. Even if you ordered a case 5 min after they put it online, there's a good chance you're going to get it 2-3 months later than everyone else (if you get it at all).

To summarize: EE blows.

-Snags

plasticfetish
11-03-2007, 02:46 PM
1. The dumbasses moved their warehouse from The Center Of The Universe LA to Podunk, Texas - alienating their entire California customer base by making them pay tax and shipping, plus eliminating the convenience of will-call.I think you'd be surprised by how many companies run their distribution out of Texas.

...and by just how not "Center Of The Universe" LA really is.

2. EE is now a middle man (or, a "distributor") between Hasbro and smaller companiesWhich is a huge benefit for those smaller places that want to sell things like Star Wars figures, but can't afford to deal with Hasbro directly.

Jango Speck
11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I read Snags' message with a heavy sprinkle of sarcasm.

plasticfetish
11-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Dude... where's the :rolleyes: then?

;)

figrin bran
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
My stores are SO not getting any SW. I know one of my Wal-Marts has boxes of Wave 6 in its storage (buried and thus unaccessable) so it registers that the store doesn't need inventory. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, both stores got in cases upon cases of Transformers Deluxes, so my guess is that 2008 BumbleBee will be easier to get - at least for the overnight hunter / scalpers.

I found tons of new TF deluxes at WM today. I even caved in and got an extra 08 Bumblebee thanks to your influence Tycho! My excuse is that some of the black stripes on my 1st one have chipped/rubbed off :p

I also got Lady Jaye and Beachhead at the same WM.

TRU Los Feliz still had a Cars Andretti on the pegs at noon time so I grabbed that one up.

Glendale Target had remnants of wave 5

Tycho
11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I found tons of new TF deluxes at WM today. I even caved in and got an extra 08 Bumblebee thanks to your influence Tycho! My excuse is that some of the black stripes on my 1st one have chipped/rubbed off :p

Yeah, well if you never transform him, your paint aps will be fine. Open 2, leave 1 in each mode. Handle them both carefully when you do. (Of course you can transform him once in a while - carefully) Buy a 3rd for a carded back-up if you're still concerned. I mean am I a bad influence about this? Not really.

We joke around a lot and my TF tagline is "these are transformers - they're not meant to be transformed." But while it's easier to sound like I'm kidding, $20 extra spent on BumbleBees says I'm not.

Meanwhile, I found WAVE 4 of the COMIC 2-PACKS today at Target and my oh my is Baron Fel a great figure! All around super-articulation. A cool gun-in-holster. A lot of separable accessories from chest armor, TIE Fighter Pilot helmet, air hoses and control box. He's all-around nicely done and gave me pause to question whether A'Sharad retains his position as my top figure of the year (he does, but Fel warrants serious consideration - I just think I like the lightsabers and convertable Tusken weapon better).

I also got the rest of the Galactic Heroes sets and Luke Dagobah w. Yoda on his back is seriuosly cute. Dang I wish I could refrain from saying that, but it wouldn't be honest.

Jango Speck
11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
It looks like I'll be getting my NFC wave 7 case in the next couple of weeks. (now that these are showing up at retail :rolleyes:) Any doubles will be up for grabs.

toonimator
11-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Meanwhile, I found WAVE 4 of the COMIC 2-PACKS today at Target and my oh my is Baron Fel a great figure! All around super-articulation. A cool gun-in-holster. A lot of separable accessories from chest armor, TIE Fighter Pilot helmet, air hoses and control box. He's all-around nicely done and gave me pause to question whether A'Sharad retains his position as my top figure of the year (he does, but Fel warrants serious consideration - I just think I like the lightsabers and convertable Tusken weapon better).
Obviously I'm a LOT harder to please than you. Fel is gigantic, like ROTS Bail (my theory is they were sculpted by the same guy/team, particularly since Fel's got pretty big & gnarly hands like Bail, too), and his helmet's too small. It fits him fine, but it looks ridiculous if you compare a shot of him geared up with ANY actual still from the film of a TIE Pilot. The helmets are HUGE. Also, Hasbro's choice of aping specific pieces of art rather than the overall appearance of the character or common sense is leaving a sour taste. Luke's blue saber, NJO Luke's ANH/ESB hilt, Fel's cover-based reference (yet not on the included issue) meaning lack of gloves & goatee and addition of vambraces, yet NOT including an accurate sidearm (or, at least, one more accurate than the oft-used and completely INaccurate Scout pistol), Mouse's cover-based yet interior-inaccurate appearance (the latter also applying to Basso, since he lacks a pauldron), Luke & Deena's uber-cheap builds with incorrect ranks (and Deena's incorrect uniform, which is forgivable only because it's an SA female Imp body perfect for customizing), Mara's giant blaster, etc. Also not crazy about Hett's super-fat leather-wrapped hilt, though I really dig the figure a lot. Ankles would've been lovely on him, since his are rather warped.

Despite my MANY complaints (sorry!) I still love the line, and love getting the EU figures. And Fel's gear looks FANTASTIC on a DS Gunner. :)

Tycho
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I agree with Toominator's points above - and still like my Fel figure.

But with those points Toominator made, I think A'Sharad takes the cake.

Cataclizm1
11-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Has anyone's HTS orders from 10/31 or later shipped yet?

figrin bran
11-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah, well if you never transform him, your paint aps will be fine. Open 2, leave 1 in each mode. Handle them both carefully when you do. (Of course you can transform him once in a while - carefully) Buy a 3rd for a carded back-up if you're still concerned. I mean am I a bad influence about this? Not really.

We joke around a lot and my TF tagline is "these are transformers - they're not meant to be transformed." But while it's easier to sound like I'm kidding, $20 extra spent on BumbleBees says I'm not.

Sure but the paint apps shouldn't even be a problem. I've kept most of the G1 TF's I had as a kid and the paints apps have held up quite fine for the most part.

BlueSnags
11-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Picked up two McSnowtroopers from Anaheim Walmart tonight.

Called HasbroToyShop and apparently all the figures I ordered on 10/31 have shipped already (McSnowies, McStormies, Orange Pit Droid).

-Snags

Luuuuuuke
11-04-2007, 02:14 AM
The Hunt for Grievous battlepacks are hitting Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure Pico Rivera Wal-Mart had em(they had several cases with wave 4.5 on them, and later when I went to Baldwin Park Wal-Mart, I saw the had HFG. So I put 2 and 2. I didn't get any. I got 2 from TRU and that's all I wanted.

I've gravitated toward buying 25th anniversary G.I Joe figures that look like commandos or ninjas in the last week. I actually think GI Joe and He-Man are two of the dumbest cartoons ever, but I did collect both when I was a kid. In the last week, I've gotten Red Ninja, Firefly, Snake Eyes, Beachhead and Storm Shadow. I got a Cobra Officer and 2 Cobra soldiers. Then tonight I got the Cobra Legion pack. Only masked figures for me. I can easily pass on the rest.

Tycho
11-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Sure but the paint apps shouldn't even be a problem. I've kept most of the G1 TF's I had as a kid and the paints apps have held up quite fine for the most part.

All kidding aside, it's been reported that it IS an issue on several different occasions (my BumbleBees seem OK though) and the fault lies with Hasbro. I'm willing to believe that the vintage G1s were made better than the toys today. That could be the actual case.

gambitguru
11-04-2007, 01:18 PM

I also got Lady Jaye and Beachhead at the same WM.

TRU Los Feliz still had a Cars Andretti on the pegs at noon time so I grabbed that one up.

Glendale Target had remnants of wave 5

which walmart if that. i never seen single card gi joe at walmart except for the 5 pack

BlueSnags
11-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Forgot to mention that Anaheim Walmart had the new Battle Packs last night - Hunt for Grievous and Betrayal on Bespin. They're packed one per case, along with the already shelfwarming combo of Jedi vs. Sidious and Tantive IV. The Bespin pack was smashed so I had to pass on it (will get it at some point, though). Passed on the Grievous pack since I already have 3 of them.

Stopped by the Shrine earlier today and saw a whole bunch of nothing. A scalper had Wave 7 and was asking $22 for McQuarrie Han and $22 for a McQuarrie Snowtrooper.

-Snags

figrin bran
11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
which walmart if that. i never seen single card gi joe at walmart except for the 5 pack

This was at the Crenshaw Walmart. That's also the same store where I found all of wave 1 back in August.

I forgot to mention it yesterday but I spotted Hunt for Grievous and Betrayal on Bespin as well at the much maligned (especially by me) Glendale Target.

Kidhuman
11-04-2007, 02:39 PM

Picked up two McSnowtroopers from Anaheim Walmart tonight.

Called HasbroToyShop and apparently all the figures I ordered on 10/31 have shipped already (McSnowies, McStormies, Orange Pit Droid).

-Snags

I am going to rip HTS a new one if my McSnowjobs havent shipped(ordered 10/11), I saw the charge hit my credit card, so they better have shipped.

K M Toydarian
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I am going to rip HTS a new one if my McSnowjobs havent shipped(ordered 10/11), I saw the charge hit my credit card, so they better have shipped.

Got an email yesterday confirming the McSnowys I ordered 10/11 just shipped. Said 7-10 business days.
I hope this trend of HTS actually getting stock keeps up through the last few McQuarrie figures. I canceled my wave 7 (Mcquarrie Han) case from EE figuring I'd try HTS, and not get another Stormtrooper I don't need. I am banking on them getting wave 8 as well.
Haven't hit stores much this week, and when I have, nothing.

toonimator
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Looks like Burbank Target got Wave 5 in this AM. By the time I got there around 8:20 there was no Revan, Malak, Starkiller, or McVader (if it was that assortment). There WAS a McFett and the rest of 5. Also some leftover SL, not sure which assortment exactly. Small-headed Imperial, clean white-pauldron Sandie (which I picked up, along with GH Skiff Guards & Tarkin/Imp), Shocktrooper.

Tycho
11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
We had cases that said Wave 5, 2007 Rev 1 or whatever, and they contained Saga Legends.

There was a McVader from some case - maybe a TAC wave 5 case that showed up before I could - but they had so many cases of Saga Legends there, I doubt they got much TAC. The TAC they did get, appeared to be Wave 4 and that might explain where the McVader came from.

Commtech
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, I left them on the pegs deciding wether I should stash them or not (since most of you here already got them through HTS), and then Boxcar Willie asked me if I was going to buy them. I said no and he took them saying a friend of his needed them.

Looks like Burbank Target got Wave 5 in this AM. By the time I got there around 8:20 there was no Revan, Malak, Starkiller,

Tycho
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I need Leia Starkillers, and Ewoks from Wave 7. I don't usually ask for help, but we got in cases and cases of SW down here in San Diego finally, and they were all the wrong cases.

If it simplifies things, and postage, anyone finding me a Leia Starkiller can open her and stuff her and her accessories in a smaller mailer envelope. I'll paypal for the figure and postage. You can keep the 30th Anniv. coin as I don't collect those. I'll take up to 5 if they can be found.

PM me first to check on how many I still need before you start tearing them open, however.

AussieScott
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Did a Target mini-loop today... didn't find anything (but didn't expect to right after the weekend) but it did remind me of something... weren't Target getting some vehicle exclusives in October/November? If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be a Tie Bomber in October, the ARC-170 in November (Clone Wars deco) and I also remember seeing something about a Hoth battle pack with an AT-ST in it. Anyone know anything about these?

K M Toydarian
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Did a Target mini-loop today... didn't find anything (but didn't expect to right after the weekend) but it did remind me of something... weren't Target getting some vehicle exclusives in October/November? If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be a Tie Bomber in October, the ARC-170 in November (Clone Wars deco) and I also remember seeing something about a Hoth battle pack with an AT-ST in it. Anyone know anything about these?

Sometimes these type of exclusives (like the Imperial Shuttle last year) show up end of November to kick off Xmas Shopping season. We should see a reset soon in the toy aisles as they bump up and add more stock.

Jango Speck
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Found a clean Sandie with white pauldron at Burbank Target this morning. I was surprised to only find one, even though all the pegs were full and restocked with Pit Droids, etc. There was one Lando (I'm guessing from yesterday).

toonimator
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Lando's actually been there since the weekend. Poor guy. If only Hasbro hadn't gone the uber-cheap route... or simply gone the OTHER uber-cheap route of putting his head on a Han body with a new collar. Maybe that would've gone over better than puffy-shirt "Gil Gerard Buck Rogers in Space Vegas episode" Lando. Maybe. :)

Frank Footer
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Sigh -- my McVader ordered on 10/11 arrived yesterday, crinkled & crunched to hell. The shipping box was fine; the toy was manhandled when packed. So, back in the mail it went today. My McSnowie & Starkiller shipped yesterday, so we'll see what condition they'll be in on arrival.

gambitguru
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
went to target van nuys found a lone shirtless anikin. nothing else

Kidhuman
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Sigh -- my McVader ordered on 10/11 arrived yesterday, crinkled & crunched to hell. The shipping box was fine; the toy was manhandled when packed. So, back in the mail it went today. My McSnowie & Starkiller shipped yesterday, so we'll see what condition they'll be in on arrival.

I got notice that my McSnowjobs shipped yesterday also and its about time. They are from 10/11. I have never had anything come from HTS in bad condition.

gambitguru
11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
I got notice that my McSnowjobs shipped yesterday also and its about time. They are from 10/11. I have never had anything come from HTS in bad condition.

i too got an email from HTS saying the mcsnowies shipped. it doesnt matter what condition they are in as long as i get them. going to troop build, i need at least 21 more.

hey any of you guys have an extra mcquarrie r2/c3p0 for trade or sell. that would be awsome. I know that swshop put them back on but it came out to $30 something with shipping.

BlueSnags
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
i too got an email from HTS saying the mcsnowies shipped. it doesnt matter what condition they are in as long as i get them. going to troop build, i need at least 21 more.

hey any of you guys have an extra mcquarrie r2/c3p0 for trade or sell. that would be awsome. I know that swshop put them back on but it came out to $30 something with shipping.

Gambit - I have an extra you can have for cost ($22). Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Also, if any of you guys would like a Gentle Giant Jawa bust set, LMK. I have an extra that you can have for cost ($51).

-Snags

AussieScott
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Sometimes these type of exclusives (like the Imperial Shuttle last year) show up end of November to kick off Xmas Shopping season. We should see a reset soon in the toy aisles as they bump up and add more stock.

Thanks... hope they are sooner rather than later... last trip for the year will be Nov 20th...

Completely off topic but... when do schools break for Christmas over here? I'm bringing the family for a few days in December, would be handy to know for planning trips to theme parks etc (won't have the luggage space for shopping sadly).

gambitguru
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Gambit - I have an extra you can have for cost ($22). Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Also, if any of you guys would like a Gentle Giant Jawa bust set, LMK. I have an extra that you can have for cost ($51).

-Snags

yea that sounds good. when do you want to meet.
you have a pm

Kidhuman
11-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Completely off topic but... when do schools break for Christmas over here? I'm bringing the family for a few days in December, would be handy to know for planning trips to theme parks etc (won't have the luggage space for shopping sadly).

Christmas break is usually around the last weekend before Christmas through the New Year.

Commtech
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
stashed a gold coin darktrooper at Burbank TRU if anyone is interested.

santosha
11-06-2007, 06:58 PM
For those that liked the Star Wars Family Guy
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/family-guy-presents-blue-harvest.html

Jango Speck
11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I have two extra Legends Biker Scouts. Any takers?

Turbowars
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I have two extra Legends Biker Scouts. Any takers?I'll take them Speck.

I'm also on the look out for a clean White Sandy and a Evolution Orange Sandy.

If any one sees a Ugh Luke, Han and McStormy I need them too along with Wave 7.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 02:22 AM
WM Porter Ranch had a Hermi Odle. WM West Hills had a McQuarrie Starkiller Hero and Fett, I bought 'em both.

My stash-or-snag list is downright reasonable now!
all of wave 7
SL Sandtrooper with Evolutions body and weapon
Transformers Masterpiece Starscream (WM-exclusive)I'm considering sending a few of the trade bait pieces I picked up back to the store, Hermi Odle is looking like nobody wants him (big surprise :p) and McVader's downright findable, not unlike McChewie. Still, I want 2 of the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper and that f'er is only 1 per case, so maybe I'll hold out. I've still got Roron too, but I think Turbo wants him (no confirm on that yet).

I think you'd be surprised by how many companies run their distribution out of Texas.

...and by just how not "Center Of The Universe" LA really is.Bah! What's so entertaining about Bumf**k Texas?

Which is a huge benefit for those smaller places that want to sell things like Star Wars figures, but can't afford to deal with Hasbro directly.That's crap, if they want that, there's Diamond distribution and a few smaller outfits, but EE claims to be about servicing the individual collector, not the scumbag scalper shops that are out to screw over said collector.

Has anyone's HTS orders from 10/31 or later shipped yet?My order from Nov 1st has been collecting dust.

If any one sees a Ugh Luke, Han and McStormy I need them too along with Wave 7.I'll keep an eye out, I've seen a few of the first 2.

gambitguru
11-07-2007, 02:32 AM
WM Porter Ranch had a Hermi Odle.

i was there tonight around 900ish saw the lone herni odle too. nothing there

my wants list:
21mcsnowies
2MP starscreams

for those of you that recently ordered from hts.com. did they charge you credit card yet. it says my order has been shipped from (10-31) but they have not yet charged my bank account the $18.80. has any of you experiecne this, man this is buggin me out. will i get my figures?

Tycho
11-07-2007, 04:57 AM
I got 3 MP Starscreams tonight.

1 is for another SD Collector.
1 is for Navtek.
1 is for JediTricks
1 is for El Chuxter

I may either not need 4, as the list above would indicate, or I DO need to find 1 more. I'm not interested in this for myself. But 1 of the above might find another one for themselves, and it lets me off the hook.

Meanwhile, PMs were sent to those above whom this applies. They're $52.66 after tax. He's boxed nicely as a robot and it looks pretty cool - very similar to the Classics line box, or the exact same style.

UPDATE: Looks like my friend who works with Wal-Mart got another for himself.

Chux, JT, Navtek - you have Starscreams should you want them.

Frank Footer
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Stopped in to Glendale Target this AM. Only items of note were a Shock Trooper, an Elis & a Mi'iyoom. Only Battle Pack of note was Dagobah Jedi Training.

figrin bran
11-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Tycho, I'd be interested in an MP Screamer if you needed to get rid of one :D

toonimator
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Burbank Target had some more SL, the droids wave. Picked up a 2nd R4 :) TONS of Legends, to the point where the pegs for the entire section looked reasonably well-stocked, but once I transplanted them to their proper (now overflowing) pegs, the TAC area was barren. Plenty of space for new figures, and Lando & Hermi are still hanging out as the last bits of 'new' stuff. RA-7, TC, two orange & dirty Sandies and a Scout were still there when I left.

Zero comic packs (and two less tags for 'em! overflow GH was on the bottom comic peg), some 'new' Titaniums (picked up an extra Classic Raider and a white Vader TIE), and some more assorted GH

gambitguru
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Tycho, I'd be interested in an MP Screamer if you needed to get rid of one :D

tycho can you get me one, two would be nice. which walmart did you got to. pm me the answer dont want the lurkers/scalpers/dealers to know

tycho you have a pm

CrunchyNug
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
HTS has finally shipped my McOrders from 10/31. My credit card was charged shortly after placing the orders, but my status remained "Not Shipped" until this morning. When I called them on Monday, at least they were kind enough to upgrade my shipping to FedEx delivery. Looks like my McArmies should arrive by the end of the week. Very McExciting!!!

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I got 3 MP Starscreams tonight.

1 is for another SD Collector.
1 is for Navtek.
1 is for JediTricks
1 is for El Chuxter

I may either not need 4, as the list above would indicate, or I DO need to find 1 more. I'm not interested in this for myself. But 1 of the above might find another one for themselves, and it lets me off the hook.

Meanwhile, PMs were sent to those above whom this applies. They're $52.66 after tax. He's boxed nicely as a robot and it looks pretty cool - very similar to the Classics line box, or the exact same style.

UPDATE: Looks like my friend who works with Wal-Mart got another for himself.

Chux, JT, Navtek - you have Starscreams should you want them.Ah, cool beans. Fantastico! Thanks dude.

Naturally, my HTS order shipped mere hours after me posting it hadn't. :p I got Pre-borg Grievous and the Titanium Series Trade Fed Battleship.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 01:41 PM
On the Starscream front, I just called WM, they checked the system via the UPC and said the only stores in our area that have them are Upland and Chino... I thanked her for the help and wondered why the flow of this product stopped at Pomona, and how the Frank&Scalpers hadn't snatched those up.

santosha
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
The next wave went up on Hasbro but I dont think it sold out they seem to be putting new items up as sold out till there ready to sell them. I could be wrong did anyone get any?

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Holy crap, wave 8 is on HTS! All sold out though, so I'm wondering if this is coming soon and none were offered.

MicroJow
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Odd that Wave 7 isn't listed but Wave 8 is...

- J

BlueSnags
11-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Ordered Wave 8 from HTS earlier today...

Just kidding. They were never in stock.

Stashed some Wave 3 GI Joes over at Burbank TRU if anyone needs any (Firefly, Shipwreck, Cobra Officer, Red Ninja).

-Snags

figrin bran
11-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Snags, I'm responding to your GI Joe stash if I'm not too late

gambitguru
11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
went to glendale target pretty big, felt like i was in japan for some reason anyways no new sw. had an arcee and couple other deluxes

went to kaybee glendale found nothing cause it doesnt exsit anymore, who knew

guys if you find and mp starscream please pick one up ill pay you back right away or stash. or mcsnowies too.
thanks

Jango Speck
11-08-2007, 12:20 AM
went to kaybee glendale found nothing cause it doesnt exsit anymore, who knew

Figrin and I reported this early in the year (or was it last fall?). KB has been more or less replaced by the new Target in the Galleria.

figrin bran
11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Figrin and I reported this early in the year (or was it last fall?). KB has been more or less replaced by the new Target in the Galleria.

I think the KB closed down late last year or early this year. Anyhow, the Target there is even worse than the KB was for new finds!

AussieScott
11-08-2007, 02:02 AM
Christmas break is usually around the last weekend before Christmas through the New Year.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Jango Speck
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Tons of Legends at Burbank Target today. Grabbed a squad of white/white Sandies. Found Cars Mia/Tia- nothing else new.

BlueSnags
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm still looking for a white/white Sandie - please stash if you see one you don't want. I also need the Saga Legends droids (R4, RA-7 and TC-14) since HTS ****ed up my order.

-Snags

Jango Speck
11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
GG Clone Commander 5-pack raffle is UP!

toonimator
11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Nuts! I never looked in the CARS section this morning. When I thought about it, a bunch of employees with carts were moving stuff around right there so I didn't bother.

Yeah, TONS of Legends. Filling up both sections. No chance of segregating anymore :( (and unless someone goes for a squad of captains, Anakins, Tiins, and BD 3POs, there's little chance of more TAC showing up!)

I picked up a Clone Captain, since I think I passed on him last time (there were several, just like the Sandy), as well as another AOTC SA clone and Spidey 3 Legends MJ. She looks weird, but I'm thinking of turning her into Marvel girl. Just need to make a mask & a belt and slap on some paint; easier than hunting for the WM Face-Off pack with her & the Wolverine-Cable kitbash. Besides, that Marvel Girl's head is 100x goofier than MJ's.

Jango Speck
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Forgot to mention that there are many Red Clones from AOTC Legends at Burbank Target as well.

toonimator
11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Forgot to mention that there are many Red Clones from AOTC Legends at Burbank Target as well.
...which is why I mentioned it in the previous post ;)

Jango Speck
11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
...which is why I mentioned it in the previous post ;)

You didn't mention the color variant, and I don't keep track of what a captain is vs. trooper, etc.

Cataclizm1
11-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I got an email from HTS saying the figs I ordered on 10/31 shipped on the 6th.

gambitguru
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I got an email from HTS saying the figs I ordered on 10/31 shipped on the 6th.

i got mine 2mcsnowies today, i ordered it on the 31st also. i just need about 21 more, that and mp starscreamx2

Kidhuman
11-08-2007, 03:41 PM
i got mine 2mcsnowies today, i ordered it on the 31st also. i just need about 21 more, that and mp starscreamx2

You see, that pi55es me off. I ordered mine on the 11th and still havent gotten them. Noting against you Gambit, HTS pi55es me off

Cataclizm1
11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Have you tried calling your post office to see if they are holding it there? For some strange reason a lot of my HTS packages are received that way and I have to call. It's like the mailman thinks HTS is not worth leaving a pick-up notice for.

Kidhuman
11-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Mine shipped on the 5th, so it sould be a few days before it gets here. I just wonder why they wouldnt sip the older orders first, thats what gets me.

figrin bran
11-08-2007, 09:31 PM
You didn't mention the color variant, and I don't keep track of what a captain is vs. trooper, etc.

Let me give it a shot :p

Red = captain
yellow = commander
blue = lieutenant
green = sergeant

K M Toydarian
11-08-2007, 09:43 PM

Red = captain
yellow = commander
blue = lieutenant
green = sergeant

Anyone who has found the green clone, how does it compare to TSC Green AOTC clone. I think the helmet is painted differently (stripe), but is the green color the same? I have a few of those as openers, so I don't think I care about the legends one that much.

Haven't hit stores much, but am also waiting for my Oct 11tyh shipment of McSnowtroppers.

Jango Speck
11-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I have an extra UGH Luke and UGH Han. Any takers? I thought I had an UGH McChewie, but it turns out I did not. Does anyone have an extra UGH Chewie?

Tycho
11-09-2007, 01:35 AM

Red = captain
yellow = commander
blue = lieutenant
green = sergeant

You're correct, but the yellow commander rank is higher than the red captain one, if you wanted all those in order.

Generals were Jedi usually.
Commanders were their padawans when able - or the yellow clones sufficed.

Clones were part of the GRAND ARMY.

In the Imperial (Republic) NAVY, Captains outranked Commanders, but they were not Clones.

gambitguru
11-09-2007, 01:36 AM
found 18 MP SS. i picked up to and stashed 2. pm me for details

wampaslayr
11-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Check your local WalMarts. I just picked up the Darth Vader/Death Star TF for $23.00 (50% off on clearance already). The WalMart Super Center in Canyon Country had lots of them at this price, but the WM on Kelly Johnson Pkwy was still showing full price, so I don't know if all WM's are selling it at that price or only certain ones. Also picked up all of Wave 4 Comic Packs. Super Center Walmart was stocking three cases of these tonight if anyone still needs them. Stevenson Ranch WM also had them on the pegs. Kelly Johnson WM still had lots of Legends including R4 and RA-7 if anyone still needs them. They are located in the center aisle near the stationery products.

gambitguru
11-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Check your local WalMarts. I just picked up the Darth Vader/Death Star TF for $23.00 (50% off on clearance already). The WalMart Super Center in Canyon Country had lots of them at this price, but the WM on Kelly Johnson Pkwy was still showing full price, so I don't know if all WM's are selling it at that price or only certain ones. Also picked up all of Wave 4 Comic Packs. Super Center Walmart was stocking three cases of these tonight if anyone still needs them. Stevenson Ranch WM also had them on the pegs. Kelly Johnson WM still had lots of Legends including R4 and RA-7 if anyone still needs them. They are located in the center aisle near the stationery products.

was that you at the kelly johnson pkwy. you just went straight for star wars stuff, maybe that was you not sure though. you had the darthvader transformer in your hand checking the prices.

gambitguru
11-09-2007, 02:43 AM
I have an extra UGH Luke and UGH Han. Any takers? I thought I had an UGH McChewie, but it turns out I did not. Does anyone have an extra UGH Chewie?

i got an extra ugh chewie for you, the side of the box is kind of crushed, didnt know if you wanted MIB or openers

wampaslayr
11-09-2007, 02:48 AM
was that you at the kelly johnson pkwy. you just went straight for star wars stuff, maybe that was you not sure though. you had the darthvader transformer in your hand checking the prices.

I was at the Super WM around 10:40 PM and that was where I bought my TF. I was at the Kelly Johnson WM around 11:00 PM and I did go to the SW section but did not buy anything at that store.

gambitguru
11-09-2007, 03:00 AM
i opened the mcsnowies today pretty good figures. i think his right leg is little bit long than his left leg. he is my favorite out of the mcquarrie line. the mcfett looks cool but not to good of a figure, every time i hold him, everything falls apart,his jet pack falls off, he gets dislocated at the waist, the little stomach gun thingy falls off, but cool none the less.

i just need about 20 more mcsnowies.

stillakid
11-09-2007, 06:30 AM
i opened the mcsnowies today pretty good figures. i think his right leg is little bit long than his left leg.
Um, that's not his leg. :sur:

i just need about 20 more mcsnowies.
Wow. I'd settle for just one at this point.

Tycho
11-09-2007, 06:37 AM
I want 5 more Leia Starkillers!

toonimator
11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow. I'd settle for just one at this point.
Likewise. There probably SHOULD have been one at Burbank Target this morning. Instead it looked like a mix of figures, with a few more DSTs showing up, as well as another Lando and a pair of 4-LOMs, but nothing else from that wave. Other 'fill-ins' were TAC Obi-Wan, a few TAC R2s... I didn't bother to check much beyond that. Weird, and extremely disappointing after seeing the few 6ers up front. Not sure if it was just a bunch of returns, or a space issue or just a weird assortment. They DID leave a couple figures on the shelf below, so theoretically they could've put more there if they had 'em. Also, they need to get some Comic Packs ASAP, as the two lower comic pegs are rapidly filling with GH. Almost bought another 4-LOM, but didn't care for the deco on either.

I also want 5 more Starkillers :) ...and while I'd be happy with one, for now, I really want 2 McSnowies. I doubt I'll be jonesing for any beyond that.

gambitguru
11-09-2007, 11:51 AM
I also want 5 more Starkillers :) ...and while I'd be happy with one, for now, I really want 2 McSnowies. I doubt I'll be jonesing for any beyond that.

i have only seen starkillers once at walmart in las vegas. none out here in l.a. and i have never seen mcsnowies at retail. i picked up two from hts and the other two were trades.

Funny Money
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi gang,
I'm in Lake Tahoe this week. I rented a car and went on a midnight Wally-run,.. nothing... I found plenty of SL figs. Picked up the TC14. No wave 7 at all. Same story last week in Vegas. I may check again tonight.

MicroJow
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
How's this for a total mind-f*** in the Star Wars aisle?

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3880/photo0475ai2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

That's the Pamorama City Walmart. At first I thought it odd to find VOTC Leia, Obi, Han, and Lando on the pegs (rang up at $9.94 each.) Then I noticed the regular carded figures. Red cards, green cards, Episode I, Episode III, Commtech, Heroes & Villains, Saga Legends, TAC... all co-mingling in disjointed harmony. The red cards were ringing up at 5 bucks each, Episode III at 50 cents each... I left 'em all.

- J

BlueSnags
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

That's the Pamorama City Walmart. At first I thought it odd to find VOTC Leia, Obi, Han, and Lando on the pegs (rang up at $9.94 each.) Then I noticed the regular carded figures. Red cards, green cards, Episode I, Episode III, Commtech, Heroes & Villains, Saga Legends, TAC... all co-mingling in disjointed harmony. The red cards were ringing up at 5 bucks each, Episode III at 50 cents each... I left 'em all.

- J

Crazy! I guess either someone returned all their old figures for store credit (maybe that ghetto Walmart doesn't require a receipt) or Turbowars' stashes were finally uncovered...

-Snags

Frank Footer
11-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Crazy! Toy time warp!

Also checked out Burbank Target this AM (saw a Cars Yeti for the first time), as well as Los Feliz TRU, which was a ghost town -- no Dirty Sanchez, and no figures. Pegs were pretty barren. Hopefully they're due for a new shipment.

Kidhuman
11-09-2007, 05:28 PM

- J

thats insane and pretty cool at the same time.

K M Toydarian
11-09-2007, 06:01 PM

- J

That's hysterical! That leia is 12 years old! I can't believe how out of touch Wal-Mart is. If those are returns, and I don't see how they can't be as that store opened in '98, how are we supposed to find new stuff there?
I have little hopes for finding the Twins comic pack around LA. Maybe Valencia, or hopefully Wal-Mart.com.

That reminds me, there was an article in Time this month about Wal-Mart restructuring that says the worst Wal-Marts in the country are Boston and Los Angeles. I say, I 100% believe that!

BlueSnags
11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
That reminds me, there was an article in Time this month about Wal-Mart restructuring that says the worst Wal-Marts in the country are Boston and Los Angeles. I say, I 100% believe that!

No doubt about it. That store in Panorama City is the drizzling sh*ts. And the other LA WM (on Crenshaw) isn't much better.

-Snags

Jango Speck
11-09-2007, 06:43 PM
No doubt about it. That store in Panorama City is the drizzling sh*ts. And the other LA WM (on Crenshaw) isn't much better.

-Snags

What is it about 2-story WM's being total dumps?

Luuuuuuke
11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
TRU was the place to be for wave 7 today in the San Gabriel Valley. Hit the Covina TRU at 8 a.m. and there were 2 dealers there, but surprisingly, they weren't very greedy. I got 2 McHan Solos, Tycho and a Darth Revan and from what I could see, the other 2 dealers got a couple of McHans, but they didn't clean up the place by a long shot. There were still about a half dozen or more when I left. (one of the dealers there was part of a duo that just about cleared out Baldwin Park Wal-Mart of Masterpiece Starscreams last night. I don't collect these, but it was effed up to see them take two boxes worth).

Different story at Alhambra TRU. Though it was an hour later, there was a buttload of wave 7, including at least a dozen McHans. Got one more McHan just in case a friend from a LOTR forum wants it and got two of the SAga Legends droids I had not gotten yet. Another collector just got a droid as he already had wave 7 from an online order. But some scumbag scalper with gray spiky hair cleaned the place out of all the McFigures. What a sh*t head this guy was. The collector I was talking with predicted he would do that the moment he walked in too. I guess he knows this guy.

That's life in the Frank and Sons zone. Lastly, I went to KB toys in Montebello about an hour ago and no Star Wars TAC according to a cashier. But then I see two cases behind the counter. "These are already paid for," he said kind of sheepishly(seems like a nice kid, the cashier). Turns out, some dude, pretty darn sure a scalper called and asked them to hold them. I got on them a bit, pointing out that this KB already has a bad rep for letting certain scalpers get a free run of the store before the store even opens.

He seemed apologetic, but said it was the 2 managers who do that.

Frank Footer
11-09-2007, 08:39 PM
But some scumbag scalper with gray spiky hair cleaned the place out of all the McFigures. What a sh*t head this guy was. The collector I was talking with predicted he would do that the moment he walked in too. I guess he knows this guy.

Grrrrr! That's the accursed Dirty Sanchez who dashes ahead of everyone in line at the Los Feliz TRU. He makes visiting the store very unpleasant.

Wonder if the TRUs around here will be filling pegs with Wave 7 soon --

Luuuuuuke
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Grrrrr! That's the accursed Dirty Sanchez who dashes ahead of everyone in line at the Los Feliz TRU. He makes visiting the store very unpleasant.

Wonder if the TRUs around here will be filling pegs with Wave 7 soon --

Really? Would he come over to Alhambra though? He looked vaguely familiar. He's a notorious scalper, apparently. The fracker was just piling the McQuarries in a neat pile.

By the way, I got an extra Revan today to customize and I replaced his head with that of the Obi Wan from the comic book ARc Trooper set and it fit and looked perfect. Looks even better without the hood. Obi Wan never looked so cool.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Using the magic power of the Force, I was able to procure Masterpiece Starscream today at WM Rosemead. I say through the Force because I called and had them look up the UPC, it showed 2 pieces in stock so I jumped in the whip and blasted up the 5 to the 10, only to get there and find 0 on the shelves - but luckily for me, one of the employees was incredibly helpful and brought me out the only one they actually knew the location of, it appears there's been some sort of shenanigans with these at their store.

Very cool figure, not flawless but really nifty, definitely worth $50.

- JHard to believe that s**thole could actually get worse, but there ya go! I may be taking them off my check-in-list altogether, but without them it's a pretty lame trip to Porter Ranch.

That reminds me, there was an article in Time this month about Wal-Mart restructuring that says the worst Wal-Marts in the country are Boston and Los Angeles. I say, I 100% believe that!No kidding! Maybe they should, oh, I dunno, not suck.

-SnagsThe closest WM to me, but there's absolutely no way I'll go there without a confirmed stashing or something, that is funkytown!

TRU was the place to be for wave 7 today in the San Gabriel Valley. Hit the Covina TRU at 8 a.m. and there were 2 dealers there, but surprisingly, they weren't very greedy. I got 2 McHan Solos, Tycho and a Darth Revan and from what I could see, the other 2 dealers got a couple of McHans, but they didn't clean up the place by a long shot. There were still about a half dozen or more when I left. (one of the dealers there was part of a duo that just about cleared out Baldwin Park Wal-Mart of Masterpiece Starscreams last night. I don't collect these, but it was effed up to see them take two boxes worth).

Different story at Alhambra TRU. Though it was an hour later, there was a buttload of wave 7, including at least a dozen McHans. Got one more McHan just in case a friend from a LOTR forum wants it and got two of the SAga Legends droids I had not gotten yet. Another collector just got a droid as he already had wave 7 from an online order. But some scumbag scalper with gray spiky hair cleaned the place out of all the McFigures. What a sh*t head this guy was. The collector I was talking with predicted he would do that the moment he walked in too. I guess he knows this guy.

That's life in the Frank and Sons zone. Ugh, that kills me to hear, Covina is one of my hits too. F&S really has ruined collecting in LA.

Grrrrr! That's the accursed Dirty Sanchez who dashes ahead of everyone in line at the Los Feliz TRU. He makes visiting the store very unpleasant.Oh man, are you sure that's the same guy? I don't see him as being "spikey" hair. I totally hate him at Los Feliz though, he's way pompous about his scalping.

Frank Footer
11-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Really? Would he come over to Alhambra though? He looked vaguely familiar. He's a notorious scalper, apparently. The fracker was just piling the McQuarries in a neat pile.

Oh man, are you sure that's the same guy? I don't see him as being "spikey" hair. I totally hate him at Los Feliz though, he's way pompous about his scalping.

I'd wager it was him -- he's ALWAYS at Los Feliz, except for this morning, so he could've been concentrating his lameness out that way.

Luuuuuke's story was magical -- I don't know what I'd do if I saw pegs full of McAnything. Sigh --

figrin bran
11-09-2007, 10:00 PM
What is it about 2-story WM's being total dumps?

Well technically speaking, Crenshaw WM is 3 stories :p

All of my outstanding orders from HTS arrived today. The box with Revan, McVader and Roron was the worst packing I've ever received from them.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Well technically speaking, Crenshaw WM is 3 stories :p
And all of them are the basement.

Luuuuuuke
11-10-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm not sure the scalpers in my area are as colorful as in the Burbank, SFV, Westside, but they're characters. And I think many if not most have connections to Frank and Sons. The ones I've noticed:

1)A dude with little marble eyes who wears flip flops and drives a luxury German car but who apparently has no job because when I've had days off, I've seen him at TRU well past 10 a.m.

2)A tallish Asian guy who looks like the angry Chinese delivery guy in an episode of Seinfeld, complete with balding head. This guy is definitely a Frank and Scummer. Saw him clear a Target out of Hello Kitty water coolers once. That's classy. He also gets the VIP treatment at the Montebello KB--getting first dibs in the morning even before the store opens.

3) An English-challenged guy who haunts the 24-hour San Dimas Wal-Mart who says he buys stuff for friends in "Japan." Bought $800 worth of figures once, according to one employee. I saw him buying 3 or 4 cases of the new Disney Cars at Baldwin Park Wal-Mart. Nice, polite, friendly guy--but a scalper for sure.

4)A Latino dude with curly hair under a baseball cap who is chummy with other scalpers. I've seen him at a few places, last time buying what seemed like a box and a half worth of MP Starscreams. He worked in tandem with an Asian guy(the latter being someone I ran into at Covina TRU when I found wave 7. Oddly, he wasn't too scalpery that morning).

5)A tallish Latino guy with a ferrety face and curly hair. I've seen this guy all over the San Gabriel Valley. I think Hot Wheels is his main thing. Only after will he saunters to Star Wars. I'm pretty sure he's a Frank and Son guy.

6)An older Japanese looking guy, very short, with 60's mop hair cut and a thick mustache that's turning white in parts. Very jittery dude. I think he has some connection to Frank and Sons.

And assorted other characters.

Jeezus. It sucks to live in the Frank and Sons sphere of influence. Having said that, I have found that most of these guys are not overly aggressive if other collectors are around. Most seem willing to share--to an extent. Then again, these aren't the toughest looking hombres, so maybe that has something to do with it.

gambitguru
11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
went to burbank tru today, didnt know it opened at 800am until some customer exited the store, all the time i was just hanging out in my car thought it opened at 9. meet bluesnags and speck there. lots of darth revan, malak, mcvader, cyborg grevious. i stashed couple revans. pm me put there were lots hanging on the pegs

thanks bluesnags for the trade awsome figure

Tycho
11-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't know how you guys are getting so lucky. My stores are getting NO (zero) TAC and tons of Saga Legends.

The Death Star Droid, TC-14, black R4, Biker Scout, etc. were all prevalent at my TRU this morning. I went about 8:30 after Target and learning from another collector (of Hot Wheels) that the store now opened at 8am).

Target had nothing either.

Oh, Transformers Deluxe Wave with 2008 BumbleBee is showing up everywhere. Target and Toys R Us had it in good quantity today.

BlueSnags
11-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Hit Burbank and Los Feliz TRU this morning. At Burbank, picked up:

1x R2 w/Cargo Net
1x Ewok 2-pack
1x A-Wing Pilot Tycho
1x Spirit Hayden
1x McQuarrie Solo
1x McQuarrie Starkiller

Loads of Wave 5, including Revan and Malak, but only one Starkiller on the pegs - plus, the other half of the Wave 7 case was "mysteriously" missing. You know how it is.

At Los Feliz, grabbed some Saga Legends I was missing:

1x Green Clone Trooper
2x R4
2x RA-7
2X TC-14

They had one Spirit Hayden on the pegs when I got there, so they've must've had Wave 7 earlier as well. Ended up running into CrunchyNug, Speck, Figrin and Gambitguru at the various stores...good times. Thanks to Gambit for the trade. I'm all caught up again except for a White/White SL Sandtrooper and the SL Evolutions Orange Sandtrooper.

-Snags

toonimator
11-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Nuts! Wish I'd been at TRU then instead of Target. No new figures except more old Legends maybe. I did pick up the two repainted Vipers from the Titaniums.

BlueSnags
11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
More finds today - found this at Target this morning:

(See attached pic):laugh:

-Good Old Snags

Jango Speck
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
OK, all the good stuff at TRU that Snags and Gambit and I found at 9am was gone by 1pm. Not a single Revan or Malek to be found. A few Roron Corobbs and C3PO/Salacious. Figrin, did you grab all that good stuff?

No signs of new "Cars" today.

figrin bran
11-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I have wave 7 stashed at La Cienega TRU - No McHans however, just the ewoks, Tycho, R2 and Ani. PM me if you want it.

I saw Snags this morning at Los Feliz TRU. Grabbed a TC-14, RA-7 and a Scout Trooper. Snags, there was actually a smashed bubble Tycho at that store way way in the back of the pegs.

I headed over to Burbank TRU later on, but apparently after most of you had been there. I got the Firefly and Cobra Ninja that Snags stashed for me but left Shipwreck, Cobra Officer and a Red Ninja behind in the stash. PM me if you want those. As for the SW figs there, I only bought 1 Hermi, 1 Revan, 1 Malek and 1 Grievous. Someone else must've come in afterwards and bought up everything.

La Cienega TRU had quite a lot of wave 7 but no McHans. I just need those and a lot of white Sandtroopers and I'll be caught up.

from Crenshaw WM, I got the wave 4 comic packs.

Jango Speck
11-10-2007, 08:29 PM
You guys need to sleep in tomorrow and give the rest of us a chance. :)

Funny Money
11-11-2007, 12:11 AM
I have wave 7 stashed at La Cienega TRU - No McHans however, just the ewoks, Tycho, R2 and Ani. PM me if you want it.....

PM sent!!!

Commtech
11-11-2007, 02:32 AM
You guys need to sleep in tomorrow and give the rest of us a chance. :)

Ditto. I haven't gone hunting in a while and I start again tomorrow! So please guys, you can stay in bed this sunday. LOL!!:thumbsup:

figrin bran
11-11-2007, 02:43 AM
The Wave 7 stash I posted about has been claimed

The GI Joe wave 3 stash is still up for grabs

I wasn't planning on hitting any stores tomorrow but most of you don't go to the same ones I do :p

Snags, did you find the ARC battlepacks on the shelves or did you DCPI them?

JediTricks
11-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Titanium Series 07 Wave 5 (minus the black BSG Viper) at Target Culver City La Cienega and WM Rosemead. Naturally I run into this repaint wave right after ordering the one piece I want off HTS. :rolleyes:

My stash-or-snag list is totally reasonable now, it's weird after 2 whole seasons of misery:
all of wave 7 + second McQuarrie Solo
SL Sandtrooper with Evolutions body and weapon

More finds today - found this at Target this morning:

(See attached pic):laugh:

-Good Old SnagsWhat's the background picture in that BP? Is it supposed to be a crashed ARC-170? Because I'm not seeing that at all.

I have wave 7 stashed at La Cienega TRU - No McHans however, just the ewoks, Tycho, R2 and Ani. PM me if you want it.Gee, I'm so glad I worked all day instead of reading this ****ing post and taking advantage of it. :mad: Dang first-time-ever work ethic!

You morning-store-hitters sound like you're having a great time, WTF? 9am is too early for me, but damn if I ain't jealous. Maybe we'll have to do that lunch we put off back in the summer.

You guys need to sleep in tomorrow and give the rest of us a chance. :)Face it Speck, if it wasn't them, it'd be some F&S jerkos getting this stuff instead.

Tycho
11-11-2007, 10:52 AM
My Target stocked TAC.

Holiday Special BobaFett.
Givin, Nightlilly
UGH Gold Coin R2D2
McVader
Luke Jedi

Stuff like that. It must have been a wave 4 revision of sorts.

They also had more BumbleBee 2008, and Voyager Ironhide, Blackout, Starscream, Megatron.

I left everything alone. Yesterday I found the shaving cream so I'm feeling rather accomplished. I didn't go to TRU. Not sure when they open on Sundays now that they have some extended hours, but the pegs were so full yesterday.... :rolleyes:

figrin bran
11-11-2007, 11:26 AM
You morning-store-hitters sound like you're having a great time, WTF? 9am is too early for me, but damn if I ain't jealous. Maybe we'll have to do that lunch we put off back in the summer.

Face it Speck, if it wasn't them, it'd be some F&S jerkos getting this stuff instead.

JT, TRU actually opens up at 8 am on Saturdays, at least during the holidays. Snags and I were at Los Feliz yesterday at around 8:15 ish and Dirty Sanchez still beat us.

Luuuuuuke
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
JT, TRU actually opens up at 8 am on Saturdays, at least during the holidays. Snags and I were at Los Feliz yesterday at around 8:15 ish and Dirty Sanchez still beat us.

A collector here in the San Gabriel Valley area confirmed that the scalper who cleared out the Alhambra TRU of about 12 McHans was said Dirty Sanchez. He must be loving this 8 a.m. schedule for TRU. He can hit more stores over a larger area, earlier in the day.

Through a trade with a fellow collector, got all the new Pixar Cars, plus another Concept Snowtrooper and my second Starkiller. I found the Baron Fel comic back a few nights back at Pico Rivera Wal-Mart.

BlueSnags
11-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Not a hoax.

Not an imaginary tale.

I actually found something at Burbank KB this afternoon.

A Saga Legends Evolutions mold/Orange pauldron Sandtrooper slipped through the cracks and made it to the pegs today. Good times.

-Snags

Commtech
11-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Not a hoax.

Not an imaginary tale.

I actually found something at Burbank KB this afternoon.

A Saga Legends Evolutions mold/Orange pauldron Sandtrooper slipped through the cracks and made it to the pegs today. Good times.

-Snags

I believe that. But don't expect to find Darktrooopers, Revans, Malaks, McSnowies, Starkillers, etc. "Chubby 13" has them in his shop on the first floor. Kaybee employees have told me he collects them every week as soon as they receive a new shipment. Oh, and he gets them at 30% off for being an ex manager. Sad but true.

Yes, I used to talk to the guy, but now I'm pis*ed 'cause he's leaving nothing to collectors. I used to find at least some good stuff every now and then, but now he's cleaning the place and stepping on our toes. F*&k him!

Jango Speck
11-12-2007, 12:57 AM
"Chubby 13" has them in his shop on the first floor. Kaybee employees have told me he collects them every week as soon as they receive a new shipment. Oh, and he gets them at 30% off for being an ex manager. Sad but true.

I have bought MiniMag stands from Chubby 13, but never figures. Next time I'm in there and he tries to sweet talk me, I'll ask him to take 30% off. I can't believe these guys have the funds to rent space in the mall and then charge such ridiculous prices. We should start a harrassment campaign against him. (Oops, the corner just bent on your Darth Revan, oh, the bubble just crushed a bit on Hermi Odle.) He's one of those businesses that will probably fold up after he fails miserably at Christmas time. I don't think even Blast from my ***** charges as much as he does.

AussieScott
11-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Talk about scalpers... Toys R Us in Sydney are charging $50 for the G1 repaint Deluxe Jazz... steep even by our standards... I'd hate to be a last-minute toy shopper this Christmas.

MicroJow
11-12-2007, 04:56 PM
We should start a harrassment campaign against him.

That's funny... I was just thinking we should do the same to the Kitty World people. Friends of mine went to Toys-R-Dump in Van Nuys on Saturday night and parked in front of the CLOSED Kitty World store. A guy came running out and told my friends to move their car because that spot isn't Toys-R-Us parking. One friend pointed out that Kitty World is closed, but the guy continued to argue, so my friend said loudly to my other friend:

"Wow! Everyone was right! These guys really ARE jerks!"

And then they both got back into the car and left, but not before the Kitty World guy shouted threats and tried to take down their license plate number.

As for my toy exploits, I've found zip zero and zilch lately. No new Cars, no more Wave 7, and no Target Battle Packs.

- J

Tycho
11-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Kitty World, huh? Do you think this guy would be interested in buying my used cats' sand? (lumps and clumps included!) I could dump some off on his doorstep and wait and see if he likes it. :D

Cataclizm1
11-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Did you guys know Deathstar Vader has 4 hidden phrases? Hold down the button for a couple seconds in Death Star mode and he'll say:
"Wipe them out, ALL of them!"
"This battle-station is fully operational"
You have failed me for the last time!"
"Commence primary ignition."

So cool.

Frank Footer
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM
A collector here in the San Gabriel Valley area confirmed that the scalper who cleared out the Alhambra TRU of about 12 McHans was said Dirty Sanchez.

That tears it. Protocol is going out the window next time I see that fracker, and I'm power-walking past his as*.

Jango Speck
11-12-2007, 11:47 PM
The key is to ask Dirty Sanchez to give you one of his many figures. Whenever I've run into him, he always asked me if I wanted one of the extras he grabbed. I know it still sucks, but you can calmly approach him- if you dare...

Commtech
11-13-2007, 12:03 AM
The key is to ask Dirty Sanchez to give you one of his many figures. Whenever I've run into him, he always asked me if I wanted one of the extras he grabbed. I know it still sucks, but you can calmly approach him- if you dare...

Yeah, he usually surrenders the stuff once you ask him. If its something really, really rare and he can make a bunch of money from it, he won't do it though.

The other option is to punch him, grab the stuff and run.

gambitguru
11-13-2007, 01:20 AM
so in spirit of veterans day, my brother and I made some customs. the custom is a g.i. joe 25th anniversary version of LT. clay moore, who was originally a character from the 2007 joecon set. also with the leftover parts, we made a McBo joe :bandit: . also are some of our collection and in progress cobra troop build. P.S. serpentor is not pictured because he is a phony. :thumbsup:

CrunchyNug
11-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Grabbed a few of these sets over the weekend, but just got the chance to crack them open. Can't wait for the ARC 170 now!!!

Tycho
11-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Gambitguru, you've got both the Japanese and American Starscreams (presumably the former representing Thundercracker?) and Skywarp all together, huh? Pretty cool.

UPDATE:

Rumor has it that WAVE 9 came out here and some of my old collecting group got them: Padme Black Leather, Jango in his Apartment, etc. - at 2 local Wal-Marts.

At Toys R Us, I found Wave 5. They got a lot of cases of it. However, the McVader figure was on the pegs instead of the Starkiller Hero. Are there cases of Wave 5 with McQuarrie Vader instead of Leia Starkiller?

Transformers Deluxe were well-stocked, also. Lots of BumbleBee - either 1977 or 2008.

Luuuuuuke
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Actually, I think most scalpers will part with some of their booty if you ask them. It's not that they're great guys, but it's just easier to say yes than to get into an argument with someone.

I've been hitting a few Targets trying to find 2 of the ARC battlepacks, but no luck so far. I think the San Gabriel Valley tends to put stuff out a little later than the Westside or SF Valley. That and 2 of the 3 Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs are all I'm really looking for now, and probably for most of rest of year.

Navtek
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
At Toys R Us, I found Wave 5. They got a lot of cases of it. However, the McVader figure was on the pegs instead of the Starkiller Hero. Are there cases of Wave 5 with McQuarrie Vader instead of Leia Starkiller?

It occured to me after I saw you this morning that my wave 5 case from BBTS included both a McVader and a Starkiller which was the big selling point for me getting the whole case. So it would seem that there should have been SK's in that assortment. Hmm...maybe they didn't make it to the floor.

Frank Footer
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Los Feliz TRU -- went kinda late (10:45AM) expecting to pick over the skeleton of what was left behind. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to see a gang o' Wave 5 -- Pre-Grievous, Malak, Yoda & Kybuck, shirtless Anakin, Roron, etc (minus any McAnything). As I grabbed the lone Hermi, another collector showed up to grab most of the good stuff (said he was buying them in lieu of an EE shipment). Some were still on the pegs after he left.

I stashed a Malak and 3PO & S. Crumb -- hit me up if you want 'em.

toonimator
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
UPDATE:

Rumor has it that WAVE 9 came out here and some of my old collecting group got them: Padme Black Leather, Jango in his Apartment, etc. - at 2 local Wal-Marts.
But there is no wave 9!!! ;) Wave 8 has been confirmed in Phoenix and SD, according to RS. And the boxes DO say Wave 8.

Luuuuuuke
11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
It occured to me after I saw you this morning that my wave 5 case from BBTS included both a McVader and a Starkiller which was the big selling point for me getting the whole case. So it would seem that there should have been SK's in that assortment. Hmm...maybe they didn't make it to the floor.

someone who seems to know about these things told me the Starkiller was shortpacked and does not appear in every wave 5 case. When I found wave 7, i thought it was curious there was a ton of wave 7 and some wave 5, including Revan and Malak, and a few McVaders, but no Starkillers.

So there could be something to it.

CrunchyNug
11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Got a lot of boxes delivered to me today at work. My HTS orders all arrived safely. I got several McSnowies, McStarkillers, & McStormies (UGHs). There were several SL Army Builders too. In addition were 2 Battlefront packs...both the Clone version. Looks like I've got a lot of opening to do tonight!!!

figrin bran
11-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Gambitguru, you've got both the Japanese and American Starscreams (presumably the former representing Thundercracker?) and Skywarp all together, huh? Pretty cool.

UPDATE:

Transformers Deluxe were well-stocked, also. Lots of BumbleBee - either 1977 or 2008.

I'm not sure if there are wave 5 revision cases but in the one that I got in the mail, there was 1 Starkiller, 1 McVader.

darkagent
11-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure if there are wave 5 revision cases but in the one that I got in the mail, there was 1 Starkiller, 1 McVader.

The first case of Wave 5 I got from NFC was the same as yours. The next case of Wave 5 I received from EE, only had 1 Starkiller and no McVader.

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Target WeHo had a Titanium Series BSG Black Viper Mk 2 tonight, I bought it.

someone who seems to know about these things told me the Starkiller was shortpacked and does not appear in every wave 5 case. When I found wave 7, i thought it was curious there was a ton of wave 7 and some wave 5, including Revan and Malak, and a few McVaders, but no Starkillers.

So there could be something to it.That's true, the Wave 5 Revision 2 case has no McQuarrie anything in it, instead they include the Rebel Honor Guard and Galactic Marine because Hasbro's totally insane - gotta keep them pegwarmers flowing! :rolleyes:

gambitguru
11-14-2007, 01:35 AM

yea they are pretty cool, took me a long time to transform

BlueSnags
11-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Scored Wave 8 at Walmart earlier today:

1x McQuarrie Rebel Trooper
2x Fireside Padme
2x Jango w/Poncho
2x Clone Training Gear
2x Destroyer Droid
2x Wolfie

Looks like each store is only getting one case of Wave 8, so supply might be short for a little while. There was a Stormtrooper packed in the case I found ... wish Hasbro would've put a second McRebel in there instead.

-Snags