PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jango Speck
11-14-2007, 04:00 AM
Blue Snags....

Sigh.....

Frank Footer
11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Scored Wave 8 at Walmart earlier today:

1x McQuarrie Rebel Trooper
2x Fireside Padme
2x Jango w/Poncho
2x Clone Training Gear
2x Destroyer Droid
2x Wolfie

Good show! :thumbsup: Man -- and I got excited about finding Wave 5.

BTW, zippo zilch at Burbank Target this AM.

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm still want to know whether the amazing Blue Snags found the Target exclusive ARC battlepack on the shelves or by using the DPCI!

I'm not as manic about finding wave 8. The McHan was the last Concept figure I really, really wanted. But I sure want the Target battlepack and the the Wal-Mart twins and Keller comic packs.

Cataclizm1
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
ARGH I'M SO PI55ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My HTS order from 10/31 finally arrived with 2 starkillers, Revan, and Premie Grevie. They were all fine and dandy, but instead of my McVader they sent me a friggen Elis Helrot! I did not want this scream looking peg-warmer! The invoice clearly states McVader! And they checked him off the list, those stupid assclowns!!!!!!!!!1

MicroJow
11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Using the DPCI #, I got a Target to bring out a case of ARC-170 Battle Packs. Got 2 for myself, 2 for a friend, and put one on the shelf so the clerk who brought them out wouldn't notice that I'd stashed the sixth set.

PM me for store details and location of the stashed one.

- J

Jango Speck
11-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Using the DPCI #, I got a Target to bring out a case of ARC-160 Battle Packs. Got 2 for myself, 2 for a friend, and put one on the shelf so the clerk who brought them out wouldn't notice that I'd stashed the sixth set.

PM me for store details and location of the stashed one.

- J

Something tells me that we're gonna see a lot of these on clearance in a month or two...

MicroJow
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Something tells me that we're gonna see a lot of these on clearance in a month or two...

That would be nice. I would like 2 or 4 more of the Clone Troopers, but I'm not willing ot buy more Pilots or R2s to get 'em at the full price.

- J

BlueSnags
11-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Right on - I'm gonna pick up one more ARC-170 BP once they hit clearance.

-Snags

Luuuuuuke
11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Typically, I'm able to find these battlepacks. But it seems like the Frank and Son scalpers have been out and about more than usual recently. And I live in the heart of F&S darkness. I really hope I don't have to resort to using the DPCI. I just want 2 of these packs.

BlueSnags
11-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Did anyone enter Gentle Giant's raffle for the Clone Commander 5-pack? Was hoping one of us local guys had gotten lucky and won one.

-Snags

Jango Speck
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Did anyone enter Gentle Giant's raffle for the Clone Commander 5-pack? Was hoping one of us local guys had gotten lucky and won one.

-Snags

No, this sucks. This was my first raffle. I'd at least like a "sorry..." email.

toonimator
11-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Some Wave 4 & 6 at Burbank Target today, an odd mix. 2 Landos, a 4-LOM, both Cantinas, a Stormie, 2 Jedi Lukes & Umpasses, a Tat Luke... very odd mix. I suspect they didn't empty all the cases they had since again they put the Legends on the TAC pegs, maxing 'em out pretty much while the actual SL pegs were empty (only a handful of SL left! surprising). There was a new guy there ahead of me who grabbed all the non-Supes/non-Bats/non-Steel JLU figures from the pegs, though I don't think any were super-new.

Got my HTS shipment in a massive box... way too much space for what was inside! Both clones were blue, as they should be, and Bossk was my freebie. Wish I could've nabbed some McSnowies or extra Starkillers. The hunt continues...

CrunchyNug
11-15-2007, 01:14 PM
I hit up Los Feliz TRU this morning and got to see Dirty Sanchez and his pal grab some McFigures. There were 3 cases of w5 and 1 case of UGH's. I was hoping to find some w7, but no luck. There were 2 cases of GI Joe w3 as well. No cars either.:sad:

Burbank TRU was a complete bust...nothing at all - big surprise!!!

Jango Speck
11-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I won the GG 5-pack raffle!

BlueSnags
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
I won the GG 5-pack raffle!

I just checked my GG account. I won one, too! Sweet!:laugh:

-Emperor Snags

Jango Speck
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM

-Emperor Snags

Too bad us locals have to pay $22 for FedEx.

gambitguru
11-15-2007, 03:06 PM
went to target nordhoff. no new sw. but saw 2 70bumblebee and 1 concept, left them both there on the pegs

toonimator
11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Bumblebees are finally reaching a comfortable saturation point. Apparently Hasbro underestimated demand for TF thanks to low Spidey sales, according to someone on RS who spoke with an unusually informative Hasbro Rep the other day, so they had to scramble to increase production, which put a dent in all their other lines leading to the weird SW distribution over the summer. So all those weeks with empty TF pegs wasn't because demand was so high that mid-day stocking would be obliterated by morning, it's that, for many stores, there just wasn't any product to stock! Now that the craze has died down after product started showing up regularly, Bumblebees aren't quite so quick to fly off the pegs.

Corporate minds, though... "Well Spider-Man toys aren't moving very quickly <never mind that they're smaller than many other superhero figures, are overloaded with cumbersome action features, and chiefly feature umpteen variations of ONE character>, so kids must HATE movie-based toys. Let's cut production in half on the Transformers, shall we?" :rolleyes:

Tycho
11-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Spider-Man is cool, but it's about 1 guy with super-powers, fighting the guest-star of the week from a rogues' gallery of super-freaks.

Transformers is an on-going interstellar war with huge factions and lots of characters that can be brought into play.

Apples and oranges if you ask me. Anyway, I think the toyline's success reflects this idea that's in the subconscious of kids as well as adult fans.

Jango Speck
11-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Guys,

I have an extra GG Cody mini-bust. It's going on the bay unless someone here is interested.

darkagent
11-15-2007, 05:33 PM

-Snags

Nope. I lost yet again. :(

santosha
11-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Nope. I lost yet again. :(
Same here lost again

Turbowars
11-15-2007, 06:45 PM

-Emperor SnagsWow, 1st my truck gets totaled infront of my house at 2AM and then GG ****s me too, Thanks:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: If I only had a gun, I'd take care of all of this.

Commtech
11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry about all that Turbo.

So... I've read in GGC about Swabie2424 being in the hospital because his wife is having a baby. Please keep us informed Snags.

wampaslayr
11-16-2007, 03:03 AM
Found all of Wave 7 at Kelly Johnson WalMart in Valencia tonight including 2 McSolos. :thumbsup:

Frank Footer
11-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Interesting finds at Glendale Target this AM --

2 McVaders, a pile of UGHs (R2, G. Marine, Mace), lots of CZ-4, animated Fett & Umpass, too. Grabbed one McVader & stashed the other (PM for location).

Also got my 10/31 HTS shipment -- Starkiller & McSnowie arrived safely.

Sorry to hear about your car, Turbo. Hopefully insurance will take care of it --?

UPDATE: 8:36AM -- HTS restock. Comic Packs, Wave 5, etc.

BlueSnags
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Wave 8 was in stock at HTS for all of 10 min this morning, with the McRebel selling out in about 30 seconds. Lame.

-Snags

gambitguru
11-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow, 1st my truck gets totaled infront of my house at 2AM and then GG ****s me too, Thanks:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: If I only had a gun, I'd take care of all of this.

sorry to hear about turbo. im sure everything will be ok. being part of the medical field, i sound concerned about the last quote, i have to ask you, do you have access to a gun, do you have a plan? im just kidding, im sure you will do okay, keep us posted, take care.

Turbowars
11-17-2007, 12:19 AM
i have to ask you, do you have access to a gun.
No , but will soon. I need to take care of the 3 illegal, Drunk, no licence, no insurance A-holes. I can not believe how the US lets these pieces of trash into the county. In no way shape or form will these morons ever pay me a cent for what they did. My truck was the only thing I ever owned. Bought it new in 96 and thought I would have it until I drove into the ground. My insurance is giving me a measly 5K, I just spent 3 K on a new brake system and suspension. Tell me that isn't a reason I should be mad?

Tycho
11-17-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm sorry for what happened to you Turbowars.

It would be my nature to offer my insight into how this situation could be resolved in the future with a currently controversial political issue, but I'll refrain unless I'm asked to contribute that.

All I wanted was to say that I am thinking and have considered ideas and solutions - and that I'm very sorry for Turbowars' troubles.

Turbowars
11-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Thanks Tycho. My solution would be to close the door on these people that do not contribute to the US. Right now the US says, come on in we will take care of you, teach your kids and give you food and $, while the people that belong here pay for them and for for their wrong doing.

Jango Speck
11-17-2007, 01:47 AM
It's starting to sound like a typical day on Rebelscum. Let's stay on the subject of men playing with toys, shall we?

Turbowars
11-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Gee thanks for your concern.

Jango Speck
11-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Turbo, I think you know that we all sympathize with your situation- but emotions are starting to swell. Even Tycho is hinting at some unsavory ideas, and I just don't think we all need that here. I hope you get things worked out as painlessly as possible. I'll be looking to stash stuff for you if/when I find anything. And if you need to hold off on meeting up for our transaction, I understand and will hold onto the figures until a convenient time for you.

Luuuuuuke
11-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Turbowars, I hope you get some measure of justice. Jango Speck, wisely said.

On the toy front: Nothing. Went to two Wal-Marts last night and nyet. Earlier in the morning I went to 2 Targets but I found no sign of the Target battlepack. Some don't even show having it in the stockroom. Oh well, these are usually not impossible to find if you're somewhat vigilant.

I saw the same ferrety-looking scalper I've seen at F&S and elsewhere at one Target. I think he knows I think he's a douche.

CrunchyNug
11-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Found a few newer Cars 2-packs last night at WM - Rusty & Dusty. Loaded up on SL Army Builders too...Sandtroopers, Imperial Officers, Clone Officers. No w8.

This morning, of all places, I was able to get a pair of McSolos at Burbank TRU. They even let me in a few minutes early - 7:55 AM. It was nice having the whole place to yourself. There was only one case.

Jango Speck
11-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Got my GG shipping notice today- bring on the commanders!

Commtech
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Got my GG shipping notice today- bring on the commanders!

Got mine as well. 11/19!!!

Turbowars
11-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Got mine as well. 11/19!!!
Any of you guys have an extra Neyo that you want to sell?

Chaddymac
11-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I sympathize, Turbo. I know what it's like to get screwed by your insurance and be forced to pay money out of your own pocket when it should've been someone else's responsibility. Best of luck with that.

Turbowars
11-17-2007, 03:20 PM
LOL funny:thumbsup:

darkagent
11-17-2007, 03:20 PM
This morning, of all places, I was able to get a pair of McSolos at Burbank TRU. They even let me in a few minutes early - 7:55 AM. It was nice having the whole place to yourself. There was only one case.

That's funny because all other TRUs opened at 7am today. Went to Los Feliz and they had zip.

CrunchyNug
11-17-2007, 04:28 PM
That's funny because all other TRUs opened at 7am today. Went to Los Feliz and they had zip.

Maybe that explains why I walked right in at 7:55. There were one or two Moms shopping already, but that was it while I was there.

Luuuuuuke
11-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Went to Target in West Covina. Two scalpers were there. These guys "work" together. One of them brought his boy, who conveniently--for dad-- had no second thoughts about hauling arse to the toy aisles. I just wanted 2 of the ARC 170 packs, but they didn't have them out yet.

The scalpers didn't come out with much. But it was touching to see dad and son work so closely in the pursuit of scalping. Hallmark should use these guys for a Father's Day card.:rolleyes:

BlueSnags
11-17-2007, 05:30 PM
The scalpers didn't come out with much. But it was touching to see dad and son work so closely in the pursuit of scalping. Hallmark should use these guys for a Father's Day card.:rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

-Snags

figrin bran
11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Funny Money, if you still want the Wave 7 stash at La Cienega TRU, it's still there as Turbo decided he didn't want it after all.

I headed to TRU Los Feliz for naught this morning. At La Cienega, I opened up one of the overhead bins and a Starkiller dropped on me so I got it for free (also bought Super Mario Galaxy and got a $25 gift card which I used for the figure).

Commtech
11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Any of you guys have an extra Neyo that you want to sell?

I wish I had an extra for you. Sorry.

Tycho
11-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Geeze Figrin! Lucky!

I went to the post office with your Starscream today, but they closed like 5 minutes before I got there. Grumble.

Anyway, for other reasons, the whole adventure out today turned out quite good in the end. I'll mail your figure on Monday.

Commtech
11-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Geeze Figrin! Lucky!

I went to the post office with your Starscream today, but they closed like 5 minutes before I got there. Grumble.

Anyway, for other reasons, the whole adventure out today turned out quite good in the end. I'll mail your figure on Monday.

Speaking of MP Starscream, I got mine today through a friend whose Walmart had it in stock. Amazing figure. Very happy with it.:D

Jango Speck
11-18-2007, 01:57 AM
I went to IKEA today to buy my first Detolf. My god that box is heavy! I ended up not getting it because it's too big for my car, and I don't know how I'd carry that by myself without breaking the glass. I was going to set it up at work, but I can't imagine hauling that through the building.

figrin bran
11-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Geeze Figrin! Lucky!

No problem at all Tycho. I have all the Starkillers I need so any more I find will go to you.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Target NoHo had the Bultar Swan 2pack and the mirror-universe Baron Fel 2pack.

Funny Money, if you still want the Wave 7 stash at La Cienega TRU, it's still there as Turbo decided he didn't want it after all. If FM doesn't want it, perhaps I?

I headed to TRU Los Feliz for naught this morning.That store is rapidly becoming a complete waste of time.

At La Cienega, I opened up one of the overhead bins and a Starkiller dropped on me so I got it for free Free? How does that work? You threatened to sue? :D

figrin bran
11-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Free? How does that work? You threatened to sue? :D

No no, I bought Super Mario Galaxy and they gave me a $25 gift card which I then used on Starkiller.

Besides those overhead bins are so stuffed that any time you open one up, something will probably fall onto the floor.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 03:43 AM
At TRU La Cienega you have to watch for knives, rusty hooks, and used drug needles falling out of those.

CrunchyNug
11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Just got back from Target with a pair of Hoth & Endor Battlepacks. First, these things are HUGE and second, they are really big.

Funny Money
11-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Funny Money, if you still want the Wave 7 stash at La Cienega TRU, it's still there as Turbo decided he didn't want it after all.

YES!!! PM sent!!! Thanks

toonimator
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Target NoHo had the Bultar Swan 2pack and the mirror-universe Baron Fel 2pack.
Is that because he DOESN'T have a goatee? :D

Forgot to mention on here yesterday, but I hit Burbank TRU shortly after Target, not realizing they'd opened even earlier. That said, all of the ROTJ wave was there but for McSolo and the Ewoks; looked like 2 cases maybe, with 3 or 4 Anakins, a few R2s and 4 Tychos. Grabbed 3 of the pilots and some gifts for my sister's kids. The pilot's awesome! I never liked that Endor Luke came with a blaster (or that the holster on two of mine is so warped that the blaster gets bent in it, but that's another matter) so I've got weapons for the Tychos.

wampaslayr
11-18-2007, 02:22 PM
TRU Valencia had all of Wave 7 out this morning. Stashed 2 McSolos if anyone is interested. PM for location. There are two separate stashes.

All the other Santa Clarita stores (Target, all 3 Walmarts) were a bust.

Turbowars
11-18-2007, 02:32 PM
TRU Valencia had all of Wave 7 out this morning. Stashed 2 McSolos if anyone is interested. PM for location. There are two separate stashes.

All the other Santa Clarita stores (Target, all 3 Walmarts) were a bust.
PM sent for Solos.

wampaslayr
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Turbo, PM sent.

wampaslayr
11-18-2007, 02:45 PM
McSolo stashes have been claimed.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Is that because he DOESN'T have a goatee? :DI'm glad to see someone got that! :thumbsup:

Dang it Turbo, why did you have to be online a few minutes ago to claim that stash?!? :p

BlueSnags
11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Picked up the Hoth and Endor Battle Packs today at Target. They were all stacked on top of the display shelves in the toy section. This store had around 25 of them total. Took awhile to find two mint ones, though.

If anyone wants store location, shoot me a PM.

Also, I was charged by EE for my Elite Forces of the Republic pack, so that should be shipping out tomorrow. Good (but expensive) times.

-Snags

gambitguru
11-18-2007, 04:18 PM
anybody need UGH luke and han. prorbobly going to return them.

darkagent
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Picked up the Hoth and Endor Battle Packs today at Target. They were all stacked on top of the display shelves in the toy section. This store had around 25 of them total. Took awhile to find two mint ones, though.

If anyone wants store location, shoot me a PM.

Also, I was charged by EE for my Elite Forces of the Republic pack, so that should be shipping out tomorrow. Good (but expensive) times.

-Snags

PM sent for location

darkagent
11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
CrunchyNug - Sent you a PM.

Tycho
11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I went to 2 Wal-Marts between 4 and 5am this morning and only 1 case of SW came in. It was Wave 6, and the case was raided for the McSnowtrooper and the rest was left unstocked on the floor (in the case box itself).

There was a McVader on the pegs, making it probably the least popular McFigure of any they released (stormtrooper sold, Fett really sold, Chewie was slightly slower, Vader will sit a little, Starkiller flies, and Snowboy melts out of there).

toonimator
11-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Nothing at Burbank Target this morning really. Some Legends (white Sandie the only standout) and some Wave 4 remnants, but full Comic Packs with the white Luke, Han, and regular Stormies (and Vader sets as well, which is silly since they're unchanged from what I saw), plus a pair each of Mara, Assassin Droid, and Mirror Fel ;)

Some new guy grabbed a basket and arrived at the aisle a bit late because of it. Beeline straight for GIJoe, which only had a Sgt. Stalker. Guess he was hoping to score big!

Tycho
11-19-2007, 01:37 PM
The real issue is how are all these Saga Legends going to sell out before, or even after Christmas?

Then if they do, are the SKUs set to re-order MORE of them?:rolleyes:

I think the two "collections" idea is really starting to hurt the hobby for us longhaul fans.

It's more profitable for Hasbro to put out SL if they keep selling them to the retailers because they don't have to pay anything for new tooling. I understand that. But geeze.

Luuuuuuke
11-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Got the 2 ARC 170 battlepacks I wanted this morning, plus one for a collector whose watching my back, at West Covina Target. Didn't have to use DPCI. They were on the shelf--well, three of them. I have a feeling someone had them pull them last night. Probably not a scalper since 3 were left.

Baldwin Park Target finally got them in, but they have not put them out yet. Both stores have the AT-RT Assault Squad, but I'll wait for those to hit the pegs.

Jango Speck
11-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Got my GG 5-Commanders tonight!!

Funny Money
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Funny Money, if you still want the Wave 7 stash at La Cienega TRU, it's still there...

FB-Much thanks my friend,.. figs are awesome. I still need McSolo! Help,.. anyone.

Luuuuuuke
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Cracked open my two ARC 170 battlepacks. Really like the clones. Better than expected. The pilots are cool looking and so is the R2 unit. But who needs that many pilots and the same R2 units. I think this battlepack will pegwarm a little after a while.

Opened my Battlefront II Clones pack(the droid pack is crap; they look like swapmeet knockoffs). All I'll say for now is the Clones pack is overrated, and the Engineer with the new helmet is very overrated and crudely done. The Sharpshooter is the best in my opinion, and the 501st Jet Trooper and the Heavy Trooper are the second and third best; the Engineer gets points for originality, but it's a lot worse executed than the pictures suggest. The pictures make it look great. In person, it looks more like a pig than I thought it would. The regular 501st clone is a waste of plastic.

figrin bran
11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
FB-Much thanks my friend,.. figs are awesome. I still need McSolo! Help,.. anyone.

No problem at all! Thank Turbowars as well for passing up the stash.

That particular store has been getting quite a lot of various cases in lately so keep on checking there periodically.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Hey I'm in need of a clean sandtrooper with white paldron, if anyone can help, most appreciated. I woudn't mind two. I haven't seen them down here at all, just the orange ones in large amounts.

thanks

Turbowars
11-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Hey I'm in need of a clean sandtrooper with white paldron, if anyone can help, most appreciated. I woudn't mind two. I haven't seen them down here at all, just the orange ones in large amounts.

thanks
I'll keep a look out for you!:thumbsup:

CrunchyNug
11-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Hey I'm in need of a clean sandtrooper with white paldron, if anyone can help, most appreciated.

thanks

Got an extra. PM me for details.

toonimator
11-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Full pegs of older stuff at Burbank Target. Lots of white Sandies, Shockies, Clone Captains. Picked up a 2nd Starkiller finally! The only McFig out today. Not a full Wave 5 set tho, only Anakin & Roron besides Star. Tons of people there for Rock Band lining up in Electronics... Plumber Bob, Commtech & I could've just grabbed some from an endcap halfway to action figures that everyone else was oblivious to. :)

Commtech
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Plumber Bob, Commtech & I could've just grabbed some from an endcap halfway to action figures that everyone else was oblivious to. :)

LOL! And on our way out they were still in line waiting for a box while the endcap was still full with them.:D

darkagent
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Hit Los Feliz TRU this morning. They had cases of Wave 4, 5 and Wave 7 out. Only 1 McSolo (there should have been at least 6) and 2 McVaders on the shelves, No UGH McStormie, but thet did have UGH Luke and Han. Apparently they restocked before closing last night. So, either someone got really lucky last night or the employees got them.

Also heard that Wave 7.5 hit East Pasadena Target big time today. I was told they put out several cases and that one lady had about 30 of those figures in her cart. :(

Luuuuuuke
11-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Baldwin Park Target had 30 Endor and Hoth Target exclusive super battlepacks or whatever they're called. Probably equal numbers of each. On top shelf. I'm passing on these. No AT-RT assault battlepack, which is what I'm looking for.

Jango Speck
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Anyone have an extra MOMC UGH McChewie? I'm about to spend $12 to have one shipped to me.

stillakid
11-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I found absolutely NO Star Wars stuff while in China... but just got back to Encino a few minutes ago and have a wall of boxes from EE and Hasbrotoys.com to open. It's like Christmas! :love:

toonimator
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Anyone have an extra MOMC UGH McChewie? I'm about to spend $12 to have one shipped to me.
I think I do! Not sure how "M" the card is. Got it awhile back for trade bait, but I've never really traded so I never advertised really :rolleyes:

Frank Footer
11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Hit Los Feliz TRU this morning. They had cases of Wave 4, 5 and Wave 7 out. Only 1 McSolo (there should have been at least 6) and 2 McVaders on the shelves, No UGH McStormie, but thet did have UGH Luke and Han. Apparently they restocked before closing last night. So, either someone got really lucky last night or the employees got them.

Dang!

Hit the wrong TRU this morning! Burbank had a whole lot of dusty nuthin'. The TF section was full to bursting -- looked like newish stuff. Also stopped by Burbank Target, and saw even less than what Toonimator described. Almost everything he mentioned was cleared out.

Cataclizm1
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
This morning at City of Hawthorne TRU, me, my buddy, and a new guy were 1st to the SW section. My buddy grabbed a McSolo and the new guy I didn't know was nice enough to give me an extra McSolo he found. :D There was also a bunch of wave 5 and 7 left after we were done, but no more MCSolos or Starkillers.

AussieScott
11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Dropped by Alhambra TRU just before lunchtime... given the time of day, I was surprised to find 1 Concept Solo and 2 Concept Vader... bought Solo and 1 Vader, left the other one. Pegs were a little lightweight but they did have a Cargo Net R2 and a few other things. TF Deluxe section was the fullest I've seen it for months, including Jazz, Arcee, Brawl etc. They had heaps of the $20 vehicles but they are all shelved 9 feet off the ground (why???) and, of course, are $25.

The nearby Target was a bit disappointing, none of the new Battle Packs although they had a few of the ARC-170 elite squads, and Betrayal on Bespin (not sure how new that one is).

When I got back I realised my Concept Solo has a bent card, so if anyone wants one to open I'm happy to pass him on. I'll be in town until Wednesday evening.

CrunchyNug
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I got the last of my Target exclusives this morning. I've had to drop some $$$ to do so, but in the last few days I've got -

ARC-170
ARC-170 BP
AT-RT BP
Hoth BP
Endor BP

WOW or never is right!!! :crazed:

MicroJow
11-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Aussie, you have a PM!

Thanks to Crunchy and his magical list of DPCI numbers, I picked up the AT-RT Assault Squad at Target today. I usually don't go for vehicles, but I really wanted that dang Clone Commander!

- J

Funny Money
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
TRU La Cienega had the Hermie wave. No Malak, two Revans,.. no McFigures at all... is that a revision case or did the Mcfigs possibly go out the back door??

Couple of dudes there to grab the Rock Band PS3/XBox game.

Turbowars
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey Guys I'm still looking for

1 Tat Annie
2 Ewoks
1 Tycho
1 Clean White Sandy
1 Orange Evo Sandy
Wave 7.5 and 8 I really want that ASTRO!
and a Arc-170 BP

figrin bran
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM

1 Tat Annie
2 Ewoks
1 Tycho
1 Clean White Sandy
1 Orange Evo Sandy
and a Arc-170 BP

If only you would've spoken sooner, I've passed up Tat Ani's and Tychos lately!

darkagent
11-20-2007, 11:30 PM

1 Tat Annie
2 Ewoks
1 Tycho
1 Clean White Sandy
1 Orange Evo Sandy
and a Arc-170 BP

The Tat Annie, Ewoks and Tycho were all at Los Feliz TRU this morning. I've seen the Clean White Sandy at several local Targets as a pegwarmer. Haven't seen the Orange Evo Sandy yet.

Commtech
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM

I think I have one too. If you haven't bought it yet, let me know. Meanwhile I'll look for it.

figrin bran
11-21-2007, 01:34 AM
The Tat Annie, Ewoks and Tycho were all at Los Feliz TRU this morning. I've seen the Clean White Sandy at several local Targets as a pegwarmer. Haven't seen the Orange Evo Sandy yet.

I'm army building the Clean White Sandtroopers so to everyone, please stash if you find them, especially multiples. Thanks!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-21-2007, 02:10 AM
I found absolutely NO Star Wars stuff while in China... but just got back to Encino a few minutes ago and have a wall of boxes from EE and Hasbrotoys.com to open. It's like Christmas! :love:

Post your ill booten gotti, or ill gotten bootie, will ya. Not that is was ILL gotten, but post anyhoo. :thumbsup:

found a mcfett at Cerritos TRU just hangin there, absolutely NO wave 7 and above for LB yet that I've been able to get.

got big bad hoth set today at Seal Beach Target, they had them stacked up on top as well. remnants of wave 5 and a bunch of wave 1??

Long Beach targets = worst EVER! They are really starting to **** me off - they have had and still have NOTHING. I don't know why I bother.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 05:01 AM
When I got back I realised my Concept Solo has a bent card, so if anyone wants one to open I'm happy to pass him on. I'll be in town until Wednesday evening.Oh, you're killing me! I totally want this, but I'm doing early thanksgiving with the family tomorrow, no way I can get out of it.

Turbo, am I holding any figs for you? I mentioned I had 1 or 2 of what you wanted before, but you never confirmed.

toonimator
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
SSC Bespin Luke arrived yesterday! And before I even got the figure opened, just looking at the accessories and putting the blaster in his trigger hand, the barrel of the gun snapped right off. :cry: Anyone know if they replace parts, or would it have to be a full figure exchange?

EE Mandies set is on its way, too!

Frank Footer
11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Glendale Target had all of Wave 7.5 this AM. Surprising to see new stuff here.

A confused-looking dad approached me with a few Cars, asking if the ones he selected were "good". He had 2 Dale Jr., and told him they were indeed. He was happy to hear his kids would like them.

Jango, do you still need Dale Jr.? I'll stash if I see one again.

stillakid
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Post your ill booten gotti, or ill gotten bootie, will ya. Not that is was ILL gotten, but post anyhoo. :thumbsup:

I needed some sleep. :)

Here's what came in the mail from EE and Hasbrotoyshop.com:

C3PO and Salacious Crumb
Roron Corobb
Yoda & Kybuck
Anakin Skywalker Animated with tattoos
Darth Revan
Darth Malak
Han Solo with Torture Rack
General McQuarrie
Boba Fett (McQuarrie)
Pit Droids (white)
Hermi Odle

Comic Packs:
Koffi Arana and Bultar Swan
Baron Soontir Fel and Derek "Hobbie" Klivian
Anakin Skywalker and Assasin Droid
Obi Wan Kenobi and Arc Trooper
Princess Leia and Darth Vader

So I need:
#36 - General Grievous(Pre-Cyborg)
#37 - Concept Starkiller Hero (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series)
#39. Lando Calrissian
#41. 4-LOM
#42. Concept Snowtrooper (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series)

Wave #7
#43. Ewoks: Romba and Graak
#44. A-wing Pilot
#45. Spirit of Anakin Skywalker
#46. R2-D2
#47. Concept Han Solo (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series)

Comic Packs:
*Revenge of the Sith #4 - Bail Organa with Leia and Obi-Wan Kenobi with Luke (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Republic #79 - Commander Keller and Galactic Marine (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Star Wars #81 - Boba Fett and Death Star Droid (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

I've got the following on order from Hasbrotoyshop.com

Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series Obi-Wan & Yoda with Exclusive Collector CoinExpected ship date: 12/7/2007

I've got the following on order from EE:
EE Exclusive Star Wars Elite Forces of the Republic

Wave 8 Revision 1
McQuarrie Concept Starkiller Hero (#3037), 1x Ewoks Romba and Graak (#3043), 1x R2-D2 with Cargo Net (#3046), 1x Holographic Darth Vader (#3048), 2x Clone Trooper (Red, #3049), and 2x Clone Trooper (Poncho, #3050)

Wave 7 Revision 1
This Wave 7 Revision 1 case includes 12 individually packaged 3 3/4-inch Action Figures (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?collect=Action%20Figures): 2x Imperial Stormtrooper (#3020), 2x McQuarrie Concept Han Solo (#3047), 2x Ewoks Romba and Graak (#3043), 2x Spirit of Anakin Skywalker (#3045), 2x Tycho Celchu A-Wing Pilot (#3044), and 2x R2-D2 with Cargo Net (#3046). (Subject to change.)

Wave 6 Revision 1
This Wave 6 Revision 1 case includes 12 individually packaged 3 3/4-inch Action Figures (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?collect=Action%20Figures): 2x Imperial Stormtrooper (#3020), 2x McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper (#3042), 2x Han Solo with Bespin Torture Rack (#3038), 2x Lando Calrissian in Smuggler Outfit (#3039), 2x General Pharl McQuarrie (#3040), and 2x 4-LOM (#3041). (Subject to change.)

Comic Packs Wave 5
This Wave 5 case includes 8 individually packaged action figure 2-packs with included comic book reprint: 1x Republic issue #57 with Anakin Skywalker and Assassin Droid, 1x X-Wing Rogue Squadron issue #21 Baron Fel and Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, 2x Star Wars (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Star%20Wars) Empire issue #39 with Luke Skywalker (Lt. Jundland) and Lt. Shan, 2x Star Wars (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Star%20Wars) Empire issue #37 with Mouse and Basso (Stormtrooper Disguise), and 2x Star Wars (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Star%20Wars) Tales issue #23 with Republic Commando and Super Battle Droid. (Subject to change.)

Comic Packs Wave 3 Revision 1
This Wave 3, Revision 1 case includes 8 individually packaged action figure 2-packs with included comic book reprint: 1x Republic issue #31 with Dark Woman and A'Sharad Hett, 1x Empire Strikes Back Infinities issue #4 with Darth Vader and Princess Leia, 2x Heir to the Empire issue #5 with Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker, 3x Crimson Empire issue #6 with Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax, and 1x Twilight issue #1 with Quinlan Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk. (Subject to change.)

And from the previous posts, it looks like there are some Target exclusives to look for. I'm kinda behind in keeping up with the current stuff that's out there. I miss the old days when there were up-to-date wave listings of figures and vehicles. It can be as difficult to figure out what is being released as it is to find it.

AussieScott
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
[quote=JediTricks;581675]Oh, you're killing me! I totally want this, but I'm doing early thanksgiving with the family tomorrow, no way I can get out of it.

MicroJow was first but can't meet up on short notice either... no other takers right now. I'll be back in early December but that will be with the family so I probably won't have time to do favours, although I could drop something in the mail... if I still have it I'll advertise again next time I'm here with time to spare (probably end of January, they'll be on clearance by then most likely!)

CrunchyNug
11-21-2007, 01:50 PM

1 Tat Annie
2 Ewoks
1 Tycho
1 Clean White Sandy
1 Orange Evo Sandy
and a Arc-170 BP

You've got a PM.

Frank Footer
11-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Wave 7 is finally listed as "coming soon" at HTS --

KiValleyTiger
11-21-2007, 04:31 PM
What's up guys! I almost could not remember my password:D
Good to see some of the familiar names. I'm still picking up pieces here and there, but with new job, schedule and family, it's tough to do. The good thing, my collection is not growing exponentially anymore. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I just remembered you guys when I accidentally found Darth Revan and Darth Malak yesterday, and I could not resist to reach to my wallet.:cry:

Happy Thanksgiving and have fun on Black Friday....

Tycho
11-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I went to Toys R Us (same store) twice today - at opening, and around 1:30pm. There's nothing. They have stuff up to Wave 4 and that's it.

I hear that if they get Wave 5 or higher in, it sells out immediately. If they even get it in. Their Saga Legends "dump" is not as bad as my other retailers though.

I went to Target about 2pm today and they had nothing. Their Saga Legends is badly overstocked - lot of the black R4, RA-7 Droid, all kinds of white armor variations, and there's no store you'd have trouble finding Darth Vader at. They did have the Bespin Betrayal battle pack (1 of them that I saw). That was sort of cool seeing that. I'd long intended to set that scene up with figures I already had. It was cool to see that Hasbro was doing it exactly as I'd have done it (with adding Lando, Lobot, and stormtroopers).

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 06:15 PM
SSC Bespin Luke arrived yesterday! And before I even got the figure opened, just looking at the accessories and putting the blaster in his trigger hand, the barrel of the gun snapped right off. :cry: Anyone know if they replace parts, or would it have to be a full figure exchange?They do replace individual parts and even costume elements.

Oh, you're killing me! I totally want this, but I'm doing early thanksgiving with the family tomorrow, no way I can get out of it.
MicroJow was first but can't meet up on short notice either... no other takers right now. I'll be back in early December but that will be with the family so I probably won't have time to do favours, although I could drop something in the mail... if I still have it I'll advertise again next time I'm here with time to spare (probably end of January, they'll be on clearance by then most likely!)Well, that thing I was doing, I did get out of it, but only because I caught a cold. :p Thanks anyway.

Jango Speck
11-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Met up with Turbo and Commtech at "You Know How It Is" TRU- my UGH set is finally complete. Nothing good in the store though...that we know of.

Cataclizm1
11-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Hey guys I just watched Staw Wars on DVD again and I decided I need to get the Luke and Han storm trooper disguise figures. I did some research and it seems the comic pack versions are the best ones and most articulated. Also I see that there is a variant for each that is all-white with no blue shading. My question is how much rarer is the all white versions, and do any of you still see the all-white ones in stores? Thanks in advance.

Jango Speck
11-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Hey guys I just watched Staw Wars on DVD again and I decided I need to get the Luke and Han storm trooper disguise figures. I did some research and it seems the comic pack versions are the best ones and most articulated. Also I see that there is a variant for each that is all-white with no blue shading. My question is how much rarer is the all white versions, and do any of you still see the all-white ones in stores? Thanks in advance.

I don't think the all-white variants have hit yet, or at least they aren't widespread yet. Give it a couple weeks.

Cataclizm1
11-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the info, so nobody has seen them in stores yet?

darkagent
11-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the info, so nobody has seen them in stores yet?

I picked up a set a couple days ago at Burbank Target, thanks to Toonimator's tip (left a set on the pegs). So far, that's the only time I've ever seen them. Not sure if they're shipping with the new wave or if they have their own case assortment. But like Jango says, it's still early, so it should hit in bigger numbers any day now.

K M Toydarian
11-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Saw them at a couple Valley Targets this week. There were all 3 original trooper sets (Luke, Han, and Tarkin/Stormtrooper) sets with the all white version. They still have the red visor eyes though, which makes it weird and still a little cartoony. The partner figures (Chewy, R2, and Tarkin) are still cartoon colors too.
I can't remember now if they were with the newest comic packs or not.
To the untrained eye, they look the same as the old ones, so they should be easy to find.

Also picked up the Hoth Battle Pack in the Valley. These should be plentiful. I need to get the Endor pack now, after seeing the reviews and the fact the bikes aren't the "exploding" kind.

Turbowars
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Anyone have an extra Astromech Droid from the ARC-170 Battle Pack? It's the only figure that I want from that BP.

I'm also jonesing for a few R2-B1's from wave 7.5!

Good luck tomorrow to those that hit the stores.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
11-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Some of Wave 7.5 up on HTS right now. Hawkbat Clone and Holo Vader sold out in a few min (missed those). Managed to score the rest of 'em.

CATWEB10 will get you 10% off.

-Snags

Tycho
11-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I just went there and was allowed to order - mainly what would become the pegwarmers I'll find in the stores eventually anyway: Naboo Trooper, black Rebel Fleet Trooper, and the Rodian.

They tried to GIVE ME a free Darth Vader figure for ordering.

That made me cancel my order right now. Hasbro couldn't do anything to make me take on any more Vaders!

Plus, I'll likely find these figures in the stores anyway. If I'm even going to bother ordering online, I might as well get stuff I really want like Wave 7 / Wave 8 figures, and the Starkiller Hero.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Jango Speck
11-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Anyone know what time Target and TRU open tomorrow (Friday)?

CrunchyNug
11-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Anyone have an extra Astromech Droid from the ARC-170 Battle Pack?

Yes, and it's yours.

BlueSnags
11-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Just ordered a Wave 7.5 Holo Vader from HTS - there's about 10 left.

-Snags

darkagent
11-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Anyone know what time Target and TRU open tomorrow (Friday)?

TRU 5am

Target 6am

gambitguru
11-22-2007, 08:02 PM
if anybody find mcsnowies tommorow please pick up for me or stash. im planning on going to tru, target and wally world.

BlueSnags
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Hit Glendale Target at opening this morning (5AM). It was a total clusterf---, even worse than I expected. Managed to grab a McStarkiller and the 2 variant Comic Packs (White Han Stormie and White Luke Stormie) before the flood of people showed up in the SW aisle. No Wave 7.5, no ARC BPs, ARCs or TIE Bombers.

Also hit Eagle Rock Target, Pasadena Target and Pacoima Target - all had jack squat. Saw Dirty Sanchez at Pasadena Target around 6:30AM - he was running around the SW aisle like a fool, babbling to himself the whole time. Maybe he drank too much coffee this morning.

Figrin, I stashed 7 White/White Sandtroopers over at Pasadena Target - PM me for location.

Still need/please stash:
Wave 7.5 Poncho Clone Trooper (Hawkbat)
Wave 7.5 Clone Trooper (7th Legion)
Wave 7.5 R2-B1
Wave 8 McQuarrie Rebel (opener - condition doesn't matter)
Target TIE Bomber
Target ARC-170 (The ship, not the BP)

-Snags

CrunchyNug
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks to MicroJow for letting me "get in line" with him this morning over at Sepulveda Target at 6:00 AM. We got up to the Star Wars section only to find lots of w5 clogging the pegs. We did manage to get some help from a very friendly employee who was able to bring a few w7.5 cases out for us. Other than that, no signs of any exclusives (except the mountain of WOW Hoth/Endor BP's).

TRU was a nightmare, but I was surprised to see a few w7 cases stocked. Grabbed a pair of McSolos.

figrin bran
11-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Hit Glendale Target at opening this morning (5AM). It was a total clusterf---, even worse than I expected. Managed to grab a McStarkiller and the 2 variant Comic Packs (White Han Stormie and White Luke Stormie) before the flood of people showed up in the SW aisle. No Wave 7.5, no ARC BPs, ARCs or TIE Bombers.

Also hit Eagle Rock Target, Pasadena Target and Pacoima Target - all had jack squat. Saw Dirty Sanchez at Pasadena Target around 6:30AM - he was running around the SW aisle like a fool, babbling to himself the whole time. Maybe he drank too much coffee this morning.

Figrin, I stashed 7 White/White Sandtroopers over at Pasadena Target - PM me for location.

I'm not sure if you guys would be interested but Radio Shack has these MR Saber LED flashlights for 5.99 each. I picked up a Luke, Yoda and Vader

-Snags

Thanks for the stash Snags! :thumbsup: I'm PMing you right now for the location.

I went to La Brea Target this morning and what a disappointment it was. I got one of the Cody transformers but there weren't any new waves nor any ARC BP's or Hoth/Endor sets.

Turbowars
11-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, and it's yours.AWESOME!:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
11-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Just ordered my AFX GG exclusive Luke Stormie Dionaga maquette!

Cataclizm1
11-23-2007, 01:27 PM
If anyone in my area finds the Cody Transformer please stash. Thanks!

Turbowars
11-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I got some cool stuff today, 1st time ever on a Black Friday.

I ordered the AFX GG exclusive Luke Stormie Dionaga maquette
Found the Target Hoth BP, FN AWESOME!
3/4 of wave 7.5!

figrin bran
11-23-2007, 03:26 PM
At Los Feliz TRU, I stashed an R2 w. cargo net, Spirit Anakin, McVader and Malek. PM me if you want them.

I also picked up a Starkiller for Tycho

gambitguru
11-23-2007, 03:49 PM
went to target balboa. they had battle packs endor/hoth. my estimation they had about 15 of each. the endor looks good not too sure about the hoth one. pretty expensive $50.00. ill wait and hope they go on clearance.

went to tru burbank at 515. there was a super huge long line. nothing new star wars. did mange to pick up an optimus cybertron for $20. i saw bluesnags pulling in to the parking lot while i was leaving.

also went to target nordhoff and pacoima. nothing there

overall black friday was very dissapointing.

so are they going to rerelease the arc170 vehicle, what is the paint scheme this time.

all i want is couple mcsnowies and couple mcrebeltroop.

Tycho
11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I also picked up a Starkiller for Tycho

Wow. Thank you!

I didn't go out. I just woke up as a matter of fact. I might check if my stores replenished and if the pegwarmers sold out of everywhere a bit finally (one could hope).

But I got back in town from Thanksgiving at 2am, then stopped by the 24 hr grocery store and stocked up. It was 3-3:30 by the time I had everything put away in the fridge. I thought about staking out TRU in the parking lot from 4 until they opened at 5, but I lay down on my bed and that was it!

However, I finally felt like I got a great night's sleep!

figrin bran
11-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow. Thank you!

Hey Tycho, it's the least I could do for you helping me out with MP Screamer.

Gambit, the ARC-170 is going to be like the Clone Wars Gunship (and the CW ARC Transformer).

Jango Speck
11-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Anyone have an extra Legends Green AOTC Clone?

BlueSnags
11-23-2007, 11:39 PM
The EE Mandalorian packs showed up today at Blue Snag HQ. Very cool figures.

-Snags

Luuuuuuke
11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
The EE Mandalorian packs showed up today at Blue Snag HQ. Very cool figures.

-Snags

got these today and opened them. EXCELLENT figures. The best EE exclusive I think I've ever gotten. These are some of the best painted and designed Star Wars figures I've seen.

Made up for on otherwise uneventful Black Friday(at least as far as Star Wars).

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Turbo, mailed out your package this morning. Should be there on Monday or Tuesday

Tycho
11-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Toys R Us opened at 7am today. I got Wave 7:

2 McSolos (look like prequel Obi-Wans)
2 Ewok packs (need just 1 more)
1 Tycho figure (yup - my first and only - but I now have a Tycho figure!)

Then I went to Target at 8am and got:

1 Clone w. Poncho - for a local friend actually (that friend wants more)
1 red Naboo dude because he's JediTricks' favorite figure (need 2 more)
1 black Rebel Fleet Trooper

GI Joe wave 3 figures for NavTek (Shipwreck, Crimson Ninja, whatever)

CrunchyNug
11-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Lots of full pegs this morning, but mostly w5 rev cases. Some w7.5 showed up, but at a different Target from the ones I visited.

I did grab an extra McStarkiller & McFett...anyone still need these???

Got my EE pack yesterday too. Very nice!!!

Turbowars
11-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I found 2 Naboo soldiers today, but that was it from 7.5.

If anyone sees
2 Holo Vader's
1 hawkbat Clone
1 Vanguard Trooper
2 Pax
1 tycho
2 Ewoks
wave 8

please stash or pick up.

Commtech
11-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Nothing interesting today at Burbank Target. Went to Frank & Son's and they didn't have any of the new figures. Saw Darkagent there hanging out.

Cataclizm1
11-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Stopped at a Target since I had to get groceries. Well I will never go there in the afternoon again because the place was swarming. I saw a Vader and Rebel trooper comic pack, so I guess I got there too late for a White Luke/han variant comic pack. :( Also saw a nice empty section of the SWTF where the Cody Transformer was probably at before I got there. :( :(

Tycho
11-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I sent a PM to Crunchy for the Starkiller. But you local guys can have at it first if you need to.

K M Toydarian
11-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Found w7.5 at Target Sepulveda this afternoon (1pm) They were stocking toys and a girls was walking around with R2B1 looking for a place to put it. She looked over the Star Wars figures but was still confused. She asked a couple other ladies anout it, they all were confused, then just started stocking other toys. I was waiting for them to be put out, so I wouldn't bug them, but after that, a toy manager asked if I needed help. Apparently the wave 7.5 do not register in the computer, but he let me take what I wanted from the case. At the register they still didn't ring up, so we had to get someone to take a shelf tag to use. It was a long process, but I was patient, so I wouldn't cause a fuss. Anyway, I took all 7, plus an extra Naboo soldier, but couldn't stash any as there were at least 8 people stocking the toy section and cleaning up, and they were very nice.
Also got the Endor Battle Pack and the Cars 8 car multipack (on sale today for 19.00).
Pretty good haul, I think.

gambitguru
11-24-2007, 05:35 PM
went to target glendale at opening. they had 1 case of wave 7.5. i too had the problem of the figs not registering at the computer. it took forever at the register so i left. not really interesting figs to me. im going to pass on this wave. didnt know people needed them. so if i come across again, ill definately stash them.

all i want is couple mcsnowies and mcrebel trooper

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Last year at tis time wave 8 didnt ring up for me. I got them at the last clearance price of 1.76 each because the computer said they were on salvage(their clearance). Next time give it a shot. Cant hurt.

K M Toydarian
11-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Last year at tis time wave 8 didnt ring up for me. I got them at the last clearance price of 1.76 each because the computer said they were on salvage(their clearance). Next time give it a shot. Cant hurt.

The cashier almost gave them to me for 64 cents actually, cause I said they were 6.64 and she must have only heard .64 I couldn't do it though, she was being really nice and helpful.
I have had Target tell me I can't buy something that comes up salvage in the past. I wanted to buy a Halloween Martini shaker this year a week or so after Halloween, and I knew it would be 90% off, but the girl who scanned it for me with the gun, said that I couldn't buy it and it had to go back. It's a crap shoot if the employees understand the pricing policies and procedures or not. I usually know more than most, just from shopping so much and paying attention to that stuff.:grin:

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I would have been all over 64 cents. I would buy the pegwarmers at that price and return them to a WM just to clear shelf space.

figrin bran
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Snags, thanks for the White Sandtrooper stash! Good times, good times! :thumbsup:

I saw a lone red Naboo Soldier at Glendale Target but passed on it.

santosha
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving, went to Frank and Sons today needing 13 figure to complete the 60 30th TAC, found 9 of the final 13 for 90 which is a little more than the stores. Some were cheap others were a little high but my coin Album is nearly full. Alot of people there so you had to hunt around for the deals.
Peace Out

Cataclizm1
11-25-2007, 03:23 AM
Hey guys I'm looking for the R2-D2 Burger King toy that came out a few years ago. The shadow caster here: http://www.rebelscum.com/BK05shadowr2d2.asp

If you have one you want to get rid of for a good price let me know!

figrin bran
11-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Tycho, I got another Starkiller for you this morning!!!

Cataclizm1
11-25-2007, 03:02 PM
OK guys, this morning I went SW crazy! Went to Target Manhattan beach and they had some of wave 5. Also had a couple Hoth BPs but no Endor. Then I went to Target Redondo beach and they had about 8 each Endor and Hoth BPs. I picked up the Endor pack it's freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*ahem* Also picked up the ARC elite battle pack. I got an extra ARC pack too, if you want it PM me!
Went to Hawthorne TRU and they had some wave 7 and older stuff. I picked up an Endor Leia to go with my awesome Endor BP, and I also picked up the TRU exclusive Elite TIE interceptor which I had been ignoring all this time for some reason. And to top it off I picked up the Boba Transformer since I didn't have it yet. :D
Also my Buddy Bernie found me the variant Han and Luke comic packs with clean paint. But I think I got a variant of the variant! Luke's helmet eyes are almost black! Look at these pics:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4368/picture3160nh0.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3160nh0.jpg)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4931/picture3165mc2.jpg

Well here is a pic of my total haul for the day:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1903/picture3154vj4.jpg

And here's a pic of my cat investigating the new stuff:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7981/picture3153ep1.jpg

By the way, I've decided that I need an Endor AT-AT that TRU had last year. Has anyone seen anymore at their TRU? Or does anyone have an extra I can buy?

Funny Money
11-25-2007, 03:43 PM
...Went to Hawthorne TRU and they had some wave 7 and older stuff. I picked up an Endor Leia to go with my awesome Endor BP, ...

I was there too,.. I had the guy bring the ladder over. Were you the guy I offered up the Endor R2 to???? Any way,.. I stashed a Tycho, Endor R2, Spirit of Ani, and Ewoks at that TRU,.. PM me if anyone wants 'em.

Cataclizm1
11-25-2007, 03:45 PM
LOL yeah that was me. Bernie was the other guy with the mustache. Nice to *sort of* meet you.

Funny Money
11-25-2007, 06:24 PM
LOL yeah that was me. Bernie was the other guy with the mustache. Nice to *sort of* meet you.

Nice to meet you too. I thought the other guy might be a scalper. I could tell you were a collector. That's why I tried to give you the R2! :D
Happy hunting!

BTW... stash has been claimed

Cataclizm1
11-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Nice to meet you too. I thought the other guy might be a scalper. I could tell you were a collector. That's why I tried to give you the R2! :D
Happy hunting!

BTW... stash has been claimed
Haha no he's not a scalper. He's been collecting SW and only SW for many years (he's a completist) and has hooked me up and lots of other guys up. He's registered here too, but he doesn't post much.

Tycho
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice cat, Cataclizm. I'd like to hear his story.

I have 2 myself. Their biggest Star Wars adventure was when they invaded the Death Star - not kidding either. I don't know how they got into that display case (when they were kittens) but it was one moment I actually can recollect being paralyzed by panic!

Cataclizm1
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Nice cat, Cataclizm. I'd like to hear his story.

I have 2 myself. Their biggest Star Wars adventure was when they invaded the Death Star - not kidding either. I don't know how they got into that display case (when they were kittens) but it was one moment I actually can recollect being paralyzed by panic!
lol I think I had that same feeling when my cat got into my TF Alternators cabinet.

Tycho
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
lol I think I had that same feeling when my cat got into my TF Alternators cabinet.

Oh no! If you have either of the seemingly fragile Master Piece Megatron or Starscream figures in there as well (pretty much on scale with Alternators at least in robot mode) you might need to have your doctor check your heart!

I love my Alternators but think they're quite solid actually. My cats *could* knock them down - not that I think they ever will. I can't think of one that would really break.

Luuuuuuke
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for the R2-D2 Burger King toy that came out a few years ago. The shadow caster here: http://www.rebelscum.com/BK05shadowr2d2.asp

If you have one you want to get rid of for a good price let me know!

I have an extra one of those for reasons unknown. You can have it for free. Sending PM. I only hit one Target this morning, West Covina. They had about 8 of the endor and hoth packs total on an endcap. no wave 7.5 or 8 or really anything new there. this is the store I found the ARC Elite squad battlepack, but evidently they never put any more of those or any of the other exclusives out since.

Turbowars
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Got a Target to dig out a Tie Bomber today. It was like pulling teeth. I also found out there that you can't take the card board boxes out of the store because they recycle and make $ on it. I had an employ take a SW box out of my hands. :rolleyes:

Turbowars
11-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone want a boxed 12" Leia on Speeder bike for $20?

CrunchyNug
11-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Anyone want a boxed 12" Leia on Speeder bike for $20?

Sure!!! I take it off your hands.

Turbowars
11-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Sure!!! I take it off your hands.
It's yours

Cataclizm1
11-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Torrance target on Sepulveda has a mountain of both Ultimate BPs.

Luuuuuuke
11-26-2007, 02:26 AM
I was just able to get two AT-RT Assault Squad packs from an Eastside area Target. A nice young employee pulled a case for me. I left one behind since I only want one and the other is for a friend.

It was easy because the DPCI showed this pack was already on the shelves. Once I pointed out I could not find something that was supposed to be on the shelves according to the computer, it was a no brainer they'd pull it for me. Easy as pie and hassle free. :)

Ironically, they had a lot of Ultimate BPs on an endcap, but the DPCI showed they had none in the stockroom or on the shelves. Go figure.

Jango Speck
11-26-2007, 02:33 AM
By the way, I've decided that I need an Endor AT-AT that TRU had last year. Has anyone seen anymore at their TRU? Or does anyone have an extra I can buy?

There is a TRU that has the AT-ATs still- it's one of the worst locations, and I can't remember what street it's on, but Figrin is known for stashing things there. Anybody remember which one that is?

figrin bran
11-26-2007, 03:13 AM
There is a TRU that has the AT-ATs still- it's one of the worst locations, and I can't remember what street it's on, but Figrin is known for stashing things there. Anybody remember which one that is?

That would be either Los Feliz or La Cienega TRU. I don't think the former has any AT-AT's left so it's probably the latter location.

Cataclizm1
11-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Oh sweet, I'll call them tomorrow! Thanks.

Jango Speck
11-26-2007, 03:26 AM
La Cienega is the one I'm thinking of. They had about three a month or so ago.

Cataclizm1
11-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Can somebody give me the UPC # for the Endor AT-AT?

AussieScott
11-26-2007, 06:38 AM

TRU Alhambra had at least one a couple of days ago... it was down the front with the Star Wars Lego, I think they had a few more in the shelves over the Star Wars section at ladder height...

There's one in SF that still had about 20 last time I was there...

Funny Money
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Haha no he's not a scalper. He's been collecting SW and only SW for many years (he's a completist) and has hooked me up and lots of other guys up. He's registered here too, but he doesn't post much.

Sweet,.. good to know. I'll make sure to say 'hi' next time.

Frank Footer
11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
No shopping for me this past weekend -- the whole house was down with stomach flu/food poisoning. It was brutal.

My current stashables are McTrooper, McSolo, RA-7 & Tycho pilot. I'll keep an eye out for you guys' requests. Maybe I'll have some early AM company at Glendale Target now that they're starting to pay off. :D

Cataclizm1
11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks to a hot tip, I found about 20 Endor AT-AT's at Culver city TRU. I now have a new crown piece to my collection. :D Also stopped at Culver City Target on Jefferson and they had a couple of the Tiger stripe ARC-170s on the shelf. I passed.

CrunchyNug
11-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Stashed an UGH McChewie on my lunch-break. Any takers?

BlueSnags
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
I just ordered a 7th Fleet Clone from HTS, along with a GI Joe W4 Cobra Commander. Used CATWEB10, but it was still almost $9 a figure. I like how HTS limits the new figures to 1 per customer, then loads them up one at a time. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Ah well...I guess I should just be happy they didn't put it on sale at 3:30AM.

Still need a W7.5 Poncho Clone (or 2).

-Snags

Kidhuman
11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I tried to order 7 biker scouts last week and it was 1 per cust. I wasnt paying 7 different shipping charges on them F HTS and their limits

BlueSnags
11-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I tried to order 7 biker scouts last week and it was 1 per cust. I wasnt paying 7 different shipping charges on them F HTS and their limits

HTS has pretty much sucked lately.

-Snags

Frank Footer
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
On a whim, stopped in at Los Feliz TRU at 5PM. There was a smattering of Waves 4 through 7 -- CZ-4, Hermi, Spirit Ani, Cargo Net R2. I snagged a lone Tycho & stashed a Spirit Ani, if anyone wants it.

Tycho didn't ring up at the register, further delaying the already-lugubrious process that is checking out of any TRU. :o

Jango Speck
11-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Burbank Target had lots of Hoth/Endor battlepacks this afternoon. They're not bad- but I just can't plunk down $49 plus tax.

Sean the Hutt
11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
tycho,if you see another tycho you don't want let me know, Im in escondido and am looking for that figure big time! I have to go to Canada in Jan and know I will never get it up there.
thanks...if you can.
Oh found target exclusives today in Escondido..nice repacks.

Tycho
11-26-2007, 11:45 PM
OK Sean. Everyone needs to love having a Tycho figure! :D

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 02:18 AM
I went to the Cabazon Outlets with my wife today. Found a Starkiller at the KayBee store. They had the rest of the wave too.

I'm done with the Target exclusives except for buying one more ARC-170 Elite Squad battlepack. I love the AT-RT Assault Squad, but after opening it and posing the figures, I realized I don't need another one.

No sign of waves 7.5 or 8.

Cataclizm1
11-27-2007, 04:41 AM
OK Sean. Everyone needs to love having a Tycho figure! :D
It's because that figure is like the official mascot of this forum.

gambitguru
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Burbank Target had lots of Hoth/Endor battlepacks this afternoon. They're not bad- but I just can't plunk down $49 plus tax.

thats what im saying. i hope they go on clerance.

if anybody find extra mcsnowies or mcrebeltroop please stash or pick up for me.

going to pomona this friday for aquabat concert, i hope i can get lucky there, hopefully cause its Scalper & sons territory.

CrunchyNug
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Nothing new at Target this morning. I did find 3 cases of w7 at TRU. I was able to stash 2 McQuarrie Solos in 2 different locations. PM if interested!!!

Funny Money
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
La Cienega TRU,.. stashed McSolo along with the rest of wv7 (Ewoks, R2, Ani, Tycho),.. another stash is just wv7 minus Mcsolo,.. and CoolHan Luke, I stashed you a McVader, Pre Cyborg Gre., and Darth Revan. All stashes are in different locations, PM me if you need 'em.

Cataclizm1
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Picked up the Cody transformer, AT-AT transformer, Snowspeeder transformer at Target Manhattan beach. They also had a Rebel Vanguard Trooper that my buddy picked up. That was the only newer fig there.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3121/picture3172fi4.jpg

Commtech
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Nothing new at Target this morning. I did find 3 cases of w7 at TRU. I was able to stash 2 McQuarrie Solos in 2 different locations. PM if interested!!!

pm sent! :thumbsup:

Commtech
11-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Picked up the Cody transformer, AT-AT transformer, Snowspeeder transformer at Target Manhattan beach. They also had a Rebel Vanguard Trooper that my buddy picked up. That was the only newer fig there.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3121/picture3172fi4.jpg

Wow! I don't collect star wars transformers, but those look awesome!

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Alhambra Target had all the exclusives. I just bought one last ARC 170 Elite pack.

Got to watch a shrimpy scalper (and Frank & Son dealer I'm almost positive)with a thick mustache squirm as they wouldn't let him buy as many Marvel Legends as he wanted. They enforced the 3-per rule. "This has never happened to me," he whined. Thankfully, there's a first time for everything sucka!

Sounds like they're serious about it there. The cashier enforced it, very politely I have to add. Then a supervisor backed her up. "We're enforcing it now," he told the miniture scalper. Ha Ha! Anti-collector policy my arse! That's one policy I can live with.

they also had the dregs of wave 7.5. I'm passing on all of these except for the two clones, which they did not have. Earlier, I found wave 8 at W. Covina Target, but no McRebels at all. Bought 2 Jango Fetts, one for a fellow collector, and the clone in training.

Cataclizm1
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
More pics, Cody is a MUST have!

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9494/picture3174om6.jpg
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5443/picture3175ol0.jpg

gambitguru
11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Got to watch a shrimpy scalper (and Frank & Son dealer I'm almost positive)with a thick mustache squirm as they wouldn't let him buy as many Marvel Legends as he wanted. They enforced the 3-per rule. "This has never happened to me," he whined. Thankfully, there's a first time for everything sucka!

Sounds like they're serious about it there. The cashier enforced it, very politely I have to add. Then a supervisor backed her up. "We're enforcing it now," he told the miniture scalper. Ha Ha! Anti-collector policy my arse! That's one policy I can live with.

they also had the dregs of wave 7.5. I'm passing on all of these

wow i never heard that happen before. sounds like a good rule.
im in the same boat going to pass on wave 7.5.
all i want left from the figures that are left is mcrebeltroop

MicroJow
11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Always good to see you in the mornings, Crunchster! Even better to see you when one of us has something for the other! Thanks again for the McSolos and the stashed Mia & Tia! Guess it's my turn to find something for you!

- J

Commtech
11-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks to Crunchy for the McSolo stash.

stillakid
11-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Rare trip to Target for me this afternoon.

Found the big ol' Endor battle scene/pack thingie and the Hoth one too. No idea what they cost, I didn't want to know. No single carded figures on the pegs that I need and no McAnythings at all. Have yet to witness the rumored McSnowie at all. :(

Drove over to TRU on Topanga and found even less new stuff.

darkagent
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM

Was this new rule in writing and posted somewhere in the toy section? I for one don't like it at all. It may be cool because it limited a scalper today, but what about us collector's. Imagine it was you who went in there and found all of Wave 8, only to be told at the register that you can only get three of them. It especially sucks with the Marvel Legends figures, where you need to buy all 6-8 figures to complete the BAF.

If this new policy is not in writing and posted on the pegs, I think it can also be a little discriminatory. For instance, you go up there with six or more Star Wars figures, they automatically think you're a scalper, so they limit you to three figures. However, lets say a mom with her two kids goes to the same register with the same figures and is not turned down.

metaljedi
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
A Target opened up here a few months ago that enforces the 3 per person rule and it has to be 3 different figures per person.

Commtech
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
No arc 170 elite packs have hit Burbank yet. Wondering what's up with that?

JediTricks
11-27-2007, 10:55 PM
WeHo Target had a bunch of those Ultimate BPs, neither did anything for me at $50 though... even if they had been $30, I doubt I would have bothered, there's just something so bland about those sets to me, I guess 'cause I have nearly all those pieces already.

La Cienega TRU,.. stashed McSolo along with the rest of wv7 (Ewoks, R2, Ani, Tycho),.. another stash is just wv7 minus Mcsolo,.. and CoolHan Luke, I stashed you a McVader, Pre Cyborg Gre., and Darth Revan. All stashes are in different locations, PM me if you need 'em.PM sent!

More pics, Cody is a MUST have!

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9494/picture3174om6.jpg
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5443/picture3175ol0.jpgCody does look pretty good, kinda sad how the other 2 look so... not good. :p How can the toughest-looking SW vehicle ever become such a pathetic-looking robot mode? (I speak of the AT-AT)

figrin bran
11-27-2007, 11:17 PM
JT, you asked for my thoughts on the Cody TF and they'll be forthcoming in one of the SW TF threads, I promise. Your reviews tend to set a high standard to live up to! :p

Ideally I would've wanted the AT-AT but like you said, the bot mode wasn't befitting the "toughest looking SW vehicle".

Tycho
11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Imagine it was you who went in there and found all of Wave 8, only to be told at the register that you can only get three of them.

To be on the safe side, stash for yourself, and take 3 to the register. Check out. Put your purchase in your car. Then return and buy the rest for yourself at a different register during the same trip to the store.

Make sure you're not followed while you're stashing. Problem solved. But yeah, it's a very inconvenient policy.

Fortunately: I'm not army building any more. I got what I want. The most I want of any single figure style is 4 Training Clones from Wave 8. IF I happen upon them at Target, I'm now aware of this issue, though I can't say if my stores in San Diego are incorporating this policy.

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Was this new rule in writing and posted somewhere in the toy section? I for one don't like it at all. It may be cool because it limited a scalper today, but what about us collector's. Imagine it was you who went in there and found all of Wave 8, only to be told at the register that you can only get three of them. It especially sucks with the Marvel Legends figures, where you need to buy all 6-8 figures to complete the BAF.

I think in this case they were enforcing it because he had more than 3 of some figures. But I'm not sure.

The way I see it, alls fair in love and collecting. We stash stuff even though we're not really supposed to do that. Some people even stash stuff until it goes on clearance.

You go up there and they enforce THEIR rule--tough nuts for you, and me.
If you know a store has that policy, and they enforce it, you can always buy three and stash three, then come back and get the other three. It's a pain in the @ss but it's not the end of the world.

This is what scalpers and aggressive collector's sh*tty behavior has wrought. Like I said, I can live with this policy. I'm sure one day it'll work against me. But I'll live with it.

Funny Money
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
La Cienega TRU,.. stashed McSolo along with the rest of wv7 (Ewoks, R2, Ani, Tycho)
Has been claimed,..

Never FEAR!!!,.. another stash, wv7 minus Mcsolo, in different location, PM me if you need 'em. IMPORTANT..The cards had a slight curve to them.

Tycho
11-28-2007, 01:17 AM
you can always buy three and stash three, then come back and get the other three. It's a pain in the @ss but it's not the end of the world.

That's what I just said 3 posts above! Is there an echo in here?

Frank Footer
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Glendale Target: not bad stuff on the pegs at opening -- Starkiller, McFett, Revan, Malak, Tat Ani, Roron, etc. They had the clean white Luke & Han Trooper Comic Packs, plus a big endcap of Endor & Hoth sets.

I stashed the Starkiller in one spot, and a Pre-Grevious & Revan in another. PM if you want 'em!

santosha
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Target on Jefferson had 3 Arc 170 Battlepacks this morning

figrin bran
11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Glendale Target: not bad stuff on the pegs at opening -- Starkiller, McFett, Revan, Malak, Tat Ani, Roron, etc. They had the clean white Luke & Han Trooper Comic Packs, plus a big endcap of Endor & Hoth sets.

I stashed the Starkiller in one spot, and a Pre-Grevious & Revan in another. PM if you want 'em!

I'm sending you a PM for the Starkiller

Funny Money
11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
La Cienega TRU had nothing new. Plenty of SW Legends peg warmers.

CrunchyNug
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I saw a few w4 UGH cases this morning plus the new SW Transformers. I skipped the UGH's but got the AT-AT & Cody.

There's still one more McSolo stash in Burbank if anyone wants it.

Frank Footer
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I saw a few w4 UGH cases this morning plus the new SW Transformers. I skipped the UGH's but got the AT-AT & Cody.

There's still one more McSolo stash in Burbank if anyone wants it.

Crunchy, PM sent!

Luuuuuuke
11-28-2007, 02:16 PM
That's what I just said 3 posts above! Is there an echo in here?

Well, great minds think alike. ;)

By the way, we might be kissing the $19.99 Target battlepacks goodbye. Alhambra Target now has them marked for $21.99. I probably got the last one for $19.99 only because they put it in the wrong spot, where the ARC 170 battlepacks go. Those apparently are still $19.99.

I got a Coruscant clone pack at Alhambra this morning. Saw quite a bit of UGH figures today at two Targets. I don't collect those so I left. There was an Animated Fett UGH at West Covina.

Jango Speck
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
NFC shipped my wave 7/7.5 order today

darkagent
11-28-2007, 06:32 PM
By the way, we might be kissing the $19.99 Target battlepacks goodbye. Alhambra Target now has them marked for $21.99. I probably got the last one for $19.99 only because they put it in the wrong spot, where the ARC 170 battlepacks go. Those apparently are still $19.99.

I've noticed that Alhambra and some other Targets charge a dollar more for some things like the comic packs.

BlueSnags
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Glendale Target charges $1 more for comic packs.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I've noticed that Alhambra and some other Targets charge a dollar more for some things like the comic packs.
Torrance Target did that too.

I stopped at City of Hawthorne TRU around lunch time and all they had newish was a couple of Ewok 2-packs. I picked up another Stormtrooper becaue you can never have too many of those amirite?

JediTricks
11-28-2007, 09:20 PM
TRU La Cienega (west LA) now has a stashed Spirit of Hayden figure, PM Funny Money for location (he stashed it). And thanks to Funny Money's stashing on the wave 7 entries I picked up! :thumbsup:

JT, you asked for my thoughts on the Cody TF and they'll be forthcoming in one of the SW TF threads, I promise. Your reviews tend to set a high standard to live up to! :pYeah, I know, it's so much I haven't done reviews lately either. :crazed:

I think in this case they were enforcing it because he had more than 3 of some figures. But I'm not sure.

The way I see it, alls fair in love and collecting. We stash stuff even though we're not really supposed to do that. Some people even stash stuff until it goes on clearance.

You go up there and they enforce THEIR rule--tough nuts for you, and me.
If you know a store has that policy, and they enforce it, you can always buy three and stash three, then come back and get the other three. It's a pain in the @ss but it's not the end of the world.

This is what scalpers and aggressive collector's sh*tty behavior has wrought. Like I said, I can live with this policy. I'm sure one day it'll work against me. But I'll live with it.Here's the problem, it's enforced selectively instead of universally, you send grandma in and they'll sell her all the figures she can get because she's a "customer" instead of a "collector". That's bad because it's discrimination. However, it's not entirely unwise because the product is there to serve their main customers, not collectors and scalper scum.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
I keep a list by my kitchen counter of whatever I need to buy: paper towels, yogurt, juice - those sort of things are on my list right now.

I will run my errands at opportune "hunting times" when they pull pallets out or in the morning. If I find toys, I'll stay and buy the other items. If not, I'll try a different store. In that respect, I buy more than just the toys.

I am a regular customer. Just because I'm a male around 30 years old does not mean I should be suspect. Actually, most of the scalpers are older.

Luuuuuuke
11-29-2007, 02:05 AM
I am a regular customer. Just because I'm a male around 30 years old does not mean I should be suspect. Actually, most of the scalpers are older.

I think after a short while a lot of employees can tell who a lot of scalpers are. They have a certain look and they carry themselves a certain way. It's stereotyping, but it's pretty true. And yes, quite a few are up there in years.

Here's the problem, it's enforced selectively instead of universally, you send grandma in and they'll sell her all the figures she can get because she's a "customer" instead of a "collector". That's bad because it's discrimination. However, it's not entirely unwise because the product is there to serve their main customers, not collectors and scalper scum.

It is enforced selectively, but grandmas aren't a big demographic of Star Wars buyers, so... More often than not, if they're going to enforce it, they'll enforce it pretty much across the board, I imagine. It's not perfect. But like I said, I can live with it.

Collecting isn't fair. Children get screwed over more than anyone because of adult collectors and scalpers. If you don't happen to have a network of friends who also collect Star Wars, or even forum buddies, you're screwed because it's unlikely you'll benefit from stashing. Stashing is a great tool for many, but it always screws your average customer.

It's only "fair" that Target screw us all in this "little" way. What goes around comes around. Collecting isn't for the faint of heart.

stillakid
11-29-2007, 04:50 AM
I think after a short while a lot of employees can tell who a lot of scalpers are. They have a certain look and they carry themselves a certain way.

Yeah, they generally carry themselves through the doors of Target at opening time and speed-walk to the toy aisle to rape the shelves of everything real collectors and kids would want then take the multiples of the same toy up to the checkout lane five to ten minutes after store opening so they can jump in the car and head to the nearest TRU before they open so they can do the same thing.

Repeat as necessary.

Enjoy.

Keep Litter in its Place.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
It's so true that I'm like the youngest one out there almost without exception.

Why are these guys 10 years or more older than me (well maybe) buying up the toys and scalping them?

I don't know that I'm even going to live to my 40's, but assuming I do, I'll still have my Star Wars collection. But I won't be at Target adding to it, more than likely. I'll be home getting display cases delivered and constructing diorama environments to decorate my home with and showcase my collection that I've already amassed within.

Then I'll spend another good 10 years or more, quite frequently staring at them, while I travel, pursue other interests, and what not, looking back with fond memories of the days when I met some of my long-time friends at Target or Wal-Mart, that sort of thing.

Frank Footer
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Los Feliz TRU, 8:15AM:

Lots of Wave 8, minus McTrooper. Multiples of everything else. Good selection of other waves, as well. Go get 'em!

figrin bran
11-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to get to LF TRU today

CrunchyNug, I don't suppose you've found the JLU Grodd set, have you?

FrankFooter, RA-7 is available on Hasbrotoyshop.com right now

santosha
11-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Target on La Cienaga had battlepacks and some UGH Han and Luke
Target on Jefferson Culver City, lots of Battlepacks still at the old price
Hunt for Grevious and ARC 170 packs.
Had a Starkiller which I picked up.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Toys R Us: got wave 8 remnants:

Padme
2 Volf Jedi, I bought 1
3-4 Destroyer Droids, I didn't buy any - don't need them, but they kind of looked cool*

*Maybe I should pick some of these up later?

Jango and the Clones and the McQuarrie were gone (not that I want the McQuarrie Stupid-Trooper anyway)

Target: got wave 5 and none of it sold to the morning Hot Wheels crowd
I just bought the Starkiller figure. There was also a McFett on the pegs.

Figrin: - I'll get Padme on my own, comparing paint jobs with the one I got as time goes along. I guess I'll wait to open her as I only want 1, but it must be a great paint job. But thanks.

If you do come across extra Clones in Training (red jumpsuits), I'll take up to 4 of them. I'm sure I'll get Jango on my own most likely.

Volf is a good figure, btw.

As to STARKILLER, I need the 2 Figrin has for me, but I'm good on her now with the one I got today. Someone else can claim FrankFooter's stashed one, and CrunchyNug should get my check in his mail today for the 2 other Starkillers that he found.

Thanks guys.

CrunchyNug
11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Toys R Us: got wave 8 remnants:

Jango and the Clones and the McQuarrie were gone (not that I want the McQuarrie Stupid-Trooper anyway)

Thanks guys.

I'll take any McQuarrie Stupid-Troopers that you find that you don't want!!!

Tycho
11-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Alright. I'll pick them up if I see them, but they were long-gone for sure, today.

Cataclizm1
11-29-2007, 02:18 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: I stashed a white pauldron clean Sandtrooper, PM for details.

Target Manhattan Beach: I stashed another white pauldron clean Sandtrooper. PM for details.

(Are people even looking for these? I just thought they looked cool.)

darkagent
11-29-2007, 02:30 PM

Lots of Wave 8, minus McTrooper. Multiples of everything else. Good selection of other waves, as well. Go get 'em!

Thanks for the heads up. I got there at around 9:30am and was still able to get the figures I wanted. I did not know they open at 8am now. Wow.

Dirty Sanchez was still there and he told me that the stuff they put out today was nothing. He said they put out what must have been 10+ cases of Wave 8 yesterday. Basically, all the pegs were full and so were the bottom shelves. He said there was one guy with a lot of McTroopers in his cart.

Jango Speck
11-29-2007, 04:32 PM

As of 1pm there were only four destroyer droids. I stashed two.

Sean the Hutt
11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Found the barron fell/hobbie comic pack today, In Escondido

Frank Footer
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM

I second that! Stash away!

As to STARKILLER, I need the 2 Figrin has for me, but I'm good on her now with the one I got today. Someone else can claim FrankFooter's stashed one, and CrunchyNug should get my check in his mail today for the 2 other Starkillers that he found.

Starkiller has been claimed.

Thanks for the heads up. I got there at around 9:30am and was still able to get the figures I wanted. I did not know they open at 8am now. Wow.

Glad you got some Wave 8! I noticed they open at 7AM tomorrow (11/30) & Saturday (12/1).

Cataclizm1
11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Torrance TRU had a pair of the black dress Padme's and a pair of the Voolvif wolf dudes, but all the other new figs were wiped out before I got there.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Starkiller has been claimed.

What I meant by that is if Figrin Bran's claim on Starkiller was what you were referring to, he was getting that to include to a package he was mailing to me, but I got her covered.

I'm not in the local, local area for you guys, so it's hard not to feel guilty when I ask for something (I almost never do - and this is why) and then I find it here. I usually wait as San Diego gets stuff like about half a week to a week later than you guys up in LA.

I just follow your boards because I know a few of you and most of the guys I trade with down here post at Rebelscum and I guess Galactic Hunter, though I'd imagine that community is no longer as strong as it once was.

Luuuuuuke
11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I saw a Masterpiece Starscream at the city of Duarte Wal-Mart. After some internal debate, I bought it. Starscream was the only Transformer that ever really appealed to me--the old school one with the crazy arse voice. It looks pretty cool. Besides, I knew a scalper would snag it; I've seen 2 scalpers clear stores out of them.

It was funny how one of the employees kept looking at me with the Starscream. He probably thought, "There goes $100 I could have made."

Monrovia TRU had a lot of wave 8, except for the McRebels and Jango Fett(which I fortunately found yesterday).

figrin bran
11-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Frank Footer, I was indeed trying to get that Starkiller stash for Tycho but since he doesn't need it, feel free to offer it to anyone who may have PM'ed you. Thanks! As for wave 8, I need just about everything stashed.

Frank Footer
11-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Frank Footer, I was indeed trying to get that Starkiller stash for Tycho but since he doesn't need it, feel free to offer it to anyone who may have PM'ed you. Thanks! As for wave 8, I need just about everything stashed.

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for Wave 8 the next time I see it & stash stash stash.

So the Starkiller is still up for grabs, assuming its location hasn't been compromised. If anyone else wants it --

bikerscout
11-30-2007, 12:46 AM
MP SS is the best toy released this year. Never had a g1 SS toy, so it makes it all the better for me to have one now. Stellar. I need wave 8 - i know it's late, but i want to go to Los Feliz tru right now!! wish i read this sooner.

Tycho
11-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Figrin, did you get the MP Starscream I sent you? How do you like it?

I'm glad to see others enjoying Masterpiece Transformers, Bikerscout.

There only are 3 molds: Optimus Prime (MP01, MP02 (repaint as Ultra Magnus), MP04 - with trailer, and the 2 US versions, original 20th Anniversary and DVD Re-Mastered); MP03 Starscream (gun metal), MP06 Skywarp, and US version; and finally MP05 Megatron - not released in US yet and probably held up by replica gun laws.

I'd like to see others get the Masterpiece treatment (larger characters, the Alternator format works well for Autobot cars if they re-start that, or rename that line).

figrin bran
11-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Tycho, I won't be able to pick up the MP Screamer until Sat. as I'm working so late tomorrow that the post office will be closed by the time I get there. I'll definitely post my thoughts on it either here or in the TF's thread once I've opened him up.

bikerscout
11-30-2007, 02:46 AM
well, so much for the late TRU run, there were no signs of wave 8 (or 7, 7.5, 6 either). They had a McChewie and McBoba though. Couldn't resist the latter so I picked him up. Needed an opener anyway. That McChewie had been sitting there since last week, unless it was another one. I did a trade with swspiffy there last wed. Good guy to deal with. If you're looking for voyager class TFs, they had a lot of boxes out, don't know what was in them though.
Stopped at the glendale Target since it was closeby. They had nearly all of wave 7.5 out cept the hawkbat clone. Most of them had bad cards, particularly holo vader and rebel vanguard. If you need the coins though they're still there. I wound up getting the 7th legion clone. Didn't know he was removable helmet and comes with the evolutions pistol - a nice touch.

Jango Speck
11-30-2007, 02:53 AM
OK, my cases of wave 7 and 7.5 arrive next week. Here are the extras I'll have for anyone who's interested:

1x AIRBORNE TROOPER, 1x MCQUARRIE SERIES VADER, 1x ANAKIN SPIRIT, 1x R2-D2 IN CARGO NET.

1x R2-B1 ASTROMECH DROID, 1x NABOO SOLDIER, 1x PAX BONKIK, 1x REBEL VANGUARD TROOPER.

I also have 6 Stormtroopers that I'd love to get rid of. Anyone have a receipt for Target that they don't need? If not, Toys For Tots is gettin' them.

darkagent
11-30-2007, 10:37 AM
If anyone is looking for McSnowtroopers and is near Duarte Walmart, they should go there now. I was told they put out a lot of Wave 4, 5 and 6 cases. We're talking about full pegs and a couple endcaps with McSnowtroopers sitting there. They also had the new Cars toys too.

Cataclizm1
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
This morning I braved the monsoons and went to City of hawthorne TRU. I got there at about 7:50 and the doors were already open. But they only had old stuff inside. Then I went to Target Manhattan Beach. They had some of wave 4 and 5 but no McQuarries. I found a Hydra Agent variant (shouting mouth open) but I didn't really wanna buy it due to lack of room. I stashed it if anyone wants it PM me.

Frank Footer
11-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Glendale Target -- echoing what BikerScout said yesterday, a few 7.5 were there this AM, and indeed had damaged cards/bubbles. Nonetheless, I stashed a R2-B1, Vanguard Rebel (both a bit crumpled) and a Pax (good condition). PM for location. Left a Pax on the pegs, along with an UGH McChewie & UGH Airborne Trooper. The Starkiller stash remains.

Los Feliz TRU had nada, with the lone McChewie keeping watch on his own lonely peg. :cry:

EDIT: 7.5 stash has been claimed. Starkiller still available.

Tycho
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I got Deoxy a clean, white pauldron Sandtrooper at Target (got her one from Toys R Us yesterday).

They might have had all of Wave 5 there again (I got a Starkiller there yesterday) or it could have been my remnants. I saw a suspected scalper leaving as I was arriving late.)

Then I got NavTek a McQuarrie Snowtrooper from SEARS. Yeah. Go figure. I just stopped in on a hunch and they had 1 case of Wave 6. They plan to sell the rest of those figures by next November.

darkagent
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
For you JLU fans, be on the look out for the Gorilla Grodd 6 pack. I just picked one up from La Cienega Target today. I almost passed it up, thinking it was the Lava Doomday 6 pack (same packaging).

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 04:16 PM
If anyone is looking for McSnowtroopers and is near Duarte Walmart, they should go there now. I was told they put out a lot of Wave 4, 5 and 6 cases. We're talking about full pegs and a couple endcaps with McSnowtroopers sitting there. They also had the new Cars toys too.That kills me because I know by now they're all gone, the F&S scalper crew ruins everything on that side of town. :(

Luuuuuuke
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
That kills me because I know by now they're all gone, the F&S scalper crew ruins everything on that side of town. :(

I couldn't have gone anyway because of work, but yeah, they'd dissapear fast in that Bermuda Triangle of collecting. Having said that, i found the MP Starscream there yesterday.

I forgot to mention, I saw two small Han Solo replica blasters hanging on the pegs of the Covina Wal-Mart. They're very heavy and not plastic. I don't collect these things, but it's a well known brand. Black packaging. Egh, I forget the name. They come with a plaque.

Anyway, $42 I think.

I made the mistake of hitting Covina TRU this morning at 7 a.m. A whole lot of nothing on the pegs. I should have known cause none of the scalpers were there. Scalpers are like vultures. When they're around in big groups, it means there's something there.

Speaking of ugly animals, I saw Dirty Sanchez, or a damned good doppleganger, at Alhambra TRU this morning. He had his talons on an AT-RT Assault pack.

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Master Replicas Scaled Replica weapons, .33 scale specifically. That's pricey as hell though.

Finding scalpables over $50 isn't that hard unless the item is very limited, generally these guys don't buy out anything over $20 unless it's uber-rare.