PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jango Speck
11-30-2007, 09:42 PM
OK, I'm thinking about donating some un-returnable MOMC figures to Toys for Tots. According to the TfT website, Burbank has only two donation centers: TRU and "The God Store". If I give these to the "God Store", will they deem them "evil" and throw them away? If I give them to TRU, will their greasy employees (Dazed and Confused) or incoming hoarders (the toy bin is next to the front door) swipe them? Decisions decisions...

Turbowars
11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
OK, I'm thinking about donating some un-returnable MOMC figures to Toys for Tots. According to the TfT website, Burbank has only two donation centers: TRU and "The God Store". If I give these to the "God Store", will they deem them "evil" and throw them away? If I give them to TRU, will their greasy employees (Dazed and Confused) or incoming hoarders (the toy bin is next to the front door) swipe them? Decisions decisions...I think Dark Delicacies on Burbank has a little bin to donate toys. I gave about 20-30 POTF2 and EP1 carded figures to them last year.

figrin bran
11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
For you JLU fans, be on the look out for the Gorilla Grodd 6 pack. I just picked one up from La Cienega Target today. I almost passed it up, thinking it was the Lava Doomday 6 pack (same packaging).

darkagent, were there any more of that set at that particular store?

Speck, I donated some figures at the Los Feliz TRU Toys for Tots bin and they were still there a week after I had put them in.

Tycho
11-30-2007, 10:41 PM
CrunchyNug, I got your package with the Starkillers today. Thanks a bunch!

darkagent
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
darkagent, were there any more of that set at that particular store?

They had about 5 more sets when I left this morning. The price would not come up at the register, so the cashier asked me for the price. I was being a good guy, so I told him $19.99. He then told me, he would have accepted any price I told him.

CrunchyNug
12-01-2007, 12:05 AM
CrunchyNug, I got your package with the Starkillers today. Thanks a bunch!

Got your stuff too!!! You're welcome.

bikerscout
12-01-2007, 02:12 AM
That kills me because I know by now they're all gone, the F&S scalper crew ruins everything on that side of town. :(

don't fret at this right away, i read on a different site's forum that a guy got a newer McQuarrie for $6. It all depends on how well u haggle I guess.

Luuuuke - how could that scalper have an AT-RT assault pack at TRU ? target exclusive my man.

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 03:51 AM
If you donate figures, I suggest you mangle the bubble or card just enough to deter scumbags, kids don't care about MOMC anyway.

Also, you can donate toys to most fire departments who have their own program, and CHiPs for Kids takes toys at any CHP center (including the one in Glendale on Central).

Chaddymac
12-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I've got an extra set of wave 7 for anyone interested.

Cataclizm1
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Any Marvel legends fans, the hard to find Bucky, Rachel and wave 3 (Minus Hydra) are in stock at HTS. catweb10 for 10% off.

CrunchyNug
12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I've got an extra set of wave 7 for anyone interested.

I spotted these too and picked up a pair of McSolos last night...I couldn't just leave them hanging there so I grabbed 'em. Anyone interested?

Jango Speck
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Found the all-white Luke/Han stormtrooper comic packs today.

Glendale Target had a Hunt for Grievous BP, and some Bespin BPs.

Confession time: I'm starting to lust after the Ultimate Battlepacks. I said I had no interest, but when you count up the figures and accessories, those are amazingly priced. I'd still rather pay $39.99 each though...

figrin bran
12-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Speck, I stashed some Cars for you at Los Feliz TRU - Pitcrew Doc and Filmore plus Bob Cutlass. The latter one was a bit bent on the card, however. PM me if you need these.

Jango Speck
12-01-2007, 11:01 PM
For a hilarious read, check out this thread and scroll down for pictures:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=20&Number=2763345&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=8&vc=1

Navtek
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=20&Number=2763345&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=8&vc=1

That is HYSTERICAL! However, I think I would wait for the Mandolorian LOG Battlepack to get the most bang for my buck.

stillakid
12-01-2007, 11:34 PM

Cool, but the log doesn't include ANY accessories, like an Ewok or a rock. It could be used for the Leia meets Wicket diorama, though!

santosha
12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Some new items up on HTS now

figrin bran
12-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I ordered an R2-B1 and a Hawkbat clone from HTS. Didn't want any of the other wave 7.5 figures.

I stopped by La Cienega Target today hoping to find some of the JLU Grodd sets that darkagent found yesterday but they were all out. However, I did get the ARC battlepack from that store so that wasn't too bad.

stillakid
12-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up! :) I just ordered a bunch of figures. Split the order into two so I could get more than one of a couple things.

I got these things:

Star Wars Pax Bonkik Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Naboo Soldier Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Rebel Vanguard Trooper Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Saga Legends: Pit Droids with Exclusive Collector Coin (Black) 1
Star Wars Saga Legends: Biker Scout with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Rebel Honor Guard with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Clone Trooper: 7th Legion Trooper with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Darth Vader Hologram Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Spider-Man & Friends MR. POTATO HEAD SPIDER SPUD 1
Star Wars Expanded Universe Anakin Skywalker with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
36 Star Wars Expanded Universe Pre-Cyborg Grievous with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
39 Star Wars Lando Calrissian Action Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Battle Figure Stand (40-Pack Asst.)

41 Star Wars 4-LOM Action Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Saga Legends: Biker Scout with Exclusive Collector Coin

santosha
12-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up! :) I just ordered a bunch of figures. Split the order into two so I could get more than one of a couple things.

I got these things:

Star Wars Pax Bonkik Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Saga Legends: Pit Droids with Exclusive Collector Coin (Black) 1
Star Wars Saga Legends: Biker Scout with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Darth Vader Hologram Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Spider-Man & Friends MR. POTATO HEAD SPIDER SPUD 1
Star Wars Expanded Universe Anakin Skywalker with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
36 Star Wars Expanded Universe Pre-Cyborg Grievous with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
39 Star Wars Lando Calrissian Action Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Battle Figure Stand (40-Pack Asst.)

41 Star Wars 4-LOM Action Figure with Exclusive Collector Coin 1
Star Wars Saga Legends: Biker Scout with Exclusive Collector Coin

I see you also got the free MR. POTATO HEAD SPIDER SPUD.

stillakid
12-02-2007, 03:03 AM
I see you also got the free MR. POTATO HEAD SPIDER SPUD.

That'll be at least two or three. :) The nieces and nephews are going to LOVE them. :love:

Luuuuuuke
12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Got two Hawkbat clones yesterday. Took the robes and put them on two Evolution yellow clones. 100% better. Looks sleeker and more kick-***. (The Hawkbat clone's body seems slightly twisted and frumpy looking, a little like the gunner's even though it's essentially an Evo body).

The wave 8 R2 unit wants to make me slap a #24 on it and declare it a Kobe Bryant droid. Those colors look awfully like Lakers colors.

Commtech
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
HTS has a sale just for today on Titaniums only: 40% off using code TTNM40

Jango Speck
12-02-2007, 02:02 PM
OK, I'm getting ready to go drop off some figures at Toys For Tots- did you know the TFT founder lives in Burbank? Anyway, their website says toys valued at $10 or more- do you think $7 figures are going to be a problem?

Commtech
12-02-2007, 02:19 PM
OK, I'm getting ready to go drop off some figures at Toys For Tots- did you know the TFT founder lives in Burbank? Anyway, their website says toys valued at $10 or more- do you think $7 figures are going to be a problem?

What?! They get picky on the price amount? That's like a bum accepting only $5.00 bills.:upset:

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 03:50 PM
WM Duarte - R2-B1 x2, wave 7 remnants Deadyen and R2, SWTF Snowspeeder/Luke x3 (this thing looked so kibbly I passed).

Target Duarte - SL clean white Sandtrooper, Anakin/Assassin Droid Comic Pack (the latter of which I bought).

TRU Monrovia - Wave 8 remnants: Padme x2, Droideka x2, Clone Trainee. I bought the Clone and a Droideka, another collector got the other Droideka, neither of us bought the Padmes.

Droideka is nothing to write home about, the shield is way too small and the tray bends the arm in a way it's not designed to which warps it. Anakin/Assassin Droid is alright, the paint and sculpt on the droid is really good, they should use that limb design for Battle Droids even if it means fattening up the limbs a little. Clone Trainee is alright, looks good in the armor, likeness is dead on, fair articulation though leaving out the super shoulders and ankles was dubious.

Now my stash list is looking sweet...

McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
McQuarrie Concept Han Solo
2x McQuarrie Concept Rebel Trooper
wave 8 Jango
Evolutions-body orange Sandtrooper

Cataclizm1
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Nothing new at City of Hawthorne TRU. This was around noon.

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh, I forgot, Target Duarte had an endcap with all the new exclusives - the TIE Bomber, ARC-170, and some other crap I don't actually remember.

darkagent
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Anakin/Assassin Droid is alright, the paint and sculpt on the droid is really good, they should use that limb design for Battle Droids even if it means fattening up the limbs a little. Clone Trainee is alright, looks good in the armor, likeness is dead on, fair articulation though leaving out the super shoulders and ankles was dubious.[/LIST]

I've got to say, that I think the Anakn/Assassin Driod comic pack has got to be the best one so far. The Anakin is pretty good and the Assassin Droid is super articulated. :thumbsup:

I'm a little disappointed in the Clone Trooper. I think it would have been perfect if it had the same ball jointed shoulders and ankles, like Jango Fett does. Heck, I'd settle for the left foot being straight (not preposed) like the right one. As it is now, you've got to put him in a weird stance just to stand up straight.

Jango Speck
12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey Figrin, thanks for the "Cars" stash- I left Bob Cutlass behind.

figrin bran
12-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey Figrin, thanks for the "Cars" stash- I left Bob Cutlass behind.

No problem Speck. Glad I could help! That Andretti is proving to be really tough to find as I only found it once and that was on the old card. The Dinoco Helicopter has been even tougher for me to find as I've found just about every other car on the new cardback.

Navtek
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
No problem Speck. Glad I could help! That Andretti is proving to be really tough to find as I only found it once and that was on the old card. The Dinoco Helicopter has been even tougher for me to find as I've found just about every other car on the new cardback.

I've seen the Dinoco helicopter at Ralph's several times. That and the Mack truck playset are pretty common. Of course that is SD. LA Ralph's might be a little more picked over.

BlueSnags
12-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Speaking of new Cars, picked up "Fred" today at NoHo Target.

-Snags

darkagent
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM

Shoot, I just saw one today at the KB Toyworks on Woodman and Riverside. Forgot to stash it. It might still be there tomorrow.

CrunchyNug
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm in the market for a Fred stash!!!:thumbsup:

toonimator
12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks to Frank for the Starkiller stash!

santosha
12-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Target La Cienaga had Tie bomber and AT-ST on an end cap of a row this morning and a few battlepacks. Did see a scalper guy attacking the matchbox section and cars area. He had this guilty look on his face every time I looked at him.
Target on Jefferson had nothing new.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Found wave 7 at LBTC walmart and they received probably 15 cases of saga legends with evo sand trooper variant...in a huge bin of course...why, why do they do that?

BlueSnags
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Picked up a couple Evo Sandtroopers this morning at Walmart. They had at least 10 cases of Legends 5.5 - just as Deoxy noted at her store.

-Snags

Frank Footer
12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks to Frank for the Starkiller stash!

Cool! :thumbsup:

Glad you were able to get it.

Commtech
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Seems like the Hoth and Endor packs are gone at Burbank and NoHo Targets. That was fast!

Jango Speck
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Seems like the Hoth and Endor packs are gone at Burbank and NoHo Targets. That was fast!

Are they going to re-stock these since Xmas is still a few weeks away? I'm still on the fence, but knowing these aren't coming again might change my mind. Glendale had plenty this weekend BTW.

CrunchyNug
12-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Once those Ultimate Battle Packs are gone, they're gone for good. It was part of the WOW or never promotion. Looks like it's nearing the "never" phase. Same thing happened last year w/ the Shuttle...they never restocked those.

Cataclizm1
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Hawthorne TRU: pair of Ghost of Anakins, nothing newer. Had a bunch of Legends figures packed into the overhead things but I didn't check them.
Target Manhattan beach: Had 5-6 ARC elite BP's, sold out of the Ult BP's.

I just heard that the new movie transformer deluxe "Landmine" is out. As well as the Red Camaro Cliffjumper repaint. If anyone sees Landmine (blueish dune buggy) or Cliffjumper please stash for me I need them!

darkagent
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Are they going to re-stock these since Xmas is still a few weeks away? I'm still on the fence, but knowing these aren't coming again might change my mind. Glendale had plenty this weekend BTW.

I went to Glendale on Sunday and they around 10 left. La Cienega which had tons of them a couple weeks ago, seems to already be sold out. So if you're waiting for them to go on clearance, I wouldn't. They'll probably be gone in no time.

bikerscout
12-04-2007, 04:53 AM
you could take your chances though, reports came in last year of people getting the shuttle for 30% off! Too much recycled stuff in these UBPs - when the new AT-STs and bikes come out - you'll be regretting -lol!!!

Frank Footer
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I was gobsmacked this AM in the parking lot of Los Feliz TRU. As I walked to the store, a white POS car caught my eye. From a distance, it looked like the automobile of a hoarder, filled to the windows with trash & detritus. Upon closer inspection, it was a scalper car!

It had three of those huge Comic Con WB canvas bags stuffed full with toys, mostly Star Wars Potato Heads. The bags filled the entire back seat & passenger seat. Obviously, someone had been a busy little scalper! As I exited the store, the car was rapidly pulling away and I didn't get a look at the driver. Plenty of other stores to ravage, I guess --

TRU was deader than dead, BTW.

Cataclizm1
12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: Nothing new
Target Manhattan Beach: Nothing new. But I stashed an UGH Han Solo (Smuggler) (http://www.rebelscum.com/tac11hansolo.asp) and an UGH Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony) (http://www.rebelscum.com/tac12lukeyavin.asp). PM for location.

darkagent
12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Went to Glendale Target today and found all the new Cars. I have 2 seperate stashes each containing Dale Jr., Fred, Mario Andretti, Cartrip and one of the stashes has the helicopter. All were on the new card. PM me for the locations.

Jango Speck
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Went to Glendale Target today and found all the new Cars. I have 2 seperate stashes each containing Dale Jr., Fred, Mario Andretti, Cartrip and one of the stashes has the helicopter. All were on the new card. PM me for the locations.

PM sent for "Cars" cars.

figrin bran
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
darkagent, I'll take the Cars stash with the helicopter!

Jango Speck
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Found the new ARC-170, ARC-170 BP and AT-ST Kashyyk at Burbank Target this morning. No sign of the UBPs though.

Cataclizm1
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
AT-ST Kashyyk
What's that?

darkagent
12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Both Cars stashes claimed. Enjoy. :p

Jango Speck
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
What's that?

Sorry, I couldn't remember the exact name. It's the camouflage-deco chicken walker with drivers set.

santosha
12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Target La Cienaga also had the chicken walker, 1 Arc70 and Tie bombers with Pilots, also a bunch of cars. Jefferson Target had nothing this morning.

toonimator
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
When I got to Target a bit after 9, they still had a bunch of the AT-RT packs and one GH Cinema (DS Assault) and one ARC-170. Otherwise, bare shelves. I also relocated the SL to their proper pegs, and there was enough room for all of them with the Vader hooked right up front... leaving TONS of peg space for TAC.

Hopefully.

If the stockers actually use their scanners properly.

I forgot to check, but there may still be a Darth Vader behind the Unleashed BPs, for the low-low price of $9.99! Yep, someone returned another coin album Vader recently, probably for the full price too since they're back in the system. I moved it away from the basics since nobody in their right mind would buy it, and it'd stink if some clueless parent dropped $3 extra on a crappy Vader.

Jango Speck
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Oops, I forgot to report that I stashed two ARC-170 Battle Packs at Burbank Target. PM me for the 411.

Luuuuuuke
12-04-2007, 09:25 PM
The Target exclusives are spread out pretty erratically around the San Gabriel Valley. Some stores have the ARC170 Elite Squad packs in great numbers(Pico Rivera), others had none out, though plenty in the stockroom(Baldwin Park), and some had a few out (Commerce). A few had the AT-RTs, but I can't remember which. A few had the ARC170 fighter, and Pico Rivera had at least a half dozen. Most had the Ultimate Battlepacks, though generally between 3 and 10 now as opposed to two dozen.

Found Disney Cars' Fred today at Duarte Target.

Jango Speck
12-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Thanks to Darkagent, I am now 99% caught up on "Cars" die-cast.

I hit up Glendale Target just before close tonight: Tie-Bombers, ARC-170s, ARC 170 BP's, UBP, AT-RT's etc. I only took the cars, but could have spent a small fortune on SW. I hope I don't regret someday, not buying the UBP. You've got to admit they are an amazing value, and a better idea than a $99 shuttle.

bikerscout
12-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks to Darkagent, I am now 99% caught up on "Cars" die-cast.

I hit up Glendale Target just before close tonight: Tie-Bombers, ARC-170s, ARC 170 BP's, UBP, AT-RT's etc. I only took the cars, but could have spent a small fortune on SW. I hope I don't regret someday, not buying the UBP. You've got to admit they are an amazing value, and a better idea than a $99 shuttle.
I love how target releases 5 exclusives at once -like everyone has the $ and/or room for them all at once.
the shuttle was only $60 j. speck. An enormous vehicle and 2 decent figures is not to shabby for that price. Although, one could argue that the UBPs are a better value with what you get. Whatever, just a bunch of repainted boring repacks. Personally, I've wanted a shuttle ever since i was 8 yrs. old and my fantasy became true last year. Not just any shuttle, the Imperial shuttle!!!!!!!!

Jango Speck
12-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Oops, I was thinking of the TRU AT-AT and the Target Shuttle and was remembering how I missed both the first time around. $60 was a decent price I suppose. The funny thing now is the exclusive prices: $29.99 for ARC-170, $35 for Tie Bomber, $49 for UBP- these would have been more expensive had they been a TRU exclusive.

toonimator
12-05-2007, 12:33 PM
No doubt! Burbank Target didn't really have anything but more Legends, and old Legends at that (still no Evo-mold Sandies). I did my OCD repegging thing and stood a bunch of extra SLs on the shelf below the pegs, leaving tons of room for TAC. Someone came by and scanned both types of pegs, and went to grab the shelved figures so I mentioned that there were too many for those pegs (thinking she might try to stuff 'em on the TAC like the overnight people do), but she was just removing 'em! Hey, someone did the right thing for a change :)

There was a Hermi Odle, Kybuck, and an UGH McChewie as "new" arrivals in TAC. Not sure if there were any more before I got there, but the pegs were pretty packed. A couple GIJoe remnants says I probably missed some new goodies there. There's a lot more UBPs and more ARC-170s, but the endcap's been retagged for mostly just UBPs and blasters.

Picked up a Deluxe Will from POTC, and there were some new CARS too: got Fred & the helicopter! Also some new 2-packs like Mr. & Mrs. The King and the Rusty/Dusty set, but the two I want--Mia & Tia and PT & Flik--were naturally absent. Ah well!

darkagent
12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Los Feliz TRU put out one case of Wave 7 today and stashed a McSolo. PM me if you need it.

Tycho
12-05-2007, 12:53 PM
My Wal-Mart got Wave 5 - but I missed the Starkiller figure. It looks like that one and a Darth Revan were the only figures that sold from it when I found the case stocked.

Target down here had the AT-RT assault squad, the ARC-170 and the crew for it in a small Battle Pack, and the TIE Bomber. I looked and left everything. I have it in some form or another already.

toonimator
12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
darkangel, PM sent!

darkagent
12-05-2007, 01:35 PM
The McSolo stash has been claimed.

toonimator - PM sent with the location. Enjoy. :p

Commtech
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Not sure if there were any more before I got there, but the pegs were pretty packed. A couple GIJoe remnants says I probably missed some new goodies there.

You didn't miss anything Toon. I saw you walking into the store as I was paying for a arc 170 pilots battlepack. There were only 2 joes on the pegs and the rest as you described it. Weird that there were only 2 joes (cobra soldier and red ninja). I think they restocked those yesterday during the day.

Jango Speck
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
To those of you who've made deals with me for my NFC wave 7, 7.5 extras- the cases just arrived. I'll get things sorted out tonight and then we can meet up.

Cataclizm1
12-05-2007, 06:55 PM
City Of hawthorne TRU: Nothing new
Target Manhattan beach: Nothing new
Target Redondo beach galleria: End cap full of ARC elite BP's, AT-RT assault squad BP's, TIE Bombers, ARC-170 fighter repaints, Galactic Heroes Jabba sets and X-Wing sets
Torrance TRU: Nothing new.

Jango Speck
12-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Does anyone have extra Hasbro collector cases? HTS stopped selling them and I've run out. I'd love a 10-pack, but would be willing to take whatever you've got.

toonimator
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
The McSolo stash has been claimed.

toonimator - PM sent with the location. Enjoy. :p
Thanks! He was still there at 9pm, fortunately :) Now my Fantastic Five are complete! Still gotta get a couple extras for customs (including trying to customize one into a better version of the painting with a cape that doesn't stand so high on the shoulders, and shave down the inside of the harness so it rests more naturally, too). Just the McSnowie and McRebel to go for all the McQuarries!

Nothing new at Burbank Target but some more old Legends. After seeing an employee do it right yesterday, this morning it was back to "everything on TAC pegs, nothing on SL". There's 2 pegs of Mace, three Galactic Marines, and one Vaporator Luke left in TAC, I think. Pretty sad.

Cataclizm1
12-06-2007, 02:12 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: Nothing new
Target manhattan beach: Pax Bonkik x2, all the other new figs were wiped out before i got there. No exclusives put out.
Torrance Walmart: R2 with ewok net x4, no other newer figs were there.

Today I got my BK R2D2 toy in the mail special thanks to Luuuuuuke!

toonimator
12-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I forgot, I just found out today that my Wait List on Commander Praji was converted to an order!

:thumbsup:

Plus Obi-Wan's on his way in the next couple weeks.

Of all the times to go on extended hiatus...

BlueSnags
12-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Heads up to any ACME fans out there:

SWS.com Exclusive Holiday Special Boba Fett Character Key - limited to 750:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414886;category_id=336;pcid 1=;pcid2=

-Snags

toonimator
12-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Also worth noting: it's Hyperspace members only!

figrin bran
12-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd definitely get one of those Holiday Fett keys except I'm not a Hyperspace member.

BlueSnags
12-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Latest wave of GI Joes are up on HasbroToyShop.

FRIENDS20 will get you 20% off

-Snags

figrin bran
12-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Arggggh!! all I wanted from that GI Joe wave was the Air trooper but naturally it's sold out.

Commtech
12-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Latest wave of GI Joes are up on HasbroToyShop.

FRIENDS20 will get you 20% off

-Snags

Thanks! I ordered one storm shadow and with the code the total was $5.19!! Cheaper than any store.:thumbsup:

Can anyone with the Hyperspace membership hook me up with a Fett character key? Please pm me if you can.

Jango Speck
12-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Can anyone with the Hyperspace membership hook me up with a Fett character key? Please pm me if you can.

PM sent for the character key. By the way, it's one per membership.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Did a target run after class tonight, long beach, seal beach...all of them are out of the Hoth and Endor sets...don't know if they are going to be restocking them. Had the tie bomber, arc battlepacks by the tons, arc ship and some prequel at-st lookin thing.

Singles...same as walmart down here, seems like SL wave 2 is the only thing they are getting in at the moment and more than they need to boot!

AussieScott
12-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Historically, how long are the Target exclusives normally available? I'm back on the weekend but with the family in tow, so no extra room in the suitcases, but my next work trip is not until late January. Based on past experience, what are my chances of still finding the exclusives then?

Thanks

Tycho
12-07-2007, 05:44 AM
When do you guys think Grievous' ship and the AT-AP will start showing up?

It's supposed to be this December (theoretically).

BlueSnags
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
McSnowtroopers up at HTS.com

FRIENDS20 for 20% off

-Snags

Navtek
12-07-2007, 12:50 PM
McSnowtroopers up at HTS.com

FRIENDS20 for 20% off

-Snags

Looks like they have a bunch of them. It let me put 500 in the cart. At 550 it cried foul.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Looks like they have a bunch of them. It let me put 500 in the cart. At 550 it cried foul.

Now that's funny!

Navtek
12-07-2007, 01:18 PM
So much for Pearl Harbor, It looks like today will be dubbed National Snowtrooper Day. I think everyone should be able to get one. HTS still has 450+ in stock... Thanks to Snags for the tip!

Cataclizm1
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Target Manhattan beach: Nothing new. No exclusives. This store has been really slacking lately. Did meet up with my buddy Bernie and he hooked me up with an R2-B1. Such a cool, yet tragic little droid.

City of Hawthorne TRU: Nothing new either.

CrunchyNug
12-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Well, if anyone needs a McSnowie and doesn't feel like dealing with HTS, I stashed one this morning. PM for details.

darkagent
12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, if anyone needs a McSnowie and doesn't feel like dealing with HTS, I stashed one this morning. PM for details.

PM sent for McSnowie.

toonimator
12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Just ordered 2 McSnowies. Just the Rebel, some AOTC wave and a few R2-B1s and I'll be pretty set for the year.

Navtek
12-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Just ordered 2 McSnowies. Just the Rebel, some AOTC wave and a few R2-B1s and I'll be pretty set for the year.

Wow, less than 25 snowies left now. Geez, that was fast.

BlueSnags
12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Wave 7 now up on HTS, including McSolo.

-Snags

toonimator
12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Not sure if it's the same for the whole wave, but McSolo and the Ewoks are limited to 1 each.

But there's that handy free shipping/20%-off code (two, really!) so place a couple orders to get what you want. I just got 2 each of McSolo & the Ewoks. Hadn't seen the Ewoks in stores yet, and extra McSolos are great! So I'll have 3 boxes of 2 figures each coming in the next few weeks. :p

Maybe the AOTC wave will pop up again, or the repaints, so I can finish off everything today :D

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2007, 03:50 PM

-Snags

Thanks Snags :thumbsup:

Got A mcsolo, tried for two but it wouldn't let me...is it just one per customer?

oh, the friends20 worked for the discount, total $6.05

all the mcsnowies are gone now WOW

You ROCK!

Tycho
12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
FIGRIN: I snaggle-toothed the Ewoks with free shipping. So I won't need them now, as probably no one here will with this HTS opportunity if they log on and check the forums while they're still in stock.

Darn thing doesn't have the last remaining figures I need:

4 Training Clones with snap-on armor
1 Jango from his apartment on Kamino
2 red Naboo trooper guys

And if they ever get the Leia Starkillers in before Figrin sends me the 2 he got me, I'll be able to avoid shipping and get a discount. But it looks like Waves 6 & 7 are going up. I don't know if we'll see more of Wave 5, 7.5, or Wave 8.

BlueSnags
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM
I hope 7.5 and 8 go up soon. Still need some of those figs.

-Snags

Navtek
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I hope 7.5 and 8 go up soon. Still need some of those figs.

-Snags
7.5 is up and the mcsnowies are back. Still have mcsolos as well.

BlueSnags
12-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Was all of 7.5 up? I only see the Underarm Stain Trooper.

-Snags

stillakid
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks Snags :thumbsup:

Got A mcsolo, tried for two but it wouldn't let me...is it just one per customer?

oh, the friends20 worked for the discount, total $6.05

all the mcsnowies are gone now WOW

You ROCK!

Just FINALLY got a couple (limit two per order). Your code saved me about 10 bucks! Thanks!

Navtek
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Was all of 7.5 up? I only see the Underarm Stain Trooper.

-Snags

I saw all of 7.5 except muddy trooper. It looks like they put out a much smaller number of this wave though. BTW, when I rechecked the Mcsnowie, they had put out another 200. We'll see how long that lasts.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Just FINALLY got a couple (limit two per order). Your code saved me about 10 bucks! Thanks!

KUDOS to SNAGS, he put up the code and all the info! Someone might think he's stalking HTS, and I'm glad!

Thanks again Snags for all the 411, now all I have left is mcClamShell Trooper :lipsrsealed:

I just ordered 2 mcsnowies and another mcsolo :thumbsup:

Glad you got your stuff Stilla, a good day for Star Wars :)

BlueSnags
12-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Good times.

-Snags

timmae
12-07-2007, 07:49 PM

-Snags

i got 1 each of the mcfigs. thanks for the code! you rock! saved tons on gas and time. i snagged a ewok set today at wallmart (no mctroopers). did anyone notice they are all 5.88 at walmart now? is this nationwide?

Chaddymac
12-07-2007, 09:26 PM
just reminding everyone I have a complete set of the mcsolo wave if anyone wants them.

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes the 5.88 price is been found nationwide

figrin bran
12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Bad times! I'm completely firewalled at work and wasn't able to get any of the goodies on HTS today.

I picked up a Zartan last night, however, using the Friends20 code and it came out cheaper than buying one at Target or TRU.

gambitguru
12-08-2007, 01:40 AM
thanks commtech for the heads up on the mcsnowies
i got 10 but had to do multiple orders, limit is two, it came to about $60.50. come do think of it i should of have gotten 10 more. if it comes up again im going for it

JediTricks
12-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Big thanks to Deoxy for texting me about the McFigures on HTS today, I woke up just in time to get a pair of Snows and then a few mins later she got me another McSolo.

Now I just need wave 8 Jango, 2x McRebel, wave 7.5 Rebel Vanguard, and SL Evo Sandtrooper. I think this may be the first year EVER that I have the entire year's figures before January!

figrin bran
12-08-2007, 02:18 AM
FIGRIN: I snaggle-toothed the Ewoks with free shipping. So I won't need them now, as probably no one here will with this HTS opportunity if they log on and check the forums while they're still in stock.

Darn thing doesn't have the last remaining figures I need:

4 Training Clones with snap-on armor
1 Jango from his apartment on Kamino
2 red Naboo trooper guys

And if they ever get the Leia Starkillers in before Figrin sends me the 2 he got me, I'll be able to avoid shipping and get a discount. But it looks like Waves 6 & 7 are going up. I don't know if we'll see more of Wave 5, 7.5, or Wave 8.

Tycho, duly noted.

McHan was just up on HTS. Act quickly!

Now if only I can find 1 Voolvif, 1 Jango, 1 Padme, 1 McRebel, I can call it quits on SW figs for the year.

Commtech
12-08-2007, 03:04 AM
thanks commtech for the heads up on the mcsnowies
i got 10 but had to do multiple orders, limit is two, it came to about $60.50. come do think of it i should of have gotten 10 more. if it comes up again im going for it

LOL! You are a McSnowie addict, Gambit!!

Cataclizm1
12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Target Manhattan beach: Found some goodies today. Picked up the only Hawkbat clone, Holo Vader, and a 7th Legion trooper. Left a pair of Vanguard rebels and Bonkiks. They also finally set up their endcap with the tie bombers and the Arc-170 repaints.

I stashed another 7th Legion trooper and an R2-B1. PM for da details.

Edit: Just noticed my Hawkbat doesn't have the black line on the forehead. Darn it.

Jango Speck
12-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Going to Disneyland tomorrow- gonna pick up the new Indiana jones 7" figure.

figrin bran
12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I stashed some Cars at Los Feliz thinking that Speck might need them but I guess not. Anyhow, they were Dinoco Helicopter, Andretti and Cartrip. PM me if you want them.

Darkagent, I guess I took too long to get to the stash you left for me but no worries since I found most of those cars at other stores.

I stopped by Eagle Rock Target since I hadn't been there in about a month and a half...nice to know that it's still pretty bleak for SW figures. La Brea is slightly better as they've sold most of the pegwarmers and got in the TC-14 assortment.

Glendale Lego store has some of the new SW sets - AT-AP plus the Stormie and Rebels army builder packs. I bought one each of the latter two.

I finally found the JLU Grodd set at La Cienega Target. There were still 2 sets when I left and they're still not scanning in the system.

Cataclizm1
12-08-2007, 10:37 PM
If anyone finds wave 5 of the 25th GI JOEs please please please stash for me!!! Blade Destro (gold head), Crimson Guard, Snow Job, Sgt. Flash.

figrin bran
12-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Wave 5??? I haven't even seen wave 4 yet! :p

Cataclizm1
12-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes wave 5 has been found in AZ!

gambitguru
12-09-2007, 01:37 AM
my want list: 2 mcrebel troop
wave 5 of GI JOE

CrunchyNug
12-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Actually, I found Joes w5 last night. I was very surprised to see them...very nice set. WAY better than w4 which is basically a bunch of carded figs from the Multi-pack. The best part is the Crimson Guards are 2 per case.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/Joesw108.jpg

Cataclizm1
12-09-2007, 03:40 AM
Actually, I found Joes w5 last night. I was very surprised to see them...very nice set. WAY better than w4 which is basically a bunch of carded figs from the Multi-pack. The best part is the Crimson Guards are 2 per case.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/Joesw108.jpg
What store did you find them at?

Commtech
12-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Yes! What store?

bikerscout
12-09-2007, 08:02 AM
wave 5 Joe figs look cool. The picture for the Crimson Guard looks dorky though. :p

Cataclizm1
12-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found wave 5 JOEs at Torrance Walmart. 1 complete set. BEST JOE WAVE EVER. Nothing else new here.
City of Hawthorne TRU: Some guy filled his cart with 7 Bumblebees. Nothing else new.
Target Manhattan Beach: Some Tie Bombers, nothing else new.

CrunchyNug
12-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, sorry; I found them at Wamlart...one case only. There are 8 per case and the 2 re-packs in there were Shipwreck and Hooded Cobra Commander. Hope this helps.

With my recent purchase of w4 on HTS the other day, this brings me up to speed on Joes for now. I'll start stashing if I find more...

Commtech
12-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Awesome! Thanks.

Cataclizm1
12-09-2007, 03:10 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3122/picture3212hp9.jpg

Frank Footer
12-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I have an ongoing saga of trying to return the McVader I ordered (on 10/30, by the way) to HTS. The first one came back damaged, and I requested a replacement -- they instead sent an UGH McFett. Ugh, indeed. Since I've already found a MOC McVader, I figured I'd offer up the gold coin McFett to anyone here that may want it, before I send it back to HTS for a refund.

Let me know via PM!

figrin bran
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
I have an ongoing saga of trying to return the McVader I ordered (on 10/30, by the way) to HTS. The first one came back damaged, and I requested a replacement -- they instead sent an UGH McFett. Ugh, indeed. Since I've already found a MOC McVader, I figured I'd offer up the gold coin McFett to anyone here that may want it, before I send it back to HTS for a refund.

Let me know via PM!

I'd be interested in the UGH McFett!

Commtech
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3122/picture3212hp9.jpg

Awesome finds!! I found a lonely Crimson Guard today at Wal-Mart. Weird that someone left it and took the others.

Turbowars
12-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Awesome finds!! I found a lonely Crimson Guard today at Wal-Mart. Weird that someone left it and took the others.Man seeing those figures sure brings back awesomes memories. I had all those as a kid. The funny thing is could careless about collecting them, but I didn't have any SW figures as a kid and I want them all.

BlueSnags
12-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Big thanks to Figrin Bran for the CARS stash!

-Snags

figrin bran
12-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Big thanks to Figrin Bran for the CARS stash!

-Snags

No prob Snags! I'm glad I could return the favor for once!

santosha
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
At the Target on Jefferson Culver City this morning got there at 8.04am there was already someone at the Star Wars so I started to let him do his thing, he took the whole wave 9 box that had been put out then moved over to the hot wheels and took what he could carry. I have the wave but its frustrating to see these things happen when you know he is going to scalp them. I would rather have got there and found nothing.
They did have an end cap with battle Packs marked down to 17.98 and I saw 4 ARC-170 ships.
Thats my rant

Frank Footer
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Glendale Target at opening -- Wave 8, 2X everything except 1X McClam Trooper. A guy beat me to the SW section by about 20 paces, pawed through the section and took nothing! Lunacy! So I happily snagged the McClam Trooper, and stashed a set each of Jango & Voolvif in two different spots. PM for the goods!

They also had a fully-stocked Cars section, with plenty of Fred, Dale Jr. and Cartrip.

To quote BlueSnags, good times!

EDIT: One set claimed -- another set of Jango & Voolvif still available!

figrin bran
12-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Glendale Target at opening -- Wave 8, 2X everything except 1X McClam Trooper. A guy beat me to the SW section by about 20 paces, pawed through the section and took nothing! Lunacy! So I happily snagged the McClam Trooper, and stashed a set each of Jango & Voolvif in two different spots. PM for the goods!

They also had a fully-stocked Cars section, with plenty of Fred, Dale Jr. and Cartrip.

To quote BlueSnags, good times!

Sending PM for 1 set of Jango and Voolvif

Jango Speck
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I hit Glendale Target on Saturday and they had tons of ARC-170's and Tie Bombers piled up on the overhead shelves, but not in the SW aisle. They won't run out for a while methinks.

darkagent
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Glendale Lego store has some of the new SW sets - AT-AP plus the Stormie and Rebels army builder packs. I bought one each of the latter two.

I stopped by on Sunday and picked up the Rebel pack. I was talking to the store employee and he told me that they also received last week the Clone Wars Anakin Starfighter and the Force Unleashed set. They got 100 sets of each and sold out in a couple hours.

K M Toydarian
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Glendale Target at opening -- Wave 8, 2X everything except 1X McClam Trooper.

Figures, I was at Glendale Target at closing on Saturday 10:30 pm-ish and nothing new. I avoid that mall Target, but had to go to the mall, but will only go late at night.
In the Cars section I moved about 20 diecast airplanes off the Cars pegs to make a point how empty it was (Only 1 Lizzie on the pegs, period.). There were about 5 employees cleaning up, putting out stock, but no one ever asked me if they could help. I thought they might since I looked like I couldn't find what I wanted. I didn't see any boxes of SW or Cars on pallets at that point. They have that "Collectible" stocking disclaimer, so I didn't dare ask.

They did have 6 Hoth UBP's though. They were on the endcap over the Miniatures 59.99 pricetag, which made it look like that was the price. I imagine that is why they are still there. They rang up 49.00 though.

darkagent
12-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Got my Hasbrotoyshop order today (ordered last week). I just ordered one Holo Vader and one Hawkbat Clone. The packaging has got to be the worst and wasteful yet. I received the two figures in a huge box (22"x16.5"x8") with air packs for "cushioning". Of course this did not stop the figures from moving around in the box. Needless to say, the figures' cards were all crushed. Luckily, I was going to open them anyways.

figrin bran
12-11-2007, 01:47 AM
I got a horribly packed HTS order today as well - just 1 R2-B1 and 1 Hawkbat and yet R2's card was crushed and bent. I open up most of my figures anyhow but still, considering that it was a large box that could've fit 4 or 5 figures, they should've done a better job of packing.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Found all of wave 7.5 today (2 cases) at LBC walmart, didn't think I'd want ANY of them but I ended up getting the holo vader because on the card, the entire thing looks great and I got pax bonkik for a background character in my cantina seen, I like the paint job. Passed on the rest. Got a black wool PeaCoat as well, but not at Wal Mart hehe

WAit a minute, I did my very FIRST figure stashing today as well. I met a fellow collector about a month ago that lives near me, so I stashed a full set for him, it was FUN!

K M Toydarian
12-11-2007, 01:55 AM
I got a horribly packed HTS order today as well - just 1 R2-B1 and 1 Hawkbat and yet R2's card was crushed and bent. I open up most of my figures anyhow but still, considering that it was a large box that could've fit 4 or 5 figures, they should've done a better job of packing.
And the replacement pit droids I received a couple weeks ago were in a box smaller than the cardback. They need to hire someone to do a little research in their shipping department.

darkagent
12-11-2007, 02:06 AM

My box was so big that it could've fit 2 full cases with room to spare to fit the 2 figures I actually ordered.

figrin bran
12-11-2007, 02:06 AM
WAit a minute, I did my very FIRST figure stashing today as well. I met a fellow collector about a month ago that lives near me, so I stashed a full set for him, it was FUN!

There's nothing like trying to stash while store employees are walking around throughout the store! :thumbsup: Just ask JT how tough it can be at our local stores.

gambitguru
12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
stashed mcfett and mcstarkiller at target van nuys pm for details.

went to p.c. walmart saw remants of the wave 5 1shipwreck, 2 cobra comm.
also saw animated boba. bunch of saga

need McRebeltroop. please stash/pick up for me thanks

Deoxyribonucleic
12-11-2007, 02:39 AM
There's nothing like trying to stash while store employees are walking around throughout the store! :thumbsup: Just ask JT how tough it can be at our local stores.

Seriously! I went to housewares section because there were employees EVERYWHERE around the toy department, spilling out into other departments in the area!

figrin bran
12-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Seriously! I went to housewares section because there were employees EVERYWHERE around the toy department, spilling out into other departments in the area!

lol! You're probably better off stashing in housewares during this time of year as just about every kind of toy is liable to sell. Stuff that would normally be peg/shelfwarmers the rest of the year actually stand a chance of being sold during the holiday season.

bikerscout
12-11-2007, 07:08 AM
over the weekend I saw the Tie Bomb and ARC-170s stacked to the ceiling at Glendale Target -maybe they'll go on clearance? Only then will i get a tie bomber. Anyway, I don't collect "Cars" but I have a blue Dinoco McQueen that I picked up at a con for a friend in OH. Turns out he found it there, and I'm stuck with the car. PM if you need it. Price + shipping.

darkagent
12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, Los Feliz TRU was a bust this morning. Went to Glendale Target at around 8:15 and it looks like they put out a case of Wave 8/9. The only figure I didn't see was McTrooper.

Jango - I did a quick "Cars - Rusteze 2-pack" stash for you at Glendale Target. PM me for the details.

Tycho
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I got another Padme Black Leather today at TRU. I only want 1 and now have 2, but I will keep buying her until I am satisfied with the paint job I want - while returning the rest.

At the same time, my TRU said they weren't getting much in the way of SW and that the vendor (Hasbro) wasn't shipping to them. Curious.

The pegs, and TRU has a lot of them for SW, were quite empty of everything, whether it be TAC or Saga Lengends. However, what remained was almost entirely SL I think, with some Wave 4 TAC.

Target was full to the end of every peg with SL.

Both stores had new Deluxe Waves of Transformers including both versions of BumbleBee.

Oh. Target is all sold-out of the Ultimate Endor Battle Pack and actually has like 5 Hoth sets remaining.

Luuuuuuke
12-11-2007, 05:04 PM
For those of you interested, Wal-Mart has two Jabba's place "Entertainers" cinema scenes out. It has dancers and musicians. Seems like mostly repacks if not entirely repacks. I saw them this morning at Baldwin Park Wal-Mart, on top of a shelf. I passed on them. But they look alright.

When the hell are the Wal-mart exclusive comic packs out?

Turbowars
12-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Need these figures if anyone can help.

2 Voolvif Monn
6 McClamShell troopers
1 Destroyer Droid
2 Holo Vader
4 Hawkbat Battalion trooper
2 2 Clone Trooper Training Fatigues
Amidala
2 Jango

Jango Speck
12-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Turbo, you have a PM.

Frank Footer
12-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Need these figures if anyone can help.

2 Voolvif Monn
6 McClamShell troopers
1 Destroyer Droid
2 Holo Vader
4 Hawkbat Battalion trooper
2 2 Clone Trooper Training Fatigues
Amidala
2 Jango

Turbo, I still have a Jango & Voolvif stashed at Target. I'll PM with location.

gambitguru
12-12-2007, 01:16 AM
went to tru/wamart stevenson ranch nothing

went to walmart of kelly johnson pkwy nothing.

went to porter ranch tru/walmart nothing

big waste of time/gas=money

needs: Mcclamshell and wave 5 gi joe

bikerscout
12-12-2007, 01:59 AM
went to tru/wamart stevenson ranch nothing

went to walmart of kelly johnson pkwy nothing.

went to porter ranch tru/walmart nothing

big waste of time/gas=money

needs: Mcclamshell and wave 5 gi joe

those are the worst. I did a mega walmart run sunday night and came home only with another A-wing pilot. I saw the Evol. mold sandie and didn't get him - i should've, but i already have that mold sandie. They're very purrty tho. Lol.

JediTricks
12-12-2007, 02:06 AM
There's nothing like trying to stash while store employees are walking around throughout the store! :thumbsup: Just ask JT how tough it can be at our local stores.No kidding! If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to be the focus of a sloppy FBI sting while in a crowded bar, just try stashing a figure in the Los Feliz/Hollywood area.

Seriously! I went to housewares section because there were employees EVERYWHERE around the toy department, spilling out into other departments in the area!I'm sure! I try to choose departments that have a deep set of product which isn't likely to be disturbed too much, my earliest stashes were utter failures because the product was moving too fast and someone found it. (or it was product nobody wanted and went unclaimed :p) The pet department's way out, by the way.

figrin bran
12-12-2007, 03:23 AM
No kidding! If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to be the focus of a sloppy FBI sting while in a crowded bar, just try stashing a figure in the Los Feliz/Hollywood area.

Now having said that, it's amazing that we have pretty much a 100% success rate stashing for one another, JT! :thumbsup:

Tycho
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Toys R Us had the AOTC Jedi Starfighter with the HYPERSPACE RING this morning as they opened early at 7am.

No one was there to buy any. It's cool, but I don't want this one myself. Anyway, there was a line of about 8 people all for X-box and Guitar Hero stuff. One fellow collector I knew went to Star Wars but he didn't buy anything.

I finished Wave 7.5 and got 2 more red uniformed Naboo soldiers and a HawkBat Cone for a friend of mine who's amassing them.

There was nothing else new there. Now I only need to find some Red Training Uniform Clones from Wave 8 and I'm done for the year (unless the AT-AP and Grievous fighter make it out somehow).

Frank Footer
12-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Glendale Target 8AM -- the stash I promised Turbowars was compromised (sorry, TW, unless you were able to get it last night).

Otherwise, it was a mishmash of Waves 4-7, including a McFett & Starkiller (grabbed by another collector). Good stuff for the diorama crowd-fillers out there. :)

Luuuuuuke
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
I got 2 Crimson Guards from Pico Rivera Wal-Mart last night. I'm only picking commando or ninja looking/masked characters and bad guys. I would have gotten Destro if they had him though.

Cataclizm1
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: Found a UGH McStormie. Another collector there also got one. They had a third but the coin had been ripped out. Nothing else too interesting.
Target manhattan beach: Nothing cool. Have a bunch of the AT-RT BP's.
Target Redondo beach: Nothing.
Torrance TRU: Had a Black dress Padme, but the paint made her look like her eyes were rolling into the back of her head.
Torrance K-mart: has tons of the newest SW Transformers cody, snowspeeder, AT-AT.

stillakid
12-12-2007, 06:15 PM
g.
Torrance TRU: Had a Black dress Padme, but the paint made her look like her eyes were rolling into the back of her head.

That's normal. It's just the action figure remembering the dialogue from that scene.

darkagent
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
With the WalMart Max Rebo band packs now showing up, has anyone been able to find the comic 2 packs yet?

Deoxyribonucleic
12-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Walmart LBTC - one pax bonkik and wave 1 crapola but they had stacks of the max rebo band packs

Walmart LB - Wave 1 thru 4 and lots of SL with Evo sandie

Target Cerritos - NOTHING

Target Cerritos2 - NOTHING, they literally still have wave one figs, the same ones since wave one came out. NO endcaps with battle packs and vehicles either. I HATE this target. I'm pretty sure EVERYTHING goes out the back door at this one

Target LB - 3 figures hanging on the pegs but they did have 3 Hoth super battle packs

Target Seal Beach - nothing but SL figs, endcap ransacked

TRU Cerritos - SL only

A total waste of gas today but it was still fun.

Luuuuuuke
12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
City of Hawthorne TRU: Found a UGH McStormie. Another collector there also got one. They had a third but the coin had been ripped out. Nothing else too interesting.

If you happen to go back to that TRU and that McSTormie happens to still be there(fat chance of course), could you stash it? I don't care if the coin is missing.

Commtech
12-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Can someone from the Burbank, NoHo, Glendale area help me find the wave 5 GI Joes? I've found so far just a Crimson Guard and would like another one plus, Gold Head Destro, Snake eyes, Snowjob and Sgt. Flash. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

toonimator
12-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I think I'll be tracking down a couple of those Joes myself, Flash in particular (ah, for the good ol' days before he and Stalker got promoted to sergeant!) and possibly Destro and a Crimson Guard. Maybe an extra Snake Eyes. :P

Got to Target late this morning, nothing as usual. They'd put a bunch of crappy Jedi Vs Sidious BPs on the endcap where ARC-170 BPs should be (still haven't seen those in the wild). Tons of old Legends. This time I just filled the proper Legends pegs and put all the rest in nice neat rows behind the lone electronic lightsaber on the shelf below. Undoubtedly those nice neat rows will be knocked over and spread out across the entire aisle by day's end, leading to them being put back on the nearly-empty TAC pegs overnight with no chance of new TAC in the morning.

Haven't seen 7.5 or 8 in-store yet! Gonna take forever to find 3 R2-B1s & McRebels.

darkagent
12-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Went to LF TRU this morning and they had the ObiWan Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace ring. I can't believe they want $35 for that, and it doesn't even come with a figure. I then stopped by WalMart and picked up a set of the Max Rebo band. They had plenty on the shelf. They also had a lot of comic 2 packs. Unfortunately, they weren't the exclusives. :(

Jango Speck
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
They'd put a bunch of crappy Jedi Vs Sidious BPs on the endcap where ARC-170 BPs should be (still haven't seen those in the wild).

I stashed two BPs a week or so ago- and they might still be there- PM me for the location.

MicroJow
12-13-2007, 03:07 PM
McSnowie and McHan are up at HTS.

- J

Commtech
12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
And good ol' FRIENDS20 still works!

stillakid
12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
McSnowie and McHan are up at HTS.

- J

Awesome! Thanks! I just walked back in after a visit from Target. Ordered R2 with cargo net and a couple of Snowies. Still waiting to find Starkiller. Damn elusive that one.

Target on Sepulveda (Sherman Oaks) had full pegs, but nothing really new. I picked up the last of the Galactic Heroes Jabba's Palace sets. Very cute. :love: Couldn't pass it up. I might head out to TRU Woodland Hills and maybe Target Desoto later.

MicroJow
12-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Hours later and they're still hanging in there. Could it be McSnowie has saturated?

Now if only they'd get them ClamTroopers in some decent number before FRIENDS20 goes the way of the dodo...

- J

Chaddymac
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Anyone need a Pax Bonkik, R2-B1, or Rebel Vanguard Trooper?

Jango Speck
12-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Turbo, BlueSnaggs, I've got your figures- let's meet up.

Turbowars
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Sure, what do you have for me, I forgot.

BlueSnags
12-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Let's meet up this weekend.

-Snags

Jango Speck
12-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Anybody here know someone who wants a Cody bust? I have one extra that I opened and displayed (indoors, smoke/pet free), then I won the 5-pack.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Hey all, I have a question regarding HTS. Do you have to be home in order to receive the packages or will they leave them on the doorstep? This is the first time I've ordered from them and I received an email that my orders shipped. Also, what carrier do they use?

Thanks in advance guys :)

stillakid
12-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Hey all, I have a question regarding HTS. Do you have to be home in order to receive the packages or will they leave them on the doorstep? This is the first time I've ordered from them and I received an email that my orders shipped. Also, what carrier do they use?

Colonel Mustard on the Doorstep with UPS. :whip:

Jango Speck
12-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Colonel Mustard on the Doorstep with UPS. :whip:

My UPS driver plays ding-dong-ditch. By the time I open the door, he's long gone.

figrin bran
12-14-2007, 03:05 AM

HTS uses the USPS. Whether you have to be at home or not really depends on your letter carrier. My weekday carrier leaves packages on my doorstep but the Saturday carrier doesn't. Even if you're not home and they leave you the slip that says you have to go to the post office for pickup, you can actually schedule another delivery on the USPS site.

Kidhuman
12-14-2007, 06:59 AM
They always used USPS for me Ox. I get tehm left here, but it does depend on the carrier and if a sig is required.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-14-2007, 01:25 PM
They always used USPS for me Ox. I get tehm left here, but it does depend on the carrier and if a sig is required.

Thanks KH, Speck, STilla, figrin...much appreciated. I have to make a trip to UCLA today and am not going to be home but as you said Kid, my carrier is like yours and will leave them on the doorstep. I just didn't want it to be sent back, then never see my mcsolos and mcsnowies :(

Thanks again gentlemen! You guys are the best!

toonimator
12-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Nothing really at Burbank Target but some more Jabba's Palace and a few UGHs: Mace, R2, Airborne, GM.

They had some more CARS singles, a couple Fillmores & Copters, bunch of Freds, some Cartrips & Andrettis.

Got my order in for the SSC ANH Han :)

Cataclizm1
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I still have an extra ARC-170 elite BP if anyone wants it before I return it.

K M Toydarian
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Picked up the Hyperspace Ring Jedi Starfighter last night at Los Feliz TRU. Too expensive at 34.99, but I had a $25 gift card to cushion the blow.
At Celebration, Hasbro had it labeled with a price of 29.99
I don't know why TRU likes to hike prices like that. They would sell more and have a better store if the were consistent with other major retailers. To me TRU is still a discount store like Target etc, they just sell toys only. Oh well.

There are pics in the Appropriate thread...

Los Feliz also had Anakin .45 scale MR sabers, enclosed in the plastic security cases like video games. They were in the Star Wars aisle and 29.99.
Also had Clone Trooper Bobble Head. Tag read Darth Vader Bobble Head, but I only saw 3 Clones.
Also bought a lone fireside Padme, a little bent along the edge. That was the only new figure there.

figrin bran
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks KH, Speck, STilla, figrin...much appreciated. I have to make a trip to UCLA today and am not going to be home but as you said Kid, my carrier is like yours and will leave them on the doorstep. I just didn't want it to be sent back, then never see my mcsolos and mcsnowies :(

Thanks again gentlemen! You guys are the best!

Deoxy, even if you missed the delivery, I believe the post office holds packages for you for at least a week if not 2 weeks and before they send the package back, they're supposed to put a "final notice" slip in your mailbox so worry not, you'll get your McHans/Snowies. Tycho sent me a Masterpiece Starscream recently and I missed the delivery and didn't get to pick it up until 3 or 4 days later and during that time, I didn't get any more notices so don't worry, even if you missed the delivery, the figures will be waiting for you at the post office. If you do end up having to pick them up, just make sure you bring the slip along with your driver's license.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Deoxy, even if you missed the delivery, I believe the post office holds packages for you for at least a week if not 2 weeks and before they send the package back, they're supposed to put a "final notice" slip in your mailbox so worry not, you'll get your McHans/Snowies. Tycho sent me a Masterpiece Starscream recently and I missed the delivery and didn't get to pick it up until 3 or 4 days later and during that time, I didn't get any more notices so don't worry, even if you missed the delivery, the figures will be waiting for you at the post office. If you do end up having to pick them up, just make sure you bring the slip along with your driver's license.

THANKS Figs for putting my mind at ease, I've just heard horror stories about HTS and so I got a little worried since this is the first time I've ordered from them. Didn't come today, maybe tomorrow :yes:

figrin bran
12-15-2007, 01:32 AM
THANKS Figs for putting my mind at ease, I've just heard horror stories about HTS and so I got a little worried since this is the first time I've ordered from them. Didn't come today, maybe tomorrow :yes:

Deoxy, was your order placed on 12/8 by any chance? I ordered my McHans that day and they have not arrived yet either. More or less, us LA SSG'ers that order from them get our figures on the same day or the day after so we should all be getting our stuff soon.

stillakid
12-15-2007, 01:34 AM
I got an order in today. I think I placed this order just a few days ago. The book is fillin' up!!!

Jango Speck
12-15-2007, 01:43 AM
I placed two HTS orders on 12/07 and they haven't arrived yet.

BlueSnags
12-15-2007, 03:02 AM
I placed an order on 11/22 that hasn't arrived yet and probably never will. HTS is truly run by chimps.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Picked up the Hyperspace Ring Jedi Starfighter last night at Los Feliz TRU. Too expensive at 34.99, but I had a $25 gift card to cushion the blow.
At Celebration, Hasbro had it labeled with a price of 29.99
I don't know why TRU likes to hike prices like that. They would sell more and have a better store if the were consistent with other major retailers. To me TRU is still a discount store like Target etc, they just sell toys only. Oh well.

There are pics in the Appropriate thread...

Where's the appropriate thread? Can you post a link?

Today:
Torrance Walmart: They have only 2 pegs of SW TAC the last few weeks, about 7 figs. WTF is with this dumb store?
City of Hawthorne TRU: This is the place to be if you want to watch old legends figs falling off the pegs.
Target Manhattan beach: Nothing worth calling home about. Luckily my buddy Bernie was there and hooked me up with the new Jango Fett TAC. Cool fig!

darkagent
12-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Picked up 2 new Indiana Jones Lego sets today at TRU. It was the Lost Tomb and Stolen Treasure Chase sets. No new SW findings.

Jango - I picked up a SL Green AOTC Clone Trooper for you if you still need it. Just PM me.

K M Toydarian
12-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Sorry about that. It was about 3:30 am when I put up pics of the Hyperspace Ring, but apparently, I did it on another Forum's site. I just posted it here as well.
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=586432#post586432

Van Nuys TRU this morning picked up a Falcon Transformer for 15.99 (7am - 1pm doorbuster today).
Also an UGH Biggs and UGH Vader. Looked like 1 case of wave 4 revision, minus McVader and McFett UGH. No other new figures.
Got a Vader Bobble head 9.99.
They also had a bunch of Stormtrooper and Fett scale MR blasters for either 29.99 or 39.99.

Luuuuuuke
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Got 3 loose Commander Kellers in the mail today--from China. Price not too unreasonable, all things considered, about $10.50 each.

Nice looking clone. The soft goods make a big difference.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Deoxy, was your order placed on 12/8 by any chance? I ordered my McHans that day and they have not arrived yet either. More or less, us LA SSG'ers that order from them get our figures on the same day or the day after so we should all be getting our stuff soon.

Hey Figs, I placed two orders on 12/7 and I JUST got one of them 10 minutes ago. I don't know what happened to the other one as they said it was shipped on the same day. Maybe they shipped it a different carrier? Anyway I got 1 mc solo and 2 mc snowies today in a nice thick box and everything was in great shape. The second order that's supposed to come is a single mc solo, so we'll see how that works out...

so everyone, be on the look out for your stuff :thumbsup:

K M Toydarian...I like your curtains!!

stillakid
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
H

K M Toydarian...I like your curtains!!

They match his drapes.

K M Toydarian
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
They match his drapes.

:tired:
Just kidding

Jango Speck
12-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Figs, I placed two orders on 12/7 and I JUST got one of them 10 minutes ago. I don't know what happened to the other one as they said it was shipped on the same day. Maybe they shipped it a different carrier?

Same thing happened to me today. I got my two McSnowies, which were wedged into a small box (luckily I'm opening them), but my Tie Fighter is a now show.

figrin bran
12-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Frank Footer, it looks like I waited too long to get the stash as the spot where you left it had been compromised.

I have the following stashes today - Voolvif Mon and Destroyer Droid at Glendale Target, Cody Transformer at Los Feliz TRU, Orange Pit Droids at La Brea Target

I managed to score a Voolvif and Padme from Glendale so I'm down to just McRebel and Jango.

I was close to buying the Indy Lego Lost Tomb but I'm just going to wait until Lego store or Target gets it and that way I can save a dollar.

Cataclizm1
12-16-2007, 11:57 AM
City Of Hawthorne TRU and target Manhattan beach both had nothing special today.

Jango Speck
12-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks to Darkagent, I've got my Green AOTC clone, and the Rust-eze two-pack. Just waiting for my GG maquettes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by this time last year, didn't we get a sneak peek of the new card design? Are they keeping the TAC style cards beyond the Force Unleashed wave?

Commtech
12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Burbank Target had CRAP today.

stillakid
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Burbank Target had CRAP today.

Which aisle do they keep that in?

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by this time last year, didn't we get a sneak peek of the new card design? Are they keeping the TAC style cards beyond the Force Unleashed wave?Yes, it's sticking around till the Clone Wars line, Fall of '08.

I didn't realize those orange pit droids were of interest, I've seen a bunch without stashing them.

JT's stashing needs on the following:
- wave 8 Jango
- Concept Rebel Trooper
- Rebel Vanguard

Turbowars
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Which aisle do they keep that in?
It's the aisle with all the Bullsh-it. Can't remember the #, but you can smell it. :thumbsup:

darkagent
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks to Darkagent, I've got my Green AOTC clone, and the Rust-eze two-pack. Just waiting for my GG maquettes.

No problem Jango, I'm glad I was able to help out. Didn't find any new Hasbro SW today. LF TRU did have all the new SW and Indy Lego sets. I picked up the Anakin Jedi Starfighter and AT-TP.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 08:36 PM
DA, you gonna post your thoughts about them?

darkagent
12-16-2007, 11:07 PM
DA, you gonna post your thoughts about them?

I really like the new Clone Wars Anakin figure. The Jedi Starfighter is pretty much the same as the other Jedi Starfighters. The AT-TP is really cool, but I don't know if it's worth it at $40. I just thought that it would be a little bigger for that price. The set also comes with 2 Shocktroopers.

The Indy sets look cool. So far I've only built the Motorcyle Chase set. I just love the Indy figure. He comes with gun, whip, and pouch/messenger bag.

Commtech - I took photos of my latest customs and posted them as a slide show which can be viewed with the link below. Include is the Nicole Kidman as Lady Jaye, I was talking about.

figrin bran
12-16-2007, 11:14 PM
darkagent, I thought about doing something similar with Lady Jaye but with a Dark Woman head and repainted hair.

Commtech
12-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Commtech - I took photos of my latest customs and posted them as a slide show which can be viewed with the link below. Include is the Nicole Kidman as Lady Jaye, I was talking about.

Wow! Those are great. I really like the stormtroopers. They look like comic pack figures.
Like you said, the N. Kidman head is a perfect match with the LJ body and a much better face sculpt and detail. This will sound weird, but her whole body proportions improved and she even looks hot. I might have to get that NK Compass figure to do the same.
The clone in training gear with better legs is also a good upgrade which I'm going to try. :thumbsup:

gambitguru
12-17-2007, 02:36 AM
if anybody finds wave 5 gi joe please stash. and i need 2 mcrebeltroopers

Cataclizm1
12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
City Of Hawthorne TRU and target Manhattan beach both had nothing special today. Again.

Frank Footer
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Frank Footer, it looks like I waited too long to get the stash as the spot where you left it had been compromised.

Dang!

Sorry 'bout that. I'm glad you were able to score a Voolvif anyway. I'll have to find a better stashin' location for next time.

CrunchyNug
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I finally found a McClammie this morning. This little guy has been more difficult to track down than any other figure in recent memory. Now I just need an opener for the coin album. I might take a break and wait to army build him when he begins shipping again in the 2008 rev cases.
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I've got a few w8 extras if anyone wants them. The only catch is that I'm leaving town for the holidays on Fri, so I'd need to get rid of them by Thurs. at the latest.(1) Jango w/ Poncho(1) Wolfman Jedi(2) Destroyer Droids(2) Kamino Clones

Jango Speck
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Got my second HTS.com order today- I must say the boxes/packing are much improved this time around.

darkagent
12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
No new SW to report today. However, I did find the new JLU Mr Miracle 3 pack at Glendale Target today. :yes:

stillakid
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Yesterday's shipment came FEDEX. :) Got my R2 with the Ewok net.

BlueSnags
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I noticed SW 2008 Wave 2 is up for pre-order over at EE. Talk about a crap-a%$ case assortment. Basically all the Force Unleashed figures are one-per-case, including the army builders, while retread crap like C3PO w/Salacious, Biggs and See Through Anakin will be tacked on and clogging up the pegs for sure. I've been thinking about seriously scaling down on Hasbro next year. Assortments like this will make it that much easier.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500L

1x Imperial Evo Trooper (#0809),
1x Imperial Jumptrooper (#0810),
1x Maris Brood (#0811),
1x Battle-Damaged Darth Vader (#0812),
1x Rahm Kota (#0813),
1x Emperor's Shadow Guard (#0814),
1x Juno Eclipse (#0815),
1x Biggs Darklighter (X-Wing Pilot, #3014),
1x C-3PO with Salacious Crumb (#3030),
1x Spirit of Anakin Skywalker (#3045),
1x Clone Trooper (7th Legion, #3049),
1x Jango Fett with Poncho (#3057).

-Snags

Commtech
12-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Blue Snags scaling down? Yeah, sure. lol

BlueSnags
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Blue Snags scaling down? Yeah, sure. lol

:laugh:

-Snags

figrin bran
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
No new SW to report today. However, I did find the new JLU Mr Miracle 3 pack at Glendale Target today. :yes:

Can you stash the Mr. Miracle pack if you see it again? Thanks!

darkagent
12-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Can you stash the Mr. Miracle pack if you see it again? Thanks!

Sure, no problem. :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
12-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Picked up the LEGO Army Builder sets today at Los Feliz TRU - 1x Rebel & 2x Stormies. They also had all four of the new Indiana Jones sets (Motorcycle Chase, the Truck Chase, Well of the Souls and the Temple Set) Temple set looked very cool. I also saw all the new SW Legos (Force Unleashed Rogue Shadow, the AT-AP, Hailfire Droid/Spider Droid and the Clone Wars Anakin Starfighter).

No new Hasbro SW anywhere today.

-Snags

gambitguru
12-19-2007, 02:36 AM
got my 10 mcsnoiwes in the mail today. there were 5 boxes total, 2 figs per box

yea i need wave 5 gi joe and mcrebeltrooper

toonimator
12-19-2007, 04:25 AM
I got Hasbro junk: 2 McSolos, 2 Ewoks, 2 McSnowies. Really dig the McSnowie but for the skinny legs. Solo's still in need of work. The Ewoks are super cool, looking forward to customizing them!

Only some AOTCs, R2-B1s, and a couple other odds & ends (and maybe a 3rd McSnowie...) and I'll be done.

Yeah, that Wave 2 assortment stinks! You'd think the stormies and/or the Shadow Guard would be 2 per, at least.

EDIT for Wednesday morning: No new SW at Burbank Target. TONS of ARC-170s, and a few Bombers still on the overhead shelf. One set of the Firefly GI Joe wave... and some JLU singles! Blue Devil was sittin on the front, so I grabbed him. He has possibly the WORST paint job I've ever seen on a JLU figure. "Sloppy" is an understatement. I'll hang on until I find a better one, or just try to fix it myself. There were two Zatannas, but I can't yet bring myself to buy her. Nice that she has a wand, but she can't hold it far as I can tell. And the paint on her eyes is terrible, makes the worst Mara Jade eyes look almost acceptable.

Cataclizm1
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
City Of hawthorne TRU: Found the new DC Universe figures. Bought Penguin, Orion, and Red Tornado. Passed on Classic Bats and Etrigan.
Target Redondo beach: nothing good
Target Manhattan beach: Nothing good
Torrance TRU: Nothing, but I spoke to the hottest hasbro rep I've ever seen in my life.
Torrance Walmart: Pathetic.

JediTricks
12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Los Feliz TRU had a bubble-falling-off-card shield Droideka figure last night. They also had 3 of the new LEGO Stormtrooper battle packs, the one with the teeny ship, I passed for now to save a buck - if it had been the Rebel one with the speeder, I would have bought it. :p

All the TRUs from here to Porter Ranch had the new LEGO Indiana Jones sets in differing degrees. New SW LEGO too, though only Los Feliz had the bps.

TRU Burbank had a few Doctor Who toys, strangely, including a Dalek figure, a few of the Doctor regeneration 2packs ($20, ouch), one of those pig cops, and a bunch of the Sonic Screwdriver sets (bargain at $13) in the spy toys.

WM West Hills had 1 of the new Jabba's Band and 4 of the Jabba's Dancers box sets, what a shocker. They also had a ton of the new G.Heroes Cantina box sets.

I was out a solid 12 hours yesterday, when I got back at midnight, my neighborhood was in a blackout, they had blocked off the streets, and it had been going for 4 hours and would go another 5. Great job DWP! Apparently mine was the only neighborhood like this as well.

I really like the new Clone Wars Anakin figure. The Jedi Starfighter is pretty much the same as the other Jedi Starfighters. You mean rickety and floppy and oversized? I was hoping this would be a tighter version of the design. I saw it at TRU last night, didn't really speak to me after reading your post.

The AT-TP is really cool, but I don't know if it's worth it at $40. I just thought that it would be a little bigger for that price. The set also comes with 2 Shocktroopers.Sadly, that seems to be a new theme with LEGO. It looks pretty big and feature-rich, is that not the case?

The Indy sets look cool. So far I've only built the Motorcyle Chase set. I just love the Indy figure. He comes with gun, whip, and pouch/messenger bag.Yeah, when I read your post (I haven't had time to post lately, still don't actually :p) I had to grab that set as well, it's a winner. I saw all the others - the Well of Souls (renamed who cares what they call it) looked kinda meh but the opening sequence of Raiders set looked awesome (though another $50 set that's just mini-scenes connected) and the Truck set looks like it could work.

Jango Speck
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Got my Animated Chewie and Han maquettes today.

gambitguru
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
went to Disneyland tday and picked up to Darth Goofy's.

Went to target buena park and found wave 7 only, passed on all of the figs.

figrin bran
12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I was out a solid 12 hours yesterday, when I got back at midnight, my neighborhood was in a blackout, they had blocked off the streets, and it had been going for 4 hours and would go another 5. Great job DWP! Apparently mine was the only neighborhood like this as well.

My neighborhood didn't have a blackout! You oughta move closer this way, JT! :p

JediTricks
12-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Well, I do prefer this side of Prospect ave, what with the lower crime rate and lower level of disgusting artists and all. :p

Cataclizm1
12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
City of hawthorne TRU: nothing
Target manhattan beach: Less than nothing.

stillakid
12-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Target manhattan beach: Less than nothing.

I think that means you have to give them stuff. :yes:

JediTricks
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
He gave them gas fumes driving away.

gambitguru
12-20-2007, 10:45 PM
went to target van nuys nothing new

needs: landmine, cliffjumper, mcrebeltroop, wave 4/5 gi joe(need more to troop build). please stash or pick up for me thanks

Tycho
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I wonder if the stores have STOPPED getting shipments now, it being so close to Christmas?

Luuuuuuke
12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I wonder if the stores have STOPPED getting shipments now, it being so close to Christmas?

I'm starting to think the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs are definitely being h eld until after the New Year.

Turbowars
12-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone can help me with the following,

2 Padme's
2 Holo Vaders
2-6 Mc Clam troopers
1 Wolfman
2 Poncho troopers

Luuuuuuke
12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Big thanks to Cataclizm for a stashed UGH McStormtrooper.

And expertly stashed figure, I have to add.

Jango Speck
12-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Received my Indy IV poster in the mail today. Burbank Target/TRU are starting to look pathetic again- just in time for holiday spending!

Cataclizm1
12-22-2007, 11:25 AM
City of Hawthorne TRU: I stashed a McQuarrie Rebeltrooper. PM for details.
EDIT: stash has been claimed
Also grabbed one for myself, and one for a buddy I know. They had lots more wave 8 still on the pegs. All the figures fresh put out while i was there.
Torrance TRU: Lots and lots of Allspark power Landmines, Cliffjumpers, Camshafts. More Wave 8 SW but all the McRebels and Wolfs(?) looked to have been cleaned out before I got there. Then again this store has the SW section set up right behind a huge pillar so you can't really check all the pegs unless you're a contortionist.
Torrance Walmart: Had about 6 of the evolutions clone to sandtrooper 3 packs.
Target Redondo beach Galleria was a waste of time.

Luuuuuuke
12-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I got four of the Mighty Muggs "figures" at Wal-Mart: Vader, Boba Fett, Chewbacca and Han Solo between Pico Rivera and Monrovia Wal-Marts. Didn't see a Stormtrooper or Darth Maul at either. Didn't plan on buying these, but they looked pretty cool and once I opened them, I didn't regret spending $9.96 for each.

Got 4 McStormtroopers at Monrovia TRU. This was like an hour or more after opening. Noticed the Evolutions packs, mostly clone to sandtrooper, at a couple of Wal-Marts.

Damn, what's going on with the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs?

Jango Speck
12-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know if there are any toy donation centers still going in the San Fernando/San Gabriel Valley? TRU stopped collecting like two weeks ago, and I have some extra figures that I'd love to get rid of.

Kidhuman
12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
What figures are tey JS? I need a Holo Vader and a Hawkbat Clone if you have those

Jango Speck
12-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Nothing good- I'm just getting rid of all the Airbornes and Stormies that came in my cases this year.