PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

figrin bran
12-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I was able to score a McRebel and Jango from La Cienega TRU so I'm all done with SW figures for '07!

La Brea Target was even worse than usual as they shrunk the action figure section to just half an aisle, possibly in preparation for the next reset?

Kidhuman
12-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Nothing good- I'm just getting rid of all the Airbornes and Stormies that came in my cases this year.

Thanks dude, I will pass on those, I have enough of them.

CrunchyNug
12-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Chillin' out here in Dallas (32 degrees right now) for the holidays and am finding lots of w7.5 hanging around. Grabbed a few more troops for army building and a Max Reebo pack from WM. I also ran into a JLU 3-pack with Ultra Humanite/Green Arrow but not Mr Miracle/Darkseid. Are those 2 in the same assortment? Wasn't sure if I just missed Mr Miracle/Darkseid or not.

Happy Holidays...

darkagent
12-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I also ran into a JLU 3-pack with Ultra Humanite/Green Arrow but not Mr Miracle/Darkseid. Are those 2 in the same assortment? Wasn't sure if I just missed Mr Miracle/Darkseid or not.

Happy Holidays...

Yup, they're in the same assortment.

Tycho
12-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I hit the mother-load of Wave 8 this morning at Toys R Us.

4 McQuarrie Rebel Troopers (so there were 4 cases, right?)

My friend asked for 2 complete sets. Then I picked up others for me and friends. NavTek gets 1 McQuarrie and I've offered one to JediTricks, but he's still sleeping right now, so I don't know if he wants it. :rolleyes:

6 Clones in Training Gear (4 for me) - I must have left 2 behind.

3 Jangos - I left 5 or more behind.

2 Padmes - they weren't any better than the one I already had - worse actually. I took the 2 best for my buddy and left 6.

2 Voolfe Monns - I probably left 6 behind. I like this figure but already had it.

2 Destroyer Droids - Somebody else will have to show me their loose one before I decide if I'll get it. I left 6 behind.

That's it I think. So there were 4 cases of Wave 8. I bought everything there that was good (well, maybe I should've gotten all the Clones in Training Gear, but I'm sure they've sold by now. The morning crowd was all after Nintendos though).

CrunchyNug
12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I hit the mother-load of Wave 8 this morning at Toys R Us.

4 McQuarrie Rebel Troopers (so there were 4 cases, right?)

I've offered one to JediTricks, but he's still sleeping right now, so I don't know if he wants it. :rolleyes:

I'm awake and I'll take him!!!

Turbowars
12-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey Crunchy, did you happen to get me a Holo Vader?

Nothing at the Bur and NoHo Targets today. That damn wave 8 is killing me.

Frank Footer
12-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey!

Stopped in to Los Feliz TRU at the height of the holiday feeding frenzy (12:30 PM) for items other than SW (gasp!). To amuse myself, I ducked in to the SW aisle to see what dregs were left.

To my surprise, there was a TON of Wave 8 -- easily 6X everything (minus, of course, McClam Trooper). You guys shouldn't have much trouble finding what you need, but I stashed the following just in case:

- Jango and Training Clone
- Jango, Training Clone & Volvvif

It was a madhouse in there, so PM me soon & I'll give up the locations (Turbowars may get first dibs. :yes:).

Happy holidays to you all!

Jango Speck
12-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Stopped by Burbank KB today (I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business)- to find several Hermi Odles, Tattoo Anakins, Roron Corobb, Yoda/Kybuck. Funny thing was, there were at least 6 of each, but no Darth Revan, Darth Malek or Pre-Grievous. Guess where I found all of those? Yep, downstairs at the Scalp Shop- $15 a piece. Bastards!

Cataclizm1
12-24-2007, 03:15 AM
I just went to the grocery store tonight at 11 PM. I noticed City of Hawthorne TRU was still open when I passed so I decided to look inside, just for sh*ts and giggles. Let me tell you, the place looked like a freakin hurricane had hit it. toys strewn ALL OVER the entire floor of the store. I can only imagine what it was like in there a few hours earlier!

JediTricks
12-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks Tycho for the McReb grab! Now I'm just down to finding Jango & Reb Vanguard, it's so shocking.
Does anyone know if there are any toy donation centers still going in the San Fernando/San Gabriel Valley? TRU stopped collecting like two weeks ago, and I have some extra figures that I'd love to get rid of.The CHP office on Central ave in Glendale may still be taking donations (it's in an office building, call for the address), they were taking them VERY late last year.

K M Toydarian
12-24-2007, 06:06 AM
Did a late night run to Porter Ranch. Nothing of note there, except, as Cataclizm1 noted where he went, as MESS.

Went to 3 West Valley Targets and at one I found at least 20 Padmes (black gown) and a bunch of Volvifs. I don't know what the deal was but they were there. There must have been quite a few wave 8 cases, but not a single other figure besides those 2. I see many a padme on the future pegs.

toonimator
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Happy Christmas Eve everybody! I went to Target Burbank at normal time (pretty sure they opened at 7 tho) and was disgusted to see not one TAC figure there. The TAC and SL pegs, as well as a few extra pegs and most of the shelf below where sabers usually are, were FILLED with SL. Imp Officers, Shockies, Pit Droids, BDs, 3PO BDs, Boushhs, clones, Vaders, Sandtroopers, Droidekas the same stuff they've been getting constantly. One RA-7 broke the monotony. So much for scoring any TAC today! I figure most other places I could visit would be wiped out by now anyway.

The GOOD news is that they had DC Universe wave 1. It was tempting to buy all 5 (there was also an extra Batman, naturally) but I settled for the Kirbys: Etrigan and Orion. They look great! Hopefully Mattel really has learned its lesson as most reports & case assortments indicate for this series.

Still to go:
Voolvif
Padme
2 Jangos
Training Clone
3-4 Clammies
3-4 R2-B1s

and MAYBE a Pax and a poncho clone or vanguard. Not too worried, since a Q&A about wanting to see the McQuarrie figures show up more often in future assortments had Hasbro implying that a lot of TAC will be available through the first half of '08. Of course, a lot of collectors will scoop them up just as fast since they'll have stands instead of coins... :laugh:

darkagent
12-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Still to go:
Voolvif
Padme
2 Jangos
Training Clone

Los Feliz TRU had plenty of these figures this morning. Not sure if they were leftovers from yesterday, but there were still plenty of each. No McRebel Troopers of course. You might want to give them a try.

Nothing new at Glendale Target this morning. They were moving all the action figures to the Hot Wheels aisle to make room for a Clearance aisle. All the POTC toys were on clearance. I did find a lone ML Hydra soldier though.

Frank Footer
12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Los Feliz TRU had plenty of these figures this morning. You might want to give them a try.

JediTricks & toonimator -- I have Jango & Voolvif stashes there if you wanna brave the Xmas Eve crowds --

Cataclizm1
12-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey doods, if anyone sees the GI JOE comic 2-packs: Torch and Ripper, Destro and Breaker, or Scarlett and Hawk please stash for me.

Commtech
12-26-2007, 01:06 PM
>Greetings from south of the border! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Nothing interesting here as far as toys. McVader Wave is barely hitting the stores and all figures come with a spanish logo sticker inside the bubble. Pass!

Jango Speck
12-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Anyone know where I can find the Coruscant giclees of "Sunset on the Republic" or "Night in the Galactic Capital"? I didn't really know about them until after all the local conventions this year. Seems like the prices are pretty high online.

JediTricks
12-27-2007, 02:41 AM
I hit TRU and Target La Cienega today, the toy aisles at the latter were barren and at the former were barren and looked like they had been hit by a tornado. Brilliant, because nobody was at the stores returning product and looking to buy different stuff or anything. :rolleyes:

stillakid
12-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Target on Sepulveda in Sherman Oaks had full pegs but it was mostly pegwarmers. Few coin figures and a lot of Legends. A lot of the ATRT Battle Packs and ARC ship. Really nothing that most of us don't already have. I'd love to buy more of the Biker Scouts and other Troopers that are there, but am hoping for some kind of sale at some point. Just can't justify building armies at these prices.

K M Toydarian
12-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Went to La Cienega Target today as well. It was eerie how empty it was. They had completely cleared most pegs and rearranged for the reset, but I don't know where any of the product went. There were a few ship exclusives in other random "junk" aisles, but they must have taken pallets of stuff to the back, to sort through it.
I did notice the shelf tag for the new mystery "Star Wars 2 pack" or something like that. There was also the familiar expanded universe comic 2 pack peg.

darkagent
12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Had the day off, so I went hunting today. No new SW, but I did find the latest wave of The Batman figures (finally!!) at Walmart.:D Picked up the Green Lantern and Hawkman. Here's a quick pic I took:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/darkagent_pi/BatmanJL.jpg

They also had the ML F4 wave on clearance for $5 each. Although, the Blob series was still $9.99 per figure. Go figure.:rolleyes:

JediTricks
12-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Nice find on those Batman JLA figs!

CrunchyNug
12-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Happy Holidays everyone. I just got back from traveling and I am really ready to relax. While on the road, I raided a few local spots but didn't really find anything too interesting. I did grab some w7.5 army builders and the Max Reebo Band w/ Sy Snootles at WM.

The Targets around here are definitely re-setting, but like everywhere else, nothing SW is on Clearance yet. I'm finding plenty of Bombers, ARC-170's and AT-RT's. I did get some cheap ornaments for next year.

Cataclizm1
12-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Had the day off, so I went hunting today. No new SW, but I did find the latest wave of The Batman figures (finally!!) at Walmart.:D Picked up the Green Lantern and Hawkman. Here's a quick pic I took:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/darkagent_pi/BatmanJL.jpg

I only saw a Batman in that series today. I think I might want the Hal Jordan.

City of hawthorne TRU: Old stuff, some Padmes.
Torrance Walmart: Old legends, 1x clone evo set
Target Manhattan beach: Couple of red naboo guards, old stuff.

Jango Speck
12-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Burbank Target has doubled the pegs for SW figures. Now both ends of the aisles have SW figure sections. I'm sure this must be temporary, but they did put the peg tags up, so who knows. Nothing but Legends pegwarmers for now, and they are practically one per peg. No "Cars" to be found either.

toonimator
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
This morning saw a lot of SW in that new front section. Still mostly Legends, but the repaint wave was present in pretty good numbers. I got my 3 R2-B1s and a Pax... Jackie Chan was there with an arm full of some sorta HW-type cars, and I think a Cobra Trooper (2 of everything on Joe pegs but the Trooper). He was looking at the SW figures but not going for any... Soon as he saw me grabbing 2 R2s, he grabbed one. There was a 4th, fortunately, so I'm done with my droids for the year :razz: Then he actually asked me which figure there was the best! Damn scalper.

There were still a bunch of everything else from the wave. The Joes were the Shipwreck wave, I think. Nada new in Marvel or DC, and no pegs visible (yet?) for DC Universe. The Demon and Orion from last week are pretty cool!

Tycho
12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Then he actually asked me which figure there was the best! Damn scalper.

I hate it when those low-lifes do that.

I try to point them to any pegwarmers if I even bother acknowledging them.

Funny Money
12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi all, I am on the road in Iowa,.. for New Year's,.. help... snow...
Anyway, I don't know if anyone has posted this but the Radio Shacks here have the Vader and Maul laser pointers on sale for 4.99,.. reg 19.99!! They look almost the size of a Sideshow Premium Format fig saber hilt. Pretty cool. The MR sabers are 20% off and the mini MR helmets are marked down too.

Tycho
12-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Dude! Can you quickly register to vote there? You could go to the Iowa Caucuses! That's like as exciting as a Star Wars Celebration would be!

Funny Money
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Caucuses, sounds like a growth on the bottom of your feet you get when you are walking barefoot in the jungle for two days

Cataclizm1
12-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Torrance Walmart: Still has 1 Clone Evo set. I saw the toy stocker lady buying 3 "cars" packs as I left. I have no idea about those so whatever.
City of Hawthorne TRU: Had some wave 8 left, but no McRebels.
Target Manhattan Beach: Looks like the reset is in progress, shelves still pretty empty. Had a Hoth battle pack on one of the wrong aisles.
Target Redondo Beach: Nothing special
Torrance TRU: Nothing special
Torrance Target: Has a bunch of Cobra legion 5-packs in the clearance section for $17.50. I bought two more and now my cobra army looks badass.

Jango Speck
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
This is really insane:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Jabba-the-Hutt-Potato-Cake-ONE-OFF-STAR-WARS-collector_W0QQitemZ160183282054QQihZ006QQcategoryZ 2312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

stillakid
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
This is really insane:

There was a smudge in my LA Times yesterday that bore a striking resemblance to Jesus. :yes:

mark2d2
12-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Anybody got an extra Pax? I'd be ever so grateful for some help in scoring this Greedo repaint. Thanks!

JediTricks
12-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Target West Hollywood has annihilated their toy section, turning the entire thing into a hideous clearance zone. There are no Star Wars pegs left, the only SW figures there were comics 2packs dumped in one of the clearance aisles, not even on a peg, and they're not on clearance!!!

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has posted this but the Radio Shacks here have the Vader and Maul laser pointers on sale for 4.99,.. reg 19.99!! They look almost the size of a Sideshow Premium Format fig saber hilt. Pretty cool. The MR sabers are 20% off and the mini MR helmets are marked down too.Wow, what timing Funny Money! I had just picked all 5 of those up right around the time you posted that, and just took a pic of them and put them in the news:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=11&p2_articleid=1255

Here in LA, I hit 3 Radio Shacks in the Hollywood area (there's another 2 around here I didn't need to go to) to get all 5 pieces. Some still have the Star Wars display up for them, another had them dumped in a friggin' small box on the floor with some other crap, and the third had them up on pegs with the regular keychains and car stuff. But they were all $5 down from $20 and $10, respectively. Luke's blue LED flashlight is the hardest to find, I think I need to buy a second and start using it since it's so darn bright.

Have a good trip... in Iowa?

How much crack did they smoke before seeing Jabba in that rubber vomit, I mean, "potato cake"?

JT - still looking for wave 8 Jango.

figrin bran
12-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I picked up those Radio Shack lightsabers (the laser pointers weren't on sale, I believe) back on Black Friday for $5.99 and no one else seemed interested on this board.

JediTricks
12-29-2007, 05:07 AM
I guess $4.99 is the magic number. ;)

CrunchyNug
12-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Took another trip out this morning looking for clearance items and found a few UBP's for $35 at Target...couldn't help but pick up a few for swapping out. The clearance isles are a total mess by the way.

Kidhuman
12-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Crunchy, you have an extra Endor one for me by chance? I missed them here.

mark2d2
12-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Crunchy. . . If you have an extra Hoth turret You are looking to unload to recoup cost, please do p.m. me with a price. I really want one, but can't justify all those extra figs. . .

figrin bran
12-29-2007, 08:01 PM
I picked up an extra McHan from Los Feliz TRU this morning.

Glendale Target seems more on the ball than most of the other Targets as they've started their reset already. I saw the craptastic SW keychain 2 packs, GI Joe comic 2 packs, POTC Swashbucklers and the Indy Lego sets among other things.

I stashed a Voolvif, Padme and Training Clone at Glendale Target btw.

JT, I picked up a Maul laser pointer from Barnsdall Radio Shack. I have a feeling you cleaned them out of the lightsabers ;)

Cataclizm1
12-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Which JOE comic packs did you see?

figrin bran
12-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Which JOE comic packs did you see?

Wave 1 - SE/SS, Hawk/Scarlett, Duke/CC. At least I assume that's wave 1. When you collect multiple toy lines, it can be tough to keep your assortments straight :p

Funny Money
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know where the Indiana jones fig is
sold in disneyland? What shop?

Chaddymac
12-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know where the Indiana jones fig is
sold in disneyland? What shop?
Have you tried the shop across from the Indy ride? Just guessing...

Jango Speck
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM

That is the only shop to buy these in. I went a few weeks ago, and some lady showed up before me and bought all the cases from the back room. I still don't have one.

Funny Money
12-30-2007, 01:43 AM

A friend of mine is going tomorrow with his year old. He said he'll look if he has time,... I'm still in Iowa...

JediTricks
12-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Duarte WM had a The Force Unleashed role play Lightsaber.

Pasadena 1 story Target had wave 7.5.

Los Feliz TRU had half of wave 8, including Voolvif Monn, which I stashed if anybody wants it.

The LEGO SW '08 line is out everywhere, I picked up the 2 bps, they're not bad.

Still need a stashin or grab on Jango. :D

darkagent
12-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Went to both Eagle Rock and Glendale Targets this morning and found no new Star Wars. Looks like both stores have done their reset though, so new stuff should be hitting anytime.

Eagle Rock had about 4-5 pegs full of the GI Joe Zartan wave if any of you are interested. They also had the variant case of ML3. I managed to pick up the Marvel Girls (not the backward variant :sad:) and a Hydra Soldier open mouth variant. Had some trouble at checkout though. They don't seem to be in their system yet. The manager finally sold them to me at Spider-man movie figure prices ($6.98). :)

Cataclizm1
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Damn I want that Marvel Girl variant so bad. Haven't seen any wave 3 at retail though. :[
I found the GI JOE comic 2 packs at Torrance Walmart this morning. Wave 1 and wave 2. Also they had a Sith Evolutions 3 pack.

Luuuuuuke
12-30-2007, 03:35 PM
That is the only shop to buy these in. I went a few weeks ago, and some lady showed up before me and bought all the cases from the back room. I still don't have one.

I don't collect Indy stuff, but this would **** me off. It's bad enough when regular retail stores let scalpers buy cases from the back, but a singular tourist destination like Disneyland should not be doing this. For a lot of people, this is a one shot chance.

I haven't really been hitting the stores, but I did notice at one Wal-Mart that they now have Disney Cars packs with 3 cars, called something like "Piston Cup" something. It's the pace car and two other cars.

gambitguru
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
if any of you guys find GI wave 5 (destro, crimson gaurd) and GI 2 packs
please stash.

darkagent
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
I found the DC Classics wave at TRU the other day. I was thinking of getting them, when I noticed that some scumbag had opened the package from the bottom and removed the BAF parts. :upset:

Jango Speck
12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Toys R Us.com has a $20 off $75 or more coupon code: "TRUPAYPAL2075", if you use PayPal.

Tycho
12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
My Toys R Us had only 2 SW figures: a Givin and an Imperial Officer.

Jango Speck
12-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Found TPM Padme at Panorama City WM today- $5.99!

Jango Speck
12-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Final wave is up on HTS.com NOW! Limit one per figure on the McClammy/Wolfman Jedi figures.

P.S. I don't know of any decent free shipping coupons, and judging by Hasbro's packaging trends, I think I'm gonna pass on these. I only want them for carded purposes, so I'd be screwed if they show up bent.

CrunchyNug
12-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Managed to grab a few McRebels. Most of the decent coupons have expired, but -

DISC10
CATWEB10

Both get you at least 10% off.

stillakid
12-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Final wave is up on HTS.com NOW! Limit one per figure on the McClammy/Wolfman Jedi figures.

P.S. I don't know of any decent free shipping coupons, and judging by Hasbro's packaging trends, I think I'm gonna pass on these. I only want them for carded purposes, so I'd be screwed if they show up bent.

Thanks for the heads up! Which figure is "McClammy"?

figrin bran
12-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Which figure is "McClammy"?

McClammy would be the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper.

Thanks for the heads up Speck! I needed a McRebel for an opener.

Jango Speck
12-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Managed to grab a few McRebels. Most of the decent coupons have expired, but -

DISC10
CATWEB10

Both get you at least 10% off.

Wow, with separate orders, those are going to be some expensive McRebels.

Turbowars
12-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Wow, with separate orders, those are going to be some expensive McRebels.
Better than e-bay and trips to WM!:whip: There's over 750 in stock, so they might last for awhile @ 12 a pop.

Jango Speck
12-31-2007, 02:20 AM
Better than e-bay and trips to WM!:whip:

My problem is that I'm waiting for my NFC case to ship (and hope that it doesn't get cancelled). If it arrives, I'll have about 5 extra figures I don't need and can't return to Target, but everything will be minty fresh. If I buy from HTS, they'll probably be bent, and I don't know if NFC will let me cancel a pre-order, so oh well.

darkagent
12-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Wow, for $12 a figure, might as well pick them up at Frank and Sons. At least there, you can find a nice one mint on mint card.

BlueSnags
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Just ordered a few McRebels from HTS. Big thanks to Crunchy for the heads up (via a text message).:thumbsup:

-Snags

Jango Speck
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Ah hell, I hate being left out of a party- I placed my wave 8 order. I guess if they arrive intact, I'll try to cancel my NFC case. If any of you can get an extra Wolfman Jedi or McClammy, I need one more of each, but the shipping kind of negates a second order unless it's a big one to spread out the cost.

P.S. I haven't received any email confirmation of my HTS order.

darkagent
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
For all you JLU fans, be on the look out. I picked up the Fire and Ice 3 pack this morning at Target. :grin:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/darkagent_pi/DSC00055.jpg

toonimator
12-31-2007, 01:11 PM
2 cases of ROTJ wave at Burbank Target this morning. I kept the McQuarries away from J.C. until he left (2 Hans and a Vader) then put 'em back, so everything was still there. Lots of Titanium (Obi-Wan, 2 Kit, AND a Plo Koon Hyperspace Ring fighters, AT-AP, etc). GIJoe 3-packs (in garish 'comic' colors!). Mighty Muggs or whatever they're called (got Chewie for myself, Fett for a friend), and some Marvel Legends! Most of the Brood wave, only Bucky & Rachel missing. Picked up the yelling HYDRA soldier (only soldier they had). The Evo sets were there, too, 3 clones and a Sith. Also got the LEGO Rebel army-builder set.

CrunchyNug
12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
For all you JLU fans, be on the look out. I picked up the Fire and Ice 3 pack this morning at Target. :grin:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/darkagent_pi/DSC00055.jpg

Very nice!!! I'll keep my eyes open - definitely want one of these. Stash if you find any more please???

stillakid
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
TRU Woodland Hills had very little on the shelves, but I did get a poncho Jango and a couple rebel army builders.

Target at DeSoto had the same peg warmers as usual and also about a million ARC ships.

JediTricks
12-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks to Deoxy texting me about wave 8 on HTS last night, I was able to get my 1 more Concept Rebel, my missing Jango, and Transformers movie Landmine, plus she hit me with the working 10% off coupon (my AAA account still needs its online activation, or I would have used that 15% off instead). So I was able to "get" all the figures I wanted in their single year for the first time in probably 6 years!

P.S. I haven't received any email confirmation of my HTS order.Yeah, mine didn't come in until 1:47pm! Crazy.

stillakid
12-31-2007, 08:56 PM
(my AAA account still needs its online activation, or I would have used that 15% off instead).

:doubletake: What?! AAA has a discount for hasbrotoyshop?

figrin bran
12-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Very nice!!! I'll keep my eyes open - definitely want one of these. Stash if you find any more please???

Me too! I could use a JLU stash (or even a pickup) for Fire/Ice, Mr. Miracle and even Ultra Humanite.

darkagent, was that from Glendale Target by any chance? I stopped by work and found a lot of remnant 3 packs.

JT, I knew I should've checked the TF's on HTS last night while looking for something else to buy along with a McRebel. I guess I'll just wait for your review on Landmine before deciding if I want one. For starters, I'm not a fan of the head design as it looks an awful lot like the Bionicle Toas.

Speck, HTS has the protective cases once again. I know you were looking for some a few weeks ago.

Jango Speck
01-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Speck, HTS has the protective cases once again. I know you were looking for some a few weeks ago.

I know, that's what caused me to change my mind and order the figures.

bikerscout
01-01-2008, 04:02 AM
toonimator, what is the ROTJ wave you speak of???

Tycho
01-01-2008, 10:24 AM
He probably means Wave 7:

Anakin Spirit
R2 Ewok Net
Tycho
Ewoks Romba and Graak

The concept Han (looks like Ewan) is in that wave, too.

It's basically all ROTJ.

Funny Money
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
:doubletake: What?! AAA has a discount for hasbrotoyshop?

.:tripletake:.

Yes... what does this mean!?

Tycho
01-01-2008, 10:23 PM
That if you wreck your car and can't go toy hunting, AAA will get you a discount for having Hasbro ship your figures to you :crazed:

Has anyone tried this? Drive your car off a bridge and see if you get a McSnowTrooper?

bikerscout
01-02-2008, 01:01 AM
He probably means Wave 7:

Anakin Spirit
R2 Ewok Net
Tycho
Ewoks Romba and Graak

The concept Han (looks like Ewan) is in that wave, too.

It's basically all ROTJ.

thanx tycho. how'd you know all about that wave, oh wait, you're in it. I should be in it too darnit, but i'm just a saga legend!!

Cataclizm1
01-02-2008, 03:21 AM
Did someone on here need a 25th Serpentor? I remember somebody needed it but I forgot who. And I accidentally deleted the PM I got for it. Let me know before I return it...

Edit: thanks to the magic of the search feature I figured out it was Gambitguru.

Sean the Hutt
01-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Hey Tycho, I have to go to Canada for a while soon. can you give a shout out when you see wave 7 hitting the stores here? I will have someone start looking for me, thanks... Canada is always skipping waves

Kidhuman
01-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Wave 7 has hit and so has 7.5 and wave 8 Sean.

Tycho
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I will be happy to help Sean - if I'm in the stores at all. I have all the toys I wanted for the time being. I only plan to set foot in a Target or Wal-Mart when I need some household supplies - which might be once or twice for all of January.

The 2008 figures? I have no idea when they might show up. I don't want that many either:

5 Octopara Droids
3 Po Nudos
1 21-B
1 Mining Platform Droid

The Force Unleashed Wave has only 3 I think I want:
1 chick w. midriff showing
2 Jedi w. ponytail
1 Vader wounded

I don't think they're arriving for a while either.

Evolutions might show. I'll take:

1 Mandalorian Set
2 Jedi sets

Vehicles I'll pursue though:

3 AT-APs
1 Grievous fighter
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm done with Galactic Heroes for the time being in that I'm not interested in the new sets I've seen previewed (Order 66 GH mostly).

I don't collect anything else.

About $181 (plus tax) - roughly $200 for maybe all January-February in toys (maybe March as well). And if I find the stuff, it will probably be all available at once - so not that many trips to the retailers.

As far as I know, I'm done with Transformers (no Alts, and likely no movie stuff unless I get that LC Megatron repaint).

Star Trek is all online ordering.

SideShow is all online ordering (Palpatine being the only figure I have an interest in).

So things are going to go slow over here.

Frank Footer
01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Happy new year!

Glendale Target AM -- 2x McSolo, 1x McVader, multiple Cargo R2, Ewoks, Tycho, Spirit Ani.

In 2008: Juno Eclipse is the only figure announced so far that I'm interested in.

Jango Speck
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
At 2pm, Burbank TRU had 2 Wolfman Jedis and about 7 Padme's- but nothing else from wave 8- very strange.

Sean the Hutt
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks. I don't get to search for star wars like I used to, so I am starting to fall behind...hasbro's loss.I guess they make enough money off of us they don't care to make waves easily obtainable,the ewoks,and tycho are the only ones I want from that wave

Commtech
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Found the new DC figures today at Burbank Target. Also, there were like 7 mcsolos, spirit anakins, ewoks, etc. Full pegs of starwars. All GI JOE comic packs were gone and just a couple of single figures were left after having 3 full pegs of those yesterday.

CrunchyNug
01-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Cars fans, I spotted a bunch of new stuff at Bur TRU this morning...3-packs w/ some old WM exclusives thrown in including a new lightning Ramone. Some new pit stop packs and the mini Cars 2-packs and playsets. Also found JLU Fire/Ice 3-pack at Target. Now I just need Mr Miracle and a Grodd.

Jango Speck
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Cars fans, I spotted a bunch of new stuff at Bur TRU this morning...3-packs w/ some old WM exclusives thrown in including a new lightning Ramone. Some new pit stop packs and the mini Cars 2-packs and playsets. Also found JLU Fire/Ice 3-pack at Target. Now I just need Mr Miracle and a Grodd.

What time do they open now? I drove by at 9:15am, but it looked like they were still closed.

darkagent
01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
What time do they open now? I drove by at 9:15am, but it looked like they were still closed.

TRU went back to their normal hours of 10am-9pm.

Luuuuuuke
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Hit two Targets this morning and they both had a lot of new stuff.

At Rosemead Target:

They had plenty of the G.I.Joe 2-packs(all 3).
They had Star Wars Bobble Heads(Clone, Stormtrooper, Vader, Yoda)
They had the Star Wars Mighty Muggs(Boba Fett, Vader, Chewie, Han--no Stormtrooper or Maul)
They had Star Wars 2-figure key chains. None with the Stormie and C3PO though. (They look pretty crappy)
Nothing new as far as basic figures.

Baldwin Park Target:

Pretty much the same except no Mighty Muggs, no Bobble Heads, only 2 out of 3 of the GI Joe 2-figure packs(the Cobra/Duke ones were not there). They also had those cheap looking keychains, but again, none with the Stormtrooper and 3PO.

I also hit the Baldwin Park Wal-Mart, but that place had literally nothing new. It looked like their toy aisles were still under construction.

I didn't buy anything at all today.

Jango Speck
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Burbank Target had plenty of those new keychains- totally worthless if you ask me. They should just hang those up at the cash registers, not waste valuable peg space.

Luuuuuuke
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Burbank Target had plenty of those new keychains- totally worthless if you ask me. They should just hang those up at the cash registers, not waste valuable peg space.

I wonder if those are the Star Wars 2 figure packs someone said they saw mentioned in a planogram.

Anyway, like I said, a l ot of new stuff at my Targets, but mostly crappo stuff.

I did want to find the Stormtrooper Mighty Mugg, but that and the Maul seem to be the harder to find ones.

JediTricks
01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
:doubletake: What?! AAA has a discount for hasbrotoyshop?Yeah, but you have to be signed into the AAA account and visit HTS through them to get it. It's not a bad discount though, pretty much makes tax & shipping disappear.

JT, I knew I should've checked the TF's on HTS last night while looking for something else to buy along with a McRebel. I guess I'll just wait for your review on Landmine before deciding if I want one. For starters, I'm not a fan of the head design as it looks an awful lot like the Bionicle Toas.I got lucky, I happened to remember reading someone else's sighting of it while I was checking out and was able to reverse course and order it before finishing the transaction. I know what you mean about the head, but I like the way they did the rest of it so I forgave that weird design (it's basically a tubular steel cover over his face to match how the dune buggy design works). I'll be sure to post my thoughts when it arrives.

Burbank Target had plenty of those new keychains- totally worthless if you ask me. They should just hang those up at the cash registers, not waste valuable peg space.West Hollywood did too, and you're so right, they look like crap and should NOT be in the toy section, major disappointments. The face on Qui-Gon is funny though, he looks seriously freaked out.

toonimator
01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I did want to find the Stormtrooper Mighty Mugg, but that and the Maul seem to be the harder to find ones.
when i saw the MMs the other day, there were two of everything except Maul & Stormie. They may not be in the first assortment?

Jango Speck
01-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I wonder if those are the Star Wars 2 figure packs someone said they saw mentioned in a planogram.

Yes, that's what they are- crapola!

Jango Speck
01-04-2008, 02:04 AM
FYI, if you pre-ordered that Luke/Dionaga maquette, AFX is now offering a Free Shipping upgrade. Just email their customer service address with your order info and the request. Saved me $10!

toonimator
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Still tons of the Ewok wave at Burbank Target. Loads of everyone but McHan. Even a couple McVaders were hangin out after 8:30 (along with a few Airborne). Hopefully they'll get a few cases of AOTC now! Picked me up an Indiana Jones motorcycle chase LEGO set! Saw the CW3D Anakin starfighter, kinda neat. At least the LEGO version can actually hold a full R2 unit :tired:

CrunchyNug
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
One Target, and I say one because I hit several this morning, has ALL the SW exclusives on clearance at the 30% discount. I found TIE Bomber, ARC-170, ARC-170 BP, & AT-RT BP. I couldn't help but pick up a few more.:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
01-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Received my GG PGM swag today. Does anyone want the Simposon's stuff and the tote bag? I have no interest in them.

figrin bran
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I got the Fett and Vader Mighty Muggs from Pasadena Target and a TF deluxe Landmine from La Cienega Target. Every Target I went to seemed to have at least 3-4 pegs full of GI Joe Wave 3 so it's good to see that distribution is getting better with that line.

I'm still looking for the JLU Mr. Miracle, Ice/Fire, Ultra Humanite 3 packs so those of you around Burbank/Glendale/Hollywood please stash/pickup if you come across them.

Jango Speck
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Saw the Evolutions Clone set at Burbank Target today- those AOTC clones are sooooo ugly. Thanks to the Legends line, I don't need any of those guys.

gambitguru
01-06-2008, 02:57 AM
went to several targets today
picked up:
2 arc 170
2 tie bombers
1 battle endor
1mcrebel trooper

I thought about getting the at-rt but could convience myself to buy even though on clearace, if it goes lower maybe ill buy them

saw the gi joe comic 2 packs. not really impressed with them. dont really look to good in person. theres something about the paint job.

saw one guy at target sepulveda buy 3 gi joe legions

needs: gi joe wave 4/5. thats it. pretty much caught up with everything

Commtech
01-06-2008, 03:53 AM
went to several targets today
picked up:
2 arc 170
2 tie bombers
1 battle endor
1mcrebel trooper

where all those on clearance? if so, how much? (percentage off?)

Turbowars
01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Anyone score a Hoth BP on clearance that they don't want?:thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
01-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Target Manhattan beach: Sith Evolution x2, Clone evolution x2.

Commtech
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone score a Hoth BP on clearance that they don't want?:thumbsup:

I returned mine yesterday at Burbank Target. I had paid full price. Went there this morning and didn't see it. It's probably still there at the returns area if you want to check. I just don't have space for it.

BlueSnags
01-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Just got back in town after being on vacation for two weeks. Hit a few Target stores, one store had LEGO TIE Crawlers on clearance for half price/$25 (PM me for location), another had the Target exclusive ships on clearance. Picked up an ARC-170 for $20 and a TIE Bomber for $17.

Found what is most likely the last Ultimate Hoth Battle Pack left in LA buried under a ton of clearance merchandise at a Target in Tha 'Hood. The BP rung up at $34.90. Good times. Also saw Mighty Muggs for the first time (Han only) and the Evolutions re-packs (passed).

-Snags

gambitguru
01-06-2008, 04:08 PM
where all those on clearance? if so, how much? (percentage off?)

20 for the arc 170

17 for the tie bombers

30 something for the BP

i have a feeling the the arc 170 and tie bombers might goes as low as 12.48

Commtech
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Found what is most likely the last Ultimate Hoth Battle Pack left in LA buried under a ton of clearance merchandise at a Target in Tha 'Hood. The BP rung up at $34.90. Good times.
-Snags

Was it Burbank Target? Probably my return from yesterday night. I'm glad it's in good hands and not Jackie Chan's, Hootie's or Chubby 13's!

By the way, this morning at Burbank Target, Jackie Chan was there. I arrived like 10 seconds before opening and JC was following the Hot Wheels crowd. I hurried up and as soon as he saw me, he changed his destination and went to the action figures aisle first. I immediately asked him (in spanish) "Weren't you going for the Hot Wheels first? Why did you change your mind?". LOL! I love to put him on the spot. He didn't reply. Oh... and then of course, he asked me what was hot! :p

Tycho
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Isn't Jackie Chan Asian? I always pictured that. Now I'm to learn he's Hispanic? Why do you call him Jackie Chan?

Commtech
01-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Isn't Jackie Chan Asian? I always pictured that. Now I'm to learn he's Hispanic? Why do you call him Jackie Chan?

He's Hispanic. I also don't know why he's nicknamed Jackie Chan. Anyone?

mark2d2
01-06-2008, 08:19 PM
anybody finding the greedo repaint pax? i want this guy and was so expecting/hoping him to warm. but no such luck. i can't find him anywhere. . .

Maradona
01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Long time reader, first time poster...

I've driven marathon lengths in the past 24 hours searching Targets for their exclusives on clearance and found the following:

NOTHING!

Actually:

West Covina - one clone Evolutions set
Baldwin Park - nothing redeeming, except maybe the Cobra Legions at $12
Rosemead - one of the more depressing toy sections around
Pico Rivera - three clone Evolutions sets
Southgate - tumbleweeds made out of Elite Forces
La Cienaga - Mighty Muggs galore, except for Han and Chewy
La Brea - one clone Evolutions
Burbank - nothing
Evil Rock - apparently restocked wave 8/9, but saw an employee notorious for picking the shelves clean walking away with a McQ Rebel and a smirk
Glendale - still has Arcs (full price), but where did the Tie Bombers that filled shelves just this Friday go?

I still want to pick up 2-3 more Tie Bombers, so if anyone knows where they are still available...

BlueSnags
01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Was it Burbank Target? Probably my return from yesterday night. I'm glad it's in good hands and not Jackie Chan's, Hootie's or Chubby 13's!
:p

It was the Van Nuys Target.

-Snags

Kidhuman
01-06-2008, 09:57 PM
anybody finding the greedo repaint pax? i want this guy and was so expecting/hoping him to warm. but no such luck. i can't find him anywhere. . .

I know HTS had him up for sale might want to look into it.

figrin bran
01-06-2008, 10:12 PM

I know HTS had him up for sale might want to look into it.

it's still available on HTS as of right now. I think the CATWEB10 code still works and will save you 10% at checkout.

I picked up a Darth Maul mighty mugg from La Brea Target this afternoon.

BlueSnags
01-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks to Turbowars for the Mighty Muggs Han, Chewie and Boba today. If anyone sees a Stormie, Vader or Maul please stash them for me.

Picked up the new CARS today - Pit Crew Guido and Race Official Tom at Walmart.

-Snags

Frank Footer
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Maradona -- welcome to the boards. That's an impressive amount of mileage!

Glendale Target this AM -- smattering of Waves 7 and 8 (along with a lone Wave 8 Padme). 1 x McSolo, as well.

I love to put him on the spot. He didn't reply. Oh... and then of course, he asked me what was hot! :p

Does anyone ever give these guys red herrings when they ask such questions? I'd be awesome to see them all scrambling for Mace Windu & Pilot Biggs. lol

toonimator
01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I've thought about offering up red herrings.. but the bad thing about pegwarmers is they're usually BLATANT pegwarmers. Dense as some scalpers may be, I doubt they'd believe that X figure is 'hot' when there's 2+ pegs full of him. Then again, Jackie IS the guy who saw a peg full of that TRU silver Wolverine and walked off with nearly the entire peg in one haul.

Burbank Target was a waste. Endor R2s and Ghost Anakins, an Umpass, couple Airborne. Legends were migrating over to the (now full-priced) TAC pegs again.

I did see JLU Ultra-Humanite and Darkseid 3-packs, but didn't stash. The UH pack was in pretty good condition, Darkseid had a big ol' blot on his belt right in the front.

Commtech
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
It was the Van Nuys Target.

-Snags

That ain't "Tha Hood"!

Well, at least your hood (Burbank, NoHo).

Funny Money
01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Welcome Maradona!,..
Snags TRU.com has Stormie Mighty Mugg up now for 9.99, FYI

La Cienega TRU must have gotten McRebel Wave this AM. By the time I got there only poncho Jango and red pajamas Clone were there. I stashed them,.. PM me for location.

They also were putting out the DC Super Heroes Mattel Select Sculpt Series 6 Figures (Joker, Clayface, Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman & Bruce Wayne) , I don't know what these are,.. but I stashed the Catwoman and Clayface (he has rubbery skin!) PM me,..

Funny Money
01-07-2008, 10:07 PM
...poncho Jango and red pajamas Clone were there. I stashed them,..

Claimed.

DC figs are still available

figrin bran
01-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I did see JLU Ultra-Humanite and Darkseid 3-packs, but didn't stash. The UH pack was in pretty good condition, Darkseid had a big ol' blot on his belt right in the front.

doh! I could've used the UH!

Tycho
01-07-2008, 10:46 PM
So does anyone know how the scalper Jackie Chan got his name?

figrin bran
01-07-2008, 10:59 PM
So does anyone know how the scalper Jackie Chan got his name?

I think BlueSnags is the one who came up with most, if not all of the scalper code names so I'll let him elaborate.

CrunchyNug
01-08-2008, 02:12 AM

doh! I could've used the UH!

I went back during my lunch break hoping to find that Mr Miracle/Darkseid - of course it was gone, but I had to try.

BlueSnags
01-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I think BlueSnags is the one who came up with most, if not all of the scalper code names so I'll let him elaborate.

The guy is small and quick like Jackie Chan - kinda looks like him too IMO.

-Snags:laugh:

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Long time reader, first time poster...

I've driven marathon lengths in the past 24 hours searching Targets for their exclusives on clearance and found the following:

NOTHING!

Actually:

West Covina - one clone Evolutions set
Baldwin Park - nothing redeeming, except maybe the Cobra Legions at $12
Rosemead - one of the more depressing toy sections around
Pico Rivera - three clone Evolutions sets
Southgate - tumbleweeds made out of Elite Forces
La Cienaga - Mighty Muggs galore, except for Han and Chewy
La Brea - one clone Evolutions
Burbank - nothing
Evil Rock - apparently restocked wave 8/9, but saw an employee notorious for picking the shelves clean walking away with a McQ Rebel and a smirk
Glendale - still has Arcs (full price), but where did the Tie Bombers that filled shelves just this Friday go?

I still want to pick up 2-3 more Tie Bombers, so if anyone knows where they are still available...Welcome aboard! That's quite the run, you do that all in one pass or several shorter trips?

Maradona
01-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome:grin:

I divived the trek into 2 sections: Saturday night before closing, I hit the "10 freeway trio" of West Covina, BP, and Rosemead and Sunday morning the rest. I tried to get as many in knowing I'd go back to work from winter break Monday morning.

On an unrelated note, an acquaintance of mine started working at Alhambra TRU during the holiday season and confirmed what most must already know: employees raid cases before putting them out. There is a pecking order as to who gets what within the ranks of the employees all the way up to management. Rarely, she tells me, do employees not indoctrinated in the ways of the dark side get near certain items in the back. Off duty employees show up when shipments do to see what they can get. Many employees stash toys to purchase later when certain people aren't around. The most sought after items, according to her, are the McFarlane sports figures and game consoles. She says that even the teenage employees have learned to put the figures up on eBay.

bikerscout
01-09-2008, 03:29 AM
that would never happen at the Burbank TRU! :lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
that would never happen at the Burbank TRU! :lipsrsealed:

"you know how it is"

(somebody had to say it :p )

Commtech
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
The guy is small and quick like Jackie Chan - kinda looks like him too IMO.

-Snags:laugh:

I think one of the best nicknames is "chef boyardee" from Burbank TRU. That is so on the money, every time I see him I try to contain my laughter:D!!

Luuuuuuke
01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
This morning I got a Deluxe Transformers movie Optimus Prime(the $20 one) at Pico Rivera Target--but it's for the son of my wife's best friend. The packaging was screwed up, but he's going to open it I'm sure. The cashier said: "It looks like someone stepped on it. But it was the last one." She didn't work in toys either.

I also bought "3:10 to Yuma" for $16.99. At city of Commerce Target I bought a single Crimson Guard GI Joe. I'm still trying to find the Destro. Sounds like someone got a ton of GI Joes there this morning, according to the cashier in electronics. For some reason they left the Crimson Guard and a Sgt. Flash from this wave.

BlueSnags
01-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I think one of the best nicknames is "chef boyardee" from Burbank TRU. That is so on the money, every time I see him I try to contain my laughter:D!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

-Snags

Tycho
01-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I also bought "3:10 to Yuma" for $16.99.

3:10 to Yuma is a great movie! I have to go out and get that.

Commtech
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
stashed a Hawbat clone (poncho) and a starkiller hero at Burbank Target. pm me for location.

toonimator
01-10-2008, 12:11 PM
PM sent! Slow start today. :P

Commtech
01-10-2008, 12:18 PM
stashed a Hawbat clone (poncho) and a starkiller hero at Burbank Target. pm me for location.

stash claimed!

toonimator
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the stash! Hawkbat's still available.

BlueSnags
01-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Toony,

I'll take the Hawkbat - please forward location via PM.:bandit:

Thanks,
Snags

bikerscout
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
If anyone else finds a hawkbat, plmk, he's the last fig I need to complete my collection. And now that HTS removed him from the site and is unavailable indefinitely it doesn't help matters.
thanks

mark2d2
01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Anybody find the walmart JAWAS OF DOOM two pack with Boba and the Droid?

darkagent
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Went to Target today and found a weird SW case assortment. It looked like a mix between Wave 5 and 7.5. It was made up of Concept Bobas, Concept Starkillers, C3-PO, Tatoo Anakin, Hawkbat Troopers, Holo Vader and 7th Legion Troopers.

Any of you JLU collectors have an extra Volcana figure you'd like to trade for a Fire/Ice 3 pack. That's the only figure I need to complete my collection.

Edit: Found the case assortment on EE. It's Wave 8 Revision 1. Also comes with Animated Boba, Ewoks and Endor R2-D2 (which I also saw on the pegs).

mark2d2
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Toy R Us -- Los Feliz has the EVOLUTIONS packs out now. The have both SITH and CLONETROOPER packs. They also have a whole mess of Y-WINGS if anybody still wants one as well as the OBIWAN FIGHTER with THE RING. No figures of interest to speak of though.

figrin bran
01-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Went to Target today and found a weird SW case assortment. It looked like a mix between Wave 5 and 7.5. It was made up of Concept Bobas, Concept Starkillers, C3-PO, Tatoo Anakin, Hawkbat Troopers, Holo Vader and 7th Legion Troopers.

Any of you JLU collectors have an extra Volcana figure you'd like to trade for a Fire/Ice 3 pack. That's the only figure I need to complete my collection.

I had an extra Volcana pack a few months back but traded it for Barda/Deadshot.

Luuuuuuke
01-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Got Ultimate Bumblebee for $49 at Pico Rivera Wal-Mart this evening. It was a return, but it was perfectly intact. For my daughter.

They and Baldwin Park Wal-Mart don't have much new. None of the new WM comic packs in sight.

Jango Speck
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Grabbed the Target Hawkback stash- thanks Commtech!

Commtech
01-11-2008, 11:34 AM
If anyone finds a clearanced Cobra Legions pack (or any Joe 25th ann. 5 pack) at $6.48, can you please stash it or pick up for me? Thanks!

BlueSnags
01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Grabbed the Target Hawkback stash- thanks Commtech!

:cry:

-Snags

Commtech
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
:cry:

-Snags

Hey, I got you another one. You can change that crying face to a happy one.:D

PM me to meet at Chef Boyardee's headquarters.

Jango Speck
01-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Went to Chef Boyardee TRU today, and actually saw him climb out of his beat up pickup truck. Anyway, this morning must have been good, because at 2pm I found loads of Padmes, Droidekas, Wofman Jedi, and one Clone in Training outfit. No sign of Jangos or McClammies. Lots of F.U. lightsabers.

darkagent
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Have any of you who ordered Wave 8 from NFC, received them yet?

Maradona
01-11-2008, 08:57 PM

I'm still waiting...

Jango Speck
01-11-2008, 09:01 PM

No. I missed the first batch, and they have no word on when/if they'll get more in. I've started buying at retail and HTS, so if I finish the wave that way, I'll cancel my pre-order. Frustrating isn't it- I pre-ordered the first day this wave was available at NFC. Last year I quit using EE, and this year, I think I'm quitting all pre-orders completely.

Tycho
01-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Radio Shack had the Master Replicas Build Your Own Lightsaber Kit in stock tonight.

I reviewed it (non-purchased as of yet) in the MR section. I'm on the fence about this product at the moment.

K M Toydarian
01-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Picked up a clearance Clone Wars Arc today at NOHO Target. Some clearance toys went 75% off at a lot of Targets. I was hoping to get an R2 laptop for my Nephew, but they were gone. Arcs and ATAP are 30% off. They had a ton of ATAP and about 12 more Arcs.
Burbank was pretty much wiped out on clearance, so I bought a cheap hose connector and doormat instead.:thumbsup:
Almost bought a toy that has little plastic connectors that you use to make structures out of playing cards. It said "use your own cards too" so I thought it would be a good use for all the Star Wars trading cards I have lying around.
EDIT: Oh yeah, Los Feliz TRU and NoHo Target both had Force Unleashed Sabers. They look a little weird next to everything else. I am sure when other F.U. Product is released they will seem a little more Star Wars-y.

Cataclizm1
01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Torrance Walmart: Nothing good.
Target Manhattan beach: Mighty mug Han and chewie. I just don't get the appeal of these. Also I found an Ultimate Bumblebee (Was $89 at xmas) on clearance for $19. It is mine now. :D
Target redondo beach: Nothing good.
City of Hawthorne TRU: Old stuff.

Anyone seeing the Marvel Legends Marvel Girl variant anymore? She has black skin. Man it would sure make my day if somebody stashed / bought one for me!

Maradona
01-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Picked up a clearance Clone Wars Arc today at NOHO Target. Some clearance toys went 75% off at a lot of Targets. I was hoping to get an R2 laptop for my Nephew, but they were gone. Arcs and ATAP are 30% off.

Target Pasadena (Colorado & Madre) had the R2 laptops last night. I didn't check to see how much they were, though. They also had about 5 ARCs and 3 AT-RT packs. Both were down to $20. I picked up their last Tie Bomber for $17.

Target Pasadena (Lake) had 6-7 ARCs left also at $20. I picked up a Tie Bomber with the figure missing at an additional 10% off.

Target Duarte had nothing much at all, except for what looked like an Episode III Lego ARC fighter. I don't collect the Lego, so I might be wrong, but the packaging was the lava splash that adorned most Ep. III items. It had no price sticker on it.

Turbowars
01-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi guys, I'm in need of a few Stormtooper Mighty Mugs. Please stash:thumbsup:

darkagent
01-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Didn't find any new SW today. Didn't find any Target Clearance items.

However, I did see the remnants of the Superman/Flash/Martain Manhunter wave at TRU. They had everyone else on the pegs but those 3, slightly after opening today. Makes me wonder if they ever made it to the pegs. :bandit:

toonimator
01-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Arcs and ATAP are 30% off. They had a ton of ATAP and about 12 more Arcs.
I assume you mean AT-RT... AT-AP isn't out yet and probably will never be clearanced :p

However, I did see the remnants of the Superman/Flash/Martain Manhunter wave at TRU.
Wave of what? DC Universe? The Batman? I'm a bit behind on what's coming up in the various DC lines :)

darkagent
01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Wave of what? DC Universe? The Batman? I'm a bit behind on what's coming up in the various DC lines :)

Sorry, it was "The Batman" series.

K M Toydarian
01-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I assume you mean AT-RT... AT-AP isn't out yet and probably will never be clearanced :p

OOPS. That's what I meant camo ATRT battlepack. By the number of them around, they might go down again too.

bikerscout
01-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Maradona, Glendale gall. Target has about a dozen Tie Bombers on clearance (17.48) They also had ARC-170s on clearance also - multiple.

my other runs: Monrovia TRU (w/Darth Anton) - TFU sabers, remnants of wave 7 & nothing good.

sierra madre Target: nothing good, no clearance really

Lake Target: same - (i saw a Red Ninja in a putback cart, there's a good chance, he'll still be there unless he gets repegged -this was @ 4p roughly)

Eagle Rock Target: ton of wv.7 R2s, one 7th legion brown clone (I picked up), didnt see sw clearance off hand

Los Feliz TRU - nothing great, wave 7 scraps, few padmes i think

Still looking for a hawkbat and a mcrebel -then the circle will be complete. Plmk. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commtech
01-12-2008, 09:34 PM

A few? I wish I could find ONE for myself! These are kinda tough to find right now.:sad:

Turbowars
01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
A few? I wish I could find ONE for myself! These are kinda tough to find right now.:sad:They aren't all for me, I want a few for a couple friends. :thumbsup:

Jango Speck
01-12-2008, 11:13 PM
They aren't all for me, I want a few for a couple friends. :thumbsup:

That's what Plumber Bob used to say. :D

figrin bran
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM

Turbo, I'll stash for you but have yet to find a single MM Stormie yet.

I just found Hal Jordan and Hawkman from The Batman Shadowtek line and now it looks like I have to find Supes, Flash, Martian Manhunter.

BlueSnags
01-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Scored all three Walmart Comic Packs today. The Keller/Marine pack is really cool, but I think the "Jawas of Doom" Boba and Death Star Droid is my favorite for sentimental reasons.

-Snags

Maradona
01-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Maradona, Glendale gall. Target has about a dozen Tie Bombers on clearance (17.48) They also had ARC-170s on clearance also - multiple.

Thanks! I've just come back from quite a journey in search of Target clearances:

San Dimas: had a couple of ARCs and 2 Starkillers hanging on the pegs along with a variety of olders figs.

Upland: nothing new or on clearance

Rancho Cucamonga (off of the 15): nothing at all, but I did get a $59.99 coat for $14.99 - I figured I had to bring back something from the 909 area code:razz:

Diamond Bar: literally had nothing - no action figure section, they must have moved things for a reset

Puente Hills: nothing of interest in SW, but I found a JLU Blue Devil and stashed it if anyone is interested

East Los Angeles: had several Tie Bombers and ARCs both at 30% off

Squeezed in between the Targets, I looked in several WMs, but no exclusive comic 3-packs as far as the eye could see

metaljedi
01-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Upland: nothing new or on clearance

Rancho Cucamonga (off of the 15): nothing at all, but I did get a $59.99 coat for $14.99 - I figured I had to bring back something from the 909 area code:razz:

There isn't usually anything at these two Targets due to the F&S crowd.

Cataclizm1
01-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Culver City Target had 4 ARC clone wars ships on clearance for $20. They also had a bunch of dumb bobble-heads.

Maradona
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I was able to find all 3 WM packs this morning. There are still about 6 Boba/Droid packs left, but none of the rest are left. This WM even had remnants of the WM exclusive Saga wave from 2006, so I got another purple R2 to go with the purple RA-7 from the comic pack. It's a lengthy drive, but if you're will to go out there, PM me for location.

Jango Speck
01-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Found loads of the most recent "Cars" cars at Burbank KB today (11am). Race Official Tom, Pit Crew Guido, Fred, Cartrip, Pitcrew Filmore and Doc Hudson. They're $3 each. By the way, the guy at the register today is a dweeb.

stillakid
01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
They're $3 each. By the way, the guy at the register today is a dweeb.

How much does he cost?

BlueSnags
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Found loads of the most recent "Cars" cars at Burbank KB today (11am). By the way, the guy at the register today is a dweeb.

Yup - that's Chubby13's lackey boy.

-Snags

Commtech
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
LOL! :Dlol:D

bikerscout
01-14-2008, 08:26 AM
i may be wrong, but i read somewhere that MM Stormtrooper is wave 2 and won't come out till july. So that's a ways away

Maradona
01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
i may be wrong, but i read somewhere that MM Stormtrooper is wave 2 and won't come out till july. So that's a ways away

It is out. I picked one up at La Cienaga Target last Sunday.

Frank Footer
01-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Glendale Target 8AM -- 4x McSolo (!), 1x McVader and a pile of Wave 7. If it was early November, I'd say hallelujah!

Figrin, were you looking for the JLA 3-pack with Martian Manhunter --? I wasn't sure, so I stashed it just in case.

BlueSnags
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Pink Snags picked me up a clearanced Galactic Heroes Jabba's Palace today for $13. This was at Smeagol Rock Target.

-Snags

Luuuuuuke
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Found a buttload of the WM comic packs at Baldwin Park Wal-Mart today. Got all three and some for a friend. There were still plenty of Keller and Boba packs when I left, but there were never many of the Twins sets to begin with, maybe 4 or 5.

Today is supposed to be a release date for them, or so a friend told me.

MicroJow
01-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Stashed a McHan at a central Valley Target. PM me if interested!

Meanwhile, I picked up a lone Fett / RA pack in Panorama City today. Ugh. That place is quite the hellhole, eh?

- Joe

figrin bran
01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
The extra McRebel that I ordered from HTS arrived and amazingly enough was in MOC condition! no creases or bends whatsoever.

Frank Footer, unfortunately, the Martian Manhunter pack wasn't the one I'm looking for (Fire/Ice/Green Lantern, actually) but thank you for stashing and keeping an eye out.

Jango Speck
01-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Dangit! I ordered on 12/31 at 11:30am and my stuff from HTS still hasn't arrived.

stillakid
01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Dangit! I ordered on 12/31 at 11:30am and my stuff from HTS still hasn't arrived.

I just got two boxes of orders delivered today. :)

CrunchyNug
01-15-2008, 01:02 AM
I got 2 boxes today also. One of them contained a crushed McClammie...but at least it wasn't this...

FU HTS (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/HTS.jpg)

Sorry, but who packed this one???

K M Toydarian
01-15-2008, 01:21 AM
I got 2 boxes today also. One of them contained a crushed McClammie...but at least it wasn't this...

FU HTS (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/crunchynug/HTS.jpg)

Actually, I think that was one of Ralph's REALLY early designs for the character, but Lucas went in a different direction.:D

plasticfetish
01-15-2008, 01:26 AM

Officer Spud.... hahahahahahahahaha!!! (Whew. I almost threw-up from laughing so hard.)

BlueSnags
01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Is that the chase variant Officer Spud with white whistle? How much do you want for it?

-Snags

CrunchyNug
01-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Is that the chase variant Officer Spud with white whistle? How much do you want for it?

-Snags

I'm sending it off to AFA in the morning. I'll let you know a price when I get it back 2 months from now.

bikerscout
01-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Mcquarrie spudtrooper! holy s^&%!! u should put that up on ebay!!

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Thats awesome. You do know you willprobably not get a McRebel in its place. Man I would be so pi55ed at them.

Frank Footer
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Frank Footer, unfortunately, the Martian Manhunter pack wasn't the one I'm looking for (Fire/Ice/Green Lantern, actually) but thank you for stashing and keeping an eye out.

No prob, man! I'll keep lookin'.
:yes:

Jango Speck
01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Burbank Target had loads of Spirit Anakin wave, full pegs of GI Joe figures/multi packs, Mighty Mugs, Indy Legos and Cars cars. Too bad I don't need/want any of this stuff. Where's wave 8?

BlueSnags
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Based on Speck's post, I hit Burbank Target around 9:30. Scored the Mighty Muggs I was missing and the GI Joe recard wave. I got there just in time as none other than HEADPHONES arrived on the scene as I was leaving. Most likely he's reading our posts since he was heading straight for the SW and GI Joe sections with a purpose.

-Snags

Commtech
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Where the Joe recards at Burbank Target the ones that came earlier in the 5 pack, aka wave 4?

BlueSnags
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Where the Joe recards at Burbank Target the ones that came earlier in the 5 pack, aka wave 4?

Yup. They had multiples of each figure, but they may be gone now since Headphones probably grabbed them up. I stashed a Cobra Air Trooper, a Destro and a Duke from that wave - PM if you need 'em.

Jango Speck
01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Enabling stealth mode from here on out... :bandit:

Commtech
01-15-2008, 02:20 PM
pm sent Snags! :D

Jango Speck
01-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Got my HTS box today- and what a miracle, nothing was damaged. There were four figures on top of three boxes of Hasbro cases, and no bubble packs- yet the figures never got turned upside down or smashed. I'm speechless, and now need one more McRebel to complete this wave.

Commtech
01-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Guys:

I feel we should make thanks public whenever someone stashes something for you. Haven't seen that posted a lot lately although stashes are claimed and thanks are being given via pm. Still, making it public (at least in my opinion) shows even more gratitude among our small community.

That said, I want to thank Snags for today's GI Joe stash!!:thumbsup:

Turbowars
01-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Wish I could be thanking someone for a Mighty Mugg Stormy stash, but someone didn't stash it this morning at the Burbank Target.

Jango Speck
01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I'll try and stash the next time. Sorry Turbo.

Turbowars
01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I have to crack that whip sometimes:whip::thumbsup:

darkagent
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Stopped by Crenshaw WM today and found the exclusive Comic 2 packs. They had quite a few Commander Kellers and Boba Fetts, but only one Obi Wan. I hear that the Obi Wans are short packed. Can anyone confirm the case ratio.

K M Toydarian
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Why oh Why is the twins comic pack a Wal-Mart exclusive again? Went to 2 Valencia area Wal-Marts and no sign of the exclusives, or anything of interest Star Wars. No Mighty Muggs Stormie or Maul for me either.
Did get a Clone Wars Ultra titanium Gunship from Van Nuys TRU for 5 bucks though. Last one, but they had a few Tie's left.

BlueSnags
01-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Stopped by Crenshaw WM today and found the exclusive Comic 2 packs. They had quite a few Commander Kellers and Boba Fetts, but only one Obi Wan. I hear that the Obi Wans are short packed. Can anyone confirm the case ratio.

Case Ratio:
4x Keller/Marine
3x Boba/RA-7
1x Twins

Confirmed by Snags.:bandit:

-Snags

Turbowars
01-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah the stupid twin set is short packed. It's 4:3:1

BlueSnags
01-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Scored a LEGO TIE Crawler for $12.48 from Burbank Target tonight.

-Snags

metaljedi
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah the stupid twin set is short packed. It's 4:3:1

I think there is supposed to be a revision case with the Twins going up to 2 per case.

Turbowars
01-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Scored a LEGO TIE Crawler for $12.48 from Burbank Target tonight.

-SnagsBuilding a fleet?:yes:

BlueSnags
01-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Building a fleet?:yes:

Hell yeah dude!:laugh::whip:

-Snags

Jango Speck
01-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I've got an extra Naboo Soldier and McVader- anyone interested?

Jango Speck
01-16-2008, 04:49 AM
NFC will be shipping my wave 8/9 case later this week. Now that I have everything from HTS.com, I'm looking to unload this case- except for the lone McRebel. No more case orders for me...I hate these pegwarming ratios.

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
My HTS order from last month also arrived, and my McReb also was MOC, weird. My Jango had a flaw though, the sewing on the poncho right sleeve was way off.

Commtech
01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Nothing good today at Burbank Target. Yesterday's stash of Ultrahumanite and Darkseid 3 packs is still there if anyone's interested.

figrin bran
01-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Nothing good today at Burbank Target. Yesterday's stash of Ultrahumanite and Darkseid 3 packs is still there if anyone's interested.

You didn't mention the Darkseid/Mr. Miracle/Orion pack! I'll take the stash in that case.

Commtech
01-17-2008, 10:28 PM
You didn't mention the Darkseid/Mr. Miracle/Orion pack! I'll take the stash in that case.

They are at the same location I sent you.

CrunchyNug
01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I've got a Cobra Air Trooper stashed if anyone's into it...

Jango Speck
01-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed, but HTS.com has the Legends Green AOTC Clone Trooper Officer up for sale- IN STOCK. I don't remember seeing him in stock before now.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=2&BR=495&SBR=78&ST=SO&ID=20731&PG=2

Commtech
01-18-2008, 01:05 AM
A friend scored for me 2 Target AT-STs at $7.49 each at the De Soto and Ventura Blvd. Target (Don't know what city that is).

(Sorry, I meant 2 AT-RT 2 packs.)

stillakid
01-18-2008, 01:26 AM
A friend scored for me 2 Target AT-STs at $7.49 each at the De Soto and Ventura Blvd. Target (Don't know what city that is).

Woodland Hills. :)

Commtech
01-18-2008, 02:12 AM
Woodland Hills. :)

Thanks.:thumbsup:

gambitguru
01-18-2008, 03:30 AM
crunchy you have a pm

Commtech
01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
stashed 2 Hawbat Clones and a Starkiller Hero. Pm me for location.

UPDATE: STASH CLAIMED

bikerscout
01-18-2008, 11:33 AM

lego? from the ultimate BPs? Titanium? as far as I know they're not being sold alone in 3.75"

Commtech
01-18-2008, 11:34 AM
lego? from the ultimate BPs? Titanium? as far as I know they're not being sold alone in 3.75"

Sorry, I meant the AT-RTs 2 packs.

CrunchyNug
01-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks to Commtech for the stash this morning. Got it on my way to work.

Commtech
01-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Found ARC 170s at $7.48 & Tie Bombers at $6.24 at Woodland Hills Target. WOOOOT!!!:D There were several if anyone wants to make the trip, but they might be gone by now.

Also, got a Def Leppard signatures series electric guitar 75% off ($49.75) at Sepulveda Target that'll go to my teenage cousin. Guitar Hero motivated her into playing real guitar.:thumbsup:

Tycho
01-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Sweet! I love Def Leppard!

"Rock of Ages" was my first 45 on vinyl. Remember those? I played it with my Fischer-Price record player. I was so cool.

BlueSnags
01-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Looks like North Hollywood Target marked their SW clearance stuff down to 50% and it is ALL gone (including a crapload of AT-RT BPs and ARC-170 ships that were there a few days ago). I stashed 2 AT-RT BPs last week - one was still there, so I scored one for $15. Uncovered someone's GI Joe Cobra Legions 5-pack stash (the 1st version w/the Baroness) and picked it up for $6.24.:laugh:

Saw Jackie Chan arriving there as I was leaving. That silly little bastard was too little... too late. Snags wins again.

-Snags

Commtech
01-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Saw Jackie Chan arriving there as I was leaving. That silly little bastard was too little... too late. Snags wins again.

-Snags

LOL!! :thumbsup:

Cataclizm1
01-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Found ARC 170s at $7.48 & Tie Bombers at $6.24 at Woodland Hills Target. WOOOOT!!!:D There were several if anyone wants to make the trip, but they might be gone by now.
:shocked: Wantie!

Commtech
01-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Nothing new today at Burbank Target. Jackie Chan was there and said he was going to hit a bunch of Targets looking for clearances. LOL! Good Luck!

darkagent
01-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Didn't find any new SW today. Went to a few Targets looking for clearance items, but only found Arcs and AT-RTs at $15-$20. Did get lucky at TRU and managed to pick up "The Batman" Martain Manhunter, Flash and Superman.

Jango Speck
01-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Burbank TRU must have had wave 8 today because I was just there and found a few Jango's and Clone In Training figs that weren't there yesterday.

I'm still looking for McRebel if anyone has an extra or makes a stash...

figrin bran
01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Didn't find any new SW today. Went to a few Targets looking for clearance items, but only found Arcs and AT-RTs at $15-$20. Did get lucky at TRU and managed to pick up "The Batman" Martain Manhunter, Flash and Superman.

At a TRU today, I saw what were probably the remnants of that The Batman assortment so it was probably you that got them?

Public thank you's go to Commtech for the Justice League stash and to Frank Footer for the UGH McFett. :thumbsup:

the only thing new I picked up today was a Cars Dinoco Mia/Tia and a Titanium AT-OT. Glendale had a Titanium Saesee Tinn JSF but I didn't want to pay $6.49 for it.

BlueSnags
01-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Picked up a clearanced GI Cobra Legion pack (Version#2 w/Airborne Trooper) for $6.24 at Smeagol Rock Target today, along with 2 more $12.48 LEGO TIE Crawlers.

-Snags

darkagent
01-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Picked up a clearanced GI Cobra Legion pack (Version#2 w/Airborne Trooper) for $6.24 at Smeagol Rock Target today, along with 2 more $12.48 LEGO TIE Crawlers.

-Snags

Wow, that's a good find. I was there at opening today and didn't see it. Someone must have returned it later on.

Commtech
01-20-2008, 02:02 AM
Wow, that's a good find. I was there at opening today and didn't see it. Someone must have returned it later on.

I believe target waits until the next day to put back returns on the floor.;)

A friend got me the 3 newest comic packs with Obi, Bail and the babies. I don't really collect the comic packs but this wave is awesome; the clones and even the Fett repaint is great.

Tycho
01-20-2008, 03:19 AM
I went to Toys R Us today, just for the heck of it.

I saw a little kid asking his mom to buy him the comic 2-packs. They had a wide selection. He chose:

Quinlan Vos and Villie
Koffi Aranu and Baltar Swan

I have my doubts if he knew who the characters were - but the pack includes the comic. In any event, he thought the figures looked cool.

He had a choice of most of the characters they offer in the 2-packs including the main guys in the Marvel style.

bikerscout
01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
everyone took a day off for the holiday I guess. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
01-21-2008, 10:50 PM
everyone took a day off for the holiday I guess. :rolleyes:

I had to work today!

Tycho, that's a great story about the kid choosing Quinlan and Bultar Swan. When I was a kid, I tended to prefer background characters/aliens/droids when picking SW figures.

toonimator
01-22-2008, 04:36 AM
I was at Burbank Target in the afternoon, and there was a Fel/Hobbie set on the front of the pegs. Mostly kids roaming the aisles, and before I left I noticed that particular set was gone, so another nice sign that EU's doing ok. Only a couple Anakin/Assassin Droids and a crapload of the Marvel packs left.

They had AOTC Padme, not a very good one, but at least they're getting 'em now. Still tons of Endor R2s left.

Tycho
01-22-2008, 05:10 AM
My Toys R Us had about 6 AOTC Padmes. They were fair. I glanced them over to see if any were better than the one I already had. I didn't have the patience at the moment to really work with it though.

But I wonder if her being there lended credit to Hasbro's theory that female characters, especially non-action ones, don't sell. I hope not.

They also had 2 Voolif Monns, or whatever his name is.

I think there were several Destroyer Droids, too.

That was it so far as carded basic figures. Their Saga Legends all sold out!

But anyway, as far as Wave 8 goes, it also could be testimony that Jango and the Clone, plus the Concept Rebel Trooper are all just popular figures.

I don't hunt regularly for over a month now, so I don't know how long Padme had been there.

Commtech
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Went back this morning to Woodland Hills Target to pick up another clearanced Def Leppard guitar for a friend. I decided to check the toys clearance section (amazingly they still have one) and was surprised to find an Endor Ultimate Battlepack at $12.50 (75% off)!! That wasn't there a few days ago, so it was either a return or some employee uncovered someone's stash and moved it to where it belongs.

Tycho
01-22-2008, 07:18 PM
That's a big product to stash! :crazed: