PDA

View Full Version : L.A. area Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

BlueSnags
03-23-2008, 03:51 AM
Are you hitting wallyworld in the morning or late at night?

Been going in the morning. I'm an early riser.

-Snags

Jango Speck
03-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Anyone have any extra Rex mail-away forms? I have plenty of UPC's but no forms.

bikerscout
03-23-2008, 04:39 AM
i have no rex forms or UPCs. I'm waiting to get stuff I need, not crappy bds and pit droids, vaders, yodas, chewies.
Bluesnags qualifies as a top pro collector. The rest of us who hunt occasionally won't see sl wv 5 for weeks.

Turbowars
03-23-2008, 11:17 AM
i have no rex forms or UPCs. I'm waiting to get stuff I need, not crappy bds and pit droids, vaders, yodas, chewies.
Bluesnags qualifies as a top pro collector. The rest of us who hunt occasionally won't see sl wv 5 for weeks.
LOL, look Snags they all love you. There should be a SSG Snags Award and the ceremony should be held at the SDCC. Sponsored by Speck and Crunchy.

BlueSnags
03-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Anyone have any extra Rex mail-away forms? I have plenty of UPC's but no forms.

I've got some forms if you need 'em.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
03-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Stopped by Walmart today - ended up with this haul:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Redemption005.jpg

-Snags:laugh:
I hope you're planning on sharing some of those. :(

Commtech
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I hope you're planning on sharing some of those. :(

Bet you won't get a reply on that! :yes::(

Jango Speck
03-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I've got some forms if you need 'em.

-Snags

Great, let's meet up.

bikerscout
03-23-2008, 06:03 PM
I detect a little jealousy from TW. Did you ever get that Snow Job??

Turbowars
03-23-2008, 07:01 PM
I detect a little jealousy from TW. Did you ever get that Snow Job??
Jealousy? Not me dude. Snags is a good friend of mine and I Love giving he crap about how he's the SSG Rock Star! I truly think you all look up to him. It's not a bad thing, just messing around. If I would had known he hand that many Black Holes I would had taken 1/2 of them from his pad last night!:yes:

No, haven't meet anyone yet for a Blow.... Oh I mean no on the Snow Job.

Commtech
03-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Jealousy? Not me dude. Snags is a good friend of mine and I Love giving he crap about how he's the SSG Rock Star!

Rock Star?! Hope you don't mean like the GG staff! :D

Turbowars
03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Rock Star?! Hope you don't mean like the GG staff! :DOH yes, just like a GG ROCKSTAR!!!:whip:

BlueSnags
03-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I finally got hired by GG! Now I can give up my Frank and Sons booth.

-Snags

Commtech
03-23-2008, 09:28 PM

-Snags

Oh man! Just when I was about to ask you if you wanted to be partners with me and set up a collectibles shop at Burbank Media to destroy Chubby13's empire!:lipsrsealed:

figrin bran
03-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh man! Just when I was about to ask you if you wanted to be partners with me and set up a collectibles shop at Burbank Media to destroy Chubby13's empire!:lipsrsealed:

Count me in Commtech! And then our next efforts should be to set up shop next to Hello Kitty Lady.

BlueSnags
03-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Count me in Commtech! And then our next efforts should be to set up shop next to Hello Kitty Lady.

Wipe them out. All of them.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
03-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I found another Shadow Guard today at Torrance Walmart. The two should look good next to the Emporer. Some scalper lookin dude grabbed the rest before I could. This walmart STILL hasn't gotten any Iron man stuff. Can someone stash me a War Machine walmart exclusive Iron man? I'm on my hands and knees begging here people!

toonimator
03-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Burbank Target got in a case of TFU this morning. I picked up Rahm, Juno, Maris, and the Evo Stormie, Commtech got the Guard and Jump Trooper. Vader was stashed, I think. No sign of Iron Man OR the SW endcap with Aayla's Starfighter. They might be waiting for whatever spring reset hits in a few weeks (unless Order 66 is just its own mini-reset thing).

Still just a bunch of Marvel Repaint comic packs (barely more'n a peg's worth, plenty of room for more so their computers SHOULD be ordering more... same with GIJoe Comic Packs, a peg of Hawk/Scarlett and that's all it's been for weeks)

MicroJow
03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Picked up the 2 TFU Troopers at Target this morning. Hurrah!

Also picked up the Target-exclusive IRON MAN. Got one for me and one up for grabs if anyone wants it. I'd love to trade it for the Walmart exclusive.

I also stashed a third Target IRON MAN exclusive so if you want to go grab it yourself, send me a PM! I know the paint job on the stashed one is decent but I don't recall the quality of the card.

- Joe

bikerscout
03-24-2008, 05:38 PM

-Snags

hope he's jokin about that one :p

Commtech
03-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Scored the Sigma 6 paratrooper Snake Eyes at a West Hollywood ROSS for $9.99. And to think a year ago that thing was going for close to $100.:yes:

BlueSnags
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Jedi-Con Convention Exclusive Shadow Trooper 2-Pack is up at SWS if anyone is interested:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1218810;category_id=336;pci d1=;pcid2=

-Snags

bikerscout
03-24-2008, 11:11 PM
~$27 w/ S&H and tax. no thanks.

stillakid
03-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Jedi-Con Convention Exclusive Shadow Trooper 2-Pack is up at SWS if anyone is interested:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1218810;category_id=336;pci d1=;pcid2=

-Snags

Just ordered! Thanks!!! :yes:

toonimator
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Bunch of returned older Joes at Burbank Target. Buzzer, Red Ninja, Serpentor, Stalker (latest version). Headphones was there yesterday returning 2 bags of stuff so that might explain it. Picked up the fixed-crotch Stalker, like it a LOT more than the 5-pack version. I hope the hip joints stay pretty tight. Nada for SW.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Saw about 4 or 5 cases of FU and a bunch of cases of wave 1 08 at ghetto walmart LBC. The pegs were literally packed to the tips along with about 10 each of all the comic packs known to man. It was really weird to see the pegs all nice and stocked and with new merchandise, even though I didn't want any of it. I'm sure someone will have a hayday there:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Received my HTS.com AT-APs today. Very nice!

Commtech
03-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Saw about 4 or 5 cases of FU and a bunch of cases of wave 1 08 at ghetto walmart LBC. The pegs were literally packed to the tips along with about 10 each of all the comic packs known to man. It was really weird to see the pegs all nice and stocked and with new merchandise, even though I didn't want any of it. I'm sure someone will have a hayday there:thumbsup:

No stashing for your buddies here at SSG?:sad:

Commtech
03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Bunch of returned older Joes at Burbank Target. Buzzer, Red Ninja, Serpentor, Stalker (latest version). Headphones was there yesterday returning 2 bags of stuff so that might explain it. Picked up the fixed-crotch Stalker, like it a LOT more than the 5-pack version. I hope the hip joints stay pretty tight. Nada for SW.

I don't think Stalker came in the 5 pack, Toon .. or did it?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2008, 04:54 PM
No stashing for your buddies here at SSG?:sad:

I would but I doubt any of you guys would want to travel all the way to Long Beach! If you do, then hell, I have no problems stashing at all. :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
North Hollywood Target put out the exclusive endcap today - Aayla Starfighters, Kashyyyk BPs and both Galactic Heroes sets are there if anyone is sick of waiting for Burbank Target.

-Snags

wampaslayr
03-25-2008, 06:42 PM
North Hollywood Target put out the exclusive endcap today - Aayla Starfighters, Kashyyyk BPs and both Galactic Heroes sets are there if anyone is sick of waiting for Burbank Target.

-Snags

Valencia Target has the SW exclusive endcap as well plus an end cap with Iron Man figures if anyone is interested.

Funny Money
03-25-2008, 08:37 PM
LATE Post!
TRU La Cienega, I stashed an Iron Monger and Iron Man Mark I,.. the cards were a bit rolled at the top. It looked like they may have been a stash that had been found and placed back on the pegs (since NO other I.M. figs were there). The stash is not the best I've done. They were there at 4:45pm this evening. PM me for a location

Maradona
03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Alhambra TRU has at least a dozen SA 501st Troopers...and that's after I picked up a squad of 5.

Wouldn't it be nice if TRU believed in Target style clearances and could get rid of their grossly over priced Bantha sets and Hyperspace Rings?

bikerscout
03-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Alhambra TRU has at least a dozen SA 501st Troopers...and that's after I picked up a squad of 5.

Wouldn't it be nice if TRU believed in Target style clearances and could get rid of their grossly over priced Bantha sets and Hyperspace Rings?

it'd be nice if tru got rid of the ridiculous glut of SL!!!!!!! They comprise all of SW figure stock in I'd say 90% of LA stores!!! arrggggghghhh!!!!!

Commtech
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
I would but I doubt any of you guys would want to travel all the way to Long Beach! If you do, then hell, I have no problems stashing at all. :thumbsup:

Aaaaah... nevermind... thanks though!

Jango Speck
03-26-2008, 01:57 AM

-Snags

I grabbed a starfighter, but left the wookiee battle packs. Something tells me they'll hit clearance big time. No good figures, so I couldn't use my $5 off coupon.

Cataclizm1
03-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Target Redondo beach Galleria had some FU wave. I stashed a Evo trooper, jumptrooper, and shadow guard. PM for details.

URGENT URGENT URGENT: I still need a Walmart exclusive Iron Man (War Machine). Anyone still seeing them? STASH OR BUY ME IT PLEASE PLEASE.

edit: STASH HAS BEEN CLAIMED!

toonimator
03-26-2008, 02:26 PM
"still"? I think they'll be around for awhile, like the WM-exclusive Spideys & Venoms were last year. IM hasn't even hit a lot of stores yet!

Should be gettin my 501st today, as I got my Joe Breaker/Destro, CG/Scarface, and red sitting Pit Droids yesterday from HTS. Ordered separately, but same day.

MicroJow
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
In 'clizm's defense, Walmart has never really been all that great with their exclusives. For instance, I never once saw the Marvel Legends 2-packs on the shelf, never saw the Neyo speederbikes, never saw the Walmart exclusive Giant-Man wave of Marvel Legends past their initial release, etc. Seems if you miss 'em the first time around, you're out of luck.

The Spider-Man exclusives sat around because they were not in the same scale as the rest of the Marvel Legends and therefore less desireable.

- J

Cataclizm1
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
"still"? I think they'll be around for awhile, like the WM-exclusive Spideys & Venoms were last year. IM hasn't even hit a lot of stores yet!

Yeah I never saw those exclusives either. You've obviously never been to Torrance Walmart. The Supervisor there is a total brainless douche. Like I said the stocker flat out told me the Supervisor didn't order any cases of the exclusive Iron man. They never got the SW exclusive comic packs, neyo battle pack, TF exclusive starscream, movie deluxe exclusives, NEVER GOT ANY EXCLUSIVES. If you are seeing this exclusive iron man war machine so frequently be a kind soul and grab one for me, thanks.

Commtech
03-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Burbank target put out the new iron man figures. A lot of the Target exclusive iron men, but guess what?... No iron mongers or mark 1, which are the ones that come one per case. My guess is someone asked for the case days ago, took the "good ones" and by the time these were put out (today during the night), all we got were the regular IM's. Speck told me he saw the Iron monger figures at the mall, so I'm guessing all the Iron mongers from our Target are at Chubby13's shop.

I also think the Wal-mart exclusive IM will be a hard one to find. Once the movie comes out, everyone will be looking for these figures. Just remember what happened with the Transformers movie line, especially the Bumble Bees.

MicroJow
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
That's why I paid a guy from the Fwoosh board $20 for a Walmart exclusive IM. Costs him $5 to ship so it's not like he's making a bundle off it. Plus it saves me from having to go nuts looking for one.

PS: Thanks to Cataclizm for the stash! Brilliant hiding spot!

- J

Jango Speck
03-26-2008, 10:06 PM
EE shipped my wave 2 rev 2 case today! I can't believe they actually shipped it before I found them at retail!

figrin bran
03-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Regarding SW exclusives at WM, on last week's Q&A with the Big H, they basically admitted that not every WM will receive an allocation of the exclusives and that it's determined upon sales of SW at that store. Quite a nice catch 22 situation right there- they don't get in exclusives and so we don't shop there for SW and because their SW sales aren't very high, they don't get the exclusives in.

The new Order 66 packs have been found in other parts of the country (via DCPI). CrunchyNug and BlueSnags will report having them in hand very soon, no doubt.

BlueSnags
03-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Picked up all six Order 66 sets today at Target.

All the figures are pretty cool. I think the Anakin/Purple ARC Trooper and Tsui Choi/Yellow BARC Trooper sets are my favorites.

-Snags

figrin bran
03-27-2008, 01:14 AM
The new Order 66 packs have been found in other parts of the country (via DCPI). CrunchyNug and BlueSnags will report having them in hand very soon, no doubt.

and then right on cue...

All the figures are pretty cool. I think the Anakin/Purple ARC Trooper and Tsui Choi/Yellow BARC Trooper sets are my favorites.

-Snags

I only want the Tsui Choi set so I don't think I'll even bother trying to DCPI it.

Commtech
03-27-2008, 02:20 AM

-Snags

pics please!

update: Nevermind, I just saw pictures on ebay. Will be passing on those.

BlueSnags
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
pics please!

update: Nevermind, I just saw pictures on ebay. Will be passing on those.

I like 'em for the most part (the Luminara/AT-RT pack is kind of a dud). I'll most likely pick up multiples of most of them once they hit clearance.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
03-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Target manhattan beach: I just scored all three of the exclusive GI JOE 25th vehicles. Gave them the DPCI 087060918 and she had someone grab a case. I was flirting big time with the employee so that probably helped. I dunno if they have any more cases there.

Commtech
03-27-2008, 02:25 PM
I like 'em for the most part (the Luminara/AT-RT pack is kind of a dud). I'll most likely pick up multiples of most of them once they hit clearance.

-Snags

Oh don't get me wrong, they are kinda cool, but I'm cutting down on the buying a lot of stuff. Just buying what I like A LOT. If I do find them on clearance, I might get them though.

Target manhattan beach: I just scored all three of the exclusive GI JOE 25th vehicles. Gave them the DPCI 087060918 and she had someone grab a case. I was flirting big time with the employee so that probably helped. I dunno if they have any more cases there.

Using your "Jedi Master Casanova" mind tricks, huh?

darkagent
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM

I heard these were out in force, on the shelves in Pasadena today.

figrin bran
03-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I have the vintage SHARC but at only 9.99, I'll probably get the repaint as well as the HISS and AWE Striker.

JodyB
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Target Culver City put out 6 cases of Wave 2 Order 66 out this morning at 9:30am. Passed on them all... It's a really crappy set.

bikerscout
03-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Target Culver City put out 6 cases of Wave 2 Order 66 out this morning at 9:30am. Passed on them all... It's a really crappy set.

wonder how many are left now? I too have the vintage SHARC, one of the few joe vehicles I owned. It's beat up and I don't know where it is in my parents' basement. Along with the cobra mamba heli and the raven (blackbird) looking jet. Still got the OG boxes for em too.

Maradona
03-28-2008, 12:05 PM
For fans of GI Joe, the GI Joe film festival is tomorrow at the Echo Park Film Center. It starts at 8PM. The film center is near the corner of Alvarado and Sunset. Should be fun...

here's the site:

http://www.echoparkfilmcenter.org/

CrunchyNug
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I was lucky enough to stumble upon a case of Order 66 this morning. I really like this selection. There are some good army builders this time around. My favorite is the little Ducky Jedi dude Tsui Choi.:thumbsup:

Jango Speck
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Found Iron Monger at Burbank Target this morning. They also had a few others, but looks like I lucked out as there was only one IM. Is it just me or does the Tony Stark prototype figure look like *****?

Commtech
03-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Of course the only day I don't go to Burbank Target at opening and there's Iron Mongers and Dc Universe figures! Damn it!

darkagent
03-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Found Iron Monger at Burbank Target this morning. They also had a few others, but looks like I lucked out as there was only one IM. Is it just me or does the Tony Stark prototype figure look like *****?

Stashed a Mark 2 Iron Man at La Cienega Target, if anyone is interested. I actually like the Prototype IM. Not sure why it's called prototype though. It looks exactly like the Mark 3.

toonimator
03-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I picked up those DCU figures :D Manta, Aquaman, and Harley. Left Superman for now, but I'm sure I'll get him eventually.

I also took the sole IM Mark I... and you know what? Kinda crappy. I looked at the figure & the cardback & saw ball-hinge elbows & knees, and didn't look carefully... because of the way it's sculpted, the elbows have about as much range of movement as ROTS Chewie's, only the arms are straighter. The waist only turns a little bit due to the sculpting of the backplate, but I guess he doesn't need to swivel very much at the waist anyway. The knees don't bend much, but enough for a couple poses. If you turn 'em 90 degrees they bend more, which basically means you can prop one foot up on the other knee for a 'casual talk-show-interview' pose for Iron Man. I'm now thinking I should've just grabbed Iron Monger or the Mark II instead! (only 1 of each as well, BTW).

No new SW there. PLENTY of room for a couple TFU cases if they get 'em in. Only Buzzers and w1 packs on Joe pegs.

Side note: Hasbro is really bizarre with head-sculpts on packaging. Prototype IM's Tony-head on the actual toy looks like RDJ, but kinda 'plain', not a very detailed sculpt. The one on the cardback is more detailed but not as good a likeness. On their Spec Spidey toys, pretty much EVERY figure's head is wildly different on the cardback, not matching Cheeks' designs at all. Those, at least, don't make any sense whatsoever.

Commtech
03-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Stashed a Mark 2 Iron Man at La Cienega Target, if anyone is interested. I actually like the Prototype IM. Not sure why it's called prototype though. It looks exactly like the Mark 3.

You mean La Cienega TRU? I actually need the Mark 1 and Iron Monger. Thanks.

Commtech
03-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I picked up those DCU figures :D Manta, Aquaman, and Harley. Left Superman for now, but I'm sure I'll get him eventually.

What happened to the Firestorm? Was it there?

darkagent
03-28-2008, 03:34 PM
You mean La Cienega TRU? I actually need the Mark 1 and Iron Monger. Thanks.

Oh sorry, I meant the Target on Sepulveda and Rodeo.

JediTricks
03-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I have the vintage SHARC but at only 9.99, I'll probably get the repaint as well as the HISS and AWE Striker.I have the vintage SHARC, as well as the chrome repaint and the Cobra repaint, it's one of my favorites from back in the day. I dunno if I'll bother with this newest one though, just once too many times around the block, it needs an update, not a reissuing.

BlueSnags
03-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Big thanks to my buddy CrunchyNug for the JLU stash at Target - picked it up at lunch.

Managed to snag a second set of Order 66, too - another thanks to Nug for the tip.

-Snags

toonimator
03-28-2008, 05:15 PM
What happened to the Firestorm? Was it there?
Yep, classic version again.

Cataclizm1
03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
So far I only found Superman red and Firestorm. So if anyone spots the rest pleaze stash. Thanks.

Jango Speck
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
My Hasbro Play Rewards rebate has been processed. Sounds like I'll have $50 in the next week or two- hopefully I can build a FU army with it!

BlueSnags
03-28-2008, 10:26 PM
My Hasbro Play Rewards rebate has been processed. Sounds like I'll have $50 in the next week or two- hopefully I can build a FU army with it!

Cool man. I need to send my form in - guess I'd better hurry before it expires.

Also, heads up: My HasbroToyShop order (6 501st Troopers) showed up today and all six were the SA version.

Speck - do you still want those Captain Rex forms? I have a few extra.

-Snags

Jango Speck
03-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Cool man. I need to send my form in - guess I'd better hurry before it expires.

Also, heads up: My HasbroToyShop order (6 501st Troopers) showed up today and all six were the SA version.

Speck - do you still want those Captain Rex forms? I have a few extra.

-Snags

Someone on RS said they got the Tank Gunner mold today. I could use another Capt. Rex form Snags.

figrin bran
03-29-2008, 01:15 AM
I wasn't home to receive my HTS order so I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get the SA 501st but if not, no big deal as I've some Target Saga Legends receipts that I could return them with.

Jango Speck
03-29-2008, 01:26 AM
NoHo Target has Order 66 in the backroom, but won't bring them out. :cry:

Commtech
03-29-2008, 01:46 AM
NoHo Target has Order 66 in the backroom, but won't bring them out. :cry:

That's good, the longer they stay back there, the better your chances of getting them on clearance.

BlueSnags
03-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Someone on RS said they got the Tank Gunner mold today. I could use another Capt. Rex form Snags.

Let's meet up this weekend. I heard Chef Boyardee is sad that we haven't visited him lately.

-Snags

BlueSnags
03-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Stashed a Target Exclusive Iron Man and a JLU Fire & Ice pack at an LA Target today. PM for location.

-Snags

JodyB
03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
For you Transformer people I got the Premium Series Ironhide and Blackout today! They are awesome! I might be willing to let someone take them off my hands! :pleased:

Maradona
03-29-2008, 05:25 PM
As of 2:00PM there are 7 Exclusive Iron Men hanging on the pegs at a nearby Target. PM for location.

I picked up one for myself along with a Mark 1. Now I'm just missing Iron Monger and Titanium Man.

figrin bran
03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I stashed a Cobra Night Watch battlepack at Los Feliz TRU if anyone needs it.

BTW, the 2 501st Troopers I got from HTS were Tank Gunners!!! Come on HTS, what more do you want from me? I've ordered 7 Kashyyyk Troopers from you guys!!!

BlueSnags
03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Stashed a Target Exclusive Iron Man and a JLU Fire & Ice pack at an LA Target today. PM for location.

-Snags

Stash has been claimed.

-Snags

toonimator
03-29-2008, 09:17 PM
My 501st showed up yesterday... Gunner. And I ordered after Snags :cry:

Ah well. Eventually Burbank will move through their "officer" pile and some new Legends will show up... including ol' SA 501st.

Commtech
03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
You guys should try TRU for the super art. 501st. Every time I'm there, there's at least a couple but I never cared for those. Next time I'll stash now that I know so many of you need them. I'll be glad to stop by and say hi to Chef Boyardee. It's just like saying hi to any of your childhood favorite characters (Mickey, Donald, Santa, etc.).

BlueSnags
03-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I'll be glad to stop by and say hi to Chef Boyardee. It's just like saying hi to any of your childhood favorite characters (Mickey, Donald, Santa, etc.).

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

-Snags

JodyB
03-30-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll be glad to stop by and say hi to Chef Boyardee. It's just like saying hi to any of your childhood favorite characters (Mickey, Donald, Santa, etc.).

He closed the store 20 minutes before 9pm tonight!! We snuck in through the exit door and he got all upset! So we asked why the doors were all sealed up and he said that they were understaffed and needed to clean the store up! Must be really cush working for the Chef getting all the nice Stuff off the truck... closing the store early...

Jango Speck
03-30-2008, 12:49 AM
For those of you familiar with Hello Kitty Lady, here's a couple pictures I took of her shop today. Notice that they've moved to Circle K. When I inquired at the Circle K, the clerk who barely spoke English asked me to write down my name and phone number so that the Kitty Store could call me. Apparently, they are holding impromptu merchandise sales inside the Circle K- how bizarre! I didn't have time to wait around, and the clerk was annoying me with his lack of good customer service.

BlueSnags
03-30-2008, 03:16 AM
He closed the store 20 minutes before 9pm tonight!! We snuck in through the exit door and he got all upset! So we asked why the doors were all sealed up and he said that they were understaffed and needed to clean the store up! Must be really cush working for the Chef getting all the nice Stuff off the truck... closing the store early...

Sounds like the Chef couldn't even wait until the store was closed to start raiding those pallets. Hopefully there's enough for him, Dazed & Confused and Wormser to all get their share.

-Snags

Jango Speck
03-30-2008, 03:56 AM
I overheard Forrest Gump tell a customer that they should go downstairs to StarAnime (aka Chubby13), to find what they were looking for. I wanted to scream.

Commtech
03-30-2008, 04:58 AM
For those of you familiar with Hello Kitty Lady, here's a couple pictures I took of her shop today. Notice that they've moved to Circle K. When I inquired at the Circle K, the clerk who barely spoke English asked me to write down my name and phone number so that the Kitty Store could call me. Apparently, they are holding impromptu merchandise sales inside the Circle K- how bizarre! I didn't have time to wait around, and the clerk was annoying me with his lack of good customer service.

Seems like the Kitty lady's empire is growing. It wouldn't surprise me if the TRU's closed in a few months/years and she remained in business. That would suck!

I overheard Forrest Gump tell a customer that they should go downstairs to StarAnime (aka Chubby13), to find what they were looking for. I wanted to scream.

I stopped by Chubby13's store yesterday at around 10:30pm after coming out from the theaters. He was of course closed and I was really surprised to see that the place hasn't changed a bit since my last visit. He still has the sign that says "Star Anime" which he said he would change to "halo13" right when he started business. I had not visited the place since oct. '07 and he still has more than half the merchandise since then. He also had a 25% off on the transformers movie toys section which of course are marked up more than 25% their msrp. Don't this kind of collectibles shop "entrepreneurs" know that they have to do blow out sales to move out the stuff that JUST WON'T SELL and bring in new merchandise to therefore bring in more customers? That's basic stuff you learn about retail and he used to manage a KB.

bikerscout
03-30-2008, 06:06 AM
why do you guys even go into these stores? You're smart and know how to get htf stuff for retail price. I guess u guys just go in there to laugh? :sleeping:

Chef B - great ravioli !!

toonimator
03-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Nothing new at Burbank Target, except SW endcap's up, right by the SW section. Headphones was sittin on the smoke-break bench near the doors, but otherwise nobody was there. Jackie Chan must've run into the store full speed as he was right behind me when I hit the toy aisle. Straight for GI Joe he went. There was one Target Iron Man on the pegs, and 3 Prototypes. The Target one looks nice as a repaint, but this one was too sloppy.

Saw Headphones head towards the front with a big pile of about a dozen Hot Wheels and/or other assorted car lines. It's possible it was older stuff (Headphones buys piles of anything, it seems), but I felt bad anyway for the usual Hot Wheels crowd who've dropped off daily visits because the store gets jack in.

Cataclizm1
03-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Gardena target has a lot of the Exclusive red and silver Iron mans. Nothing else worth reporting today.

BlueSnags
03-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Stashed an Iron Man Mark II at Woodman KB. Shoot me a PM for location.

-Snags

Jango Speck
03-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I found some more SA 501sts at Burbank TRU tonight. Nothing else good, and none of their figures have the Clone Wars sticker promo- WTF?

Jango Speck
03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Burbank Target had the FU wave this morning at 8:30am. All that was left were the non-army figures, so I left them on the pegs. With all the empty space, it looked like they put out only one case.

When I arrived at work, FedEx dropped off my EE wave 2r2 case- good times!

stillakid
03-31-2008, 05:49 PM
TRU on Topanga Canyon: Full pegs, lots of army builders, but nothing new.

TARGET at Desoto: Semi full pegs but again, nothing new. No Order 66 packs or Evolutions at all.

Jango Speck
04-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Just opened my wave2r2 case from EE and was disappointed to find that there are two big stickers covering the bubbles of these fine figures: The Force Unleashed Cheat Code sticker and the Clone Wars Captain Rex Promo sticker. This sucks as I wanted a good carded set to display- and the figs I saw at Target this morning did not have dual stickers. Guess I'll be doing some swap & return this month.

Turbowars
04-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Hey guys,

Started my 2nd round of treatment today and most likely wont hunt for about 2 weeks, was wondering if anyone can pick up a few BlackHoles Stormies for me. I know it's a tall order, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hey Speak, I get my treatment in Burbank, so maybe we can meet up and get that GG statue from you.

Jango Speck
04-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Hey guys,

Started my 2nd round of treatment today and most likely wont hunt for about 2 weeks, was wondering if anyone can pick up a few BlackHoles Stormies for me. I know it's a tall order, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hey Speak, I get my treatment in Burbank, so maybe we can meet up and get that GG statue from you.

Have the latest Legends figures hit the Burbank area? I think Snags and his wonderful WalMart runs are the only sighting I've heard of lately.

Turbo let me know when and where...

Jango Speck
04-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Damn! I was sitting here and just glanced up at my Yoda/R2 maquette. One of Yoda's ears is broken off! I can't find the piece anywhere, so I don't know if it's always been that way or what. Now I've got to find the box and look inside. This is a real bummer. If I had some detolfs and a hardwood floor this would never have happened. Funny thing is, I just noticed the styrofoam block under R2, so clearly I'm not as observant as I think I am. Now that it's removed, R2 is looking much better.

By the way, what wave is the FU Stormtrooper Commander coming in? Is it a different case assortment from w2r2 or another wave altogether?

Maradona
04-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Damn! I was sitting here and just glanced up at my Yoda/R2 maquette. One of Yoda's ears is broken off! I can't find the piece anywhere, so I don't know if it's always been that way or what. Now I've got to find the box and look inside. This is a real bummer. If I had some detolfs and a hardwood floor this would never have happened. Funny thing is, I just noticed the styrofoam block under R2, so clearly I'm not as observant as I think I am. Now that it's removed, R2 is looking much better.

By the way, what wave is the FU Stormtrooper Commander coming in? Is it a different case assortment from w2r2 or another wave altogether?

I had the same thing happen to my Boba Fett maquette. The tip of one of flames was broken off when I removed it from the package. In fact, my Darth Malak mini bust had the face plate broken also. Both were exclusives so I figured there was nothing I could do about it. GG could just say that I broke them.

And the FU Stormtrooper Commander is part of a multipack, I think.

BlueSnags
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
And the FU Stormtrooper Commander is part of a multipack, I think.

Also, there's a rumor going around that he'll be bundled with the game.

-Snags

toonimator
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Since he's got his own card, 'packed-with-game' is more likely than 'multipack'. A lot of people wondered if he might be the Target exclusive "Commander Fox" that's shown up on computer systems, which was a neat theory (Fox being a 501st sergeant in ROTS, ~10 years before the game), but that'd involve the name going out to retailers before packaging was finalized.

Got to Burbank Target at 8:10 or so, not sure what all I missed if anything. There was an SL R2 and Yoda there with Rex stickers, so I guess it's possible the Shadow Stormie wave is hitting. A lone Serpentor breaks up the monotony of Buzzers on the Joe pegs--another return, probably.

Picked up Iron Monger and Silver Centurion this morning. Looked through all the Target IMs for the best paint job... not a bad figure. Just wish the armor on the back of his hands allowed more movement so you could have a nice open-palm blast pose. Iron Monger's cool, too, but ball-hinges on his hips would've been welcome. Can't pose his legs much, but I guess anything more would've screwed with the action feature (which doesn't work well anyway). Still, he's a nice, hefty villain to stand next to Tony.

Maradona
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Since he's got his own card, 'packed-with-game' is more likely than 'multipack'. A lot of people wondered if he might be the Target exclusive "Commander Fox" that's shown up on computer systems, which was a neat theory (Fox being a 501st sergeant in ROTS, ~10 years before the game), but that'd involve the name going out to retailers before packaging was finalized.

I must have confused the Stormtrooper Commander with the Incinerator Trooper that's going to be in a Walmart exclusive multipack. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with these excessive repaints.

Jango Speck
04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Also, there's a rumor going around that he'll be bundled with the game.

-Snags

But I've seen photos of him carded!

BlueSnags
04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
But I've seen photos of him carded!

The Battlefront Scout Trooper that came bundled with the Battlefront game was carded.

Also, a limited quantity of carded Battlefront Scout Troopers were sold by SWS.com. That was the only way to get the figure without buying the game (and they sold out pretty quickly, if I remember correctly).

-Snags

Luuuuuuke
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Pico Rivera Target had at least two cases of Order 66 this morning near the cashiers. I skipped the Luminara set but got the rest and one extra of the Barc trooper set.

They're kind of underwhelming for the most part. They seem a little too much like previously released clones, especially the red and the blue Arc commanders. By the way, Order 66 was in the same end cap with the GI Joe 25th Anniversary vehicles and some Transformers in Order 66-like tubes.

At City of Commerce Target I found a case of Force Unleashed. I got the EVO and Jumptrooper and the Shadow Imperial Guard. They had all of the Ironman figures I think.

JediTricks
04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Turbo, I'll keep an eye out, I'm also looking for 'em (lightly looking) so it'll be fairly easy to remember, even for me. Best of luck with the treatment!

bikerscout
04-01-2008, 09:12 PM
the distribution this year is already shaping up to be terrible. Esp. with TRU's superoverload of SL. The 3 major chains should have good quantities of wave 1 at least and they barely have any. Wave 2 is just coming out --eeking out one case at a time. What the hell is hasbro doing??? This is garbage -not even worth going out and hunting anymore. :mad:

JediTricks
04-01-2008, 09:35 PM
First quarter is usually like this. I remember, 2003 Saga was so bad I didn't find a new figure until July. First quarter at retail is generally slow as mud, so it's tough to turn it around. With summer on the way and the little moppets out of school looking to buy toys, you'll see an upturn in product I suspect. Plus, with Indiana Jones coming in May, stores are going to want to move all the SW product they're still receiving out the door a little faster this month.

bikerscout
04-01-2008, 10:39 PM
that's true about the 1st quarter. Lets hope it picks up this month. At least I have order 66 to look forward to.

StbrianofMinneapolis
04-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I am looking for target's DPCI product code for these sets. Specifically I want the BARC trooper/Tsui Choi set, but I will atke any code I can get.

Tycho
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM
087-06-0884 (or try 0887) - I can't read my own handwriting - sorry.

Anyway, I tried having them look up both at my local Target - they had nothing.

Yeah, I want 2 Tsu Chois and that'll be it for me with these. I have no interest in the other figures or any clones for that matter.

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 01:08 AM
I am looking for target's DPCI product code for these sets. Specifically I want the BARC trooper/Tsui Choi set, but I will atke any code I can get.

087-06-0884

The first one that Tycho posted is correct and it's the code for all of the Order 66 sets.

I want Tsui for sure and probably the Sev set as well. Luminara in all black doesn't look too bad - I'm not sure how film accurate it is but it looks accurate to the ROTS insert photo of her.

bikerscout
04-02-2008, 02:23 AM
well, we all know which pack will NOT hit clearance in LA.

MicroJow
04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
So, what's next after The Force Unleashed wave? New Force doesn't appear to have anything listed beyond these and someone told me we're going to be rather dry until around June.

- J

Chaddymac
04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
So, what's next after The Force Unleashed wave? New Force doesn't appear to have anything listed beyond these and someone told me we're going to be rather dry until around June.

- J
Awesome. I don't need any new figures right now.

Kidhuman
04-02-2008, 10:41 PM

- J

The CW wave was slated for now, but got moved back. Dont expect anything but exclusives the nest few months like Order 66 and I think some WM comic packs

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
well, we all know which pack will NOT hit clearance in LA.

Why not? Last year's Order 66 were plentiful even when clearanced.

bikerscout
04-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Why not? Last year's Order 66 were plentiful even when clearanced.

not Yoda & that godawful kashyyyk trooper. -never saw that one on clearance. And I went to many targets.
Looks like we'll just have SL wave 5 after TFU unfortunately - that is if you're lucky enough to find them with that horrible case ratio.

wth? - why did my post count stay the same?

Jango Speck
04-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Burbank TRU is so full of unwanted Legends, that I'm not sure we'll see anything new until much later in the year.

figrin bran
04-03-2008, 01:22 AM
not Yoda & that godawful kashyyyk trooper. -never saw that one on clearance. And I went to many targets.

In that case, you should've thought about what would your hero BlueSnags do to ensure that something might be there for him when it goes on clearance :p

For the record, I don't think I saw many, if any at all, of Yoda/Kashyyyk Trooper on clearance last year.

bikerscout
04-03-2008, 02:24 AM
order 66 are almost too large to stash. Make that all LA area TRUs Speck!

figrin bran
04-03-2008, 02:38 AM
order 66 are almost too large to stash.

bah! size matters not! :p

Tycho
04-03-2008, 02:51 AM
I haven't seen Order 66 or even Force Unleashed (2008 Wave 2) in the stores, let alone any ample supply of Wave 1 (just the leftovers - I got my figures from HTS).

figrin bran
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I haven't seen Order 66 or even Force Unleashed (2008 Wave 2) in the stores, let alone any ample supply of Wave 1 (just the leftovers - I got my figures from HTS).

Then again, by you own admission, you're not going to stores all that often nowadays, are you? :p

toonimator
04-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Got SSC Commander Praji yesterday! Pretty neat, but the funky shoulder-structure on the Sideshow bodies make him look a bit weird. The cloth cap doesn't wanna sit properly (maybe water-treatment or something will help with that) and the plastic cap's got a funny discoloration a bit to the side of the disc on the front. Nothing too bad, just a different-looking black. Great weapons, and I didn't break any right outta the box (unlike Bespin Luke's blaster). The gloved hands aren't so great with the E-11, particularly the left since you risk popping off the folding stock and even the scope if you're not handling it carefully, and the snap on the holster's a bit too short for the low-powered magnet that seems to hold it shut, even without the blaster in there.

Now if Hasbro will just give us a Praji or other ANH black-suit, with great articulation, removable cap, proper rank badge pips, and the brown holster with a larger-grip version of the TAC Jawa pistol... that'd be great!

Burbank Target was empty. Only Bob & I were there, nothing for either of us! PLENTY of room for SW basics though.. and comic packs... and Joe comic packs... and Joe basics... HTS doesn't even get any Joes in often! Also tons of room for DCU.

BlueSnags
04-03-2008, 03:55 PM
New GI Joe wave is up on HTS (HISS Driver, Viper, Spirit Iron-Knife, Snake Eyes, Duke, Wild Bill).

Update: HISS Driver gone already. That was fast.

-Snags

Cataclizm1
04-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Looks like that is a pre-order.

BlueSnags
04-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks like that is a pre-order.

Looks like they're all pre-sold out now.

-Snags

Deoxyribonucleic
04-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Looks like they're all pre-sold out now.

-Snags

That's hilarious! lol :thumbsup:

Funny Money
04-04-2008, 01:42 PM
TRU La Cienega was good to me today,.. finally! I found an entire set of Force Unleashed. It looked as if only one case was put out. All of the cards were rolled badly, I dont care,.. I open!

For you GIJoe guys, also had all of the Comic 2 Packs, and a TRU exclusive three figure set. I had never seen this item before. One w/Cobra officers, one w/Red Cobra troops of some sort, and a Joe set. The are in a triangular package and each figure is in a cylinder tube. Sorry if this is an older item, I don't know much about the Joe stuff. I stashed one of each. PM me.

Iron Man Monger along with all the other 'Mark' versions (on end cap)

Jango Speck
04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I found a single Iron Man Mark 1 at Burbank Target this morning (after opening). Why aren't they putting SW figures out lately?

bikerscout
04-04-2008, 04:12 PM
before the dark times....before the first quarter of '08.....
TRU LF: Had lots of SL, the same junk as last week mixed in with wave 7.5 and tiny bit of 8. Only 2 or 3 rex stickered cards.

GI joe: no comic packs or figs, nothing

Iron Man: a few prototype and mk 3 packs on an end cap, I'm not looking for the iron monger really but I've only seen it once & looks like it'll be the %&$h to find along with the stealth suit & war machine WM excl.

do you guys think SW and TF will really go to hell once Indy 4 and Iron man stuff starts hitting hard??? Gi joe will suck no matter what b/c they ship so little of it all year round

Cataclizm1
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
If anyone sees a DC Universe Aquaman 6" I need a stash pour va vour. The short-haired regular Aquaman. I don't care about the long haired variant.

Commtech
04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
TRU La Cienega was good to me today,.. finally! I found an entire set of Force Unleashed. It looked as if only one case was put out. All of the cards were rolled badly, I dont care,.. I open!

For you GIJoe guys, also had all of the Comic 2 Packs, and a TRU exclusive three figure set. I had never seen this item before. One w/Cobra officers, one w/Red Cobra troops of some sort, and a Joe set. The are in a triangular package and each figure is in a cylinder tube. Sorry if this is an older item, I don't know much about the Joe stuff. I stashed one of each. PM me.

Iron Man Monger along with all the other 'Mark' versions (on end cap)

pm sent for stash!!

Funny Money
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
pm sent for stash!!

Back at you!

figrin bran
04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
do you guys think SW and TF will really go to hell once Indy 4 and Iron man stuff starts hitting hard??? Gi joe will suck no matter what b/c they ship so little of it all year round

SW - yes.

Transformers - no, because the Animated line is launching in June.

Commtech
04-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks to Funnymoney for the well executed stash!!

Jango Speck
04-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Got my $50 check from Hasbro, but it says I have to spend it at Target- WTF?

Commtech
04-05-2008, 01:01 AM

good. I hope mine is like that too.

figrin bran
04-05-2008, 01:22 AM

Would you rather it be Walmart? :p

Jango Speck
04-05-2008, 02:42 AM
I want to use it at Chubby13, so I can get those hard to find figures! :D

BlueSnags
04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
I want to use it at Chubby13, so I can get those hard to find figures! :D

:laugh:

-Snags

stillakid
04-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Practically NOTHING at the Target on Sepulveda near Burbank Blvd. I picked up the last Order 66 two-pack, with Anakin and a purple Stormtrooper. They did have about four of the Battle of Kashyyk (sp?) Battle packs and I brought one of those home. But NO single carded figures at all.

Jango Speck
04-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Found FU wave at Burbank TRU this morning. Only Vader and Shadow Guard were missing.

BlueSnags
04-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Found FU wave at Burbank TRU this morning. Only Vader and Shadow Guard were missing.

Did you get there at opening?

-Snags

Commtech
04-05-2008, 05:35 PM

I was there at 10 am and didn't see them. I think they opened at 9am.

I found out who's Chubby13's TRU employee supplier: Wormser. As plumber Bob and I were walking out to the registers, Wormser noticed I had some GI Joes in my cart and asked me if there were more on the pegs. He was busy ringing someone on a register and I offered to go back and get him some Joes. I did it in good faith to be in peace with them employees. BIG MISTAKE. When I came back he said "Thank you, I really need them for my friend Frank from Halo13, the store in the mall. I supply him with toys every now and then". Plumber Bob looked at me surprised. As we walked away, PB says, "If I would've known!".

Jango Speck
04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Did you get there at opening?

-Snags

I was there at 9:30am. Wormser saw my stuff and looked very interested as well. That dude seriously needs to buy a new toothbrush.

figrin bran
04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I found TFU figures as well. Everything except for the troopers and Shadow Guard were there for me at Crenshaw WM.

I also found and bought an A T-AT at Deadwood Target. I got to use the Target coupon on that along with a Tri-Droid.

Those of you collecting GI Joes, take extra caution when buying those comic packs. I bought one the other day with no visible signs of tampering and yet the bios and Doc sticker/certificate were gone. At La Cienega TRU, I saw one comic pack with very visible signs of tampering so that's quite a bit of thievery going around.

BlueSnags
04-05-2008, 09:13 PM

I found out who's Chubby13's TRU employee supplier: Wormser. As plumber Bob and I were walking out to the registers, Wormser noticed I had some GI Joes in my cart and asked me if there were more on the pegs. He was busy ringing someone on a register and I offered to go back and get him some Joes. I did it in good faith to be in peace with them employees. BIG MISTAKE. When I came back he said "Thank you, I really need them for my friend Frank from Halo13, the store in the mall. I supply him with toys every now and then". Plumber Bob looked at me surprised. As we walked away, PB says, "If I would've known!".

Damn, with Forrest Gump already on board and now Wormser, sounds like Chubby13's Army is growing. I can't believe he's still in business - he can't be making that much money and the rent at the mall sure isn't cheap.

-Snags

darkagent
04-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Does anyone here need an Iron Monger? Picked one up for a friend, but he already got one.

TheRupert
04-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Hey fellahs - long time, no talk too!

This is a little off topic, but hey, you guys are in the area so I thought I'd start here...

We are getting ready to run the "Dawn of Defiance" Campaign for the Star Wars Roleplaying Game and we are seeking 2 - 3 more players. We are all in our 20's or early 30's and would like to find people around that age to join us.

We will be playing once or twice a month on Saturday evenings and will be playing in Burbank.

No previous RPG Experience necessary. Just a love of Star Wars!

If you're interested, please send me a PM and I'll get right back to you!

Thanks for reading!

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 07:55 PM

I found out who's Chubby13's TRU employee supplier: Wormser. As plumber Bob and I were walking out to the registers, Wormser noticed I had some GI Joes in my cart and asked me if there were more on the pegs. He was busy ringing someone on a register and I offered to go back and get him some Joes. I did it in good faith to be in peace with them employees. BIG MISTAKE. When I came back he said "Thank you, I really need them for my friend Frank from Halo13, the store in the mall. I supply him with toys every now and then". Plumber Bob looked at me surprised. As we walked away, PB says, "If I would've known!".Dang, that's ridiculous! I strongly feel you should report his stupid scalper-helping ***.

Jango Speck
04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Dang, that's ridiculous! I strongly feel you should report his stupid scalper-helping ***.

That's pointless- nobody at TRU cares about this situation. It's the same way with the Wii's that they hold in the backroom.

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I meant to corporate.

BlueSnags
04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
You Know How It Is.

-Snags

StarWarsMom
04-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. *waves*

For those of you in the LA westside area, I made a toy run down Hawthorne Blvd this afternoon, so here is a rundown on what I found today.

Target near the S. Bay Plaza. Wiped out on figs, only had one lonely Tri-Droid left. They did have a bunch of Aayla's ship out and one box each of the Mustafar and Endor GH battle packs. No Order 66 seen, but I was able to pick up four of them last Monday, so they are starting to hit store shelves.

TRU near Del Amo mall has a ton of figures out but they are all from 2007, so if you are missing any figs from last year, you might find them there. They also have a few boxes of the Naboo and Hoth GH battle packs. There is a good supply of Evo packs too.

Suncoast in the Del Amo mall has got both TFU and 2008 figs out, but they are charging an outrageous $12.99 per figure. Ouch!

K-Mart is also wiped out on figures, but they do have some Evo packs out.

That's all for now. Will keep ya posted on other finds.

Cataclizm1
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome StarWarsMom, looks like we have the same hunting grounds.

JodyB
04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
oh well...

Jango Speck
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Found single carded Lightning Ramone and Chuki today at Burbank Target. There was another set on the pegs, and I stashed a pair. PM for the 411. I hadn't heard of Chuki before, yet some other cars (PT Flea, etc.) haven't showed up in Burbank yet, very confusing...

They also had Iron Monger and Mark 1 as of 8:30am.

Update: Cars stash claimed.

Jango Speck
04-08-2008, 01:30 PM
oh well...

Why did you edit your post?

BlueSnags
04-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Maybe Hootie read it and threatened to beat him up

-Snags

BlueSnags
04-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks to Speck for the CARS stash at Burbank Target. Stopped by Burbank TRU afterwards and stashed a CARS My Name Is Not Chuck and Tow for anyone who still needs them.

Also stashed three SA 501st Clones - PM me for location.

EDIT: CARS stash claimed. 501st stash still available.

-Snags

Commtech
04-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I need to get rid of a sealed in the box Target exclusive Imperial Shuttle due to the need of more space in my toys room. I'm asking what I paid ($65), which is retail. Only offering it to regular members who I know and post here frequently. You would have to come and pick it up in the Burbank area (TRU). Thanks.

Cataclizm1
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
BBTS has GI JOE wave 9 preorders up, good price if you get a case. I ordered the internet exclusive case.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99065&postcount=1

Jango Speck
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
TRU is selling the Lego Luke Xwing maquette for a very reasonable $27.99. They are also in the overhead bins if you don't like the smashed boxes that are on the shelf.

Update: TRU.com is also offering this clearance price. Too bad they don't carry any others.

Jango Speck
04-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I need to get rid of a sealed in the box Target exclusive Imperial Shuttle due to the need of more space in my toys room. I'm asking what I paid ($65), which is retail. Only offering it to regular members who I know and post here frequently. You would have to come and pick it up in the Burbank area (TRU). Thanks.

So tempting...I'll think about it.

JodyB
04-08-2008, 06:11 PM

It's just stupid to fight that store when you know no one else will put the effort in... might as well goto Los Feliz and deal with Dirty Sanchez...

Jango Speck
04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
It's just stupid to fight that store when you know no one else will put the effort in... might as well goto Los Feliz and deal with Dirty Sanchez...

I guess we're all just cynical, and since we have no "proof" it's hard to imagine this being effective. I can just see corporate getting 8 phone calls from grown men in Burbank complaining about not getting some Star Wars figures they want- they'll probably put us on speakerphone, call in the rest of the staff and have a good old laugh at us.

figrin bran
04-08-2008, 11:03 PM
From the Cars line, I've seen quite a few Tow and Not Chucks but had no idea that people needed stashes on these. I'll definitely do that in the future for those two along with Chuki and Tow Cap/Gasparin.

Jango Speck
04-09-2008, 12:34 AM
From the Cars line, I've seen quite a few Tow and Not Chucks but had no idea that people needed stashes on these. I'll definitely do that in the future for those two along with Chuki and Tow Cap/Gasparin.

Please stash any new Cars for me- I have a hell of a time finding them.

toonimator
04-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Burbank Target had some TFU and at least part of a case of Joes this morning... and naturally a couple unfamiliar faces were there (I got in a couple minutes after doors opened). Some dude had at least one Joe, a couple Cars, and two of the $20 TFs (the Premiere ones or whatever, which I guess just have silver trim on the box?). Another guy had a bunch of SW figures (Gree, a couple TFU troops maybe). Funny how the new faces always turn up on days when they actually stock :razz:

I left the Evo Trooper and Shadow Guard, picked up an extra Juno & Maris for custom fodder. The Joes were the Rock-n-Roll wave, and not many of 'em; I picked up RnR & a Crimson Guard (I'm really tired of the Duke arms being used; horrible elbows, bizarre place to cut the wrist joint, and no separate trigger fingers), the one guy with the TFs grabbed Torpedo according to Plumber Bob, and probably IG Destro if he was there at all. Couple Buzzers from the last week, a Cobra Trooper, and a Jump Trooper were all that was left.

Jango Speck
04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Nevermind....Toonimator said it all.

So Burbank Target has Order 66, but in the "warehouse", with no specific date that it will be put on the floor. Meanwhile, other stores are putting them at the registers. No surprise...

toonimator
04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
This weekend's supposedly the 'street date', the planogram change for the Order 66s to show up at registers. But various Targets do it at various times...

...meanwhile, actually got to Target before opening (mostly because they were a few minutes late in opening), and naturally there was nothing new. The lack of unfamiliar faces, or Headphones & Jackie Chan, was a big clue :tired:
The latest Marvel Superhero Squad sets are out, in new packaging... still there from yesterday, with a few more added I think.

stillakid
04-10-2008, 04:24 PM
TRU Woodland Hills: nada new. Full pegs o' repacks though.

Target on DeSoto: nearly empty pegs. All repacks except for the Playmate Imperial Trooper chick, who I brought home to please me. Otherwise, more nada. No 66 or anything. :(

Tycho
04-11-2008, 04:26 AM
My local Target had a display on an endcap with the price listings for the Order 66 figures (none out) and the Force Unleashed role-play lightsabers.

The items and prices were listed, but the exclusive battle packs (Kashyyyk anyway) and the Galactic Heroes ones (Endor and Mustafar) plus some exclusive repaints of Transformers Barricade and Jazz in the tube-style packaging were what they were displaying.

Tomorrow morning I might actually make a toy run over there!

BlueSnags
04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Ordered the following G.I. Joe stuff from HTS today:

- Baroness x2
- Major Bludd
- Tiger Stripe Flint
- Snake Eyes - Arctic Gear
- Storm Shadow - Black
- GI Joe RAM Cycle
- Black COBRA Hiss w/Driver
- Barbeque
- Hawk
- Roadblock (new deco)
- Sgt. Bazooka
- Cobra Officer
- Cobra B.A.T. x2
- Snow Serpent x2

Use code SPRCAT8 for 10% off and free shipping.

It's funny how you can pre-order GI Joe stuff (that will ship in June and August) and Indiana Jones stuff (shipping in May), but the SW Force Unleashed wave (which has been out for months) is M.I.A. Maybe Chef Boyardee got a job at HasbroToyShop...

-Snags

darkagent
04-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Got lucky at La Cienega Target today. Stopped by around 11am and found an endcap full of the Target exclusives. They must have just put them out, because they untouched. There were 2 sets of Order 66, 1 set of GI Joe and at least 2 sets of Transformers. I picked up the GI Joes and both Order 66 Tsui Chois. I'm happy that I'm done with these exclusives so early. Funny thing is, the shelf tag has a date of 4-13-08 on it.

Maradona
04-11-2008, 05:22 PM

- Baroness x2
- Major Bludd
- Tiger Stripe Flint
- Storm Shadow - Black
- GI Joe RAM Cycle
- Barbeque
- Hawk
- Roadblock (new deco)
- Sgt. Bazooka
- Cobra Officer
- Cobra B.A.T. x2
- Snow Serpent x2

It's funny how you can pre-order GI Joe stuff (that will ship in June and August) and Indiana Jones stuff (shipping in May), but the SW Force Unleashed wave (which has been out for months) is M.I.A. Maybe Chef Boyardee got a job at HasbroToyShop...

-Snags

I went to HTS shortly after this post and most of the Joes above were listed as "coming soon." HTS needs to reform their "pre-order" and "coming soon" set-ups.

EDIT: Now they are out of stock...

Commtech
04-11-2008, 05:47 PM

- Baroness x2
- Major Bludd
- Tiger Stripe Flint
- Storm Shadow - Black
- GI Joe RAM Cycle
- Barbeque
- Hawk
- Roadblock (new deco)
- Sgt. Bazooka
- Cobra Officer
- Cobra B.A.T. x2
- Snow Serpent x2

-Snags

So.... how come we didn't get a heads up from Mighty Snags?!:(

BlueSnags
04-11-2008, 05:53 PM
So.... how come we didn't get a heads up from Mighty Snags?!:(

I gave a heads-up last time (the Spirit Iron Knife wave) and nobody replied, except for a "Looks like it's just a pre-order."

If I know there's interest, I'll keep doing the heads-up.

-Snags:thumbsup:

StarWarsMom
04-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Hit the Target's in Culver City & Manhattan Beach today and neither had Order 66 packs out. They both must be waiting till the official street date to put them out. Bleh...

Commtech
04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I gave a heads-up last time (the Spirit Iron Knife wave) and nobody replied, except for a "Looks like it's just a pre-order."

If I know there's interest, I'll keep doing the heads-up.

-Snags:thumbsup:

Thanks! :)......

figrin bran
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM

-Snags

Exactly, what's going on with the lack of TFU figures? I've even preordered Transformers Animated which won't ship until late June.

Commtech
04-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Nevermind.

Jango Speck
04-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I just ordered the new Acme Raiders retro/propaganda poster. It's a beauty. The illustrated Indy/Marion giclee is nice too, but I'll wait. I'm liking the character keys- might have to start that up, but only for Indy.

Luuuuuuke
04-11-2008, 11:52 PM
I haven't hit the stores much, but I did find and buy a new cars two-pack with PT Flea and Flik. I've passed on most of the latest Cars, but this one looked really cool, and they actually appeared in the movie.

figrin bran
04-12-2008, 01:39 AM
I haven't hit the stores much, but I did find and buy a new cars two-pack with PT Flea and Flik. I've passed on most of the latest Cars, but this one looked really cool, and they actually appeared in the movie.

However, just about everything in the Cars line appeared in the movie.

BlueSnags
04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Big thanks to Turbo for the hookup on the Target excl. G.I. Joe vehicles.

Good times.

-Snags

Maradona
04-12-2008, 12:12 PM
HTS has the new Roadblock up and had the new Baroness up long enough for me to get one, but she's gone back to "coming soon" now. Both Gree and the Kashyyyk trooper are up and have been since yesterday.

figrin bran
04-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I just got back from La Brea Target with 3 of the Order 66 sets plus the HISS Tank and Night Specter.

Just to be sure, you guys are using the $5 coupon that Cataclizm posted awhile back, right? I used 2 of them today and saved $10!

Cataclizm1
04-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Target manhattan beach restocked the DC Universe 6" today. Full pegs..............of more wave 1. I wanted to kill somebody. I'll never find a freakin Aqua man.

Funny Money
04-12-2008, 01:47 PM
...Just to be sure, you guys are using the $5 coupon that Cataclizm posted awhile back, right? I used 2 of them today and saved $10!

I searched the posts and can't find it.:upset: I remember seeing it a while back,.. can you repost please?

La Cienega TRU was a joke at 9am. One TFU fig on the pegs (Rahm Kota) along with cases and cases of other useless crap.
There was one 'runner' that showed up. I've never seen him before. He went straight for the Joes. Found zero, and then came to SW aisle to grab the Rahm Kota I was placing back on the peg.

Cataclizm1
04-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I searched the posts and can't find it.:upset: I remember seeing it a while back,.. can you repost please?

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3250/targetcouponszo4.jpg

JodyB
04-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Only thing new I found today was the new Toy's R Us White Tie Fighter... passed on it

TheRupert
04-12-2008, 02:48 PM
OOOOOPS nevermind this message.

Kenobi
04-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Anyone know if there are plans to do a Midnight Madness event for the new Clone Wars Animated stuff that comes out on 7/26?

From what I've seen, this Clone Wars stuff looks good enough to get me back into this mess!

BlueSnags
04-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Anyone know if there are plans to do a Midnight Madness event for the new Clone Wars Animated stuff that comes out on 7/26?

From what I've seen, this Clone Wars stuff looks good enough to get me back into this mess!

What's up, Rupert? Long time no talk. There is indeed going to be a Midnight Madness for CW. I think most of us are going to be down at SDCC that weekend (7/26), which should be interesting. Either Hasbro will put the CW stuff on sale at Comic-con first (which would turn into the ultimate clusterf---), or we'll be hitting a TRU in the San Diego area most likely.

More thoughts: I don't think Burbank TRU will be a good place for Midnight Madness. With the Unholy Trio of Chef Boyardee, Dazed & Confused and WORMSER all present, I don't forsee anything good making it to the pegs that night.

-Snags:bandit:

StarWarsMom
04-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Stopped by the La Cienega Target only to find them cleared out on Order 66 packs. Dropped by the Culver City Target on the way home and they only had one lone Sev pack left which I grabbed since I needed that one. Now I have 5 of the 6 packs with Choi set still eluding me.

Cataclizm1
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Target Galleria Redondo beach had a crapload of order 66 by the checkouts this morning. Gardena target also has them at the checkouts. I have no desire for any of them.

CrunchyNug
04-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I too will be in the throws of SDCC for MM. I guess we'll have to see if Hasbro has any plans themselves, or if it'll be at the local TRU. Anyone wanting to gather down there is most welcome. Who's gonna bring RISK?

Jango Speck
04-12-2008, 05:38 PM
More thoughts: I don't think Burbank TRU will be a good place for Midnight Madness. With the Unholy Trio of Chef Boyardee, Dazed & Confused and WORMSER all present, I don't forsee anything good making it to the pegs that night.

-Snags:bandit:

Last time around, TRU was selling sealed cases right off the pallet, so you were guaranteed to get everything.

Maradona
04-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Alhambra TRU had a Jump Trooper and an Evo Trooper at 12:20PM. I was shocked that they had made it that far into a Saturday. The cards were not mint (probably why the scalpers passed), but I needed openers so I unhesitatingly picked up both.

Thanks go out to Darkagent for the Target GI Joe Exclusives hook up.:)

Commtech
04-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Stopped by the La Cienega Target only to find them cleared out on Order 66 packs. Dropped by the Culver City Target on the way home and they only had one lone Sev pack left which I grabbed since I needed that one. Now I have 5 of the 6 packs with Choi set still eluding me.

Welcome to the boards. So... are you really a mom?:D

In other news, saw Chubby13 today at F&S. Chubbier than ever.:D

StarWarsMom
04-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the boards. So... are you really a mom?:D

Thanks for the welcome and yes I am a mom to a 6 yo Star Wars fanatic. :D

Jango Speck
04-13-2008, 01:01 AM
So, Los Feliz TRU is now officially a combo Babies 'R Us store. It's still a mess while they finish laying it all out. Found a whole lotta nothing tonight.

figrin bran
04-13-2008, 01:36 AM
So, Los Feliz TRU is now officially a combo Babies 'R Us store. It's still a mess while they finish laying it all out. Found a whole lotta nothing tonight.

That store is really horrible right now and the aisles are still too narrow. Until that mountain of Saga Legends dwindles, I wouldn't expect any great SW finds there.

BlueSnags
04-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Last time around, TRU was selling sealed cases right off the pallet, so you were guaranteed to get everything.

That was three years ago. Things are gonna even better this time around.

I heard this year as a special added bonus Wormser is going to personally deliver the case to your home. The case doesn't come sealed, though - and all the short packed figures are not guaranteed to be there. Let the buyer beware.

Also, a word to the wise: Don't let him use your bathroom - he may try to "borrow" your toothbrush.

-Snags

figrin bran
04-13-2008, 03:06 AM
I've been meaning to post this but kept forgetting - Burbank TRU doesn't have the monopoly on employee code names. There's this guy who works at La Cienega TRU whose badge reads "Lord Emir". That's great, we don't even have to give him a nickname.

Kenobi
04-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Wow, sounds like that Burbank TRU is a nightmare. I'm not heading to SDCC this year, so I guess I'll have to find an alternate TRU to hit up for the Midnight Madness...

Any suggestions?

Jango Speck
04-13-2008, 04:16 AM
I've decided to go to SDCC this year, mostly because I'm excited about all the Indiana Jones hype. But I won't be staying in a hotel. I'd still like to meet up with you guys, so let me know what you're up to.

K M Toydarian
04-13-2008, 05:30 AM
I remember that back in either 99 for Ep. I, or AOTC, or maybe it was for ROTS?, I stood in line for MM at Burbank TRU. It was a lot of fun, and I bought 2 cases of figures. Makes me think it was ROTS now. They were selling complete cases of the first 24 figures (2 assortments of 12), as complete sets.
I remember seeing Burbank TRU on the news. It's fun, if they do it right and make it fun and worthwhile for the customers.
TRU is only going to get my business from now on though when they have sales like 3 for 2 and such. It is a wasteland.
Gotta save some money for the new falcon though, so Clone Wars might have to be very pick and choosy.

CrunchyNug
04-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I was at Burbank TRU for the last 2 MM's. What a blast!!! Just beginning to think of another one makes me anxious.

I hit a few Targets this morning and was able to get 2 sets of the new Exclusive GI Joe vehicles. Not bad for $10 a piece.

Tycho
04-13-2008, 02:34 PM
My Target had nothing, but a check on a scanner by one of their helpful employees helped me locate Order 66 at a nearby store.

I decided to go on a toy run.

At the next Target I got Tsu Choi. Now I only want 1 more of him. I turned down all the others with hesitation on Obi-Wan as I want an AOTC Obi-Wan with Jedi robe, but I hate that skinny head sculpt that doesn't look like Ewan. I decided that if I ever ache for this, I'll buy him later on. If I can't find him then, it'll be good for me. Palpatine was tempting. I don't replace figures, but the Senate Duel Battle Pack one is all wrong (and cheap), but this isn't the right one either. I decided to wait. Master Sev isn't significantly different from Sora Bulq, so I left that one alone.

I also found a Mariss Brood. She is a good figure. I don't intend to get into Force Unleashed and just use her as a barfly in Club Outlander, but that will help. If I read a novel for Force Unleashed and change my mind about it, well then...

I'd love to find that Vader, but didn't. I bought another ROTS white clone for the AT-TE, unsure of whether I'll need it. I'm not putting 20 troops in, but just making sure someone's sitting next to any window.

Then I went to another Target, but found nothing. The first store's computer said that store had them, but I didn't ask for help. I was tired of it all by now.

So I stopped at Toys R Us. Someone had bought them out of TFU and Wave 1, or the figures were hidden. But they had 1 Wingblade (Transformers, Autobot Warthog plane). I guess he's exclusive to TRU - his sticker says so - and he might be the repaint of Powerglide, an old favorite of mine. He's BIG too. I bought him and will now discuss whether I should keep him in our Transformers thread.

JediTricks
04-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Friday, La Brea Target had a register endcap with the Order 66 sets (minus Tsui Choi) and a few of the Joe vehicles.

StarWarsMom
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
The Target near the S. Bay Galleria is still well stocked with Order 66 packs near the front registers if anyone from the LA westside is still in need of them. I picked up Choi today so I am complete on the whole series now. Yea! :)

Kenobi
04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
What's the retail price on the Target Order 66 packs? I've yet to see them...

Tycho
04-13-2008, 06:25 PM
They're $9.99

stillakid
04-13-2008, 06:53 PM
No Order 66 at DeSoto/Ventura Target this afternoon. In fact, it appears as if they haven't restocked any Star Wars in quite a few days.

Maradona
04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Target West Covina had only 2 of the 66s, Sev and Luminara. No GI Joes, of which I still want a few more HISSes. $10 for HISS and figure is such a deal. So what if it's blue? I have a squadron of black ones, the red ones from a few years back, and now some blue will fill out the ranks. Typical of Hasbro to repaint EVERYTHING...

figrin bran
04-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Friday, La Brea Target had a register endcap with the Order 66 sets (minus Tsui Choi) and a few of the Joe vehicles.

Not anymore! Between yesterday morning and this morning, they sold half of the Order 66 and all of the Joe vehicles.

They did restock DCUC. However, it was all wave 1! why???grrrr!!

Speck, if no one else does it, I'll keep you informed about Comic Con stuff. That is assuming that I'm kept in the loop about it

Jango Speck
04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I carpet bombed all stores along the 210 east today- and found nothing (no surprise). Went to NoHo Target to get baby stuff and found one of the original Palpatine order 66 sets from last time. Curious, I rang it up and realized it had the same DPCI as the new ones. I played dumb and asked the video game folks if they had any more of "these new ones". The nice girl brought out a new case for me. Happy day. I used two $5 off coupons that I had on me, too bad I didn't have a few more. I just laid them out at the register in two groups, and paid separately. The cashier had no problem with me using two coupons in a row.

JodyB
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I too will be keeping in my boycott of Comic-Con this year! So I will be with my good friend Kenobi at some TRU that isn't in Burbank for the release of these wonderful Clone Wars Toys!

Jango Speck
04-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Kenobi's back? I thought he gave up and sold everything a couple of years ago. Welcome back dude. Why are you guys boycotting SDCC?

BlueSnags
04-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Picked up G.I. Joe Snow Job (finally) and Juno Eclipse (needed an opener) at Eagle Rock Target this morning. Glendale Galleria Target had multiples of every Order 66 set (except for Tsui Choi which was sold out) by the 2nd Floor registers. The G.I. Joe vehicles were already sold out except for a lone AWE Striker. Los Feliz TRU had jack squat. Thought about stopping by Burbank TRU for some laughs but I didn't feel like seeing Chef Boyardee's surly face early in the morning.

Kenobi and Jody - keep me in mind when you sell off all your Clone Wars stuff a few months after Midnight Madness. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal.

-Snags

JodyB
04-14-2008, 12:39 AM
To answer your question Speck, I've been going to SDCC since 1990... watched that show grow and grow and grow into this enjoyable monster that we have today! Panals you used to be able to walk in and out of... there was actually breathing room in the isles... man... and you weren't treated like second class cattle when ever you wanted to go anywhere at that show... So Basicly "Hollywood" and the Exclusive Market totally ruined an actual cool "COMIC" Convention! Yes the "Hollywood" Stuff is cool and all to see but it doesn't need to be the center of attention at that show! I'm ranting way too much about cause I used to plan my vacation every year around it... So I guess I have some great memories and I'm just gonna have to let CC go...

JodyB
04-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Kenobi and Jody - keep me in mind when you sell off all your Clone Wars stuff a few months after Midnight Madness. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal.

-Snags

I enjoy the experience of Midnight Madness... Hanging out with people I know... Laughing just having a good time... If I walk away with a few things cool... am I going to go crazy? Not this time around... I've learned my lesson...

Jango Speck
04-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Picked up G.I. Joe Snow Job (finally) and Juno Eclipse (needed an opener) at Eagle Rock Target this morning. Glendale Galleria Target had multiples of every Order 66 set (except for Tsui Choi which was sold out) by the 2nd Floor registers. The G.I. Joe vehicles were already sold out except for a lone AWE Striker. Los Feliz TRU had jack squat. Thought about stopping by Burbank TRU for some laughs but I didn't feel like seeing Chef Boyardee's surly face early in the morning.

-Snags

Didn't know you were looking for Snowjob- I've seen him a few times. Burbank TRU might have had FU this morning. I got there at 9:30a, to find that they only open early on Saturday. I left before they opened. I returned later in the afternoon, and saw one Juno Eclipse on the pegs.

Jango Speck
04-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Just watched the leaked Clone Wars theatrical trailer- I love it! I think it will put the AOTC movie to shame.

Just opened my Tsui Choi and Master Sev figures. I really like them. I just wish that Sev had articulated ankles. And what's with his removable blade lightsaber? The robes are cool, esp. Tsui's due to the poseable wire around the base of the robe. I'm all out of figure stands, so I can't pose them yet. Guess I'll be buying some MiniMag stands from Chubby13 this week- at least he doesn't jack up the prices on those.

Have you all seen the Hi-Res photos of the upcoming Milennium Falcon, at GH.com? Wow, oh wow- can't wait to pay whatever astronomical price that's gonna cost- please don't let it be a TRU exclusive!

figrin bran
04-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Apparently people are returning last year's Order 66 to stores as Target did not change the DCPI's. That's on top of the usual figure swaps.

K M Toydarian
04-14-2008, 03:31 AM
Went to NoHo Target to get baby stuff and found one of the original Palpatine order 66 sets from last time. Curious, I rang it up and realized it had the same DPCI as the new ones.

I also saw a lone Order 66 pack at Target NOHO last week, but then realized it had Anakin swapped out for another figure. Upon closer inspection I realized it was from the first batch. Make sure you know what you are looking for before you buy them!
Picked up an ATAP and Grevious fighter Friday in Northridge (Balboa Target). 1 of each there plus I think a blue Obi Wan fighter. Haven't seen new figures anywhere.

bikerscout
04-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Speck - they're talking about the new Falcon to be about $150. I hope it's not a tru exclusive too, I don't think it'll be.
Anyone have any Target midsize vehicle receipts they don't need? I'm trying to get rid of an AAT and a Hailfire droid. plmk. thx

toonimator
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
The Falcon, by all accounts, is set to be wide-release like the AT-TE. They've gotta go for the greatest return on their investment, after all! With CW3D, it's practically a movie year (hello MM!) so it's a great time for them to try big vehicles again, even a new OT one. Looks amazing, don't it?

Jango Speck
04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Anyone have any Target midsize vehicle receipts they don't need? I'm trying to get rid of an AAT and a Hailfire droid. plmk. thx

I'm in the same boat- trying to get rid of a V-Wing.

StarWarsMom
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Apparently people are returning last year's Order 66 to stores as Target did not change the DCPI's. That's on top of the usual figure swaps.

Interesting...I missed out on the first wave of Order 66 sets. Next Time I'm in Target I'll have to check and see if I can find any of the old sets.

BlueSnags
04-14-2008, 11:52 AM
North Hollywood Target had a few Order 66 packs (including last years Emperor/Thire pack) sitting on a shelf in the SW section. No endcap display.

They also had the Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax Comic 2-pack, so those are finally hitting retail for those of you who (smartly, in hindsight) didn't pay $20 for them when they were an exclusive. I was one of the suckers who bought one for $20, but I bought another for $10 since it's technically a variant (clear visors).

-Snags

JediTricks
04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Duarte Target had no Order 66 packs or space for 'em.

BlueSnags
04-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Found/picked up a Star Sapphire JLU 3-pack at Los Feliz TRU today around lunch time.

Stashed a G.I. Joe Cobra Night Watch gift pack and a CARS Gold Mia & Tia 3-pack - shoot me a PM for location.

UPDATE: Stash has been claimed.

-Snags

darkagent
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Duarte Target had no Order 66 packs or space for 'em.

When did you go? I stopped by during lunch today and saw they had at least 1 complete set (with Tsui Choi) at the front register. What was surprising was that the rest of the end cap was filled with GI Joe. They must have had 15-20 Hiss Tanks.

Maradona
04-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Found/picked up a Star Sapphire JLU 3-pack at Los Feliz TRU today around lunch time.

Stashed a G.I. Joe Cobra Night Watch gift pack and a CARS Gold Mia & Tia 3-pack - shoot me a PM for location.

UPDATE: Stash has been claimed.

-Snags

Thanks for the Cobras! The Cars stash is still safe.

stillakid
04-15-2008, 01:16 AM
TARGET Sepulveda in Van Nuys at the 405 and Burbank....

Thanks to Crunchy for the tip... found the Order 66 packs on the endcap near the registers tonight, BUT

I found all but number 3 of 6. WTF? What IS in 3 of 6? Plenty of the others but NO number 3s? Is there a Wonka Golden Ticket in there or something? Playmate Leia? Stripper Securla? $20 rebate coupon? Why no number 3s?

K M Toydarian
04-15-2008, 01:35 AM
TARGET Sepulveda in Van Nuys at the 405 and Burbank....

Thanks to Crunchy for the tip... found the Order 66 packs on the endcap near the registers tonight, BUT

I found all but number 3 of 6. WTF? What IS in 3 of 6? Plenty of the others but NO number 3s? Is there a Wonka Golden Ticket in there or something? Playmate Leia? Stripper Securla? $20 rebate coupon? Why no number 3s?

3 of 6 is Tsu Choi, the little blue alien of the same species as podracer Ratts Tyerell. I am surprised they put this new sculpt character in this wave, since last set was all repaints. Now, he is going first since people might want 2 of him, but not interested in two of the others. I believe they are 2 sets of 6 per case, making it hard to find a set, if someone has taken the Tsu Choi's already.
I am sure we will see this character again in a battle pack or something though, at the very least, the head sculpt on a podracer figure.
It is such a double edged sword. Because he's in the order66 series, and new, he will be harder to find, but we got him at all, as by himself, I am sure he would have been a major dud.

On another note, I got in the mail today an Obi Wan Bobblehead from Entertainment Earth, with a $25 "giftcode" they sent a couple weeks back. He's pretty cool, and have not seen him in stores yet.

K M Toydarian
04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
heads up... McQuarrie Han up on HTS.com

toonimator
04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Two days after the 'street date' and still nothing at Burbank Target. No Joes, no Order 66. But TIDE is on an endcap at the registers now, $6.99 a box! :whip:

Looked like they're refreshing a couple other endcaps, but no shelves or anything up yet... maybe tomorrow. More Wave 1 DCU is all they had in the toy aisle.

BlueSnags
04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Heads up: Indiana Jones Wave 3 (Last Crusade assortment) is up for pre-order on HTS.

-Snags

JodyB
04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Two days after the 'street date' and still nothing at Burbank Target. No Joes, no Order 66. But TIDE is on an endcap at the registers now, $6.99 a box! :whip:

Looked like they're refreshing a couple other endcaps, but no shelves or anything up yet... maybe tomorrow. More Wave 1 DCU is all they had in the toy aisle.

That endcap is out now... All Order 66 sets (Counted 6 sets), All Joe Vehicles and all Transformers... out at 12pm at Burbank Target

darkagent
04-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Just got back from Duarte Target and sadly all the GI Joe and Order66 I reported yesterday are gone. Not only that, the endcap is also gone, it has been replaced by Dove chocalates. I hope at least one of you guys was able to get something there yesterday, JT? Maybe it was the lurkers here that cleaned them out.:sad:

JediTricks
04-15-2008, 05:30 PM
When did you go? I stopped by during lunch today and saw they had at least 1 complete set (with Tsui Choi) at the front register. What was surprising was that the rest of the end cap was filled with GI Joe. They must have had 15-20 Hiss Tanks.Sunday at 2pm, I checked all the register endcaps, not even close at that time, I guess it must have been put out some time that night.

Just got back from Duarte Target and sadly all the GI Joe and Order66 I reported yesterday are gone. Not only that, the endcap is also gone, it has been replaced by Dove chocalates. I hope at least one of you guys was able to get something there yesterday, JT? Maybe it was the lurkers here that cleaned them out.:sad:Wow, that was a fast turnaround! It wasn't me, I was only out there on Sunday to meet a friend, not even to shop.

Tycho
04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I got another Tsui Choi this morning (all done) and left 1-2 of those behind along with all the other Order 66.

I got the Vader figure from Force Unleashed. Looks awesome, too! I may open him in a little bit, but I'm hesitating as I might want to save him and compare paint jobs so as to get the best I can get.

I also got the Jedi dude from TFU. I might buy more of him.

I turned down a second Mariss Brood, but I'm sure she'll pop up again.

The rest of TFU figures were there, except the troopers which I don't want anyway. The black Royal Guards gave me pause, but I didn't buy them.

I need to find more Octopara / Tri-Droids (3 more) so I hope to run across more Wave 1.

There's no Transformers on my "buy list," but whenever Powerglide shows up, he'll get careful consideration once I get him in my hands.

I'm not planning on buying Indy stuff, but I want to look and I'm getting excited to see it.

JediTricks
04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Powerglide is part of Transformers Universe, which is not coming out until after SDCC.